NATION

PASSWORD

Regional founder Discord server

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
August
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Ex-Nation

Regional founder Discord server

Postby August » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:59 am

[ Dispatch | Thread ]

Hello, Gameplay! I have a quick announcement to make. On Sunday night, I launched a new Discord server exclusively for region founders to exchange advice, best practices, and stories about their time at the top. The overall idea of this server is to facilitate community development in regions large and small and help new founders get started in their role. We are judgment-free, spam-free, and recruitment-free, and every week we have discussion topics related to region-building.

Already we have some big names, some lesser-known names, and a pretty nifty bot that lets you design your own roles. Activity is through the roof, with thousands of posts in the 36 hours we have been open. If you are a founder*, no matter how new, we invite you to be a part of this great new meta-community! (If you know a founder, forward this to them.)

To join this server, click here! Hope to see you soon.

*No puppet storage regions, please.
Last edited by August on Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Tue Feb 20, 2018 6:02 am

Once again, wonderful job August!
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Marilyn Manson Freaks
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Marilyn Manson Freaks » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:37 am

Great idea!
Hi, I'm Manson! I'm just your friendly neighborhood rockstar!
NS Join Date: November 6th, 2015

Here are some things I've authored.

Jobs & Positions
4th Generation Fishmonger
Founder of the Church of Zyonn
NRO Stooge

Vulturret
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulturret » Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:39 am

Nice discord!
Emperor of the Ragerian Imperium
Statsminister of Balder

Patriarch of House Griffin, High King of Domlar, King of Arin, King of Haggir, King of Don, King of Fola, Grand Duke of Jorn, High Patrician of Kola, Chieftain of the Amir, Warmaster of Alaan, Baselius of Tol, Samrat of Ayn, and Grand High Magistrate of Korrer
Member of the Storting of Balder
Styled Knight of Thor in Balder
Member of the Citizens' Assembly Advisory Board of Europeia
Minister of Culture of Europeia
Minister of Communications of Balder
Citizens' Assembly Chair of Europeia
Speaker of the Rejected Realms
Imperator of the Dark Vanquishers
Caliph of the Arabian Empire

Karenus
Secretary

Founded: Feb 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Karenus » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:52 am

Maybe extend the server for Delegates?

Otherwise, that's a very cool idea.
"For the heck of it is the only reason I've ever known you to do things." ~ Altino
"Kar can be top banana anywhere" ~ Feux
"he was like the one person in the NPO I could tolerate speaking with" ~ Koth

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:06 pm

Aww, I feel excluded :(

Founds a region.

Hello there!

I actually have founded a region but for now it’s small so I have it under the radar. So have fun. It’s a cool idea, just not something I can join
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Malphe
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 02, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Malphe » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:42 pm

does my puppet storage region count

Neat idea though, founders need all the advice they can get.
Malphe Vytherov

Oakrugia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 21, 2017
Capitalizt

Postby Oakrugia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 5:04 pm

I think this is a good idea as a benefit to our Gameplayers. Well done, August. :)

EDIT:
Malphe wrote:does my puppet storage region count

Neat idea though, founders need all the advice they can get.

I think August stated in the dispatch that a puppet storage doesn't count.
Last edited by Oakrugia on Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
@Mad-Eye Jack, You have voted to lynch Hyungie Oak.
Hi, I'm Oak. I just returned to NationStates after being away for 5 years(?)
Bye.

Spam Spam Spam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Spam Spam Spam » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:50 am

The invite link doesn't work

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:57 am

Thanks, all! Two days in, we have 6500 posts and 65 members from a diverse assortment of regions. It is already proving to be an effective platform for region-building advice.
Fauxia wrote:I actually have founded a region but for now it’s small so I have it under the radar. So have fun. It’s a cool idea, just not something I can join
Small founders who have not begun development on their regions are welcome too, if they are interested in picking up some tips.
Karenus wrote:Maybe extend the server for Delegates?
That is now in the works! Thanks for the suggestion.
Spam Spam Spam wrote:The invite link doesn't work
What message does it give you? There is only one invite link, and nobody is banned, so I am not sure what the issue could be. A screenshot might be helpful, too.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

My Projects: AugustinAndroid (Server) | Augustin Alliance (Server) | NS Leaders (Server) | Tech suggestions | About me
I heard it was you / talkin' 'bout a world where all is free / it just couldn't be / and only a fool would say that...

Spam Spam Spam
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 20, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Spam Spam Spam » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:20 pm

August wrote:Thanks, all! Two days in, we have 6500 posts and 65 members from a diverse assortment of regions. It is already proving to be an effective platform for region-building advice.
Fauxia wrote:I actually have founded a region but for now it’s small so I have it under the radar. So have fun. It’s a cool idea, just not something I can join
Small founders who have not begun development on their regions are welcome too, if they are interested in picking up some tips.
Karenus wrote:Maybe extend the server for Delegates?
That is now in the works! Thanks for the suggestion.
Spam Spam Spam wrote:The invite link doesn't work
What message does it give you? There is only one invite link, and nobody is banned, so I am not sure what the issue could be. A screenshot might be helpful, too.

Nvm it works now

August
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby August » Sun Feb 25, 2018 2:42 pm

This server has now been open for nearly a week (our limited rollout was last Sunday night, and invitations went out on Monday). Now, for a few updates.

Total posts: 11400
Total users: 100 (!!!), including those pending confirmation
Confirmed founders: 79
Number of regions represented: 86
List of regions (alphabetical): 21st Century Rome, Alvaris Confederation, Anime Land, Anteria, Ascotera, Association of the Countries of the Free, Auratus, Avadam Inn, BLITZKRIEG, Canterbury, Cape of Good Hope, Carolingia, Cobalt Network, Commonwealth of Expeditionary Colonies, Commonwealth of Liberty, Conch Kingdom (+RP), Council of Islamic States, Dawn, Democratic States Alliance, Driselbia, Dythinia, Elparia, Enadia, Equality and Development Coalition, European Union, Europeia, Force, Forum Byzantium, Gilgamesh, Greater Olympus, Hippy Haven, Indian Sub Continent, KAISERREICH, Karma, Lands End, Lily, Lunar Alliance, Meihua, Narnia, New Central Europe, New Western Atlantic, Norden, Northern Pact, Official European Union, Ridgefield, Selene, Siberaian Galactic Filament, Solar Alliance, Spiritus, Straw Hat Pirates, The Achaemenid Empire, The Amish Republic, The Angirisian Empire, The Bar on the corner of every region, The Brotherhuud, The Continental, The Council of the Multiverse, The European Union, The Free Nations Region, The Front of United Priapusians, The Galactic Order, The Good Ship Revenge, The Internationale, The Kaiserreich, The Kingdom of Great Britain, The New Mappers Union, The Ragerian Imperium, The Region That Has No Big Banks, The Roman Empire, The Tamrielic Empire (+provinces), The Union of Democratic States, The United Coalition of Nation States, The United Federation of Free Nations, THE VUN, The Western Isles, Tool, Trav Khar, Union of Confederate Regions, Union of Nations, United Conservative Alliance, United Nations, World Organisation, Yuno

As you can see, we have gotten off to a strong start, with a colorful variety of names contributing to this effort! Founders from all sorts of regions have shown up--from roleplayer to political gameplayer, capitalist to communist to fascist, raider to defender, tiny to enormous, and extremely old to brand new--all in the name of community-building. Our first weekly discussion topic was "What is the best region-building advice you ever received?", and we had some great responses from the pros. Among newer founders, recruiting methods and ways to encourage activity in a young region have proven to be popular subjects so far. If you are reading this and your region is not on the list above, pass it along to your founder! S/he will thank you for it.
|| AA Founder - Retired.

Sylven
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sylven » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:26 am

As we skid into a new year, the NS Founders Discord returns to action! \o/ Here's an update.

Total posts: 24128
Total users: 73, including those pending confirmation
Confirmed founders: 44
Number of regions represented: 45
List of regions (alphabetical): Agheasma, Anteria, Ascotera, Assembly of Independent Nations, Association of the Countries of the Free, Atrosia Isles, Augustin Alliance, Bhutan, Caer Sidi, Capital Heartland, Commonwealth of Expeditionary Colonies, Commonwealth of Liberty, Conch Kingdom RP, Conifer, Creative Assembly, Driselbia, Elparia, Enadia, European Union, Europeia, Force, Gay, Ikuisuus, KAISERREICH, Karma, Natan Region, Norden, Northern Pact, Official European Union, Simul, Solar & Lunar Alliance, Spiritus, Straw Hat Pirates, The Confederacy, The Free Nations Region, The Front of United Priapusians, The Good Ship Revenge, The Ragerian Imperium, The VALTIC, The Western Isles, Union of Nations, United Free Nations, United Nations, Voltarium

The NS Founders Discord server has been idle for a bit, but discussions on region-building have begun once more. Our most recent discussion topic was "What is the best region idea you never had the time/energy to turn into reality?" We've all had dreams about region ideas we would love to get going if we only had to time to devote to them... and it was fun to share those with other founders and be inspired by their ideas! Our next discussion will start this afternoon, so if you are a founder come be part of it! Or if you know someone who is a founder, let them know about this Discord server. :)
~Sylven
Mother of Chamberlyn Razedusk
Wife of the Lovely Hamster of Kortexia
Great Grand-daughter of Francos Spain

Greater vakolicci haven
Post Marshal

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Greater vakolicci haven » Sun Jan 06, 2019 2:30 pm

Atrosia Isles?

So your region doesn't have to be a region anymore to join?
Join the rejected realms and never fear rejection again
NSG virtual happy hour this Saturday: join us on zoom, what could possibly go wrong?
“I predict future happiness for Americans, if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.” - Thomas Jefferson
“Silent acquiescence in the face of tyranny is no better than outright agreement." - C.J. Redwine
“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles." - Jeff Cooper

Qwabour Harbour
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwabour Harbour » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:29 am

August wrote:This server has now been open for nearly a week (our limited rollout was last Sunday night, and invitations went out on Monday). Now, for a few updates.

Total posts: 11400
Total users: 100 (!!!), including those pending confirmation
Confirmed founders: 79
Number of regions represented: 86
List of regions (alphabetical): 21st Century Rome, Alvaris Confederation, Anime Land, Anteria, Ascotera, Association of the Countries of the Free, Auratus, Avadam Inn, BLITZKRIEG, Canterbury, Cape of Good Hope, Carolingia, Cobalt Network, Commonwealth of Expeditionary Colonies, Commonwealth of Liberty, Conch Kingdom (+RP), Council of Islamic States, Dawn, Democratic States Alliance, Driselbia, Dythinia, Elparia, Enadia, Equality and Development Coalition, European Union, Europeia, Force, Forum Byzantium, Gilgamesh, Greater Olympus, Hippy Haven, Indian Sub Continent, KAISERREICH, Karma, Lands End, Lily, Lunar Alliance, Meihua, Narnia, New Central Europe, New Western Atlantic, Norden, Northern Pact, Official European Union, Ridgefield, Selene, Siberaian Galactic Filament, Solar Alliance, Spiritus, Straw Hat Pirates, The Achaemenid Empire, The Amish Republic, The Angirisian Empire, The Bar on the corner of every region, The Brotherhuud, The Continental, The Council of the Multiverse, The European Union, The Free Nations Region, The Front of United Priapusians, The Galactic Order, The Good Ship Revenge, The Internationale, The Kaiserreich, The Kingdom of Great Britain, The New Mappers Union, The Ragerian Imperium, The Region That Has No Big Banks, The Roman Empire, The Tamrielic Empire (+provinces), The Union of Democratic States, The United Coalition of Nation States, The United Federation of Free Nations, THE VUN, The Western Isles, Tool, Trav Khar, Union of Confederate Regions, Union of Nations, United Conservative Alliance, United Nations, World Organisation, Yuno

As you can see, we have gotten off to a strong start, with a colorful variety of names contributing to this effort! Founders from all sorts of regions have shown up--from roleplayer to political gameplayer, capitalist to communist to fascist, raider to defender, tiny to enormous, and extremely old to brand new--all in the name of community-building. Our first weekly discussion topic was "What is the best region-building advice you ever received?", and we had some great responses from the pros. Among newer founders, recruiting methods and ways to encourage activity in a young region have proven to be popular subjects so far. If you are reading this and your region is not on the list above, pass it along to your founder! S/he will thank you for it.

Fascists are allowed?

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay