NATION

PASSWORD

The Winter Gala [IC, Gwalethia Only]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Aeternaea
Attaché

Founded: Dec 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:59 am

Sannerby-Annestad wrote:
Aeternaea wrote:
Upon seeing that Nykvist was not joining the dance or the feast, Lady W'Zae'Nae dances her way towards him and curtsies, "Lord Nykvist?" She says with her musical voice. "I can see that you are perhaps having a hard time choosing what to do first! Perhaps you would like to join my younger sister, Lady W'Tae'Ys? This is her first formal gala, and she would love to perhaps dance with a foreign adventurer such as yourself?" She smiles at the statement. "Or perhaps, should you be more interested in feasting, you could always go and join the nobles at the banquet tables?" She gestures over towards the tables where many nobles are convening to feast together. "The other option, should you wish to get some fresh, albeit cold, air; is the Tower of the Moon. From there you can see all of Tene'Dakn, and the Loledan Sea. If you wish for this, I could point you in the right direction?" Upon giving the options, she stands and smiles gently, awaiting the response.

At this time, the next song began, a slow and elegant one. She turns to watch as nobles and merchants from across Aeternaea begin to dance with one another; temporarily blurring the lines between classes, as is a tradition in Aeternaean dances. To show that, although people come from different social standings, they are all still the same in the end; mortals. It even got to the point that the staff, those whom were on a break, began to join in the dance, although they did not go beyond their social standing... until a young noblewoman, probably someone related to the thirty-two lower families, walked over to a young waitress and asked her to dance. After this, they began to intermingle and enjoy themselves more.

Lady W'Zae'Nae turns back towards Nykvist and asks, "I do hope that one of the options I presented is to your satisfaction?" she smiles. "If not, if there's anything else you would like to do, please let myself or one of my colleagues know and I am sure that we could arrange it." She lets her arms lie, clapsed together in front of her as she keeps her smile on her face; the lights causing her heterochromatic eyes to shine brightly. The music , the scent of the food, and the sounds of merriment filling the room around them. She seemed to genuinely wish for her guests to enjoy themselves, and use this opportunity to relax as best as they could.

"I think I'll go and join the nobles at the banquet tables. Unfortunately, I do not know how to dance. Dancing is a social event practised only by the nobility in the Most Serene Republic, and thus given my status in the burgher class it is not something I have ever been taught to do. However, I am sure I would be able to entertain the nobles with stories of our journey here and with information of a distant land, though." Nykvist replied.

He knew his place within society though; he should treat the nobles with respect. They were above him in the natural order of things; they gave him security and prosperity in response to his servitude. But unlike in some societies, such as the backwards Kabryonic wastelands around him, he was not in servitude to a specific noble back in the Most Serene Republic; in stead, he served them as a collective group; just like the clergy and peasants did, and like how the commoners served all the four above classes. However, they allowed his class to have a say in the government, which was good.

He noticed the spot that the Aeternaean noblewoman was talking about. He didn't speak Aeternaean and thus didn't know her name, but she seemed friendly enough. He approached the noblemen, his shoulder-length blonde hair flicking around as he did so, and dipped his head in courtesy. He asked them politely if he could sit in the empty space, and waited for their response.

The noblewoman smiled, then spoke in Dea'Pi'Liu, the diplomatic tongue, referred to as common by some, and by other names by many, "You are welcome to join us, good sir." She stated calmly, "I am Lady Shae'W'Dea. These are my friends; Sir Ne'O'S, Lord Fy'Ee, Lord Rho'S'Qin'P, Lord Mae'Ne'Uu, Lady Ne'Tae, Dame Aa'Ji, Miss Ne'Ji, and Mister Vae'Uu." She pointed out each of them as she mentioned them. They were all from varying backgrounds; lower nobles, honoured veterans, merchants, and servants. They each greeted the guest as best as they could; some were unable to speak Dea'Pi'Liu, so struggled to get a greeting across.

Vae'Uu got up from his seat and went to pull out a chair for their guest, seeing as he was technically a servant, he believed it was his duty to be as accommodating as possible. "So, good sir... what do you think of Lolede? It's merely a poor representation of the Holy City, but we try our best." She states. "Tell us about your thoughts and opinions?" she smiles.

"Also tell us about your journeys!" Said Sir Ne'O'S aloud, with a tad too much alcohol on his breath; the louder he was, the more drunk he was.

"And, if you please... what your goals are for coming here? You wouldn't sail all the way here, merely for fun...?" Said Lord Fy'Ee calmly, while looking over to the guest.

"Please, good sirs, one at a time!" Said Lady Shae'W'Dea. "I apologise for their actions, they don't mean to offend, we are all just curious of travelers... as we imagine you are about our lands?" She relaxes a bit and sips a bit of her drink. "Please answer whatever you can, if you wish, and we will try to answer your questions in turn, if it be permitted to." She also gestures towards the food at the table, "You can of course sample our spiced cuisine while we discuss things. We use a variety of spices that add unique flavours; the best being the ones that add a 'Punch' to the meals... we believe in the common languages it is referred to as... 'Spi-cey?' or something like that? It is the Holy Archduke's favourite type of food, as he loves its flavour, and has a personal goal of trying to find something that would be 'Spi'cey' to his pallet?" She sighs at that. "Something that none of us nobles have yet achieved... anyways, tell us your stories, your opinions, and your goals! We'd love to trade information." She cheers up and smiles.
Blah!

Seba Kemet
Attaché

Founded: May 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Seba Kemet » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:48 pm

"It is, of course, our honor to be hosted with such generosity," Merire smiled, bemused at the informal tone, but not offended. He had been selected in part for his easygoing nature and acceptance of foreign eccentricities, after all. "Indeed, a long voyage indeed, but with the blessing of Shu it was made safely...and the novelty was enough to keep us all quite alert. It has been some time since the Kingdom dispatched a diplomatic voyage of this scale. And I believe this is our first diplomatic contact in some time...the royal scribes searched our records in some detail when we received your invitation, and the only mention we find of far westerners is from the reign of Sehertawy of the 12th Dynasty in the 1981st Year of Founding. That is quite some time ago, to be sure."

Merire was, again, somewhat taken aback by the overly personal advances of the foreigner, but showed little of it externally, "Ah, once more I am honored. Deshkhet does not have much land suitable for grapes, so much of our wine comes from abroad. Beer is certainly a wholesome drink, and filling, but sometimes one craves a more refined flavor." Merire lifted the glass, "I see your people know the arts of glassworking well, a fine piece indeed. Deshkhet is a land of many, many wonders, from the Great Necropolis at Ineb-Hedj to the blessed gates of the canals, but the one thing we have in greater abundance than any other, without doubt or question, is sand." Sipping at the wine before carrying on, Merire gestured to the room, "Water comes only from the Canal and the Iteru river, all else is desert, and from that desert Pharaoh and the gods draw life...but glass is made by the hands of men, even may it be with Ptah's blessing."

"I apologize if this seems to be a boast, but even the most excellent craftsmanship of this hall, its fine stained glass and ornamentation, pales in comparison to the Glass Halls of Ptah. Imagine a temple hall of nothing but glass, stained and clear, from raw sand-glass to the finest of fused quartz, with the stories of creation and Ptah's great works rendered in full depth within the walls. And as the day passes, new scenes are revealed by the traversal of the light. There are rumors that on brightly moonlit nights one can see the deepest secrets of the cult of the craftsmen etched into the deepest parts of the temple. But I find that day is when one must see the temple, if one wants to appreciate its full glory."
Last edited by Seba Kemet on Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sannerby-Annestad
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Sannerby-Annestad » Tue Jan 23, 2018 2:01 pm

Aeternaea wrote:
Sannerby-Annestad wrote:"I think I'll go and join the nobles at the banquet tables. Unfortunately, I do not know how to dance. Dancing is a social event practised only by the nobility in the Most Serene Republic, and thus given my status in the burgher class it is not something I have ever been taught to do. However, I am sure I would be able to entertain the nobles with stories of our journey here and with information of a distant land, though." Nykvist replied.

He knew his place within society though; he should treat the nobles with respect. They were above him in the natural order of things; they gave him security and prosperity in response to his servitude. But unlike in some societies, such as the backwards Kabryonic wastelands around him, he was not in servitude to a specific noble back in the Most Serene Republic; in stead, he served them as a collective group; just like the clergy and peasants did, and like how the commoners served all the four above classes. However, they allowed his class to have a say in the government, which was good.

He noticed the spot that the Aeternaean noblewoman was talking about. He didn't speak Aeternaean and thus didn't know her name, but she seemed friendly enough. He approached the noblemen, his shoulder-length blonde hair flicking around as he did so, and dipped his head in courtesy. He asked them politely if he could sit in the empty space, and waited for their response.

The noblewoman smiled, then spoke in Dea'Pi'Liu, the diplomatic tongue, referred to as common by some, and by other names by many, "You are welcome to join us, good sir." She stated calmly, "I am Lady Shae'W'Dea. These are my friends; Sir Ne'O'S, Lord Fy'Ee, Lord Rho'S'Qin'P, Lord Mae'Ne'Uu, Lady Ne'Tae, Dame Aa'Ji, Miss Ne'Ji, and Mister Vae'Uu." She pointed out each of them as she mentioned them. They were all from varying backgrounds; lower nobles, honoured veterans, merchants, and servants. They each greeted the guest as best as they could; some were unable to speak Dea'Pi'Liu, so struggled to get a greeting across.

Vae'Uu got up from his seat and went to pull out a chair for their guest, seeing as he was technically a servant, he believed it was his duty to be as accommodating as possible. "So, good sir... what do you think of Lolede? It's merely a poor representation of the Holy City, but we try our best." She states. "Tell us about your thoughts and opinions?" she smiles.

"Also tell us about your journeys!" Said Sir Ne'O'S aloud, with a tad too much alcohol on his breath; the louder he was, the more drunk he was.

"And, if you please... what your goals are for coming here? You wouldn't sail all the way here, merely for fun...?" Said Lord Fy'Ee calmly, while looking over to the guest.

"Please, good sirs, one at a time!" Said Lady Shae'W'Dea. "I apologise for their actions, they don't mean to offend, we are all just curious of travelers... as we imagine you are about our lands?" She relaxes a bit and sips a bit of her drink. "Please answer whatever you can, if you wish, and we will try to answer your questions in turn, if it be permitted to." She also gestures towards the food at the table, "You can of course sample our spiced cuisine while we discuss things. We use a variety of spices that add unique flavours; the best being the ones that add a 'Punch' to the meals... we believe in the common languages it is referred to as... 'Spi-cey?' or something like that? It is the Holy Archduke's favourite type of food, as he loves its flavour, and has a personal goal of trying to find something that would be 'Spi'cey' to his pallet?" She sighs at that. "Something that none of us nobles have yet achieved... anyways, tell us your stories, your opinions, and your goals! We'd love to trade information." She cheers up and smiles.

Nykvist sat down as his mind was attacked by a swarm of greetings. He understood that Aeternaeans were a very home-grown, isolationist people who barely saw outside their nation, though, and thus didn't put it against them. If Nykvist were cooped up in the Most Serene Republic all his life, he'd be dying to know what lay outside. However, it was common knowledge that just outside the Most Serene Republic's boundaries were oppressed Sannerlanders that needed to be freed, and swine that needed to be vanquished.

He tried to respond to the questions quickly as they swarmed around him like the wasps that would swarm the harbour in the summer months; whenever you tried to get a cup of mead the wasps would swarm around it, attracted to the sweet smell of the drink. Lolede was a nice city to him; it put Sannerby-Annestad to shame in its architecture. Technically that was two cities, but they were indistinguishable and it didn't matter. He'd come here to set a good impression on the Aeternaeans of the city. His journey was eventful.

Lady Shae'W'Dea gave him a nice, formal greeting. He was intrigued about the land, there were so many questions buzzing about his brain, but he didn't want to come across as an ignorant foreigner. A lump of chicken had managed to move onto his plate with the assistance of his hands, and had now used its assistants to make a beeline for his mouth. The spices were quite intense for him; he was used to a rather bland, fish-based cuisine, although often ingredients from across the world were used in cooking due to their accessibility.

He decided to embrace the unusual pallete and ate the chicken. Then he turned to the colleagues around him.

"Do you wish to hear stories of my journey?" he asked.
PT puppet of Crylante. An aristocratic Swedish merchant republic.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:07 am

Seba Kemet wrote:"It is, of course, our honor to be hosted with such generosity," Merire smiled, bemused at the informal tone, but not offended. He had been selected in part for his easygoing nature and acceptance of foreign eccentricities, after all. "Indeed, a long voyage indeed, but with the blessing of Shu it was made safely...and the novelty was enough to keep us all quite alert. It has been some time since the Kingdom dispatched a diplomatic voyage of this scale. And I believe this is our first diplomatic contact in some time...the royal scribes searched our records in some detail when we received your invitation, and the only mention we find of far westerners is from the reign of Sehertawy of the 12th Dynasty in the 1981st Year of Founding. That is quite some time ago, to be sure."

Merire was, again, somewhat taken aback by the overly personal advances of the foreigner, but showed little of it externally, "Ah, once more I am honored. Deshkhet does not have much land suitable for grapes, so much of our wine comes from abroad. Beer is certainly a wholesome drink, and filling, but sometimes one craves a more refined flavor." Merire lifted the glass, "I see your people know the arts of glassworking well, a fine piece indeed. Deshkhet is a land of many, many wonders, from the Great Necropolis at Ineb-Hedj to the blessed gates of the canals, but the one thing we have in greater abundance than any other, without doubt or question, is sand." Sipping at the wine before carrying on, Merire gestured to the room, "Water comes only from the Canal and the Iteru river, all else is desert, and from that desert Pharaoh and the gods draw life...but glass is made by the hands of men, even may it be with Ptah's blessing."

"I apologize if this seems to be a boast, but even the most excellent craftsmanship of this hall, its fine stained glass and ornamentation, pales in comparison to the Glass Halls of Ptah. Imagine a temple hall of nothing but glass, stained and clear, from raw sand-glass to the finest of fused quartz, with the stories of creation and Ptah's great works rendered in full depth within the walls. And as the day passes, new scenes are revealed by the traversal of the light. There are rumors that on brightly moonlit nights one can see the deepest secrets of the cult of the craftsmen etched into the deepest parts of the temple. But I find that day is when one must see the temple, if one wants to appreciate its full glory."

Ys'P'Qin sat listening to the tales, interested in learning. "This all sounds very fascinating!" He said aloud, grabbing another drink. "Although a desert seems fairly... empty, to me. I prefer to open seas!" He began to think for a while. "This event here is a first for many. While we do hold many Gala's for locals and nearby foreigners such as Ulksar to the north, it is quite rare for us to have been given the blessing to host an event for all whom reside in this world. Whilst it is a good thing, it leads me to wonder why?" He grabs another sip. "Ah well! His holiness probably just wants to learn as much as he can about the outside world!"

After a few moments, Ys'P'Qin begins to sing gently to himself a hymn in a language that none around him understand, and then turns back towards the guests, "Pardon that! Just needed to clear my mind from the drink, and singing to myself is the best way for me to do that! Speaking of..." he clears his throat. "How does music work in your land? Is there a lot of minstrels, poets, and such? Also... you said that this was your first voyage of this scale in a while... perhaps you could tell me why is that so? Is your homeland as protected as mine? Everyone is here for a reason; getting drunk, making deals, making alliances, or trying to bed someone... a voyage such as yours would have to be a grand reason, no?" He asks out of curiosity. It also seems his tone has shifted from a playful eccentric, to a more serious diplomat.
Blah!

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:19 am

Sannerby-Annestad wrote:
Aeternaea wrote:

Nykvist sat down as his mind was attacked by a swarm of greetings. He understood that Aeternaeans were a very home-grown, isolationist people who barely saw outside their nation, though, and thus didn't put it against them. If Nykvist were cooped up in the Most Serene Republic all his life, he'd be dying to know what lay outside. However, it was common knowledge that just outside the Most Serene Republic's boundaries were oppressed Sannerlanders that needed to be freed, and swine that needed to be vanquished.

He tried to respond to the questions quickly as they swarmed around him like the wasps that would swarm the harbour in the summer months; whenever you tried to get a cup of mead the wasps would swarm around it, attracted to the sweet smell of the drink. Lolede was a nice city to him; it put Sannerby-Annestad to shame in its architecture. Technically that was two cities, but they were indistinguishable and it didn't matter. He'd come here to set a good impression on the Aeternaeans of the city. His journey was eventful.

Lady Shae'W'Dea gave him a nice, formal greeting. He was intrigued about the land, there were so many questions buzzing about his brain, but he didn't want to come across as an ignorant foreigner. A lump of chicken had managed to move onto his plate with the assistance of his hands, and had now used its assistants to make a beeline for his mouth. The spices were quite intense for him; he was used to a rather bland, fish-based cuisine, although often ingredients from across the world were used in cooking due to their accessibility.

He decided to embrace the unusual pallete and ate the chicken. Then he turned to the colleagues around him.

"Do you wish to hear stories of my journey?" he asked.

Upon hearing his question, many at the table nodded, leading W'Shae'Dea to state on their behalf, "We'd be delighted to hear your stories. In exchange, you may ask us anything, and we will answer so long as we can. But first, your stories?" She seemed genuinely interested in hearing them, as was the rest of the table. Aeternaeans are very isolationist, but the one thing they export more than anything is knowledge. So they are always interested in learning more, at least in Lolede. None can say of the motives of the Heartlands, except the Eternal Throne.

"Tell us anything you may think interested, please?" W'Shae'Dae asks politely, as everyone around continues to enjoy their meals, listening in silence; with the music in the background seemingly lessening due to their interest in the topic at hand. It seemed as if, for them, that they've come across a treasure to learn. They were also very interested in hearing what Nykvist meant about 'Swine to be vanquished?' it seemed confusing to some of them that pigs would somehow be enemies of a nation... they were probably losing something trying to translate it in their heads to Aetae'ne Hae, but they chose to dismiss this concern to ask about it later on, after the tales, and the answers they promised to give subsequently.
Blah!

Kabryon
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 13, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kabryon » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:52 pm

"Dancing...ridiculous." Valterri had long since finished his third ale and was halfway through his fourth, though was experiencing no foul side effects. In Kabryon he was known for his constitution, particularly in alcohol tolerance. "Dancing is only for the noblest of the noble and the poorest of the poor. No man of my stature and position would be caught dead dancing." He chuckled under his breath at the absurdity.

Eerik absentmindedly nodded in agreement. He was scanning the crowd. Kabryon was famous for it's uncanny ability to make enemies, and he had to make sure his noble lord was kept safe. No doubt he would be targeted by at least someone, and he made sure to keep the most watchful eye on the Sannerlander. No good could come from these two in such close proximity.

Valterri set down his tankard, empty again. He stood and stretched. "I'm taking a walk around the hall. You can come with me or not." He strolled off, and Eerik noted that he headed in the Sannerlander's direction. Fearing the worst, he rushed after his lord to prevent any kind of confrontation. "Milord, should you not go the other way." Valterri laughed. "Relax, Eerik." he passed the Sannerlander, heading toward the far corner of the hall. Eerik sighed, but still felt it necessary to trail after him, knowing how short his temper could get.

Ulskar
Secretary

Founded: Feb 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulskar » Fri Jan 26, 2018 10:33 pm

Aeternaea wrote:
Ulskar wrote:Prince Gysbert of House Crom was no stranger to Lolede. In fact, he was what some might call bit of a celebrity. As the eldest son of King Adalbrant the Fair, the reigning monarch of Ulskar, much of his duties consisted of establishing his role as the future face of the realm. This meant attending balls and banquets, festivals and galas such as the one today. It was nearly dusk by the time his party arrived, the Loledian guards recognizing his carriage from a mile away. "Hail, and well met, Good Prince Gysbert of Ulskar" they'd say in Common. "Welcome to Yaquz'azraq."

One of his retainers opened the carriage door, and out stepped the prince into the biting cold. He shifted the furs on his shoulders, and entered the palace, enjoying heated halls he found ever-so-familiar from his frequent visits to this land. Both Ulskar and Aeternaea had become rich through the mutually profitable trade agreements they kept with one another, and Prince Gysbert was here today to keep the status quo. Not only that, he was also planning to mingle with the other lords and ladies in attendance, and secure further deals for the realm where possible. Scratching his trimmed beard, he surveyed the main hall where the event had already begun, scouting for key figures marked by their over-the-top elegant dress, before he was surprised by a velvet voice bearing a warm welcome.

"Welcome dear prince!" A voice said in excitement as Lady W'Zae'Nae came gracefully over as if she were in a dance. "It's been so long Gys- I mean Prince Gysbert." She corrected herself, remembering that this was a formal occasion. "We are so glad to have you here! You've also arrived fashionably late I see! Just as we were about to close the great gates." She said, almost as if she were slightly scolding him, in a playful manner. "Let me lead you in." Her cheery voice said anew.

As they walked into the palace, they discussed how things have been, until she leads him into the main hall with all the other guests. Then, she stands firmly as a professional host and opens her arms wide as retainers on either side of her approach bearing gifts. "Dear prince, we've gathered special gifts for you. Two in fact! The first is a ring that comes directly from the vi Rho family. This ring, made of pure platinum, bearing the emblem of the vi Rho companion of the Throne, was one of two worn by the founder of house vi Bak'Dea. Blessed by the Eternal Throne itself; to gift it away, father had to plead directly to the Throne and get a Holy Edict!" She hands the ring over in a sealed case. "In addition to this, we would like to award you with this Holy Edict." She hands it over. "It reads: the three Families of Lolede; members of the Ten Great Families of Aeternaea, have granted Prince Gysbert of House Crom the honorary title of 'F'Rho'Tae Liu'O'Liu'Eee', or 'Friend of Lolede'. Requiring not only approval of the Ten Families, but also of the Eternal Senate! It is especially rare, as the Eternal Throne had not vetoed it, making you the third person in history to be granted this title among outsiders!" She cheerfully claps her hands together and dances in delight.

She steadies herself once more and then curtsies. "Dear prince, please enjoy yourself, I must go meet the other hosts so that we can begin the next step. If you need anything, please find one of us." She smiles and heads over to the other hosts, who are already mid-preparation for the next phase of the event...

Prince Gysbert of House Crom.

Prince Gysbert bowed and accepted the gifts with the manner and bearing befitting an Ulskarian prince. He was well aware of the interesting place he held in Aeternaean society, and knew for a folk as secluded as they, these gifts were likely hard to obtain and likely harder to gift away. Loledians or even Heartlanders themselves, their folk hide behind masks when dealing with outsiders. However, they were warm and hospitable with him, curiously enough, and he knew he'd have to repay their gifts with due kind.

"Milady, before you depart, please accept these gifts from the Realm. Surely you think not that we'd come empty handed?"

His servants scurried out from behind him, carrying ornate chests filled with various luxury goods.

"Some nice furs, for the fair lady, as well as silver goblets fit for even the Eternal Leader to drink from himself" he said, with a slight smile spreading across his lips. "Or at least the second prince!" The Royal Dwarven craftmanship putting any human smith's comparable work to shame. After a formal curtsy, Lady W'Zae'Nae went on her way, and so did Prince Gysbert on his.

Events such as this always proved to be somewhat interesting at the very least. The Aeternaeans were always desperately curious about reports from the mainland, the happenings in Ulskar, as well as the Prince's opinion on every topic under the Sun. Many prominent figures from Loledian society came to the Prince and greeted him. He shared wine with some, stories with others. A pretty daughter of one of the higher merchant-noble houses offered her hand in dance, to which Gysbert graciously accepted. Like all men of high rank and great power, Prince Gysbert had his vices; his particular vice just so happened to be beautiful women. Perhaps that is why he and Lady W'Zae'Nae always got along so well? And perhaps some high-ranking noble ladies would be presented to him as potential brides tonight? As a handsome prince of one of the most powerful realms in the world, it was nearing time for him to marry, and he'd prefer a woman of some power rather than some duke's daughter back home.

After the dance and feeling the outlander wine finally kick-in, Gysbert decided to begin approaching the dignitaries of the various realms in attendance. He found that diplomats were always more open to negotiations once the ale or wine had passed through their veins. One notable character he was interested in meeting with was the bronzed Lord Merire of Seba Khemet, to whom the Prince offered a greeting to (despite the man parading about half nude in loose-flowing robes.) He also proposed a trade agreement with the merchant burghers of Sannersby and Annestad, who despite their low social status, still wielded remarkable economic power even amongst the larger realms of the world. He found one representative sitting at a table, heartily listening intently to some story being spun. Finally, he found Lady W'Zae'Nae again, the Trademaster of Lolede and standing representative for the Eternal Throne, to renew the five year trade contract between their lands. It was a question he already knew the answer to, but it'd be refreshing to hear for both nations with it said.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:19 am

Kabryon wrote:"Dancing...ridiculous." Valterri had long since finished his third ale and was halfway through his fourth, though was experiencing no foul side effects. In Kabryon he was known for his constitution, particularly in alcohol tolerance. "Dancing is only for the noblest of the noble and the poorest of the poor. No man of my stature and position would be caught dead dancing." He chuckled under his breath at the absurdity.

Eerik absentmindedly nodded in agreement. He was scanning the crowd. Kabryon was famous for it's uncanny ability to make enemies, and he had to make sure his noble lord was kept safe. No doubt he would be targeted by at least someone, and he made sure to keep the most watchful eye on the Sannerlander. No good could come from these two in such close proximity.

Valterri set down his tankard, empty again. He stood and stretched. "I'm taking a walk around the hall. You can come with me or not." He strolled off, and Eerik noted that he headed in the Sannerlander's direction. Fearing the worst, he rushed after his lord to prevent any kind of confrontation. "Milord, should you not go the other way." Valterri laughed. "Relax, Eerik." he passed the Sannerlander, heading toward the far corner of the hall. Eerik sighed, but still felt it necessary to trail after him, knowing how short his temper could get.

As Valterri explores the hall, he encounters many guests from different parts of the world. The vast majority of them however, are from Aeternaean territories. As such, they speak in a language that is unknown to him. After wandering around and exploring for a bit, he is approached by a guest. "Not having fun?" He said as he moves his hands into view, holding a pitcher of ale in one hand, and a glass of wine in the other. "I believe, as a local here, it is important that I do my best to ensure you are enjoying yourself." he stretched out his hands. "Care for a drink while I give you a tour?" he asked.
Last edited by Aeternaea on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blah!

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:33 am

Ulskar wrote:
Aeternaea wrote:
"Welcome dear prince!" A voice said in excitement as Lady W'Zae'Nae came gracefully over as if she were in a dance. "It's been so long Gys- I mean Prince Gysbert." She corrected herself, remembering that this was a formal occasion. "We are so glad to have you here! You've also arrived fashionably late I see! Just as we were about to close the great gates." She said, almost as if she were slightly scolding him, in a playful manner. "Let me lead you in." Her cheery voice said anew.

As they walked into the palace, they discussed how things have been, until she leads him into the main hall with all the other guests. Then, she stands firmly as a professional host and opens her arms wide as retainers on either side of her approach bearing gifts. "Dear prince, we've gathered special gifts for you. Two in fact! The first is a ring that comes directly from the vi Rho family. This ring, made of pure platinum, bearing the emblem of the vi Rho companion of the Throne, was one of two worn by the founder of house vi Bak'Dea. Blessed by the Eternal Throne itself; to gift it away, father had to plead directly to the Throne and get a Holy Edict!" She hands the ring over in a sealed case. "In addition to this, we would like to award you with this Holy Edict." She hands it over. "It reads: the three Families of Lolede; members of the Ten Great Families of Aeternaea, have granted Prince Gysbert of House Crom the honorary title of 'F'Rho'Tae Liu'O'Liu'Eee', or 'Friend of Lolede'. Requiring not only approval of the Ten Families, but also of the Eternal Senate! It is especially rare, as the Eternal Throne had not vetoed it, making you the third person in history to be granted this title among outsiders!" She cheerfully claps her hands together and dances in delight.

She steadies herself once more and then curtsies. "Dear prince, please enjoy yourself, I must go meet the other hosts so that we can begin the next step. If you need anything, please find one of us." She smiles and heads over to the other hosts, who are already mid-preparation for the next phase of the event...

Prince Gysbert of House Crom.

Prince Gysbert bowed and accepted the gifts with the manner and bearing befitting an Ulskarian prince. He was well aware of the interesting place he held in Aeternaean society, and knew for a folk as secluded as they, these gifts were likely hard to obtain and likely harder to gift away. Loledians or even Heartlanders themselves, their folk hide behind masks when dealing with outsiders. However, they were warm and hospitable with him, curiously enough, and he knew he'd have to repay their gifts with due kind.

"Milady, before you depart, please accept these gifts from the Realm. Surely you think not that we'd come empty handed?"

His servants scurried out from behind him, carrying ornate chests filled with various luxury goods.

"Some nice furs, for the fair lady, as well as silver goblets fit for even the Eternal Leader to drink from himself" he said, with a slight smile spreading across his lips. "Or at least the second prince!" The Royal Dwarven craftmanship putting any human smith's comparable work to shame. After a formal curtsy, Lady W'Zae'Nae went on her way, and so did Prince Gysbert on his.

Events such as this always proved to be somewhat interesting at the very least. The Aeternaeans were always desperately curious about reports from the mainland, the happenings in Ulskar, as well as the Prince's opinion on every topic under the Sun. Many prominent figures from Loledian society came to the Prince and greeted him. He shared wine with some, stories with others. A pretty daughter of one of the higher merchant-noble houses offered her hand in dance, to which Gysbert graciously accepted. Like all men of high rank and great power, Prince Gysbert had his vices; his particular vice just so happened to be beautiful women. Perhaps that is why he and Lady W'Zae'Nae always got along so well? And perhaps some high-ranking noble ladies would be presented to him as potential brides tonight? As a handsome prince of one of the most powerful realms in the world, it was nearing time for him to marry, and he'd prefer a woman of some power rather than some duke's daughter back home.

After the dance and feeling the outlander wine finally kick-in, Gysbert decided to begin approaching the dignitaries of the various realms in attendance. He found that diplomats were always more open to negotiations once the ale or wine had passed through their veins. One notable character he was interested in meeting with was the bronzed Lord Merire of Seba Khemet, to whom the Prince offered a greeting to (despite the man parading about half nude in loose-flowing robes.) He also proposed a trade agreement with the merchant burghers of Sannersby and Annestad, who despite their low social status, still wielded remarkable economic power even amongst the larger realms of the world. He found one representative sitting at a table, heartily listening intently to some story being spun. Finally, he found Lady W'Zae'Nae again, the Trademaster of Lolede and standing representative for the Eternal Throne, to renew the five year trade contract between their lands. It was a question he already knew the answer to, but it'd be refreshing to hear for both nations with it said.

Lady W'Zae'Nae greets Prince Gysbert, and addresses the topic at hand. "Dear prince, as before; the trade between Lolede and your homeland shall remain intact. The Heartlander goods that are permitted to be transported here, will be traded with you, to be used however you see fit." She smiled. "Of course, it is under the assumption that your people will keep to this side of the Aetae'ii ocean, as the Heartlands are still unwilling to allow outsiders." she continued. After the topic is discussed, she seemed about to talk about something else before Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea approaches, and makes a slight bow.

"Lady W'Zae'Nae, Prince Gysbert." He greets in his formal monotone manner. She curtsies in a response. "Lady W'Zae'Nae, please see to Lord Nykvsit. His presence is needed for a discussion." He said. Lady W'Zae'Nae nodded, curtsied, and departed in his direction. Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea then turned towards the prince.

"Prince Gysbert." He said again. "We believe that there is something that you would like to see. Please, follow me. I shall take you to our private museum." He gestured and began to lead on. Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea was known as an honourable man, albeit cold, calculated, and blunt. He believed that he must always act nobly, for the Eternal Throne that he represents, as a priest of it, is always judging.

Meanwhile, Lady W'Zae'Nae approached the delegate from Sannerby-Annestad; who was in the middle of telling a story. She listened to the story for a bit before interrupting at a moment where he began to take a drink. "Pardon me, Lord Nykvist." she curtsied, "I believe that there is something of interest to you that you would like to see. Something that perhaps would benefit your people." She smiled. "Would you please come with me?" She then turned towards those at the table, "Please pardon me, and excuse us." She apologised as she began to lead him off.

Lady W'Zae'Nae began to have idle chitchat as they walked, Prince Gysbert and Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea ahead of them by a few metres. After a while, the two ahead of them entered a room that was guarded by several of the elite guards sent here by the Holy Order of the Throne. After a few minutes, Lady W'Zae'Nae led her guest to the same room. Upon entering it, they both Kae'Kar'Dea and Prince Gysbert were looking at an old map on the wall and discussing things idly, waiting for these two to enter the room.

"At last, our final guests are here. Close the doors, great guards." Said Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea. "Now, shall we begin...?" The heavy doors were closed behind the entering duo, and locked.
Last edited by Aeternaea on Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Blah!

Seba Kemet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seba Kemet » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:06 pm

"Empty?" Merire blinked, "Well, perhaps at first glance, but to those with the eyes to see, the desert is just as lively as the river, or the sea as may be. I am sure the Namiw Sa...ah, the Elves of the Desert, would no doubt say you were blind and foolish...but they say such things of most people."

"Ah...yes, Deshkhet is much the same. Maatkare, enduring in life, has recently begun a policy of...more openness. While the Great Canal's traffic means that Deshkhet cannot truly isolate itself, the government and people have done their best to ignore the foreigners that make use of our waters...at least inasmuch as they could until now. Neferkare...ah, that is the Pharaoh's son, has become quite fascinated with foreign ways, and his father seems to be encouraged by this. I have no doubt that the world will hear more of Deshkhet soon. As to music, well, you can't turn a corner in any of the great cities without running into a musician. They're practically everywhere, as well as singers. Last I left there was a musical rendition of "The Contendings of Horus and Set" making the rounds in the streets...a most amusing tale, particularly in song form."

Merire noted the shift in his compatriot's mood, but kept his own steady. The practiced neutrality of court came easily to him, and he saw no reason to drop the mask, "Indeed, there are many reasons. Deshkhet has no...well, true *need* for such contact. The Old Kingdom endures with the cycles of the Great Canal, we have food, we have all the goods we need to live comfortably. Thus, it becomes a question of 'why should we go overseas, when what we need is here? I suppose you could say the reason is simply the Pharaoh's curiosity."

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:41 pm

Seba Kemet wrote:"Empty?" Merire blinked, "Well, perhaps at first glance, but to those with the eyes to see, the desert is just as lively as the river, or the sea as may be. I am sure the Namiw Sa...ah, the Elves of the Desert, would no doubt say you were blind and foolish...but they say such things of most people."

"Ah...yes, Deshkhet is much the same. Maatkare, enduring in life, has recently begun a policy of...more openness. While the Great Canal's traffic means that Deshkhet cannot truly isolate itself, the government and people have done their best to ignore the foreigners that make use of our waters...at least inasmuch as they could until now. Neferkare...ah, that is the Pharaoh's son, has become quite fascinated with foreign ways, and his father seems to be encouraged by this. I have no doubt that the world will hear more of Deshkhet soon. As to music, well, you can't turn a corner in any of the great cities without running into a musician. They're practically everywhere, as well as singers. Last I left there was a musical rendition of "The Contendings of Horus and Set" making the rounds in the streets...a most amusing tale, particularly in song form."

Merire noted the shift in his compatriot's mood, but kept his own steady. The practiced neutrality of court came easily to him, and he saw no reason to drop the mask, "Indeed, there are many reasons. Deshkhet has no...well, true *need* for such contact. The Old Kingdom endures with the cycles of the Great Canal, we have food, we have all the goods we need to live comfortably. Thus, it becomes a question of 'why should we go overseas, when what we need is here? I suppose you could say the reason is simply the Pharaoh's curiosity."

"Ah, curiosity?" Says Lord Ys'P'Qin. "Of course, that makes sense. It seems interesting that a nation such as yours would come to the ice-cold lands of Lolede. But at least you haven't tried to go to our perfectly temperature Heartlands!" he chuckles saying that. "I hope you enjoyed your time here, and that there are no regrets. I truly enjoyed this conversation, and wish to thank you for your time, but alas I must go, as it is my turn to present the following event..." he says, looking over towards the balcony. He gets up, makes a slight bow, and then heads off towards it.

Lord Ys'P'Qin is sure to greet everyone he passes by on his way, the last song of this event beginning to die down as he reaches the stairs and climbs up them. Those dancing begin to slow, knowing that soon the next stage of this Gala will soon be at hand...
Blah!

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Stage III: The Show of Lights

Postby Aeternaea » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:57 pm

Lord Ys'P'Qin reaches the front of the balcony, watching down at all those dancing. The musicians behind him nearing the end of their song. As soon as they finish, the room fills with applause as they look up to him on the balcony. At this same moment, Lady W'Zae'Nae, Lord Kae'Kar'Dea, and their guests enter the room.

"Attention to all the guests and this grand event!" Says Lord Ys'P'Qin aloud. "We would like to thank you for joining us on this fine evening and would like to begin by saying that you are all welcome to stay as long as you wish following the event. The rooms that were promised to you will be yours until you wish to depart, at our expense." Many people clapped at this. "In addition, if any of you would like to meet with any of us three hosts, you are always welcome to request it at any time while you're here." He opened his arms wide. "But now, it is time for the main event of the evening, something that has come from the Heartlands. A show of beauty and wonder. A show done entirely through the ingenuity of science." He gestured towards the ceiling, which was previously covered up with a false design, it was pulled open to reveal a clear glass dome, large enough that everyone could see the entire night sky.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please... on behalf of the Eternal Throne, we hope that you will all enjoy the show." He raised his fist into the air, and as he opened the palms of it, the sky began to light up a rainbow of different colours. The lights were dazzling, filling the room with the sense of excitement and wonders. These kinds of shows were never before seen outside of the Heartlands. Many of the guests were slightly scared at first but began to open up to the experience. "Please, do not worry! This is all a show of beauty, the Eternal Throne itself finds these shows to be thrilling, exhilarating, and beautiful. This shows the capability of the mind, and of science." The show began to intensify, the colours flashing in symbols unknown to the foreigners, but they were beautiful nonetheless. Aside from those, some shone in the simplest of shapes but were nonetheless able to bring beauty to them, such as a circle of various colours. "Please, enjoy the rest of your evenings! The show will continue until daybreak." Said Lord Ys'P'Qin, raising both his arms, gesturing them as if it were a symphony and he was the conductor...
Last edited by Aeternaea on Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blah!

Mokranshi
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 30, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mokranshi » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:38 pm

Skullfinder marched his way around the lower deck of the galley, ordering some sailors to carefully stow away the gifts the warmbloods had offered. The ship rocked gently in place, and he could hear the sounds of the sea lapping against the broadside. I can't believe I'm stuck here managing the new cargo while Obur stands unguarded. And it's not like Talak can even defend himself, let alone the Shaman. Despite his misgivings, Skullfinder was under orders to get the gifts safely back to the ship and return when done. At the far end of the deck, near the quarters, three comatose sailors laid in their bunks, unmoving. A healer was tending to them. Skullfinder trotted over and nudged him.
'Healer, how goes the sailors? Are they recovering?'
The man turned towards the imposing bodyguard. 'As well as they can be, praise Mulcarn. Thanks to the colder temperatures around these parts, the Summer Plague seems to be receding, but they have yet to stir. I fear that their bodies will suffer permanent damage without further aid.' The healer paused. 'Master Skullfinder, if it would not be too much trouble, could you inform the blessed Shaman and petition that he aid these poor souls? With his talent for cryomancy, he may be able to help them, perhaps cause them to wake even, if Mulcarn wills it.'
The beastman grunted. 'If you say as much, healer. The blessed Shaman is quite busy in his dealings with the warmbloods, however, and I can't guarantee that...' A faint sound caused his ears to prick up. 'Wait, did you hear that?'
The healer turned his head around the cabin. 'Hear what, Master Skullfinder?'
Breathing slowly, Skullfinder slowly made his way to the main deck of the galley, keeping a clawed hand close to his great axe. His ears twitches and turned all the while, searching for the source of the noise. It sounded faintly like an explosion of some sort, or several. Then he saw it. From the deck of the galley, he made out the color of several explosive devices...going off near the Palace. His eyes widened and his heart quickened in pace. Obur, no! With a bellow, Skullfinder drew his mighty great axe and began a frantic gallop towards the gleaming citadel. If the decadent warmbloods had sought to assassinate blessed Shaman Obur, there would be no cave nor den secluded enough for them to hide. I can only hope I am not too late. Obur, you summer-addled fool, why did you send me away?
Last edited by Mokranshi on Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 am

Mokranshi wrote:Skullfinder marched his way around the lower deck of the galley, ordering some sailors to carefully stow away the gifts the warmbloods had offered. The ship rocked gently in place, and he could hear the sounds of the sea lapping against the broadside. I can't believe I'm stuck here managing the new cargo while Obur stands unguarded. And it's not like Talak can even defend himself, let alone the Shaman. Despite his misgivings, Skullfinder was under orders to get the gifts safely back to the ship and return when done. At the far end of the deck, near the quarters, three comatose sailors laid in their bunks, unmoving. A healer was tending to them. Skullfinder trotted over and nudged him.
The man turned towards the imposing bodyguard. 'As well as they can be, praise Mulcarn. Thanks to the colder temperatures around these parts, the Summer Plague seems to be receding, but they have yet to stir. I fear that their bodies will suffer permanent damage without further aid.' The healer paused. 'Master Skullfinder, if it would not be too much trouble, could you inform the blessed Shaman and petition that he aid these poor souls? With his talent for cryomancy, he may be able to help them, perhaps cause them to wake even, if Mulcarn wills it.'
The beastman grunted. 'If you say as much, healer. The blessed Shaman is quite busy in his dealings with the warmbloods, however, and I can't guarantee that...' A faint sound caused his ears to prick up. 'Wait, did you hear that?'
Breathing slowly, Skullfinder slowly made his way to the main deck of the galley, keeping a clawed hand close to his great axe. His ears twitches and turned all the while, searching for the source of the noise. It sounded faintly like an explosion of some sort, or several. Then he saw it. From the deck of the galley, he made out the color of several explosive devices...going off near the Palace. His eyes widened and his heart quickened in pace. Obur, no! With a bellow, Skullfinder drew his mighty great axe and began a frantic gallop towards the gleaming citadel. If the decadent warmbloods had sought to assassinate blessed Shaman Obur, there would be no cave nor den secluded enough for them to hide. I can only hope I am not too late. Obur, you summer-addled fool, why did you send me away?

Upon reaching the gate of the Palace, several armed guards stand before the running beast, reported by locals. "Halt! You are here as a guest, lower your weapon." Yells one of the guards, fully armoured in gear foreign to the one from Mokranshi. "Why are you acting in a threatening manner? Do you wish to start a conflict between your people and ours?" He questioned, as many guards approached, one running into the palace to inform those of importance."

Surrounded and unable to get into the palace as more guards begin to approach, neither side makes an initial move. The Aeternaeans because they are on orders not to execute any foreigners without a Lord's approval, and the foreigner likely because they don't know how Aeternaeans fight.

Meanwhile, inside, the guard informs Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea of what is going on, whom then approaches the delegate from Mokranshi.

"Pardon me, dear guest. It seems that one of your escorts is attempting to fight the guards outside. Would you perhaps know the meaning behind this?" He asked, whilst gesturing him towards the gate. "Please come with me so that we may avoid a diplomatic issue?" He says, escorting him to the gates.

Back at the gate.

"Lower your arms and surrender, otherwise you are declaring war, war is not something you or your people would want." Said a voice aloud at the main doors behind the gate. "Whilst you are warriors, you would not wish to begin a war without consulting your people. It would be very unwise, especially as you are a guest." He continued, walking towards the guards. "As for you, my dear and loyal guards, lower your arms."

"As you wish." They all stated, lowering their weapons.

At this point, lord Kae'kar'Dea and the Shaman from Mokranshi arrive.
Blah!

Seba Kemet
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Seba Kemet » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:45 pm

"Indeed, Lord Ys'P'Qin. Go in peace and may your life be long." Merire smiled, gesturing across his chest in the traditional way when parting.

Merire and his companions watched as the man departed, resuming a quiet conversation among themselves, "Rather inquisitive, wasn't he?" Sewa-Hes said, training two eyestalks on the departing Aeternaean.

"Quite so, but they are an isolated people. Perhaps he truly is simply curious, although some of those innocent questions seemed rather pointed." Merire sipped at his drink once more, then blinked as the light show began. None in the Deshkheti party seemed particularly put-off, or even especially phased one way or the other, by the lights. After all, Deshkhet was the land where the gods still walked among men, and feats of crowd-pleasing magic were a common occurrence at temples, whether in the form of light shows by the priests of Ra, or the infamous dancing cats at the temples of Bast. Indeed, a few of the Deshkheti party openly sneered at those startled by the display, clearly showing that they, cultured folk of the Land of the Canal, had far better sense than such backwoods bumpkins as would be shocked by a mere display of lights.

"I suppose it is tasteful enough, though." Sewa-Hes went on, "How do you suppose they do it? Perhaps there is some mechanical device involved. No doubt the Temple of Ptah would be interested in such mechanisms."

"No doubt. But let us not create a diplomatic incident, my friend." Merire repressed a smile as one of the orcoid barbarians he had spotted earlier, engaged in some antics with the guards. He shook his head, then focused his attention back on the quite passable wine.

Mokranshi
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mokranshi » Thu Feb 01, 2018 6:52 am

Aeternaea wrote:
Mokranshi wrote:Skullfinder marched his way around the lower deck of the galley, ordering some sailors to carefully stow away the gifts the warmbloods had offered. The ship rocked gently in place, and he could hear the sounds of the sea lapping against the broadside. I can't believe I'm stuck here managing the new cargo while Obur stands unguarded. And it's not like Talak can even defend himself, let alone the Shaman. Despite his misgivings, Skullfinder was under orders to get the gifts safely back to the ship and return when done. At the far end of the deck, near the quarters, three comatose sailors laid in their bunks, unmoving. A healer was tending to them. Skullfinder trotted over and nudged him.

Upon reaching the gate of the Palace, several armed guards stand before the running beast, reported by locals. "Halt! You are here as a guest, lower your weapon." Yells one of the guards, fully armoured in gear foreign to the one from Mokranshi. "Why are you acting in a threatening manner? Do you wish to start a conflict between your people and ours?" He questioned, as many guards approached, one running into the palace to inform those of importance."

Surrounded and unable to get into the palace as more guards begin to approach, neither side makes an initial move. The Aeternaeans because they are on orders not to execute any foreigners without a Lord's approval, and the foreigner likely because they don't know how Aeternaeans fight.

Meanwhile, inside, the guard informs Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea of what is going on, whom then approaches the delegate from Mokranshi.

"Pardon me, dear guest. It seems that one of your escorts is attempting to fight the guards outside. Would you perhaps know the meaning behind this?" He asked, whilst gesturing him towards the gate. "Please come with me so that we may avoid a diplomatic issue?" He says, escorting him to the gates.

Back at the gate.

"Lower your arms and surrender, otherwise you are declaring war, war is not something you or your people would want." Said a voice aloud at the main doors behind the gate. "Whilst you are warriors, you would not wish to begin a war without consulting your people. It would be very unwise, especially as you are a guest." He continued, walking towards the guards. "As for you, my dear and loyal guards, lower your arms."

'What happens?', Shaman Obur shouted in broken Aeternaean. 'What of means?' Growling in fustration, he yelled in Mokrani, 'Talak! Get over here!' Then he turned to Skullfinder, who was waving his great axe menacingly at the guards before they lowered their arms. His momentary confusion disappeared when he heard Obur's voice. 'Skullfinder, drop your axe and withdraw!' His training kicking in, the beastman let go of his axe and knelt before the Shaman. Obur then made his way over and began to quietly mutter in Mokrani to him, 'What in Mulcarn's name has possessed you, Skullfinder? What drove you to charge at the palace brandishing an axe? Speak!'
Skullfinder brayed in Beast-tongue, 'I saw the great flashes of light coming from the palace, blessed Shaman. Great explosions. I feared that the citadel had come under attack, that the warmbloods had turned on you and the others.'
'What explosions?' Obur turned around to face the light show going on. 'Those? Those are flame-works or whatever they're called! They're a form of warmblood entertainment, you fool! No assassin would be so obvious as to set off an explosion that conspicuous!' Obur gritted his teeth just as Talak came clopping towards his master. 'Is something wrong, blessed Shaman?'
'Yes, boy, quite wrong. But it doesn't concern you.' Obur paused, then turned to address Skullfinder. 'Rise.' The beastman stood on his hooves.
'I want you to turn around and head back to the ship. You are confined to quarters for the remainder of the journey.'
'What? But blessed Shaman, who will protect you among the warmbloods? And there is more...'
'Enough.' Obur interrupted. 'Do not question my orders. You've caused enough trouble for one day, nearly bringing us to war with the southerners. Count yourself blessed I am not more severe. Head back to the ship. We will discuss more of this at day's end.'
Skullfinder paused before snorting, 'Yes, blessed Shaman.' He picked up and sheathed his great axe before turning around and trotting back to the ship. If he had any thoughts on this, he made no indication of such.
When the beastman had reached a good distance, he turned towards Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea and spoke while Talak translated. 'My sincerest apologies, blessed Great Lord. My bodyguard had simply made a grave error of reason. I shall see to it that he is properly disciplined come day's end. I vow in Mulcarn's name, there shall be no more such incidents from him or any of our people for the remainder of your blessed celebration. Forgive me.'

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:51 am

Mokranshi wrote:
Aeternaea wrote:

Back at the gate.

'What happens?', Shaman Obur shouted in broken Aeternaean. 'What of means?' Growling in fustration, he yelled in Mokrani, 'Talak! Get over here!' Then he turned to Skullfinder, who was waving his great axe menacingly at the guards before they lowered their arms. His momentary confusion disappeared when he heard Obur's voice. 'Skullfinder, drop your axe and withdraw!' His training kicking in, the beastman let go of his axe and knelt before the Shaman. Obur then made his way over and began to quietly mutter in Mokrani to him, 'What in Mulcarn's name has possessed you, Skullfinder? What drove you to charge at the palace brandishing an axe? Speak!'
Skullfinder brayed in Beast-tongue, 'I saw the great flashes of light coming from the palace, blessed Shaman. Great explosions. I feared that the citadel had come under attack, that the warmbloods had turned on you and the others.'
'What explosions?' Obur turned around to face the light show going on. 'Those? Those are flame-works or whatever they're called! They're a form of warmblood entertainment, you fool! No assassin would be so obvious as to set off an explosion that conspicuous!' Obur gritted his teeth just as Talak came clopping towards his master. 'Is something wrong, blessed Shaman?'
'Yes, boy, quite wrong. But it doesn't concern you.' Obur paused, then turned to address Skullfinder. 'Rise.' The beastman stood on his hooves.
'I want you to turn around and head back to the ship. You are confined to quarters for the remainder of the journey.'
'What? But blessed Shaman, who will protect you among the warmbloods? And there is more...'
'Enough.' Obur interrupted. 'Do not question my orders. You've caused enough trouble for one day, nearly bringing us to war with the southerners. Count yourself blessed I am not more severe. Head back to the ship. We will discuss more of this at day's end.'
Skullfinder paused before snorting, 'Yes, blessed Shaman.' He picked up and sheathed his great axe before turning around and trotting back to the ship. If he had any thoughts on this, he made no indication of such.
When the beastman had reached a good distance, he turned towards Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea and spoke while Talak translated. 'My sincerest apologies, blessed Great Lord. My bodyguard had simply made a grave error of reason. I shall see to it that he is properly disciplined come day's end. I vow in Mulcarn's name, there shall be no more such incidents from him or any of our people for the remainder of your blessed celebration. Forgive me.'

Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea bowed his head slightly, "Thank you for your assistance in this matter. It would be a shame for a conflict to arise from such a trivial thing." He said, looking towards the departing bodyguard, "He was attempting to do his job, but got overzealous." He continued, turning back towards the Shaman. "Perhaps the light show was too much?" he questioned before gesturing his hand back towards the room, "If you wish to return, you are most welcomed."

The guards ease themselves and get back to their assigned posts, bowing their heads as they pass the great lord, his guest, and the third person who initially came to calm the moment. The show was still going on in the background, illuminating the sky. "Worry not, none of the other guests shall hear of this occurrence." said the Great Lord.
Blah!

Mokranshi
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mokranshi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:40 pm

Aeternaea wrote:
Mokranshi wrote:

Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea bowed his head slightly, "Thank you for your assistance in this matter. It would be a shame for a conflict to arise from such a trivial thing." He said, looking towards the departing bodyguard, "He was attempting to do his job, but got overzealous." He continued, turning back towards the Shaman. "Perhaps the light show was too much?" he questioned before gesturing his hand back towards the room, "If you wish to return, you are most welcomed."

The guards ease themselves and get back to their assigned posts, bowing their heads as they pass the great lord, his guest, and the third person who initially came to calm the moment. The show was still going on in the background, illuminating the sky. "Worry not, none of the other guests shall hear of this occurrence." said the Great Lord.

'You honor me, blessed Great Lord. I shall not forget this gesture,' said Obur through Talak. 'Do not worry about the lights. They are a most fascinating sight, certainly not something I have ever expected to witness. You must forgive my guard. None of us have ever seen such a magnificent sight before. When you have the time, you simply must explain how your mages accomplish such feats.'

He continued, 'Yes, one of the most enjoyable parts of being acting ambassador is getting to witness the wonders of Gwalethia that many can only dream of. If this is only a small fragment of your great nation, then Aeternaea must be mighty indeed. I consider myself quite fortunate to be a guest in your magnificent city. Perhaps one day, if it pleases Mulcarn, I may be fortuitous enough to welcome you and yours into Kotan Kane, the city of ice. It would be tremendously difficult to introduce an outlander to the city, but it would be the least I could do to repay your hospitality and discretion.'

Obur paused as he proceeded back into the palace. Then, he turned once again to address Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea. 'Speaking of which, if it pleases the blessed Great Lord, I have a proposal for you that you may find quite interesting.' He stretched out an icy blue hand towards the Great Lord in an invitation to talk inside. 'Consider this the beginning of my repayment for your boundless generosity.'

With a huff, Skullfinder re-boarded the galley and headed below deck, trying his best to ignore the looks from the sailors. The healer's eyes lit up as he saw the beastman returned. 'Ah, Master Skullfinder! You've returned, and faster than I had expected! Truly, you are a most worthy servant of Mulcarn. So, what did the blessed Shaman say?'

Skullfinder addressed the healer, 'The blessed Shaman unfortunately cannot spare his help at the moment. He is...overwhelmed by his work with the warmbloods.' And far too infatuated with foul summer magic. The healer's expression immediately turned sullen, though he tried his best to hide it. 'Ah. I understand, of course. Diplomacy is demanding work, and no less important. It is no matter. I will continue to do my best to aid the ill. Perhaps there is some spare Everice I can use to ease their condition. Rest assured, I will not allow the Summer Plague to claim them. Not if I'm a healer worth my snow.'
'That is good to here, healer. Go about your business. If you require me, I will be in my quarters.' said Skullfinder.
The healer turned, looking momentarily confused. 'Forgive my impertinence, good guard, but aren't you going to return to the blessed Shaman?'
Skullfinder continued to trot to his cabin, refusing to break stride or make eye contact. 'The blessed Shaman has no more need of my services for the time being.'
Still curious but deciding not to press the issue on a clearly stressed kaprogor, the healer continued his work.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Mokranshi wrote:
Aeternaea wrote:

'You honor me, blessed Great Lord. I shall not forget this gesture,' said Obur through Talak. 'Do not worry about the lights. They are a most fascinating sight, certainly not something I have ever expected to witness. You must forgive my guard. None of us have ever seen such a magnificent sight before. When you have the time, you simply must explain how your mages accomplish such feats.'

He continued, 'Yes, one of the most enjoyable parts of being acting ambassador is getting to witness the wonders of Gwalethia that many can only dream of. If this is only a small fragment of your great nation, then Aeternaea must be mighty indeed. I consider myself quite fortunate to be a guest in your magnificent city. Perhaps one day, if it pleases Mulcarn, I may be fortuitous enough to welcome you and yours into Kotan Kane, the city of ice. It would be tremendously difficult to introduce an outlander to the city, but it would be the least I could do to repay your hospitality and discretion.'

Obur paused as he proceeded back into the palace. Then, he turned once again to address Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea. 'Speaking of which, if it pleases the blessed Great Lord, I have a proposal for you that you may find quite interesting.' He stretched out an icy blue hand towards the Great Lord in an invitation to talk inside. 'Consider this the beginning of my repayment for your boundless generosity.'

With a huff, Skullfinder re-boarded the galley and headed below deck, trying his best to ignore the looks from the sailors. The healer's eyes lit up as he saw the beastman returned. 'Ah, Master Skullfinder! You've returned, and faster than I had expected! Truly, you are a most worthy servant of Mulcarn. So, what did the blessed Shaman say?'

Skullfinder addressed the healer, 'The blessed Shaman unfortunately cannot spare his help at the moment. He is...overwhelmed by his work with the warmbloods.' And far too infatuated with foul summer magic. The healer's expression immediately turned sullen, though he tried his best to hide it. 'Ah. I understand, of course. Diplomacy is demanding work, and no less important. It is no matter. I will continue to do my best to aid the ill. Perhaps there is some spare Everice I can use to ease their condition. Rest assured, I will not allow the Summer Plague to claim them. Not if I'm a healer worth my snow.'
'That is good to here, healer. Go about your business. If you require me, I will be in my quarters.' said Skullfinder.
The healer turned, looking momentarily confused. 'Forgive my impertinence, good guard, but aren't you going to return to the blessed Shaman?'
Skullfinder continued to trot to his cabin, refusing to break stride or make eye contact. 'The blessed Shaman has no more need of my services for the time being.'
Still curious but deciding not to press the issue on a clearly stressed kaprogor, the healer continued his work.

Walking by the Shaman, Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea, in his usual diplomatic and neutral tone, "If the Eternal Throne permits it, I shall of course visit." He genuinely thought about this proposal, as it would be rare for the Throne to grant such access."As for the functions of these lights, they are not done through magic, but through the efforts of our scholars in the Heartlands. These can be mass-produced by the wise, and used across our lands for shows." He showed a smile as he was thinking about it. "And as for your proposal...? He continued, curious as to it. "Would you prefer to discuss this privately?" He asked, as they walked through the halls.
Blah!

Mokranshi
Bureaucrat

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mokranshi » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:31 pm

Aeternaea wrote:
Mokranshi wrote:

Walking by the Shaman, Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea, in his usual diplomatic and neutral tone, "If the Eternal Throne permits it, I shall of course visit." He genuinely thought about this proposal, as it would be rare for the Throne to grant such access."As for the functions of these lights, they are not done through magic, but through the efforts of our scholars in the Heartlands. These can be mass-produced by the wise, and used across our lands for shows." He showed a smile as he was thinking about it. "And as for your proposal...? He continued, curious as to it. "Would you prefer to discuss this privately?" He asked, as they walked through the halls.

'Ah, a most curious invention then! I can only hope to be as knowledgeable as your scholars one day if this is what they can accomplish.' said Obur with a friendly smile. 'While I'm afraid I cannot perform such feats as theirs, I do have other gifts. Gifts that might help you and your people here in Lolede. Please, follow me if it suits you. I will not be offended if you choose not to, for you have done more than I could ask already. However, I promise that what I offer will be a boon to all of this great city. Please, continue to walk with me.' Obur continued to walk towards the Sculptured Lodge, away from the other guests. He kept his pace slow, giving time for the Great Lord to ponder. 'As you may have noticed, I'm not entirely human. Though I suppose that was quite obvious.' Obur said with a slight chuckle. 'I've been blessed by the powers of winter. Wherever cold resides, such as your fair city, my people and I thrive. And this is not something that we would selfishly keep to ourselves.'

'I've seen a good amount of Yaquz'azraq.' Talak stumbled awkwardly over the pronunciation. 'It's a wonder to behold, truly. Its people have found good land, a good home. The deserve to live easily within their home, to live without fear of the frost or the snow or the might of winter. We can help them do this. More specifically, our Messengers can help them do this. They can show your people how to survive without fear of the cold. The people of Lolede don't have to agonize over whether or not their children will make it through the winter, or suffer the pain of its bite. They deserve better. We can make it better.'

Obur continued, 'Now, don't misunderstand me. I do not mean to bring down waves of Messengers across all of Aeternaea and violate your national sovereignty. That would be barbaric. Rather, all we ask is for permission to enter Yaquz'azraq alone. Not the Heartlands, not all of Lolede, just fair Yaquz'azraq. We would just need your permission, blessed Great Lord. Take it to the Eternal Throne if you must. Just say the word, and we will free your people from their suffering. This I vow in Mulcarn's name.' Obur finished with a dignified gait and a polite smile, awaiting the Great Lord's response. The noble's face was inscrutable, and Obur wasn't entirely sure what he made of the proposal.

Aeternaea
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Aeternaea » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:43 pm

Mokranshi wrote:
Aeternaea wrote:

'Ah, a most curious invention then! I can only hope to be as knowledgeable as your scholars one day if this is what they can accomplish.' said Obur with a friendly smile. 'While I'm afraid I cannot perform such feats as theirs, I do have other gifts. Gifts that might help you and your people here in Lolede. Please, follow me if it suits you. I will not be offended if you choose not to, for you have done more than I could ask already. However, I promise that what I offer will be a boon to all of this great city. Please, continue to walk with me.' Obur continued to walk towards the Sculptured Lodge, away from the other guests. He kept his pace slow, giving time for the Great Lord to ponder. 'As you may have noticed, I'm not entirely human. Though I suppose that was quite obvious.' Obur said with a slight chuckle. 'I've been blessed by the powers of winter. Wherever cold resides, such as your fair city, my people and I thrive. And this is not something that we would selfishly keep to ourselves.'

'I've seen a good amount of Yaquz'azraq.' Talak stumbled awkwardly over the pronunciation. 'It's a wonder to behold, truly. Its people have found good land, a good home. The deserve to live easily within their home, to live without fear of the frost or the snow or the might of winter. We can help them do this. More specifically, our Messengers can help them do this. They can show your people how to survive without fear of the cold. The people of Lolede don't have to agonize over whether or not their children will make it through the winter, or suffer the pain of its bite. They deserve better. We can make it better.'

Obur continued, 'Now, don't misunderstand me. I do not mean to bring down waves of Messengers across all of Aeternaea and violate your national sovereignty. That would be barbaric. Rather, all we ask is for permission to enter Yaquz'azraq alone. Not the Heartlands, not all of Lolede, just fair Yaquz'azraq. We would just need your permission, blessed Great Lord. Take it to the Eternal Throne if you must. Just say the word, and we will free your people from their suffering. This I vow in Mulcarn's name.' Obur finished with a dignified gait and a polite smile, awaiting the Great Lord's response. The noble's face was inscrutable, and Obur wasn't entirely sure what he made of the proposal.

Great Lord Kae'Kar'Dea, keeping his neutral face; learned through decades of training in the diplomatic field, bowed his head slightly in respect. "We are quite honoured with your offer, Lord Shaman. While it is true that you are naturals with the cold, I am afraid that we of Aeternaea, not just Lolede, would never be able to accept such an offer. We are all devout and loyal to the Throne, and have been since before any other nation had existed. The Throne has protected and guarded us for millennia, and none of us would ever betray it by converting. It is like a father to us all. I do hope you understand. As such, I must formally say that I cannot permit your messengers to enter. I speak for all the people of Aeternaea, when we say; we shall always follow in the path of the Eternal Throne, never to stray from its light." He bowed his head in respect to that thought, then looked up. "I do hope that you are not offended, we understand your faith is important to you, as ours is to us." He continued.

At the main event, the display was still going on, shining brightly... but slowly getting closer to the very end. Guests could tell, as the locals were beginning to calm and the chitchat died down as people began to stand in various spots, looking up towards the presiding host.

"Friends, guests, and locals..." Boomed Sea Lord Ys'P'Qin's voice throughout the room. "I wish to thank you all for coming. This event will be ending within the next few minutes, but of course you may stay until the food and drinks are all gone!" He raised his hands in celebration.
"However, after the end, myself and my two colleagues will be required to depart, so please, if you need anything; schedule an appointment with any of us." He smiled. "This event was a success. We were able to learn a great deal of information, forge new bonds, create new agreements, and meet a great variety of peoples from across Gwalethia... for this, we thank you all." He said, surprisingly humble for his eccentric self. "Now, as the last official announcement of this Gala... Enjoy the conclusion of the show!" He raised his hand in the sky, which fell dark for a few moments, until it was lit up with a firey explosion of multiple colours, spreading out in spirals; forming intricate designs known only to Heartlanders, but nonetheless beautiful. The show finally ended...
Last edited by Aeternaea on Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blah!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents