NATION

PASSWORD

Day of Liberation (IC, MT/FanT)

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Day of Liberation (IC, MT/FanT)

Postby Rupudska » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:52 pm

Königsplatz, Berlin, 1920 hours

This post co-written by myself and Austria-Bohemia-Hungary. Please check out and post an app in the OOC before posting here si vous plait

It was a moonlit, slightly chilly May evening in central Berlin. The day began with the Great Memorial Service and parade through the very heart of the ancient city, with thundering Striker Units and jets accompanying it from above, but also with still, solemn music and a two minute long silent moment in the middle of the ceremony. That day was now concluding on Königsplatz, in front of the Imperial Diet with the traditional Prussian Grand Tattoo. Some hundred brilliantly lit torch bearers in the uniform of the First Regiment of Foot Guards of the Imperial Karlsland Army, the First Regiment of Christendom, had placed themselves on the stairs of the Reichstag building and around, flanking and in front of the memorial to Otto Fürst von Bismarck, glittering in the night like bands of pearls. Citizens of the Holy Romagnan Empire and honoured guests of all nations were gathered in an enormous U-shape around the Moltke memorial opposite to the Reichstag, some sitting in the stands and some standing. In the very front row of this enormous crowd, facing the rear of the scarlet saluting stand sat delegates from the victor nations in the Second Great War, the war that concluded on the European continent seventy years ago on exactly today. The Imperial Ambassador of Fusō was there, as was the Reigning Emperor's own sister and her cousin, the Britannian and Baltlandic Ambassadors were chatting away next to them. The Orussian Ambassador a bit apart and the Ambassador from the United States of Liberion the furthest away from the centre stage. In the middle of the front row, the Imperial box so to say were the Holy Romagnan Emperor and Emperor of Karlsland, King of Prussia, his twenty three year old daughter the Crown Princess Hanna Maria Isabelle Albrecht, and the Imperial and Royal Ambassador to Karlsland, Archduchess Clara Alexandra Sophia.

At exactly 1920 hours local time, with six reverberating beats of a bass drum, the four guards consisting of the finest Witches in all of the Holy Romagnan Empire marched on parade, lead on by three bands and illuminated all round by further torch bearers. The tune, Marche des Parachutistes Belges, jovial and quick, were replaced by the more martial strain of Marsch der Yorck'schen Korps as the parade transitioned from Friedensallee to Königsplatz. The parade halted in its already well rehearsed positions and left wheeled. Parade commander and deputy parade commander moved forwards as one to the saluting stand, saluted and reported:

"Ma'am Reichskriegsminister. The Guard of Honour consisting of the Strategic Fighter Group 501 „Strike Witches“, No. 504 Naval Fighter Group „Ardour Witches“, 1st Guards Fighter Group „Freiin von Banfield“ No. 68, 2nd Honvéd Guards Air Defence Fighter Group „Freiin Tóth von Nagyág (Pumák)“ No. 101, and the Life Company of the First Regiment of Foot Guards are assembled for the Grand Tattoo in commemoration of the seventieth Victory in Europe Day. Colonel Erica Hartmann, Parade Commander and Colonel Dészi Szentgyőrgy, Deputy Parade Commander reporting, Ma'am."

As the trio of Witches left the saluting stand for the slow and quick inspection the band struck up a tune everybody present knew, and with the Emperor first, and then Hanna and Clara together, and finally everybody else present rose to their feet. A choir some thousand strong spontaneously joined with the three bands in singing the words that have been sung since the darkest days in European history:

Vor der Kaserne bei dem großen Tor
Stand eine Laterne und steht sie noch davor
So wollen wir uns da wieder seh'n
Bei der Laterne wollen wir steh'n
Wie einst Lili Marleen...

As the last strains of Lili Marlene gently faded away into the evening air, Archduchess Clara carefully settled down on her seat next to Hanna, withdrew a napkin and wiped away the tear that had emerged next to her eyes and quipped to the Crown Princess of Karlsland next to her, "That was... pleasantly unexpected, was it not?" As the inspection moved over in quicktime Clara leaned slightly over into Hanna and whispered: "How are you holding up, dear? It's been a long day and we still have to open the Victory Ball."

To this, the daughter of the Emperor of the Romans, and wife of the Archduchess gave a noncommittal shrug. "We shall have an hour in change after this before then, plenty of time to rest up if I do get tired. But for now -" another shrug "- I'm fine - I'm more concerned about you."

"Me? I'm doing... better than I expected. I haven't collapsed on my knees yet for 15 hours straight..." Clara gave a slight chuckle as she delivered the joke. As the ceremony continued, Clara held her perfect seated position, with as little movement as she was taught, when they rose again for Karlslandlied and the march past and off parade the 24 year old Archduchess of Austria felt a slight shooting pain in her left leg but her facial expressions remained the same.

She only let loose an almost imperceptible sigh as they vacated the stands to move to Hotel Adlon at half past eight. The pain had not faded but instead dulled to an annoyance, the knee must be chafing on the leg, Clara thought. Luckily, she and Hanna had the second car behind the Emperor's and so they arrived at Hotel Adlon without needing to stress her knees anymore than they already were. Excusing herself from her significant other, Clara got into a woman's bathroom, pulled out her phone and sent a single message out. Ten minutes later Oberleutnant Maria Ludovica, dressed as inconspicuously as she possibly could in her black suit entered the same toilet, and left again five minutes later with Clara in tow.

"I'm sorry... did you wait long?" Clara quipped as she comes back from the toilet.

"No, it's fine." Truthfully it had been a long wait for a bathroom break, but Hanna wasn't about to say something like that. Especially with how hypocritical it was - she once took twenty minutes in the bathroom getting a uniform on because one of the buttons was attached improperly, and she was too stubborn and too prideful to ask for help.

"Ok then... we have... nearly an hour to waste before the ball begins..."

Hanna got an idea. An idea she liked, but Clara might not. Still, she'd try at least once to go for it, and that required passing it to Clara gently. "Well our suite's close to the elevator, we'll easily have time for... well..." She grinned sheepishly. As active as they were in that part of their relationship, Hanna still felt a little odd talking about it in public.

Clara's head tilted as she took in Hanna's words... slowly her face turned unreadable as she asked: "What, you want to go to the suite now?"

Hanna just blushed, not quite as red as her hair but close. "Well... you know. With all the preparations we haven't had time to do that in some time..."

"..."

An index finger came up before Hanna's face, accompanied by the words: "Kaiserliche und königliche Hochheit. Have you lost your marbles?" Clara said as gently as she could, "We have one hour Your Ladyship... and whatever things you are considering right now we will not manage within this hour."

Not with that attitude, Hanna thought but did not say. Instead, she shrugged. "Merely a suggestion, Clara. Personally I do not really care what we do for the hour, so long as we can be away from the media circus and the upper nobles for that hour. I swear, if I have to hear the Grand Duke of Hesse's son talk about his skills with women one more time, I shall be forced to take him to a date at the rooftop restaurant at Jaakola Tower, pay the bill myself, then throw him off the roof."

"Ahahaha... so what other suggestions that does not leave us two in a state of undress do you have?" Clara chuckled a little hearing the escapades of the Grand Duke's son.

"We could find a restaurant to dine out at for the hour. Knowing the catering company we hired for the ball, they will probably only have finger food and hors d'oeuvre at best."

"A restaurant? That... sounds like a way better idea that the first one you had dear." Clara teased.

I wouldn't say better. Easier to do in an hour, perhaps. "I tend to have good second ideas. But... I was thinking something besides the usual high-luxury fare. TMZ and other celebrity chasers would probably expect us there, and that'd defeat the purpose."

"Are you sure... normal restaurants wouldn't identify us... especially you as well?" Clara questioned.

"It depends on which ones we go to, I suppose. Something off the radar of the average Karlslander, so to speak, would be best."

"Rather than... being caught and thrown out by some restaurant in disgrace... I want something else Hanna... I want to fly again just for tonight... it's... been a while..."

Hanna smiled, and pulls Clara into a gentle hug. "I think that can be arranged."

"Thank you."

Letting her wife go momentarily, Hanna turned towards the elevator and started for it, Clara following close behind. "Would you rather fly on a broom, or with Strikers," the redheaded Princess asked.

"Do you even have the Units nearby?"

"Well not my issued ones," said the Princess with a half-sigh, "but I always keep a civilian set nearby." It really was silly - she was the Princess of one of the greatest civilizations of magic in the world, and she wasn't allowed to use the best equipment money could buy because it was 'restricted to the military'. Sure, royals were not above the law and she respected that, but there were times she found it... excessive.

"Ok... shall we then?"

"Of course." Hanna took her wife's hand and led her towards the elevator, then a few minutes later out the elevator and out the front door. The Adlon hotel, lacking a car park (it was far too old a building for such nonsense lest they journey underground, and the Historical Society would have a collective aneurysm at the very suggestion), only had two places with which to store Strikers - the roof (which was illegal without a permit, which the Adlon lacked), and the front (which many places in Mittel did). Clara followed her significant other outside, past the security cordon and out on Unter den Linden.

"Chilly... not too much wind... clear skies... perfect flying conditions really... do you think you're going to need approval from air-traffic-control?"

"It shouldn't be too hard," said Hanna as they walked up to her pair of Strikers. Heinkel Dornier Do-220s, essentially Alpha Jets with modernized engines and newer electronics, including built-in radio and smartphone connectivity, hers were a bright red. "As long as we steer clear of Tempelhof." Normally Hanna preferred her Heinkel He-437s, modernized Heinkel He-219 Strikers with similar modifications - but better for long-distance travel, more advanced computers, better landing suspension, came with a truly luxurious fake leather jacket... and was not sold in dual-rider models like the Do-220 was. She would have to talk to Heinkel about that.

"That would be... awful eh? I'll take front seat then... don't be smashing into Brandenburger Tor on take off..." Clara chuckled as she quipped the joke and settled in.

"I'll try not to," Hanna joked back as she settled into the pilot's pair, in the rear - the only two with wings. Her familiar's wings - a barn owl's - popped out from above her ears and the familiar's tail popped out from under her blouse as the two jet engines spooled up to takeoff thrust. At the same time, the ears and tails of Clara's familiar - a dachsund - manifested themselves. Feeling the whine beneath her Clara said nothing as she tucked her tail against Hanna's stomach, beyond... "It's... really been a while..."

"Some day I wish I could fly on my own again... some day..."

"Someday, perhaps," said Hanna cryptically as they slowly rose into the air, stopping at twenty meters.

<<Tempelhof control, this is Solomon 1, requesting altitude restriction cancellation.>>

<<Solomon 1, confirmed. Have a good night, Your Imperial Highness.>>

"For now, how about an aerial view of the Tiergarten's safari section?"

"Safari section?"

"They added it a few months ago. Apart from keeping the animals from eating each other, the zoo lets them do as they please, sleep when they please."

"Ah... sounds nice..."

The two (well, Hanna did most of the steering so mostly just her) banked away from the Brandenburg Tor and towards the zoo to the west, specifically what was once part of the Tiergarten Park and now the eastern third of the park - the 'Safari' section. By far the largest section of the zoological garden, it featured a small river and pond, several clearings, and plenty of trees and grass to keep the herbivores happy - a combination of magical defenses within the section and close monitoring kept any animals from getting eaten.

"Can we fly the parade route then, afterwards? In reverse? I could only see the flypast from the ground... and I kinda wish I was there..." Clara asked, another quiet sniffle slipping past her. As they passed over elephants and giraffes lazily picking leaves from the trees, Hanna nodded and banked back towards the highway that split the Tiergarten neighborhood north-south. Slowing down to just above thirty knots, she took Clara on a low pass over the parade's route starting from the end.

"They had Siegessäule polished just for today I see." Clara laughed a little as they streaked past it. Indeed they had - the eight meter tall bronze statue of the Roman god of victory practically shone in the electric light of the floodlights beneath the tower. Slowly as they retraced their way back over Charlottenburger Chaussee Clara started singing, quietly at first, but in an ascending voice.

"Soaring through the wide skies, we were born to grant dreams
For we have wings and engines in our hearts
We have wings to fly higher than ever
The Striker roars, the border quiets"

"The Orussian Army Witch Corps March?" It wasn't so much that Hanna was surprised that her wife knew the melody, more that she knew the words, and knew them so clearly.

"Aviamarch yes... it... felt appropriate..."

"I see," said Hanna as she shrugged her shoulders. By the time Clara finished the tune, they had arrived at the starting point of the parade.

"I'm no Eila or Sanya though." Clara laughed a little as she finished, and started descending over Neue Wache and flew a loop around Museuminsel. Hanna thought otherwise, but again said nothing.

Passing Neue Wache Clara made an eye right and put her hand to her temple in a salute for but a brief moment. Hanna gave an identical salute as they passed the former guardhouse turned war memorial. For a time it served as a Neuroi War Memorial, but heavy damage in the second War led to it being closed for repairs for several years while the current one in front of the Brandenburg Gate was built, and upon reopening it was repurposed as a general memorial to war deaths. Unlike the Victory Column, both memorials traditionally were lit only by the Eternal Flame - Neue Wache by the one inside, and the black stone Valkyrie that formed the Second Neuroi War memorial illuminated by the fire of the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier it stood, sword raised high, in front of. Pulling her sleeve back Clara then checked her watch. Noting the time she turned her head around.

"It's almost time I think. We should head back." Hanna nodded as she pulled Clara into a slow, gentle Immelmann turn before allowing the two of them a steady descent on their path back to the hotel.

"Ten minutes to spare... no sons of Grand Duke's in the way, looking ok... feeling good... alright let's do it partner." Clara teased as she and Hanna deposited the Unit. Hanna looked herself over in the window, then examined Clara as she put her shoes back on - miraculously still in their place. One of the few advantages of the plaza being one of the most heavily monitored parts of the entire Empire. "We should be fine. Let's go."

With one hand in Hanna's, Clara lead the way through the throng of guests and into the main ballroom, faintly hearing the fanfare trumpeters and the herald announce their arrival. Locking her other hand into Hanna's, Clara mouthed: "On my waist, as usual... as rehearsed..." and waited for the music.

"Of course." And Hanna's hand went around Clara's waist as Brudevalsen began to play from the band and the speakers cleverly hidden in the ceilings and walls of the ballroom. Clara followed Hanna as they started turning, the crowd clapping along, like at Mirabell almost 3 years ago. The crowd got closer and closer as the music progressed and eventually they were boxed in and the music stopped. With a gentle smile, Hanna quickly leaned in for the kiss.

For five whole seconds Clara kept them connected as the room broke into thundering applause. Turning around afterwards, Clara waved with a brilliant smile on her face. Hanna turned her head with a grin towards the direction of the band. "Well, will someone inform me why the band has not yet resumed? This is a ball, after all - we need music to dance to."
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Fuso-
Envoy

Founded: May 08, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Fuso- » Sun Mar 18, 2018 10:55 pm

Hotel Adlon, Berlin, 22:00, 9th of May 2018

Eiraku-no-miya Satoko Naishinnō was standing in the middle of the main ballroom of Hotel Adlon, Berlin, Karlsland, applauding heartily with the rest of the guests surrounding her and filling the room to its limits as Hanna and Clara finished the first dance of the night. She had flown in from Fusō a week earlier to attend the commemoration festivities for the seventieth Victory in Europe over the Neuroi Day as a representative of the Reigning Emperor of Fusō. Accompanying her were military representatives of both the Imperial Fusō Army and Navy, Doctor Miyafuji representing the Miyafuji Zaibatsu, and as close protection detail, Takachiho-no-miya Aiko Naishinnō and her retainers. They had spent the week curing their jet lag and going around the State of Brandenburg sightseeing. But it was for today they were here for, for their allies and they had liberated Europe together through blood, sweat and tears seventy years ago, and it was simply not done to not honour the Glorious Dead that had fought so hard for their liberty, and the continued existence of all humanity.

The Fusō delegation had risen at exactly 6 am this morning, dressed in their finest kimono's or uniforms, appended their various orders and decorations, eaten breakfast and walked out of the hotel to be driven the length of Unter den Linden to Neue Wache where the memorial service was scheduled to be. Arriving at precisely 10 am, they took up their assigned positions on the roof of the Zeughaus, looking down on Unter den Linden and the upcoming parade. At 10:30 am, with the sounds of the crowd collectively rising to their feet and the band striking up Die Wacht am Rhein the memorial service started. The wreath of cherry they brought with them was presented by the Imperial Ambassador of Fusō, and they settled down to watch the beginning of the great march past, featuring a flypast by their very own Imperial Guards in their new Nakajima J8N1 Striker Units.
Two hours later they had returned to Hotel Adlon for lunch, and the Fusō delegation, but especially Satoko found it exceptionally curious that they had been placed right next to the Great Empire of Japan. A conversation had started, which gradually drifted onto the topic of Tactical Surface Fighters and Striker Units. All in all it had been a pleasant lunch and discussion, and they had parted amicably as the luncheon finished late in the afternoon, with an invitation for dinner at 5:30 pm at Schloss Bellvue. For the brief hour between their schedules the delegation from Fusō proceeded directly to Kurfürstendamm for an incognito shopping spree. At 5:30 pm they were back in Tiergarten, laden down with several new bags for their staff to take care of. Dinner with Japanese cuisine in Schloss Bellvue proceeded along better than Satoko had hoped, and by 19:00, fed and watered they departed as a group to Königsplatz to take up their assigned seats in the Imperial box to enjoy the Grand Tattoo.

At 10 pm in the evening, after the first dance of the evening, courtesy of Hanna and Clara had finished, Satoko decided to find a spot in the room with her cousin Aiko and enjoy evening tea together, secretly waiting for somebody to pick the younger sister of the Reigining Sovereign of Fusō up.
Last edited by Fuso- on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:18 am, edited 4 times in total.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 09, 2016

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:45 am

Hotel Adlon, Berlin, 22:15, 9th of May 2018

Yuuhi took a long sigh after she had finished getting her dress uniform on, a elegant looking but somewhat strange outfit, mostly purple, matching her hair colour with elaborate red trim running along the hip vents and, the sleeves were cut in such a way one could see her shoulders, the hip vents showing a black body glove with gold trim running up the side of her legs and a strange pattern on the neck also in gold. Her shoulders decorated with a unique to the Japanese Pacific States' shoulder board of which by colour signified the medals she had as Shogun, in addition to this on her chest in the centre running out to the left and right side of her chest was more gold patterns.. However these were actual golden insignias, also signifying her medals, the one in the direct centre however was decorated with the insignia of her Regency House of which was currently ruling the Empire with her at the head. After finishing with her uniform she had donned her black high heeled boots and white gloves.. Lastly the headpiece, a golden insignia signifying her as the Shogun of the Japanese Pacific States.

After leaving her room, much to the protest of her Vassal Retainers, she had decided this event wouldn't require their presence to keep her safe it was but a sort of Ball, and besides... Her choice of spending it with would've only somewhat complicated the situation and earned more protest from her Vassal Retainers, Maya, and Mana Tsukuyomi, both were cousins, fiercely loyal to the Shogun... Of course who from Japan wasn't? .The Shogun was the absolute centre of all Japanese life. The figure of strength for Japan to look to for guidance both in times of strife and in times of peace, and prosperity. However such times were rare for Japan since it's victory in the Asia-Pacific War of 1941-45. Japan had taken a majority of territories from it's allies in the previous war and established itself a place in the sun as the Shogun at the time had said...

Arriving at the dance room, Yuuhi had looked around, manoeuvring herself on the outside of the room so as to prevent herself from getting in the way of those already taking part in the dancing. The music of course was as expected, classical european. Beautiful even to her own ears. She finally managed to find the one she had arranged to dance with tonight. Satoko Naishinnō. Though she hadn't heard of this woman before she was apparently as she learned quickly, the younger sister to the Empress of the Empire of Fuso. A nation of which shared similarities to Japan, however while Fuso had Witches, Japan had technological advancement and weapons of war thought almost inconceivable to most modern scientists, the Tactical Surface Fighter, Bipedal mechs of which were capable of flight. However there would always be time to speak on those, for now Yuuhi would push such matters aside and simply enjoy herself for the night.. Approaching Satoko from the side, she noticed that she was enjoying a cup of tea. Yuuhi herself would also be doing such if she wasn't already somewhat late. "My apologies. I hope I didn't keep you waiting too long, with our uniforms being designed the way they are, they're elegant looking... But somewhat complicated to put on." Yuuhi spoke to Satoko bowing her head somewhat slightly. "Shall we begin? I must tell you though... I'm not the most perfect of dancers."
Last edited by Japan and Pacific States on Mon Mar 19, 2018 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nationstates Stats not Used
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.
Current Events:All is well

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Mar 19, 2018 4:35 am

Königsplatz, Berlin, 19:40 hours

“How do you find Berlin, Rudolph?” – Alexander asked.

The young man looked about himself. The amazement which he had felt in the first days in the city, surprised by its beauty and the resemblance it bore to the great cities of Reichskamphen, or indeed some of the ‘better’ (at least, in Rudolph’s mind, they were better’) parts of Liberty-City, had not abated yet, and as he looked back at the Emperor of Greater Prussia, he responded with feeling:

– “It is amazing, Your Imperial Majesty.”

– “Please, Rudolph, do not call me that. We are family, or almost family. You are betrothed to my daughter, surely this has to mean something. It is entirely alright for you to call me ‘Alexander’, after all I do call you Rudolph, or if it is absolutely necessary for you, Mr. Blaken-Kazansky would do well.”

– “Oh absolutely, Sir, forgive me.”

– “Rudolph, Rudolph. In some senses you’re a very bright kid, and yet you in some senses never seem to learn.” – Alexander said. “But yet, I’d like you boys to think about what we’ve seen here, is it not fascinating?”

Next to Rudolph, a young man with curly, red hair, smiled. “Your I… Mr. Blaken-Kazansky, the parade is fascinating. The Strike Witches particularly so.”

“Hah, should I tell Countess Antiras that you have found these Witches fascinating? But you are right, Strike Witches are a fascinating bit of local culture. Of all Striker Unit designs, the ones in Karlsland are the most practicable, comparable only with Austrian ones. Generally, Strike Witches are a fairly foolish idea, but the Karslandi and Austrians make it work. The marriage of tradition and modern technology that is involved here is a miraculous one.” – Alexander continued – “Now, Rudolph, Henry, follow me. We are going to the ball, and I would like you to not embarrass me or the Leyfield School for Boys.”
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Mar 19, 2018 7:44 pm

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
22:00, 9th of May 2018
Carla Vasa

"No drink, she said..."

Carla was, in the public eye, many things. Progressive, philanthropist, royal, she was the apple in Baltland's eye, with a magnetic, maverick personality to match. To hold together a realm that was once split between the rival Nordic crowns of Sweden and Denmark was no mean feat, and Carla, like all prior royals, had had the arduous task of painting herself as the 'Princess of All Nords North of the Öresund'. To that end, it was the job of her chambermaid and guard to watch over her every step of the way, and that included her drink.

"Just bear with it, Your Highness," stated her blonde, uniformed chambermaid, pushing her dowdy spectacles as she minded the blonde, shorthaired princess in the ultramarine dress, "I know your liver has 'magical properties', but even it has limits."

"Shut up," grumbled Carla with a pout, "I want my Bourbon."

"And in God's name, be serious," the chambermaid instructed in a huff, "you're a representative of Baltland. Act properly."

Rolling her eyes, Carla could only keep her silence as she put on a diplomatic smile. Much as she hated to admit it, alcohol was one of her worst vices. Biting her lip, she stared at the glass of sparkling orange juice she was forced on, trying to hide her disappointment. But Carla was still a princess, and she was at work. Party time, as she felt, would have to wait.

"Where's Tina," she asked her chambermaid, habitually swirling her bubbled orange juice like wine. Peering over at the buffet table, the servant merely stated, "over there, with Ásdís and Olivia."

Watching the three young girls chattering eagerly at the buffet table, Carla's mood appeared to sour even more. It appeared as if being the second child onward entitled her to a degree of freedom Carla could not be granted. Downing the juice at one go, Carla's patience strained at the envy of her innocent sister. Putting on a smile again, it was becoming evident how forced it had become.

"Shall we," Carla quipped in a petty tone, making her way through the crowd. Shaking her head, all Maeja could do was play along, and pray to God Almighty that Carla could find some shred of restraint.

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
Eva von Wolfenstein

But Princess Vasa was not the only one having difficulty enjoying the party. The past week of pomp and ceremony had been taxing on the Wolfen crown princess, trying to drown the strain with champagne. Dressed in a ruby red dress, the dark-haired lady was no stranger to witches. For her and her people, the witches were, to put in an oversimplified way, enemies. Foot soldiers of a neighbouring hegemon that had laid claim to the legacy of the Astoli Empire, their business since the War for Independence was killing witches, not exactly the most welcome of guests in Karlsland.

But this was a different land, even if the conventions of witch magic were practically identical. Eva von Wolfenstein, heir presumptive to the imperial crown, knew better than to judge the witches as a group based on a few's actions. The same, sadly, could not be said of her subjects. Some, she had feared, were going rogue, and a shadow was beginning to loom over the disparate domain, trying to pull events towards ultimate disaster.

As if she had enough problems at home as it is.

"Your Highness?"

Peering by her side, the aloof-looking princess noted the delicate blue-white dress of her personal secretary. With doll-like features and a virtually expressionless face, the blonde woman's Victorian appearance was enough to spook Eva. As far as she remembered, she had enough of walking killer dolls as it was. Fortunately for Eva, this 'doll' had a pulse, and not ticking like a clock.

"I sent the missive as you asked," the woman reported to Eva, with the jarring discipline of a soldier than a secretary on memos, "your guards?"

"I let them go off on their own for now," Eva stated, trying to spot her own protection detail from the crowd, "I feel they'd work better when left to their own devices."

That, given the dark-haired brigadier's philandering, seemed hard to justify. While the military would afford only the best protection for the royal family, it did not seem to make sense to allow her protection detail to wander off on their own. The fact was that Eva simply did not want to feel suffocated, particularly in the presence of the infamous White Devil. Edenite by birth and heritage, Eva was part of the dominant people who unified the fractured Wolfen confederation into the centralized empire it is today. In contrast, her protection detail, whether by oversight or deliberation, were made up of the subject minorities that populate Wolfenium's frontier states. The least of her favourites was her guard captain and subordinates, Fusou and Belkans from the northwest state of Belka. Once a key Federalist state who was crushed by the Imperial side in the Wolfen Civil War, a century of repression and assimilation had only hardened their people's resolve to preserve their unique identity. That her family - her grandfather - relied on their martial prowess to bring the country in line was a grim irony. Never mind the witches. Eva felt as if she was alreafy being held hostage by separatists.

"...I feel like a rich person already," she heard Subaru joke to her exasperated colleague, swirling her wine glass in an ungainly manner. Checking her watch, Eva wondered how much time until the end of the ball, and her trip.

"Heavens, why," grumbled the princess, sipping from her glass again. This was going to be a long night for her, and it was only going to get longer.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Tue Mar 20, 2018 1:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Fuso-
Envoy

Postby Fuso- » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:16 am

Hotel Adlon, 22:15

Satoko was getting increasingly bored as her conversation with Aiko turned more and more awkward by the minute. They had practically exhausted every topic they could think of in fifteen minutes when her wait ended, and her scheduled dance partner finally arrived. Rising up, Satoko straightened out her simple light yellow furisode, adjusted the yellow and white sash of the Grand Cordon of the Order of the Sacred Treasure she wore for tonight, and replied with a smile, in perfect received pronunciation: "The wait was not long... and do not worry about dancing skills, this is after all not a competition, Your Highness." Taking three steps forwards, leaving her security detail still at the tea table as scheduled and most importantly outside of hearing distance, Satoko gave a little bow to Yuuhi and continued, this time in Japanese: "I sincerely apologise, Yuuhi-san. Court protocol in the presence of my cousin and retainers had to be followed."

Leading her guest out through the throng of milling European and foreign nobles, Satoko finally found a somewhat secluded spot, turned to her guest and said in a near whisper: "Do you wish to lead the dance, or shall I?" And with that matter promptly decided, the twenty eight year old Princess of Fusō in her new yellow furisode and the twenty two year old Seii Taishōgun of Japan in her purple dress uniform began revolving in pace to the music. It looked to an an outsider somewhat awkward as the pair spun their way through the ball room and truth to be told Satoko had mainly suggested it over dinner to prevent her being accosted by some lascivious nobleman from Europe. As the dance went on and the long day approached its end Satoko decided to ask the one question that she's been wanting to ask all day.
"Yuuhi-san, a query: What are your opinion's of today's... celebrations?"
Last edited by Fuso- on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Mar 20, 2018 3:47 am

Alexander and the two young men behind him entered the hall, surveying as they did the milling throng of noblemen. They were striking in their appearance – the Emperor nearly unnaturally tall, dressed in his red-and-gold cherkeska, and behind him the two Reichskamphenites in their black-and-silver uniforms.

Now this is not the sort of thing I am very much fond of, but it is quite the Reichskamphenite thing. – Alexander observed, as he walked down the hall. One thing you can say about these Berliner noblemen, they are quite elegant. Now, Rudy, here you must learn to identify the different ones – over are the ones from Karlsland, and there are the guests from Fuso… now if you were a ranking diplomat you might have some augmented reality setup to help you with this, but you should learn to do it the ordinary way…
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 17, 2014
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Selkie » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:16 am

Ballroom of Hotel Adlon, Berlin. 9th of May, 2018, 22:19.
It has been a magnificent time in Berlin. The large metropolis, quite frankly larger then any city in the Free Lands combined, had really gussied up for the celebrations - a victory celebration, of a war won in 1948, when their Daideo had been a small child.
Nevertheless, it was a good opportunity to start diplomatic relations with the Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland and other invited guests, to maybe have some fun as well. A few names on the guest list looked familiar as well, if the four Selkie, who were supposed to attend, were asked: Allanea was a known acquaintance, even buying AShMs from SDY. The Empire of Japanese Pacific States was known to the Free Lands as well, although not too well, they would freely admit (something to maybe change tonight).
Other then that... no name looked really familiar so far, at least to Marla Cróimiam of the Tribe of Cork. The bluenette Marcach, a horsewoman of outstanding merit, enough to be asked to represent her people, had exchanged her armour and sword for a Geansai on this occassion, wearing Carman Fea's Red and White. Foreigners liked to describe the traditional tribal garnments of the Selkie as 'airy' mostly, especially the female version, which was known all over the world: Emphasizing the figure, it showed much skin in her case and, something she was a bit proud of, not a gram of fat. A holder, in burgundy fur, held her 'argumentation amplifiers, nothing in there being stuffed - and there was a lot in there. Closed by a series of straps on the back, this piece was alone, the straps covered by the cloak-like fur-piece covering the shoulderblades, which were in turn connected to cloth covering the upper arms, all in all known as the sleeves, in white. A skirt completed most of it, knee-length on the right side, going up to the hip of the left, showing much leg and allowing freedom of movement, and being held up by a belt, which held a pair of utility pouches of brown leather, which held her purse and a few other small things... to the point of a small medkit. This was a ball after all and Marla had rather difficult memories of such events.
Stockings, in white as well, and the shoes called the Bróg completed the ensemble, Marla forgoing the bandana she was allowed to wear. Instead, her only piece of jewelry was the feather of a Red-White Eagle held in her hair by a silver clasp behind her ear.
Her blue eyes sparkled as she applauded the first dancers of the night, two girls, who had entered in a bit of a hurry. Marla was straight as her sword, but she saw the love between the two of them - that was the important part. The love.
She knew, that her companion had similar thoughts, judging by the small smile on the face of Donald Crionna of the Tribe of Louth, the Head of the Foreign Office - to his subordinates, he was Daideo, Grandfather, even if only honorary. Clad in a male Geansai, a coloured fur coat of mid-calf length (and spads beneath them) held up by furry shoulder pauldrons and a strap around the chest, a leather corset with a strong back helping the old man with back troubles, fingerless gloves with furry gauntlets and Bróg completing him, of course, he wore Louth's Green and Blue.
The old man with the silver hair, by now known as the Silver Fox, had a failing body, but his mind was sharp as ever, a cane at his side whereever he went. Even at a ball... sadly, he'd have to delegate the dancing to his three younger companions, the other two being Caja Glór of the Tribe of Laois, known as Aingeal, a singer, Ambassador of the Selkie, Arcane Servant to Abhcan, which the black-haired young woman with blue eyes showed by wearing Abhcan's Green and White, while Ayden Tine of the Tribe of Wicklow, Ambassador of the Selkie, a red-haired man built like a wardrobe, wore Black and Green, Wicklow's Colours.
The last few days had been a blast: Arriving on the 6th, the delegation had used the time to acclimatise, look at the city (and its many museums) and enjoying the local cuisine, before the big day. The 9th, the Day of Liberation. A full schedule had awaited them, the Selkie skipping the services (with two laywomen of Selkie-Gods with them, they had chosen to not go lest they cause offense), then had watched the parade from 10:30 onwards.
A grand spectacle of sabre-rattling, but a grand spectacle nonetheless. The 'witches' had been featured in the briefings by the intelligence prior to their departure, but seeing them in action, especially in the Air Show, had been a blast - Marla and Crionna had enjoyed that one the most, if they were honest. The luncheon had been a bit of an interruption, the two of them departing as soon as it was polite to continue watching the air show.
Caja and Ayden had shaken their heads with amused smiles, as long as it was fast, Marla's attention was secured, the old man shortly coming after that. The singer with the angelic had her own moment of bliss during the Zapfenstreich, herself being a connoisseur of music from all over the worlds, herself smiling as she listened to the bands.
And now, the ball.
For the next three hours, they had the most important and taxing part of their job in front of themselves.
It would also be fun, and a lot of it, too, they knew that.
"Alright, ladies and gentleman.", Crionna spoke to them in Selkie, whispering a bit so that they had that part of the conversation to themselves, "Ayden, Caja, please go and mingle. Marla..."
"...I'll stay here with you. Or would you like a place to sit?", the bluenette asked, looking very much like a concerned granddaughter for a moment.
"That would be nice.", Crionna admitted, before he amended, "But as soon as you get a dance partner, you're off."
"Sure.", Marla replied with a grin, switching to English, nodding to the other two as she departed with Crionna towards a corner so that the old man could sit, his back making problems again. His cane, at this point, helped little.
"Right...", Ayden said to Caja and smiled himself, although it did not quite reach the eyes - the diplomat by occupation was in work-mode and that left little place for fun and frivolities. "I'll be mingling."
"Do that, Ayden.", Caja replied, departing towards the dance floor herself to watch and listen to the music, "I'll see you around. Last dance, as usual?"
"Of course.", the man built like a wardrobe said and nodded, before walking off - towards a pair of women, one a dark-haired woman in a ruby dress, who didn't seem like she enjoyed herself, and a woman in a rather victorian dress, who seemed like she did.
Fellow diplomatic workers, like he was, he thought, and that they were a good place to start with tonight's work. He approached Crown Princess Eva von Wolfenstein, although he did not know her name.
He felt, that it would be an interesting evening.
I play PT, MT and a bit FT. I am into character-RPs.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Silverport Dockyards Ltd.: Storefront - Catalogue

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Tue Mar 20, 2018 7:08 pm

Side Room
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
Oda Yuiko

A hectic week for a monumental event. Nothing more that was needed to be said. Standing by the sides as Aiko spent the evening with her sister, Yuiko Oda, the stern-looking retainer of the younger princess, would not have had it any other way. Too much in Aiko's life had left her psyche scarred, and however stringent she was on the tenets of her samurai heritage, there was always a part of her that had become haunted by Aiko's... troubles. Staring at the back of her head, the brown-haired, velvet-eyed woman carefully concealed her worries as decorum demanded. But she could not fool herself into believing everything was fine. There was always something troubling that she feared over Aiko's wellbeing, and not since the tragedy of Aiko's childhood had she ever been able to put her fears to rest.

"What's wrong'" Aiko suddenly spoke to her, staring at retainer with the orange-and-purple kimono with doe eyes as the officer shook her head. Putting on a false smile, Yuiko tried to assure her, "no... it's nothing. Your sister's partner should be here at any moment. We can head to the floor then."

"Ah..." went the princess, laying down her teacup. As she laid a smile on her face, she answered slowly, "that's good. I like a little dance, to be honest."

Her words, despite the jovial tone, somehow felt chilling for the retainer. Yuiko could hardly fathom what she could have done, or what she could do now to help her. Visibly gritting her teeth as Aiko's attention turned back to her sister, Yuiko could no longer keep her aloof facade. But keep it, she must, for Aiko had a great burden upon herself as it was. To become a burden to one's lord was a dishonour no loyal warrior could bear.

As Yuuhi finally arrived to escort her partner, Aiko herself prepared to return to the floor. Clapping her hands, she seemed quite excited, if still tired.

"Ah," Aiko said softly, getting up from her seat, "that's good. Let's go, Yuiko. You must be itching to dance."

"No," blurted the retainer hurriedly, "not at all. I'm just worried you might be bored."

"Ah," the princess concluded, slightly baffled by her words, "well, I suppose I am."

Taking to the floor, the hapless retainer offered her hand as Aiko began to follow her lead to the tunes. Keeping a straight face, she could feel a small shred of peace looking at Aiko's elated appearance. But, how much longer was Yuiko going to keep a straight face in front of such a pitiful figure? It had been more than a decade. Every moment she spent watching Aiko tore up her soul with growing agony.

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
Eva von Wolfenstein

Eva, in the strictest sense of the word, was not an age-old blueblood. The third generation in a dynasty that had only been founded half a century ago. The attitudes of her late grandfather and parents resembled those of any upper-middle class family, if a military one. As such, she herself often baulked at the fancy ettiquete required of the old Edenite nobility, and it showed on her dress. With simple ruby earrings, minimal but delicately brushed makeup and a relatively unconspicuous ballroom dress, it was hard to imagine that she was actual royalty. But Eva was, if anything, quite the reserved woman. She was hardly comfortable drawing attention to herself with such levels of extravagance, especially in a room thick with political intrigue and influence-peddling.

To be mistaken for a normal diplomat, however, would likely not sit well with her.

"May I help you," Violett suddenly spoke, snapping Eva out of her out of her train of thoughts. Peerig at the stoic-looking blonde, it took a moment for Eva to spot the visitor, dressed in what could only be best described as an ethnic costume. Blinking at the fur costume, the princess tried hard not to give a weird look. She could only wish she had Violett's inexplicable ability to look completely emotionless.

"Yes, may I help you? That's quite the outfit you got there. You are?..." she asked of the diplomat, putting on her required decorum as she made a courteous smile. Squeezing her memory for her brief the week before, she tried to recall the identity and nationality of the Celt before her. The witch-inhabited realms were easy enough - Wolfenium had more than enough dealings with the Karlslandic, Ostmarkian and Fusoujin diplomatic corps. Even the ocean-spanning Japanese empire was not too much of a problem, though their use of bipedal machines - Tactical Surface Fighters - was baffling if impractical, almost in preparation for an alien invasion themselves. But the rest were unfamiliar to her, or at least far from enough to ilicit her attention. Considering the unique outfits of the Selkie people, even Eva was surprised she could not identity them sooner.

'Well, no better time to start,' she thought to herself, her smile making a split-second twitch at the new 'work task'.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:15 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Tue Mar 20, 2018 10:07 pm

Hotel Adlon, 22:15

"The celebrations? They were wonderful, though they are essentially still a victory parade are they not? ...Such things.. We have them in Japan and in our other territories, they are not unlike the one held earlier today. However there are still differences as would be expected... With Karlsland and even Fuso, the witches are a symbol of pride, after all with being the defenders of the respective nations.. Much like how Tactical Surface Fighters since 1977, with the Type-77 Gekishin then it's descendants have defended Japan with skilled Eishi at the helm of such devices.. However, we can speak more of that at a later time. I enjoyed myself. Though I believe for my Vassal Retainers, Mana, and Maya, it was quite an ordeal, security wise... I usually don't attend foreign events. Japan has it's enemies, and there are a great number of them of whom would take an opportunity, where it presented itself to end my life. However I am glad I took the risk. To see another land that hasn't been occupied by my own is a rare thing. How did you enjoy the celebrations, Satoko-san?" Yuuhi said, smiling as she danced with Satoko, it was certainly odd for anyone to behold. The Shogun of Japan doing everything she could to keep up with Satoko... Without trying to look like it, and doing everything she could to not look clumsy as she danced. ...Dancing was.. Safe to say, last on the list of things a Shogun of Japan would be found doing. Military training and overseeing the nation was first and foremost. Dancing was not even a secondary matter.

Carefully keeping with Satoko through the song, Yuuhi was entirely nervous about it. Though she kept herself outwardly calm and collected. "Perhaps after this a state visit might be in order? For both of our nations? I am certain you will feel much at home in Japan for the visit, as I would in Fuso given how similar our countries are." Yuuhi said while the dance continued on, in her sight every now and again she could see the other diplomats and leaders of their respective nations coming to the Ball, though she had never met a number of them, she did note one very likely from another nation she had heard of before. The Freelands of the Selkie. Before Yuuhi had known it, the song was over and switched to another waltz, Yuuhi figured she'd cut the chance of embarrassing herself down and broke away from Satoko. "Thank you for the dance, if it's no trouble I'll be off to the side, I suppose there are others of whom would wish to speak to both of us. We should not keep them waiting." Yuuhi then slightly bowed her head and left the dance floor going and drinking a cup of tea at a table.
Everyone's favourite Alt-history Japanese empire with advanced tech and a new Shogunate.. And domination over half the world.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:08 am

Ayden, approaching Eva von Wolfenstein.
As he approached the woman in the ruby dress, he noted her simple jewelry, her finely applied make-up and her posture. Something told him, that he was not only talking to a fellow diplomat, but to a person of higher standing - he thought less of political standing and more of social standing.
Still, he would treat her befitting of her station, even if she held in a weird look... he would not mind, it was a usual reaction.
"May I help you?", the assistant asked a moment later, the woman in the ruby dress adding a moment later: "Yes, may I help you? That's quite the outfit you got there. You are?..."
"Ayden Tine of the Tribe of Wicklow, Ambassador of the Free Lands, Madame.", he greeted and bowed his head in a gesture of respect. He did not have his hand over his heart, such a gesture was reserved for when talking to Elders or equivalents, Heads of State in general. "Good evening." A dance started up and Ayden might not have been the best when it came to foreign dances, but he was capable. He looked at the woman in red, extending his hand with a slightly charming smile - deciding that fortune indeed favoured the bold. "I was wondering, Madame... may I have this dance?"
That, and a dance might be a better breaker of ice then an icebreaker with the veritable fortress of ice he saw himself confronted with.

Marla and Crionna.
Crionna had sat down, both hands on his cane, a small smile on his lips as he watched the proceedings.
He would not dance today, on account of his age, one more he would not have with Marla. The young woman was more and more his caretaker on such trips, a role, which she applied as much skill and energy to as to her actual jobs as a Marcach and as an ambassador of her people. Sadly, for both of them, he could not repay her as he promised... the list of dances they had missed was long indeed.
Marla, he knew, did not hold it against her Daideo.
Honory Grandfather or not, the bonds holding him and his subordinates together were strong.
Marla had departed to fetch two cups of tea for them, as he saw a woman, Shogun Koubuin Yuuhi, go to a table herself after a dance. He would admit, that he did not pay any particular attention to her, or her dancing skills, out there, but it was nice to see a familiar face. Felicia, his deputy, had spoken highly of her kinsfolk as they met in Landevarnik, nearly a year ago.
Since then, Crionna had tried to find the time to deepen the diplomatic relations started that day, or rather evening, but failed to find the time... no time like the present, he thought, and smiled invitingly towards her, offering her wordlessly to join him.
He would not dance tonight, that was guaranteed.
My people are called the Selkie, the nation is usually called the Free Lands in MT-settings. Thanks.

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:33 pm

"Very jolly taste these Karslanders have for music, eh Mr. Epiphelteus?"

There was probably nothing rude about his innocent curious quip but nevertheless it was tasteful when the outpouring cheer of the crowd burst out and swallowed the remark of the Theban ambassador., Hylas Iklopodetes His partner for the evening, one of the department supervisors of His Majesty's own royal arsenal, in fact agreed with him, having sampled some breadth of their hearty tunes for himself, although the conventions of intercourse between two men required some sort of reserved retort on his part. "I imagine they would call it 'warlike' my friend," he joked but none too funnily, keeping his senses attuned to the whole machinery of the parade and its cheerful crowd. "You know that the Germanics are one of those peoples who like to give the blush of frivolity to their killing and stealing..." As this surprisingly casual insight finished he let out an honest little cheer in good cadence with the rest of the audience, extolling their praise for the screaming Witch darting overhead of where they all stood in the cold.

"A thing which His Majesty very well appreciates, I reckon," the Ambassador remarked in a quiet voice, the obvious shadow of introspection descending over the happy lines of his face.

Mastor the royal magistrate let his colleague's comments stand in for verity. Truthfully he was more interested in the procession of sleek military hardware which crawled past them; as a well-versed expert in the world of military technology he instinctively looked for the miniaturized sensors, the smooth lines of construction, the fearsome new weapons batteries which characterized the leading weapons of war. He did not even try to guess too hard at their capabilities; that was because he was well-versed in the world of military technology.

At his side, he felt the disturbance of his compatriot rising clumsily out of his embanked seat. "I should go down to the ballroom," he whispered beneath the orderly shouts of military ardor, "should see if my man is waiting down there..." He had some expectation to meet with a young Karlslandic Prince Armin, who was supposedly to want his company about this hour to look into building an aerospace factory in Thebes.

"I'll join you," said Mastor agreeably. "Wouldn't want you to get your clothes stolen trying to talk business with the lad..."

Hylas laughed a hollow laugh. "As you wish sir..." Soon as the older man had collected his coat and belongings the ambassador led them on to the ballroom.
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Factbook | Embassy | Religion | Community
Create a Colony in YN!
ATTN DEMOCRACIES - JOIN THE OCEANIC SECURITY COUNCIL - SAVE DEMOCRACY

Austria-Bohemia-Hungary
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 28, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Austria-Bohemia-Hungary » Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:45 pm

Hotel Adlon, Berlin, 22:25

With one hand still on her Kappe and the other hand resting on her sword-hilt Oberst Dészi Szentgyőrgy, still dressed in her parade uniform - an white attila and a kneelength blue skirt - finally arrived at the last event of the day, the last of the Second Great War veteran Witches assembled here in Berlin tonight. It had... been a tiring day to say the least, waking up at 4 am in the morning to rouse the Ostmarkian contingent of Witches sent to represent the Monarchy, running the final checks on the small airport in the heart of Berlin that was Tempelhof, and then lead her Witches over the central part of the city, and at parade pace over its central artery. Completing another flypast for the opening of the Liberation Week Air Show, Dészi and her charges retired for a quick lunch, after which followed stand by duty. Thus far into the day things have proceeded flawlessly, and with the continued sunshine over a Berlin in May it looked like the evening programmes will also fly along without a hitch.

At 1900 hours, after their quick dinner, the Combined Squadron drawn from both the Banfield-Witches and the Pumáks assembled before Brandenburger Tor, in their already well rehearsed lines behind the Ardour Witches, and on their given signal began their last official state ceremonial of the day - the traditional Grand Tattoo in front of the Imperial German Reichstag. The march, their own corps quick march carried them within sight of the stands with a style and panache matched only by the First Foot Guards of Karlsland. After arriving in their final positions on Königsplatz Dészi and Hartmann moved forwards as one towards the saluting stand, towards the first commanding officer of the 501st turned Reichskriegsminister, and as they stopped and Erica saluted with her hand, Dészi brought her sword hilt to her nose, held it in place for one second and then dropped her sword hand to her side, at precisely the proscribed angle. With a secret smile, Dészi heard the once horribly unruly Witch with her characteristic bob-cut hair report and followed suite. Report completed she brought her sword back to her side, turned with the two veterans of the original 501st and started on the inspection of the line phase. As they moved towards the right of line and the bands began playing they heard the crowd sing. Quietly, individually at first, but then it reached a crescendo as the thousands of spectators in the stands and all around Tiergarten intoned Lili Marlene. Walking behind the other two Dészi didn't note their facial expressions, but she was pretty sure that like herself, at least a tear or two escaped.
The rest of the Grand Tattoo went by without a hitch, and as they left the Königsplatz accompanied by thundering applause and It's a long way to Tipperary Dészi swore that her Witches were singing along.

They were scheduled to return to Tempelhof for debrief and showers, and probably some sleep, but Dészi, excited as she was by the tremendous success they've demonstrated so far, decided to give herself a well deserved break. Thus leaving her throng of Witches to her second-in-command to handle she proceeded along the Charlottenburger Chaussee, past the Brandenburger Tor and the Second Great War memorial, and right turned onto the packed entrance of Hotel Adlon. She checked into her room, took her shower, and in the absence of anything different yet still suitable to wear put on her parade uniform again. Descending down into the ballroom, Dészi noticed that it was already the third dance - a Shostakovich waltz. With her Kappe still in her hand she began wandering around looking for somebody to dance with... perhaps the Allaneans? On her way over, the Colonel bumped into Her Imperial Highness Eiraku-no-miya Satoko Naishinnō. With a smile and a bow Dészi initiated conversation in English:

"How do you do Your Imperial Highness?"

"Colonel Szentgyőrgy, what a pleasure... I am doing just fine, and you?"

"The same, the same. Has Your week in Berlin been sufficiently amusing for You?"

"It has."

"I see. That's good then..."

"In fact I was going to see what the Allaneans were up to. Maybe they wish to have this dance..."

"Hmm? You were going to invite the Allanean delegation to a dance with You? May I join You then?"

With that matter settled, the two Witches, one in furisode and the other in uniform approached the Allaneans, Satoko went first with a bow: "Pardon us... but may we have this dance with you?"
Last edited by Austria-Bohemia-Hungary on Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Holy Romangnan Empire of Ostmark
something something the sole legitimate Austria-Hungary larp'er on NS :3

MT/MagicT
The Armed Forces|Embassy Programme|The Imperial and National Anthem of the Holy Roman Empire|Characters|The Map

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Wed Mar 21, 2018 9:57 pm

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
9th of May 2018
Eva von Wolfenstein

'The Free Lands... definitely Celts," thought the princess, extending her smile a bit out of courtesy. The Celts had always been a free people, more so than the Germanic tribes that had came to establish the feudal realms of Wolfenium. However, their culture and ways had died out in the sands of time, with the last Gallo-Germanics, the Alsteinians, subsumed by the dominance of Victorian education.[1] Even the Belkans, conquerers of the Camlann people that once inhabited Belka, could not be counted even as partially Gallic.[2] It was perhaps, she felt, a real shame, as the Alsteinians were famed for their Dragon Riders, also banished to obscurity by the ruling Edenites.

"Crown Princess Eva Lilith Heike von Wolfenstein," she introduced herself, as she took the ambassador's hand, "I've been sent by His Majesty, Emperor Karl Franz of Wolfenium as an envoy to observe the celebrations. I'd love to join you on the dance. Violett, update me on any replies later."

Eva was, by no means, a good dancer, but for the sake of etiquette, she had to train herself to dance adequately for any occassion. Following the diplomat's lead, she seemed pretty focused on avoiding his toes than enjoying the dance. But she was not here just for vacation, and a little ballroom diplomacy was in order. She just hoped she would not be bored to death by empty complements. She had enough of suitors as it was.

OOC Notes:
  1. The Alsteinians were a Ruberian group (Astoli Germanics) who settled in central Astol in the Alsteinian plains, intermarrying with the local Celtic tribes and absorbing their traditions and language. Contracted with one of the last (and then the last) surviving dragon nest of Astol at the time, they survived as a distinct people up to the 19th to early 20th Century, steadily assimilated into the Edenite-dominated empire with the extinction of the dragons. They are best known for the prince that unified the alliance of southern feudal states against Amythyst and found the Empire of Wolfenium, Frederick Staufen. The best analogy to the Alsteinians are the Norse-Gaels of Scotland and Ireland.
  2. The Belkans, based on both the Belkans of Ace Combat and Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha (who are themselves based on Ace Combat) are a Germanic group that conquered the northwestern area of Wolfenium that now bears their name. Conquering the petty kingdom of Camlann, the Belkans developed knightly, martial traditions that lasts to this day. One of the earliest supporters of the Wolfen Revolution, the Belkans were the chief supporters of the Federalist side of the Wolfen Civil War, defeated by the Eden-led Imperials and subject to harsh repression for the next century. It was only under the Wolfensteins that Belkan culture flourished once again. While no clear analogy exists, their history is largely based on the Anglo-Saxons, and their culture based on knightly orders and legends such as the Teutonic Knights, and Arthurian legend.
Last edited by Wolfenium on Wed Mar 21, 2018 10:00 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Shwe Tu Colony
Senator

Founded: Sep 27, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Shwe Tu Colony » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:11 pm

Ballroom of Hotel Adlon, Berlin. 9th of May, 2018, 22:25
In a corner of the ballroom, Li'yu Je'vu sat at a table, completely silent & watching everyone else. a friendly, but quiet, (nonmagical) aura emitting from her. It wasn't exactly that she was asocial. She was, in fact, rather boisterous at times & especially so in combat, but in something as serene as this ball she was at, she was feeling a bit out of place. As such, she had been sitting alone at one of the tables, waiting for someone to approach her due to how uncharacteristically nervous she was. Maybe it was because this was really the first non-fashion event she's attended? Occupied with her pondering, Je'vu adjusted something on the side of her head, which was her usual mask, but concealed to prevent it from terrifying anyone.

She had been in the region for the past week or so in anticipation of the celebrations to occur, having been sent by Sekka's enigmatic whims. She didn't understand why he would send out random members of Gesh'rigu to the occasional unknown country, & she suspected the others were the same. Nonetheless, the others said these events were sometimes fun, & if what Ir'a & Bo'kan had to say about the multiversal banquets was true, Je'vu could've had quite the time had she joined them there. Apparently, there was combat aplenty, & for her, there was such an exhilarating feeling to slice her opponents apart & see as a once-unified army would slowly fall apart to her horrifying rampage with help from the rest of Gesh'rigu. While the Parfuhmerian demons weren't usually serving Urgash directly, Je'vu always felt close to the dragon, & always delighted in serving him even more through battle.

But at a celebration like this, she knew better than to do anything idiotic, although there was a sliver of her hoping for something exciting to happen. If it weren't for the fact that she was a foreigner in a nation with different customs, she wouldn't mind walking down the wrong alleyway or going into a rowdy bar & doing something delightful there. If she actually did, though, there would be issues that nobody would be pleased by. Even if it was some corrupt gang or abusive idiot she took on, she thought that, outside of the field of battle, there was nothing to really excuse assault or murder, so she kept that bloodthirsty side of her locked deep inside & focused instead on her fashion.

Back in Parfuhmerie, she & her other three sisters — Ka'ir Bia'yu & Li'yu Xoa'yi — were renowned for something of a fashion sense. In fact, it was often joked that they were responsible for the rise of the colony of Renstar, who had to work diligently to supply the growing Parfuhmerian fashion industry, which was jump-started by the sisters, with clothes & jewelry. Naturally, this meant that the three were also good friends with Norni Nacre & were his best customers. For this event, she had on a gift from Nacre during Ka'ir's wedding: a ruby pendant with Ouroboros on it, which symbolized Urgash, although to anyone unfamiliar with demonic traditions, it was just another dragon.

For her actual clothing, she did not have her usual light armor on since this was a formal ball. Rather, she had on a white gown with loose sleeves that went to her feet & up to her neck, the garment being tinted a light purple & was clearly the masterful handiwork of one of Renstar's famous tailors. The city was known for its artisans, & to find anything that could match the quality of its workers was a difficult endeavor, & they therefore had a monopoly on such goods. With the influence of the Two Seas Trading Company, though, the artisans were kept under control, perhaps out of fear, perhaps out of greed for their work. After all, anyone with a hint of wealth wanted Steissan products (OOC: Steissan is the demonym adjective for Renstar).

The influence of Renstar was certainly visible on Je'vu's attire. No other hand could have made such wondrous products, at least, not in Parfuhmerie's world.

Despite her otherwise notable fashion sense, Je'vu despised high heels. She knew fashion was what one might call a frivolous affair, but she believed that attire shouldn't be harmful at the very least. When would anyone even look at someone's legs, anyway? However, she was willing to stifle her complaints for a few hours just to satisfy someone else, so she was wearing high heels with as insignificant of a height increase as possible, with some Psytrine brilliance woven in to reduce the damage. If she was told that she didn't have to wear them though, she would probably momentarily summon a portal in her elation before excusing herself to the restroom.

Still, Je'vu was sitting in a corner at an empty, small table, simply watching as everyone else interacted. Someone would walk up to her eventually, or maybe she would be ignored for the rest of the night. Either choice was acceptable — the blending of so many cultures & fashions was certainly inspiring. Having realized this, she took out a notepad & pencil & began to sketch out her ideas, basing most of them out of mixes of Parfuhmerian fashion & those present. Interestingly, whenever she started drawing after looking around the room, she would always close her eyes, drawing without seeing her sketch in a literal sense.
Last edited by Shwe Tu Colony on Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cherissime amis! Behold, Shwe Tu Colony/World Machine/WoMac, the paracosm of a spoiled brat, taking everything, sparing nothing, mingling the childhood incroyable with the angst of a young man.
Current status: university rules are just a suggestion
"The summer grass is getting in the way"
Extension

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Wed Mar 21, 2018 11:21 pm

Hotel Adlon, Berlin, 22:26

For the barest moment, Rudolph’s eyes widened, as if in fear. Those in the know remembered how Rudolph embarrassed himself by driving the prideful Archrduchess Annsbach to tears by his rude refusal, in much a similar situation – and how he had, of course, to make a heartfelt apology. And here, again, he was in the same situation. What to do? Should he refuse? Should he say yes? He glanced, uncomfortably, at the Emperor of Greater Prussia, and only discovered, to his mortification, that Alexander was likewise inspecting him. He blushed, his confusion now evident, but Alexander was at least here to give an example.

Near-imperceptibly, Alexander nodded approval. Rudolph turned to Satoko. “Your Imperial Highness,” – he said, I will only be honored to dance with you,” – and took her hand in his.

Alexander, in turn, turned towards Dészi. “Madam, pardon the boys their clumsiness. Shall I be your partner for this dance?”

This gesture caused Rudolph to relax ever so slightly, for after all the Emperor was the very standard of noble and decent behavior, was he not?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Thu Mar 22, 2018 12:18 pm

Ayden, with Eva.
Well, high political standing, then., Ayden thought with a bow of his head as he led the beautiful Crown Princess to the dance floor, leaving Violett, the secretary, behind. Wolfenium was not a nation the Selkie had much contact with, but that was something the man built like a wardrobe might be able to change in the near future, for mutual benefit.
He very soon saw, that she tried to avoid stepping on his toes, as did he, which gave their dance an interesting quality.
Ayden was many things, but a man giving complements was not amongst them. He was a practical and honest man, sometimes to a fault, but served him well in foreign politics. Generally.
"Your Highness...", he whispered during the dance, smiling slightly, mainly because he meant the compliment, "...you have quick feet!" He was not flirting with her and although he would freely admit, that he was dancing with a beautiful woman, she was not his type. He was not out to become her suitor... or for a quick roll in the hay, for that matter. He was a diplomat, after all. "Tell me, Crown Princess, how is Wolfenium these days? We only ever hear from Your beautiful country peripherally, which is a bit sad, if you ask me."

Fuso-
Envoy

Postby Fuso- » Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Hotel Adlon, 22:15 to 22:30

"I apologise, my choice of words were bad... it is... not a victory parade or really a celebration... more like... solemn commemoration of the stupendous efforts humanity exerted in defending itself against a foe vastly outstripping our technological capabilities back then, and of all the victims of that monumental war." Satoko replied carefully to Yuuhi. "Unlike say... the Orussian Tsardom or the People's Republic of China, you will not find the latest main battle tanks or launchers for intercontinental ballistic missiles on the Liberation Day commemorations. You will however find solemn music and silent contemplation for the dead here, and rows upon rows of war veterans who come here to remember their fallen comrades out of their own volition." Satoko continued, outlining the differences between an victory parade and today's ceremonials. Revolving as they did through the crowd to Tchaikovsky's Waltz of the Flowers it was pretty clear from Satoko's point of view that Yuuhi was a novice at dancing. Luckily for the pair, one of them had been thoroughly drilled in the basics of waltzing at the Peer's School and it presented no difficulty for Satoko to take the lead. They just had to avoid Yuuhi stepping on Satoko's feet or stumble on the hems of her furisode.
"How I liked the ceremonials?" Satoko replied neutrally, "It was everything one could and should expect from one of two major commemoration events this year in Europe. I am glad they managed to accomplish the first event without any incident."
"A state visit?" Satoko raised her eyebrows, "Thank you. I will forward Your invitation to the Reigning Sovereign. I am sure Her Imperial Majesty will be delighted to visit Yuuhi-san's fair country."

As long as the Waltz of the Flowers lasted it was not everlasting, and eventually the orchestra finished and gave the guests a pause, enough time to catch breaths or find new partners to dance with. With a pleasant smile on her face Satoko bowed deep to Yuuhi as they finished dancing themselves. "The honour is mine Yuuhi-san. Maybe we will meet again at the state visit. Until then, sayonara."

Heading back towards her table, taking note of where Aiko and Oda-san were in the ballroom, Satoko quietly contemplated her next steps for a dance partner, after all, who the sister to the Reigning Sovereign of Fusō dances with could make or break alliances.
Making a decision, she started heading towards the Allaneans when a chance meeting happened: Dészi Szentgyőrgy, veteran of the Second Great War had come down from her suite and joined the ball. And Satoko nearly bumped right into her, thankfully... that embarrassing event was avoided by some clever footwork and they both stopped before eachother. Dészi was the first one to initiate the conversation with a bow: "How do you do Your Imperial Highness?"

"Colonel Szentgyőrgy, what a pleasure... I am doing just fine, and you?"

"The same, the same. Has Your week in Berlin been sufficiently amusing for You?"

"It has."

"I see. That's good then..."

"In fact I was going to see what the Allaneans were up to. Maybe they wish to have this dance..."

"Hmm? You were going to invite the Allanean delegation to a dance with You? May I join You then?"

"Of course you can."
Satoko replied, again neutrally. Truth to be told she had wanted to dance with the Allaneans in private but there was no way a princess could refuse a Second Great War veteran on this matter without becoming impolite, and so they proceeded as a pair to their goals. Along the way, an adjutant from the 68th Guards Witches relieved Colonel Szentgyőrgy of her headdress, enabling her to to dance with both her hands.
As they arrived, Satoko in the lead, she struck up the conversation with a smile and a bow, and then waited while observing for reactions: "Pardon us... but may we have this dance with you?"
She noted the blush but said nothing of it as another waltz started and she and the Allanean prince started revolving. Apparently by the programme card it was a Shostakovich piece, one that Satoko did not know. It was rhythmic, and very, very modern for Satoko's taste, two things she was actually bad with. "I apologise. I am not particularly good with this tune..." Satoko mumbled as she devoted all her training since childhood to keep in pace with Rudolph and retain her decorum.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:45 pm

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin, Karsland

The Minrozian delegation is there, already observing the festivities on this very day, where the locals are celebrating the day of victory over their Neuroi invaders. This event had reminded the Minrozians of their own Neuroi War back home. In 1939 on the eighth day of August in Earth terms, the Neuroi launched an attack of unprecedented scale of mainland Yuropa, Aztecas and East Yazhou. As the Iclamian nations were used to uneasy peace since the Second Iclamian War, locally known as the Long War, with varied militarization of their respective states, they did not anticipated an alien assault and several had fall after one another. The Middle Kingdom, together with the rest of the Iclamian nations banded together and succeeded in defeating the hated Neurois from their homeworld in 1945. It was the first time for these nations to share a common goal in protecting their homes and their loved one from the outside menace.

Unfortunately reality is cruel; everything had reverted back to the tripolar Cold War and the usual power-plays between the three superpowers. But they’ll never forget the memories of hardships and camaraderie shared between the people of Iclamia, which grew into mutual respect for another despite their own nations; being historical enemies between each other.

As for the witches, like all practitioners of magical arts, they are part of Iclamian daily life alongside the advancements of technologies, reminiscence of science-fiction. To put it shortly, the Iclamians see witches as magic-users, like everyone else. Despite the conventions of witch magic are pratically identical, the only differences between the Iclamian witches and those in the Karlanders’ homeworld are the former don’t lost their powers by age, it varies on individual basis. Some can even become powerful mages by their own right through diligence. On other note, Minroz has the highest numbers of witches by virtue of the Middle Kingdom’s massive population.

On the other hand, the Minrozians find the European cultural landscape to be highly-similar to the Yuropans back home.

Returning to the present at the ballroom, the Minrozians took time to attend the ball like every guest in the room. With the royals dressed in their traditional silk dresses, resembling like Ancient Chinese clothes, while their bodyguards are dressed in western-style uniforms. With their appearances, they’ll surely stand out in the crowd of mostly European folk.

“God, I need a smoke.” The bespectacled man grumbled, dressed in his black-coloured imperial robes.

Prince Hakim Raharjo, former soldier of the Nusantara Federation, ex-mercenary, Spec-ops operative and husband of the Minrozian Crown princess. He was to attend the celebration as representative of Minroz in place of his wife, alongside High Prince Wonggu and his wife Princess Taoxiang. While he greatly respects the fallen in the Neuroi War, Hakim had great difficulty in enjoying the party as he’s a man of modesty and frugality. The lavish lifestyle he’s in is bit too much for him.

“Your Highness, smoking is not good for you. Not to mention, unhealthy.” The chestnut-haired girl quipped as if she’s scolding him. Meiqin is the leader of the Guoanbu guards assigned to the Prince-Consort. “And besides which it’s quite impolite to do so in the middle of the ball. You know there’s rules against smoking indoors~. It’s the same in Yuropa.”

“Big sister is correct. Did you know lot of people got cancer from those things?” The pigtailed girl chimes in, wagging her finger in the cheeky manner. Heiyin is Meiqin’s second-in-command and her female lover. “Her Imperial Highness wouldn’t want you to have lung cancer.”

“Argh, since when you people become my caretakers?” Hakim grumbled.

“Heh, listen to them. It’s just as they said, Hakim. And they’re not wrong, Hakim.” Stated the spikey, black-haired man, wearing the same uniform as the girls. He seemed to be amused by Hakim’s ‘foul’ mood. Shang Tian, former Eight-Bannerman and married with two wives – Meiqin and Heiyin.

“Cheer up, Your Highness. They’re just looking after you,” quipped the short, twin-tailed redhead. “We just don’t wish to see you fall into ill health.”

“Ack! There’s no need to be so formal with me, everyone. Upper-class lifestyle didn’t really suit me at all. I wasn’t royalty to begin with.”

“But you are now~. Hey, I do understand how you feel but that is burden of being royalty.” Meiqin pointed out his newfound status as royalty by virtue of his marriage with Ai since 2015. “To add the fact, big sister Ai is the most powerful woman in the Middle Kingdom. She’s practically the Emperor, you know. I feel sorry for Temu already.”

“I always knew she has a knack for leadership since she was a kid. But she can be real stubborn like her father.” Jieyan pouted. “Ai can be a real handful. Aiya, she’s still a wild child even to this day.”

“Speaking from experiences, captain?” Tian asked, wry with amusements.

“Haha! Don’t forget, we’re also the royal caretakers of His Majesty’s children. I know them when they’re toddlers.” The diminutive redhead said with a knowing-smile.

“Oh God, I know I am royal.” Hakim grunted. “But I was soldier for most of my life, I’m still am. I know little about royalty stuff. My family back home are your just run-of-the-mill upper middle-class. And besides, politics isn’t my strong suit.”

“If that’s what you’re wondering, don’t worry, you’ll be fine. We’ll back you up if that happens.” Heiyin quipped.

Sighing, Hakim wished his wife, Crown Princess Ai, is here. He knew she can handle upper-class society better than him, even though Ai dislikes the pomp of nobility as much as he does. Not doubt it in his mind, she’ll certainly brighten up and get casual with everyone, irrespective of their class. She would’ve attended. However, her political duties in the Middle Kingdom kept her from attending the celebration in Karsland. In her words, ‘I’m really sorry. I got swamped by paperwork from hell. As much as I want to come with you but the Gods knew how much I need to do, aiya’.

Needless to say, Hakim felt little alone without her presence in the room, full of high-profile figures, from nobles to politicians. Not to mention out of place, he’s probably the only one in his group to be a plebeian. At the very least, he married the love of his life. And he is with people he knows and trusts from his residence in Minroz to which he’s glad to have them in his company.

“Haha, now you mentioned it, both of them are very talented and kind-hearted people. Hey, I’m don’t wish to sound like I’m making some lese majeste remarks and I respected them as our leaders. The only difference is their own personalities, one act like a dictator while the younger brother behaves like constitutional monarch, no different from Imperial Sechsmany. Aiya, ever since the third year in the office, the two often bickers on how to get things done in regards to national affairs.” Shang Tian gripped at the last mention. “We saw it. Heavens help us if it becomes more than sibling spat.”

“Yeah, True.” Meiqin nodded, smiling less at the fact. She couldn’t fault her husband, considering she’s one of the witnesses who seen the squabbling between two said siblings. “I hate to see them fight.”

“Me too, honey. I don’t like this as much as you do.”

“Same as I. I’m quite worried.” Heiyin spoke with worry. Jieyan and Hakim were silent in response.

As much as the Minrozians respected their monarchs, they’re quite disturbed by occasional heated arguments between Ai and Temujin in regards to their style of governance. While the two are liberal, compassionate individuals who valued the constitutional rule of law, Ai leaned towards benevolent autocracy like her father while Temujin favoured the more democratic government. Luckily for the Minrozians, this doesn’t boils down into the royal civil war. Just a simple disagreement between two people in regards to their political beliefs. Both Ai and Temujin are too closed as a family to consider fratricide. It also helps their mother and Wonggu acted as peacekeepers to mediate them of their disputes.

“Fear not. Her Imperial Majesty will not let it happen. Trust your aunt, Meiqin. After all, she’s their mother.” Jieyan assures her friends, trying to change topic. “If there’s anyone they’ll listen, it’ll be her.”

“Haha, Auntie can be very playful. But she’s scary when she’s angry.” Meiqin chuckled.

“Hey, at the very least, we don’t have to worry about the Kuomintang in charge since 2016.” Tian said in good humour. This elicits laughter from his friends including the not-so-grouchy Hakim. They don’t harbour much positive opinions about the Kuomintang, who’re basically Minrozian Neo-fascists. When the Kuomintang attempted to stage the silent coup against the Imperial government and the emperor to the replace the country rule with the military junta, the Minrozian State Security forces had quickly got wind of the plot and swooped in to apprehend the plotters before they act. The Crown Princess and the Emperor dismissed most of them from the government offices in response. All chief conspirators were tried, held trail and executed by imperial justice. After all in the Minrozian law, attacking the emperor is punishable by death.

“Speaking of which, how’s our other two lovebirds~?”

“Oh yeah, Taoxiang told me she’s taking Wonggu to the dance.” Tian mentioned, scratching his head.

“A dance?” Heiyin smiled, sounding amused. “Big sister, your cousin doesn’t strike me as the guy who likes dancing like a noble, let alone dancing in the ballroom like the ones we saw in Yuropa.”

“Oh, isn’t that right?” Hakim mused. They turned to look in direction of the dance floor, seeing Captain An Zhijian dressed in her uniform, staring into the crowd. Then they looked into Zhijian’s direction. What they see are Crown Prince Wonggu dressed in his royal outfit, together with his wife Liu Taoxiang in her green silk dress, dancing together.

“Isn’t it beautiful, dear~?” Taoxiang quipped to her husband. “I felt like our hearts and souls are one like this. Well, it’s been my dream to dance with you in the western ballroom.”

“You know me, Taoxiang. I’m not used to dancing like a classical gentleman in the West, let alone ballroom dancing.” Wonggu replied, blushing with embarrassment. “Hmph! If it’s for you, I’ll do it.”

She giggled. “Hehe~ You’re so sweet, that’s why I love you~.” The pinkette give an affectionate kiss on Wonggu’s cheek. Smiling in response, the Crown Prince continued dancing with his wife.

“Anything for you.” Wonggu whispered.

Smiling, the usual stoic Zhijian gave the nod of approval to the Crown Prince.

Watching the royal couple continue their dance, Hakim felt a pang of jealousy at the sight. The Prince-consort didn’t want to admit out loud that he wished he could dance with his beloved Ai in the middle of ball. For now, he wants to take something off his mind. Not alcohol, considering his Muslim faith.

“Urgh, in the name of God, the all-merciful the all-compassionate, I’m going out for a snack. If anyone wants to join me, feel free.” Hakim walked off towards the buffet table. His bodyguards just shrugged to each other and accompany him.

“Well, let’s have fun and enjoy while we’re here~.” Heiyin quipped.

“Gods, I happened to be little hungry already.” Tian jested.

“Let’s go eat already.” Hakim muttered on his way. This will be going to be a long night for him, even three years of royal tutelage is not going to keep him from being exasperated from life in high society.

Little did the Nusantaran knew, he’s going to run into people he has already acquainted with. This night might not turned out to be a boring as he’ll thinks it out to be.

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin, Karsland
Satsuma Hana

Satsuma Hana, retainer to princess Aiko and martial artist prodigy, is dressed in her blue kimono. While she’s not the sort of person to attend balls, rather the Fusonese girl who is type to spend most of the time at the dojo, sparring with her martial arts skill.

Her family came from the long-line of samurais who happened to be related to the famed Shimazus, it is expect to all members of her family to serve the Imperial family of Fuso. After all, being a descendent of samurais she’ll performed her duties as a retainer.

While she is a polite woman, Hana didn’t find the life of flashy upper-class lifestyle suited her. Her modest sensibilities didn’t allow it. Not to mention, Hana hold strong concerns for her liege’s welfare, remembering Aiko’s dark past. As a retainer, she’ll see fit to see her liege’s safety. Even though, she inwardly finds it amusing to see Yuiko and Aiko dance in the ballroom.

“At least Her Highness is having some fun.” Hana thought. For now, she’ll keep watch her liege and fellow retainer. Though, this doesn’t stop her from feeling boredom. Her disciplined posture masks it. “Calm down, Satsuma Hana, you are a samurai. It is your duty.”

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Thu Mar 22, 2018 10:46 pm

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
9th of May 2018
Eva von Wolfenstein

Chucking awkwardly at the 'complement', Eva could not tell if he was joking or mocking her. A lady with a hair-trigger temper, Eva had spent countless conversations learning to temper her sarcasm. The fact that her adopted, fox-born niece had used her own talent for words to taunt her had ironically helped. All in all, though, she could tell he meant no offence, and she really was that bad a dancer.

"I would have preferred if you were blunt about it," she answered with an ironic chuckle, "dance isn't one of my strong suits. But thanks, anyway."

Hearing his next query, Eva tried to come up with an answer on the spot. Having to multitask between dodging his toes and crafting a response was pretty taxing, not wanting to create a scene. But it was not a particularly hard question, if an uneasy one. Of all the nations present in the room, hers was quite easily one of the most authoritarian, and hence, least likely to improve relations with the representatives of democracy.

"We've seen better days," she responded, "but we will see them again. We don't want to rush peace negotiations with Amythyst until we get an fair agreement, but we will have one signed as soon as we can."

'Easier said than done, though', she thought as an afternote, resisting the urge to grimace. They had already spent twelve years negotiating, with few results. And by her own admittance, she was in no hurry to. Every year it takes to put in empty talk only strengthens their hand and hold on the so-called buffer zone in Halkenginia, and it was not likely the ravenous public would accept the old status quo. Unscrupulous, perhaps. Fiendish, definitely. But how many lives had they already put in to the Wolfen-Amythyst War and its aftermath? Magnanimity would not, and did not, protect them, nor would friendship.

"And what of your people," she asked, "what has been going on in the Free Lands. I admit, we have scarce information on the world outside our own too, the witches' world aside. Our cartographers have a lot of ground to cover, after all."

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
9th of May 2018
Carla Vasa

"You look tasty~"

Cupping her hands over Taoxiang's eyes, the playful Baltlander took a moment to indulge in some fun, a cheeky smile on her face. Looking up at Wonggu, she teased, "careful where you leave your bride, young man~. I might just eat her up~."

"Are you done, Your Highness," Maeja threatened in a chilling smile, leering her head right next to Carla's car, "I understand that you are a growing woman, with certain needs, but kindly refrain from indulging in actions that would drive tabloid sales off the outer atmosphere, thank you~."

Freezing at the words, Carla was quick to halt the joke, removing her hands from the Oriental girl's face as she hid them behind her. Putting on an awkward smile, she admitted, "sorry... couldn't resist. You must be Prince Wonggu and Princess-Consort Taoxiang. Your sister, Aigiarn told me all about you at the White Skies exercise. I'm Carla. Carla Gustava Augusta Vasa, Crown Princess of Baltland. Normally, I'd just tell you to call me Carla, but this is a formal party, and my nanny-I mean, chambermaid, Maeja, prefers some basic etiquette from us. Maybe when this is over."

"Indeed," Maeja stated in a huff, bowing politely to the twp in apology, "please forgive her, Your Highnesses. Princess Vasa has a habit of stepping out of line at the worst of times. She means no offence."

Pouting a bit at the maid's barely subtle sneering, Carla asked, "right... Anyway, where's Ai? I mean, where is Her Highness, Princess Ai? I hope she finds the ball to her liking~."
Last edited by Wolfenium on Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:56 am, edited 4 times in total.

The Selkie
Post Marshal

Postby The Selkie » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:29 am

Ayden, with Eva.
Seeing her amusement at his compliment, Ayden wanted to chalk up a point - a good conversation opener - but her reaction to his question about the state of affairs in Wolfenium nearly made him wince. He knew little about her country, but he knew, that Wolfenium was not exactly a democracy, but such petty little things did not worry the Selkie (one only had to look at the aftermath of the Crusade).
Still, her tone as she talked about their peace negotiations with Amythyst nearly made him offer Selkie-Mediation, but he decided in a split-second against it. They had nothing to do with that matter, knew neither of the participants well, it would only end in tears. For all involved.
No, they had no place in there.
"And what of your people," she then asked him in the middle of their dance, returning the favour, "what has been going on in the Free Lands. I admit, we have scarce information on the world outside our own too, the witches' world aside. Our cartographers have a lot of ground to cover, after all."
He took a moment to think, careful to not step onto her toes.
"Oh, Tournament Season is about to begin. The Marcach are already training heavily, Marla and Leonard rarely come to rest combined with their jobs for the Foreign Office. We're warming up with Lutetii, too, although it's a long and ardous process.", he told her, "Other then that... the farmers expect, that Rhiannon blessed us with a good year again, the farmers say, while the Merchant Guild says, that Carman Fea blessed us with a good year there, too." He let a beat pass. "On a more personal note, a friend of mine recently married."

- The Crusade.
    From 1280 to 1325, a Crusade ravaged the Lands of the Selkie, burned into collective memory as a reason why Selkie are a bit suspicious of overly pious Christians. The remarkable thing is, that the Selkie not only managed to throw the Crusaders out of their country, many of them with their heads not attached anymore, but that by 1350, Selkie-Mercenaries, still pagans, worked for the Crusaders elsewhere, being paid handsomely.
- Marcach.
    Marcach, freely translater horseman or rider, were the most definitive kind of warrior of Selkie in older times, well versed with all sorts of weapons, mostly however with their composite bows, and working as mercenaries, one of the best light cavalries of the Middle Ages. Nowadays, however, they are the equestrian sportspeople of the Selkie, celebreties in the Free Lands akin to soccer players. Three of the six Ambassadors of the Selkie are Marcach, Marla Cróimiam of the Tribe of Cork (who's present tonight), Leonard Lách of the Tribe of Galway and Ava Coileán of the Tribe of Westmeath (although she is more famous as a sword-dancer).
- Rhiannon and Carman Fea.
    Two important Goddesses of the Selkie-Pantheon are Rhiannon, the Goddess of Horses and Fertility, and Carman Fea, the Goddess of War and Science, although merchants pray to her as well as to Ladra (God of Helmsmen and Boatsmen, funnilly enough, diplomats pray to Carman Fea, too). Selkie are pious people, although their piety is shown in different ways then for example Christians show it.

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:48 am

Wolfenium wrote:-Carla Vasa-

Ballroom
Hotel Adlon, Berlin
9th of May 2018
Wonggu and Taoxiang

“AHH!” Taoxiang blurted out in shock.

“Huh!” Wonggu widened his eyes in response.

Predictably, the Minrozian couple were surprised by the Baltlander princess. Her chambermaid happens to be in nick of time to restrain Carla from further recklessness. When they introduced themselves, Wonggu began to remember five years ago that his big sister had told him about her experiences in the White Skies exercise and the meeting with the certain Baltlanders in Norway.

“Haha, it’s okay. No harm done. Nice to meet you, Carla~ Maeja~. Let’s be friends.” The pinkette smiled, being a nice girl who had quickly forgiven Carla. Her husband on the other hand is unsure. Though, the two have friends who’re quite colourful in proverbial sense. They’re used to strange antics and crazy shenanigans by oddballs throughout their century-long lifespan. Nothing is really surprising for them.

“I see.” Wonggu hummed, crossing his arms. “None taken, ladies.”

When Carla inquired about Ai, the couple looked at each other in their eyes with hints of uncertainty. The two are not sure how Ai’s Baltlander friends reacted that the Minrozian Crown Princess has become the semi-autocratic ruler of the Middle Kingdom by the other name, on behalf of her youngest brother who happened to be the Emperor in name.

“Erm, I’m sorry, Ai is not here.” Taoxiang answered, shaking her head. “She has reasons not to attend.”

Wonggu’s turn to explained, “My big sister is very busy at work back home. She’s the regent for my little brother who is crowned as emperor in 2014. So, unfortunately she cannot attend. Although…if she did attend this ball. Well…knowing her, she’ll probably make a wild party already.” He sighed, imagining his big sister turning the ball into the disco party. “If it wasn’t for the rules here, don’t expect her to be a noble mistress. She got ‘Wildcat’ as her call-sign for a reason.”

“Come on, Wonggu. Ai will be daft to do that.” Taoxiang pouted a bit in a cheeky way. “She may be fun-loving, while admittedly she is, but she’s quite considerate and very reliable woman. You’re her brother.”

“Taoxiang, you know Ai is going to be laid-back, even in the formal ball like this occasion. Let alone leave the whole buffet empty.”

“Haha…” The pinkette scratched her cheek sheepishly. The Minrozian Crown Princess is known for her huge appetite.

Captain An Zhijian, who is in charge of protecting Wonggu and Taoxiang, nearly drawn out her magic sword from its compact form by reflex. She relented when she found out Carla is just teasing the Princess-Consort thus she stayed her hand in relief. Other than that, she didn’t wish to cause the ruckus in the ball.

“Gods, I must be overreacting.” Zhijian sighed, lamenting her over-protectiveness.

Japan and Pacific States
Diplomat

Postby Japan and Pacific States » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:17 am

Hotel Adlon, 22:15 to 22:30

Yuuhi hadn't paid much mind to the other guests, more than anything she did want to talk but she also didn't want to risk having to dance and look completely out of her depth there... Which she was. Sipping her tea she finally did take note of Marla, getting up she joined Marla and Cironna with her cup of tea, before taking a look around. "Hello? I assume you wish to speak to me? I'm Shogun Koubuin Yuuhi of the Empire of Japanese Pacific States... I think I've seen someone like you before.. I'm not entirely sure.." Yuuhi thought to herself while she looked Marla over before simply shrugging it off. "So, how is the Ball so far for you, it's a long way away from Kyoto, my guards must be driving themselves insane in their room, worrying about me. ...Anyway who would you be? If you do not mind my asking of course." Yuuhi would be quick to the point.. As usual.

And she was right. Her guards were going stircrazy from not knowing who could be hanging around the Shogun... Clearly evidenced by their watching from the otherside of some partially closed doors to the entrance of the ballroom. While Maya and Mana weren't present, three other girls with... Very odd looking hair, wearing uniforms similar to Yuuhi's but were a creamy white colour with bronze trim instead of the crimson red awaited outside looking into the room while holding onto the door, the clothes signified they were Tozamas of the Imperial Japanese Royal Guard. "Neh.... Some foreigner's too close to the Shogun..." Kamiyo Tatsumi, the not proclaimed but very obvious leader of the group known to Mana as the three idiots, said watching while the Shogun conversed with a foreigner... Thankfully missing her dance of which wasn't really any sort of dance... Just more like her trying to keep everything together and keep up with Satoko. "That's not good.. Should we do something?" Ebisu Minagi said looking up to Kamiyo of whom nodded her head. "No, no. This is the best we can do. If we go in there... We might lose our heads." Kamiyo said while she kept a close eye on Yuuhi. "Eh? ...Lose our heads. That's not good. ...Should we even be here?" Tomoe Yukino, the third and last of the "three idiots" said looking up past Ebisu, towards Kamiyo. "Neh, neh. Don't worry about it. I'm sure if we keep here, everything will be fine."

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Mar 23, 2018 4:16 pm

Erythrean Thebes wrote:At his side, he felt the disturbance of his compatriot rising clumsily out of his embanked seat. "I should go down to the ballroom," he whispered beneath the orderly shouts of military ardor, "should see if my man is waiting down there..." He had some expectation to meet with a young Karlslandic Prince Armin, who was supposedly to want his company about this hour to look into building an aerospace factory in Thebes.

"I'll join you," said Mastor agreeably. "Wouldn't want you to get your clothes stolen trying to talk business with the lad..."

Hylas laughed a hollow laugh. "As you wish sir..." Soon as the older man had collected his coat and belongings the ambassador led them on to the ballroom.

Armin, Prince of Lippe, was indeed present at the ball, in the darkest non-black tuxedo many had seen that day - he never did like black, but he'd walk close enough to it to fool the average noble when pressed. And this was a pressing day. Many of the aircraft that were in the air today flew with components from his principality's factories, some of which he had personally designed or been involved in the design of. A bit of a mechanical genius, he put great effort into continuing the Ruhr area's status of the chief industrial sector of the Empire. Along with balancing that with diversification of the economy - industry was great, but could not sustain a region on its own, let alone an empire.

He adjusted his glasses as he took a sip of the Gallian champagne said nation's President had been kind enough to provide. A bit off this batch was, but he wasn't complaining. Champagne was champagne, and it was rude to turn down a gift from someone so high up in power. Not to mention foolish.

Out of the corner of his eye, he spotted the Theban ambassador alongside whom he assumed was Mr. Epiphelteus, who was in charge of the Theban military's procurement of foreign weapons. A rather odd system he thought - Karlsland simply had the Minister of War, Minna Dietlinde-Wilcke, handle the purchase of foreign weaponry. The woman was the original commanding officer of the legendary 501st, and that was more than enough political and martial pull to handle anyone in the military or weapons industry.

"Ah! Ambassador Iklopodetes, Sir Epiphelteus, glad you could join us this evening. Tell me, how have you found Berlin so far?"
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Imeriata
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 02, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Imeriata » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:05 pm

"Acursed be the void spawn and may their souls freeze in darkness!" Sha'lar muttered as the delegation from the absolute royal federation approached the Hotel where the bal were to be held. Greta auf Stjärnkhrone eyed the slender looking creature for a moment before nodding in agreement, as far as most loyal subjects of the federation was concerned was anything not born of midgard regarded with suspicion and distrust since their own run in with hostile xenos. She nodded in agreement to the man, He was a Neko as they would be called in most nations even if they were known as Molu in the federation, literally translated as catman so not the most imaginative name ever. The man's skin was brown, and had a greyish hint to it. His hair was combed back into a rather impressive mane that was of a grey colour too but had patches of darker black hair in it. His eyes were large and green with those odd slits that reminded Greta that the man was not human, as if the huge feline ears reaching up from his head, the sharp teeth one could see when he opened his mouth, or the fearsome looking claws that his fingers ended in was not an obvious proof of this. He wore a large white turban on his head that rose up from just behind his ears, beads of pearls of all colours were wrapped around it and a silver pin in the shape of a naked youthful man in his middle to late teens stood proud holding a severed head in one hand and a bow in another held the turban tied togeather. His green tunic was of a more Scanderan cut and reached down to just above his knees and were embroidered with golden roses and were buttoned up with golden buttons shaped like small suns, each with a stern looking face on them. Over this did he wear a simple white Kaftan open down the middle and with embroidered flowers all over it but also wore austrian knots that were reserved for a squire lietuenant. His trousers were rather baggy and also white and were tucked into a pair of red pointy slippers. A belt, that Greta assumed was just army issue due to it's simplistic design and lack of ornamentation was firmly clenched around his waist from which a dagger and a sword hung, both being certainly army issue but due to being the kind handed to officers were they ornate with the scabbards of both coming from the leather of a crockbeast while the handle was clearly carved out of the ivory horns of a four legged terror bird form Vinland, the guards themselves were both made from gold, or more precisely gold covered steel to provide protection for the hands.

"Yes, but at least they were driven off! An honourable deed to say the least from our gracious host!" Greta chimed in finally, she was quite the opposite of the slender Neko, she was rather heavily built as most Scanderans were with broad shoulders and standing tall and proud but she also were slightly chubby, a sad result of a rather easy life under the protection and hospitality of first her uncle and then her cousin, both high kings of the absolute royal federation. Her hair was long and blond and were left mostly hanging freely behind her but had a few braids forming a zigzag pattern over her back with golden rings, pearls, and medallions carved out of wood and ivory braided into them. She wore two dresses, one was a sort of white with a hint of grey too it, long and simple covering her arms and neck and reached way down to her feet and clung tightly to her body, sewn masterly to enhance some features of her while leaving others that did not benefit from her bodyshape hidden in folds and loose hanging fabric. The other dress started just at the shoulders and went halfway down between her feet and her knees, it was also white but of a more purer shade and embroidered in the proud golden eagle that was the heraldric symbol of her house and the federation that served it.

"Indeed, a worthy cause of celebration if I have ever herd one!" Björn auf Vagelsang put in, the third man of the group and the most obvious military man of the trio even if both men were part of the military. Björn however had decided to forego a civilian outfit and just wore his military uniform. However as a strange deviation from the Imerian veneration of customs and rituals so did they not have a specific uniform for parades or balls so he wore his normal field uniform he would wear on patrol and combat with the exception of a white cloak with his personal heraldry sewn onto it, a predatory terror bird in silver on a red background. His uniform like most officers were a pair of very tight white trousers with a pair of Austrian knots on their side. The trousers were in fact so tight that they left very little to the imagination, however the rather attractive lack of any noticeable extrusions meant that he most likely had some wraps under it. A dark blue jacket was firmly pushed into the trousers with a white and golden chest where golden buttons with the eagle of the federation on them held it firmly in place. The arms of the jacket were just as the Neko's those of a squire lieutenant and went up to his elbows or so. Where the trousers and jacket met could one see a red sash wrapped around and held in place with a similar belt as Sha'lar the neko wore with just as him a sword hanging from it designed similarly, even if the scabbard here came from terror bird leather with large square shaped scales on the top and odd looking bulges where once feathers had been. On top of the man's head could one see a tricorne, black and ornamented with golden rims and fur looking colourful feathers taken from a terror bird. The terror bird preference on his uniform clearly told of his origin from Sydvinland as much as his somewhat light brown skin and dark but straight hair did that was tied up in a long ponytail. His eyes however still held onto their blue Scanderan origin as he like most Sydvinlanders were a mongrel breed with origins in the home continent as well as native blood. His nose however were crocked in an aquilla which was a clear deviance from the straight ones that Greta and most Scanderans had. However his height at just over 2 meters as well as his bearlike shoulders was another trait he had inherited from the home continent.

"Yes! we must make a point of congratulate the queen herself for the victory of her people!" Greta said with a quick nod, falling back to the Imerian custom of using the title queen and empress interchangeable. This was due to there not really being a good translation for emperor or empress into Scanderan languages so they just used their own closest equivalent in what they considered a more respectful manner than using foreign barbaric titles. With that unspoken cultural snobbery that was way to common in the federation with it's view of itself as the most civilised and enlightened monarchy in the whole of creation did the group enter the ballroom. Fashionable late and entirely unrelated that Greta had misjudged the time it would take to arrive to the ball and read a few pages too many of the romantic adventures in "Soldier lad, in royal blue" .
embassy program| IIWiki |The foreign units of the royal guard |The royal merchant guilds official storefront! (Now with toys)

So what? Let me indulge my oversized ego for a moment!
Astralsideria wrote:You, sir, are the greatest who ever did set foot upon this earth. If there were an appropriate emoticon, I would take my hat off to you.

Altamirus wrote:^War! War! I want to see 18th century soldiers go up againist flaming cats! Do it Imeriata! Do it Now!

Ramsetia wrote:
Imeriata wrote:you would think that you could afford better looking hussar uniforms for all that money...

Of course, Imeriata focuses on the important things in life.

Willing to help with all your MS paint related troubles.
Things I dislikes: Everything.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates