NATION

PASSWORD

[SUBMITTED] The Apple Falls Far From the Tree

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.
The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 24, 2016
Free-Market Paradise

[SUBMITTED] The Apple Falls Far From the Tree

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:47 am

Submitted text ↴
[title] The Apple Falls Far From the Tree

[desc] Genealogists have determined that a minor noble from Dàguó named Hànnuòwēi is next in line to the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ throne due to gender succession laws barring many other claimants. A forgotten and very distant relation of the royal family, the noble arrives at your office in a palanquin borne on the backs of slaves, accompanied by a retinue of eunuchs.
[validity] must have chosen 596.3, 596.4, 596.5, or 596.6; must be a monarchy

[option] "It is untenable that the Holy Hànnuòwēi is the rightful and lawful heir," translates your Ambassador to Dàguó, straining to comprehend the words sung by the noble's castrato herald. "Wait, I think he meant 'undeniable'. All in @@NAME@@ must worship the divine sovereign… and judging from that aggressive vibrato, I'm guessing that he just sung something very threatening."
[effect]people struggle to understand the messages of their god

[option] "You can't let a foreigner be our queen!" hisses Prince @@RANDOMMALEFIRSTNAME@@, as he is carried into the room in a sedan chair. "I am a loyal @@DEMONYM@@, but I can't be @@NAME@@'s monarch because of sexist laws. I was precluded from my birthright because I am a man, and now a stranger is the heir! The sexes should be equal, and I should have the right to ascend the throne and rule the people of @@NAME@@."
[validity]only women can ascend to the throne
[effect]the monarchy affirms that the sexes are equal but not the classes

[option] "You can't let a foreigner be our king!" hisses Princess @@RANDOMFEMALEFIRSTNAME@@, as she is carried into the room in a sedan chair. "I am a loyal @@DEMONYM@@, but I can't be @@NAME@@'s monarch because of sexist laws. I was precluded from my birthright because I am a woman, and now a stranger is the heir! The sexes should be equal, and I should have the right to ascend the throne and rule the people of @@NAME@@."
[validity]only men can ascend to the throne
[effect]the monarchy affirms that the sexes are equal but not the classes

[option] "Monarchy is old!" taunts the teen daughter of an ineligible claimant, as she records a video on her Pear Phone. "Laws and blood should not determine who leads a people. Democracy should. We should ditch monarchy, guys, and let Farcebook likes determine who should be in charge! Liberté, modernité, technologie!"
[effect]politicians rise to power after hashtag campaigns

[option] "The name is Bont… James Bont," repeats Jame Bont, a secret agent swirling his glass of water. "Why go through all the trouble of changing legislation when you can just kill this crazy foreigner? I can do it, and a new person will be the heir. I can keep assassinating heirs until we end up with someone you approve of, @@LEADER@@. I charge per head."
[effect]princess stories don't end happily ever after

[title] The Apple Falls Far From the Tree

[desc] Genealogists have determined that a minor noble from Dàguó named Hànnuòwēi is next in line to the @@DEMONYMADJECTIVE@@ throne due to gender succession laws barring many other claimants. A forgotten and very distant relation of the royal family, the noble arrives at your office in a palanquin borne on the backs of slaves, accompanied by a retinue of eunuchs.
[validity] must have chosen 596.3 or 596.4, must be a monarchy

[option] "It is untenable that the Holy Hànnuòwēi is the rightful and lawful heir," translates your Ambassador to Dàguó, straining to comprehend the words sung by the noble's castrato herald. "Wait, I think he meant 'undeniable'. All in @@NAME@@ must worship the divine sovereign… and judging from that aggressive vibrato, I'm guessing that he just sung something very threatening."
[effect]people struggle to understand the messages of their god

[option] "This is why we can't have nice things," yell the more immediate relatives of the monarch, angrily lurching lurching toward you as one. "We've been precluded from our birthright because of our sex! The sexes are equal, @@LEADER@@, and we should be able to ascend to the throne. We have the right to rule the people of @@NAME@@!"
[effect]the nobility affirms that men and women are equal and that not all men are created equal

[option] "Monarchy is old!" taunts the sixteen-year-old daughter of an ineligible claimant. "Gods and blood should not determine who leads a people. Popularity should. We should ditch monarchy, guys, and let Farcebook likes determine who should be in charge! Democracy! Liberté, technologie, modernité!"
[effect]old people are unable to vote

[option] "The name is Bont… James Bont," repeats Jame Bont, a secret agent swirling his glass of water. "Why go through all the trouble of changing legislation when you can just kill this crazy foreigner? I can do it, and another person will be the heir. I can keep assassinating heirs until we end up someone you approve of, @@LEADER@@. I charge per head."
[effect]princess stories don't end happily ever after
Last edited by The Marsupial Illuminati on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:45 am, edited 23 times in total.
ὁ ἀνεξέταστος βίος οὐ βιωτὸς ἀνθρώπῳ

The Free Joy State
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Joy State » Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:04 am

I suggest a different version of #2 for matrilineal and patrilineal successions, especially considering the current effect line.
Last edited by The Free Joy State on Fri Mar 02, 2018 7:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
"If there's a book that you want to read, but it hasn't been written yet, then you must write it." - Toni Morrison

My nation does not represent my beliefs or politics.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 pm

The Free Joy State wrote:I suggest a different version of #2 for matrilineal and patrilineal successions, especially considering the current effect line.

Edited accordingly.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:16 am

Option 2/3- who said that the genders are now equal?
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Sat Mar 03, 2018 5:18 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 2/3- who said that the genders are now equal?

That is what the speakers are asserting.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:59 am

Australian rePublic wrote:Option 2/3- who said that the genders are now equal?

I've edited the options to make it more clear that the speakers are asserting that because it is not yet the position of the government.

Other minor edits have been made. Further comments are welcome.
Last edited by The Marsupial Illuminati on Tue Mar 06, 2018 3:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:24 pm

Further comments are welcome.

The Marsupial Illuminati
Ambassador

Free-Market Paradise

Postby The Marsupial Illuminati » Tue Mar 13, 2018 2:42 am

Made some minor edits. Further comments are welcome.

Edit: Because of this post, the issue has been submitted.
Last edited by The Marsupial Illuminati on Tue Mar 13, 2018 3:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Australian rePublic » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 pm

Good luck!
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?