NATION

PASSWORD

1870-1940 Era War: Clean Slate(Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

1870-1940 Era War: Clean Slate(Open)

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:32 am

Now for something... A bit different!

Hello, and welcome to 1870-1940 Era War! A grandiose RP set in the Late Victorian Era, more specifically, 1870, spanning all the way to just right before the WW2 Era, 1940, so in total, the RP spans a grand total of 70 years! In those years you can RP many different things, like developing rockets because you placed your tech focus on them, family drama between two monarchies, and glorious battles with more than a thousand words and lasting from either two to even twenty or so posts, or you could post numbers and law changes, no matter what your fetis- thing is, you compile them here to make a masterpiece!

So what are you waiting for? Come on down, and make an app, type furiously on those keyboards, and have an RPing experience of a lifetime, and to those who have joined this RPs previous forms, get over here and guide any newcomers to becoming veterans of this RP! And so I say once more to you all, what are you waiting for? Join us!

I'll make you an offer too! First 2 applicants with 700+ posts, will become CO-OPs, and to get those old timers out, all of those who have participated in this RP's past incarnations, are automatically CO-OPs!

Information
IC

Hall of Remembrance
YOU ALL ARE MISSED
RP Original Posts:
OOC 1 on IC 1(In the Beginning...)

OOC 2 and OOC 3 on IC 2(We got to 500!)

OOC 4 on IC 3(It drowned...)

Posters:
Sceoji, blessed be him, for he started this all, and he shan't be forgotten by the masses. His name I plaster here for all eternity, to be looked upon.

Aclus, he was with us even before Sceoji started, and thus, I respect him as a brother, and a founding member of the RP.

Norcourt, he was older than Aclus, and thus an elder. He also was a consistent poster of the RP. And bless him and his gunmaking skills in the RPs, pretty good looking rifles.
Code: Select all
APPLICATION FOR 1870-1940 RP:
Generic Info about your Nation
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Nation Territory:[/b]
[b]National History(2 to As Many As You Can):[/b]

Lemme give you some stats
[b]Economy(1-3):[/b]
[b]Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses):[/b]
[b]Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force):[/b]
[b]Technology(1-3):[/b]
[b]Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy):[/b]

Numbers and how much
[b]Army(Active):[/b]
[b]Army(Reserve):[/b]
[b]Navy(Active):[/b]
[b]Navy(Reserve):[/b]
[b]Air(Active):[/b]
[b]Air(Reserve):[/b]
Roster:
  • Me, Ruskland-Preuben(aka NCSU)
  • El Faso
  • Northern Poland
  • Free Don
  • Streuburg
  • Strala
  • Kikonos
  • Limburg
  • Wargloria

Rulership:
  • Me, again
  • Wargloria
  • Free Don

Mapping Team:
  • Lead Mapper: Ruskland-Preuben
Rules!
From Sceoji's words:
1. No million man armies; the year has not been set, but it will be well before the time when any kind of army could hope to supply a million men on the same battlefield. Besides, dysentery is a nasty creature, and overpopulation tends to give it a boon.

2. No controlling other people's attacks, unit reactions, or anything of the like. This is a particular pet peeve of mine and it can ruin a good thread.

3. No shrugging off enemy actions like they don't affect you; it is okay on occasion to have a counter, or to.intercept the enemy's master-stroke; but you are not meta, and you will be unable to defend against all their blows.

3. No name-calling (unless it's IC and pertains to the roleplay, foul language directed at other role-played, or anything otherwise unnecessarily hurtful. Constructive criticism is appreciated; bullying is not tolerated.

4. You must stick to the tech level of the time, though, I may be adding a slight fantasy/other aspect to this depending on consensus. I'm a fair fellow, and will accept ideas. Also, tech that was practical but not widely utilized is STILL considered viable if you can reasonably explain why your Nation defied the trend.

5. No spamming or posting out-of character in the IC thread; we'll either keep this open for out of game chatter, or start a new thread for it later on.

6. Non-human species will be allowed if this goes forward, so long as they have no INCREDIBLY overpowered aspects, or if it is a powerful aspect, it has drawbacks.

7. There will be drawbacks to whatever gear you choose for your men; it's just a fact. You want bullet-proof steel armor? Okay. But your men wearing this must be ENTIRELY immobile, as the weapons of the time were far better at penetration than muskets.

8. Realistic accuracy and things of that nature; your scouts won't be able to open fire at other troops at 2 miles range, no matter how good they are with their rifles.

9. Berserkers are a no-go; you may have similar, or troops of imposing stamina, size, or ferocity but they won't be able to take ten shots from a high-powered rifle and keep on trucking.

10. Last but not least, no superweapons. You may design your own weapons if you so feel the need, but I'd prefer images be provided for realism, and you CANNOT have a weapon that can kill an entire army.

Also, have fun you wankers!

Map(To be Expanded)

Dark Red: Me of course
Green: Free Don
Eu4 Pink: Northern Poland
Yellow: El Faso
Light Orange: Streuburg
Beige: Strala
Orange: Kikonos
Brown: Éir
Gray(nothing for grey in font colors): Wargloria
Last edited by Ruskland-Preuben on Sun Feb 25, 2018 6:38 am, edited 8 times in total.
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Reserved
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

And, Open for Apps!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:14 am

I guess I'll bump it one more time.

El Faso
Attaché

Founded: Aug 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby El Faso » Tue Feb 13, 2018 12:21 pm

This seems cool, but I'm not that into the fantasy idea.

Free-Don
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Free-Don » Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Nation Name: The New Confederation of The Don Tribal Hosts
Nation Territory: Reinhalt
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): Assuming this means paragraphs-
The Don, a vast super river to which the people and the region are named after, often rips and tears through the sand and clay flats. So consistent is this flood, tearing, and shrinking that it has been used to measure time and punctuate seasons. Making it one of the great focuses of Don culture and folklore. The Don people was in the past a collection of tribes and nomadic war bands under the possession that has been under the influence and active control by much larger empires and powers. Often trading off their cavalrymen and soldiers to fight foreign wars in far off colonies of the region itself serving as a buffer between other colonies or states.

Only recently at the result of a national revival and rising nationalist identity have allowed the Don the true freedom they sought. After decades of insurgencies and then civil war the Nationalist-Confederacy and the Council of War Hosts was made as a centralized military force capable of fighting their imperial chains and burdens. Made original up of criminals, runaways, and vagabond citizens from around the world looking for a place to live the Don provided them a haven for safety. With the establishment of the Confederate Papers of Given Rights have set the backbone for Don feelings of supremacy and furthers many of the war-like aspects of their culture.

Economy(1-3): 1 Limited by the fact most of the Don is a desert. Their main trade is limestone, clay, and agriculture around the Don river.
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses): 3 As a nation that has conscription as part of their cultural norm and horse, camel, ox, and/or donkey riding as not only a past time but as a necessity of life. The desert itself is effectively mapped and many older frontier and colony defenses were revamped since the civil war.
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force): 2 Coordination between naval forces, ground elements is extremely advanced for it's time. However, the ability to deploy and experience fighting outside of the Don as a national force is uncommon.
Technology(1-3): 2 The region isn't known for it's ability to create technological innovation. Rather the ability to copy and build off of existing ideas is their strong point.
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy): 1 As a region known for harboring criminals and aggressive policies against foreigners they are not well received by many.

Numbers and how much
Army(Active): 10,000
Army(Reserve): 20,000
Navy(Active): 10,000
Navy(Reserve): 2,000
Air(Active): 100
Air(Reserve): 6,000

I'm a newcomer to RP in general and I'm swtiching over to night time work soon so I might be doing between 4+ paragraphs on average per post. I'll do my best to be consistent.
Last edited by Free-Don on Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.

The Twelve Isles
Minister

Founded: May 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Twelve Isles » Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:17 pm

We just going from the beginning, because I am do down.
Proud member of the Federation Of Isles.

The Lamplighter will return in times of Blight.
When you are lost in darkness, search for the light.

"The crown and whales will always provide."

Emperor Tyrus Willun The Conqueror.

Crimetopolis
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 10, 2016
Ex-Nation

OOC:

Postby Crimetopolis » Tue Feb 13, 2018 3:29 pm

Are the old nations from the other game here, too? I hope to have the Mauser 06/08 as a sidearm.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:33 pm

Nation Name: Union of Eastern Europe
Nation Territory: Baltics down to Ukraine (including Poland
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): The Polish wanted more land than they had, they struck down the Baltics, then turned to the Ukrainian enclave of russia, and used Hussars and modern gatling guns to scare them back to crimea. They developed some new Muskets and used the Springfield model 1870. They built large Catholic churches around occupied territory, and got in well with the Pope, who supported them. Crusader armour was used in ceremonies, and they built large stadiums like the Greek ones they had read about. The Polish King rebuilt the School system, and started pumping in millions into the schools.

They then started to build large farms for the poor, and formed a parliament like in Britain, but with more power and was elected by people. Nobility ruling everything was frowned upon, and the king became a figurehead, and adopting American Democracy. They also started uniting the people of the Union, encouraging different race marriages. People were getting hopeful, until the king was killed by a assassin, then everything broke down, until the Democratic government took order back and people got better, average but better.

Economy(1-3): 2 They export a lot of Iron , so they get some good money from that along with they usually sell mercenary units to European nations.
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses): 2 As many of NPs defenses are trenches, gatling guns and some traps, and 1841 Model Guns, they aren't the best, but will put up a hard fight against aggressors
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force): 3 1/3 of the Ground Forces are Calvary, and 1/3 regular infantry, they are great at charges, as many of the Horseback are trained in the ways of the Hussars, they are experts at calvary charges. They are equipped with the latest weapons, so they are a well trained and equipped ground force. The navy uses Powerful Steam ships so the navy is well equipped.
Technology(1-3): 3 Poland has access to Old russian scholars that passed down knowledge to the future scholars
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy): 1 They are known to assassinate people they don't get along with a lot.

Numbers and how much
Army(Active): 40,000
Army(Reserve):20,000
Navy(Active):11,000
Navy(Reserve):50,000
Air(Active):900
Air(Reserve):8,000
Last edited by Northern Poland on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Streuburg
Attaché

Founded: Feb 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Streuburg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Tag
Puppet of Hashkin

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:23 pm

Taggity
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:21 pm

To both applicants, please choose territory on the map, then I shall accept you.
and please don't disappear once the IC is up

El Faso
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby El Faso » Tue Feb 13, 2018 11:43 pm

Nation Name: El Faso
Nation Territory: Shoten
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): In 764 AD Santiago I founds the city of Santiago on the Faso river. In 934 the areas surrounding the Faso are united by Carlos III or Carlos the Uniter and decides to call the nation El Faso. In 1235 Gaetan I, also known as Gaetan the Great, invades loads of areas in the southeast of the continent and El Faso has a golden age. Gaetan dies in 1268, but the age of prosperity continues. But in 1304 many of the areas are invaded in the reign of Emmanuel II. In 1573 the new emperor Eduardo IV decides to build a new capital on the sea. It is finished in 1578 and Eduardo calls it San Antonio. Now in 1870 the emperor is the young Gaetan VI and during his reign the economic situation has gotten worse.

Economy(1-3): 1, the nation's economy is mostly based on fishing and on wood exports
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses): 3, because El Faso has compulsory military service they have many troops and they are protected by the vast jungles in El Faso. Fasoans do a lot of guerilla warfare.
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force): 1, because El Faso's airforce is very small and most of the troops are used to their own grounds they are pretty bad at attacking.
Technology(1-3): 2, because El Faso has been so far from other civilizations, they're only catching up now.
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy): 2, El Faso's reputation has fell a lot since the golden age.

Numbers and how much
Army(Active): 30000
Army(Reserve): 15000
Navy(Active): 10000
Navy(Reserve): 2000
Air(Active): 200
Air(Reserve): 700

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:55 am

El Faso wrote:APPLICATION FOR 1870-1940 RP:
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): In 764 AD Santiago I founds the city of Santiago on the Faso river. In 934 the areas surrounding the Faso are united by Carlos III or Carlos the Uniter and decides to call the nation El Faso. In 1235 Gaetan I, also known as Gaetan the Great, invades loads of areas in the southeast of the continent and El Faso has a golden age. Gaetan dies in 1268, but the age of prosperity continues. But in 1304 many of the areas are invaded in the reign of Emmanuel II. In 1573 the new emperor Eduardo IV decides to build a new capital on the sea. It is finished in 1578 and Eduardo calls it San Antonio. Now in 1870 the emperor is the young Gaetan VI and during his reign the economic situation has gotten worse.

Economy(1-3): 1, the nation's economy is mostly based on fishing and on wood exports
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses): 3, because El Faso has compulsory military service they have many troops and they are protected by the vast jungles in El Faso. Fasoans do a lot of guerilla warfare.
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force): 1, because El Faso's airforce is very small and most of the troops are used to their own grounds they are pretty bad at attacking.
Technology(1-3): 2, because El Faso has been so far from other civilizations, they're only catching up now.
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy): 2, El Faso's reputation has fell a lot since the golden age.

Numbers and how much

Accepted, but please, add atleast a province or two extra, you're too small.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 2:03 am

Bumper cars

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:08 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:To both applicants, please choose territory on the map, then I shall accept you.

Robesonian, Chrobalta, and stratovar and if you'll allow New Spherus

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:11 am

Northern Poland wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:To both applicants, please choose territory on the map, then I shall accept you.

Robesonian, Chrobalta, and stratovar and if you'll allow New Spherus

In that case, accepted.

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:16 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Northern Poland wrote:Robesonian, Chrobalta, and stratovar and if you'll allow New Spherus

In that case, accepted.

Cool!

El Faso
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby El Faso » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:22 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
El Faso wrote:APPLICATION FOR 1870-1940 RP:

Numbers and how much

Fenegate and Lubezyk?

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 4:23 am

El Faso wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

Fenegate and Lubezyk?

Approved, welcome.
I plan to make the IC when there are 5 people or one old timer comes.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:17 am

Free-Don wrote:APPLICATION FOR 1870-1940 RP:
Nation Name: The New Confederation of The Don Tribal Hosts
Nation Territory: Reinhalt
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): Assuming this means paragraphs-
The Don, a vast super river to which the people and the region are named after, often rips and tears through the sand and clay flats. So consistent is this flood, tearing, and shrinking that it has been used to measure time and punctuate seasons. Making it one of the great focuses of Don culture and folklore. The Don people was in the past a collection of tribes and nomadic war bands under the possession that has been under the influence and active control by much larger empires and powers. Often trading off their cavalrymen and soldiers to fight foreign wars in far off colonies of the region itself serving as a buffer between other colonies or states.

Only recently at the result of a national revival and rising nationalist identity have allowed the Don the true freedom they sought. After decades of insurgencies and then civil war the Nationalist-Confederacy and the Council of War Hosts was made as a centralized military force capable of fighting their imperial chains and burdens. Made original up of criminals, runaways, and vagabond citizens from around the world looking for a place to live the Don provided them a haven for safety. With the establishment of the Confederate Papers of Given Rights have set the backbone for Don feelings of supremacy and furthers many of the war-like aspects of their culture.

Economy(1-3): 1 Limited by the fact most of the Don is a desert. Their main trade is limestone, clay, and agriculture around the Don river.
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses): 3 As a nation that has conscription as part of their cultural norm and horse, camel, ox, and/or donkey riding as not only a past time but as a necessity of life. The desert itself is effectively mapped and many older frontier and colony defenses were revamped since the civil war.
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force): 2 Coordination between naval forces, ground elements is extremely advanced for it's time. However, the ability to deploy and experience fighting outside of the Don as a national force is uncommon.
Technology(1-3): 2 The region isn't known for it's ability to create technological innovation. Rather the ability to copy and build off of existing ideas is their strong point.
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy): 1 As a region known for harboring criminals and aggressive policies against foreigners they are not well received by many.

Numbers and how much
Army(Active): 10,000
Army(Reserve): 20,000
Navy(Active): 10,000
Navy(Reserve): 2,000
Air(Active): 100
Air(Reserve): 6,000

I'm a newcomer to RP in general and I'm swtiching over to night time work soon so I might be doing between 4+ paragraphs on average per post. I'll do my best to be consistent.

I forgot about this, anyway, accepted. I'm giving you Wellerbania and Linuxia too.
3 provinces minimum people!

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:39 am

Map updated

Kawaii Seals
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Seals » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:24 am

Is this based on earth or is this fantasy?
Hi there person looking at their object with glass! I'm Kawaii Seals, most times the Mediterranean Union in Role Plays on this website's forums.

Right now I'm at a break away from this website so please ask questions later
Thx, Kawaii Seals

I love Alternate History Roleplays and Real World Map Roleplays as well.

Im very active here as well but don't count me on it.

Weird Quotes I've Said

Kawaii Seals wrote:When you wanna take all dat SWEET OIL from the middle east but you know the USA will murder you

Kawaii Seals wrote:*Pokes it*

Yep its definitely dead.

Killed by a WW2 RP they say.

Kawaii Seals
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Seals » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:30 am

Nation Name: The Democratic Republic Of Lesser Europia
Nation Territory: Lesser Europia
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): I am a Big Frog

Economy(1-3):3
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses):2
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force):2
Technology(1-3):3
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy):2

Numbers and how much
Army(Active):500,000
Army(Reserve):250,000
Navy(Active):150,000
Navy(Reserve):100,000
Air(Active):200,000
Air(Reserve):50,000
Hi there person looking at their object with glass! I'm Kawaii Seals, most times the Mediterranean Union in Role Plays on this website's forums.

Right now I'm at a break away from this website so please ask questions later
Thx, Kawaii Seals

I love Alternate History Roleplays and Real World Map Roleplays as well.

Im very active here as well but don't count me on it.

Weird Quotes I've Said

Kawaii Seals wrote:When you wanna take all dat SWEET OIL from the middle east but you know the USA will murder you

Kawaii Seals wrote:*Pokes it*

Yep its definitely dead.

Killed by a WW2 RP they say.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:01 am

Kawaii Seals wrote:APPLICATION FOR 1870-1940 RP:
Nation Name: The Democratic Republic Of Lesser Europia
Nation Territory: Lesser Europia
National History(2 to As Many As You Can): I am a Big Frog

Economy(1-3):3
Defensive Military(1-3)(your defenses):2
Offensive Military(1-3)(army, navy, air balloon force):2
Technology(1-3):3
Reputation(1-3)(aka infamy):2

Numbers and how much
Army(Active):500,000
Army(Reserve):250,000
Navy(Active):150,000
Navy(Reserve):100,000
Air(Active):200,000
Air(Reserve):50,000

2 paragraphs of history minimum. Some description on you stats, and too big army.
Overhaul needed, denied.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents