NATION

PASSWORD

NS Alternate WW2 (OOC)[OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Union Princes
Senator

Founded: Nov 02, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:16 am

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS
Name of the nation you are playing as: The Commonwealth of the Union Princes
The following part is not for RL nations
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): territories of Austria-Hungary plus the Balkans.
Leader: The 12 Princes of the Commonwealth
Government type (roughly): imperial oligarchical meritocratic dictatorship
Population: 150 million
Army size (realistic!): 2 million standing, 3 million reserves.
History up to the war (briefly!): 300 years of civil war in that region from 1100 to the 1300s, followed by another 400 years of reintergration, revolts, uprisings, more minor civil wars, and border conflicts. An extremely militarized nation for the past 110 years that saw rapid industrialization and population boom after taking an isolationist stance as the 12 Princes were focused on consolidation and repairing infrastructure. Now, after years of tense benign neglect, the 12 Princes are keen on destroying the Soviet Union.
There is no such thing as peace, only truce between wars

Andsed
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 24, 2017
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Andsed » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:17 am

Northern Poland wrote:
Andsed wrote:Well maybe the south part of Poland which would be normal Poland would be invaded instead?

maybe

Eh well if you and southern Poland have good relations then maybe not and we could have Germany invade somewhere else.
Last edited by Andsed on Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
I do be tired

LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:25 am

Union Princes wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS
Name of the nation you are playing as: The Commonwealth of the Union Princes
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): territories of Austria-Hungary plus the Balkans.
Leader: The 12 Princes of the Commonwealth
Government type (roughly): imperial oligarchical meritocratic dictatorship
Population: 150 million
Army size (realistic!): 2 million standing, 3 million reserves.
History up to the war (briefly!): 300 years of civil war in that region from 1100 to the 1300s, followed by another 400 years of reintergration, revolts, uprisings, more minor civil wars, and border conflicts. An extremely militarized nation for the past 110 years that saw rapid industrialization and population boom after taking an isolationist stance as the 12 Princes were focused on consolidation and repairing infrastructure. Now, after years of tense benign neglect, the 12 Princes are keen on destroying the Soviet Union.

I'm trying to avoid massive superpowers. Can you make it a bit smaller?
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:35 am

Can I do Austria-Hungary 1914 instead?

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:37 am

Union Princes wrote:Can I do Austria-Hungary 1914 instead?

You can do Austria-Hungary in 1920. :)
But seriously, maybe half the land they had in 1914. Two-thirds at most.
Hi!
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:41 am

Yatzatz wrote:
Union Princes wrote:Can I do Austria-Hungary 1914 instead?

You can do Austria-Hungary in 1920. :)

But there was no Austria-Hungary in 1920. It was dismantled after 1919.

So, no Transylvania and Bosnia?
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 11:49 am

Union Princes wrote:
Yatzatz wrote:You can do Austria-Hungary in 1920. :)

But there was no Austria-Hungary in 1920. It was dismantled after 1919.

So, no Transylvania and Bosnia?

That's the joke.

So Austria, Hungary, and Czechoslovakia? Sounds OK.
That should give Germany a lot of trouble. Unless you ally with them.
Hi!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:03 pm

Don't forget Slovenia and Croatia, need access to sea still.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:17 pm

Union Princes wrote:Don't forget Slovenia and Croatia, need access to sea still.

Alright, The western half of Slovenia and the upper half of the Croatian coastline too. Update your app, change the location and population to fit, and I'll accept you.
Hi!

Northern Poland
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Northern Poland » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:40 pm

When are we gonna start IC? Just asking
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Northern Poland wrote:When are we gonna start IC? Just asking

Off the top of my head, after either 15 people join or a couple of polls for details are put out, whichever happens later. Probably at most a couple days.
Hi!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 pm

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as: Austria-Hungary
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, and Slovenia.
Leader: Franz Joseph Kruber von Habsburg
Government type (roughly): Absolute Monarchy
Population: 44 million
Army size (realistic!): 1.2 million standing, 800k reserve
History up to the war (briefly!): Born out of a Monarchist coup 20 years ago, the realm of Austria-Hungary that was supposed to be dismantled was glued back together with some territories still lost. Romania had Transylvania, Poland had Galatia, and Italy had the Slovenian Coast. At first, Franz Joseph was boy prince of seven so his grandfather, Gregor von Hapsburg, had to become Kaiser until he became of age. Kaiser Gregor, though old, was no pushover. He quickly pushed for a reintegration of Czechoslovakia which they accepted under the promise of protection against potential German or Soviet aggression. Gaining Slovenia and Croatia was harder as the King of Yugoslavia only gave back those two territories. To the King, Bosnia belonged to the Slavs. Though there was still a language barrier, the Grandfather Kaiser, as he was called, introduced compulsory education of the German language in the military and federal government. This meant that the minorities had to become bilingual in order to work for the government. Franz Joseph inherited the throne at age 17 when his grandfather died of old age of 73. Disciplined and scholarly, the young Kaiser set out to restore Austrian Imperialism over the Balkans and reclaiming territories lost from the First World War.
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Jan 30, 2018 4:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:52 pm

Union Princes wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as: Austria-Hungary
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Austria, Hungary, Czech Republic, Slovakia, Croatia, and Slovenia.
Leader: Franz Joseph Kruber von Hapsburg
Government type (roughly): Absolute Monarchy
Population: 44 million
Army size (realistic!): 1.6 million standing, 900k reserve
History up to the war (briefly!): Born out of a Monarchist coup 20 years ago, the realm of Austria-Hungary that was supposed to be dismantled was glued back together with some territories still lost. Romania had Transylvania, Poland had Galatia, and Italy had the Slovenian Coast. At first, Franz Joseph was boy prince of seven so his grandfather, Gregor von Hapsburg, had to become Kaiser until he became of age. Kaiser Gregor, though old, was no pushover. He quickly pushed for a reintegration of Czechoslovakia which they accepted under the promise of protection against potential German or Soviet aggression. Gaining Slovenia and Croatia was harder as the King of Yugoslavia only gave back those two territories. To the King, Bosnia belonged to the Slavs. Though there was still a language barrier, the Grandfather Kaiser, as he was called, introduced compulsory education of the German language in the military and federal government. This meant that the minorities had to become bilingual in order to work for the government. Franz Joseph inherited the throne at age 17 when his grandfather died of old age of 73. Disciplined and scholarly, the young Kaiser set out to restore Austrian Imperialism over the Balkans and reclaiming territories lost from the First World War.

Slightly lower military, and accepted.
Hi!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:54 pm

Revised. reduced military size by 500k

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:02 pm

Union Princes wrote:Revised. reduced military size by 500k

Alright. Looking forward to seeing how you deal with Germany, the fact that most of your population (Czechoslovakia, Slovenia, and Croatia) probably hate you, and the Italians wanting some juicy Slovenian land.
Hi!

Union Princes
Senator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Union Princes » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:10 pm

I wouldn't say the minorities would hate me outright but they definitely aren't loyal. If anything, they're pretty much indifferent or mildly disgruntled. The government of Czechoslovakia did agree for annexation while Yugoslavia gave back my southern territory.

I'm wedge between Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy ,and the Soviet Union so its possible for a three-way conflict in Southeast Europe.

I got dibs on the Balkans and Galatia, just saying, its Hapsburg territory.

Italy will not be a problem. After all, God made the Italians just so the Austro-Hungarians could have an enemy to beat.
Last edited by Union Princes on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Union Princes wrote:I wouldn't say the minorities would hate me outright but they definitely aren't loyal. If anything, they're pretty much indifferent or mildly disgruntled. The government of Czechoslovakia did agree for annexation while Yugoslavia gave back my southern territory.

I'm wedge between Nazi Germany, Fascist Italy ,and the Soviet Union so its possible for a three-way conflict in Southeast Europe.

Italy will not be a problem. After all, God made the Italians just so the Austro-Hungarians could have an enemy to beat.

I mean it would be Habsburg territory if we spelled it right
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:18 pm

Union Princes wrote:I wouldn't say the minorities would hate me outright but they definitely aren't loyal. If anything, they're pretty much indifferent or mildly disgruntled. The government of Czechoslovakia did agree for annexation while Yugoslavia gave back my southern territory.

The governments of Czechoslovakia and Yugoslavia gave you the land. I doubt the people there agree.

Trivia fact about Austria-Hungary versus Italy: In WW1, after Italy joined the war, AH began planning an offensive. However, it leaked, and the plans ended up in the French and Italian press for a month. AH went ahead with it anyway, and Italy didn't prepare at all, so it actually worked.
Also, speaking of Austria-Hungary's military, look up the Battle of Karansebes. It is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Last edited by Yatzatz on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!

Oprain
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 17, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Oprain » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:21 pm

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: The Kingdom of Oprain
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Kosovo, Albania, montenegro
Leader:King Teodor I
Government type (roughly): constitutional monarchy
Population: 1.8 million
Army size (realistic!): 40,000
History up to the war (briefly!): Oprain became only recently (1912) independent from the Ottoman empire. Oprain fought in WWI on the side of the Entente after it was attacked by Austria-Hungary. The king hates fascism because he thinks they are a threat to his and other nations
Last edited by Oprain on Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:25 pm

Oprain wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: The Kingdom of Oprain
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Kosovo, Albania, montenegro
Leader:King Teodor I
Government type (roughly): constitutional monarchy
Population: 1.8 million
Army size (realistic!): 40,000
History up to the war (briefly!): Oprain became only recently (1912) independent from the Ottoman empire. Oprain fought in WWI on the side of the Entente after it was attacked by Austria-Hungary. The king hates fascism because he thinks they are a threat to his and other nations

Accepted. Union Princes, you've got an enemy in the Balkans.
Hi!

Hansdeltania
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hansdeltania » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:29 pm

Reserve Soviet-ish Union
400+ hours PP-ASEL, IRA, P28A, C172, DA40, high-performance

Hansdeltania
Diplomat

Founded: May 17, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Hansdeltania » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:33 pm

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation? Technically real nation, but with more alternative elements
Name of the nation you are playing as: Union of Russian Republics (also known as Russia or Russian Union)
Leader: Premier Vassili D. Pachenko
Government type: Federal social democratic republic
Population: 173,847,317 as of 1939
Army size: 747,738 active troops, 16,227,257 reservists, 40,737,139 fit for duty
History up to the war: The October Revolution failed; the Russian Republic lived on and signed the same Brest-Litovsk Treaty. With no October Revolution, Lenin never took power and by that measure, Stalin included. Without Stalin's Five-Year Plans, there was no famine, and Russian factories produced quality products. The Mosin-Nagant M91/30 rifle has been augmented with increasing numbers of AVS-36 and SVT-38 (both predecessors to the SVT-40) semiautomatic rifles, preparing to either match or precede the US as the first major country to issue a self-loading weapon as its standard weapon.
400+ hours PP-ASEL, IRA, P28A, C172, DA40, high-performance

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:37 pm

Hansdeltania wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation? Technically real nation, but with more alternative elements
Name of the nation you are playing as: Union of Russian Republics (also known as Russia or Russian Union)
Leader: Premier Vassili D. Pachenko
Government type: Federal social democratic republic
Population: 173,847,317 as of 1939
Army size: 747,738 active troops, 16,227,257 reservists, 40,737,139 fit for duty
History up to the war: The October Revolution failed; the Russian Republic lived on and signed the same Brest-Litovsk Treaty. With no October Revolution, Lenin never took power and by that measure, Stalin included. Without Stalin's Five-Year Plans, there was no famine, and Russian factories produced quality products. The Mosin-Nagant M91/30 rifle has been augmented with increasing numbers of AVS-36 and SVT-38 (both predecessors to the SVT-40) semiautomatic rifles, preparing to either match or precede the US as the first major country to issue a self-loading weapon as its standard weapon.

No, sorry. Soviets are an NPC, there's no overlapping with NPCs, and no non-NPC superpowers.
Hi!

Kawaii Seals
Envoy

Founded: Dec 18, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kawaii Seals » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:49 pm

Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?:Imaginary
Name of the nation you are playing as:Mediterranean Union
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs):Greece,Cyprus,Turkey, Lebanon and Syria.
Leader:Cyprus The XIV
Government type (roughly):Monarchic Democracy
Population:10 Million
Army size (realistic!): 200,000
History up to the war (briefly!):
The Mediterranean Union was a small trading nation at first but soon grew to a reasonably sized nation known for its wealth and success in the Air Force in past wars.
Last edited by Kawaii Seals on Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:08 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hi there person looking at their object with glass! I'm Kawaii Seals, most times the Mediterranean Union in Role Plays on this website's forums.

Right now I'm at a break away from this website so please ask questions later
Thx, Kawaii Seals

I love Alternate History Roleplays and Real World Map Roleplays as well.

Im very active here as well but don't count me on it.

Weird Quotes I've Said
Kawaii Seals wrote:SWEET NECTAR OF THE GODS

Kawaii Seals wrote:When you wanna take all dat SWEET OIL from the middle east but you know the USA will murder you

Kawaii Seals wrote:*Pokes it*

Yep its definitely dead.

Killed by a WW2 RP they say.

Strala
Minister

Founded: Oct 25, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Strala » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Yatzatz wrote:
Strala wrote:what should I change

Less land and population. Say, just Manchuria and Mongolia, and maybe Korea, with very roughly the appropriate population.

Northern Poland wrote:Will you be playing as your NS nation, an imaginary nation, or an RL nation?: NS nation
Name of the nation you are playing as: Northern Poland
Location (should be fairly detailed, but not too detailed, and cannot overlap with one of the NPCs): Northern Poland and the baltic states
Leader: President Nicholas James
Government type (roughly): Communist Federation of States, Democratically elected One party state.
Population: 4,500,000
Army size (realistic!): 500,000 Men in the Armed forces and reserves while Communist Partisans round 40,000 men. because of the communist doctrine so people join the Partisans to protect their homes.
History up to the war (briefly!): The Communist Polish in the north started a revolution they hoped would take all of Poland. But the Polish mobilized and stopped the revolutionaries in the north part of Poland. They then went on a rampage in the Baltics, they fought a bloody war and conquered the Baltics. They then started building up the armies and rebuilt infrastructure

Accepted.

can I own the areas that communist China owned?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents