NATION

PASSWORD

[R] Continued Harassment

Who needs it, who got it, who hands it out and why.
Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 16, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

[R] Continued Harassment

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:53 pm

This is my new account, preceded by New World Oceania. Kam and Sarian, after being warned many times, continue to spread lies that I've doxxed someone so that they can try and harass me out of a roleplay.

The Sarian wrote:[REDACTED BY MOD]

Kamchastkia wrote:[REDACTED BY MOD]

Given their history of discussing this topic, and their use of it to harass me, it's clear what both of them are suggesting.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Redacting content.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:06 pm

I'm reviewing the situation. One moment, please.
[KYRU]
old. roleplayer. the goat your parents warned you about.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Feb 17, 2018 6:19 pm

[KYRU]

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:50 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:REDACTED BY MOD

I'm sorry to keep bothering you. Even after our RP admins have asked this particular group of players to stop (and now brand new players are joining them), they're continuing to make claims that I've done things that are illegal or against site rules. And changing the account I use obviously hasn't discouraged it.

Emphasis is mine.

Edit: again

Lamaredia wrote:REDACTED BY MOD
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:23 am, edited 3 times in total.

Soviet Canuckistan
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 16, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Canuckistan » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:01 pm

In my defence, I have not previously acted to antagonize NWO/Vienna Eliot in any way so I don't really see how my actions constitute harassment considering this is an isolated post of mine, in my long history as a member of the Senate (around 5 years). Other players and I are just asking for the right to police our RP like any other and to restrict membership to the RP like any other RP is able to do. I'm trying to do this through the framework of the RP where resolutions pertaining the the RP such as nation formation are handled through a system of resolutions and seconds. This entire situation is obviously causing discord in our community and this is the way I, and some other players, believe that it should be handled.
Last edited by Soviet Canuckistan on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -3.75
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -3.49

Wysten
Minister

Founded: Apr 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Wysten » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Last edited by Wysten on Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Famous qoutes
"Half the battle is fought on the OOC forums"
~ Albert Tzu, 1984
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your signature!
GENERATION 15: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Sat Feb 17, 2018 11:07 pm

Soviet Canuckistan wrote:In my defence, I have not previously acted to antagonize NWO/Vienna Eliot in any way so I don't really see how my actions constitute harassment considering this is an isolated post of mine, in my long history as a member of the Senate (around 5 years). Other players and I are just asking for the right to police our RP like any other and to restrict membership to the RP like any other RP is able to do. I'm trying to do this through the framework of the RP where resolutions pertaining the the RP such as nation formation are handled through a system of resolutions and seconds. This entire situation is obviously causing discord in our community and this is the way I, and some other players, believe that it should be handled.

I am not reporting the resolution. I am reporting the claim that I doxxed someone.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:05 am

Content is being reviewed. One moment, please.
[KYRU]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:27 am

[KYRU]

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:33 am

Wysten wrote:https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=429986&p=33489532#p33489532
Another one for the post above.

I have no idea why this post is here, as it's unrelated, but someone already handled it.
[KYRU]

The Sarian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sarian » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:22 am

Vienna Eliot wrote:
Soviet Canuckistan wrote:In my defence, I have not previously acted to antagonize NWO/Vienna Eliot in any way so I don't really see how my actions constitute harassment considering this is an isolated post of mine, in my long history as a member of the Senate (around 5 years). Other players and I are just asking for the right to police our RP like any other and to restrict membership to the RP like any other RP is able to do. I'm trying to do this through the framework of the RP where resolutions pertaining the the RP such as nation formation are handled through a system of resolutions and seconds. This entire situation is obviously causing discord in our community and this is the way I, and some other players, believe that it should be handled.

I am not reporting the resolution. I am reporting the claim that I doxxed someone.

Which you did.

If you were just remorseful and willing to be a constructive part of the RP 90% of people (including myself, Ainin, SovCan and countless others who you say are "harassing" you) would have moved on. You keep claiming this is some co-ordinated effort to chase you out the RP but many of the people you've reported, including myself, were vocal supporters of you rejoining based on the belief that you had accepted your actions were terrible and become a better person for it. Stop lying, stop using the mods as weapons to get away from your action and learn something from the whole situation. Then 90% of people wouldn't have a problem.
THE SARI UNION · DE BONDSAARI

Domestic Newswire · Saari CricDatabase

Farnhamia
Game Moderator

Founded: Jun 20, 2006
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Farnhamia » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:12 am

The Sarian wrote:
Vienna Eliot wrote:I am not reporting the resolution. I am reporting the claim that I doxxed someone.

Which you did.

If you were just remorseful and willing to be a constructive part of the RP 90% of people (including myself, Ainin, SovCan and countless others who you say are "harassing" you) would have moved on. You keep claiming this is some co-ordinated effort to chase you out the RP but many of the people you've reported, including myself, were vocal supporters of you rejoining based on the belief that you had accepted your actions were terrible and become a better person for it. Stop lying, stop using the mods as weapons to get away from your action and learn something from the whole situation. Then 90% of people wouldn't have a problem.

Perhaps you didn't read Kyrusia's admonishment to the people involved in this latest incident. Here's a link: viewtopic.php?f=25&t=435910&p=33489857#p33489857. Read it when you get back from your *** 1 day ban for continued harassment. ***

Once again, people, if you suspect someone of doxxing, use a GHR to report it to us. Do not take it upon yourselves to deal with the situation.
Make Earth Great Again: Stop Continental Drift!
And Jesus was a sailor when he walked upon the water ...
"Make yourself at home, Frank. Hit somebody." RIP Don Rickles
My country, right or wrong; if right, to be kept right; and if wrong, to be set right. ~ Carl Schurz
<Sigh> NSG...where even the atheists are Augustinians. ~ The Archregimancy
Now the foot is on the other hand ~ Kannap
RIP Dyakovo ... Ashmoria (Freedom ... or cake)
This is the eighth line. If your signature is longer, it's too long.

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:10 pm

The Sarian wrote:[REDACTED BY MOD]

I don't know if this is actionable, but I am posting it here in the event that it moves past the implication and into accusations again.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 pm

[KYRU]

Vienna Eliot
Diplomat

Postby Vienna Eliot » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:32 pm

I'm sorry again to keep bothering you guys with this. This is targeted at another player (at Merizoc), but it's the same issue as before.

House of Judah wrote:[REDACTED BY MOD]

The accusation is highlighted.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

House of Judah
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby House of Judah » Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:44 pm

I've edited the potentially offending post and hope this doesn't become a greater issue.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:13 pm

House of Judah wrote:I've edited the potentially offending post and hope this doesn't become a greater issue.

Next time, don't make accusations. Period. At the moment, you're not getting anything official or unofficial on your record, since it appears this was simply an error that you promptly corrected. Next time, it'll be something official. We've had to drop in on the NSG Senate threads to the point that there is absolutely no excuse to not be aware of the rule regarding harassment.

The NSG Senate threads, any thread on the forum, RMB, and TGs are not the places to field accusations. If you have evidence which makes you believe a player is a thread to NS or other players, file a GHR. If you don't like the way an OP is behaving in a thread, leave the thread.
[KYRU]

MERIZoC
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 05, 2013
Left-wing Utopia

Postby MERIZoC » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:19 pm

Kyrusia wrote:
House of Judah wrote:I've edited the potentially offending post and hope this doesn't become a greater issue.

Next time, don't make accusations. Period. At the moment, you're not getting anything official or unofficial on your record, since it appears this was simply an error that you promptly corrected. Next time, it'll be something official. We've had to drop in on the NSG Senate threads to the point that there is absolutely no excuse to not be aware of the rule regarding harassment.

The NSG Senate threads, any thread on the forum, RMB, and TGs are not the places to field accusations. If you have evidence which makes you believe a player is a thread to NS or other players, file a GHR. If you don't like the way an OP is behaving in a thread, leave the thread.

The post still implies it, saying "an act for which I believe he should have been banned from the RP involving Freyhil", as do other posts in the thread. Even if he tiptoes around it, is heavy implication not actionable? I'm frankly in no mood to be slandered, whether it be explicitly or implicitly.

Kyrusia
Retired Moderator

Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:24 pm

MERIZoC wrote:
Kyrusia wrote:Next time, don't make accusations. Period. At the moment, you're not getting anything official or unofficial on your record, since it appears this was simply an error that you promptly corrected. Next time, it'll be something official. We've had to drop in on the NSG Senate threads to the point that there is absolutely no excuse to not be aware of the rule regarding harassment.

The post still implies it, saying "an act for which I believe he should have been banned from the RP involving Freyhil", as do other posts in the thread. Even if he tiptoes around it, is heavy implication not actionable? I'm frankly in no mood to be slandered, whether it be explicitly or implicitly.

Signal flare for second opinion ignited.
[KYRU]

NERVUN
Retired Moderator

Founded: Mar 24, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby NERVUN » Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:54 pm

It is in general enough terms that I do not find it running afoul of the rule.

I would restate what Kyru has said though and tell you all to drop it.
To those who feel, life is a tragedy. To those who think, it's a comedy.
"Men, today you'll be issued small trees. Do what you can for the emperor's glory." -Daistallia 2104 on bonsai charges in WWII
Science may provide the means while religion provides the motivation but humanity and humanity alone provides the vehicle -DaWoad

One-Stop Rules Shop, read it, love it, live by it. Getting Help Mod email: nervun@nationstates.net NSG Glossary
Add 10,145 to post count from Jolt: I have it from an unimpeachable source, that Dark Side cookies look like the Death Star. The other ones look like butterflies, or bunnies, or something.-Grave_n_Idle

Proud Member of FMGADHPAC. Join today!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Moderation