NATION

PASSWORD

Traveller's Cafe 3: Brainstorming, discussion, tea, advice

A resting-place for threads that might have otherwise been lost.

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Union Princes
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1942
Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Mar 06, 2018 7:49 pm

Has anyone formed a Overwatch Reboot RP yet?
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

User avatar
Olthenia
Senator
 
Posts: 3524
Founded: Oct 03, 2009
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Olthenia » Tue Mar 06, 2018 8:17 pm

Hatterleigh wrote:
Olthenia wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST

That seems very interesting, and i'd love to join in.


Really? Glad to hear it.

Lavan Tiri wrote:You can absolutely build an RP off of "explore/kill". It's the most basic rule of P2tM: offer murder and they will come.


Offer murder and they will come.

. . .

Good to know.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:49 am

Olthenia wrote:
Hatterleigh wrote:That seems very interesting, and i'd love to join in.


Really? Glad to hear it.

Lavan Tiri wrote:You can absolutely build an RP off of "explore/kill". It's the most basic rule of P2tM: offer murder and they will come.


Offer murder and they will come.

. . .

Good to know.

That's a good piece of advice.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Firaxin
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1324
Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Firaxin » Wed Mar 07, 2018 8:32 am

RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: A war RP based on Walking War Robots
Genre/s: Action, War
Character or Faction Based:Both
Detailed Description: The year is 21XX. Humanity has colonized and populated its home system. Nations began competing for land, fascism saw a return, and Militarism was at an all time high. The New German Order left the UN and declared war on the Russian Empire. The fragile peace the United Nations had kept for centuries had finally been broken. The danger and intensity of the war meant no one could remain out of the war.

The Transatlantic Military Corporation began getting heavily involved, raiding installations from both sides for resources and selling equipment to either. At the same time several colonies began vying for independence and formed the Freedom Fighters Alliance. Rapidly the PRC got involved and began raiding the Russian mainland. At this point Thermonuclear Weapons could no longer be ignored. After a few days many cities no longer existed. The war did not end unfortunately, it had only escalated. Japan, the USA, and the UK joined the war. Soon after, the first battle between Space Warships was realized. Mechs the size of several stories were created. Many, many, many would die and yet the war would not end.

Now YOU must change the fate of humanity, by taking control of an Ace Mech Pilot, a Legendary Admiral, or anything in between. End this terrible war and revive hope for all.

Need Help With: I would need help with Creating an OP, moderating the thread and locations or Areas it would take place in.

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 1:55 pm

Firaxin wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: A war RP based on Walking War Robots
Genre/s: Action, War
Character or Faction Based:Both
Detailed Description: The year is 21XX. Humanity has colonized and populated its home system. Nations began competing for land, fascism saw a return, and Militarism was at an all time high. The New German Order left the UN and declared war on the Russian Empire. The fragile peace the United Nations had kept for centuries had finally been broken. The danger and intensity of the war meant no one could remain out of the war.

The Transatlantic Military Corporation began getting heavily involved, raiding installations from both sides for resources and selling equipment to either. At the same time several colonies began vying for independence and formed the Freedom Fighters Alliance. Rapidly the PRC got involved and began raiding the Russian mainland. At this point Thermonuclear Weapons could no longer be ignored. After a few days many cities no longer existed. The war did not end unfortunately, it had only escalated. Japan, the USA, and the UK joined the war. Soon after, the first battle between Space Warships was realized. Mechs the size of several stories were created. Many, many, many would die and yet the war would not end.

Now YOU must change the fate of humanity, by taking control of an Ace Mech Pilot, a Legendary Admiral, or anything in between. End this terrible war and revive hope for all.

Need Help With: I would need help with Creating an OP, moderating the thread and locations or Areas it would take place in.

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp

That sounds interesting. It looks pretty good.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Jackania yugo
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1239
Founded: May 22, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Jackania yugo » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:02 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Firaxin wrote:RP INTEREST AND FEEDBACK REQUEST
Please provide as much detail as possible.
RP's Overarching Concept: A war RP based on Walking War Robots
Genre/s: Action, War
Character or Faction Based:Both
Detailed Description: The year is 21XX. Humanity has colonized and populated its home system. Nations began competing for land, fascism saw a return, and Militarism was at an all time high. The New German Order left the UN and declared war on the Russian Empire. The fragile peace the United Nations had kept for centuries had finally been broken. The danger and intensity of the war meant no one could remain out of the war.

The Transatlantic Military Corporation began getting heavily involved, raiding installations from both sides for resources and selling equipment to either. At the same time several colonies began vying for independence and formed the Freedom Fighters Alliance. Rapidly the PRC got involved and began raiding the Russian mainland. At this point Thermonuclear Weapons could no longer be ignored. After a few days many cities no longer existed. The war did not end unfortunately, it had only escalated. Japan, the USA, and the UK joined the war. Soon after, the first battle between Space Warships was realized. Mechs the size of several stories were created. Many, many, many would die and yet the war would not end.

Now YOU must change the fate of humanity, by taking control of an Ace Mech Pilot, a Legendary Admiral, or anything in between. End this terrible war and revive hope for all.

Need Help With: I would need help with Creating an OP, moderating the thread and locations or Areas it would take place in.

Please leave this hashtag in place: #Mentorhelp

That sounds interesting. It looks pretty good.


Agreed. We should probably make a new thread.
This nation a funsion between capitalism and social democracy (the only type of socialism made to actually be incorporated into capitalist governments rather than trying to destroy it).

This nation is PMT/FT. Sometimes modern tech.

We sometimes use pokemorphs and digimon in our armed forces. Sometimes

We are technically centrist.

This nation is a reunited Yugoslavia (and also sometimes controls the UK as well).

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:48 pm

Jackania yugo wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:That sounds interesting. It looks pretty good.


Agreed. We should probably make a new thread.

Soon, but not quite yet.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Alaroma
Senator
 
Posts: 3530
Founded: Aug 03, 2016
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alaroma » Fri Mar 09, 2018 9:00 am

Atrilan wrote:
RP Advertisement Form




Basic Information
RP Name: 2024: Age of Superpowers
RP Creator/OP: Atrilan
CoOP/s: Nancivania, Greater Redosia, and Pacificora
Genre/s: Modern Times, Politics, Warfare
Type: Nation
Player Level: Intermediate/Advanced
Number of Players Desired: No limit
Posting Frequency: Slow, one high-quality post within a three-week period from each player
Any Restrictions?: Players which wish to interact with larger organizations, like the European Union, would serve themselves greatly by coming on the Discord, but this isn't mandatory

Details: Y or N
Is the setting already defined: Y
Is there a character/faction/nation application in place: Y
Are the rules posted: Y
Is this RP currently running: Y

Description
Never has hunger been lower, never have standards of living been higher. Despite this, the world is marked by fear in rapid social, political, and technological change. The backlash of globalization is felt as parts of the Middle East and Africa collapse into states of hybrid warfare, as nations challenge eachother's access to vital resources, and as the political unity of the world comes to a grinding halt. The gravity of power in the world is evidently shifting towards East Asia, as India and China are projected to be the new superpowers of the 21st century, but these powers have yet to find a way to replace the Western order. The nations of the west fervently battle this shift of change in an effort to hold onto power for a while longer. The power struggle ignited by crisis and spread by political goals is felt globally. The world is not the same as it once was, and it will never return to it's current state. The tipping point begins in 2024.

Additional Info Assad won the Syrian Civil War, European Union was forced to restrict migration from the Middle East after a large terrorist attack in Stockholm, the United States abandoned the European nations against Russia when war was nearing, Sino-Indian relations have broken down, Sino-Russo relations have become cold due to contradicting political aims, etc.

Link to the OOC: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=435285

If anyone is willing, I need some allies in this RP: Belarus, Syria, or a Pro-Russia Finland would be nice. However, this is also to spread the 2024 brand.
"Yeah, you're right. You got lucky this time. If there were Dutch people there, you would be facing so many rebels!"
-Nuverkikstan

User avatar
Galnius
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17290
Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Galnius » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:19 am

Shadowwell wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Y tho

...
the 500 page limit?

Whose going to make #4 though?
I've read your Sig! I've read your soul

Before you complain, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Really makes your problems seem small don't it.

User avatar
Galnius
Post Marshal
 
Posts: 17290
Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Galnius » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:20 am

Lavan Tiri wrote:
Arengin Union wrote:Y tho


Page limit. I just noticed we're near 500.

I've been marinating my idea about "gods-as-highschoolers" concept, and I'm still torn between reborn-gods and brand-new gods. Should I make the players pick a deity to reinterpret, or allow then to make their own, because I've two plotlines in mind that depend on this choice.

Pick a diety. There's enough to choose from :/
Last edited by Galnius on Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
I've read your Sig! I've read your soul

Before you complain, remember, Kangaroos can't hop backwards. Really makes your problems seem small don't it.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 09, 2018 10:21 am

Galnius wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:...
the 500 page limit?

Whose going to make #4 though?

Probably a mod or somebody.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 20578
Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Rupudska » Fri Mar 09, 2018 3:25 pm

Here before glock, I have a few ideas available for others to make, if anyone's interested.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState
Best thread ever.|Ace Combat!
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:50 pm

Rupudska wrote:Here before glock, I have a few ideas available for others to make, if anyone's interested.

Such as?
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26646
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:52 pm

I waited 12 days for someone to get an app up for a promising RP, and after such a long wait and no return TGs I knew they where not applying. But by then I was certain the other players had lost interest (no activity on the OOC for 12 days and no IC as I was waiting on that one player who didn't have the decency to tell me they where not apply).

Well, I'd like to make up for that this coming week. I'd like to get an RP in that series up. Something focused rather then broad. Something that needs only one player. I can surely keep such going.

Speaking of people not applying, I'm going to post a message on another OOC of mine to see if it gets a response as I am, again waiting, and apparently have more patience then others.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Rupudska wrote:Here before glock, I have a few ideas available for others to make, if anyone's interested.

Such as?

Indeed. You've got to give us some idea of what we'd be adopting.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 09, 2018 7:54 pm

Harbertia wrote:I waited 12 days for someone to get an app up for a promising RP, and after such a long wait and no return TGs I knew they where not applying. But by then I was certain the other players had lost interest (no activity on the OOC for 12 days and no IC as I was waiting on that one player who didn't have the decency to tell me they where not apply).

Well, I'd like to make up for that this coming week. I'd like to get an RP in that series up. Something focused rather then broad. Something that needs only one player. I can surely keep such going.

Speaking of people not applying, I'm going to post a message on another OOC of mine to see if it gets a response as I am, again waiting, and apparently have more patience then others.

Pax Nerdvana wrote:Such as?

Indeed. You've got to give us some idea of what we'd be adopting.

I hate it when people skip town on an RP.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26646
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:07 pm

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I waited 12 days for someone to get an app up for a promising RP, and after such a long wait and no return TGs I knew they where not applying. But by then I was certain the other players had lost interest (no activity on the OOC for 12 days and no IC as I was waiting on that one player who didn't have the decency to tell me they where not apply).

Well, I'd like to make up for that this coming week. I'd like to get an RP in that series up. Something focused rather then broad. Something that needs only one player. I can surely keep such going.

Speaking of people not applying, I'm going to post a message on another OOC of mine to see if it gets a response as I am, again waiting, and apparently have more patience then others.


Indeed. You've got to give us some idea of what we'd be adopting.

I hate it when people skip town on an RP.

I hate when they do so without returning my TGs. At least if they let me know they've lost interest I can adapt and get the RP rolling. The last two posts on the OOC of that thread is me stating that I'll get the RP up when that player get's their application posted and another player responding with excitement about getting the IC started.

Such is why I'd like to get another RP in that series rolling- it had a continuity stemming from the first RP in that setting, and the RP in question was to be a sequel.

The setting is... one where Earth has a 'Counter' in it's orbit- another planet on the opposite side of the sun. That planet being Sauria, inhabited by dinosaur like bipeds. Sauria, a planet united by an Empire, is undergoing a state of global cooling brought about by volcanic soot. It's set it's eyes on Earth for settlement.

The first RP, Of Civility and Ambition, revolved around two civilian factions; one seeking to conquer Earth and the other wanting to establish trade relations and migration treaties. The players unanimously elected to trade and migrate to Earth. The IC never reached a conclusion but those of us involved came up with what happened and thus came the 2nd RP.

The 2nd set in Australia on January the 1st of 2018; with first contact having occurred in the year 1996. That RP; Migrant's Story involved Saurians living on Earth with a few human characters; mostly those unhappy with the immigrants. Sauria was introduced to Democracy for the first time and the Empire is cracking down.

For this third RP I'd like to have the setting Sauria during the time the 2nd RP would have taken place in. With Human characters living on Sauria during this time of crisis.

Here on links to both OOCs if you'd like to take a greater look and I'll happily answer your questions. I know I'll love doing so.

RP1

RP2

I'll also take any suggestions regarding what to do for the next RP- either reboot the 2nd or go with the idea for the third or something I've not yet considered. It's a setting I know has great potential.
Last edited by Harbertia on Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Fri Mar 09, 2018 8:10 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I hate it when people skip town on an RP.

I hate when they do so without returning my TGs. At least if they let me know they've lost interest I can adapt and get the RP rolling. The last two posts on the OOC of that thread is me stating that I'll get the RP up when that player get's their application posted and another player responding with excitement about getting the IC started.

Such is why I'd like to get another RP in that series rolling- it had a continuity stemming from the first RP in that setting, and the RP in question was to be a sequel.

The setting is... one where Earth has a 'Counter' in it's orbit- another planet on the opposite side of the sun. That planet being Sauria, inhabited by dinosaur like bipeds. Sauria, a planet united by an Empire, is undergoing a state of global cooling brought about by volcanic soot. It's set it's eyes on Earth for settlement.

The first RP, Of Civility and Ambition, revolved around two civilian factions; one seeking to conquer Earth and the other wanting to establish trade relations and migration treaties. The players unanimously elected to trade and migrate to Earth. The IC never reached a conclusion but those of us involved came up with what happened and thus came the 2nd RP.

The 2nd set in Australia on January the 1st of 2018; with first contact having occurred in the year 1996. That RP; Migrant's Story involved Saurians living on Earth with a few human characters; mostly those unhappy with the immigrants. Sauria was introduced to Democracy for the first time and the Empire is cracking down.

For this third RP I'd like to have the setting Sauria during the time the 2nd RP would have taken place in. With Human characters living on Sauria during this time of crisis.

Here on links to both OOCs if you'd like to take a greater look and I'll happily answer your questions. I know I'll love doing so.

RP1

RP2

I'll also take any suggestions regarding what to do for the next RP- either reboot the 2nd or go with the idea for the third or something I've not yet considered. It's a setting I know has great potential.

Maybe, but I'm currently involved in several RPs and I don't want to overload myself.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Labstoska
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1441
Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:40 am

Harbertia wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:I hate it when people skip town on an RP.

I hate when they do so without returning my TGs. At least if they let me know they've lost interest I can adapt and get the RP rolling. The last two posts on the OOC of that thread is me stating that I'll get the RP up when that player get's their application posted and another player responding with excitement about getting the IC started.

Such is why I'd like to get another RP in that series rolling- it had a continuity stemming from the first RP in that setting, and the RP in question was to be a sequel.

The setting is... one where Earth has a 'Counter' in it's orbit- another planet on the opposite side of the sun. That planet being Sauria, inhabited by dinosaur like bipeds. Sauria, a planet united by an Empire, is undergoing a state of global cooling brought about by volcanic soot. It's set it's eyes on Earth for settlement.

The first RP, Of Civility and Ambition, revolved around two civilian factions; one seeking to conquer Earth and the other wanting to establish trade relations and migration treaties. The players unanimously elected to trade and migrate to Earth. The IC never reached a conclusion but those of us involved came up with what happened and thus came the 2nd RP.

The 2nd set in Australia on January the 1st of 2018; with first contact having occurred in the year 1996. That RP; Migrant's Story involved Saurians living on Earth with a few human characters; mostly those unhappy with the immigrants. Sauria was introduced to Democracy for the first time and the Empire is cracking down.

For this third RP I'd like to have the setting Sauria during the time the 2nd RP would have taken place in. With Human characters living on Sauria during this time of crisis.

Here on links to both OOCs if you'd like to take a greater look and I'll happily answer your questions. I know I'll love doing so.

RP1

RP2

I'll also take any suggestions regarding what to do for the next RP- either reboot the 2nd or go with the idea for the third or something I've not yet considered. It's a setting I know has great potential.

Shall we be seeing the return of Xhotol? the lizerdman who is definitely not trying to manipulate world politics.

User avatar
Dayganistan
Diplomat
 
Posts: 951
Founded: May 02, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Dayganistan » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:20 am

Three months into 2018 and I haven't participated in a single RP that didn't die within the first week. In fact I think I've only participated in one that's even been posted this year so far. Oh well.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
G-Tech Corporation
P2TM RP Mentor
 
Posts: 57850
Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Democratic Socialists

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:26 am

Dayganistan wrote:Three months into 2018 and I haven't participated in a single RP that didn't die within the first week. In fact I think I've only participated in one that's even been posted this year so far. Oh well.


I can offer you a RP that has been around for three years :P
TG if you have questions about RP. If I don't know the answer, I know someone who does.

Quite the unofficial fellow. P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs.

User avatar
Benuty
Post Czar
 
Posts: 36355
Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:27 am

Dayganistan wrote:Three months into 2018 and I haven't participated in a single RP that didn't die within the first week. In fact I think I've only participated in one that's even been posted this year so far. Oh well.

Well, it all depends on whether the OP is willing to be a stubborn mule, and prevent their rp from dying.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity.
Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

User avatar
Pax Nerdvana
Postmaster-General
 
Posts: 14585
Founded: May 22, 2017
Anarchy

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:15 am

Benuty wrote:
Dayganistan wrote:Three months into 2018 and I haven't participated in a single RP that didn't die within the first week. In fact I think I've only participated in one that's even been posted this year so far. Oh well.

Well, it all depends on whether the OP is willing to be a stubborn mule, and prevent their rp from dying.

I try to keep my RPs alive, but I usually fail.
I am an American Christian male who is interested in various things, like SF, classic rock, guns, space travel, military history, and video games (Nintendo/retro). Franchises I like include Star Wars, Star Trek, and Transformers. #freekyle
Quotes
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin of a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26646
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:42 am

Labstoska wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I hate when they do so without returning my TGs. At least if they let me know they've lost interest I can adapt and get the RP rolling. The last two posts on the OOC of that thread is me stating that I'll get the RP up when that player get's their application posted and another player responding with excitement about getting the IC started.

Such is why I'd like to get another RP in that series rolling- it had a continuity stemming from the first RP in that setting, and the RP in question was to be a sequel.

The setting is... one where Earth has a 'Counter' in it's orbit- another planet on the opposite side of the sun. That planet being Sauria, inhabited by dinosaur like bipeds. Sauria, a planet united by an Empire, is undergoing a state of global cooling brought about by volcanic soot. It's set it's eyes on Earth for settlement.

The first RP, Of Civility and Ambition, revolved around two civilian factions; one seeking to conquer Earth and the other wanting to establish trade relations and migration treaties. The players unanimously elected to trade and migrate to Earth. The IC never reached a conclusion but those of us involved came up with what happened and thus came the 2nd RP.

The 2nd set in Australia on January the 1st of 2018; with first contact having occurred in the year 1996. That RP; Migrant's Story involved Saurians living on Earth with a few human characters; mostly those unhappy with the immigrants. Sauria was introduced to Democracy for the first time and the Empire is cracking down.

For this third RP I'd like to have the setting Sauria during the time the 2nd RP would have taken place in. With Human characters living on Sauria during this time of crisis.

Here on links to both OOCs if you'd like to take a greater look and I'll happily answer your questions. I know I'll love doing so.

RP1

RP2

I'll also take any suggestions regarding what to do for the next RP- either reboot the 2nd or go with the idea for the third or something I've not yet considered. It's a setting I know has great potential.

Shall we be seeing the return of Xhotol? the lizerdman who is definitely not trying to manipulate world politics.

Seeing how he's a character you've created I'd say it's likely. Before I can get anything going I need to know weather to start a third or relaunch the 2nd one. I'm presently rather interested in how Humans are doing on Sauria- like- I imagine they are having a harder time then the Saurians on Earth- like both are experiencing difficulty I'm sure- it's just something - a situation these Humans on Sauria that hasn't really been talked about or looked into yet. I've talked about the companies that have gone to Sauria and what material is contraband when traveling to Sauria and from it.

But we've not actually seen how Humans on Sauria are interacting with Suarians.

Nor in regards to relaunching the 2nd one (or just getting the IC up for the old OOC thread from January and pretending a pause hasn't taken place); have we really got to play the role of Saurians on Earth.

I feel that with most of my information being on Sauria rather then on Earth (as in I know more about Sauria then I about Earth in this setting) I can better manage NPCs; characters that players interact with on Sauria then I can manage Humans in Australia. Which is why I largely would have relied on players playing Humans when it came to getting an impression of Earth.

Like- Sauria is largely a - 'standardized' culture- like not as diverse as Earth due to being united for 5000+ years. We know that dialects just like in China exist but everyone is part of the same cultural group.

Earth on the other hand is more difficult. Disunited, culturally diverse, and still divided by race unlike Sauria where everyone is just 'Saurian' (with some exceptions like that group Xhotol's father was/is part of).

What I'm really asking for is direction, input, in what to do.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

User avatar
Labstoska
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1441
Founded: Apr 22, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Labstoska » Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:55 am

Harbertia wrote:
Labstoska wrote:Shall we be seeing the return of Xhotol? the lizerdman who is definitely not trying to manipulate world politics.

Seeing how he's a character you've created I'd say it's likely. Before I can get anything going I need to know weather to start a third or relaunch the 2nd one. I'm presently rather interested in how Humans are doing on Sauria- like- I imagine they are having a harder time then the Saurians on Earth- like both are experiencing difficulty I'm sure- it's just something - a situation these Humans on Sauria that hasn't really been talked about or looked into yet. I've talked about the companies that have gone to Sauria and what material is contraband when traveling to Sauria and from it.

But we've not actually seen how Humans on Sauria are interacting with Suarians.

Nor in regards to relaunching the 2nd one (or just getting the IC up for the old OOC thread from January and pretending a pause hasn't taken place); have we really got to play the role of Saurians on Earth.

I feel that with most of my information being on Sauria rather then on Earth (as in I know more about Sauria then I about Earth in this setting) I can better manage NPCs; characters that players interact with on Sauria then I can manage Humans in Australia. Which is why I largely would have relied on players playing Humans when it came to getting an impression of Earth.

Like- Sauria is largely a - 'standardized' culture- like not as diverse as Earth due to being united for 5000+ years. We know that dialects just like in China exist but everyone is part of the same cultural group.

Earth on the other hand is more difficult. Disunited, culturally diverse, and still divided by race unlike Sauria where everyone is just 'Saurian' (with some exceptions like that group Xhotol's father was/is part of).

What I'm really asking for is direction, input, in what to do.

I would stay start a third it would be very interesting to see how Humans are attempting to live in the totalitarian regime of Sauria and how Saurians are adapting to new ideas brought in by Humanity especially Human religions (really hoping that someone who joins the RP decides to play as some kind of missionary from Earth.)

User avatar
Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet
 
Posts: 26646
Founded: Apr 30, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Harbertia » Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:12 pm

Labstoska wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Seeing how he's a character you've created I'd say it's likely. Before I can get anything going I need to know weather to start a third or relaunch the 2nd one. I'm presently rather interested in how Humans are doing on Sauria- like- I imagine they are having a harder time then the Saurians on Earth- like both are experiencing difficulty I'm sure- it's just something - a situation these Humans on Sauria that hasn't really been talked about or looked into yet. I've talked about the companies that have gone to Sauria and what material is contraband when traveling to Sauria and from it.

But we've not actually seen how Humans on Sauria are interacting with Suarians.

Nor in regards to relaunching the 2nd one (or just getting the IC up for the old OOC thread from January and pretending a pause hasn't taken place); have we really got to play the role of Saurians on Earth.

I feel that with most of my information being on Sauria rather then on Earth (as in I know more about Sauria then I about Earth in this setting) I can better manage NPCs; characters that players interact with on Sauria then I can manage Humans in Australia. Which is why I largely would have relied on players playing Humans when it came to getting an impression of Earth.

Like- Sauria is largely a - 'standardized' culture- like not as diverse as Earth due to being united for 5000+ years. We know that dialects just like in China exist but everyone is part of the same cultural group.

Earth on the other hand is more difficult. Disunited, culturally diverse, and still divided by race unlike Sauria where everyone is just 'Saurian' (with some exceptions like that group Xhotol's father was/is part of).

What I'm really asking for is direction, input, in what to do.

I would stay start a third it would be very interesting to see how Humans are attempting to live in the totalitarian regime of Sauria and how Saurians are adapting to new ideas brought in by Humanity especially Human religions (really hoping that someone who joins the RP decides to play as some kind of missionary from Earth.)

Alright :) Though I do re-iterate for you that Surians have vast social and economic liberties but no political rights. Still, what you say is true. It'd be like a Canadian Tourist in North Korea- except not a 'tour' as it's much longer. Yes, it'd be that level of difficult. I'm curious as to how Humans will react and Saurians to ideas from Earth, we've already got an idea of how the concept of Democracy has been impacting Sauria :/ so other ideas- gosh it'll be a hard time to live.

I'll see what I can do with getting the third up;

*looks at image of a Saurian City*
Image


Yeah... it does have that 'oppressive' air to it- it's going to be uncomfortable I'm guessing. I'd lament that Humanity couldn't have seen Sauria when it was warmer, when it's civilization was perhaps in the 3350s of the Saurian Calendar (Earth would have been in the *does math* in the 29th century BC back then... so yeah unlikely. Saurians where getting telecommunication satellites into orbit back then with their space race revolving around competition between telecom companies with in the Empire; Media was regulated by not directed by the state back then but the Empire got more control in the decades that followed)

Edit: I think I'll choose a more sub-urban or rural township setting like the town the first RP's IC was in. Even with - dying plants.... and cloudy days... wow Sauria is depressing! I remember feeling the air in the first RP and wanting to get away- that's why so many Saurians want to move to Earth. The planet is literally dying from the cold brought on by the thick skies (the result of ancient volcanic activity which now settling down has also started to cool the ground it's self). An RP on Sauria can either demonstrate this dying of the planet but how much of it can be shown while still allowing the people to be 'inviting'? It's made even sadder that the people are finding detraction from their planet's state by getting wrapped up in political upheaval. Gosh I'm hit suddenly with just how bad things are on Sauria and how fragmenting will likely doom them further :(

Edit: Maybe I'm just over reacting, maybe it's not that bad- a few flash freezes- cold rain- snow- ... ok it'd bad.
Last edited by Harbertia on Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Archives

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Aurevbush

Advertisement

Remove ads