NATION

PASSWORD

Welcome to Calmora [OPEN/OOC/Warhammer 40K/Imperial Guard}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:46 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Andsed wrote:Name:Gonzalo Maurer
Personality: Most of the time laid back and friendly, Serious when on missions.
History: Was born on Terra where he lived all his life until he was 20 when he joined the military, He passed his class with good grades and eventually got the rank of captain.
Regiment: 298th Cadian Infantry
Weapon: Lasguns
Experience: 4 years of active duty, fought against 1 orc incursion
Discipline History:None

Just letting you know, the Cadians are called Cadians because they're from the planet Cadia.
Here's a brief rundown of how life works on Cadia:
You're born, you're put in the army, you're trained like absolute hell because absolute hell is what you're training to fight and look at every day with your violet-tinged eyes because the planet you stand on is the gate blocking the absolute hell you can see in the sky and you and your fellow Cadians are the bolts holding it shut. You become better at being a soldier by the age of 8 than most Planetary Defence Force soldiers could ever get. When you go into battle you know you may well die, as despite your training your enemies are so vastly more powerful than you that simply the fact you aren't running in terror is proof of adamantium balls, and when that enemy swarms towards you in numbers that darken the land and sky, and all hope seems utterly lost, you know there is only one thing you can do.
So you stand, and you fight.

Oh hold on let me edit it. Thanks for the info I am not very knowledgeable about warhammer.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Founded: Jul 01, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:49 pm

Andsed wrote:Oh hold on let me edit it. Thanks for the info I am not very knowledgeable about warhammer.

Well, good news. The three of us know our way around the lore and whatnot. You got a question, just ask.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Eric Lumen: Ultimate Chad
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Ameri does the impossible.
Fire the Ameri.
Sinovet wrote:Ameri's like Honey badger. He don't give a fuck.

Krazakistan wrote: He is a force of negativity for the sake of negativity

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:51 pm

History: Was born on Cadia where like most Cadians was put into the military. He passed with good grades and became a Coporal.

Ok edited it any mistakes?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 05, 2007
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:53 pm

Looks good!

Here are some examples of what the Cadian Shock Troops look like:

The Aquatic Librarian Knights of Tethys 13
Population: >31 Billion
Leaders: The Grand Council
We use NationStates statistics, with some artistic license.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:54 pm

Andsed wrote:
History: Was born on Cadia where like most Cadians was put into the military. He passed with good grades and became a Coporal.

Ok edited it any mistakes?

It's not really a school with grades, he would rank up with expereince

Say in that Orc Incursion
Lover of doggos

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 12:56 pm

Revlona wrote:It's not really a school with grades, he would rank up with expereince

Say in that Orc Incursion

Yeah, the schools are more for the commander and commissar types. You're a guardsman. AKA, cannon fodder. You either signed up or got conscripted. Your training is them sticking a gun in your hand, and telling you to point it at something.
Last edited by Ameriganastan on Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant
Edward Richtofen wrote:Ameri's so tough that he criticized an Insane Asylum and was promptly let out

Fire the Ameri.

Onocarcass wrote:Trying to change Ameri, is like trying to drag a 2 ton block of lead with your d**k.

Immoren wrote:When Ameri says something is shit it's good and when Ameri says some thing is good it's great. *nods*

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:56 pm

So if I read the lore correctly most Cadians are put in the military when their born or early in life, correct?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm

Andsed wrote:So if I read the lore correctly most Cadians are put in the military when their born or early in life, correct?

Yes
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:57 pm

If yall have friends or people you know that like 40K on the site, give them a heads up about this RP
Lover of doggos

Ameriganastan
Khan of Spam

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Ameriganastan » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:19 pm

Andsed wrote:So if I read the lore correctly most Cadians are put in the military when their born or early in life, correct?

Yup. There's this colossal asshat named Abaddon. And he has a big ol' hard-on for taking Cadia. He's launched 12 (In the RP's current time setting) big ass crusades to conquer it. Conversely, the constant assault from Failbaddon has made them some hard-ass sons a bitches.
The Incompetent Critic
DENVER BRONCOS fan
Force of nature.
The Ameri Train.
The Ameri song
Tsundere Ameri.
HulkAmeri
Ameri goes to court.
Universal Constant

Fire the Ameri.

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:25 pm

Ameriganastan wrote:

Yup. There's this colossal asshat named Abaddon. And he has a big ol' hard-on for taking Cadia. He's launched 12 (In the RP's current time setting) big ass crusades to conquer it. Conversely, the constant assault from Failbaddon has made them some hard-ass sons a bitches.

Well, not all of them were directed at Cadia, there was one against the Iron Hands at Medusa, one in the Gothic Sector, and one that got completely and utterly lost and ended up accidentally faceplanting into a bunch of Orks who proceeded to have the time of their (sadly about to be ended) lives. But basically yeah, Cadians are badasses.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:29 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yup. There's this colossal asshat named Abaddon. And he has a big ol' hard-on for taking Cadia. He's launched 12 (In the RP's current time setting) big ass crusades to conquer it. Conversely, the constant assault from Failbaddon has made them some hard-ass sons a bitches.

Well, not all of them were directed at Cadia, there was one against the Iron Hands at Medusa, one in the Gothic Sector, and one that got completely and utterly lost and ended up accidentally faceplanting into a bunch of Orks who proceeded to have the time of their (sadly about to be ended) lives. But basically yeah, Cadians are badasses.

Aye they are, shit, I will have to change my guys background to Cadian as the Cadians only take Cadian Commissars
Lover of doggos

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:30 pm

By the way if anyone has lore questions, I've got a lot of years in the hobby, over 150 Black Library novels, most of the Codices, and an autistic splinter talent for memorising trivia, so hit me up :geek:

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:32 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:By the way if anyone has lore questions, I've got a lot of years in the hobby, over 150 Black Library novels, most of the Codices, and an autistic splinter talent for memorising trivia, so hit me up :geek:

I'm in love with the Guard, what books would you recommend? I'm reading Baneblade atm
Lover of doggos

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:39 pm

Revlona wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:By the way if anyone has lore questions, I've got a lot of years in the hobby, over 150 Black Library novels, most of the Codices, and an autistic splinter talent for memorising trivia, so hit me up :geek:

I'm in love with the Guard, what books would you recommend? I'm reading Baneblade atm

The Imperial Guard Omnibus would be a great cover-all one, as it contains:
15 Hours (a phenomenal book on the Guard recruitment process from the perspective of a new recruit and how hellish war can really be)
Death World (a great book on Catachan veterans in environments that have evolved to kill everything)
Rebel Winter (my favourite of the three as it covers my beloved Vostroyans, and is more from an officer level perspective)

There's also:
the Ciaphas Cain series - funniest series in 40k, following a character who seems like the 40k equivalent of Blackadder or Flashman
The Gaunt's Ghosts series - deserves its place as the most popular single-author series in 40k, as Abnett truly is a master writer
The Macharius series - covers possibly the greatest hero the Guard has ever produced
Gunheads - awesome book following a Tank crew (if you like Baneblade)
Redemption Corps - following the elite of the elite among Guard soldiers

Those are the ones I'd give special mention to, at least. I'm looking forward to reading Cadia Stands at some point.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:45 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Revlona wrote:

The Imperial Guard Omnibus would be a great cover-all one, as it contains:
15 Hours (a phenomenal book on the Guard recruitment process from the perspective of a new recruit and how hellish war can really be)
Death World (a great book on Catachan veterans in environments that have evolved to kill everything)
Rebel Winter (my favourite of the three as it covers my beloved Vostroyans, and is more from an officer level perspective)

There's also:
the Ciaphas Cain series - funniest series in 40k, following a character who seems like the 40k equivalent of Blackadder or Flashman
The Gaunt's Ghosts series - deserves its place as the most popular single-author series in 40k, as Abnett truly is a master writer
The Macharius series - covers possibly the greatest hero the Guard has ever produced
Gunheads - awesome book following a Tank crew (if you like Baneblade)
Redemption Corps - following the elite of the elite among Guard soldiers

Those are the ones I'd give special mention to, at least. I'm looking forward to reading Cadia Stands at some point.

15 hours was my first read
Gonna be reading Rebel winter soonish
Of all the others I have only read the Cain series
Lover of doggos

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:49 pm

Tethys 13 wrote:
Ameriganastan wrote:Yup. There's this colossal asshat named Abaddon. And he has a big ol' hard-on for taking Cadia. He's launched 12 (In the RP's current time setting) big ass crusades to conquer it. Conversely, the constant assault from Failbaddon has made them some hard-ass sons a bitches.

Ameriganastan wrote:

Ok that makes sense so for military experience I am guessing we are only counting active duty experience correct? I am also guessing that Cadia has reserve personal right?
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:52 pm

Andsed wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:

Ok that makes sense so for military experience I am guessing we are only counting active duty experience correct? I am also guessing that Cadia has reserve personal right?

You can put your guys experience in the Cadian Cadets down along with the active duty

They Don't have reserves, as there world is constantly under attack
Lover of doggos

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Mar 13, 2018 5:37 pm

Name:Gonzalo Maurer
History: Was born on Cadia where like most Cadians was put into the military. He served in the military and became a Coporal.
Experience: 11 years in the Cadian Cadets 13 years of active duty, fought against 2 orc incursions
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 6:35 pm

^ I'd say that works - Cadians would be used to suddenly going into combat so the switch from jovial to serious works, and while Chaos are the more obvious foe Orks have been known to go for Cadia and the surrounding systems because the Cadian Gate is such a good place for a scrap. Not sure what age a Cadian officially goes onto active duty, but in the case of an attack I'm sure they'd accelerate it, so going into active duty at 11 isn't unrealistic. Revlona?

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:37 am

History: Was born on Cadia where like most Cadians was put into the military. He served in the military and became a Coporal.
Experience: 11 years in the Cadian Cadets 13 years of active duty, fought against 2 orc incursions

Accepted
Lover of doggos

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:21 am

Andsed, I gave you a random Company, Platton, and squad.

As a corporal you would probably be Either first or second in command of that squad
Lover of doggos

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:35 am

Revlona wrote:Andsed, I gave you a random Company, Platton, and squad.

As a corporal you would probably be Either first or second in command of that squad

Corporals are generally ASL's (Assistant Squad Leaders) so 2nd in command of a squad, but if the squad splits into 5-man 'Combat Squads' as is more common amongst regiments used to urban warfare, then the ASL will lead one of those Combat Squads while the Sergeant will lead the other.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:37 am

Tethys 13 wrote:
Revlona wrote:Andsed, I gave you a random Company, Platton, and squad.

Corporals are generally ASL's (Assistant Squad Leaders) so 2nd in command of a squad, but if the squad splits into 5-man 'Combat Squads' as is more common amongst regiments used to urban warfare, then the ASL will lead one of those Combat Squads while the Sergeant will lead the other.

Yeah, though they only lead if the Main squad splits up
Lover of doggos

Tethys 13
Ambassador

Postby Tethys 13 » Wed Mar 14, 2018 4:39 am

Revlona wrote:
Tethys 13 wrote:

Yeah, though they only lead if the Main squad splits up

That's what I said.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse