NATION

PASSWORD

Gun Control: Shiny Toy Guns

For discussion and debate about anything. (Not a roleplay related forum; out-of-character commentary only.)

Advertisement

Remove ads

Am I Right?

Yeah, mostly, seems agreeable.
22%
Dunno/Not sure/Not American and I think that matters
6%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be more restricted.
26%
Nah, you're crazy. Guns should be less restricted.
40%
JC Christ CM come back when the meds wear off
7%

Total votes : 724

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:13 am

I didnt vote for Trump wrote:
Soldati Senza Confini wrote:
I do, yea. Because the problem is, again, not the gun.

Personally, I know I will probably never be a victim of a mass shooting. I know that I could have a gun pointed at my head at least once in my lifetime because some asshole decided they just didn't like me enough.

I, on the otherhand, don't associate with gangbangers or any other lowlifes who make a habit out of pointing guns at people who don't like me enough, so I'm not worried about having a gun pointed to my head. I can control that with my own common sense. What I can't control is accidentally walking into the wrong shopping mall at the wrong time of day, as rare as that may be.

You don't have to associate with scum bags to get a gun pointed at you though.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:13 am

Torrocca wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Sometimes home intruder get shot. Should the home owners be charged?

That's a case where the home owner feels their life is in danger. Important distinction between protecting life vs. protecting property.

Not quite. Castle Doctrine creates a presumption in favor of homeowners acting lawfully when using lethal force against an intruder in their home. So you can absolutely kill to defend your property.

Brilliant plan, really. Disincentivize robbery, decrease court costs.
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Founded: Mar 11, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:13 am

Personally, I know I will probably never be a victim of a mass shooting. I know that I could have a gun pointed at my head at least once in my lifetime because some asshole decided they just didn't like me enough.

I, on the otherhand, don't associate with gangbangers or any other lowlifes who make a habit out of pointing guns at people who don't like me enough, so I'm not worried about having a gun pointed to my head. I can control that with my own common sense. What I can't control is accidentally walking into the wrong shopping mall at the wrong time of day, as rare as that may be.

Hahahahahahaha

It's not just gangbangers or other lowlifes who will point guns at your head. Anyone can do it.
Soldati senza confini: Better than an iPod in shuffle more with 20,000 songs.
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Current Goal: Flesh out nation factbook.

Topoliani
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Manokan Republic wrote:Even though more people die from regular murders, mass murders take precedence because it scares you more? Because you're rich and certain you'll never be targeted, so mass murders scare you more and need to be stopped? This isn't actually about saving lives but just your own life and eliminating your own fears?

At least you are honest.

Only about 1% of the counties/cities in the US deal with "regular" murders the rest of the country only really has death through mass murder.

:rofl:
Topoliani: A Post-Apoc Medieval Nation in the Levant

I don't use NSstats, nor is this nation a representation of my views.
IC Year: 1210 AD.
Undergoing its third retcon. The third time's the charm, right?

I didnt vote for Trump
Envoy

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby I didnt vote for Trump » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 am

Sovaal wrote:
I didnt vote for Trump wrote:I, on the otherhand, don't associate with gangbangers or any other lowlifes who make a habit out of pointing guns at people who don't like me enough, so I'm not worried about having a gun pointed to my head. I can control that with my own common sense. What I can't control is accidentally walking into the wrong shopping mall at the wrong time of day, as rare as that may be.

Doesn’t matter if you don’t associate with them, plenty of people still die in the crossfire in gang wars.

Don't pretend you care.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:14 am

I, on the otherhand, don't associate with gangbangers or any other lowlifes who make a habit out of pointing guns at people who don't like me enough, so I'm not worried about having a gun pointed to my head.

Evidently you have never lived in or been to the inner cities or high crime areas.

I can control that with my own common sense. What I can't control is accidentally walking into the wrong shopping mall at the wrong time of day, as rare as that may be.

Or getting mugged by a drug addict or walking on gang turf.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:
Manokan Republic wrote:Even though more people die from regular murders, mass murders take precedence because it scares you more? Because you're rich and certain you'll never be targeted, so mass murders scare you more and need to be stopped? This isn't actually about saving lives but just your own life and eliminating your own fears?

At least you are honest.

Only about 1% of the counties/cities in the US deal with "regular" murders the rest of the country only really has death through mass murder. Thus those who made the choice to live in the 99% safe areas deserve to be prioritized over those who made the choice to live in the 1% murder ridden parts of the USA.

Its about saving those who made the choice to live in a safe place and protect them selves.

You know the best side dish for all those numbers you have there?

Sources.

And don’t act like you give a shit about “99%” of America.
Most of the time I have no idea what the hell I'm doing or talking about.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 am

Sovaal wrote:Doesn’t matter if you don’t associate with them, plenty of people still die in the crossfire in gang wars.

Don't pretend you care.

Yeah why would proponents for self defense care about people being killed :roll:
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:15 am

NewLiberalParty wrote:

At least you are honest.

Only about 1% of the counties/cities in the US deal with "regular" murders the rest of the country only really has death through mass murder. Thus those who made the choice to live in the 99% safe areas deserve to be prioritized over those who made the choice to live in the 1% murder ridden parts of the USA.

Its about saving those who made the choice to live in a safe place and protect them selves.

U fucking wot?
Tekania wrote:Welcome to NSG, where informed opinions get to bump-heads with ignorant ideology under the pretense of an equal footing.

"When it’s a choice of putting food on the table, or thinking about your morals, it’s easier to say you’d think about your morals, but only if you’ve never faced that decision." - Anastasia Richardson

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 am

Sovaal wrote:Doesn’t matter if you don’t associate with them, plenty of people still die in the crossfire in gang wars.

Don't pretend you care.

At least I do, Mr. "I don't associate with gangbangers or other lowlife sorts".

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:16 am

Don't pretend you care.

Pretend I care about what? People die in gag wars, because gangs are allowed to run rampant because frankly many police forces can’t handle them. Don’t know where the faux morality beating comes in.

”Many forms of government have been tried and will be tried in this world of sin and woe.
No one pretends that democracy is perfect or all wise. Indeed, it has been said that democracy is
the worst form of government, except for all the others that have been tried from time to time." -
Winston Churchill, 1947.

"Rifles, muskets, long-bows and hand-grenades are inherently democratic weapons. A complex weapon makes the strong stronger, while a simple weapon – so long as there is no answer to it – gives claws to the weak.” - George Orwell

I didnt vote for Trump
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby I didnt vote for Trump » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:17 am

I didnt vote for Trump wrote:I, on the otherhand, don't associate with gangbangers or any other lowlifes who make a habit out of pointing guns at people who don't like me enough, so I'm not worried about having a gun pointed to my head. I can control that with my own common sense. What I can't control is accidentally walking into the wrong shopping mall at the wrong time of day, as rare as that may be.

Hahahahahahaha

It's not just gangbangers or other lowlifes who will point guns at your head. Anyone can do it.

Oh, so now you want to talk about random acts of violence.

I didnt vote for Trump wrote:Don't pretend you care.

No, you don't.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:17 am

Ors Might wrote:

Yeah why would proponents for self defense care about people being killed :roll:

Nah man I’m just a gun owner totally incapable of human feelings like sympathy or empathy don’t mind me.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:18 am

Sovaal wrote:

Pretend I care about what? People die in gag wars, because gangs are allowed to run rampant because frankly many police forces can’t handle them. Don’t know where the faux morality beating comes in.

Not to mention there are areas in many cities where the police will not go. So they effectively become gang controlled areas.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:18 am

Hahahahahahaha

No, you don't.

Are you a telepath?
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 am

Hahahahahahaha

No, you don't.

I thought you wanted gun control measures to save lives?

Also, apparently you seem to think you know me. I will repeat: focusing on the gun is pointless. You're not going to stop people killing people by banning the guns, or making restrictions that apply to the guns.

Ors Might
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 01, 2016
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Ors Might » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 am

Sovaal wrote:
Ors Might wrote:Yeah why would proponents for self defense care about people being killed :roll:

Nah man I’m just a gun owner totally incapable of human feelings like sympathy or empathy don’t mind me.

Hey you busy tonight? It’s my turn to wrangle up some orphans for target practice at the range. Really been needing to test out my new heat seeking infinite ammunition
https://youtu.be/gvjOG5gboFU Best diss track of all time

I didnt vote for Trump
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby I didnt vote for Trump » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 am

Ors Might wrote:

Lmao

The only time you pay attention to the homicide rate is when you google it so you can argue on nationstates.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:19 am

Thermodolia wrote:
Sovaal wrote:Pretend I care about what? People die in gag wars, because gangs are allowed to run rampant because frankly many police forces can’t handle them. Don’t know where the faux morality beating comes in.

Not to mention there are areas in many cities where the police will not go. So they effectively become gang controlled areas.

Same with many prisons.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Topoliani
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 19, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Topoliani » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 am

Daily reminder that mass shootings happen on both sides of the gun control spectrum. There are a lot in Texas, and there are a lot in California.
Topoliani: A Post-Apoc Medieval Nation in the Levant

I don't use NSstats, nor is this nation a representation of my views.
IC Year: 1210 AD.
Undergoing its third retcon. The third time's the charm, right?

Kernen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 02, 2011
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kernen » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 am

Ors Might wrote:Yeah why would proponents for self defense care about people being killed :roll:

Lmao

The only time you pay attention to the homicide rate is when you google it so you can argue on nationstates.

Is that a problem?
From the throne of Khan Juk i'Behemoti, Juk Who-Is-The-Strength-of-the-Behemoth, Supreme Khan of the Ogres of Kernen. May the Khan ever drink the blood of his enemies!

Lawful Evil

Get abortions, do drugs, own guns, but never misstate legal procedure.

Sovaal
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Sovaal » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 am

Lmao

Man, if only you put as much effort as you do insulting people and making accusations as you did into making actual arguments.

Winston Churchill, 1947.

Wysten
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 am

Lmao

Damn man are you a telepath because I don't think you know him at all.
Famous qoutes
~ Albert Tzu, 1984

Soldati Senza Confini
Post Kaiser

Ex-Nation

Postby Soldati Senza Confini » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:20 am

Lmao

I actually read the Unified Crime Reports yearly. What do you do, Mr. Gun Control?

NewLiberalParty
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby NewLiberalParty » Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:21 am

Sovaal wrote:
NewLiberalParty wrote:

You know the best side dish for all those numbers you have there?

Sources.

And don’t act like you give a shit about “99%” of America.

I do care about the 99% but you know I feel sad and agree for these kids being killed in school but in this Florida case I can't help but think that many of those parents supported the republican party's refusal to do anything on guns until it was their child dead. Those kids were let down by the poor decisions of the adults in voting.

In fact, 70 percent of the counties had only 4 percent of the murders

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to General