NATION

PASSWORD

The Infinites: And Beyond! (Comedy, Supers, Space, OPEN) -IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Barapam
Minister

Founded: Aug 04, 2014
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Tue Jan 02, 2018 6:19 am

Irina had of course recognized that the World War Two fighter plane, and by extention that included its pilot, was Finnish and not German, but she hadn't seen the point of mentioning that her teammates. In retrospect, it probably would've been a good idea to do so, but in the end it had all worked out, and further misunderstandings had been avoided. However, Irina continued to hide in the shuttle, and peek curiously at the scene when the air was temporary less lead-filled. She was after all unarmed, and figured it would just be stupid do to anything else. So with all other options ruled out, she contnued where she had left off.

"Malyška plačet v avtobuse va va va! Va va va! Malyška plačet va va va! I tak ves’ den’! V avtobuse dveri otkryvajutsja! Zakryvajutsja otkryvajutsja! V avtobuse dveri zakryvajutsja! I tak ves’ den’! Avtobus edet ne speša! Kolesiki krutjatsja! Avtobus edet ne speša! I tak ves’ den’!"

Somehow, Kapteeni Waltz managed to hear Sullivan's warning over Irina's loud and annoying singing. He quickly spun around and neutralised the threat. Probably. His aim was a bit off because of miss Borisova's performance, which required its fair share of attention, weather Hans wanted to or not. It likely also didn't help that he shot from the hip, like a Hollywood cowboy (or maybe like Auger?). Sure, it looked cool, but was it really effective?

What on the other hand was effective, was the thing the tardigrade was up to. Ah yes, the colourful tardigrade with no name. I bet you've all been dying to know what he's been up to. I'll tell you in time, but let's return to the thoughts of the Finn lost in time and space.

"All right, so not all lizards here are evil and out to kill me, at least one seems to be all right... Well that doesn't help much when the Russians are here too!" The words that next went through his head sounded a lot like Tolkienesque Elvish, and unusually poetic such, but it was really the foulest curse words to be found in both the Finnish and the Swedish language.

... aaaand now! We finally return to the Amazing adventures of the tardigrade! Wohoo! Finally! TAR-DI-GRADE! TAR-DI-GRADE! TAR- ... cough! Snort! ... sorry about that. Just pretend I didn't wrote that, and that you didn't read it.

Jimmy Sullivan. The one honest cop. The one good lizard, as Hans Waltz had described him. The one fun climbing point, as the tardigrade would've described him. Maybe he had been too caught up by the battle to notice, or maybe the tardigrade itself was too small to notice, but whatever the reason, it now seemed the reptilian rozzer had a bright neon, kilt-wearing pimple on the back of his head. At this point, the tardigrade enjoyed the view, but he had also gone tired of the kilt, and changed his mind completely about it. It was however hard to remove it with his small leg-hands, and in order to not fall down from officer Sullivan while undressing, he had no other choice but clinging onto his skin by his jaws. It worked! The tardigrade (which I from now on will refer to as "Tom", not because that's his actual name, but because it's a lot shorter and easier to write than "tardigrade". It's also possible that with a name, the audience might start to actually care for him, right?), I mean Tom, threw the kilt down on the ground, and it fell like a candy wrapper in the wind. Tom enjoyed the fresh air on his body, but something irked him slightly.

"Oh. Right. Hope that didn't hurt, funny climbing tower. Sorry I had to bite you, or whatever..."
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Estlobies
Envoy

Founded: Oct 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Estlobies » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:35 pm

Siorlo
As he heard a warning from a distance, he turned around to see a lizard creeping up behind him, about to stab him with a knife. He concentrated intensely as he moved out of the way, and it turned out that slowing the knife by 10.3% helped just enough to avoid him getting stabbed.

He then punched the lizard in the face, which did no damage whatsoever. He then attempted to run away, which only led him deeper into the spaceship, where he was captured by three members of the lizard mafia, who happened to be the last three alive. Out of ammunition and unsure as to what to do, the lizards threw him into the incoming fire from a couple of the infinites. Siorlo was dead.
Your Friendly Neighborhood Psychotic Bastard
Embassy Programme | WMD Circlejerk | SWG | ADL | IMAA | SW:G | ✠
Generally speaking, far. Not far-left or far-right, just far.
Pro: Executions, Mario Kart, Slavery, Vexillology
Anti: Consistency, Infidels, Logic, Stupid Bullshit
Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot at them?
I’m thinking of buying a church and changing it around: maybe selling crack and having a few whores in the pew.
Never give up on an idea simply because it is bad and doesn’t work.
If one synchronized swimmer drowns, do the rest have to drown too?

Talchyon
Negotiator

Founded: May 05, 2016
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:44 pm

The last battle scene of the Lizard Mafia Fight!
And here's how it all went down...

The mafia lizard with the dropped machinegun made some kind of noise. It was probably speaking, or shouting, but with Plant in its mouth, whatever it was trying to say, couldn't be understood. It was saying something along the lines of, "Augh!" Only with a lot more consonants and some other vowels, with a few diphthongs, in a strange accent, followed by nominal infinitives, participial phrases, future subjunctives, and other uninteresting forms of syntax. If only you could have heard it, and parsed it too.

As the Infinites and villains tried to get out of the car in front of this lizard, suddenly, with a gagging noise, the lizard fell over, having choked to death. After a little while, Plant emerged, very damp and uncomfortable, but basically unchewed.

The lizard with the knife missed. Why it slowed down, he never knew. Only that his prey, the weird looking alien that others had been calling Siorlo, ran deeper into the ship. Brandishing his knife, he ran after the alien threat! Little did this alien punk know that three more of his Mafia associates were there and waiting. They were the last three lizards left on the ship, kept back to guard their precious cargo they were trading with the Linguine's. And these, knowing the Infinites were coming for them, had thought ahead and had the spaceship windows rolled down so they could grab Siorlo and toss him out into the incoming fire from a couple of the Infinites. And so they did. Siorlo never saw it coming. Good thing the other three lizard Mafiosi picked the biggest of big windows that they had to roll down, so as to make throwing the body of the Infinite Siorlo out a lot easier.

It was too bad, however, in all their excitement at throwing Siorlo out, and in all his excitement that he was going to get to see Siorlo thrown out, that the lizard with the knife failed to come out of happy thoughts land and put on the brakes while brandishing his knife. Stabbing two of his fellow associates, muscle memory and all that causing him to strike dead the second one after the first one had fallen dead, and then realizing what he had just done, the other lizard Mafiosi turned against their own and ended his life, by throwing him out into the incoming fire from a couple of the Infinites, right on top of the now dead body of Siorlo. (OOC - And just don't try using a sentence with as many extra clauses like this in your English writing classes. Trust me). Then, that last remaining lizard mafioso alive on the transport spaceship that had been taking the cargo, remembered that he had forgotten his cholesterol medication recently, and had a conveniently timed heart attack, and died on the floor due to clogged arteries.

And who, pray tell, were those few Infinites that were shooting at Siorlo?

Captain Calculator dodged behind the Conveniently Placed Corporation's Conveniently Placed Cover while the bullets raced through the air. Finding Glitch, who was still lying on the ground, Calculator grabbed him and said, "Glitch! I need you to cover me while I charge that grassy knoll right over there!" Glitch, glad to be of service said, "Whatever, dude. I gotcha."

Then, Captain Calculator rushed, dove, spun, twisted, turned, zigged, zagged, thrusted, parried, all while thankful his middle-aged body was able to handle the extra exercise. Meanwhile, Glitch, having nothing to cover him with, decided to throw the Conveniently Placed Corporation's Conveniently Placed Cover at whatever or whoever might come into Calculator's path. Only...

"Oops. Sorry, Dude. Didn't mean to thwack you with that corporate sponsored cover I was strategizin' behind, an' all." Yep. That's right. Siorlo was killed by the high velocity throw of a Conveniently Placed Corporation's Conveniently Placed Cover. That is, if you are judging throws based on the strength of how hard and fast turnips throw things. Compared to a turnip's throw? My gosh! Glitch was mighty and threw that cover fast. Compared to the other Infinites? Or even to random people walking out on the street? Meh. Not so much. But enough to be considered as if it were shot.

Glitch didn't quite realize that his throw had actually caused the death of his teammate. When he would find out later, well, let's just say Glitch will not take well to it.

The lizard mafioso approaching the downed Finnish airplane was shot. Even though the aim of that shot was a bit off due to Miss Borisova's performance of the song that would by all means get her kicked off of America's Got Talent in the very first round, the lizard himself was also a bit off, due to having to duck a suddenly lobbed Conveniently Placed Corporation's Conveniently Placed Cover overhead. Needless to say, that mafioso died too, as the shot went through his heart, through his lungs, out his body on the other side, and then the bullet decided to come back to go through a few more spots in his heart and kidneys, before leaving out back just like it had the first time.

Officer Jimmy Sullivan felt a sting on the back of his neck, and a small strange voice calling him a "funny climbing tower." He instinctively tried to swat the Tardigrade. Who knew what effect that would have on it?

But seeing every lizard gang member of the Parrati's and the Linguine's dead sprawled out dead in a mess before him, he relaxed and said, "Hold your fire. They're all toast. We got 'em. Thank you, whoever you guys are. As far as the law is concerned, these boys here had a falling out and shot themselves, or stabbed themselves to death, or choked on plants to death by themselves, or whatever. I'm not charging you guys with anything." At which, Captain Calculator himself relaxed and powered down.

Officer Sullivan continued. "But I do wonder what it was that the Linguine's were wanting from the Parrati's. To have this many men to transport something, doesn't add up right. Why don't we all go to the spaceship and see what it was?"

So everyone followed Officer Sullivan to the ship. After poking around in it for a bit, Sullivan found where the cargo hold was and went straight to it. Opening the hatch and seeing the large containers inside, he went in and opened one. And then whistled. "Well I'll be. The Parrati's were dealing THE largest Crank shipment I've ever seen. This drug is nasty! And now, the Linguine's are out of a huge money source!"
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Louisianan wrote:Talchyon has great comedic writing, that is true.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Jan 09, 2018 5:28 pm

Hypoxia would watch as all this chaos went down, hiding behind her CPCCPC, and she didn't look like she was going to come out until everyone died. Luckily, like some Talchus ex Machina (whatever a Talchus was), the lizards would all die, some on their own behalf, and others because they were shot. It's amazing how effective bullets are at hurting people. Maybe she should pick up a gun? ...nah, that's boring. Holding her breath until people were dead was a lot more fun, and she was really good at it.

Grunt and Hypoxia would join the others in checking out the spaceship, and when they discovered the Crank, and realized it was a drug, Hypoxia would let out a long, really over dramatic gasp. Her body was probably ninety percent lung considering her longest time of holding her breath, so it was a big gasp. "Crank? Well, did these people learn nothing from the war on drugs? Did they not listen to Mr. T?!"

"Nah, I pity the fool who doesn't listen to Mr. T." Grunt chuckled before he suddenly punched himself in the face, causing him to stumble back.

That joke was bad even for me, rebel. Also, you should go protect those drugs. Stand in front of them and turn around every couple of seconds. Make yourself look vulnerable as you do it

"...I hate to say it, but it's a great idea." Grunt raised his hand. "Need someone to protect those drugs, then? I'm great at standing around."
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:43 am

Tom the tardigrade managed to jump away from Sullivan's swatting hand in just the last second, but lost his balance in the process, and fell tumbling down to the ground. It annoyed him, even though he wasn't in any immediate danger. Like all tardigrades, Tom was nearly undestructable, as well as invincible! However, the rough landing still made his many feet ache a little, and he was still too small and too far away to contribute in any way whatsoever to whatever the Minnesota Infinites would do next. That also kind of annoyed him.

Hans Waltz meanwhile was as perplexed as anyone that he actually had managed to kill the charging gecko gangster, but he attributed his success to his inherent Finnish badassery, rather than to the will of Talch', the almighty God of this galaxy, of which existence he was currently unaware of. Pretty pleased with himself, he holstered the pistol and went over to the, in his eyes, humanoid neon aliens and the lizard. He smiled, which was a very unusual thing to do for a Finn, and extended his hand to Jimmy. "Thanks for the warning. And for not arresting me." He then tried to spot the Russian lady, but didn't see her, and with not much else to choose from, he tailed behind Sullivan's tail to the spaceship the mobsters had used. This time he said nothing, and looked on the drugs with a stone cold face. Just like any typical Finn would do in the same situation, or indeed any situation at all. He didn't seem to react much to Grunt and Hypoxia either, even if he appreciated that Grunt hit himself again.

"Well I'll be. The Parrati's were dealing THE largest Crank shipment I've ever seen. This drug is nasty! And now, the Linguine's are out of a huge money source!"

"Yes, that's all fine and dandy, but what does it have to do with us?" Irina asked with her arms crossed. She had followed when Sullivan called, but since she hadn't said anything and still had an atypical skin colour, the Finnish flyer hadn't suspected her (it was also much thanks to her, in his eyes at least, futuristic clothes), and she herself had gotten used to the tolerant attitude of the Infinites by now and immediately accepted him as one of the gang, so she had no reason to think that her accent would trigger Hans, but it did. He pulled his Luger again, and aimed it at her, with hatred in his eyes.

"You red son of a $%&!#!! Give me one good reason not to kill you!"

Irina's answer came quickly. "Hmm... how about Nikolay Fyodorovich Makarov?" It was a bluff, but Waltz had no way of knowing that her gun was empty. At least she hoped not.

The situation had suddenly become a lot more international. Minnesota. Planet McPlanetface. Finland. The Soviet Union. And, representing Mexico, a standoff.
"nah man the path to true freedom is tsarist national bolshevik posadist monarchism with Japanese influence as is practised in Barapam." - Vladilan

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:10 pm

Nikolai the Bear

It was as though someone had put a large pair of surround-sound, fifty foot, high definition, background cancelling speakers next to his head when he heard Irina's predicament. Also, there just so happened to be speakers of those specifications sitting right next to him, the microphone that had recorded the sounds being placed at the edge of the soon-to-be duel.

"I am coming!" The bear cried. He charged over, a battle cry on his lips.

Why he was exhibiting this strange behavior, he didn't know. He certainly wouldn't do it for any normal person. He shuddered to imagine himself becoming one of those heroes. The thought almost made him gag, but this newfound heroic fervor wouldn't allow for such a thing!

He narrowed the possible explanations to Irina being a Russian; and Nikolai couldn't shy away from helping a comrade.

He finally made it to the scene, ramming the entire pound of his weight into Hans' legs. The bear began pounding his digits against him, hoping he'd do as much damage as he possibly could. "Go, Devushka! Don't look back!" He cried to her as he continued his onslaught against Hans's legs. It wasn't very effective, of course.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:50 pm

The drug transport ship
Officer Jimmy Sullivan

Barapam wrote:Tom the tardigrade managed to jump away from Sullivan's swatting hand in just the last second, but lost his balance in the process, and fell tumbling down to the ground. It annoyed him, even though he wasn't in any immediate danger. Like all tardigrades, Tom was nearly undestructable, as well as invincible! However, the rough landing still made his many feet ache a little, and he was still too small and too far away to contribute in any way whatsoever to whatever the Minnesota Infinites would do next. That also kind of annoyed him.

Looking at the shipment and trying to come up with a workable idea, Officer Jimmy Sullivan was a little distracted by the bite he had on the back of his neck a while before. It was swelling - that much was obvious - but he had no idea that the swollen area was beginning to look a little rainbow-colored. The same color as Tom the so-called tardigrade, whom Sullivan didn't see. And though it felt funny, it also made the lizard police officer feel like he could survive anything. While desiring to grow about ten or so extra legs on each side. And feelers. He wanted feelers. This was obviously the first time he had felt this way before, and it wasn't an ideal time, so he pushed the thoughts away and focused on the task at hand of figuring out what to do with the stash of drugs. He already had one volunteer to stay and guard it. Looking at the man, Sullivan had the sneaky suspicion that this guy wouldn't last long in a fight, however. Something about the man screamed, "I'm a target, shoot at me and you'll hit." However, before he could say anything, he was interrupted by a scuffle.

Barapam wrote:Hans Waltz meanwhile was as perplexed as anyone that he actually had managed to kill the charging gecko gangster, but he attributed his success to his inherent Finnish badassery, rather than to the will of Talch', the almighty God of this galaxy, of which existence he was currently unaware of. Pretty pleased with himself, he holstered the pistol and went over to the, in his eyes, humanoid neon aliens and the lizard. He smiled, which was a very unusual thing to do for a Finn, and extended his hand to Jimmy. "Thanks for the warning. And for not arresting me." He then tried to spot the Russian lady, but didn't see her, and with not much else to choose from, he tailed behind Sullivan's tail to the spaceship the mobsters had used. This time he said nothing, and looked on the drugs with a stone cold face. Just like any typical Finn would do in the same situation, or indeed any situation at all. He didn't seem to react much to Grunt and Hypoxia either, even if he appreciated that Grunt hit himself again.

"Well I'll be. The Parrati's were dealing THE largest Crank shipment I've ever seen. This drug is nasty! And now, the Linguine's are out of a huge money source!"

"Yes, that's all fine and dandy, but what does it have to do with us?" Irina asked with her arms crossed. She had followed when Sullivan called, but since she hadn't said anything and still had an atypical skin colour, the Finnish flyer hadn't suspected her (it was also much thanks to her, in his eyes at least, futuristic clothes), and she herself had gotten used to the tolerant attitude of the Infinites by now and immediately accepted him as one of the gang, so she had no reason to think that her accent would trigger Hans, but it did. He pulled his Luger again, and aimed it at her, with hatred in his eyes.

"You red son of a $%&!#!! Give me one good reason not to kill you!"

Irina's answer came quickly. "Hmm... how about Nikolay Fyodorovich Makarov?" It was a bluff, but Waltz had no way of knowing that her gun was empty. At least she hoped not.

The situation had suddenly become a lot more international. Minnesota. Planet McPlanetface. Finland. The Soviet Union. And, representing Mexico, a standoff.

Whalestron wrote:Nikolai the Bear

It was as though someone had put a large pair of surround-sound, fifty foot, high definition, background cancelling speakers next to his head when he heard Irina's predicament. Also, there just so happened to be speakers of those specifications sitting right next to him, the microphone that had recorded the sounds being placed at the edge of the soon-to-be duel.

"I am coming!" The bear cried. He charged over, a battle cry on his lips.

Why he was exhibiting this strange behavior, he didn't know. He certainly wouldn't do it for any normal person. He shuddered to imagine himself becoming one of those heroes. The thought almost made him gag, but this newfound heroic fervor wouldn't allow for such a thing!

He narrowed the possible explanations to Irina being a Russian; and Nikolai couldn't shy away from helping a comrade.

He finally made it to the scene, ramming the entire pound of his weight into Hans' legs. The bear began pounding his digits against him, hoping he'd do as much damage as he possibly could. "Go, Devushka! Don't look back!" He cried to her as he continued his onslaught against Hans's legs. It wasn't very effective, of course.

"Hey!" was all Officer Jimmy Sullivan could get out. To go from having just fought the mobsters, to now fighting each other? Who were these strange aliens?

The Teetotaler

Seeing the international incident unfold before his eyes, the Teetotaler thought he should chime in too, to bring the British perspective on things. Which, wasn't saying much since he was originally from North Dakota and had never lived in England, but still, it was the closest they were going to come to the British perspective here. "I say, dear fellows and my dear lady. This is simply improper. Here we are, in outer space on a strange planet, and you have the cheek to get into a row with each other? Put your gun down, my dear chap. You too, Miss. We need to learn to work together if we hope to get back."

If that didn't stop them, the Teetotaler had other means at his disposal. His thermos of tea was full. And he knew how to use it.

Captain Calculator

Hearing Grunt's statement about Mr. T brought a smile to Captain Calculator's face. That was one pop culture reference he actually got, since it was from the 80's and his frame of reference for pop culture only went about as far as 1988. But while he was thinking as to what Mr. T would do in a situation like this, Irina's question brought him down to reality.

Barapam wrote:

"Yes, that's all fine and dandy, but what does it have to do with us?" Irina asked with her arms crossed.

Calculator responded to her (before the Tex-Mexican standoff) "Beats me. This sounds like something they have to sort out themselves. We're just here to find those mechanical components."

It was just then that the fidget spinner communication devices went off. This time, the ringtone was different. Everyone had an annoying song. Calculator's was playing the chorus to this song, until he figured out how to shut the annoying voice off and figure out what Jerry was sending. He began to read the message aloud.

Hey guys. It's Jerry. So, I found out a little more about this planet and where this dropped cargo is.
Planet McPlanetface is a class D size planet (whatever that means) and has no real ruler.
It's home to a bunch of criminals and ganglords, so be careful...

Calculator said, "Yeah, tell me something we don't know..." He continued reading,

...but if you've spent any time on the planet, you've probably figured that out by now.
So anyway, the coordinates are here. I realize these are a bunch of numbers and you
guys probably haven't learned how to navigate on this alien planet yet. Basically, you
guys just have to go about ten blocks to the northwest, and you'll find a bar called
"Sei Un Succhiatore." Don't ask me what it means. Only thing is, you're going to be
in the heart of the area controlled by one ganglord, a Mr. Carlo "Fat Lips" Linguine.

Calculator stopped reading aloud and said, "Linguine? As in, the leader of the guys we just stopped? Something tells me this isn't going to be good." Again, he kept reading,

...You're going to have to watch out for him. He's one of the most dangerous men
on the planet. Some of the databases here have him wanted for all kinds of crime.
Even Intergal is afraid of him. But if he has these components, we need them. So
you'll just have to pull it together and get those parts. Try to be nice, but be safe.

-Jerry

Calculator looked up and said, "I guess I know where we're going now. Let's head out. Grunt, you too."

Officer Jimmy Sullivan piped up, "Don't worry about the drugs, guys. I know a place I can hide it. It's better for you to not know where they will be. Hopefully, we'll all meet up eventually."

And on that note, the Infinites and villains began travelling the ten blocks northeast, leaving Sullivan and his deputy behind. As for Waltz, Irina, Nikolai and the Teetotaler?
Well, the Mexican standoff was apparently now a walk-off.
The Clockwork Circus - Welcome to a steampunk RP rife with crime, gangs, beggars, and starting off as the lowest of the low, in the lowest socio-economic place there is.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:56 pm

His hatred blinded him. Literally. Hans didn't see Nikolai come, but he did hear him, and quickly glanced to the side. He expected to see a Red Army infantryman to come charging, but he didn't see anything at all. He did however felt something soft punch against his leg. The sheer surprise was almost enough for it to have the effect the teddy bear desired, but just almost. Glancing down at the furry toy, Hans didn't believe his eyes.

"This can't be normal. Did I take too much Pervitin today? Or too little?" he thought, and ignored Sullivan completely.

While Waltz contemplated the effects of his dru- er, medicine use (since we need the approval of the CCA), Irina had the perfect moment to strike at her opponent, or as Nikolai suggested, to flee. She decided to do neither. "Actually Mishka, I agree with Teetotaler for once. We shouldn't..." She was interrupted by the annoying songs from all the fidget spinners. Irina's ringtone this time was the most dreadful thing Europeans had ever created: Ukraine's entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2007, "Dancing Lasha Tumbai" by Verka Serduchka. Irina tried in vain to make her ears shut themselves, because with a crazy, although not drunk, Finn seemingly bent on killing her the first chance he got, she couldn't get her hands free to cover her ears or turn the music off.

"By the whiskers of Stalin! What IS this tintinnabularous noice!?"

Eventually, and not a second too soon, the so-called "song" stopped, and she managed to hear the last part of Jerry's info. The Finn lit up at the mentioning of Linguine, as he sensed a possibility that an Italian could help him against the Russkies, but Irina noticed his smug smile as they began to walk.

"Look, there's something I must tell you", she said to him calmly. "The war is over. It ended 25 years ago. It's 1969. Our countries are no longer enemies. I'm telling you the truth. I don't know how or why, but you've must've been transported into the future somehow. Now please put your gun down, before anyone gets hurt."

Hans of course didn't believe her, and he didn't put his gun down either. Just like Irina predicted, it led him to get hurt, because Nikolai hadn't given up, and his last tackle made Hans loose his balance and fall. Due to the slight gravity difference between Planet McPlanetface and Earth, it looked extra funny. Even the tardigrade, now far behind them, burst into laughter when the Nordic aviator crashlanded and dropped the lethal weapon he up until then had been holding.

Last edited by Barapam on Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:44 am

On the way to the Italian gangster hideout and possibly the way to get off this violent planet
Coathangerman

Barapam wrote:His hatred blinded him. Literally. Hans didn't see Nikolai come, but he did hear him, and quickly glanced to the side. He expected to see a Red Army infantryman to come charging, but he didn't see anything at all. He did however felt something soft punch against his leg. The sheer surprise was almost enough for it to have the effect the teddy bear desired, but just almost. Glancing down at the furry toy, Hans didn't believe his eyes.

"This can't be normal. Did I take too much Pervitin today? Or too little?" he thought, and ignored Sullivan completely.

While Waltz contemplated the effects of his dru- er, medicine use (since we need the approval of the CCA), Irina had the perfect moment to strike at her opponent, or as Nikolai suggested, to flee. She decided to do neither. "Actually Mishka, I agree with Teetotaler for once. We shouldn't..." She was interrupted by the annoying songs from all the fidget spinners. Irina's ringtone this time was the most dreadful thing Europeans had ever created: Ukraine's entry for Eurovision Song Contest 2007, "Dancing Lasha Tumbai" by Verka Serduchka. Irina tried in vain to make her ears shut themselves, because with a crazy, although not drunk, Finn seemingly bent on killing her the first chance he got, she couldn't get her hands free to cover her ears or turn the music off.

"By the whiskers of Stalin! What IS this tintinnabularous noice!?"

Eventually, and not a second too soon, the so-called "song" stopped, and she managed to hear the last part of Jerry's info. The Finn lit up at the mentioning of Linguine, as he sensed a possibility that an Italian could help him against the Russkies, but Irina noticed his smug smile as they began to walk.

"Look, there's something I must tell you", she said to him calmly. "The war is over. It ended 25 years ago. It's 1969. Our countries are no longer enemies. I'm telling you the truth. I don't know how or why, but you've must've been transported into the future somehow. Now please put your gun down, before anyone gets hurt."

Hans of course didn't believe her, and he didn't put his gun down either. Just like Irina predicted, it led him to get hurt, because Nikolai hadn't given up, and his last tackle made Hans loose his balance and fall. Due to the slight gravity difference between Planet McPlanetface and Earth, it looked extra funny. Even the tardigrade, now far behind them, burst into laughter when the Nordic aviator crashlanded and dropped the lethal weapon he up until then had been holding.

Hearing the not-exactly-broken-up scuffle between Irina and the Finn, Coathangerman got a big grin as he heard Irina speak. So that was what her situation was. She still thought it was 1969! That's why she dressed in ridiculously dated clothes! She wasn't like him, buying all his clothes at 2nd hand store rejects, simply because he was cheap. No! She actually thought she was in style!

Coathangerman was going to respond to her ignorant statement. He was, after all, practically her older brother who picks on his little sister. If by "practically" you mean, having no real relationship and having only met her recently, and of course, the fact that she was a heck of a lot older, too. But all of a sudden, those blasted fidget spinners turned on full blast with the annoying music. And of course, his ringtone sounded like this. With hands up to his ears, he could barely think straight. Finally, the annoying songs stopped, and he heard the info from Jerry. Of course, what they were looking for couldn't be out in the open somewhere, with a sign on it that said, "Take me, Take me, no questions asked." Nope. Not their luck. The illegal contraband mechanical components they were looking for? Only at the headquarters of one of the most dangerous crime lords of the planet, whose men they had just had a hand in killing.

Sure. Coathangerman thought there might be a chance the crime boss would just want to hand it over. To them. Just like that. And Ed and Aesculapius, the Siamese twins joined at the leg, had about as much of a chance of getting a date for Friday night with a normal girl. On a double date with Pill-OW and Goldilocks with them.

But as they were heading out, and had gone a block or too, the Commie Bear Nikolai went all out - as much as an evil Communist teddy bear can go all out. And somehow, the Finn fell over. Glancing back at them, Coathangerman could swear he saw a tardigrade following them in the background. Ignoring that, Coathangerman picked up the lethal weapon, ex-weapon, or whatever you wanted to call it that the Finn had dropped. Then Coathangerman put the firearm in his belt and said, "Guys. We're supposed to be trying to get off this planet. I really don't want to stay here any longer than needed."

So what if some of the villains, Doc Bur-Ock, Diet Cola, Ulterior Motive Man and some of the rest, looked annoyed at Coathangerman and thought a fight with the wimpy heroes might be nice after all...

Meanwhile, at the gangster's hideout...

An underling rushed into the room where the papa of the crime family was sitting and enjoying a nice cigar over a card table with his distinguished guests. This particular lizard underling was a wanna-be, who wasn't the sharpest bulb or the brightest pencil in the room. But when the obviously frightened underling ran up to his boss, with all due reverence and respect for the crimelord who could end the lizard's life at a click of his scaly fingers, and whispered in his ear, the already-angry looking eyes of Carlo "Fat Lips" Linguine got even angrier, and a low, menacing voice growled out. "They killed them all? And we lost all that supply?! They are dead! No one messes with Carlo Linguine that way!"
Last edited by Talchyon on Wed Jan 24, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:25 pm

Ed and Aesculapius
Ok. Um. That whole non-existent plan was not-so-suddenly no longer a plan anymore. Everyone saw that coming. After the Talchus ex Machina, the fidgit spinner communication device went off, indicating that Ulterior Motive Man Jerry was about to inform everybody of what they would do next. It's almost like he knew it before hand and was guiding the heroes and villains to whatever he wanted. It's almost like he was a man, with an ulterior motive. An Ulterior Motive Man, if you will. Ah, you get the picture. Anyhoo, Aesculapius's device went off with the amazing musical talents of the nameless trio. You do not get to find out what it is until you click on the link. For all you know this link is Tuvan throat singing. It's not, because Tuvan throat singing actually sounds good, but you get where I'm coming from with this.

Ed, because for some reason the Siamese twins had different Ulterior Motive Man- Jerry-get-in-touch-with devices, tried to turn his off before it went off, but it went off with the big hit love song, "You've Got Sole," from the Broadway musical, "Uh, Som'n About a Shoe."

The twins, confused, quickly silenced the devices, and ran, middle foot first, as usual, over to Coathangerman, thinking that he had said their names, but completely unsure of the context.

Joshua James
No one knows why Mr. James was still with them. He didn't have powers anymore, he wasn't useful when he had had them, and everyone thought that he was going to die during that year that he was covered in molten lead and fire. For some reason, he was still around. What people understood even less was why he had been given one of the communication devices. His spinner decided that the best possible ringtone for the situation was everyone's favorite Weasel Stomping Day sing-a-long song, "Weasel Stomping Day."

What was the telling of all these strange "songs" leading up to? The world may never know.

Or they will.

They'll probably find out in a couple half-minutes.

Or more.

Depending on their reading speed.

And their distractedness.

Oh look! A squirrel.

Where was I going with this?

Oh yeah.

Um.

Poppycock and balderdash

There. That should work as a distraction.

Steve

No one knows how Steve was able to hold onto the communication device in the first place; maybe it was the kilt. But the kilt hadn't been there when it got it, so... However you want to go about this, Steve had one. It blared out, at the top of its mechanical lungs, whatever this amazingness is. No se. Probablemente es una canción.

Oh yeah, since Steve doesn't have hands, it can't turn off the song, now could it?

Florida Man
David Adams

Florida Man, looking off into the middle distance, entirely distracted by everything, felt his device go off before he heard it. Once he heard it, however, oh, you know that he just had to listen around for all of the other songs being played at the same time. His ringtone was...

I don't even know what to say...

It was, wait for it... Um. I don't know how to describe it.

Florida Man busted out his amazing Yah Yah Tippy Nah Nah skills just for the horrible combination of song-like ringtones that included "Dancing Lasha Tumbai," "What Do You Get a Wookiee For Christmas (When He Already Owns a Comb)," "Musical Saw and Accordian," "Jingle Bells," "Weasel Stomping Day," "You've Got Sole," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and others.

It was the most horrifying thing anyone had ever seen.

If the lizards hadn't all conveniently died from bullets and things like that, then they would have died from spontaneous ocular combustion that spread to the rest of the body. If you thought that the songs were bad, you have never seen a Southern, middle-aged white guy Yah Yah Tippy Nah Nahing to those songs that never go together, no matter who you ask. It was horrifying enough to move the plot along into Saskatchewan, with a singing and dancing bear and frog. Too bad the plat wasn't headed into Saskatchewan, unless...
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Wed Jan 24, 2018 2:39 pm

Hans, or "Hasse" as his friends called him, got to his feet with a groan, finally free from Nikolai's punching paws, and just in time to see Coathangerman take care of his Luger. He gave him a nod. "At least we can both agree on that..." He then looked to Irina. "You know what? I believe you. Because we certainly didn't have this crappy music in my time... and we danced a lot better too!", he said and pointed at Florida Man, with the kind of facial expression people of an older generation usually have when people of a younger generation act really weird to them. The only thing Hans missed to make the gesture complete, was wrinkles.

Irina was happy that the Finn had seen reason, so she put her own gun away in some kind of dimensional pocket/hammerspace which the extraterrastrial fashion designers had equipped her dress with (because of course they had, with their superior technology. Otherwise she'd have to carry it all the time, give it to someone else, or use hiding places that don't exactly work in a PG-13 setting), and extended her right hand to him, which he took and shook as they walked.

"I'm Irina Borisova, Soviet space traveller. We're all superheroes, representing Earth. I'm new to the gang too though, so maybe Captain Calculator here can explain it better."

"Another captain, how about that! I'm Hans Waltz, captain in the Finnish Air Force." He turned towards the accountant-looking hero, and waited for what he would say. There were a lot of things he wanted to ask them about the future. Their wrist phones, for example. And how the war had ended. But most of all, he of course wanted to hear celebrity gossip. How had things turned out for Rita Hayworth and so forth?

Beneath them, Tom the little tardigrade had finally caught up with them. He squeeked for them to wait so he could regain his breath, but not even he thought any of them actually heard his plead.

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:53 pm

Outside "Sei un Succhiatore" (the evil not-so-secret headquarters of the gangster, Carlo "Fat Lips" Linguine)
Coathangerman

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Ed and Aesculapius

The twins, confused, quickly silenced the devices, and ran, middle foot first, as usual, over to Coathangerman, thinking that he had said their names, but completely unsure of the context.

And just like that, walking those ten blocks was completely done. Coathangerman was about to suggest that it was the mysterious force known only as "Talchus Ex Machina," but then decided, naw, they all just really sucked at noticing all the details and intricacies while at the same time excelling at walking those ten blocks on an alien world without any real area knowledge. Or maybe it was just that the gravity on the planet was different enough that they could walk as normal only go a lot farther. Or, maybe it was just that there was nothing to be gained plot-wise by continuing out the scene on the walkway.

Talchus Ex Machina. Please. Like whoever this Talch guy was even in a machine.

But before things got too philosophically weird, the twins came over. Apparently, they both thought they had really annoying songs. And maybe you might not think so, especially if you were related to any of the three young clarinet players who were obviously learning (and not doing too bad for their level and skill proficiency). But Coathangerman was in a foul mood. Why, you ask? (No, seriously, you really should ask it. Fine. You don't want to? What if we say it together? Would that help? Ok. So let's say together, "Why, Coathangerman, were you in a foul mood?" Ready? Ok. On the count of 3. Not 5, sir. 3. 3 being the number that we will count to, and the number of our counting shall be 3. So let's go. 1... 2... 3... "Why, Coathangerman, were you in a foul mood?" What? What's that? You didn't actually say that along with me, and you thought you could get away with it? That it was me alone asking the question, and you mouthing along with it while I asked? Don't you think I can't tell when you mouth words and don't actually ask? Whatever. Now you got me all upset. And I won't like it if I get upset. It's like I turn into a lesser version of the Hulk, not that I get all green and strong and smash things, but that I get kind of upset, just like he gets kind of upset. Only I don't turn green. At least as far as you know. What's that? This non-sequitur is distracting from the actual post? Fine. I'll get over it.)

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Steve

No one knows how Steve was able to hold onto the communication device in the first place; maybe it was the kilt. But the kilt hadn't been there when it got it, so... However you want to go about this, Steve had one. It blared out, at the top of its mechanical lungs, whatever this amazingness is. No se. Probablemente es una canción.

Oh yeah, since Steve doesn't have hands, it can't turn off the song, now could it?

The reason Coathangerman was in a foul mood was because the annoying song his fidget spinner ringtone decided to play, was a recording of his own polka band, the last time they had played a concert. So, to make things better, he took Steve's fidget spinner and turned off the ringtone, and then handed it back to Steve, even though Steve has no hands.

Speaking to the twins, Coathangerman said, "Looks like we're here. Why don't you guys go in first. I'll be right behind you."

Diet Cola

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:Florida Man
David Adams

Florida Man, looking off into the middle distance, entirely distracted by everything, felt his device go off before he heard it. Once he heard it, however, oh, you know that he just had to listen around for all of the other songs being played at the same time. His ringtone was...

I don't even know what to say...

It was, wait for it... Um. I don't know how to describe it.

Florida Man busted out his amazing Yah Yah Tippy Nah Nah skills just for the horrible combination of song-like ringtones that included "Dancing Lasha Tumbai," "What Do You Get a Wookiee For Christmas (When He Already Owns a Comb)," "Musical Saw and Accordian," "Jingle Bells," "Weasel Stomping Day," "You've Got Sole," "Somewhere Over the Rainbow," and others.

It was the most horrifying thing anyone had ever seen.

It was indeed the most horrifying thing that Diet Cola, the hardened soft-drink villain, had ever seen. He couldn't help himself. He made a frightened, cowardly noise. Something like... this...

Doc Bur-Ock simply looked at him in disgust and said, "Oh please." And Diet Cola, shamefaced, looked down and mumbled psychotic mumblings to himself.

Glitch

The Last Abode of Pando wrote:If the lizards hadn't all conveniently died from bullets and things like that, then they would have died from spontaneous ocular combustion that spread to the rest of the body. If you thought that the songs were bad, you have never seen a Southern, middle-aged white guy Yah Yah Tippy Nah Nahing to those songs that never go together, no matter who you ask. It was horrifying enough to move the plot along into Saskatchewan, with a singing and dancing bear and frog. Too bad the plot wasn't headed into Saskatchewan, unless...

Like, I had this idea. Or maybe it was a dream. That all those lizard gang members who died, died because of like spontaneous ocular combustion. Like, their eyes just went up in flames. And like, dude. They were in Canada too. Or maybe I was just incoherent for a few minutes.

Because, it reminded me of a video I saw once. Where there was this bear, and this frog, and they were like, friends? I think? Dude. If I could only point people to what I remember seeing, I would point them to something like this. It's obviously what everyone thinks of when they think of a bear and a frog together. Dude. I have nothing profound to say right now, so I'll just go back to the land of happy.

Captain Calculator

Barapam wrote:Hans, or "Hasse" as his friends called him, got to his feet with a groan, finally free from Nikolai's punching paws, and just in time to see Coathangerman take care of his Luger. He gave him a nod. "At least we can both agree on that..." He then looked to Irina. "You know what? I believe you. Because we certainly didn't have this crappy music in my time... and we danced a lot better too!", he said and pointed at Florida Man, with the kind of facial expression people of an older generation usually have when people of a younger generation act really weird to them. The only thing Hans missed to make the gesture complete, was wrinkles.

Irina was happy that the Finn had seen reason, so she put her own gun away in some kind of dimensional pocket/hammerspace which the extraterrastrial fashion designers had equipped her dress with (because of course they had, with their superior technology. Otherwise she'd have to carry it all the time, give it to someone else, or use hiding places that don't exactly work in a PG-13 setting), and extended her right hand to him, which he took and shook as they walked.

"I'm Irina Borisova, Soviet space traveller. We're all superheroes, representing Earth. I'm new to the gang too though, so maybe Captain Calculator here can explain it better."

"Another captain, how about that! I'm Hans Waltz, captain in the Finnish Air Force." He turned towards the accountant-looking hero, and waited for what he would say. There were a lot of things he wanted to ask them about the future. Their wrist phones, for example. And how the war had ended. But most of all, he of course wanted to hear celebrity gossip. How had things turned out for Rita Hayworth and so forth?

Beneath them, Tom the little tardigrade had finally caught up with them. He squeeked for them to wait so he could regain his breath, but not even he thought any of them actually heard his plead.

Captain Calculator looked a little uncomfortable that the Hans the Happy Finn, the Finnster, the Finnished Product Man, was impressed at his title. Rather than lie about being a military captain, and also rather than take credit for something he had no reason to take credit for, Calculator tried to ignore that. Instead, he tried to explain - to the best of his ability - about what had happened to them since Spasticus the Snarler showed up uninvited to Earth. "...And so, that's why we're all trying to get these mechanical components from this Carlo Linguine guy. It sounds like he's pretty dangerous. I don't know what's going to happen in there, but just be careful. And that's for all of us."

After gulping, Calculator led the way into the Italian bar / secret headquarters / certain deathtrap before them. Everyone followed. Even the tardigrade.

And that's how they all found themselves being held captive by strong lizards in fedoras and pinstripes, while other lizard mafia men aimed tommy guns at each and every one of them. And from the shadows, an older-looking lizard with bigger lips, wearing snazzy red pinstripes said, "What have we here. You boys have made a very big mistake. There I was, just playing a game of cards with my childhood friend, Don Calamari. And then I get the news that you have not only killed off some of my friends, but that you also steal from me! Not good, boys. Not good at all. You're going to have to pay. And we'll start with... her." The old, wizened finger claw pointed out at Irina.

Zjaum
Senator

Founded: Oct 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Sat Jan 27, 2018 11:32 am

Aubree "Goldilocks" Lincoln

Aubree was secretly enjoying the pranks that Henry made on the Finnish man but was distracted by a small glimmer in a crack in the wall. She slowly ignored all the dangers around her and started to approach it. It looked like some sort of portal, hidden in a crack in the wall! She was able to punch a larger hole but even still was only barely able to squeeze through with her large metal frame and all.

The space in between the ends of the portal were very big and very spacious, filled with twists, turns, and dead ends. It must surely have been the most inefficient version of space travel yet conceived! After what seemed like a month and two weeks of traversing the vast mazes inside the portal, she made a few brief markings by punching holes in walls, hoping to save the next traveller a bit of time.

There was another wall at the other end of the portal. She punched her way through that and stated, "Oh yeah!" in a deep gurgle-y voice before coughing profusely. She looked around only to find the exact same people, in roughly the exact same place, with the exact same lizard-looking people. Who were holding tommy guns. Now pointed at her. She backed up into the portal.

"Yeah. I sure am. I secretly run that government in my spare time."

Henry "Blimp Man" Hinshaw

Well, this was an odd turn of events. He had expected a "no," but this "yes" was a lot more interesting. It could have a myriad of implications when they get back home. He mused so hard that he completely ignored Hans's proclamation that he was Finnish. While he technically only mused for an hour or two, it felt like a month and two weeks' worth of time had actually passed. When he awoke from his trance, everyone was gone, and there was this odd-looking portal thing in a hole in the wall. He walked in, making sure to follow the punched holes in spacetime, until he bumped into Aubree at the very end. Yeah, figures; she was the only one in the group strong enough to make those kinds of punches, anyway. And that probably included all the lizard mafia goons. Speaking of.

Both Aubree and Henry fell back out the end of the portal, just to see an old wizard point a crooked finger at Irina. Aubree got up and attempted to re-retreat through the portal, only to see those punches she made take effect and close the portal for good. Well. Aubree smiled nervously. "Hi, there... I'm sorry for busting down your wall... I can fix it, if you'd like!" She turned around to see if the portal was still there. It wasn't. She tried putting the broken chunks of concrete back together, which went about as well as one would expect.

Henry, on the other hand, was a little bit more savvy. By that, I mean he was not. "Oh, I get it!" Henry figured that they were all lined up to get shot, anyway, so he raised his okay-signed hands into the air and shouted, "Somebody touch-a your spaghett!" There. A meme. He can die happy now, while also knowing that he offended the lizard mafia on a personal level.
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Support: Paleo-imperialism, conservatism, libertarianism, Christianity.
Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,
The stars will be ours someday.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:04 pm

One would think that Irina, just as Hasse, would've realized by the sheer crappiness of the songs played by the fidget spinners earlier, that the 60's were long over, but instead she thanked the Soviet censorship for successfully having kept the Western decadence at bay...

Once Captain Calculator had briefed the Finn, the supervillain with no name but his real one (and no real villain-ness either), and the superheroine who believed in a totalitarian ideology, soon had a pretty nice talk about this and that going on, and while Waltz wasn't entirely sure he could believe Irina's eastern promises that Finland, despite having lost the war, territory, and kind of having become a puppet state light to the USSR, still was independent, even if it sounded, well, worse than he had hoped actually, but better than occupation anyway... he still found her to be a good conversation partner, and he hardly noticed that they had arrived at their destination, until the reptilian rawhides restrained them and held them at gunpoint. If there was any music playing in the background, it was probably this, but all Hans could hear in his head was the much darker first minute of this. The immediate future certainly didn't look bright...

The Commie chick herself thrashed about in the alien's arms, to no avail. Not even cursing and spitting at the leading lizard (or was it a wizard, as Henry and Goldilocks thought? Maybe both? A lizard wizard?) that pointed his claw at her seemed to help. It reminded her all too much about a certain book she once had read...

The tardigrade wasn't safe either. Even though he was a distant cousin to the tarantula and therefore could appreciate the tarantella (presuming it was played in the background to begin with), he too found himself pressed down against the floor and looking into the barrel of a submachine gun. Slowly, he raised his two front leg-hands in the air...

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:05 pm

Hypoxia seemed to space out for the time being, though it seemed like she spaced out not because she was out in space, because then that would dictate everyone else had also spaced out. Instead she had spaced out because her mind was an empty void of nothing but drifting thoughts about the water. Water, y'know? H2O, water, the life juice? Aqua, man! Water gave her, like, her powers or whatever. Except they actually didn't they were just the most useful in the water. It was really weird. Like, she had powers that were useful in water, but water wasn't necessary? Dude that's some deep stuff right there. Like, Mariana's Trench deep.

Anyways now they were at some sort of building, and Hypoxia didn't really understand this place very well, or why some crime lord would make their crime place some criminally awful building such as this, but she wasn't going to question it. You learn not to question things in The Infinites. You'd get a headache by the end of it.

Though at first she thought that was all she had to register, then a magical space penguin smacked her in the face. She blinked and suddenly realized they were being taken hostage! She let out a gasp that would fill up her lungs, and she had big lungs so that'd take a good minute or two of just gasping. She may look like a balloon afterwards.

"Y'know, I'm not usually the one being taken hostage," Grunt muttered with a cross or his arms and an annoyed look on his face, as if this was just a slightly annoying occurrence.

To be fair you grunts always shoot the hostages when you hold someone hostage. So it's more like shooting someone hostage rather than holding

"That's besides the point, thank you."
Last edited by The Assorted Saharan Outposts on Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:19 pm

"Sei un Succhiatore" (the evil not-so-secret headquarters of the gangster, Carlo "Fat Lips" Linguine)
The gangster himself, Carlo "Fat Lips" Linguine

Even though the thought had not been spoken aloud, it was very clear to anyone who paid attention to subtleties (as well as correct grammar and spelling) that some of these weirdos in spandex thought that he, Carlo Linguine, was in fact a wizard. He smiled a nasty little smile at that, until he remembered that he actually had been wearing a robe with arcane symbols and runes on it (over his red pinstripes), that he had a wand in his hand, and a pointy blue hat with a fake white beard. Why had he been wearing that, you ask? Well, as it turns out, it all had to do with a lost bet in the card game that Linguine and his associate, Don Calamari had been playing. Realizing the error and how stupid he looked, Carlo Linguine threw off the sorcerer's costume and flung the wand in the corner. And hearing the dumb words from Blimp Man, and seeing the damage done by Aubree, and hearing the actually fitting words by Grunt, the mobster scowled. Though he was a little confused when a magical space penguin appeared out of nowhere and smacked the Infinite girl in the swimming suit upside the head, and then disappeared back into nowhere. The girl gasped for what seemed like an eternity, and only avoided looking like a bad version of Dizzy Gillespie because she had a good embouchure. Linguine's jaw dropped and his eyes squinted for just a moment at the sight of all this. Then the crime boss regained his composure, scowled again, pointed again at Irina, and barked out, "Now take her away!"

Some of the henchmen grabbed Irina, and took her out a back door. The rest still stood with itchy trigger fingers on their tommy guns. Carlo Linguine calmed down a tad, and took on a knowing smile. "Now, ladies and gentlemen. You will get to see what happens to your friend. Come with me to this window." Motioning the Infinites and villains to the back room, he led them to a large window, while keeping them several steps back so they wouldn't dare try to do something destructive, like dive through the window to rescue their friend. Because they wouldn't do such a thing at all. Right? Right? How big was the window, anyway? Big enough for all the heroes and all the villains, and all the mobsters, even the tardigrade, to see out the window at what was being done to Irina.

There were three pieces of items or material things that seemed out of context for such a place. The first was a rocket of all things! A small rocket, one that didn't reach up to the height of the building so you couldn't see it from the street, at that. But a rocket nonetheless. On the rocket was the label: "Conveniently Discounted Rocket" from The Conveniently Placed CorporationTM. The second odd thing was a pair of sneakers hooked up to the kind of air tank that divers wear. And the third odd thing was a strangely designed pogo stick, this one having a giant coiled spring on the bottom.

Carlo Linguine cleared his throat, and said, "Behold. You've no doubt heard of guys like me sending people to sleep with the fishes by giving them concrete shoes? Yeah, we used to do that. And then the price of concrete went up super high, and the environmental types were becoming a nuisance about dead bodies fouling up rivers, and it just seemed like it was time to adapt to a new method. Now, instead of sleeping with the fishes, we send people who cross us to sleep with the stars. So we got three ways to do it. I like to give my henchmen some creativity in how they carry it out, and some of them run with it. So either your friend gets the helium shoes, or the giant spring, or the conveniently placed rocket that we got on a good deal. Either way, your friend is going up into space without a suit! Boys, make sure our guests don't try anything heroic."

The henchmen outside decided to hedge their bets, not by buying hedges with gambling money, but rather by using a combination of methods. They put on the helium shoes to Irina - and what do you know, they fit exactly. Then they hooked her up to the rocket, tying her nice and tight so she couldn't budge her arms let alone untie herself. Then, they attached the coiled spring contraption in case the other two didn't work out.

Carlo Linguine, glaring out the window with a smile on his face, said, "This is what you get for crossing Carlo Linguine."

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:24 pm

Even though their whole situation, especially the aliens, felt very alien to him, Hans had finally accepted the anomaly which had brought him there. He had never exactly been a star in school, but his mother had two brothers, both lumberjacks, and for as long as he could remember, it had always ended up the same way when they both visited his family at the same time. They shared a drink and been jolly, then they began to discuss the latest scientific news, then they disagreed and began to argue and curse at each other, then they got angry and pulled their knives, and it always ended with Hans' parents or whoever was nearby, having to stop his uncles from killing each other. They were however always best friends again the next day. Ah, pleasant childhood memories...

So now that he had recovered from the first shock of arriving to another planet, Hans remembered Einstein's theories on wormholes and travels through time and space. However, he still didn't like it. He had a duty to his country at hoe to fulfill at home, and since he was prevented from doing so, he felt very powerless. Even more so since he was physically held captive by lizard gorillas (or whatever buff non-mammal henchmen are called), had tommy-guns aimed at him, and had to watch as they "took care of" the poor damsel in distress, who once the rocket exploded (because it looked more like a firework rocket that anything that could maneuver in space), would be blown to pieces. Mere atoms. An atomic blonde. And there was nothing Hans could do about it. His superpower was of even less use than his normal human powers, and he had even tried to use it, but no one had noticed, since it had been one of those soundless kinds of farts. It seemed he had no choice but to make some very low-key resistance. So he made an angry face. Which in all honesty though, wasn't very different from a Finnish happy face.

The tardigrade would've reacted differently and stayed completely calm if he had known that he had transferred his abilities to Irina. Now he didn't. All he knew was that given the time they had spent together in space, even if she didn't know of his existance (and even if he didn't know exactly how long it really had been, since he had been just as frozen as Irina), she was the closest thing he had to an old friend in this company. He had to do something! Pale with rage (which for the moment gave him his normal tardigrade colour back instead of the ghastly neon look), he struggled to get loose. To no use. Linguine's lizard lackeys were simply too strong.

And Irina herself? Well, she was just as helpless, scared, and furious. She squirmed under the ropes, kicked, screamed, cursed, insulted and spat at her tormentors, but it didn't seem to stop them. However, she wouldn't give them the satisfaction to see her fear. She would be defiant to the bitter end, and meet the inevitable with grace.

"Come on, you slowworms, get on with it! My grandmother could do it quicker! With your speed, I could finish a bath, or two, before you got done!"

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:05 am

The wizard thought that no one could mess with Carlo Linguine and live to tell the tale. They thought that mere glass could stop the Infinites. The lizard henchmen thought they could contain the brilliant brain of Blimp Man.

They underestimated how annoying Blimp Man was.

More specifically, they forgot that Blimp Man still carried with him a whole backpack's worth of finger rockets (ninety percent is full enough, for those of you who wanted to be particular about things...) Yet, even as he reveled in this surprising advantage, he realized that none of his finger rockets could break through glass, at least if the glass was anywhere near as thick as it should be. Then again, mafia lizards do a lot of torture on the cheap side.

He did have the flour ones, though. He stepped back from the lizards and started shooting flour finger rockets at the glass. The powder spread across the pane, presenting a sort of fog to everyone present. He shouted at the henchmen (and hopefully through the glass), "Your boss wants us to watch the Commie die horribly and painfully! Tell him he'll get no such pleasure from us!" Not that Henry was personally going to stop Irina from going to her non-watery grave, but he figured this was the kind of "we lost, but we're going to annoy you anyway" vibe he wanted.

At this point Aubree pushed the lizard aside and headed to the glass. She reached down and picked up the finger rockets. "Hey, Henry! You should really pick up after yourself! Sheesh, protect the planet and all that." She then paused. Considering that this was exclusively a race of lizard men who, up until now, were either incompetent or flat-out evil, was it really a crime to pollute their planet? And for that matter, if there are apparently dozens of fresh planets in the galaxy, did it really matter what kind of pollution was happening to Earth? Like, we could cut down all the trees from our planet and just get new trees from this one!

All her environmental philosophy (and Blimp Man's convenient glass-fogging) made her completely forget that her newly-made friend was in danger, and she returned without any sort of force back to the line with the rest of her comrades. She handed back the finger rockets and looked around. "Hey, where's Irina?"
I use my NationStates stats, because a population of billions/trillions and an economy of hundreds of trillions is totally viable, trust me.
But seriously, aside from the population and GDP, just assume that my NS stats are roughly accurate.

Against: Stupid people, resistance to industrial progress, alt-right, any form of government at or beyond socialism.

I hail from The League of Conservative Nations. Hearts unthawed, hearts unshaken!

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:15 pm

At the Italian lizard gangster's hideout

The lizard henchmen were urged on by Irina's cry for speed. Having tied her up to the rocket and given her helium shoes in addition to the uncoiled springs attached by cables, sent her off into space. That's exactly how it happened. They launched it. Maybe it was by remote control? Who knows. And with Blimp Man covering the window in flour, no one inside got to see the nova of the explosion that launched her. Deep into space. Where it was practically almost a certain possibility of wishfully being the essential equivalent of substantial and approximate death, relatively speaking.

Sadly, the idiot lizard henchmen forgot to take appropriate cover, and so were incinerated to a crisp outside.

Carlo Linguine and his boys

The crime lord had underestimated the brightly colored spandex-wearing weirdos in kilts and their ability to annoy. Looking at Blimp Man and the cloud of flour that covered the window and was beginning to cover all of them, all he could do was say, "Well, well, well. Looks like we got a hero."

One of his lizard henchmen said, "Wait, boss! This guy shoots flour. Flour, like what they use in baking. We could use a cook. Our lunch specials haven't been attracting too many customers lately. So instead of killing him, make him be our cook."

Appraising Blimp Man in a new light, Linguine nodded. "Yes. Yes, I hadn't thought about that. This one could work his debt off by being a cook for us."

Another lizard henchman pointed to Hans. "And he could be his assistant chef. He looks happy. Or maybe that's unhappy. Either way, there's no such thing as too many cooks in the kitchen."

Linguine shrugged.

Finally, a third lizard henchman pointed at the new Florida Man. "Oh. And take him. He looks like he's got lots of latent ability at cooking."

Finally, Linguine yelled, "ENOUGH! What we have here, boys, are a bunch of heroes who thought they could rob from me. From me, and I never did nothing to them at all. NOTHING! I'm sick of them. Just line them up by the wall, and shoot them full of bullets!"

But little did they know that the heroes (and villains) would go down quietly. Already, the Teetotaler had been giving knowing glances, winks, nudges, and as many kinds of nonverbal communication he could make with his face. He looked like a weirdo, and most certainly did not communicate anything worthwhile or intelligible about his plans. But he didn't know that. Teetotaler was certain that he had gotten everybody on board to pounce. At the right moment.

Muscling the heroes and villains to the wall, the lizard henchmen with tommy guns trained on them, they thought they had them. Little did they realize that, being in a restaurant, there was a nice, large jar of iced tea behind the counter. The Teetotaler could sense it. Naturally, of course. The feeling of so much tea nearby invigorated him. He was actually smiling at the armed lizard executioners. And slowly, without notice, various small streams of tea crept out of the jar, along the floor, and up through the air, into the barrels of the tommy guns!

Which is why, when Linguine ordered them to be shot, the tommy guns jammed and a few blew up in small, tasteful puffs of smoke. At that, the Teetotaler yelled, "Now! Attack them!"

To which Calculator responded, "That's a great idea. Wow. I wonder why I didn't think of that."

Whalestron
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Whalestron » Mon Feb 12, 2018 4:56 pm

Nikolai the Bear

Having been savoring the thought of being rid of these heroes, Nikolai almost missed the cue that the guns had managed to jam themselves. The bear laughed wildly. "You Americans deed eet again," he cried, "managed to ruin my day yet again!"

He wasted no time in summoning a gun, a soviet sub machine gun, he realized, and began opening fire. After the first shot, he was flung against the wall again, but he continued to fire, laughing madly as he did. The gun's recoil began forcing him to slide up the wall slowly.

The unfortunate (or fortunate, as those who knew of the teddy bear's aim would have known) thug took a step back as he processed the violence. As Nikolai fell back down to the floor, the lizard looked himself over, expecting to see several bullet holes. To his surprise, as well as the communist's, he was completely unharmed. Save for his fedora. Nikolai chose the next best technique for battle he knew; running away!

Sarah Osborne

"Hey, did you know they had donut shops here?" The intern lady asked as she entered the room. For some reason, she seemed to always wind up appearing wherever the Infinites and their trail of misadventures were, which came in... well, it didn't really have much use. Unless someone wanted a donut, of course.

She stood idly by as the battle began, at a loss for words. "Uh, Mister Wimbly? Do you need any help?"

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:24 pm

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's not jump into the action just yet! There was a pretty reasonable offer on the table right now! Working as a cook for the overlords of all the world's nations had to have some benefit! Sure, they turned it down, but they just needed a little convincing, was all. He approached Carlo Linguine with a resume (hey, you never know when you'll need one) and started making his million-dollar pitch.

Unfortunately, Goldilocks was also heading for Carlo Linguine. Cut the head off the snake, after all. It just so happened that the snake had legs. Eh, it works... look, she's trying to make the metaphor work, okay? She cracked her knuckles and began going to town on poor old Carlo. Henry was in front, and so he had to duck all of Aubree's attacks as she made them. He learned to time them pretty well, so Carlo's view alternated between Henry's face and a golden fist. Which one was worse was debatable.

So, from Carlo's perspective, here was the situation:

"Hey, Mr. Linguine! Look, I don't think you should drop this opportunity so-"
POW!
"lightly! Look, I'm a great cook. I don't look at food as art."
WHAM!
"I look at food as food, you know? I know you want hearty helpings, good food."
BANG!
"You know, I make the meanest macaroni and cheese. And look, all you have to do is make the noodles and cheese!"
BLAP!
"The best food you've ever had in you life. So, what'd'ya say?"

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

Talchyon
Negotiator

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Talchyon » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:20 pm

Fight at the Italian lizard crimelord's hideout
Lots of people, lizards, and the whatnot

Whalestron wrote:Nikolai the Bear

Having been savoring the thought of being rid of these heroes, Nikolai almost missed the cue that the guns had managed to jam themselves. The bear laughed wildly. "You Americans deed eet again," he cried, "managed to ruin my day yet again!"

He wasted no time in summoning a gun, a soviet sub machine gun, he realized, and began opening fire. After the first shot, he was flung against the wall again, but he continued to fire, laughing madly as he did. The gun's recoil began forcing him to slide up the wall slowly.

The unfortunate (or fortunate, as those who knew of the teddy bear's aim would have known) thug took a step back as he processed the violence. As Nikolai fell back down to the floor, the lizard looked himself over, expecting to see several bullet holes. To his surprise, as well as the communist's, he was completely unharmed. Save for his fedora. Nikolai chose the next best technique for battle he knew; running away!

The lizard mafioso - this one wearing a charcoal gray suit with white pinstripes and a matching hat, scowled as his fedora was shot. He paid good money that he heisted off of some struggling business just to get that! And the bear was going to pay! First, he had to catch him. So the lizard slithered his way to try and get ahold of Nikolai. Which, given that Nikolai is a teddy bear and has short legs, should have been relatively easy. Unfortunately, just as the lizard was coming round on him, he got blasted with a face full of a soft drink from Diet Cola. That's right. He decided to show up and fight this time. Nikolai was spared. Or was he? For Nikolai was running at his not-so-fast pace towards a certain doorway that led into the rest of the room. Not the restroom, the rest of the room. The other part of the building where something nefarious was going to happen pretty soon. (OOC - like, my next post).

Whalestron wrote:Sarah Osborne

"Hey, did you know they had donut shops here?" The intern lady asked as she entered the room. For some reason, she seemed to always wind up appearing wherever the Infinites and their trail of misadventures were, which came in... well, it didn't really have much use. Unless someone wanted a donut, of course.

She stood idly by as the battle began, at a loss for words. "Uh, Mister Wimbly? Do you need any help?"

Captain Calculator

"Thank goodness for good interns! Sarah, if you do find a donut shop, get a box. Maybe chocolate sprinkles. Oh! And get the kind that have frosting on the inside. I love those. We should probably eat sometime."

He dodged a lizard's claw that came toward him, while shooting calculators at another lizard. Meanwhile, the Teetotaler had tapped in again to the supply of iced tea and was now making several blindfolds for the lizards. Which may or may not have helped, because these henchmen weren't all that great at aiming anyway, so being blind might actually help them hit better. Calculator dodged again, huffing and puffing because of his middle-aged out of shape body, and then aimed his calculators at the one near him. Two lizards down, an untold number left to fight.

"Oh. And Sarah. One more thing. Make sure that you get some coffee filters on your list. We're a little low right now. Thanks."

Glitch

Dude. So, like, everybody was kung-fu fighting and their moves were fast as lightning. Except, dude, like they didn't know kung-fu. And, come to think of it, they might have been as fast as lightning, if someone recorded it on like a video and then played it back in quasi-slow motion, if ya know what I mean. 'Cause I don't always, myself, but as long as one of us does.

And like, dude! These three lizards saw me - like before they got blindfolded - and tried to come at me claws! I put up my dukes, and my duchesses, and whatever else I had available in the forms of nobility, which wasn't much, but at least I had fists up ready to fight and be a hero! So like, the one kind of made like he was going to hang back, while the next was trying to go around me and get me from behind. Then like, dude. The third was going to surround me, just the other way an' all. And I was like, thinking that I might be trapped like a rat in a trap that catches rats.

And then just when the worst was about to come, my super ability of making things suck and not work right kicked in. This time, it was the floor in front of me. It was like, not working like a floor! It was rad, dude! Like, when lizards #s 2 and 3 tried to move forward, the ground like wouldn't let them stand on it. An' I was like, "Whoa." Because, dude, like they were stretching out their legs an' all over that spot, they just couldn't put their foot down. An' I grinned, and taunted them, saying, "Guess this floor isn't available."

But then, they huddled together, and on the count of three, jumped across that patch of the floor to where I was standing. And it worked. Even though the patch of floor in front of me was sucky, they weren't standing on it, so it didn't matter. They just went over, and landed, right next to me. And then I wasn't smiling much anymore.

Carlo Linguine

Zjaum wrote:Henry "Blimp Man" Hinshaw

Whoa, whoa, whoa! Let's not jump into the action just yet! There was a pretty reasonable offer on the table right now! Working as a cook for the overlords of all the world's nations had to have some benefit! Sure, they turned it down, but they just needed a little convincing, was all. He approached Carlo Linguine with a resume (hey, you never know when you'll need one) and started making his million-dollar pitch.

Unfortunately, Goldilocks was also heading for Carlo Linguine. Cut the head off the snake, after all. It just so happened that the snake had legs. Eh, it works... look, she's trying to make the metaphor work, okay? She cracked her knuckles and began going to town on poor old Carlo. Henry was in front, and so he had to duck all of Aubree's attacks as she made them. He learned to time them pretty well, so Carlo's view alternated between Henry's face and a golden fist. Which one was worse was debatable.

So, from Carlo's perspective, here was the situation:

"Hey, Mr. Linguine! Look, I don't think you should drop this opportunity so-"
POW!
"lightly! Look, I'm a great cook. I don't look at food as art."
WHAM!
"I look at food as food, you know? I know you want hearty helpings, good food."
BANG!
"You know, I make the meanest macaroni and cheese. And look, all you have to do is make the noodles and cheese!"
BLAP!
"The best food you've ever had in you life. So, what'd'ya say?"

The crime lord was busy, both hearing the lame job application by Blimp Man, and getting his face pounded in by Aubrey. He cried out, first in shock, and then in surprise, and then in astonishment. And it hurt, too. Carlo Linguine cried out, "My face! You broke my face!" (And then, to Blimp Man) "I think she broke my face!"

Looking around at his now blindfolded henchmen, Carlo Linguine did the only thing he could think of. He yelled, "Take off those stupid blindfolds and get her!" So that's what the lizards did. The tea-blindfolds fell on the floor, and five came around to Aubrey with knives. Stabbing her, they then realized that it was stupid to stab someone made of gold. But, since they weren't the brightest of henchmen to begin with, they kept stabbing, hoping that at least it would look good in the eyes of their crimelord boss, so they might get a promotion.

The Last Abode of Pando
Envoy

Founded: Nov 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Last Abode of Pando » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:24 am

Ed and Aesculapius
Even though the second lizard fight had been going on for at least five minutes, the twins, as they tend to do, were just standing off to the side, talking amongst themselves. However, their conversation wasn't important enough to record, so it shall remain unrecorded. Ed did happen to notice the wizard lizard removing his lizard wizard robes. All of a sudden, as if being struck by a lack of writer's block, they sprung into action. Literally. Aesculapius unknowingly (because his power entails him not knowing) put springs on the soles of all three feet. Both twins had tried to move their middle foot, as they do when moving, but instead, they just bounced forward. But, since Glitch made the floor not work, their feet couldn't land and they did that weird cartoon-running-in-place-thing.

While still flailing around, Ed got the brilliant idea to take paper out of his satchel and start folding, as that is really the only thing Ed can add to fights. That or his bow. But I try to not talk about that as much as I could, it's just a reminder that I could have Ed use it sometime. Anyway, he imbued six paper airplanes to the fight, but, as usual, the airplanes would fire at anything that moved. Very help. Such wow. And there was much rejoicing... Yea..

Aesculapius couldn't do much but, subconsciously, he made Sei un Succhiatore turn into a hyperdodecahedron.

Space inside the restaurant now works differently.

Steve
Steve can't really help much in fights, but, it can call out directions. Steve had been doing just that since the fight started. "Left. Right. Duck. Behind you! Look out! Diet Cola! Wait, what? Yeah, that's actually Diet Cola fighting! He hasn't done much this time around." Instead of just giving directions, Steve tried becoming a wrestling announcer. That was... um... something.

Joshua James
Yes. He's still here. After almost a month of just standing there, not being noticed, he finally did something, He put his arms up over his head, walked over to the lizards, which was not without difficulty, it looked like he walked through several walls, but he didn't, then it looked like he walked upside-down, but he didn't, then it looked like he walked by swaying from left to right, right to left, and even up to somewhere-in-the-middle-of-down,-left,-and-right,-even-though-it-seems-like-that-would-be-just-plain-old-up,-it's-actually-more-along-the-lines-of-backwards, which he did do, and surrendered. He didn't surrender everyone else, just himself.

Florida Man
David Adams

David was too lost in his thoughts of fulfilling his lifelong dream of becoming a cook for an Italian~ish space lizard restaurant. Finally, his dreams could come true. He would finally be able to create his favorite foods on a professional level, by mixing Italian and Floridian cuisines. By combining pasta and gator, more pasta and crawfish, even more pasta and hot peppers, and yet more pasta with coconuts, limes, and limes in coconuts (shaken both up), he could create a fusional restaurant style that would sweep the globe solar system universe. He might even be able to grab a Cajun and add gumbo and jambalaya, with pasta, to the mix.

Florida Man, just like Blimp Man, was seriously entertaining the possibility of working for Carlo "Fat Lips" Linguine as a cook. The one downside was the Finn. He would through everything off by blanding the food up. That was something that could not be done in Italo-Floridian food. spices were necessary. Florida Man continued the consideration he'd been considering prior to this new consideration. He stood off to the side of the room, trying to avoid bullets, considering what he should do with his dream.

Hey. It was either that or he called the cops because he'd been served small clams. This seems better.
Last edited by The Last Abode of Pando on Sat Feb 17, 2018 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
He's banging two coconuts together!
Your sword is blowing glue! Let me try that again, your sword is glowing blue!
In the beginning, the universe was created. This has made many people very angry, and has widely been considered a bad move.
"Want more comedy in your RP? Join "The Infinites!", the lamest group of D-level heroes who are out to save the day. Still open and still seeking players. OOC and IC

GENERATION 12: Social experiment. When you see this, add one to the generation and copy this into your signature.

Barapam
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Barapam » Fri Feb 16, 2018 1:58 pm

The air got thinner as the rocket took Irina back up into space, and that in itself made it harder for her to breathe, but as if that wasn't enough, so did the terror she felt. "This is nothing like the first time... Say what you will about Soviet engineering and safety standards, but they sure beat this!" The cosmonaut was close to fainting, but then the whole thing exploded, and sent her flying even further - until she hit one of the billboards, ironically one from "Fuzzy Fred's Soft Pillows & Cushions Ltd." She hit it hard with her head, and this time she fainted, but not before feeling the excruciating pain of course, and fell back down to Planet McPlanetface, at the speed of a lightning bolt.

Meanwhile, down below:

Hans quite enjoyed the way Blimpp Man made flour fall to the floor, it reminded him of the harsh, cold and unforgiving Finnish winters that he loved, and it had the desired effect - he actually felt slightly less worried about Irina now that he couldn't see her. However, he felt slightly more worried about the prospect of becoming an assisstant cook to these crooks. Waltz couldn't cook at all, except for one dish - traditional Finnish mämmi, his favourite food. Foreigners were always suspicious about it for some weird reason though, so even if he made the perfect mämmi, he had reason to doubt Linguine would like it, and then Hans would be smoked. Maybe literally, even.

So, when it came to attack, he was one of the first to obey Teetotaler's command. Hans was after all a professional warrior, a decendent of [url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Väinämöinen]Väinämöinen[/url] (who by the way was a much better wizard than Linguine. Seriously, he had a long white beard and everything), and with a battle cry he ran forth like a hakkapelitta, with his knife held high. Hans might have lost his gun, but he was still a Finn, and like all Finns, he always carried a knife. As he cut at the lizards, he realized his former opponent, Nikolai, was fighting alongside him. It felt weird to be on the same side as his old enemies (technically that included the Americans) against those who had been Finland's allies in the war (or seemingly the closest thing this planet had to Italians anyway), but the times had certainly changed. And abruptly, they did again. Hans had shot the teddy bear a disapproving glance when he ran off, but when his knife got stuck in between two scales of one of the lizards he had charged, he realized that despite the relative softness of the commie bear's head, there was some intelligence in there.

"Hey! Wait up!" he shouted after Nikolai, and as he passed the through the door he pushed Sarah aside. Not the most gentlemanly thing to do, but she was after all standing in the way and had only herself to blame. The tardigrade jumped up and locked its jaws to Hasse's uniform. He was not going to miss this bus! "Besides, I'm just a tardigrade..." he thought to himself, as he tried to justify his action. "... I'm not really of any help in this battle... I think."

They didn't get far. Just as the duo exited, it became a trio. Irina, still unconscious, crashed right into Hans head-to-head, and knocked him out. It was not in the ideal place. Well, the head is not a good place to be hit in obviously, but neither is ending up in a pile on top of each other, just outside to block the door. However, if the intention had been to make people trip over them (which it probably wasn't), then it was an excellent spot.

Zjaum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Zjaum » Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:36 am

The crime lord was busy, both hearing the lame job application by Blimp Man, and getting his face pounded in by Aubrey. He cried out, first in shock, and then in surprise, and then in astonishment. And it hurt, too. Carlo Linguine cried out, "My face! You broke my face!" (And then, to Blimp Man) "I think she broke my face!"

Looking around at his now blindfolded henchmen, Carlo Linguine did the only thing he could think of. He yelled, "Take off those stupid blindfolds and get her!" So that's what the lizards did. The tea-blindfolds fell on the floor, and five came around to Aubrey with knives. Stabbing her, they then realized that it was stupid to stab someone made of gold. But, since they weren't the brightest of henchmen to begin with, they kept stabbing, hoping that at least it would look good in the eyes of their crimelord boss, so they might get a promotion.

Cue the Benny Hill music.

To say that her sides were quite literally, completely 24-karat gold was a bit of a misnomer. First off, it was more 14-karat gold. More importantly, it was more accurate to say that her skin was infused with gold, making it much more flexible and durable but not completely immune to... well...

"Ow! @#$&! I mean, &%^$*, man! What the @$%*#?!" She looked at her stomach as it started to run black gold. She grimaced with a lot of pain, but she also rather impressed that the whole scene managed to stay technically PG. Like, with the body made of metal and blood made of oil, she was practically an android at this point! And robots can be mutilated in the worst ways imaginable while still keeping it PG, right?

Still, her skin was much more durable than the average bear (and she was considerably smarter, too), so the assault that would have killed 99.9% of humans only managed to leave a few deep cuts but mostly dents. Aw, man. She'd have to get the vacuum cleaner out again for this one. Eh, oh well. She just kept on flailing her arms wildly, hoping that somehow her clenched fists would come into contact with some poor lizard's face again. They were clearly in range, anyway.

"And I'm terribly sorry about the face, sir!" Henry exclaimed. "You know, if you'd like to, I have some water in the backpack if you'd like some. It'll help a little, and it'll stop any external wounds from getting infected." Henry got out his hand sanitizer and washed his hands. "You know, I also double pretty well as a field doctor. I worked in close proximity with a doctor back at the Jefferson Infinites. When he died, I inherited his title. Say, how many fingers am I holding up?" Henry held up two fingers.

As much trouble as Aubree made for him, though, Henry was quite proud of Aubree. He never heard her swear, and that was a good string of expletives. Quite Arrested-Development-esque.
Last edited by Zjaum on Sat Feb 17, 2018 1:41 am, edited 2 times in total.

Takaka Tar' Turayi,

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse