NATION

PASSWORD

List of recurring characters in issues

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
Techolandia
Envoy

Founded: Feb 05, 2018
Ex-Nation

List of recurring characters in issues

Postby Techolandia » Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:00 pm

So I'm making a list about this. If I get lucky, maybe Candlewhisper Archive will link to it here. Anyway, I assume that the same quote that Jutsa used here also applies to characters, not just nations. Also, if I missed anything, please let me know.

Your brother: This relative, who sometimes holds a high position in the government, always seems to be suggesting that you become more authoritarian at the expense of your citizens' political freedom, often suggesting that you get rid of elections.

Your sister: Your sister seems to be the complement to your brother. She is always asking you to make your country more democratic. often appears in the same issues as your brother, and sometimes holds a high government position. However, she occasionally pushes moralistic civil rights.

Other relatives: Issues where other members of your family, like your uncle, grandmother, niece, nephew, and cousin, appear or are referenced appear here.
[*]your arch-conservative cousin in #299: Some Like it Hot; Others Don’t[/list]

Catherine Gratwick: Whenever you need a woman to play a random and sometimes dubious role an issue, there's a good chance that you'll use Catherine Gratwick if you've heard of her. From being a child model to painting trains, Catherine Gratwick is the catch-all character for pretty much every crazy, random role that you can get the issue editors to approve. However, possibly because these kinds of roles are more likely to be crazy and dubious, Catherine Gratwick sometimes appears as a hyperfeminist caring teenage mother and model who has anger management issues.

A hot-dog vendor: Not always named a hot-dog vendor, this recurring character is always suggesting that you turn things that should be kept from the public for its own safety, like doomsday levers and zombie infections, into tourist attractions.

The CEO of a company: Appearing for many a different company in each issue where @@HE@@'s included, this character is suggesting something that will benefit @@HIS@@ company, increasing @@HIS@@ profits as a result. This sometimes even occurs in communist countries, where the .

Also, CEOs aren't the only ones who advocate for options benefiting their companies.

This isn't done yet, and I might not complete it, so feel free to pick up where I've left off if you're interested.
Last edited by Techolandia on Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:06 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Good luck with these lists! They're a fair responsibility. ;)

Edit: Once you get to later issues, there will be several recurring characters. James Bont is the one that springs to mind, along with your Uncle.
(btw you may have more than one brother/sister/uncle but idk)
Last edited by Jutsa on Thu Mar 08, 2018 9:44 pm, edited 3 times in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Fri Mar 09, 2018 4:08 am

Techolandia wrote:So I'm making a list about this. If I get lucky, maybe Candlewhisper Archive will link to it here.

I'll do it, but in return you need to rename this thread...

List of Recurring Characters in Issues
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Techolandia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Techolandia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:47 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:
Techolandia wrote:So I'm making a list about this. If I get lucky, maybe Candlewhisper Archive will link to it here.

I'll do it, but in return you need to rename this thread...

List of Recurring Characters in Issues
I'll fix that with my next addition to the list.

EDIT: I did it.
Last edited by Techolandia on Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:36 pm

There's Edward Rump in several issues
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:36 pm

Aww, he would've been a good candidate for best character/best parody. :roll:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Techolandia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Techolandia » Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:57 pm

Fauxia wrote:There's Edward Rump in several issues
Which ones?

Also, I'm trying to add everything to the list in order so I don't have to worry about duplicates or missing anything.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:51 am

Techolandia wrote:
Fauxia wrote:There's Edward Rump in several issues
Which ones?

Also, I'm trying to add everything to the list in order so I don't have to worry about duplicates or missing anything.
I know there’s both 532 and 777, probably more though
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Techolandia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Techolandia » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:27 pm

Fauxia wrote:
Techolandia wrote:Which ones?

I know there’s both 532 and 777, probably more though
Again, I'm trying to do this in order. So far, I've gotten through #200.

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Mon Mar 12, 2018 5:00 am

There's a load of Elon Musk parodies, each with a differently spelt name. In fact, its now something of a running joke to use different Elon Musks in issues.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Ah, like that one issue about cars with five Elon Musks, each progressively getting less and less like the real one?

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:16 pm

Candlewhisper Archive wrote:There's a load of Elon Musk parodies, each with a differently spelt name. In fact, its now something of a running joke to use different Elon Musks in issues.

Oolong Musk is the parody I remember the most.
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:05 am

Valeria Drake, leader of Blackacre is another one.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 pm

I think Otto Kratt, leader of Marche Noir, might be recurring, though I'm not sure.

Dustin Wiseau is the prime minister* of Brancaland in #915, but that's only one issue, so idk if that counts. :?
Last edited by Jutsa on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Techolandia
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Techolandia » Sat Apr 07, 2018 1:43 pm

Jutsa wrote:I think Otto Kratt, leader of Marche Noir, might be recurring, though I'm not sure.

Dustin Wiseau is the prime minister* of Brancaland in #915, but that's only one issue, so idk if that counts. :?
Again, I'm trying to go in order. Also, maybe someone else should take over this, as I'm probably not going to be too active (which is probably a euphemism) on NationStates for at least a while.

Of Zigarozia
Secretary

Founded: Dec 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Bigtopia

Postby Of Zigarozia » Sat Jul 04, 2020 8:31 pm

you forgot the 'Butcher of Bigtopia'

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?