NATION

PASSWORD

The Morningstar Coalition Grand Council (Closed/FT/OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

The Morningstar Coalition Grand Council (Closed/FT/OOC)

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Sun Sep 19, 2010 8:35 am

Normally I would start an IC thread before posting the OOC thread for something, however in this particular case I felt it was important to get a little OOC discussion moving before starting the IC matters.

This thread, and it's IC partner if/when there is one, will be the six internal factions of the Morningstar Coaliton meeting to draft and charter a new Constitution for the Coalition. Up till now, Morningstar has been a rule-by-decree stratocratic nation, presided over by a series of three military councils (Juntas).

Now that we (Meaning my own 'faction') are no longer the sole culture within the Coalition, it has been decided that the others deserve a voice in their future. ICly there has been pressure to develop some form of civilian government to set internal policies, even if the military Juntas maintain control over foreign policy.

Any topic is open for discussion, so long as it has to do with ideas for how the MC will be run, what form of government it has, what rights are granted it's citizens, and how laws are made.

EDIT: IC topic can be found HERE.
Last edited by Morningstar Coalition on Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Feazanthia » Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:37 am

Taggity.

The Cetace (I have yet to come up with an official "nation" name for them) will be rather apathetic. As I said in IRC the other day, they're somewhere between space Mormons and space Menonites.
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Sennaar
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 23, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Sennaar » Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:21 pm

Tag as well. Since I'll need to keep an eye on this, and this is easier.

Working on my Intro, btw.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Mon Sep 20, 2010 3:01 pm

Feaz sent me a TG that had some good questions. Since it wasn't really private, and it relates to MC issues, I'll answer here.

Feazanthia wrote:Since the cetace have been on the fleet for 2 1/2 years as of the conclave, what would their conditions be like? Would they have their own aquatic sections or even aquatic ships? Would they be sharing with the Irukan?

Okay. Aboard the Homeships that have a large Irukan presence, several decks are flooded and decking is removed to create a large aquatic habitat. These can then be partitioned as necessary to create private quarters if desired. Initially the Cetace would be sharing this habitat with Irukan, however in the two years since joining, the Cetace would be given their own habitats if they asked.

It's certainly possible that if the Tillek and her people keep asking during the two years here, they'd be allowed time with one of the Harborships to design and build their own ship classes for private habitats.

Feazanthia wrote:I'm assuming they wouldn't have had the opportunity to colonize a world yet, and would their concerns about A.I.s watching them have been addressed already or would it be something the Tillek would have to bring up?

So far during these two years, any colonization efforts would have been strongly fought by several members of the Admiralty. Ssaliist in particular would use the Tonarch and the Rasthan as examples of what happens when one binds the survival of their entire species to a single world. He'd argue that there simply aren't enough Cetace alive to settle multiple worlds, which would be the only other reasonable way to ensure survival.

As for the issue of AI, in order to get completely out from the watch of the Shipminds, the Cetace would have to build their own ships as mentioned above. It would be fought, however eventually even Ssaliist would have to give in to rising pressure for acknowledging that the Cetace have the right to determine their own fate.

Feazanthia wrote:Also, would the council chambers be big enough for what is, effectively, a dolphin-sized water tank on treads? The Tillek would prefer to use native technology as a show of solidarity to her people rather than the grav harnesses.

This conclave will be taking place aboard one of the Homeships, in the large park-like open spaces at the center. There will be a lake or some other body of water for the Cetace and Irukan who wish to watch. As for the Tillek, she'll be given enough space.

Anything else?
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:36 am

I'd like to wait to hear from the Rasthan, Tonarch, and Ketarov before I post again. I'll try to get those players' attentions. Otherwise, I'll move on and address the points brought up by the Dei and Cetace.

Feazanthia
Minister

Founded: Feb 27, 2004
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Feazanthia » Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:59 pm

UUUUUUUDIIIIIIINAAAAAAAA!

*punches the Tonarch representative in the face and steals his computer*
<Viridia>: Because 'assisting with science' is your code-phrase for 'fucking about like a rampant orangutan being handed the keys to a banana factory'
The Local Cluster - an FT Region

Tonarch
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tonarch » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:03 pm

Feazanthia wrote:UUUUUUUDIIIIIIINAAAAAAAA!

*punches the Tonarch representative in the face and steals his computer*

*Watches mass mobs of Grunt and the other Krogan dude's clones rush in and tackle Feaz*

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:41 pm

First off, apologies for the long-ass delays. RL can be a pain in the arse sometimes.
I was actually crafting a post for this thread during the little time I did have free today. It's not done yet, so it'll be a little longer.

That said, I would like to discuss some of the things I will be bringing up ICly, so we can get some discussion going and ideas flowing.

First off, Turehk is going to essentially give a 'State of the Coalition' announcement. The will include rough estimates on each species current populations, ship counts for the five Home Fleets, and the stockpiled resources being carted around in the many freighters in service.

Following this will be the discussion of a reformation of the Admiralty and the Home Fleet structure. Instead of five semi-autonomous Home Fleets, there will be a new Service structure instituted. This will consist of 'branches' of service akin to the Army/Navy/Airforce service branch system in place in the USA. In all cases, each Service will retain internal autonomy. Only in cases of national security or emergency will the Admiralty have the ability to override the desires or orders of these Services. This includes crew rosters, crew transfers, vessel deployments, and mission objectives.

These Services will be:

The Industrial Service: Comprising the sum total of all existing and future Harvester, Processor, Foundry (Factory), and Harbor (Shipyard) vessel. This service will retain authority to broker contracts with other Services, as well as Homeships and Colonies for the acquisition or processing of resources, construction of goods, and design and construction of ships.

The Merchant Service: Comprising all existing and future Freighter, Merchant Hauler, and Passenger Transport. This Service may broker contracts with any ship, colony, or Service for the storage or transport of goods and passengers, as well as the authority to establish trade relations and contracts with foreign nations, corporations, and individuals.

The Guardian Service: Comprising all existing and future military warships. This Service is tasked with the protection of all Coalition assets, regardless of faction identity. However, this will be by process of establishing contracts with local authorities, be it a Service, Fleet, Colony or Outpost. Before the establishment of Colonies, Fleets, or Outposts, a contract must be negotiated with the Guardians to ensure that adequate ships, personnel, and supplies are available at all times so as to ensure that the Guardians can perform their duties.

The Home Service: Comprising all existing and future Hospital ships, Geneships, Research vessels, and Academy vessels; as well as potential future ship categories to be determined later. This Service will be responsible for contracts relating to the allocation of vessels designed for purposes of civil services. Further, personnel currently serving the existing Judicial, Diplomatic, Medical, Research, and Academy corps will be integrated into the Home Service.

The formation of an official organization for the Black Swimmers, those Irukan and Cetace trained in the cybernetic piloting and interfacing of starships. This organization shall have total autonomy for the establishment and assignment of contracts for service aboard specific vessels.

All currently existing Homeships shall be considered separate entities somewhat analogous to cities. While command staff, those responsible for the day to day operations will be selected from the Home Service, each Homeship may select (by whatever process it's residents desire) a representative which shall act effectively as Mayor. Homeship command staff may be given orders by the "Mayor" relating to travel and re-location of the Homeship. Only in cases of national security and emergency can these orders be over-ridden by the Admiralty.
Homeship "Mayors" will have the authority to aggregate multiple Homeships to form a new Home Fleet. Each Home Fleet will select a representative (by whataver process it's residents wish) to serve as "Governor".

In both cases (Homeships and Home Fleets), ruling representatives have the authority to enact policy with regards to immigration, local legal codes (which will be enforced by Judicial Corps personnel), allocation of internal resources and assets, and re-location of vessels. Home Fleets have authority to negotiate with Service representatives to establish contracts for services performed by those Services.

(Yes, I think I need to come up with a new term for Services)

That's about all I came up with so far. If anyone has any comments, critiques, or suggestions, I would eagerly like to hear them.

EDIT: Oh yes, I just remembered a few more points.

From here on, any group (Species, Homeship, Home Fleet, etc) may contract with the Industrial Service (and even individual Harborships) for the design and construction of completely new ship designs and classes. This includes the upgrade, refit, or replacement of existing ship classes.
Effectively, this means that I will be OOCly taking submissions of ship designs for official use in the overall MC fleets. Images of existing or future designs are welcome from those with artistic talent. If anyone needs information on existing technologies which can or do go into existing ship designs, feel free to ask me for details. There are some technologies which do limit design aesthetics in some ways (Mostly drive technologies).
Last edited by Morningstar Coalition on Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tonarch
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 01, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Tonarch » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:59 am

(Yes, I think I need to come up with a new term for Services)

I like things like branch, arm, bureau, chapter, office, and wing.

Also, I may have to contract a few FTL ships, if you don't have any IC our OOC problems?

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:07 pm

I'm going to post this here in advance of the IC post, since I want to give folks a chance to catch up before this goes IC.

The next emergency session of the Conclave will take place almost a year after the one we're RPing now. The major topics for this Conclave:

1. The Admiralty has voted on the issue of the Xiscapian-led war with the Danaversian Republic. Up until now, Morningstar has remained out of the direct fighting, and supporting Xiscapia by supplying supplies. The Admiralty wishes to take a more direct role in the war to aid our allies, but with the new government system, we would need the support or at least approval of the majority of the factions.

2. Recently it has become clear that the majority of the nations within the Resolute Syndicate are seen by many in the galactic community as nothing more than monsters and hostile villians. Namely among these are the Rethast and the Arullan, but many also view the Ikrahk and now the Celestial Republic (Amazonian Beasts) and the Ascendancy (Storm Gard) as threats. The Admiralty is concerned that continued membership in the Syndicate is simply a political liability, while we have seen very little tangible benefit from membership. The Admiralty has called a vote to decide if Morningstar will withdraw from the Syndicate.

If you cannot post full IC for these issues, then let your faction's opinion be known here.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents