NATION

PASSWORD

World Baseball Classic 42 Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:43 pm

Confederates celebrate clean sweep against Philamer Isles on opponents home turf.

All concerns about the safety of Confederate players on the The General Luna Football Field have been unfounded as they avoided injuries and played a hard game of B-Ball that showed the newbie team the Confederates were not a team to mess with.

Media outlets who made the trek to Philamer Isles got a first look at the new line up of Team West Phoenicia. A mix of seasoned players from the last 3 World Baseball Classic, plus some fresh players. All worry that the new mix would affect team unity and affect their playing have also been unfounded.

Game 1 saw the Confederates dominate the game, its powerful line up led by Jacob Texas had smashing results gaining 15 runs to 3. The top of the 6th was the Confederates inning scoring 6 runs.

Game 2 and 3 were calmer for both teams with both having moderate run success, West Phoenicia happy they were able to sweep all 3 games.

West Phoenicia will next take on United States of Devonta currently ranked 20 in the WBC on their home turf. With attending a bigger stsdium, the Confederates are confident of some huge turn outs to cheer the team on.

Sangti
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sangti » Sun Feb 04, 2018 5:18 am

Romel and Rosel Yutiengco, a twin who holds season passes for the Indios WBC matches, are excited to see their heroes again when they host New Doltania. Right now they were watching a live feed of the game between New Sangti and Azadeshia, the third of the series. The Sangtians defeated the Azadeshis on days 1 and 2, a 7-4 and a 6-2 to start their WBC campaign at 2-0, while their rivals Abahnfleft and Darmen stumbled to defeat in one of their opening games.

Of course it was a perfect opportunity for the Indios to end the series on a high and solo-lead Group 3 when they go back at Nuevo Ciudad Sangti and host New Doltania. Instead they allowed two runs by the Azadeshia team scored by Deepak Patel and Chitra Ambekar in the second inning. The game was in the seventh inning, and still New Sangti was yet to score a single run.

Mel: Hey Sel, seems our Indios are losing.

Sel: Yep, look at the lethargic faces at the bench, seems that Halapur was indeed a difficult place to go. Their energies get sapped after being very lively for the first two games.

Mel: Hope they'll be back to their usual selves when they play here.

Sel: Have you read the forums?

Mel: For what?

Sel: Seems our underground country has its fate sealed.

Mel: Hah. Why are you so gullible? It's just predictions. After all, those are just gossips we shouldn't believe at first hindsight.

Sel: I hope so. I just want to see these Indios for the rest of our lives.

Mel: Goodness me. At this rate, the Indios will be embarrasingly shut down by these lowly Azadeshis.

Sel: Oh, good grief! I had enough watching this farce! Is there any other sports channels I can view?

Mel: For the Sangtians? No. We are a baseball nation, and seems that they only want baseball here. If you can see foreign channels in our subscription, you can see other sports like football, basketball, or rugby, but this... oh, meh.

Sel: Let's play ball outside. Time to turn off that TV. They're done for the day.
THE ROYAL UNION OF SANGTI AND THE FILINDO ISLES
Region: Esportiva | Sportswire | Trigramme: TRB | Leader: TBA | Libertad Sportswear
Founder, Trofeo de Paz | Co-organizer, IUBC, International Domestic Basketball competition (with Buyan)
Winners, World Baseball Classic 29, NSCAA 6, Federation Club Cup I, Rugby Union World Cup 23 | Qualified for World Cup 68, 69 and 71
<NWW|MOC> Well, I should probably head for bead.
<+Audio> "Tuna has been extortionate since around 2007, stop complaining, jizzballs"
<SNT-FFR> Apparently, I'm not a "good" sports RPer :p
[04:20] <Glo> Ohkay...
[04:20] <Glo> So Esper is officially down
[04:20] <@commerceheights> then how are you sending this message? :P

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:18 am

Hampton Island Sports Brief
Davis Makes Odd Guarantee

The Golden Bears are off to a despicable start, losing their first three games to a nation that they should have been competitive with, and even better then. There is no excuse for this start, and right away people are calling for the head of manager Matthew Davis. It could be fair as he did bring the same team back as last year. Davis defended that move at the beginning of the campaign, saying that they are still the best players on the Island, and that they would be better with last year's experience behind them. Players were interviewed following the third game and all gave the same old and tried lines about it being a long season and that there is still plenty of time, but only a fool would believe that.

Things got interesting in the post-game interview following the third game when Davis was asked if Hampton Island should allow female players to play, given the success that they seem to have on other rosters. Davis told us, "If we don't win two out of three against DEAT by Chocolate, an unranked though tasty nation, we will have the wives and girlfriends or sisters, whatever it takes, of all of our players, play the entire series after that against Scootalove City. It is a ludicrous suggestion to think we need women on the team. Baseball is for men."
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 am

Part One

Baseball Is Dead, Long Live Baseball (Part Two)

"Alice, get down!" Zach Tyler shouted even as he pushed his daughter Alice down behind the cover of the stadium seats, which were admittedly flimsy cover for a terrorist attack on the National Baseball Stadium. Zach himself was just behind Alice when the two suicide bombers detonated their bombs in the middle of the diamond and as he peeked out from behind the cover of the seats, his hand reached down for the pistol in his holster. Only instead of his hand finding the plastic-composite grip of his service pistol, Zach found himself grabbing only empty air because he was in civvies and he had not brought his gun with him, thinking that a baseball game was absolutely safe from any kind of attack or even just fan interference. "Of course, you stupid bastard," Zach muttered to himself. His hand then went down to the right cuff of his dad jeans where he knew the ankle holster holding his Kel-Tec pocket pistol was strapped. He knew that the pistol was always with him because he had made a point of never taking it off except only when he was taking a bath. The pistol was strapped to his ankle even while he was sleeping; a number of attempts on his life and the life of his family had seen to that. Zach drew the pistol and he removed the safety. His palm tightened around the custom-fitted grips made specifically for him and him only.

"Stay down, stay here, and don't move until I tell you to!" Zach told Alice, who nodded her head and wrapped her arms around her ears. But just as Zach was about to stand up to check the damage wrought by the two suicide bombers, he heard the distinctive chatter of fully automatic pistol fire. Zach instinctively ducked behind cover once again and kept only one eye above the seats so he could see what was happening. Two more men, dressed in black like the suicide bombers from earlier and carrying what appeared to be Glock pistols converted to full auto fire had jumped onto the field from the same side where the suicide bombers had come from. However, when the stadium's security personnel tried to confront the two shooters, the shooters looked like they were doing their best not to go full auto on the security, instead aiming for only short bursts and flesh wounds. Zach watched as the two shooters injured the stadium security and made their way down the field towards the dugout of the Revolution players. The way in which the shooters tried to avoid actually killing the security didn't make too much sense to Zach. If the shooters were terrorists then they would have already gunned down the security without a second thought. And they would also be unloading clip after clip into the stands even though there weren't too many people in the stadium following Abanhfleft's poor performances in the World Baseball Classic. The whole thing just didn't make any sense to Zach's criminal detective brain.

With the security personnel now down for the count, clutching at wounds in various areas of their bodies, the shooters reloaded their Glocks and went for the home team's dugout, where some Revolution players had taken shelter. The shooters leveled their pistols at the dugout and opened fire on the players inside. "Death to all traitors to the Democratic Republic!" Zach heard them shout over the gunfire. The screams of pure fear and agony coming from the bullet-ridden dugout eventually became more than even the hardened detective could handle. Zach jumped the barrier between the seats and the field and began walking towards the shooters. "Dad, what are you doing!?" Alice cried out hysterically, but Zach didn't bother to reply. He knew the duty that he must do as a law enforcement officer of the Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft.

However, just as Zach got to within range of the shooters, he saw out of the corner of his eye a figure wearing the blue shirt and gray pants of the Abanhfleft Revolution approaching the shooters from the side. He was armed with nothing but a baseball bat, and a wooden one at that. A part of Zach thought that if he was going to go against two terrorist shooters armed with only a baseball bat then at least he would grab an aluminum bat. Zach couldn't immediately tell who the player was but he knew that it took a pair of very big brass balls to go up against two terrorists wielding automatic weapons with only a glorified club made of maple wood.

The brave and most-probably-dead-meat Revolution player swung his bat with all his might at the back of the head of the terrorist in the rear. Zach heard an oddly satisfying crack! come from where the bat had met the back of the terrorist's skull. The other shooter saw his comrade fall down into an untidy heap on the ground and he swung his Glock around to shoot at the player who had attacked the other terrorist. But when the remaining terrorist pulled the trigger, only one round went out of the gun, and this bullet struck the player in the shoulder, and he dropped his bat and fell down on the ground.

The last terrorist fumbled around his jacket for another magazine, and Zach took the moment to shoot. Three shots rang out, and the last terrorist fell to the ground with three grisly wounds on his chest. Smoke poured out of the barrel of Zach Tyler's Kel-Tec pistol, and his eyes met that of the player who had attacked the terrorists with his bat and was now cradling his injured arm and whom Zach had saved. Zach recognized him as Ibrahim Ahmadinejad, right fielder for the Revolution and the Verbergerkinnh Cubs and prominent baseball blogger. Ahmadinejad nodded his head at Zach and an unspoken gratitude passed between the two of them. Zach then turned around to check if Alice was still okay and that was when he saw his own daughter staring at him with a odd blank look on her face. Zach immediately ran back to her side and asked her, "Are you okay, Alice?"

"Did you just... did you just shoot that guy?" Alice asked him weakly in reply.

"Honey, if I hadn't shot him then he would've shot the Armored Dinner Jacket," Zach replied, and then he embraced Alice and whispered, "It's okay now, Alice. It's all fine. It's all over."

Zach really hoped that everything would be okay. The last time that Alice had gone through a traumatic event like this, well, she hadn't fared really well after that. Zach just wanted to know that Alice wouldn't fall into another dissociative fugue state once again and wander off and get herself hurt or be mistaken for someone she wasn't.

"It's all over now, Alice," Zach repeated as his daughter finally began to sob on his chest.
MUSINGS OF AN ARMORED DINNER JACKET
Official blog of Ibrahim Ahmadinejad, Right Fielder of the Verbergerkinnh Cubs and the Abanhfleft Revolution

WELCOME BACK TO THE NEW AND IMPROVED ABANHFLEFT REVOLUTION (WBC UPSETS STILL APPLY)

Burtegha "Burt" Hokabo of the Abanhfleft Revolution congratulates Jesus Laurel during Game 3 of Abanhfleft's first World Baseball Classic series against New Doltania. Abanhfleft lost Game 1 on extra innings but bounced back to reclaim Games 2 and 3. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Umkhonto Thabowane)

LIVE FROM SOMEWHERE IN NEW DOLTANIA - Well, it's been a long time coming, but the Musings of an Armored Dinner Jacket is back on the menu, boys and girls. Yes, the fact that I relaunched my old blog site on the anniversary of the Riuwiee National Stadium attack in 2017 is no coincidence. No, that ad for the book Baseball Is Dead, Long Live Baseball by Graham Grantham is supposed to be there. I read the book, its telling of the events of the attack itself and the motivations leading up to it, and I have to say that it was absolutely spot on. Not to mention that the interview that I gave to the esteemed Mr. Grantham was used as it was and not to push any sort of agenda, be it his or anyone else's. Now, it's not truly unbiased, but if you want to know about what happened that day in the Riuwiee National Stadium then give his book a read.

Anyway, after the numerous failures that came out of the Revolution's campaigns in the Classics immediately following WBC 35 when the attack happened, it seems that there is finally some light at the end of the seemingly eternal tunnel in which the Revolution have found themselves after nearly winning it all against the Former Bat Slaves of the Nation Formerly Known as Gregoryisgodistan back in the 6th International Baseball Slam. Yes, that's how long ago our national baseball team's moment of greatest success was. Even I can't believe it myself. I was a young and spry player back then. Now I'm just an aging right fielder who's still on the teamsheet simply because the coaches can't be bothered with scouting for younger and better players than I am....

Sorry about that rant. Anyway, back to the real topic at hand. World Baseball Classic 42. Yes, we've made it right back in there despite our lackluster campaign last time around. And we're still ranked 12th somehow so we got that going for us. And there are rumors abound that we are going to play this Classic under new administration. I don't know exactly what that means but I can already feels the effects right here and now. We didn't lose embarrassingly to an unranked team! I know, I haven't felt this feeling too since I began my Revolution career! Okay, so here's the deal: one three-game series at home and one three-game series away. Abanhfleft away to New Doltania. We've faced the Dolts before in football and beat them both times, but who cares about that when we're talking about glorious freaking baseball right here! All right now, but seriously though, here was a matchup where Abanhfleft had maximum chances to absolutely slip up and blow our WBC campaign to smithereens right before it had even started. But no. This time when Abanhfleft lost to the Dolts, it was only after extra innings, and it wasn't even too much of an embarrassing loss because when their shortstop steals bases like that, you can't even be mad. We did pay them back though with two banging wins, one shutout and one absolute murder of the Dolts! You can't make this shit up! I don't know what exactly new administration means for the World Baseball Classic but boy do I like it! Mad credits go to my friends Desmond, Julie, and Ulrika for that mad third inning in Game 3. It's not everyday that you get to see a team score six runs in one inning, but we did it! That's right, we, the Abanhfleft Revolution, did it. So there, "Real Fans"!

Well, that's all for me today. Catch me later with the next series. This is the Armored Dinner Jacket once again saying ciao, peace. Catch you in my next post.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Philamer Isle
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Philamer Isle » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:57 am

THE GENERAL LUNA INQUISITOR
$0.30 / IPP 15 - Available at your nearest newsstands!

SPORT - WORLD BASEBALL CLASSIC
Philamerians lose opening three games, 'dismal' performance slammed by Jakupovic
by The GLI Staff

GENERAL LUNA - First game nerves were obviously set to the players of the Philamer Isle Baseball team, as they lose their opening three matches of their debut WBC to the Confederates of West Phoenicia, giving up a total of 24 runs, including an incredulous amount of runs in their opening game. Fifteen. Fif-fucking-teen.

Team Name        1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Total
West Phoenicia 0 1 1 4 1 1 6 1 0 15
Philamer Island 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 3

Team Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Total
West Phoenicia 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 0 1 5
Philamer Island 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2

West Phoenicia 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 4
Philamer Island 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Ignore the 'Island' name here, seems that WBC media officials are incompetent enough and did not do full research. The official name of the country is 'Island of Philip-Amerigo', yes. But internationally we are called Philamer Isle, not Philamer Island!

In the opening game, Jung Pyo had a terrible time at the mound, with Jakupovic relieving him at the middle of the fourth inning. Short Relief pitcher Linus Saravia did even worse, conceding at least one run in each of the innings he pitched. When he allowed a three-run homer much to the delight of Trevor Rushworth and Jacob Prosper, Jakupovic put long relief Jurgen von Heinrich to finish the game, allowing four more runs to a 15-3 decision.

The Golden Eagles fared much better, but still on the losing end in the second game. Kenchi Dela Pena fared much better than Jung Pyo, only allowing two runs in the first five innings. With the score at 2-1 however, the Confederates found a way to break Kenchi's resolve and hit a two-run homer. With the score at 4-1, Jakupovic put Maria Seferovic at the mound, where she allowed one more run at the final inning before the team scored a run to make the line scores a little more respectable.

It was a different story however at the final game of the series. A walk and a base hit allowed Philamer Isle to grab a two-run lead. It could have been more had jimmy Geelong made a great play to catch the ball to prevent the hosts from scoring another run. It proved to be a catalyst for the Confederates to get back into the game, as their batting power too much for Amelia Petersson and the younger of the Seferovic sisters as they allowed 4 runs in total, and keep the Philamerians winless.

Jakupovic was not happy at the Philamerians performance, but was more annoyed at how the government put the nation in a bad taste as media outlets at West Phoenicia lambasted the lack of facilities and infrastructure in the country. "It's nigh time to put their money on the right resources and not into their pockets." The outspoken manager said after the shellacking they suffered in the opening game.

There were more shenanigans to happen in the three days of games. In game 2, the live feed of the match got cut off at the middle of the fifth inning, with fans only relying on the social media updates from the attending spectators in the series. Local media provider Philamerian Sports TV have apologized to the viewers for the downtime and promised to improve their coverage come the next home games against The United States of Devonta.

The Philamerians will travel to Lycrabon for their next three games. They are tied for second after winning their series against Vangaziland.
The Isle of Philip-Amerigo (IC/Common Name: Philamer Isle)
Trigram: IPA | Region: Rushmore | Capital: Washington, D.M. | Leader: Rodrick Trumpterte
OOC Puppet of Filindostan

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:57 am

World Baseball Classic 42: Free Republics

This is your Second Series Cutoff presented by Googol! Googol: We're Not Evil!

Results

Group 1:

Nova Anglicana 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 3
Drawkland 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 X 5

Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 2 5
Drawkland 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3

Nova Anglicana 0 0 1 1 0 1 3 1 0 7
Drawkland 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 4 8

Team Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 Total
Juvencus 1 1 0 2 2 0 0 1 0 3 10
Cosumar 2 0 0 1 2 2 0 0 0 0 7

Juvencus 0 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3
Cosumar 0 3 0 2 1 0 0 1 X 7

Juvencus 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Cosumar 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 4

Fungsland 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 4
Gratissima 0 0 2 0 0 2 0 1 1 6

Fungsland 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2
Gratissima 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Fungsland 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 3
Gratissima 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 4

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Cosumar 6 5 1 33 23 +10 0.833
2 Drawkland 6 4 2 37 32 +5 0.667
3 Nova Anglicana 6 4 2 34 26 +8 0.667
4 Gratissima 6 2 4 19 24 -5 0.333
5 Juvencus 6 2 4 32 39 -7 0.333
6 Fungsland 6 1 5 19 30 -11 0.167

Group 2:

Ethane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Alpine Union 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 1

Ethane 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 3
Alpine Union 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Ethane 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 4
Alpine Union 2 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 X 6

Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 3
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Team Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 Total
Ferret Civilization 3 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 7
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 6

Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 0 1 3 1 1 1 1 X 11

Pripet Socialist Republic 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 4
New Jarwel 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 2 0 4 1 0 0 0 7
New Jarwel 0 1 3 0 0 1 4 2 X 11

Pripet Socialist Republic 0 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 0 3
New Jarwel 2 0 1 1 2 1 1 0 X 8

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Alpine Union 6 4 2 28 27 +1 0.667
2 Ethane 6 4 2 23 7 +16 0.667
3 New Jarwel 6 3 3 37 32 +5 0.500
4 Ferret Civilization 6 3 3 31 39 -8 0.500
5 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 6 3 3 36 27 +9 0.500
6 Pripet Socialist Republic 6 1 5 14 37 -23 0.167

Group 3:

Darmen 0 2 1 0 1 0 0 2 0 6
Abanhfleft 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Darmen 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 2 4
Abanhfleft 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3

Darmen 1 2 1 1 0 1 4 3 0 13
Abanhfleft 2 2 3 1 0 1 0 3 0 12

New Doltania 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
New Sangti 0 0 0 2 0 0 2 1 X 5

New Doltania 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
New Sangti 0 1 0 1 1 2 1 0 X 6

New Doltania 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 3
New Sangti 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 X 5

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 2 0 0 0 0 2 1 2 0 7
Azadeshia 0 2 2 0 0 3 1 2 X 10

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Azadeshia 0 0 1 1 1 2 0 0 X 5

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1
Azadeshia 0 0 2 2 1 0 1 0 X 6

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 New Sangti 6 5 1 29 12 +17 0.833
2 Darmen 6 5 1 43 31 +12 0.833
3 Azadeshia 6 4 2 29 22 +7 0.667
4 Abanhfleft 6 2 4 44 34 +10 0.333
5 Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 6 1 5 24 41 -17 0.167
6 New Doltania 6 1 5 15 44 -29 0.167

Group 4:

Team Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 Total
Newmanistan 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 2 6
South Covello 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 1 5

Newmanistan 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
South Covello 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Newmanistan 0 0 0 0 4 1 0 0 1 6
South Covello 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 2

Yoannes 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 2
Free Republics 0 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 X 5

Yoannes 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 3
Free Republics 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Yoannes 1 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 4
Free Republics 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 3 X 6

Krossa 0 1 1 0 1 1 2 0 0 6
Carstantinopipal 1 0 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 5

Krossa 0 0 1 0 4 1 0 1 0 7
Carstantinopipal 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Krossa 1 3 1 0 1 3 1 0 1 11
Carstantinopipal 1 1 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 6

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Newmanistan 6 5 1 24 16 +8 0.833
2 Krossa 6 4 2 33 22 +11 0.667
3 Free Republics 6 4 2 33 23 +10 0.667
4 South Covello 6 3 3 25 24 +1 0.500
5 Yoannes 6 1 5 19 29 -10 0.167
6 Carstantinopipal 6 1 5 26 46 -20 0.167

Group 5:

Super-Llamaland 1 2 0 1 0 1 2 1 0 8
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Super-Llamaland 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 3
Maklohi Vai 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Super-Llamaland 0 2 1 0 0 1 0 2 0 5 11
Maklohi Vai 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 6

Sorrentopia 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 3
Sandberg 5 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 X 8

Sorrentopia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Sandberg 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 X 1

Sorrentopia 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 0 2 6
Sandberg 1 2 0 0 1 0 2 0 3 9

North Prarie 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Siroy 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 X 1

North Prarie 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 4
Siroy 0 0 3 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 6

North Prarie 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 5
Siroy 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 4

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Super-Llamaland 6 5 1 31 11 +20 0.833
2 Siroy 6 4 2 26 21 +5 0.667
3 Sandberg 6 4 2 30 24 +6 0.667
4 North Prarie 6 2 4 14 20 -6 0.333
5 Maklohi Vai 6 2 4 22 36 -14 0.333
6 Sorrentopia 6 1 5 23 34 -11 0.167

Group 6:

Scootalove City 0 4 2 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 9
Hicana 2 0 1 1 1 0 0 4 0 0 4 13

Scootalove City 1 1 0 1 2 2 0 1 1 9
Hicana 0 2 3 0 0 3 2 1 X 11

Scootalove City 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 6
Hicana 1 2 1 0 1 0 3 0 X 8

DEAT By Chocolate 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 1 3
Hampton Island 1 0 0 1 4 0 0 1 X 7

DEAT By Chocolate 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
Hampton Island 1 1 0 0 0 0 2 1 X 5

DEAT By Chocolate 0 3 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 4
Hampton Island 2 0 1 0 1 1 2 1 X 8

Humaliwo 1 0 0 0 0 3 4 0 0 8
Banija 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 5 9

Humaliwo 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Banija 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 X 3

Humaliwo 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 1 0 6
Banija 3 0 0 0 1 2 0 1 X 7

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Hicana 6 6 0 66 43 +23 1.000
2 Banija 6 6 0 35 24 +11 1.000
3 Hampton Island 6 3 3 29 25 +4 0.500
4 Scootalove City 6 3 3 46 46 +0 0.500
5 Humaliwo 6 0 6 29 41 -12 0.000
6 DEAT By Chocolate 6 0 6 28 54 -26 0.000

Group 7:

Schiltzberg 0 1 3 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 1 8
Tenburg 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 3 2 0 0 0 7

Schiltzberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2
Tenburg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Schiltzberg 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 3 1 5
Tenburg 0 0 0 1 0 2 1 0 0 4

The Sherpa Empire 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 5
Northwest Kalactin 2 1 3 0 0 1 0 2 X 9

The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 1 6
Northwest Kalactin 0 2 2 0 1 2 1 2 X 10

The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3
Northwest Kalactin 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 3 X 8

Melbergia 0 1 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 3
St Saratoga 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Melbergia 2 2 1 1 0 1 0 2 0 9
St Saratoga 0 2 6 0 1 2 0 0 X 11

Melbergia 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
St Saratoga 0 1 0 1 0 2 0 0 X 4

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Schiltzberg 6 6 0 46 20 +26 1.000
2 St Saratoga 6 4 2 34 31 +3 0.667
3 Northwest Kalactin 6 4 2 44 31 +13 0.667
4 Tenburg 6 2 4 31 30 +1 0.333
5 The Sherpa Empire 6 1 5 29 47 -18 0.167
6 Melbergia 6 1 5 23 48 -25 0.167

Group 8:

Cassadaigua 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 1 4
Equestrian States 0 0 0 1 0 1 2 1 X 5

Cassadaigua 1 0 1 0 1 1 2 0 0 6
Equestrian States 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 1 4

Cassadaigua 0 0 2 1 0 1 0 0 0 4
Equestrian States 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2

Ngongo 2 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 1 2 10
Lisander 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 3 1 0 8

Ngongo 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 3
Lisander 4 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 X 6

Ngongo 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 4
Lisander 1 0 0 4 0 0 0 0 X 5

Kita-Hinode 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Ko-oren 3 2 1 1 0 0 2 1 X 10

Kita-Hinode 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
Ko-oren 0 0 1 0 1 5 0 0 X 7

Kita-Hinode 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 3
Ko-oren 1 0 3 0 0 0 0 1 X 5

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Ko-oren 6 6 0 48 23 +25 1.000
2 Cassadaigua 6 4 2 35 26 +9 0.667
3 Equestrian States 6 3 3 25 22 +3 0.500
4 Lisander 6 2 4 37 43 -6 0.333
5 Ngongo 6 2 4 25 33 -8 0.333
6 Kita-Hinode 6 1 5 20 43 -23 0.167

Group 9:

West Phoenicia 0 4 2 2 1 0 0 1 0 10
United States of Devonta 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 4

West Phoenicia 0 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 1 0 0 0 5
United States of Devonta 1 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 6

West Phoenicia 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2
United States of Devonta 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 X 3

Tierra Fuego 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 1 0 4
Vangaziland 0 0 0 3 0 0 2 0 X 5

Tierra Fuego 1 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 0 4
Vangaziland 1 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 5

Tierra Fuego 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Vangaziland 3 1 1 2 0 0 0 2 X 9

Philamer Island 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 2
Lycrabon 0 2 0 3 0 0 0 0 X 5

Philamer Island 0 0 0 2 1 1 3 0 3 10
Lycrabon 2 0 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 6

Philamer Island 0 1 0 2 1 1 1 1 1 8
Lycrabon 2 1 1 3 1 1 0 0 X 9

Group 9:
G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 West Phoenicia 6 4 2 41 20 +21 0.667
2 Lycrabon 6 4 2 41 39 +2 0.667
3 Vangaziland 6 4 2 38 29 +9 0.667
4 United States of Devonta 6 3 3 30 31 -1 0.500
5 Tierra Fuego 6 2 4 22 36 -14 0.333
6 Philamer Island 6 1 5 27 44 -17 0.167
Last edited by Free Republics on Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:01 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Schiltzberg
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Schiltzberg » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:37 am

GEOGRAPHY OF SCHILTZBERG

The land area of Schiltzberg is approximately 1,029,000 square kilometers, which spans across the center of the European continent. This makes Schiltzberg the 29th-largest country in the world and the second-largest country in Europe by land area. Schiltzberg is so large that it spans all the way from northern Europe to southern Europe, spanning from the North Sea to the Adriatic Sea.

Economically, Schiltzberg is located in a prime location, as they control port cities for large bodies of water on both the north and south side of their territory. This makes Schiltzberg one of the world leaders in shipping and exports, and it makes Schiltzberg a perfect location for merchant centers and trade.

Politically and militarily, Schiltzberg has a great advantage from its large size. Since its territory spreads north to south all the way across Europe, it has the unique military advantage of being the only nation that shares a border with both eastern Europe and western Europe. No nation may get from east Europe to west Europe without crossing Schiltzberg, unless they travel by sea.

Schiltzberg started out as a small nation of only approximately 1,100 square kilometers, but the country gained a lot of territory due to war victories in the nineteenth and twentieth centuries. These territorial gains account for the majority of Schiltzberg's land area today. The rest of the land was acquired by nations who peacefully signed treaties to join Schiltzberg, those nations being the former Benelux countries, who were weak after the Third World War and joined Schiltzberg for military and economic support.

Schiltzberg's climate varies slightly from the north to the south. The southern region typically experiences hotter summers, while the northern region experiences harsher winters. All of Schiltzberg undergoes the four seasons, though they may be moderate in some areas, due to proximity to large seas. With a high population density, there is hardly any wilderness in Schiltzberg, but some can be found in the mountains of Austria and New France. Mountain ranges in these provinces attract skiers from across Europe.

The province of New Italy has famous beaches along the Adriatic coast, made famous for their white sand. Some of the northern provinces also have beaches on their coasts, but they are much more seasonal, since the summers are typically more moderate and shorter.
Fan of: Baseball, Impractical Jokers, U2, Luxembourg, Chicago Cubs, Bob Dylan
Former President of the World Baseball Classic
Winners of World Baseball Classics 33, 35, 36, and 37
Proud Author of the World Baseball Classic History Factbook
Author of Poems, Poems II, and Poems III
Roman Catholic
High School Student
Creative Writer
From Chicago, IL, USA
Fan of NationStates and Jennifer Government
SEND ME A TELEGRAM!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The people in my songs are all me."

-- Bob Dylan

Officially NationStates' #1 Dylan Fan

Northwest Kalactin
Minister

Founded: Aug 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Northwest Kalactin » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:49 am

We sweeped them
Team Name           1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Total
The Sherpa Empire 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 5
Northwest Kalactin 2 1 3 0 0 1 0 2 X 9

The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 2 1 6
Northwest Kalactin 0 2 2 0 1 2 1 2 X 10

The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3
Northwest Kalactin 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 3 X 8

Wow that was a pretty awesome series 3-0 let’s get to the game results

Game 1
Subramaniyan Patel was first up for the Sherpa empire he hit it to the outfield for a walk on home run, then the Sherpa’s got a hit the next two batters struck out next the northwest kalactanian players were up the kalactanian players scored 2 runs the next inning the Sherpa empire got another run to tie it up but the northwest kalactanians got a run now the game was 3-2, Northwest Kalactin got 3 runs to make it 6-2 then the sherpas scored after that we had a scoreless 5th inning then the Northwest Kalactanians scored, was the Sherpa empire going to come back? It was 7-3 after a scoreless 8th inning the northwest kalactanians and the Sherpa empire both scored 2 runs the Sherpa empire didn’t score after that ending the game at a score 9-5

Game 2
The second game kinda went like the first one except the Northwest kalactanians took a 4-0 lead at first then it was 5-1 after the Sherpa empire and Northwest Kalactin scored in the fifth inning then come the high scoring part of the game the kalactanian ps scored 2 making it 7-1 then the Sherpa empire scored making it 7-3 Kalactin scored again it was 8-3 now after all the high scoring the kalactanians won 10-6 in a good game

Game 3
Game 3 was the last game of the series and definitely the game Northwest Kalactin excelled in the northwest kalactanians took a 8-0 lead not to mention 3 runs by John Willson They was great our defense was playing good to not a single error at a very big hitters park but in the ninth inning the Sherpa empire scored three runs although the northwest kalactanians won by five runs we still didn’t do good on the ninth inning

So overall it was a very good series for Northwest Kalactin
AO Lacrosse Invitational 2 Champions
World Twenty20 Championship X Champion
Cup of Harmony 78 Host
RP population: 23 million
AOHC 7
All India Cup 1
MAC 5&6
Gold Coast Basketball Tournament 1
World Lacrosse Championships XXXV
NSCF Mineral Conference
Coffs 7’s I

I don’t use NS stats
Kalactinator 1.00

Cassadaigua
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Cassadaigua » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:33 pm

CAB Shocked By Hampton Island Manager Comment,
by Katie Jackson, Concord Heights Times

As games in the World Baseball Classic continue to go by, and we await the first home game for our beloved Dagans, it is only natural for us to check out what is going on in the world of baseball. So far, not a whole lot, until we stumbled up a remark made by a man by the name of Matthew Davis. Never heard of him? No, I hadn’t really, either, but now he’s definitely a known commodity in Cassadaigua. Matthew Davis is the manager of the Hampton Island team. Not a nation that we know a whole lot about, but they did play in the Classic last time, and failed to qualify. Following his team being swept by Banija in the first three games, Davis told his hometown reporters that, “Baseball is for men.” Now, there are always going to be a lot of people who think that way and the common fan is entitled to their opinion. If the national team has always consisted of men, then why would they believe that a woman could also have success. We can look in the mirror and say, why would a man have success in Cassadaigua. However, this is not where I am going with this article, and its not what has gotten CAB (Cassadagan Association for Baseball) upset. Davis is not merely a fan, he is the manager of a national team. It might not be one of the great teams in the World Baseball Classic, but there is a measure of responsibility that he takes on.

Lauren Friedman, the spokesperson for CAB did make a statement on the matter, and here it is!
“The comments made by Mr. Davis are absolutely disgraceful. He cannot be serious to think that baseball is for men, only. It is an insane comment, especially given that the defending champions from Newmanistan have an entirely female roster, just like we do. Our coach is from Super-Llamaland, and had a great playing career with the Tigers, and won World Baseball Classic 40 as a bench coach for that team. Our team is all women, so right there, you have three of the four semifinalists showing that baseball is not only for men. It’s not even only for humans, just look at the amazing ponies that are fielded by the Equestrian States, for example. He used women playing baseball as a punch line for a joke, and we just do not think that is appropriate. There are female athletes in Hampton Island who were just completely demoralized by your comment. You don’t have to apologize to us, we’ve heard it before, but I can only imagine how devastating the remarks are for your own people.”

Naturally, Preston I. Grant, the President of MEN (Male Equality Now) took a shot at Friedman’s response, “MEN believes that baseball is for both genders to enjoy. While Mrs. Friedman is correct to say that Mr. Davis’ comments are unfortunate, I think she might be forgetting a little something. That is, of course, that men in Cassadaigua are dealing with the same obstacles that women may be dealing with in a country that we do not much about. Instead of concerning herself with equality in Hampton Island, how about she concerns herself with equality right here in Cassadaigua, and stop being a hypocrite. While I support our baseball team, it once again is a team full of women, and men are again not given an opportunity. There are many examples of successful mixed rosters, but we will never be one of them at this pace.”
NS Sports’ only World Cup, World Bowl, World Cup of Hockey, World Baseball Classic and International Basketball Championships winner!

(Motorsports, college basketball, and volleyball, too)

Specific Titles: World Cup 50, 51; WBC 14, 16, 19, 50 & 58; WB 8, 22, & 40; WCOH 11 & 39; IBC 13.
Also: CR 40 & 43; CoH 39; Swamp Soccer 4, RTC WC 18 & 19; WVE 6; NSCAA 3, 5 & 9; NSSCRA 7
Runner Up: CoH 40, CR 37, 38 & 41; WB 21, WcoH 8, IBC 12, WBC 13, 15, 47 & 48, DBC 21.
WC Qualified for: 45, 46, 49-61, 67, 79 (DNP WC 69-77), 81-90, 92.
XIII Summer Olympiad: 2nd Most Medals
Hosted: WC 54, 67, 84 & 88; CoH 57 & 73, BoF 47, CR 30, WB 16, WBC 18, 26, 40, 45 & 50, NSCAA, NSCH 1; WLC 7, 30 & 33.

The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Derpy Democratic Republic Of Herp » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:36 pm

TDDROH Sports chat

Mini update: Who pumped the brakes?
Group 6:

Scootalove City 0 4 2 0 1 0 0 1 1 0 0 9
Hicana 2 0 1 1 1 0 0 4 0 0 4 13

Scootalove City 1 1 0 1 2 2 0 1 1 9
Hicana 0 2 3 0 0 3 2 1 X 11

Scootalove City 1 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 1 6
Hicana 1 2 1 0 1 0 3 0 X 8

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.

I honestly don't know how this happened? We were doing great but then we just ran out of steam?

In every game we played, Hicana got a three run homer or a grandslam.

I think our team was just blown away from just being tired. But that's my only theory.

Get back up and keep fighting Unicorns.

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:12 pm

It's still early in World Baseball Classic 42. Groups still have a lot of shaping up to follow before any order is settled. The Vangaziland Royals came out motivated for their second series. The team got off to a rough start against Lycrabon in their first series. Now Vangaziland would face an unranked side in Tierra Fuego. Vangaziland enters WBC 42 ranked 30th.

"Our sights are set on the future", said Manager Don Haverly. "To do that, we have to start playing well today. The talent is there, but the team will have to knuckle down in an incredible way to advance. There are also some really tough teams in the way, even in our conference. But we must give our best efforts."

Game 4

Nate Henli started off the game pitching 3 scoreless innings. He hoped to help the team recover after a 2 game skid.

Things didn't start to heat up until the 4th inning. Tierra Fuego was up first and opened scoring up with one run. Luckily enough, the inning's last out came soon afterwards bringing the Vangazi up to bat. The Royals would tally a 3 run homerun by Carlos Hernandez, switching the lead.

Okogan hit a pop fly which ended that inning with a runner on 3rd. Nate Henli came back out to pitch for Vangaziland. He gave up a run in the 5th but wasn't taken out until after the 6th where he gave up his third run of the game.

Vangaziland would have a long inning in the 7th where they grinded 2 runs out across the bases. Pete Kelderssen brought the inning's last run home on a double which bounced off the wall. The second baseman was fresh off a solid double play to close the last inning.

Vangaziland was now up 5 to 3. They'd allow the 4th run in the 8th inning. Closer Manny Mathissen came in to pitch the 9th and ended it without incident, giving Vangaziland the close win.

Game 5

Jamaal Edlund started things for Vangaziland on the mound. He hoped to keep momentum going after the last close win. He gave up a run early in the 1st inning but regained control with a big strikeout to end the inning. It was one of those momentum stealing endings which could have easily seen TF score another run or two.

The Royals would answer in the 1st, 2nd and 4th innings until Edlund gave up another to TF in the 5th. His ugliest inning was the 6th where the Vangazi gave up 2 runs. The manager didn't intervene, letting him pitch his way out of the situation.

"It'll be good for him", said Coach Haverly. "He's 27, but this event will show him a lot. Especially when we play West Phoenicia. It's best to help him develop his confidence. But if he started really giving up runs, I'd take him out."

Daniel Cortez came in at the 7th's start for relief. He would stay in until the end of the 9th. Endo's RBI single in the 7th had the score tied 4-4. Manny Mathissen came in to pitch the 10th.

Mack Akoye ended the game with a 1 run homer sliced just over the left field wall.

Game 6

After winning his first game, Del Bjornberg was back up on the rotation. His goal was to close out the series with a sweep, helping the Royals earn much needed points against an unranked team.

"The season is a marathon", Bjornberg said before the game. "There are only two spots to advance. We're not one of the top 2 teams in the Group. Do the math. We have to really play hard to advance. That's what's on our mind as we go on the field tonight."

Bjornberg got off to a good start. In fact, he pitched scoreless inning after scoreless inning. Vangaziland also tore up the field at bat, having their strongest offensive outing of the season's start. Things came together on both sides of the field to help Vangaziland close the series wih a 9-0 victory at home.

Bjornberg pitched the entire game and did give up several hits, but tallied the shutout.

"It was a long game for Del", said Pitching Coach Juan Manuel Sanchez. "but we rested at least one reliever and our closer." Del had been watching the batters closely, including tape between games 4 & 5 to prepare. "We felt he had a handle on the game worth following. In baseball, you go with what works."

Vannish scoring started and ended with two big home runs, including a 3 run homer by Chuck Endo on his first at bat. Jacob Sren's 2 run homerun was considered the game's 'nail in the coffin'.

The Royals would move to 4-2 after a tough rough first series against Lycrabon.

Newmanistan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 17, 2005
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Newmanistan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:44 pm

THE ROCKET REPORT

LET’S GET READY TO PARTY!

By Taylor Larson,

It took a while. After all, the Rockets have already played six games in the World Baseball Classic, and after a sweep in Gregoryisgoneistan, or South Covello, Newmanistan sits on top of the group with a 5-1 record. It was not an easy sweep, as two of the games required extra innings, but the Rockets found a way to pull them off, and you have to like that. After all, one of the secrets to beating the Rockets would always be to get us to extras, get the starters out of the game, and hope you pull it off. I’ll talk a little bit more about those games later. First, I want to party. I want to celebrate.

And that’s exactly what going to happen at Emperor Michael I Stadium in Pocono City for the home opener against Free Republics. It’s going to be night to reflect on the amazing run of the Rockets during World Baseball Classic 41. Let’s take a look at the planned festivities.

First, there will be all kinds of activities for kids around the ballpark and on the concourses. There will be heavy tailgating going on in the parking lot, I’m sure. In fact, that is going on now, as I met this group of fans from up the road in Scratena that made the trip, and they offered me some amazing chili dogs, with an adult beverage to wash it down. There was plenty of sky blue fever going on, with the Newmanistan flag raised on so many vehicles. They talk about a hangover, like Brianne Henry did in her last article, and maybe that was the case, but hangovers can come to an end. Maybe, we just weren’t as into the start as were others, seeing the six road games to start the year but eventually hangovers wear off, and you go back out drinking for more. I had plenty of experience with that in my college days, and maybe it is another wild party that gets that drive to succeed back.

There will be plenty of action on the field as well, prior to the game. Emperor Michael V himself will made an address to the fans behind home plate prior to the game. This is something that we have not seen past leaders do very often, as while they would attend games here and there, making that large of an appearance is uncommon. Joining his Highness out on the field will be other members of the Royal Family as well as descendants of many of our superstars from prior championship teams. Current coach Ashley Stevens will be awarded gifts prior to the game, and we have not yet been told what they will be. In addition to all this, a pennant will be revealed on the outfield wall in honor of the World Baseball Classic 41 title. One thing Emperor Michael V did announce today is that all non-adult beverages will be 42-cents at the concession stands, in honor of this Classic. His Highness will pick up the tab for the vendors to make it worth their while. Game time weather in Pocono City is supposed to be perfect, with 75-degrees and only a slight breeze expected at the time of the first pitch. Bright sun is expected, so perhaps the outfielders might not like that, but we are talking about world class athletes on both sides of the field. The Free Republics, the opponent, is not only the host of this year’s playoffs, but also a pretty good team in their own right. They will look to spoil the party for us, but perhaps we will be celebrating there at the end of this thing.

So tell me, what are you doing to celebrate our home opener?

What did the World Baseball Classic 41 title mean for you?

Email me your responses and I will publish my favorites in a future article. Until then, time for another adult beverage, and to get the pre-party started!
Six-time World Baseball Classic Champions
Now just here to run NSSCRA. Thank you to the community for all the fun in other sports.
NEWMANISTAN SPORTING ACHIEVEMENTS:
CHAMPIONSHIPS: DBC 4; 27th BoF; CoH 34, 36, & 37; Oxen Cup 12; WBC 10, 12, 15, 17, 41, & 43; IBC 4, 5, & 29; CE 26; WLC 1
Runner Up: DBC 5 & 6; Oxen Cup 6; WBC 7,9 11, 14, & 45; IBC 1; WB 4, 6 & 34; WLC 2 & 3
World Cups qualified for: 46, 48 (R of 16), 49, 50, 54
Hosted: WORLD CUP 49, WB 1, 2, 5, & 35; WBC 8, 11, 14, 19, 38, 44, & 46; CoH 33, 35, & 39; CE 25, WLC 2, 4 & 5; WCoH 10, IBC 24, NSSCRA, Multiple NSCAA Basketball Tournaments, and a horse racing series

The Sherpa Empire
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Sherpa Empire » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:37 pm

The reporter from Sherpa Imperial Sports Network was dark and burly with a slight southern accent. "I'm here with Sherpa national baseball team manager Dinesh Mohn," he said to the camera. Then he turned to Mohn. "So you guys had a tough series here in Northwest Kalactin, but you've got some home games coming up against St. Saratoga. Do you think you can turn things around?"

"Yeah, I do," said Monh. "We did have a tough series, but every day is a new day. You know, when you get out on the field, you can't be worrying about what happened the day before. You've gotta be thinking about, 'How can we win today?' Obviously, we didn't win today, but I think we can do better."

"Well, that's something to look forward to," said the interviewer. "I certainly hope you can turn things around. But let's talk about tonight. What do you think went wrong out there?"

"Our offense took a while to get going, and obviously we had some problems with our pitching in the 7th and 8th inning," said Mohn.

"Do you think it was a mistake to pull Ihawa? He only gave up 2 runs in 6 innings, so some people might have left him in."

"You know what they say: hindsight is always 20/20," said Mohn. "I don't know what would have happened if I kept Ihawa in the game, but when I made the decision to pull him, I didn't know how that was going to turn out. Ihawa told me before the game that he wasn't feeling that great, you know, he said he was coming down with a cold, so I thought I could use the bullpen and let him get some rest."

"All right," said the interviewer. "One more question, and then I'll let you go. There have been rumors that some of the players aren't getting along, particularly Xi and Ihawa. Do you think that was a factor in how you're doing on the field?"

"No," said Mohn. "You know, you're always going to have different personalities, but I think we all know how to put that aside and play together as a team."

"All right," said the interviewer. "Well, thank you for your time and good luck against St. Saratoga."

"My pleasure," said Mohn.

When he got back into the clubhouse, Mohn found Jianhou Qiu and Hanyi Yang dressed in elaborate brightly-colored Chinese opera costumes with pheasant-feather headdresses, dancing on a bench and singing in ear-piercing falsetto voices while other players rolled on the floor laughing. Some of them were eating and passing around a bottle of baijiu. Qiu paused in mid-dance -- with arms raised, hands in a delicate gesture, and head tilted conquettishly -- when he noticed Mohn glaring at him. Yang lost his balance and fell off the bench, landing on two other players and causing one of them to spill a plate of curry.

"WHAT THE HELL IS GOING ON HERE????" Mohn bellowed angrily.

"I found the opera costumes in my duffle bag when I was looking for a towel," Nawang Gurung explained. "My mom must have put them in my luggage when she helped me pack."

Qiu lowered his hands an blushed bright red.

"What would people think if they saw you acting like this in the clubhouse?" Mohn said. "It's one thing if you lose a game, but this is just unprofessional! Come here!" He pulled Yang up off the floor. "You too!" He pointed at Qiu. The other players stepped aside to make way for Qiu as he climbed down from the bench. Mohn marched both of them down the hall toward the dugout.

"Where are we going?" Yang asked, stumbling over his bright silk robe.

"There's a reporter from SISN out there," Mohn explained. "I want you to explain yourselves to him."

"What? You can't make us go on TV like this!" Qiu protested.

"Then why are you dressed like that?" Mohn demanded.

"It was just a joke!"

"OK, I won't make you go out there," said Mohn. "But promise me you'll get your shit together."

"I promise," said Qiu.

"I promise too" said Yang.

They turned around and went back. In the clubhouse Tao Xi and his wife were talking, and she sounded upset. "It's racist," she said. "They eat all the Sherpa food and the Indian curry, but they don't eat any of the Chinese food. I spend hours cooking because I want to do something nice for the team, and then nobody eats it."

"You shouldn't let them get you so upset," Xi said. "It just means they have no taste."

Behind them, Dorjee Sherpa was asking Mingyang Zhang -- Jangbu Hareq's Sichuanese wife --which dishes she had made and helping himself to large servings of whatever she pointed out. A couple of other people came over and snagged their own helpings of Mingyang's spicy tofu and fried jiaozi. Dewa Liang, who was never one for refined manners, grabbed the last of the jiaozi with his fingers and popped into his mouth without bothering to use a plate. "Mm, good," he said.

"They're racist!" Huihui Lin insisted.

Mohn put his hand on her shoulder and told her, "Don't take it personally." He knew perfectly well why nobody wanted to eat anything that Lin had cooked, but he was diplomatic about it because he wanted to calm things down. "People like what they like."

Lin pouted at him and stomped out in a huff.

༄༅། །འགྲོ་བ་མི་རིགས་ག་ར་དབང་ཆ་འདྲ་མཉམ་འབད་སྒྱེཝ་ལས་ག་ར་གིས་གཅིག་གིས་གཅིག་ལུ་སྤུན་ཆའི་དམ་ཚིག་བསྟན་དགོས།
Following new legislation in The Sherpa Empire, life is short but human kindness is endless.
Alternate IC names: Sherpaland, Pharak

Hampton Island
Envoy

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Hampton Island » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:43 pm

Hampton Island Sports Brief
Golden Bears Sweep Chocolate Lovers

The Golden Bears recovered from an 0-3 start, temporarily at least, by sweeping the oddly named DEAT by Chocolate. They have a lot of players on their team that makes you want to crave the best dessert known to man, but fortunately the Golden Bears were focused on the games. Playing at home in Stafford City, the team won the games solidly, 7-3, 5-2, and 8-4. They will next prepare to play another oddly named nation, Scootalove City. Are cities in Scootalove City called countries? They are one of the best teams in the tournament (don't tell that to Hicana), so we do not want to pick on them to much. Speaking of other countries, manager Matthew Davis was relieved of having to back up his guarantee, although Jennifer Hutchinson of Stafford City said that, "Davis said two out of three. He didn't say all three. I want the women to play, I want them to show Davis that they can be good too!" Davis did get the attention of Cassadaigua, who blasted his remarks.

Davis did not back down and may have further infuriated media from Cassadaigua by saying, "I have someone named Katie Jackson at the Concord Heights Times criticizing me. One thing I learned at an early age is that you do not trust someone named Katie with anything important at all. Katherine, sure. Kate, sure. Those names show a greater maturity. Katie? This isn't sixth grade anymore, hunny". As for the comments made by Lauren Friedman, a spokesperson for Cassadaigua's baseball league, Davis stated, "Have you looked at your own roster, my dear? Don't lecture me on equality." While Davis may further alienate himself with women in Hampton Island and maybe across the world, one of the players has been a little more supportive. Shortstop Patrick Seguin told us, "Maybe it is time for us to begin opening the doors for our women to play baseball and not softball. I will be happy to support any such effort."
Campionato Esportiva 28 Champions
Two-time World Cup Qualifier (85, 86)
NSSCRA Also-rans

North Prarie
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby North Prarie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:25 pm

The Stonebridge Times-WBC 42 Report

By Francine Johnson

Our Prariean boys have had a OK start to their first World Baseball Classic, upsetting defending runners-up Super Llamaland, and beating Siroy. However, they have lost both series and now stand at 2-4, going to play the current #5 team in the pool, Makalhi Vai (I hope I got that right) tommorrow, one of the games will be at Pompeii Park in Highland. I hope our boys can win the series, I've heard Nick Munksgaard has been good in the cages.

In other WBC news, Cassadigua blasted manager of Hampton Island Matthew Davis, after stating "baseball is for men" after being sweeped by an all-female roster. Then, Mr. Davis responded to Cassadigua by making incredibly sexist remarks, even saying that the reporters' name was immature. President Zylstra, the head of the North Prarie Sports Commission, the manager of the team, Mark Carlson, and many players and government officials have condemned Matthew and his remarks, President Zylstra saying "This is completely immature, disgraceful, and deplorable. He should be banned from the tournament and fired. He said incredibly sexist things, then backed them up by calling the reporter discredable because of her name. Matthew Jackson is hereby banned from ever visiting Norh Prarie, and I urge our allies to do the same." We are yet to see the response from the president of the WBC Council and defending champion Newmanistan or host Free Republics. This shows that sexism is still in ohr world, and still in sports. I hope that changes.
Last edited by North Prarie on Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
North Prarie. Prarie. Proud TSPer. DemSoc.
Hosting Experience
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament
Copa South Pacifica 1
WPIC 5
Sporting Acheivments
Round of 16 at Handball World Cup 20
Women's Hockey Round of 16 at Prescott Winter Olympics 13
Prarie Classic Baseball Tournament Champions

Prariean Airlines-Pompeii Industries Luxury Cars-Phoenix Luxury Hotels (V2 Coming Soon)-Stonebridge Simbacat International Airport-Embassy Program
SBT BottomLine-President Valieant welcomes first child Pax, Social Democrats gain big wins in Parliament elections, Lions win NPBL, Cavaliers win Prarie Hockey Cup, NPFA announces slow move away from world affairs

Lycrabon
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 20, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Lycrabon » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:58 pm

ST. CATHERINE - Another series, another 2 of 3. Philamer Island visited St. Catherine, and game one had a dominant complete game pitching performance by . Grant Delgado racked up two homers in game 1, a two-run and a three-run shot.

Noah Cassidy (0-1) took the loss in game 2, allowing 3 in the seventh to choke the lead away. Six different players knocked in runs in the loss. Derek Nicholson, Ben Delacruz, and Garrett Humphrey all had solo home runs for the Blue Jays

George Little (1-1) picked up the win in game three, allowing 5 runs in 6 innings. Ron Fritz and Jack Lane had RBIs for the Jays, while Frank Cortez had a two-run triple. Little helped his own cause with a three-run bomb in the fourth. Will Armstrong (3) picked up another save.

All stats through 6 games
RBI:
Delgado (13)
McGee (3)
Fritz (5)
Lane (5)
Cortez (2)
Nicholson (3)
Delacruz (3)
Little (3)
Humphrey (2)

HR:
Delgado (3, 1 grand slam)
Nicholson (2)
Little (1)
Humphrey (1)

Pitching:
Little - (1-1)
Franklin - (1-0)
Brandt - (1-0)
Lewis (1-0)
Cassidy (0-1)
Armstrong - (0-0, 3 SV)
Last edited by Lycrabon on Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Embassy information NS Wiki: NS Wiki page (work in progress) Factbook (Work in progress)
Formerly Republic of Barnettsville (IC liberated and disbanded via war)
As Lycrabon:
World Baseball Classic XX Champion
Saugeais Baseball Tournament I: 3rd Place
WBC 18-19 Quarterfinals

Under former regime:
WB VII-X; BOI quarterfinals; IV Summer Olympics; WC 49/BoF 36
WBC 12 quarterfinals

Hosting:
WBC 17 and 24, NSCF 2 Woodlands Conference

Humaliwo
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Humaliwo » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:34 pm

An Adjustment of Expectations
by Harrison Wright

LOST HILLS, Humaliwo - There is an air of desperation beginning to creep into the corners of Las Vegas Stadium. It has not yet infiltrated the atmosphere of the team, but there are signs. The glimmers of hope are dimmed, the hustle and sense of liveliness that was there so recently is no longer quite as strong, as though there is a dark force holding down the players and the staff.

There is, in a sense, of course.

“No team is going to be pleased with being 0-6. Even if we’re not last in the group, we’re one of only two defeated teams in the whole tournament. That stings, and even the most solid guys have to be looking at things from a more objective angle - did we expect too much too soon?”

The cutting analysis from sportscaster Marion Bradley after the third and final game of the series in Banija should resonate with all of us - from the team manager down to those of you reading the article paired with your morning coffee.

Group 6 Results

Humaliwo 1 0 0 0 0 3 4 0 0 8
Banija 0 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 5 9

Humaliwo 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
Banija 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 X 3

Humaliwo 0 0 0 2 3 0 0 1 0 6
Banija 3 0 0 0 1 2 0 1 X 7

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.

∆: Banija +1, Hampton Island +1, Scootalove City -2

It is not surprising, per se, that we are near the bottom of the table. We are, after all, one of the unranked teams entering the tournament for the first time, and we’ve already played the top-seed. It’s not shocking that we would be coming in with at least a few losses.

To be dead last in the entire competition, though, outside of group mate DEAT By Chocolate, who we have only stayed ahead of by virtue of a superior run difference, is disappointing. For some, it is astonishing.

The Waves were predicted by many to wind up with around 10 wins, at a pace of just about one per series. Looking at that, we see that they’re really not that distant from the pace - 0-6 as opposed to 2-4, but it certainly isn’t a good sign of things to come, especially given that the road will not suddenly become easier from here. Their next series pits them against current group leaders Hicaña, the next most-common pick among Times staff for topping the group and a consensus playoff pick, something that no other team in the group could claim.

At the midway point of the group stage, those playoff picks will be published, so that we can all laugh at ourselves and see just how wrong we had it.

Maybe that’s not the only thing we had wrong.

Six games, six losses. None by more than three runs. Two games apiece have had a margin of one, two, and three runs. These have not been blowouts. These have been heartbreakers, the worst sort of losses. Multiple times, we have given up leads in the final inning, even more often in the final third of the game. Multiple times, we have been so close to amazing victory, only to have the floor pulled out from under us. Twice, against Banija, we lost by a single run. IN BANIJA.

This is not a case of a team that is simply not good enough. Certainly, we are not among the best teams in the world, but this is not that case. We have seen that before.

It is true that this team is behind where many had hoped we would be. It is true that 0-6 places us 53rd of 54 teams. It is true that as far as late-game collapses go, we are among the best in the world.

It is also true that we have hung tough with the fifth-best team in the world, and the undefeated team that currently occupies second place in our group, with a run difference total of only -12. For six games, that’s an average margin of two runs.

When we entered this tournament, I think many of us assumed we would immediately be able to compete. “Oh, of course we’ll get a few wins early - they can’t be that much better than us. We walked out and kept it close against Scootalove, and nothing changed. We’ll get them next time, the people said. It was only that they were so much higher in the rankings, of course they were going to beat us. There’s no way we’ll lose all three this time.

And then we went and lost all three. Still, the attitudes have not changed, but the tones are slightly more strained, just a hint of urgency beginning to peek through, as it becomes remarkably evident that maybe we’re in over our heads after all.

I have no intent of making this an indictment in any sense - not against the players, not against the staff, not against the readers, nor the talk show hosts, nor anyone else. My intent is not to call anyone out.

I wish for everyone to take a good long look at this team and realize that the wins will come. If we enter the midway break 0-15. I will be the first to call for change, but as it stands, I have every bit of faith that we will return to our pace that we desire.

It will come.

Harrison Wright is the on-site reporter for the 42nd World Baseball Classic. His father, Halloran Wright, was the longtime manager of the Point Dume University baseball team, and it was under his tutelage that Harrison found his love for the game. After playing under his father at Point Dume while obtaining a pair of degrees in sportscasting and sportswriting, he joined the Times. He lives in Point Dume with his girlfriend. He enjoys reading, writing, and fighting his internal demons.
WIP

Baseball: 0.92 [T-43]

DEAT by Chocolate
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby DEAT by Chocolate » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:10 pm

[REPORT] Continuing Harassment in Hampton Island

The Chocolatiers are still being harassed by opposing batters. We went to Hampton Island to get away from Hicaña because they were harassing us, but it hasn't stopped. Left-fielder Tom Taffy says it feels like the Chocolatiers are being "eaten alive." We don't know if there is anything the mods can do about it, since it happened overseas, but it is really upsetting and harmful to our players' peace of mind. Moderators need to do more to stop this kind of harassment, regardless of where it happens.

We suspect that Hampton Island might be a puppet of Hicaña because their behavior is very similar. Thank you for looking into this.

*leaves chocolate mousse cake*

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:12 pm

Ms Gabrielle Pascoe, leader of the West Phoenician Feminist Party recently attended the World Baseball Classic. Lucky for the team it was the first game against United States of Devonta where the Confederates scored a victory of 10 runs vs 4 runs.
Game 2 and 3 against United States of Devonta did not go quite as well; losing both games by 1 run each which had fallen to the top notch batters to do better when they come up against
Vangaziland next.

Ms Pascoe did not leave the game too pleased. With upcoming West Phoenician elections, Ms Pascoe is hoping to raise the profile of the West Phoenician Feminist Party in a pursuit to garnish seats.
So the Feminist Party is doing all they can do to garnish enough media and social media attention in the hopes that West Phoenician women will place their party first in order of Preferences.

Ms Pascoe has slammed the West Phoenician Baseball Federation for breaking a key promise at the end of the last World Baseball Classic which would have seen the Confederates become a mixed team. Ms Pascoe hoped the baseball team would follow in the footsteps of the West Phoenician Mountain Lion Softball team whose international team is mixed and who walked away with a first place title at the last international event.

When try outs were called to replace retiring players The West Phoenician Baseball Federation turned to their national team for players, choosing all men without even inviting women to at least try out and give the nation the impression they were in full support of equality and integration. With a number of high profile nations having mixed teams, hope was set West Phoenicia would copy which they did not.

Ms Pascoe has cited if her party was elected to Congress all international sports would become mixed otherwise funding would be pulled if they failed to comply.

The West Phoenician Baseball Federation was approached for comment for which they declined.

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:18 pm

Banija protects home field as they start World Baseball Classic 42 with back to back sweeps

Banijan baseball team celebrates victory in last game of 2nd series

HERZEGOVINA CITY- The Kingdom of Banija national baseball team came into the 42nd World Baseball Classic looking to improve upon their performance from the last edition of this tournament. And, of course, when they returned, they hadn't been on this stage in 5 straight editions of this tournament. Banija had a young team, and they were shell-shocked by the amount of know-how and talent on the same field, playing opposite from them. Banija started the last tournament very poorly, starting 1-8 and never recovering, as at that point, they had no chance to get top two in their group of six to qualify for the knockout stages.

After the tournament effectively being over so early for the Banijans, they had a new mindset going into this tournament- they wanted to start strong. They knew that their poor start to the last tournament was the reason that they did so poorly, and this time, they wanted to make sure that changed. If they wanted to get top two in this group of six, they could not afford to get off to such a slow start. They would have to win games right out of the gate, to show other teams that they meant business, and, more importantly, to not dig themselves such a deep hole so early on.

This team brought back the exact same squad that they had in the last tournament, 3 years ago. They had a young team of college players, and now, the team is older, and more experienced. Having been through the ringer once, this group of kids is far more prepared than they were three years ago for this type of challenge. Their manager Raymond Cloutier, a native of Ethane, told reporters that his goal was "to make sure that this team was best prepared to win the number of games it would take to make the knockout stages- around 20 or so games. And what would that take? Experience, and togetherness."

They did that exact thing in their first set of 3 games. They won a trio of home games, against the Hampton Islands, by scores of 9-6, 5-3, and 2-0, respectively. The first game was an offensive shootout. The bats on either side could not be silenced, but in front of home fans, Banijan bats were simply that much louder. Having Kamara Singateh come up with 2 outs and the bases loaded in the 1st inning, and hit a bases clearing in the first inning of the opening game of the tournament for Banija, was huge. Having ace Musa Sidibeh pitch 6 innings for 2 earned runs was good. The bullpen leaking out four runs in the late innings of that game was not good, but a win is a win.

Then, of course, their second game, against the Hampton Islands. This game was not as electric as the preceding one, a 5-3 affair. Junkung Corr was able to match the staff ace, also going 6 innings and giving up 2 earned runs. He, however, had a no decision, as he allowed solo home runs in the 2nd and 4th innings, though his teammates brought him back onto level terms when Alanso Jallow had a 2 run double in the 5th inning to tie that game. It was the designated hitter, however, Jebel Sowe, who would win the game, with the cleanup hitter hitting a two-run bomb in the 8th, that was enough to push this team over the finish line for their second straight win.

And, lastly, the third game. A 2-0 affair, the type of game that Cloutier says that he 'loves'. Adama Jobateh pitching seven shutout innings, with Demba Branco pitching a 1-2-3 8th inning and Abu Kayode, who gave up a leadoff walk in the 9th, then striking out the side to slam the door and bring out the brooms for the Banijans. Banija had to earn their runs in this game, as there was no long ball in this pitcher's duel. In the first, Hassan Ndiaye had a leadoff single, stole second base, and scored from second on a single, barely beating out the throw at the plate. And in the 7th, it was back to back ground-rule doubles by Buba Ceesay and Ebrima Kah that put that game away.

In the second series, it was a trio of games against Humaliwo. Game 1 of this series was absolutely the most thrilling- at least, if you were a Banijan fan. They took an early 4-1 lead in the game, and they, once again, handed the ball to the bullpen. But that's when it all fell apart. The bullpen got torn apart, left and right, and while they entered the 6th inning leading 4-1, they exited the 7th inning trailing 8-4. The game had turned on its head, and the Banijans were worrying.

But the 9th inning was stunning. Humaliwo, looking for their first win of the tournament, and away from home as well, turned to closer Thor Orvaldsson. The adage, of course, is that closers are not at their best in non-save situations, but they wanted this one. That proved to be their undoing. With the top of the order up, he simply could not get outs. A leadoff single, followed by a Iscaraba ground-rule double, all of a sudden put doubt in their minds. When Jallow singled both home to make the game 8-6, Banijan fans began to really make noise at this stadium. Jebel Sowe struck out, but Isaiah Essa singled to bring the winning run to the plate, and Kamara Singateh crushed the ball for a 440 foot walkoff home run down the right field line. It was a stunning comeback.

Of course, Banija had to dig deep into the bullpen for that one, and were exhausted going into game 2. Cloutier called on a pair of southpaws to win this game. Lallo Ndiaye pitched 5 and 1/3rd innings, leaving with men on the corners and one out in the 6th, with a 3-1 lead. Long reliever Buwa Kabba came on, and immediately got out of the jam, forcing a double play. While allowing a single on the first play of the next inning, he forced another double play there, and then got 7 straight ground outs to end the ball game. They only used two pitchers in this close game, and nobody from the back end of the pen, allowing them to rest.

They were able to win a close game, 7-6, to close out the series, marking the squad's second straight home sweep. They have now started this tournament 6-0, and are undefeated at home, going 6-0 in Banija. Now, this team is in what is known as the 'Group of Death'- a lot of teams with a ton of talent, and it is going to go down to the wire, so any wins, such as these, will go a long way in determining who will get out of this group.

This, undoubtedly, will be much tougher moving forward. They will be paying a visit to DEAT By Chocolate, the unranked squad who Banija will be favored against. And then, the tough matchups come up. A three game set at home against world #5 Scootalove City, followed by a trip to world #18 Hicana. While the schedule did not seem to do Banija any favors, with a 9 game road trip in the middle of the tournament, as well as the last two series being against the group's pot 1 and pot 2 sides, the 6 home games to start the tournament were definitely a positive, as Banija won all 6 of them.

This team will have to stay focused in the face of pressure. This road set will be huge for the Banijans- can they win away from home? Or are they simply a team that does well at home, but wilts when the circumstances get tougher? We'll see if this team has the mental grit to be successful in this tournament, as they start taking long flights to far off countries, to build the legacy of this team and do whatever they can to get to the knockout stages.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Ferret Civilization
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 23, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Ferret Civilization » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:38 pm

The team spent the following day after the game going about their separate ways getting lost in what the city hosting the Baseball competition had to offer to the influx of sports travellers. Trying the food and looking at what was probably overpriced souvenirs and seeing the sights at the nation promoted to tourists to go see in the time they had available. A few of them would try to get a better feel of their old equipment and reminisce about what they did during the break time in between this event and the last one that they took part in. It was a pleasant time and they hoped that they could keep that feeling throughout what was sure to be the short time here for them. After this they would probably slip back into being forgotten about and being unranked again or still, who would know how it would go.

Team Name                1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9 Total
Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 3
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Ferret Civilization 3 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 7
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 6

Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 0 1 3 1 1 1 1 X 11

Surprisingly the next series of games would go slightly better for them than it did for them when they just got back into the game. It seemed like the higher ranked team from the Kingdom of Quebec let them have their fun in the first game between the two teams. They almost kept up that fun times for the second game but after the Ferret team was able to win again the other team must have remembered that they were still in a competition and made sure to curb stomp the Ferret team. But that did not bother them much, as they still got their two addition wins that were sure not going to help them advance but it was something they could hold onto doing.

Most of the players that were first up to playing got back into the swing of how to handle their equipment again, though that did not mean they had any better of a shot. But it was something to laugh and make jokes over while they went back to be tourists after all the games were over. Going back to putting money into the local economy, probably the biggest win for the nation out of all of this and the biggest loss for all the teams that were going to lose the games early on and not get a lot of recognition. Though that never seemed to bother anyone, as long as everyone was having fun with it right.
Currently traveling across the United States. Still up for any conversations though.

Free Republics
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Free Republics » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:17 am

World Baseball Classic 42: Free Republics

This is your Third Series Cutoff presented by Music Video Channel. Music Video Channel: More Music, Less Talk!

Results

Group 1:

Cosumar 1 2 0 0 1 1 0 1 1 7
Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Cosumar 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Nova Anglicana 1 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 X 3

Cosumar 0 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2
Nova Anglicana 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Team Name 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 Total
Fungsland 1 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 2 6
Drawkland 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 4

Fungsland 0 0 1 0 0 4 2 0 2 9
Drawkland 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 2 0 4

Fungsland 0 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 1 3
Drawkland 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1

Gratissima 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 5 0 0 2 11
Juvencus 3 0 1 2 0 0 0 2 1 0 0 9

Gratissima 2 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 1 2 7
Juvencus 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 1 1 6

Gratissima 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 0 3
Juvencus 0 1 0 0 1 0 3 0 X 5

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Cosumar 9 7 2 43 27 +16 0.778
2 Nova Anglicana 9 5 4 38 36 +2 0.556
3 Gratissima 9 4 5 40 44 -4 0.444
4 Fungsland 9 4 5 37 39 -2 0.444
5 Drawkland 9 4 5 46 50 -4 0.444
6 Juvencus 9 3 6 52 60 -8 0.333

Group 2:

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 0 0 1 1 0 0 3 2 9
Ethane 0 0 1 2 1 0 6 3 X 13

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3
Ethane 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 1

Royal Kingdom of Quebec 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 3
Ethane 0 2 1 1 2 0 0 0 X 6

Pripet Socialist Republic 1 1 0 1 1 1 3 0 0 8
Alpine Union 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 2

Pripet Socialist Republic 2 0 1 0 0 0 2 0 0 5
Alpine Union 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 2 3

Pripet Socialist Republic 0 1 0 0 0 4 2 0 0 7
Alpine Union 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 5

New Jarwel 0 2 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 5
Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 3 0 0 0 0 0 3

New Jarwel 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 1
Ferret Civilization 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 X 2

New Jarwel 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 2 4
Ferret Civilization 0 0 0 1 0 0 2 0 0 3

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Ethane 9 6 3 43 22 +21 0.667
2 New Jarwel 9 5 4 47 40 +7 0.556
3 Pripet Socialist Republic 9 4 5 34 47 -13 0.444
4 Alpine Union 9 4 5 38 47 -9 0.444
5 Ferret Civilization 9 4 5 39 49 -10 0.444
6 Royal Kingdom of Quebec 9 4 5 51 47 +4 0.444

Group 3:

New Sangti 1 1 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3
Darmen 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

New Sangti 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 6 0 9
Darmen 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 1 7

New Sangti 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 2
Darmen 2 4 2 0 0 4 0 0 X 12

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 1 2 0 3 1 1 1 3 0 12
Abanhfleft 0 0 3 0 2 0 1 2 1 9

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 2
Abanhfleft 1 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 X 3

Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 2
Abanhfleft 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1

Azadeshia 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 3
New Doltania 0 1 1 0 1 2 0 1 X 6

Azadeshia 2 1 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 7
New Doltania 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Azadeshia 2 1 0 0 6 1 1 1 0 12
New Doltania 1 1 0 1 1 2 1 0 0 7

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 New Sangti 9 7 2 43 31 +12 0.778
2 Darmen 9 6 3 62 45 +17 0.667
3 Azadeshia 9 6 3 51 35 +16 0.667
4 Vakolicci Haven and Celeria 9 3 6 40 54 -14 0.333
5 Abanhfleft 9 3 6 57 50 +7 0.333
6 New Doltania 9 2 7 28 66 -38 0.222

Group 4:

Free Republics 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 3
Newmanistan 0 2 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 4

Free Republics 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 3
Newmanistan 2 2 0 0 0 0 0 3 X 7

Free Republics 1 0 1 0 0 0 2 1 1 6
Newmanistan 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

Krossa 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 0 3
South Covello 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 3 X 8

Krossa 1 0 1 1 0 0 1 1 0 5
South Covello 1 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 1 4

Krossa 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 2
South Covello 3 0 2 1 0 0 0 0 X 6

Carstantinopipal 0 0 2 2 0 0 0 2 1 7
Yoannes 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 4

Carstantinopipal 0 1 1 0 2 2 0 0 1 7
Yoannes 1 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 5

Carstantinopipal 0 2 0 0 2 1 5 0 0 10
Yoannes 0 0 1 0 1 1 0 1 2 6

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Newmanistan 9 7 2 36 28 +8 0.778
2 Free Republics 9 5 4 45 35 +10 0.556
3 South Covello 9 5 4 43 34 +9 0.556
4 Krossa 9 5 4 43 40 +3 0.556
5 Carstantinopipal 9 4 5 50 61 -11 0.444
6 Yoannes 9 1 8 34 53 -19 0.111

Group 5:

Sandberg 0 0 0 0 4 0 0 1 1 6
Super-Llamaland 0 0 1 2 0 0 2 2 X 7

Sandberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Super-Llamaland 3 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 X 4

Sandberg 0 1 1 0 1 1 0 0 0 4
Super-Llamaland 1 1 1 1 0 0 0 1 X 5

North Prarie 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 4
Maklohi Vai 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1

North Prarie 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
Maklohi Vai 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 X 1

North Prarie 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 2
Maklohi Vai 0 2 0 1 1 1 1 0 X 6

Siroy 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 3
Sorrentopia 1 2 4 1 0 0 0 0 X 8

Siroy 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1
Sorrentopia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Siroy 2 0 0 0 0 3 1 0 6 12
Sorrentopia 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 1 3

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Super-Llamaland 9 8 1 47 21 +26 0.889
2 Siroy 9 6 3 42 32 +10 0.667
3 Sandberg 9 4 5 40 40 +0 0.444
4 Maklohi Vai 9 4 5 30 42 -12 0.444
5 North Prarie 9 3 6 20 28 -8 0.333
6 Sorrentopia 9 2 7 34 50 -16 0.222

Group 6:

Hampton Island 1 0 3 2 0 0 0 0 0 6
Scootalove City 0 0 0 0 1 1 3 1 2 8

Hampton Island 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 3
Scootalove City 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 1 3 6

Hampton Island 0 2 0 0 0 1 0 1 0 4
Scootalove City 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 6

Humaliwo 0 0 1 3 0 1 1 0 2 8
Hicana 2 0 0 2 2 1 2 2 X 11

Humaliwo 0 2 4 3 1 2 1 0 1 14
Hicana 1 0 0 0 0 1 3 1 0 6

Humaliwo 0 1 0 0 1 1 2 0 0 0 1 6
Hicana 0 0 0 1 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 5

Banija 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 0 2
DEAT By Chocolate 1 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 3

Banija 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 4 6
DEAT By Chocolate 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

Banija 1 0 7 1 1 0 0 0 0 10
DEAT By Chocolate 0 0 0 0 2 0 0 0 0 2

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Banija 9 8 1 53 30 +23 0.889
2 Hicana 9 7 2 88 71 +17 0.778
3 Scootalove City 9 6 3 66 59 +7 0.667
4 Hampton Island 9 3 6 42 45 -3 0.333
5 Humaliwo 9 2 7 57 63 -6 0.222
6 DEAT By Chocolate 9 1 8 34 72 -38 0.111

Group 7:

Northwest Kalactin 0 0 4 0 0 1 0 0 4 9
Schiltzberg 2 0 1 0 0 0 1 4 0 8

Northwest Kalactin 1 0 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 5
Schiltzberg 0 0 0 0 0 0 3 0 0 3

Northwest Kalactin 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Schiltzberg 0 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 X 2

Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1
Tenburg 0 0 2 1 0 2 0 0 X 5

Melbergia 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 2 0 3
Tenburg 1 0 0 0 2 4 3 0 X 10

Melbergia 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0 2
Tenburg 1 0 1 1 0 1 0 0 X 4

St Saratoga 2 0 2 1 2 2 0 0 1 1 1 1 13
The Sherpa Empire 1 1 2 0 2 1 2 1 0 1 1 2 14

St Saratoga 0 1 1 1 2 0 1 4 0 10
The Sherpa Empire 0 1 0 1 1 2 0 1 2 8

St Saratoga 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 2 5
The Sherpa Empire 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 0 0 0 3

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Schiltzberg 9 7 2 59 35 +24 0.778
2 St Saratoga 9 6 3 62 56 +6 0.667
3 Northwest Kalactin 9 6 3 59 44 +15 0.667
4 Tenburg 9 5 4 50 36 +14 0.556
5 The Sherpa Empire 9 2 7 54 75 -21 0.222
6 Melbergia 9 1 8 29 67 -38 0.111

Group 8:

Lisander 0 2 1 1 1 0 0 1 2 8
Cassadaigua 1 2 0 3 1 1 2 1 X 11

Lisander 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1
Cassadaigua 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 3 X 4

Lisander 1 0 2 0 1 5 0 1 2 12
Cassadaigua 2 0 1 1 1 2 4 2 X 13

Kita-Hinode 0 3 1 0 0 1 0 0 0 5
Equestrian States 0 0 0 3 0 0 1 2 X 6

Kita-Hinode 2 1 0 1 0 3 1 0 0 8
Equestrian States 1 0 1 4 1 1 1 0 X 9

Kita-Hinode 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 2 4
Equestrian States 0 3 1 0 1 0 0 0 X 5

Ko-oren 0 1 0 0 2 1 3 0 1 8
Ngongo 0 1 0 1 0 1 1 1 0 5

Ko-oren 0 1 0 0 6 3 0 0 1 11
Ngongo 0 1 0 0 0 0 1 0 1 3

Ko-oren 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 1 1 1 4
Ngongo 0 0 1 0 2 0 0 0 0 0 3

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 Ko-oren 9 9 0 71 34 +37 1.000
2 Cassadaigua 9 7 2 63 47 +16 0.778
3 Equestrian States 9 6 3 45 39 +6 0.667
4 Lisander 9 2 7 58 71 -13 0.222
5 Ngongo 9 2 7 36 56 -20 0.222
6 Kita-Hinode 9 1 8 37 63 -26 0.111

Group 9:

Vangaziland 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
West Phoenicia 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0

Vangaziland 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 0 4
West Phoenicia 2 0 0 1 2 1 0 0 X 6

Vangaziland 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
West Phoenicia 0 1 0 0 0 0 2 0 X 3

Philamer Island 0 1 0 0 0 2 1 1 1 6
United States of Devonta 1 1 0 1 0 3 4 2 X 12

Philamer Island 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 3 4
United States of Devonta 1 1 4 0 0 0 0 0 X 6

Philamer Island 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 1
United States of Devonta 1 2 0 0 0 0 1 2 X 6

Lycrabon 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 0 0 1
Tierra Fuego 0 1 1 0 2 0 0 0 X 4

Lycrabon 1 1 1 0 0 0 3 1 3 10
Tierra Fuego 0 0 0 1 1 0 1 0 1 4

Lycrabon 1 0 0 2 0 2 0 0 1 6
Tierra Fuego 0 0 0 1 1 0 0 0 1 3

G W L RF RA RD Win Pct.
1 United States of Devonta 9 6 3 54 42 +12 0.667
2 West Phoenicia 9 6 3 50 25 +25 0.667
3 Lycrabon 9 6 3 58 50 +8 0.667
4 Vangaziland 9 5 4 43 38 +5 0.556
5 Tierra Fuego 9 3 6 33 53 -20 0.333
6 Philamer Island 9 1 8 38 68 -30 0.111
Last edited by Free Republics on Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Why I left NS Sports
World Cup 85 Champions
1st: DBC 28, X Winter Olympics, Independents Cup 4, CoH 66, WBC 46, World Bowl XXXVIII, World Cup 85
2nd: World Cup 68, DBC 27, U15WC 8, UWCFA Gold Cup I, BoI 15, 2nd Imperial Chap Olympiad, NSCF 11
Host: World Cups 68 & 81, CoH 58, Games of XIII Olympiad, X Winter Olympics, World Bowls XXII, XXXI & XXXVIII, WBCs 42 & 46, RUWC 25
Current Senior Consul: Nova Hellstrom-Hancock (Golden Age)
Current Junior Consul: Samuel Izmailov (Nat-Gre)
Demonym: Republican
Trigram: FFR
Official Nation Name: Federation of Free Republics
Stop Biden: Vote Trump!

Abanhfleft
Senator

Founded: May 26, 2008
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Abanhfleft » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:45 am

(OOC: Oh, well, too late to do anything about it.... Here's my RP for what was supposed to be day 3 but whatever.)

MUSINGS OF AN ARMORED DINNER JACKET
Official blog of Ibrahim Ahmadinejad, Right Fielder of the Verbergerkinnh Cubs and the Abanhfleft Revolution

NEW ADMINISTRATION? WHAT NEW ADMINISTRATION?

Players of the Abanhfleft Revolution sit down on the advertisement boards during pre-game training against Darmen. The Revolution suffered three consecutive defeats in their home series against Darmen to drop the Revolution down to fourth place in Group 3 of the 42nd World Baseball Classic. (Courtesy of Crescent News Network Sports Channel/Umkhonto Thabowane)

LIVE FROM EFFELENENDRO, ABANHFLEFT - New administration? What new administration? As if you might not have noticed, but while the World Baseball Classic's administration has changed, your beloved Abanhfleft Revolution has remained the same. By that I mean that we're still the piss-poor team that our fans have come to support only out of an ingrained habit that is very difficult to shake off if at all.

I mean, where do we start? Everyone thought that we were finally entering a new age of baseball glory when we trounced New Doltania in the first series, and that was away from home! Surely we should have had a chance against Darmen in the National Baseball Stadium? Apparently not. Yes, we did score the first run in Game 1 against Darmen. And that was the only run that we ever scored in that game as Darmen rebounded and took absolute command of the game starting from the second inning onwards. Why even bother scoring the first run of the game when you can't back it up by scoring more runs or at least holding the other side scoreless. But whatever. (The Armored Dinner Jacket's role in the defeat against Darmen in Game 1 like that absolute miss of a supposed sitter during the second inning shall not be mentioned. Shh!)

I have to say though, Games 2 and 3 were really, really close. We lost both games by just one run! And that's what makes the defeats sting even more. We had a few chances to win these games but we just couldn't do it. We just couldn't. But how about that Game 3 though? 13 runs to 12! Sure, we lost, but it was surely a very enjoyable game for everyone from the neutrals to the Darmenis to even us Fleftics. Such a shame that we lost this game, though. I just want to say goddamn it because of that. That's all. Thank you, goodbye.

Well, that's all the time that I have for you all today. I've got more WBC post-series commentaries coming up, if I feel like it. This is the Armored Dinner Jacket saying ciao, peace. Catch you in my next post.
The Democratic Republic of Abanhfleft
Leader: President Rako Novoire

Territories and dependencies:
Trans-Dniesters (Client state)
Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Copper Cuprum
Trendstart
Economic Left/Right: -1.72
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.88
Second place winner in the International Baseball Slam VI
Third place winner in the World Lacrosse Championship XIX
Winner of the Baptism of Iron XVI!
Third place winner in the 33rd Di Bradini Cup!

Third place winner of the International Baseball Slam VIII
Winner of World Lacrosse Championships 22!

I also write stories. Would you like to read my works?

Ko-oren
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 26, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Ko-oren » Mon Feb 05, 2018 8:48 am

Baseball - the Yoshima game

Yoshima, what a region. The four eastern islands of Ko-oren are an anomaly in every way, compared to the rest of the country. Ko-oren has six regions, one of which is simply called 'East'. All of the other regions are further divided into subdivisions, and there are 12 of those, and these subdivisions are usually called our 'states'. Regions are just a convenient way to split the country, but a subdivision is an actual political thing. As I said, five regions are further divided. Not the East. The East only has one subdivision: Yoshima. And usually it's a little forgotten. Most of Ko-oren's business goes on in the Bay Provinces region, or in the South Central region. The former has 34% of our population, the latter 31%. No wonder those are mentioned far more often. But there's the Northeastern region, the Western region and the Southeastern region... at 11%, 6% and 6% far less of an impact on the entire Ko-orenite population, but still, given that they are so close to where the big stuff happens, they attract more attention just based on that. So the East, at 12%, isn't small at all. It's our third largest region. Yoshima, at 12% of our population, is the fourth most populous subdivision. It's just that Yoshima does things a little differently from the rest.

Ko-oren is a mess in terms of politics: we call these things subdivisions. Not states, not provinces, not prefectures. The reason for that is that one subdivision might be a state, the other a province, etcetera. To keep everyone happy, we use a neutral word that doesn't mean that much on its own. Yoshima does things on its own. It is a regular subdivision on the national scale, puts members in parliament and all, but within the subdivision, it is a little traditional in how it divides the land and how it divides power. Power is divided all the way until neighbourhood level, with several households in one neighbourhood, several neighbourhoods into one city, one city into a region, into an island, into the subdivision. Some of these neighbourhoods consist of little more than a house and a barn, nowadays, but that's how it's always been done so that's how we'll continue to do it.

Ko-oren is also a mess in terms of language: several large languages introduced to Ko-oren (English, Dutch, French, Japanese), and three major dialects of Ko-oren's own language (conveniently called Ko-orenite). Yoshima speaks Japanese, as the only area of Ko-oren where that language is spoken, and Yoshima speaks one of these three Ko-orenite dialects. That, and the physical distance to the mainland, contributes to its isolation.

Still... Yoshima is massive and deserves more attention. Katashi, the largest city, rivals cities such as Greencaster, Aminey and Willowbourne. It is huge.

Sports are different, too. It did jump on association football, with Katashi and Alara both having a team in the Top League. 12 teams, of which 2 are from there. That's fair. The other national sports, though: gridiron football, they have none. Cricket and rugby union are also impopular. No, Yoshima does rugby league and baseball. Together with the southeast of Ko-oren and the southern parts of the bay. But in both these examples, the leagues are dominated by Yoshima teams. League: 6 out of 12 teams. Baseball: 9 out of 12. It's not like the rest of the country doesn't catch on, but man, does Yoshima play on its own terms. Baseball. 75% of the league from this corner of the country. It's hard for them to get the rest of Ko-oren interested in the sport, but they keep trying.

And that's how baseball is the Yoshima game. Over the course of the WBC, it might be the perfect moment to pay them a visit.
WCC and WCOH President and NS Sports' only WC, WBC, WB, WCOH, IBC, RUWC, Test Cricket, ODI, and T20 loser!

Trigramme: KOR - Demonym: Ko-orenite - Population: 27.270.096
Map - Regions - Spreadsheets - Domestic Sports Newswires - Factbooks
Champions 1x World Cup - 1x CoH - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 4x World Bowl - 1x IBC - 4x RUWC - 3x RLWC - 2x T20 WC - 1x AODICC - 2x ARWC - 1x FHWC - 1x HWC - 1x Beach Cup
Runners-up 1x World Cup - 3x CAFA - 1x AOCAF - 1x WBC - 3x World Bowl - 1x WCoH - 4x IBC - 2x RUWC - 1x GCF Test Cricket - 1x ODI WT - 2x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x WLC - 1x FHWC
Organisation & Hosting 2x WCC President - 1x WCOH President / 1x BoF - 1x CAFA - 1x World Bowl - 1x WCOH - 2x RUWC - 1x ODI WT - 1x T20 WC - 1x FraterniT20 - 1x ARWC - 1x FHWC - (defunct) IRLCC, BCCC, Champions Bowl

DEAT by Chocolate
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 04, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby DEAT by Chocolate » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 am

[DRAFT] Commend DEAT By Chocolate National Baseball Team

Recognizing that the DEAT By Chocolate national baseball team has finally won a game, despite Banija's best efforts to stop us

Acknowledging that DEAT By Chocolate's baseball team is new to international competition and any win is a difficult feat for an unranked team

Further recognizing and taking pride that Nestle Field offers more cupcakes, donuts, and bonbons than any other ballpark in the World Baseball Classic

Savoring the sweet taste of victory

The DEATsville Monitor hereby commends the DEAT By Chocolate national baseball team.
Last edited by DEAT by Chocolate on Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports