NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to Calmora [OPEN/OOC/Warhammer 40K/Imperial Guard}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Isapito
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Mon Mar 19, 2018 3:06 pm

Name: Marius Pascar
Personality: Friendly with an almost parental relationship with those in his platoon but has a bitter hatred for the xenos that some find disturbing.
History: Like many Cadians Marius was raised in the art of war and early in those days of training he found a talent for controlling sentinels. He fought several campaigns in both armoured and scout sentinels rising up through the ranks till he came to command a squadron of his own which he did successfully for several campaigns more, his company was faced with a lack of experienced sentinel commanders and decided to make him an acting lieutenant with the promise of a more permanent commission to the rank if he is successful, which here on Calmora might just mean survival.
Regiment(Company, Platoon, and Squad if rank is low enough):327th Cadian Mechanized
Weapon: Armoured sentinel nominally equipped with an autocannon plus a plasma pistol and a sabre.
Experience: Extensive, has fought orks on a few occasions throughout several campaigns.
Discipline History: A count of theft and another of bribery, both cases looking to acquire supplies or equipment for his men plus a few minor violations in his earlier days in the guard.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:21 pm

Isapito wrote:Name: Marius Pascar
Personality: Friendly with an almost parental relationship with those in his platoon but has a bitter hatred for the xenos that some find disturbing.
History: Like many Cadians Marius was raised in the art of war and early in those days of training he found a talent for controlling sentinels. He fought several campaigns in both armoured and scout sentinels rising up through the ranks till he came to command a squadron of his own which he did successfully for several campaigns more, his company was faced with a lack of experienced sentinel commanders and decided to make him an acting lieutenant with the promise of a more permanent commission to the rank if he is successful, which here on Calmora might just mean survival.
Regiment(Company, Platoon, and Squad if rank is low enough):327th Cadian Mechanized
Weapon: Armoured sentinel nominally equipped with an autocannon plus a plasma pistol and a sabre.
Experience: Extensive, has fought orks on a few occasions throughout several campaigns.
Discipline History: A count of theft and another of bribery, both cases looking to acquire supplies or equipment for his men plus a few minor violations in his earlier days in the guard.

Accepted
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:22 pm

Update:

My laptop was stolen earlier today so I will be severely restricted in posting until I get it back or get a new one
Lover of doggos

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:24 pm

Revlona wrote:Update:

My laptop was stolen earlier today so I will be severely restricted in posting until I get it back or get a new one

Damm sorry to hear that dude. Hope you get it back it soon and thanks for telling us.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Mon Mar 19, 2018 5:27 pm

Andsed wrote:

Damm sorry to hear that dude. Hope you get it back it soon and thanks for telling us.

Yeah it really sucks
Lover of doggos

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Mon Mar 19, 2018 9:59 pm

Chronodosia, can you do your posts in the past tense like the others? It's kind of jarring.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:57 am

That’s an extreme amount of dead for inaccurate fire.

Might as well evacuate the planet ignite this yhe casulties inaccurate fire gives us, makes you wonder how the PDF surviv d under such inaccurate fire
Lover of doggos

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:09 am

Revlona wrote:That’s an extreme amount of dead for inaccurate fire.

Might as well evacuate the planet ignite this yhe casulties inaccurate fire gives us, makes you wonder how the PDF surviv d under such inaccurate fire

In the tabletop Orks hit on 5s which I'd call inaccurate, but with a unit of 30 Shoota boyz you'd kill an average of 10 Guardsmen a turn. Plus the PDF are in cover, while the guardsmen are apparently milling about in the open.
I would say, as a writing tip, avoid round numbers for casualties, and usually you can get away with avoiding specific numbers at all. Things like "a score" (which means 20 but doesn't sound so specific), or "more than a few".

Still, in a single salvo where they apparently aren't being ambushed, 20 does seem rather a lot.
The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:28 am

Tethys 13 wrote:
Revlona wrote:That’s an extreme amount of dead for inaccurate fire.

In the tabletop Orks hit on 5s which I'd call inaccurate, but with a unit of 30 Shoota boyz you'd kill an average of 10 Guardsmen a turn. Plus the PDF are in cover, while the guardsmen are apparently milling about in the open.
I would say, as a writing tip, avoid round numbers for casualties, and usually you can get away with avoiding specific numbers at all. Things like "a score" (which means 20 but doesn't sound so specific), or "more than a few".

Still, in a single salvo where they apparently aren't being ambushed, 20 does seem rather a lot.

Yes, but concentrated firepower from an entire platoon of guardsmen plus their chimeras plus the PDF should equal the quick demise of 30 Shoota Boyz
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:31 am

Update:

My Laptop has been returned to me
Lover of doggos

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:06 am

My Laptop has been returned to me

Hurray. :clap:

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:17 am

Updated the Roster
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:56 am

If yall want, I can draw a rough map of the space port for yall
Lover of doggos

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:57 am

Revlona wrote:If yall want, I can draw a rough map of the space port for yall

That would be for the best.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:10 am

Andsed wrote:
Revlona wrote:If yall want, I can draw a rough map of the space port for yall

That would be for the best.

It will be kinda crappy but it will at least give you an idea of the layout
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Spaceport Map is in the OP
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:37 pm

Artillery hasn’t landed yet, they won’t until we clear the Spaceport and establish a better perimitor
Lover of doggos

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:39 pm

Revlona wrote:Artillery hasn’t landed yet, they won’t until we clear the Spaceport and establish a better perimitor

What about cas? Also feel free to play a regimental staff NPC and tell my character this.

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:41 pm

Also I'd expect something like light mortars would come down with the infantry, if they operate like IRL then they're company weapons and ideal in a situation when you want some indirect anti personnel suppressing fire

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:43 pm

Isapito wrote:
Revlona wrote:Artillery hasn’t landed yet, they won’t until we clear the Spaceport and establish a better perimitor

What about cas? Also feel free to play a regimental staff NPC and tell my character this.

Your would already know about the no artillery as you can see the entire Spaceport.

No CAS as there are too many friendliest nearby and a strike may cause more problems than they solve
Lover of doggos

Isapito
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Isapito » Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:55 pm

Doesn't have to be danger close or anything to stem the tide, a Marauder Destroyer or Avenger would do the job.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:16 pm

Orks have air power too
Lover of doggos

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:17 pm

Name: Saltz Grad
Personality: Fervent, Loyal, and Trustworthy
History: As soon as he reached of age, Saltz Grad was thrown into the eternal cycle of death and destruction to kill the xenos and to defend the God-Emperor of mankind. Saltz saw countless comrades, officers and commissars being torn, eaten, and blown to pieces as his squad took part in defending planets, attacking planets, boarding ships, defend ships being boarded, and suprression of conquered worlds. Only faith, steel, and a lasgun allowed the him to live to fight for another day as he has been transfered from one Cadian regiment squad to another. No, he has been reassigned to be part of the 298th Cadian Infantry to defend the planet of Calmora.
Regiment(Company, Platoon, and Squad if rank is low enough): 298th Cadian Infantry, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon, and 2nd Squad
Weapon: M36 Lasgun, Grenade Launcher, Combat knife, Frag and Krak grenades
Experience: Extreme: fought Orks, Chaos, and Necrons among numerous campaigns
Discipline History: Few instances of misinterpreting orders and poor inventory managment that happened long ago. Punishment was still swift and brutal.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:22 pm

Union Princes wrote:Name: Saltz Grad
History: As soon as he reached of age, Saltz Grad was thrown into the eternal cycle of death and destruction to kill the xenos and to defend the God-Emperor of mankind. Saltz saw countless comrades, officers and commissars being torn, eaten, and blown to pieces as his squad took part in defending planets, attacking planets, boarding ships, defend ships being boarded, and suprression of conquered worlds. Only faith, steel, and a lasgun allowed the him to live to fight for another day as he has been transfered from one Cadian regiment squad to another. No, he has been reassigned to be part of the 298th Cadian Infantry to defend the planet of Calmora.
Regiment(Company, Platoon, and Squad if rank is low enough): 298th Cadian Infantry, 3rd Company, 3rd Platoon, and 2nd Squad
Discipline History: Few instances of misinterpreting orders and poor inventory managment that happened long ago. Punishment was still swift and brutal.

Thats alot of experience for such a low rank
Lover of doggos

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 20, 2018 2:24 pm

Revlona wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Name: Saltz Grad

Thats alot of experience for such a low rank

It's not unheard of. Sly Marbo is still ranked as a Guardsman.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse