NATION

PASSWORD

The Elder Scrolls: A Prophecy Fulfilled [OOC] [OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Founded: May 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:-snip-

Thank you! I . . . Got a bit carried away with weaving in lore. And writing someone of a different flavor than I normally favor.

It's alright! I'm quite willing to change things. I'll adjust it to Varamaer having served as an independent contractor for the Blades. A very devoted but deniable asset?

Yup! I did deliberately choose vampirism; I do want that challenge, as the player and for the character in the environment and by others' behavior. Though I'll admit this: it's more what simply happened as I wrote Varamaer. Seem fitting, based on his bio, and his father too. At least, how I imagined such a man might be honorably discharged, if also encouraged to do so.

Gotcha. Changing to Nightblade!

Thank you again! I'm working on it right now.
Aiya! Elen síla lúmenn omentielvo! Call me Sil!

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:08 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Apologies for not getting to these sooner. Real life tends to take away from things :meh:

Sil Arion wrote:-snip-

A few things:

1) This app is very well made, so I'll give you props on that.
2) While you do an good job at justifying your charactering being a Blade, due to conflicting lore and whatnot we're going to ask that you have your character not be a member of the organization. Now you can still have him have parents be members of the group, and possibly having connections with the organization, but being an outright member is probably a no go.
3) You can be a vampire if you so choose to, but you'll need to really have to address all the issues that come with being one. A lot of our adventures will take place out in broad daylight, and not to mention that there will be many (Likely even my own character) who will have a bit of an issue when they discover him being a vampire. Based on your writing skills, I trust you'll be able to handle it, but I just wanted you to be aware.
4) Custom classes are not allowed, and for a reason. Your character seems to possess incredible skills while having limited weaknesses. We'll need you to pick a class, and base your strengths and weaknesses around it. You of course have a bit of wiggle room, but you have to stick by that.

Once these issues are addressed, I'll accept your app. But seriously man, I did enjoy reading through all that.

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:-snip-

A few things:

1) There really isn't any official "Monsterslayers", at least lore wise. You can just have her be a member of the Companions. If you want to mention that her interests are in tracking down and fighting beasts and the like, that's fine.
2) I'm going to ask that you only carry one claymore (Which really should be addressed as a Greatsword), as in real life those things are pretty heavy and cumbersome for blades. You can still carry a silver dagger if you really want to. However...
3) If you're going to be a Spellsword, wielding a two handed weapon would be pretty counterproductive. The whole point of a spellsword is being able to wield both your weapon and your magical abilities at the same time. I'd highly suggest you switch to a one-handed weapon like a sword or mace. I mean you even put heavy weaponry as a weakness, and a claymore would definitely define as one of those.
4) Slavery does not exist practically anywhere in Tamriel at this point, including Skyrim.
5) Working for lords and barons (Which in Skyrim I think are actually more like Jarls and their Thanes) as a fugitive would likely end up in you just being apprehended.
6) The whole intelligence thing is likely not needed to be put as a weakness. You can note it, but it's not something really that can be defined unless you're alluding to her being easily misled, making poor judgements often, or something along those lines.
7) I'd probably put in at least some reason why your character has become adept in the art of fighting. Historical European Martial Arts, or whatever we want to call their equivalents in this lore, aren't something you can just pick up. Maybe expand on this in your bio, unless you're wanting your character to be a lower skilled fighter...Granted that could be worked on with the Companions, but if you're new to the organization I'd be hard pressed to say it would be okay to see your character suddenly be able to fight against a skilled opponent, at least in the traditional sense.

As I said before, once these issues are addressed I'll be happy to accept your app.

1) Sure.
2) The reason why I gave my character both a steel and silver sword was to RP using only silver swords on beasts. I'll change it to her carrying a broadsword.
3)Above
4) How does sharecropping sound? That would provide for her childhood labor background.
5) I'll fix that part of the bio
6) I'm alluding to her being easily misled/making poor judgments. I wanted to have some consequences for her enthusiasm for fighting.
7) We are just talking about interest. I'm not going to godmod and act like I have special martial arts mastery.
Do you want a great RP experience? Sign up for Die Wende! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=275296 I am playing as SFR Yugoslavia (Time to get rid of kebab).
Surgeon General (Brigadier General) William Hammond; C/O of the Union Medical Corps.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Founded: Mar 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:50 pm

For both of you, sounds good. I'll eagerly await the updates.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

American who got left too long in the sauna.

Proud to spread Spurdo Nationalism from sea to shining sea.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:52 pm

So, I'm gonna bring up a post later tonight. These huge posts take a looot of time especially on my phone.
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:01 pm

All finished, Fin! Hopefully. Unless more bio ideas pop up. Here's a link to the edited app.

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge
Envoy

Founded: Dec 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:36 pm

Finished as well.
Do you want a great RP experience? Sign up for Die Wende! viewtopic.php?f=31&t=275296 I am playing as SFR Yugoslavia (Time to get rid of kebab).
Surgeon General (Brigadier General) William Hammond; C/O of the Union Medical Corps.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:31 pm

The Psuedo-Democratic States of the Doge wrote:snip

I'm really sorry to do this. I do not enjoy it one bit. Unfortunately, I find that your character has a very significant amount of inconsistencies with regards to her life and her physical appearance. Through the words you have used, it feels like you are sexualizing your character in the app, which not only would not make sense given the rough life she has lived, but would generally be poor conduct and, personally, makes me uncomfortable.

The first indication of this is the use of the word "Petite," which is entirely inaccurate as 5'7" is no less than average and, given the medieval setting, is potentially even quite tall. Even among many modern women, who have much better nutrition, this would be considered average or tall depending where you go. In this case, "Petite" seems to be used almost like a cutesy buzzword to give an appealing description rather than a realistic description of her size.

Immediately after this is a huge contradiction, where you say "gaunt" followed by "muscular". Gaunt implies a withered frailness, and is considered quite inherently unhealthy. You follow this by muscular, which would imply a healthy build with some meat, even if a little, standing in direct contrast to the previous word of the sentence. This appears to be an attempt to emphasize yet again some sort of smallness or a thin, lanky form while still insisting it is totally built up and very athletic.

To say that her skin fits tightly is an odd detail and is oddly worded in general, but it only goes on to further highlight how supremely athletic she is. This constant nudging about her athleticism ends up standing in contrast with much of the specific detail associated with the character as well, and this is another problem area to be discussed later. You say her body is athletic and defined with a really weird buildup.

You follow this by stating that she is rangy and thin, which is again pretty much the exact opposite of being very muscular and athletic. You follow this by saying that they are, in fact, quite vascular, along with very muscular legs. Why, then, if they are so thin and lanky and NOT bulging out with muscle, would they be so veiny? Usually, if the veins are visible it is indicative of a very built-up area associated with strong muscular work, and implies thickness of form so as to make them "bulge" and give off that "vascular" look. For some reason, you also feel the need to specify a "wiry" abdomen, but this would generally be in contrast to a particularly muscular build.

Perhaps the most worrying is that you decided to mention that she is kept "fit and supple" in your backstory, and that she has a "lean physique". This would surely belong in the physical appearance section, no? But speaking of backstory, there are a lot of incongruities here as well. Most importantly, if she is a bonded worker, why is she so lean and lithe? Why isn't she more muscular, like you implied a lot but kept contradicting? Given that so much of her work is swinging, pulling, and hauling, this leads to a disproportionately upper-body build. When you have that sort of splitness, this is what it looks like on a female. Contrary to this, you describe her build as being very small on the upper body with very strong legs, which is precisely the opposite of what it logically should be. This seems to be done for no other reason to conform to a beauty standard, as the reality of the backstory absolutely does not fit this. To top it all off, you say her lean physique gives her increased pain tolerance, but this makes very little sense- with thinner and leaner muscle, there's much less bulk to help protect against pain. There's a reason all the "Punch me, it won't hurt" guys are really big and broad with very thick upper body muscles.

Now, this is all still problematic in the world of the Elder Scrolls, where some races grow naturally very lean and lithe. Nords, however, are not one of them, and even imperials do not have a particular proclivity. In lore, the child takes after the mother, and your character seems to be particularly Nord-like. Nords are, in fact, the stockiest race of men in the land of Tamriel- they grow bulky and large because of the rough conditions of their life and the very cold environment of the land. Let us compare your descriptions to that of the other female Nord:

"Unusually for a native Nord, Haeigr has dark red hair, leading to her acquiring 'Flamehair' as a nickname. This is off-set by her bright blue eyes and pale skin more typical of her fellow Nords. Above average height, Haeigr has a well built upper torso and muscular arms from years attending the forge"

This description does not linger on details for uncomfortable lengths of time. It does not use extraneous and gratuitous detail that leads to problems. In fact, it's quite consistent. This player describes the buildup of work by stating that the character is well-built and muscular from doing so much work, which is a realistic approach to muscle development. The character is not lean or scrawny or frail specifically because she has done so much hard work and gotten buildup which replaced said scrawniness. Even the accompanying picture is befitting of this, and demonstrates a thick, muscular buildup from the work done.

If your character is frail, that is fine. She will not be as strong and enduring as more muscular and built characters. If your character is muscular and built, that is also fine, but she will not be dainty and soft. You seem to be trying to do both at once, attempting to reap the gameplay benefits of a hardy warrior but the gratification of a smaller lady no matter how much is contradicts your other statements. As a final note about strictly the content of your app, I would like to examine where your listing of distinctive features seems to point: the chest, the abdomen, and the thighs. Of these, the chest and abdomen should logically have been covered with armor and devoid of such things. The thighs are given a bit of leeway, but it is still an unusual location and note. To fit with the rest of my concerns, the female chest and thighs are particularly sexualized areas, and it makes me wonder why the more-exposed arms or face are then entirely devoid of distinctive markings or scars.

Almost as if a final confirmation, the content of your rp sample does not help your case here. You describe your character in it going out in her underwear to hunt, using specific terms like "brassiere" which are unambiguously such and, in fact, stand as quite lore-unfriendly in general. A bra and a loincloth is what you gave your character, and of all possible posts you could've linked with the app, it was this one. This, I hope you understand, throws another layer of suspicion over the whole thing. The picture you used is also from a mod titled "Tiddy McButt" which is specifically dedicated to breaking lore-friendliness and all logic in sense of making women more sexual overall.

I do not know if this all was your intent. I do not know if you used some words you weren't entirely certain the connotations of, or if you had a specific image in your mind. However, based on your odd fixation with describing your character's body (even in contradiction of logic or placement within the app), the source of your picture, and the rp sample you have provided, I must formally state that I am made uncomfortable by what appears to be a deliberate and overt sexualization in your app.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:24 pm

I just realized I did something bad with my app. Shouldn't have made my character a master at one-handed for flexibility, though he is still an above-average joe somewhat for his story. Should I change it up or is it alright?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:45 pm

Ralnis wrote:I just realized I did something bad with my app. Shouldn't have made my character a master at one-handed for flexibility, though he is still an above-average joe somewhat for his story. Should I change it up or is it alright?

You've already been accepted, so consider it fine unless Finn says otherwise.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 10:51 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I just realized I did something bad with my app. Shouldn't have made my character a master at one-handed for flexibility, though he is still an above-average joe somewhat for his story. Should I change it up or is it alright?

You've already been accepted, so consider it fine unless Finn says otherwise.

Just something I realized myself after I made my current post.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 am

OP here. Apologies for not being active last night. I had a paper to write and 5 a.m workouts to get up for.

Anyways, in regards to your app, Sir Arion, I'm accepting your application after the edits.

Doge, in regards up your app, I'm going to have to be blunt with it. While it slipped past me, Kai's concerns as well as others about the apparent over sexualization that results in a conflicting physique makes it impossible for me to accept your app at the moment. Your example from the previous RP raised a few eyebrows as well,Z although I mostly look for actual numbers grammar, punctuation, etc when I read through these. Your edits were acceptable, but we'd need to see a revamp of your character's physical description being revised not only in the appearance section but the bio as well. I've worked with Kai for a while, and I trust her judgement. That's why I've made her a Co-OP. Until Kai and the others feel comfortable with your character's description and your app will remain as denied.

For everyone else, I'll be getting a post up after class today (Which will be around 12 CST). I'll be free for about 4 hours, then I'll be working until around 9. I'll be able to stay up for a bit, but I'll be working from 930-9 tomorrow, and then 12-5 on Sunday. Thus, I'll be allowing Dutchy and Kai to post in my stead while I'm busy.
Last edited by New Finnish Republic on Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:39 am, edited 3 times in total.
Known mostly as Finn, but also known as a few other things I can't put in a signature by those who know me.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:49 am

New Finnish Republic wrote:-snip-

Thank you! I'll have a post up later today.

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:59 am

Currently working on my post replying to everyone. For the sake of making things smoother, I'm changing the order in which Einar has been addressed as everyone is all talking to him at once. My fault for not replying sooner, I suppose :p

New Finnish Republic
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Finnish Republic » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:39 am

Aaaaaand post is up. For those interested in continue on this "Main" quest with Einar, feel free to always suggest things you'd like to add. For those wishing to find their own adventures elsewhere, feel free to go your own way, either exploring Skyrim or completing your own quests!

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:45 am

I'll have my app up tonight. I must admit, I'm very excited by the way this RP is being managed. Y'all are quite well-versed in ES lore, which makes me feel less alone in nerding out when I play Skyrim. :hug:

I am basing much of my character's Ayleidic culture and/or identity upon RL Native Americans (with some African influence thrown in the mix). I want him to be a cultural outsider in Skyrim, and indeed the modern world. I've also taken great liberties with post-Oblivion lore surrounding the Knights of the Nine, which I am portraying as having devolved into a secretive, radically anti-Mer organization that has dedicated itself to wiping out what remains of the Ayleid race in Cyrodiil. My app will further elucidate how this transformation took place, and how the underground war between the Knights and the Ayleids was affected by the Great War between the Thalmor and the Empire.
Last edited by Rudaslavia on Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friends call me "Rud."

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:48 pm

New Finnish Republic wrote:Aaaaaand post is up. For those interested in continue on this "Main" quest with Einar, feel free to always suggest things you'd like to add. For those wishing to find their own adventures elsewhere, feel free to go your own way, either exploring Skyrim or completing your own quests!

To be fair, not sure what else Komili could do. She's a wanderer, so it's not like she has a set location to go
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Kipchyak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kipchyak » Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:37 pm

Remaaenc Evosis

Race: Dunmer
Gender/Sex: Male
Appearance: Red eyes and silver hair he currently doesn't have any tattoos however, he's about 5’10 and of a athletic but slightly slim build due to his elven heritage
Organization(s) involved with: None

Class: Assassin
Equipment: He carries two swords as seen on his back both are made of ebony and his only high quality weapons, unseen is a simple hunting bow with about 45 iron arrows, his light armor as seen on the image includes a cloak for the colder temperatures and is a leather/scale mixture to remain light on his feet and unseen. He also carries a small iron dagger and a small steel half-blafe within a hidden sheath on the side if his boot, with only a discreet handle to be seen for emergencies.
Skills: One handed and dual wielding, light armor and sneaking, archery is also good but isn't the best. He's also good at assessing a situation to try and find the best route to take, but depending on the situation it varies and is neither foolproof nor useless. Hed also started to try and go further into illusion and enchanting with a side emphasis for alchemy as he finds a natural talent for it, although they're early stages and require a large amount of growth still.
Weaknesses: Rather poor at heavy armor, any magic outside of base illusion, enchanting, and destruction, poor at bartering and can stand out due to my being a dark elf depending on the area of Skyrim. As well, smithing ability is rather low
Bio: Born in Blacklight the recovering city after the eruption of Red Mountain and Argonian invasion Remaaenc would be considered young by many Dunmer standards. Coming up poor and destitute within the devastated city he would grow in the slums. His family, once a minor noble on the way of replacing Hlaalu was ended during the Oblivion Wars. Ultimately drained of coin, loss of power and destruction of all holding throughout southern Morrowind house Evosis was toppled from any form of affluence or prestige they previously held. Another minor house lost to the history books within Dunmer culture save a passing phrase or statement.

Remaaenc, would use the anger he felt towards both the Argonians and his family's refusal to try and rise again to leave his ramshackle house within the ruins of Blacklight. Travelling Morrowind before coming across the Morag Tong at the age of 16. He would quickly gain an established member within’s eye who would take him in almost as an adopted parent. Teaching him the craft of assassination in hopes of eventually rising the ranks himself. Eventually by the age of 20 Remaaenc would take his first life for the Morang Tong. For the next 2 years it would be like this, contract after contract until he grew tiresome.

Remaaenc wanted to see adventure, lands never travelled by a Dunmer before and decided he's leave the Morang Tong behind. Having goals of advancing his skills until he could surpass an Assassin and become established as a legendary Nightblade. Well that's the dream anyways, he in the end simply wants to leave a mark on history, refusing to give up until he dies unknown the last of his family and house, or a whisper within the books or fairy tales as one of the greatest Dunmer to ever live. Or perhaps, if things don't go well, he could establish his own and the first Assassins guild within Skyrim, surely putting him at odds with the fabled Dark Brotherhood and Morag Tong back home. After a year of travelling he frankly finds himself on the outskirts of Skyrim, ready to build an adventure.
RP Sample: 1 2

Personality: Introverted, kind (believe it or not he has a heart of some kind!), loyal should someone befriend him he's a lifelong ally to the end, driven, passionate, can be blinded by his goals however leading him yo sometimes becoming tunnel visioned in the long run, like many mainland Dunmer has a slight superiority complex towards other races however this hasn't stopped him from befriending a few. He also enjoys a good drinking game and challenges, the thrill and rush helping him fill something he feels he's missing and searching for.
Likes: Challenges, games, hunting, being a background person for the most part not wanting to be noticed for an extended period, drinking and learning new things or overcoming obstacles
Dislikes:Mammoth cheese, giant toes, skeevers, Argonians, Khajiit, Dremora of any kind, being in a loud space for extended periods, small/isolated areas, failure (can sometimes be a drive but it's mostly a negative), Argonian Brandy, honeyed words and ash.
Theme song: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=suG-c_i2fBQ

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:09 pm

Hey! You've got a pretty nice app, but there are a couple of issues I see:

1) Your weaknesses list seems more like a "non-specialties". It should more properly be things that might bite you in the butt later on if you're not careful. You mention a sort of tunnel-vision later, so that'd do well as an example of something you should put into it. I'd also say that being bad at bartering, as you mentioned in it, is another good example.

2) Everyone is meant to be starting at a generally pretty low level with lower-quality equipment. If you could please switch out your ebony for a cheaper material, then it'd do just fine.

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 pm

Can I use a class from ESO?
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:32 pm

Cerrania wrote:Can I use a class from ESO?

Using Oblivion classes is safer, as they are very well-defined in terms of their skillsets and have a great many more options.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:05 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Can I use a class from ESO?

Using Oblivion classes is safer, as they are very well-defined in terms of their skillsets and have a great many more options.

Gotcha. I'm gonna drop an app and you can tell me if anything needs fixing.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Kipchyak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kipchyak » Fri Jan 12, 2018 4:09 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:Hey! You've got a pretty nice app, but there are a couple of issues I see:

1) Your weaknesses list seems more like a "non-specialties". It should more properly be things that might bite you in the butt later on if you're not careful. You mention a sort of tunnel-vision later, so that'd do well as an example of something you should put into it. I'd also say that being bad at bartering, as you mentioned in it, is another good example.

2) Everyone is meant to be starting at a generally pretty low level with lower-quality equipment. If you could please switch out your ebony for a cheaper material, then it'd do just fine.

Sure thing I'll edit and post again tonight

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:39 pm

Aldarin Vakarias

Race: Human, Imperial

Class: Warrior

Equipment:
  • One full set of tempered plate-steel armor, mixed with cloth. The plate protects vital areas. See image.
  • One-and-a-half hand sword, made of tempered and layered steel.
  • Flame-retardant gloves.
  • Several flasks of sticky oil, which he coats his blade with and lights it aflame.
  • One jewelled necklace, which hums whenever it can sense magic in either an individual or in the general vicinity.
  • One longbow with around 90 quivered arrows.

Skills:
  • Tracking: Due to the history of his employment, Aldarin has become quite adept at tracking and pursuing certain types of individuals.
  • Combat against magic users: Once again, due to the nature of his employment, Aldarin is extremely skilled at fighting those who are proficient at magic. He's not bad against those who utilize the more reliable steel, but defeating sorcerers/sorceresses is his strongpoint.
  • Literacy: Aldarin can read and write.
  • Alchemy: Aldarin has an excellent knowledge of what it takes to brew certain potions and concoctions.

Weaknesses:
  • Smithing: Aldarin cannot, for the life of him, smith efficiently. He needs to pay special craftsmen in order to make and repair his gear.
  • Politics: Aldarin has lived under a proverbial rock for as long as he can remember, and is woefully unaware of the political climate of Tamriel, the exception being only the most prolific situations.
  • Malice: Aldarin does not have empathy for those who he has to carry out a contract on. He does not see grey area, which has -
    and will continue to - get him into serious trouble with governments of Skyrim.
  • Tunnel Vision: Aldarin will pursue a lead relentlessly, and will lash out at anyone that tries to distract him.

Bio: Aldarin - whose original surname was Tildor - was born in a fringe region of Cyrodiil, in a small village known as Gillia. This village was often thought to stride the border between Cyrodiil and Skyrim, and both regions considered it part of their own. Neither really did anything to interact with the village, however, considering it offered only barebones amounts of Septims and almost no tactical advantage. Thus, the residents of Gillia had to learn to essentially fend for themselves in every respect. They quietly farmed, hunted, and traded as almost an entirely independent entity from every area in Tamriel.

It was here that Aldarin had his first encounter with rogue witches and magic users. One fateful Turdas in Last Seed, when he was fourteen years old, a small clan of necromancers fell upon Gillia. They were recently estranged from their Guild, and were looking for easy ways to expand the numbers of undead under their thumb. As Aldarin was tending to his family's fields, the necromancers and their minions attacked. The village stood almost no chance, and the only thing that saved him was cowering behind a tall row of wheat. Almost the entire village was raised as servants of the necromancers, and this left Aldarin to his own devices.

Angry and bitter, Aldarin picked up a stray sword that had been left in the wake of the necromancers' destruction, and chased after them. It was three days of slow tracking before he ran into another group of individuals who happened to be chasing after the necromancers themselves. Members of the Vakari Guild, who devoted their lives to hunting rogue magic users across Tamriel. Begging them to tag along, the Vakaris relented. Despite the fact that Aldarin had never swung a sword in his life, the Vakari Guild felt sympathetic to the fact that he had just seen his entire village get murdered. They took him back to their keep, Haftenhold, in the southern fringes of Skyrim. He became a sort of stablehand and aide to the Vakaris. He would train here and there, and the Guild taught him their secrets of literacy and alchemy, but he was never officially inducted on account that he was already too old to be trained.

Despite this, Aldarin found himself obsessed with the idea of becoming a Vakari. He would watch them duel in the training yard for hours, and then return to his hut and mimic anything he could. He would "borrow" books from the library on monsters and magic users, and learn ways to counter their spells and see through their illusions.

However, when he was eighteen, tragedy struck Haftenhold. In the middle of the night it was attacked by a small army of bandits, led by powerful mages that had grown sick of the Guild's presence in the land. Aldarin begged the Vakari Commander to let him fight, but the man simply threw as much equipment in a pack and threw Aldarin on a horse. As a last gesture, he gave Aldarin one of his most prized swords, the one he still carries to this day. Aldarin rode off into the night, and his last memory of Haftenhold was watching it go up into flames.

That was seven years ago. Now, Aldarin roams the lands of Skyrim to continue on the Vakari tradition. He has learned much since then, gaining incredible practical experience from being on his own on the road for most of his time.

RP Sample: http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic ... #p25211317

Personality: To those who don't know him, Aldarin may seem gruff and tight-lipped, or even cold. However, to those he makes friends with he is incredibly warm. He has a dark sense of humor and often treats strangers or those who pester him with dismissive attitude. Those who gain his trust, however, usually gain a lifelong friend who is willing to stand by them in any situation where they will need his help. Despite this, he tends to be individualistic. He prefers to do jobs alone. He can sometimes become openly hostile when he overhears people speak negatively of the Vakari Guild, and outright refuses to speak about his background to those who recognize the amulet he wears and realizes who he is.

Dislikes: Generally distrustful of magic users and elves to a lesser extent. Outright hates the undead.

Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjPBkn5Rd2g

Voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8F4z95AySBE
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Sil Arion
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Sil Arion » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:15 pm

First post up! I'm writing Varamaer [The Cleric] as a vampire akin to Harkon and Serana's type; he can breathe, eat and perhaps even procreate. And cry, apparently, because I'm a terrible person for tormenting my own character so much. And evil for enjoying it. Bwahaha.

Anyways! Though he doesn't know it yet, Varamaer's eventually heading to Sky Haven Temple, where he may reunite with the Blades there. Including Delphine, who he's not seen since the War. Of course, the Thalmor will be their usual pleasant elvish selves, so it'll be no easy task. But I do hope for him to cross paths with other PCs at some point or another. Maybe get side-tracked a bit too. More a matter of when and where, if at all possible? What sorta plot ideas are in the works besides the mysterious dragon cult?

Theodosiya
Minister

Founded: Oct 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Theodosiya » Sat Jan 13, 2018 10:44 am

Magnus Skybreaker

Race: Nord
Appearance:Around 195cm, tall enough to see an Altmer straight in his/her eye, 85kg, very muscular, 2 lines of red war paint under each eyes. Few bruises on his body, from 10 years of duty in Imperial Legion.
Organization(s) involved with: None, but he did served for 10 years in Imperial Legion, discharged honorably as Praefect. Might reenlist down the road.
Class: Crusader
Equipment: A Valsgarde Vendel-style steel helmet

A steel mail coif

A suit of armor from this mod
A round shield

A Steel Arming sword

A Steel-tipped Spear
Image the far right

5 Lead Throwing Darts

Leather, linen and fur long sleeved padded shirt
Steel dagger
Backpack and satchels
Books and a journal/diary
Survival kit, including extra pieces of clothing, cooking equipment, pickaxe, woodcutting axe, entrenching tool, few potions, waterskin, food and drinks, camping equipment, rope and greatcoat made from leather, bear fur and linen.
Lute

Skills: Spear and Swordfighting, hand to hand, dart throwing, destruction and restoration magic. Pretty athletic too, and knows how to play lute, sing and cook.
Weaknesses: Illusion and Conjuration spells. He's still recovering from few wounds sustained in a skirmish few weeks before, also, not exactly the stealthiest guy around, except when he stripped down to his gambeson, leather breech and boots. He might sound rougher and harsher than what he actually meant, sometimes.
Bio: War. It is something that Magnus knew all too well. Born right during the Great War, specifically Sundas, 7th of First Seed 4E172, he grows up in military camp of the Legion during the Great War, and later on, the military fortress of Helgen, before his family permanently move into their old family house in Solitude, near Castle Dour. His parents being Legionnaires, it's natural for him to be familiar with military training for nearly all of his life. From his father, a Praefect , he learn how to handle things in melee and ranged combat. From his mother, a Spellsword, he learn the basics and easier part of destruction and restoration magic, something that would prove useful in the later stage of his life. His childhood are unremarkable, and his friends mostly are just children of the Legionnaires, although he do know and befriend few low and upper low nobles. His family are among the few families of Nords and Imperials that could claim to have unbroken line to 500 Companions of Skyrim, although by the time Magnus grow up, they barely fit into middle class family. Officially, his family renounced the worship of Talos, due to the White Gold Concordat, but secretly they still call upon Him.

When he celebrated his 17th birthday, he did what his parents, grandparents, great grandparents and virtually most firstborn and child of his family ever since the Alessian Empire have done, that is, enlisting with the Imperial Legion. For ten years, he loyally serve, from Cyrodiil, Skyrim to High Rock, fighting, training, gaining ranks and wounded in the name of the Empire, even though by that point his own family barely support Titus II. All that time, he met many people and gained few contacts all over the Empire. He also secretly still revere the Nine, although publicly he followed the Eight. Until one day, where an incident forced the hand of Imperial Legion to honorably discharge one of the finest son of the Empire, who have served with distinction for ten years. He himself personally held no grudge, for he himself know the risk of his action during the incident. In fact, given the circumstances, he could've been dragged into prison, or worse, into the hand of the Thalmor. However, he did feel a bit depressed when he left the Legion. For some time, he stayed with his parents in Solitude, until he make up his mind and started adventuring and freelancing. However, old habits dies hard, and he still kept few bearings of his time with the Legion.

For the last two year, his path have taken him down from Leyawiin to up high in Wrothgarian Mountains, and from Daggerfall to Cheydinhal. He faced many dangers that would've simply kill many less seasoned adventurers. Recently, he came back to Skyrim for personal reason, and find it in turmoil, with Dragons and Stormcloaks running around. For some time, he helped to contain some bandits and Stormcloak raids near Riverwood, before moving west to Falkreath Hold. There, his first chapter in this story begins...

RP Sample: Snow. Snow everywhere so thick it hard for him to walk. But he already made a promise, and he won't back down, no matter how difficult it is. "Where is Halwein? Snow this thick can kill a small Bosmer like him" Joffrey adjusted the coat he wore over his plated mail. "Don't underestimate the Bosmers, Joffrey. They're tougher than they look. Otherwise, I would have won a skirmish near Weye back in 174" Octavus, Great War veteran and experienced scout grunts. "Kidnapped by bandits. Wonder what he did, anyway" Magnus, following slightly behind asked. "Angered few wrong people, apparently, with his outspoken stance against the corrupt bastard village Chief. Turns out he worked with bandits to earn some extra Septims off people" Octavus replied. "Huh. People like that bastard don't deserve to be allowed to have power at any capacity" Magnus spit onto the ground. "Blame Siddgeir. He must've received something pretty valuable from Thorun. Then again, rumours abound that Siddgeir himself do the same fucking thing" Octavus sighed, and checked the track. "They can't be far from here. These tracks still rather new" he continues, before signalling the others to lay low. "Bandits" Octavus whispers, and he pulled his throwing daggers. 3 men walked down from a ledge, clad in fur and scales. Magnus looked at Joffrey and Octavus, nodded, and they quickly draw their weapons, except Octavus, who picked his target. A dagger flies through the air, and buried itself on one of the bandit thigh. His scream alerted the other two bandit, who ran toward him. Magnus quickly ran toward them, followed by Joffrey, axe in his right hand and shield on the left hand. The larger bandit jumped at Magnus, big mistake, as he simply leaped away from the clumsy bandit sword slash, thrusting his spear into the bandit neck at the same time, severing his blood vessels, windpipe and painting the snow red. The bandit, caught unprepared, crumpled to the ground, his hands gripping his own neck, gurgling and choking on his own blood, eyes rolling in its sockets. His friend clashed with Joffrey, who quickly end up shortening him by few feet, courtesy of a swing through the legs and another at the scalp. The living bandit don't need any encouragement to talk as Magnus and Joffrey approach him. "Don't kill me, please. He's in the cave up there, not very far from here" the bandit cried. "Noted" Magnus grunts as he knocked the bandit unconscious with a swing from the blunt side of his spear.

Halwein groaned, and tried to stand, but he could only dragged himself on the cold hard ground of the cave. He slowly reached for a bow and few arrow, before a steel cuffed boot flied into his nose. The bandit leader grins, as he forced Halwein to lay on the floor. Suddenly, a head was thrown into the cave. "Gurthom? What the? WHO! WHO THE HELL ARE YOU, BASTARD?" The bandit leader roared as he stormed outside, mace and axe on his hands. He's enraged as he saw many of his men lies dead or writhing on the ground, many with gaping hole on their torso. "Surrender now, and you might survive the jail of Falkreath. Or maybe Castle Dour dungeon." Magnus shouted, his sword held ready above his head, his shield raised in front of his body, ready to deflect any attack that comes. "DIE, YOU ANIMAL!" the bandit charged, dual wielding his weapon. Magnus carefully watched as he sprinted toward the bandit, dodging a swing from the mace and deflecting a strike from the axe. The bandit leader relentlessly hammer Magnus with his dual wielded weapon, leaving not a single chance for Magnus to strike back. Magnus began to tire, as more strike landed on his shield. He must end the duel soon, or he ran out of energy and got overpowered by the bandit leader. Out of nowhere, an arrow lands below the place where the plate of the bandit steel armor stops. The bandit leader fell to his knee, surprised by the attack from behind. Halwein stood in front of the cave, readying himself to fire another arrow. Magnus quickly seized the moment and bashed the bandit leader unconscious. "He's got a big bounty on his head. If we got him alive, we could carve out some useful information from him" Magnus speak, as he sat down on a tree stump. "Halwein, right? Here, let me try to fix your nose" Magnus approached Halwein, and cast healing spell on his nose. "Uh, thanks. These bastards caught me while I was hunting, no doubt under Thorun's order. The Legion and the guards has been alerted, right?" Halwein replied, as he tied the bandit leader with Magnus help. "Yeah. Good thing I happens to pass near the village, and there's some Legion and Hold Guard patrol stopping nearby. Thank Octavus and Joffrey too. They helped me tracked the bandit." Magnus smiles, as they dragged the bandit leader. "Hey guys, look who I've found here. Halwein, bloodied nose but alive" Magnus shouted at Octavus and Joffrey. "Good. Let's get this over with, shall we?" Octavus grins.

Personality: A bit cautious and sometime rough person, but warm, caring, patient, fun-loving, experienced and humble Nord, although he can and did became snarky at few occasions. He's also quite selfless, for an adventurer and freelancer.
Likes: 9 Divines, Empire, Nord Mead, Songs, Singing, playing lute, Skyrim, Cyrodiil, Imperial Legion.
Dislikes: Thalmor, Bandits, Criminals, Senseless and Avoidable Violence and less than honest things. Would resort to them if necessary, though.
Theme song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fmf0JvTurtY
Last edited by Theodosiya on Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
The strong rules over the weak
And the weak are ruled by the strong
It is the natural order

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse