NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:36 pm

The year is 2900 B.C.

A century ago, the world was changed forever. In a strange set of events that will echo through the ages, history is now being rewritten by the arrival of men and women from the far future: The Authors. The Authors were average men and women from the year 2016 swept up by unknown and supernatural forces and sent back over five thousand years, naked and alone, but in possession of all the knowledge of their old lives. Made ageless by whatever force has cast them in to the distant past, the more apt and adaptable Authors used their ability and their wits to craft for themselves a new life in this time long forgotten. As the decades have progressed, the primitive villages which they once inhabited have now become civilizations in their own right, castles, palaces, marketplaces that teem with men speaking many tongues. These civilizations were the product not of the organic and natural flow of time, but by the intervention of the Authors - New Civilizations. This is not human history as we know it, this is the new history - formed by seemingly immortal, yet very human men and women. Humanity's story has been changed; in five thousand years' time what will the history books say - who shall be its Authors?

Hello and Welcome to New Civilizations. If you didn't understand the premise of the OP, you shall be playing as you (yes, actual IRL you, more or less) swept through time and space back to the year 2900 B.C., somewhere in the world that is our history and now your present. You shall be playing as yourself, or someone very similar to yourself: your Author cannot know things that you do not know in IRL prior to your being transported back in time. Your Author is immortal, in that they are timeless; however, wounds and physical damage can still kill you, so value your years wisely. In addition to being immortal, your Author is also capable of speaking any and every language in existence instinctively, changing automatically depending on whom it is you are talking to. Now keep in mind, that depending on where you land, you may land somewhere with a history very different from the one you may be familiar with. You could land in say Eastern Germany and find yourself surrounded by soldiers totting rifles and wearing chainmail - or you could land in southern Russia and find yourself in a silkroadesque trading city dominated by horsed warlords and a Space Pope. The world is not what it was in three thousand BCE, not anymore. Most of the world is still in the late Neolithic era and unaware of Author Civilizations, and if you intend to create your own civilization I would suggest you land there.

In regards to gameplay, you will have essentially total control over your story arc, provided you aren't interacting with another Author; I as OP may occasionally step in to RP NPCs you encounter, but such intervention is relatively rare. You will be permitted to simulate the reactions of those living in or around your community, though attention must be paid to realism, and you will be free to start whatever trends you wish in your new found home. You are the Author of your own story- write it as you see fit, and do not be afraid to change yourself or alter the world around you. Change is inevitable, and regardless of what you do, the world will not be as it would be otherwise.

If that premise interests you, a man cast back through the millenia to mold the fate of the world, read on.

Rules:
1. General NS rules, obviously.
2. Author parameters are as stated above - unchanging unless further notice is given.
3. Timeskips can be postponed for reasons such as dialogue or important meetings, and will only come occasionally- don't ask for them unless the majority of the RP would like one.
4. Posts should be no less than 4 paragraphs in length, and no further removed from the rough IC date than three months - dialogue being the exception.
5. Realism is important in regards to people. Neolithic people were ignorant, not stupid. They are not just going to make you a king or declare you a god simply because you crafted a wheelbarrow.
6. Questions regarding the roleplay should be directed towards myself or one of the Co-ops, whom might be appointed at a later date, if I can be bothered.
7. Immortality - it can be shared once by each Author to one other person, but only one, and it cannot be revoked or altered.

The Imperium of Man: A large centralized power stretching across much of Europe, known for its religious devotion, steam engines, and immortal Hegemon who knows of the years to come.
Norsca: A feudal monarchy based out of Britain and the North Sea, broadly Viking in culture that embraces the sea, led by a dynasty of very similar-looking kings.
Holy Scythia: A dominion of traders and horsemen that straddles what may one day be the Silk Road in the northern Caucasus, Scythia's devotion to the Christian God is paramount, and her men obey the orders of a king who is both monarch and high priest.
Sukkoth Khanate: The chariot-kings of the Russian steppes, the Khans coalesced after multiple Scythian attempts to convert them to the hierarchical Christianity the Priest-King preaches. Their blood sacrifices to their many gods of the earth and the sky give their warriors fell strength, the strength of conviction, and the rumble of their wheels puts fear in the hearts of men from the Baltic Sea to the hills of Central Asia.
Red California: A state placed along the arid Californian coast and based in agriculture and primitive communism. Notable for her wheelbarrows and labor tithes.
The Mojave Confederacy: A foe of Red California, a patchwork state of warrior-kings who worship a militant religion and prey on their weaker coastal brethren. Located east and south of Red California, in the foothills of the Sierra Madre and the scrublands there.
Man-Majol: The northern marches of Red California are ruled by the Man-Who-Spoke, a dictatorial theocrat who makes use of slave labor to run his armies and whose iron-shod warriors frequently threaten to overrun the communes of the more peaceful southerners.
Shashan Kingdom: A society of urban farmers in the Mexican Northwest, a confederation of city-states bound together by a strong navy and a Council of Twelve who formed to resist the Mojave Confederacy's attempts to colonize their region.
Ego: A theocracy originating from the Upper American Northwest around the Great Lakes Region. Strong seafaring culture and militarism, a shamanistic people that worship their departed leader as a god made flesh and then returned to the divine realm, the Night Owl.
The Blue Lagoon: A monarchy formed from a part of the bones of Ego, torn from her body by the forces of an Immortal who made a name for himself then sought to cast down the society that had raised him. Based along the Mississippi River and in Wisconsin. Notable for her black-masked Elites, spies and provocateurs that frequently interfere in the affairs of the surrounding tribes and nations.
The League of the Great Sky: A horse-nomad civilization that bows to the Chief of Chiefs, the Wane-Rider, scourge of the civilizations to their east around the Great Lakes. Their shaman-khans speak with the Sky Above and lead the hordes in their yearly migrations and raids.
Dominion of the Lake King: The Lake King, lord of a thousand ships, rules the lands of Michigan with an iron fist. His slaves and servants are many, stolen from his enemies to labor under his golden lash, and his immense slave-galleys frequently wage war upon those men who would take the Lakes for their own without paying his dues.
The Confederation of Helios: An elder-lead entity of city-states and broadly Greek influences, the Confederation makes her home in lower Georgia in the Caucasus, traders between north and south.
Thebes: A powerful city-state coalition of norther/lower Egypt, Thebes exerts political power across most of the Nile Delta, and trades with Imperial merchants from nearby Alexandria. She frequently launches expeditions south into Nubia to take slaves and attempt to suppress the barbarian raiders who threaten her prosperity from that region.
Nubian Cities: The Nubians, a primitive people by many standards, but fiercely warlike and the scourge of the Nile. Their fortresses raised by a great man who vanished prevent the Thebans from gaining the passages of the Cataphracts, and they trade as far as the Indian Ocean and the interior of Africa.
Yekrenia: A fragmented polity in southern Japan, notable for eschewing currency and using labor-tithes in lieu of a medium of exchange. Run by a board of Directors nominally, and functionally a nation whose bones are warred over by competing political factions. Notable for relatively large population and labor coordination, at least in the context of Neolithic Japan. Atheistic, militantly so.
Yapan: A small but growing nation of religious fanatics who follow the word of a man who has proclaimed himself a prophet of a god, enemies and sometimes allies of the folk of Yekrenia and her competing political factions.
Kōshitsu: The self-titled Imperial Clan of northern Japan, a tribal confederation of Chalcolithic societies that include a somewhat powerful chief whose attempts to convert the populace to sedentary agrarianism have seen some progress. Notable for using copper weaponry, and their standpoint as a monotheistic pseudo-theocracy in a land of hentotheists, ancestor worshipers, and shamanistic belief systems.
The Kingdom of the Jadespear: A small tribal confederation in the lower reaches of the Yellow River, formed in bloodshed and strife.
The Divine Khanate: A band of religious fanatics and autocrats following one supreme autocrat, a former slave of the wandering tribes of the Mongolian steppes. Their ships sail the northern reaches of the Yellow River, and their frequent purges of their society have left the countryside around their lands filled with rebels and renegades.
Nom Sapmi: A northern nomadic kingdom formed in the wake of the Norscan withdrawal from Norway, the Nom Sapmi is ruled by folk of Lapp descent and other tribal groups who inhabit the cities and infrastructure left behind, ruling over those Norscan folk who did not leave with their king's orders.
Sympagis: A confederation of three tribes centered around the proto-city of Delpha near modern day Argos. The clans and tribes of the confederation follow an ever evolving henotheistic religion, though there is a tiny minority of Imperial and Josephine Christians. Notable for the skill of its healers and productivity of its cottage industries.
The Attikoi League: A military and trade alliance of Greek city-states led by the Boulē, a congress with elected or appointed delegates, with its de facto capital at Athínai. The League is notable for its martial crossbow traditions, its burgeoning arts scene, a creative culture centered around the theater, experiments with democracy, and its comparatively large and ever-expanding maritime trade fleet and network.

Author Application

Code: Select all
Full Name:
Height and Weight:
Religion:
Field of Expertise: (Optional- Please only fill out if you, IRL, are extremely knowledgeable about the area. Working with limitations and strengths of you in reality is part of the purpose of this RP. Most writers will leave this blank.)
Skills and Strengths:
Weaknesses:
Where in the world are you landing?:
RP Sample:

It should be noted that I cannot confirm any of this information as really you or not- if you don't feel comfortable putting your weight or name on the Internet, fair enough. Pseudonyms will serve. I would like it if strengths and expertise could be realistic though. You'll get the most out of this RP if you write as yourself instead of a fanciful character.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Mar 13, 2018 10:03 am, edited 8 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kipchyak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kipchyak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:38 pm

Hello

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:39 pm

Kipchyak wrote:Hello

Hey! Feel free to repost your application here, for formal assessment.

Like I said, my main concern is the number of Fields of Expertise. Generally I have a pretty high bar for those, and areas like "Military History" are so broad and inclusive that I'm loathe to approve them.

Full Name: Viktor Matveyev Nemtsov
Appearance: A tall man of mixed European heritage, Viktor stands a head above most men even in modern times at 6'7, with height now tempered by the muscle mass of a smith and soldier used to hard campaigning. With a nose broken and healed and sandy blonde-brown hair, his deep emerald eyes are flecked with gold. Built like a lifter, not a runner, his shoulders are well developed but sit above a body grown scarred and battered but unbroken by more military engagements than can easily be counted. Viktor generally wears clothing resembling that of a military officer of the Imperium, a waterproofed greatcoat of cut and weight appropriate to the weather, coal black and trimmed in white and scarlet above slate-gray trousers tucked into sable polished boots.
Height and Weight: Six-seven, two hundred and forty pounds.
Religion: Protestant Christianity (Imperial Christianity)
Field of Expertise: Metallurgical and Environmental Engineering; Engineering History (Antiquity, Medieval); Medieval Ironmongery and Woodworking, Marksmanship
Skills and Strengths: Dabbling Medical Doctor, Skilled Archer, Skilled Duelist, Orator, Strategist, Industrial Chemist, and Tactician
Weaknesses: Gradually increasing megalomania, religious inflexibility/fanaticism.
Where in the world are you landing?: The Erzegebirge
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:47 pm

So do I put espionage and stealth underneath field of expertise?
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Ralnis wrote:So do I put espionage and stealth underneath field of expertise?

Sure. Over a decade mucking around with those would certainly make Bob qualified.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:52 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ralnis wrote:So do I put espionage and stealth underneath field of expertise?

Sure. Over a decade mucking around with those would certainly make Bob qualified.

Cool, also I do believe my nation is more or less the only city-state in Tanzania and is probably the most strongest because of knowledge and civilian crossbows that deter the local nomadic raiders but not numbers.

I'll make a description of what my nation is going to be for the nation description.
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Wed Jan 10, 2018 10:59 pm

App and description of what happened soon, i.e. tomorrow when I'm not frantically writing an essay.
Love the new thread smell.
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:00 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:App and description of what happened soon, i.e. tomorrow when I'm not frantically writing an essay.
Love the new thread smell.

Like freshly crushed pine needles and rubber!

Das gut. TG me if you want to confirm any details.

Kipchyak
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 06, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Kipchyak » Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:01 pm

Full Name: Patrick West

Appearance: Chocolate Brown hair, dark brown eyes with a slight green around my pupils, fair skin, I'm of Ukrainian, Polish and German ethnic descent. I have some facial hair growing in again since I haven't shaved in a few days, I'm relatively got but still have a little fat on me that's can be seen but I wouldn't really call it chubby.

Height and Weight: 5'8, 177 pounds

Religion: Orthodoxy

Field of Expertise: History, Insurgency/Guerilla Warfare (I've read a lot of PDF's over the years, mainly military and radical handbooks not sure how you'd like me to prove it though), Fascism, Intelligence gathering/counter intelligence.

Skills and Strengths: I stayed with my dad between visitation days so I know how to survive on the land and wikderness, I'm pretty good with a bow (I bow hunt a lot and rifle hunt), I've done wrestling in the past and got in fights a lot when I was younger do I know how to hold up a fight but probably would get creamed by anyone in a military setting hand to hand, I like to stay in shape and have been lifting lately but I still got room to grow. And finslly, even though it could be a weakness I'd stay in the city with my mom and I've grown up knowing how to live and survive off the streets, especially since I've gone through probation and the court system so I know how law enforcement works and how to move.

Weaknesses: I'm not the most knowledgable on how things specifically work in terms of engineering or chemical things, I do have a short temper sometimes and can black out, I have trouble trusting people a lot so sometimes I'm a bit paranoid, I'm not some god at hand to hand combat so don't expect me being able to use martial arts or something and usually I can let my pride or arrogance get in the way of my decision making but I've improved a lot since I was younger, its still there though.

Where in the world are you landing?: Angkor

RP Sample: This is my first character RP, so I'm not really used to it I'll post some nation RP samples

1 2

(Decided to narrow field of expertise)
Last edited by Kipchyak on Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:22 am

I think I'll jump in, this time.

Full Name: Ali Akbar (Pseudonym).

Appearance: Black short hair, chubby cheeks. Slightly below fit physical body appearance. Black eyes. Southeast Asian descent.

Height and Weight: 183 cm, 95 kg

Religion: Islam

Field of Expertise: Indonesian Literature, Basic Computer Programming (really basic, able to fix things in software but not coding), Asian History Buff.

Skills and Strengths:
- Basic martial arts (learned pencak silat and knows how to kick and punch properly, involved in fights too but mostly depending on how many advantages on my side)
- Upper physical strength (lifting heavy stuffs for example)
- Stealthy (I am able to hide and move to ways pretty smoothly, trained to be one since I used to sometimes avoid task groups in college/high school)
- Lying (I able to lie and people tend to believe my lie)

Weaknesses:

- Not charismatic enough (tbh I came from friendless background and thus not quite easy for me to motivate other people to join or follow me)
- Paranoid (I am paranoid, not easy to trust other people)
- Not athletic (Not suited for extensive physical activities)

Where in the world are you landing?: Java, Indonesia
RP Sample:

viewtopic.php?p=33065392#p33065392
viewtopic.php?p=33214660#p33214660
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:29 am

Hey there, we just have to resubmit our applications if we're from the old OOC, right?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:32 am

Pasong Tirad wrote:Hey there, we just have to resubmit our applications if we're from the old OOC, right?

Yep, though you’ll probably want to update them to reflect the passage of time.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:33 am

So, I plan to have Turner spend quite some time living in the Imperium through the timeskip.

Any Authors in Europe that wish to have interacted with him during that period?

Pasong Tirad
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 31, 2007
Democratic Socialists

Postby Pasong Tirad » Thu Jan 11, 2018 12:35 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Pasong Tirad wrote:Hey there, we just have to resubmit our applications if we're from the old OOC, right?

Yep, though you’ll probably want to update them to reflect the passage of time.

Has it time skipped in this? How long?

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:01 am

Full Name: Bob Gilmour, Uluahuk in the Imperium
Appearance: mix African descent, shaven head and a five'0 clock shadow, wears colorful robes and a hood over his head, wears glasses. Is fairly built thanks to training from the Imperial Eyes
Height and Weight: 5"6, 172lbs
Religion: Inocrypto Voodoo, though he is knowledgeable of Imperial Christianity
Field of Expertise: Stealth and Espionage with over a decade of experience from being a stealth to an accomplished spy in two wars. Communications as he can use and build radios
Skills and Strengths: Expert spy and stealth specialist, has CQC and weapon training from being an Imperial Eye and working with the League of Shadows, is charismatic and has horseback/camel riding, adequate leader and planner for his followers, Know how to make gadgets and mechanical knowledge for a variety of things, gun making to a certain extent but knows gunpowder recipe, has good general knowledge and lockpicking experience, charismatic to an extent and can sneak around, has thick skin
Weaknesses: Not much of a fighter or a general, astigmatism, is prone to not getting people to not understand him when it comes to him inventing, is hesitant about killing but won't stop him.
Where in the world are you landing?: Landed in Karlburg, Germany in the Imperium. Is currently living in the city-state of P'Kunk, which is in modern Kigoma
RP Sample: Was in the last one

Bob and his crew was in the Brittany Rebellion as they were looking for a specific reformed bandit in a local flag company who had been selling weapons in Rhone for his ally Foxbeard. His stealth work led him against the Imperial military and help the rebels win a few battles. He left midway after they got their man and Bittertooth got his vengeance and knowledge about his heathen wife who had a child.

After they got back and help Foxbeard, the Imperial Eyes contact them and recruited Bob for his skills in exchange for him and his crew to be pardoned of their crimes. Bob was sent to train but before then he turned 3 out of the six of his original crew in a Voodoo of his modification by the name of Inocrypto. He wrote a book after he came back which made would become their holy book by the name of the Maurie se' Pelomu. Which would help them on the mission Bob told them to go to Alexandria and gather followers to send to the Imperium to get knowledge and start getting riches from trade on the Nile till he returns back from North America.

Bob infiltrated Ego under the orders of the Imperial Eyes and the League of Shadows to hinder Ego and report back. Bob saw this as a means to try and get to help out Ego but he soon realized that they didn't give him that much freedom. He hindered both Turner's and Jeb's armies by killing Elites and Skulk, sowing rebellion, and leaking info on opposite parties. He also secretly convert his head patsies with Voodoo, which inadvertently would cause the two countries that sparked from the Dominion of the Sea King being a Voodooist but one of the head riders of the Confederation got killed for heresy.

Bob eventually find out the existence of Jeb and decided to keep it a secret from the Imperium while deciding to help the Skulk by spreading influence in the rebel states and Blue Lagoon and exchanging his knowledge of steam for rocketry. Bob left shortly after and reported on a job well done.

While working for the Eyes, he started to make hidden expeditions and connections to the Nubian Cities to understand the outposts in Lake Victoria. In his vacation, he took more than a few months and took a secret trip down and saw the Nubian outposts. His followers grew in the hundreds and he started to make a culture for his new tribe and make more expeditions around East Africa like getting things such as camels, which he figured out the correct year as he said that camels were domesticated in Somalia around 3000BC and used the Imperium's existence as a means of making an accurate year, that he believes it is.

Around 11 years, his followers had gathered a good understanding of Imperial technology that he could make a "steampunk Voodoo state" and decided it was time to cash out. He pulled his resources together, his camels, and enough weapons to defend and survive the trip to their new home. It was a long trek, with Bob and his followers going south into the deeper parts of the African interior. All but one of his crew died during the trip but the other two had mixed children he were born on the road.

After a year and a half of travel on camel that they found the Serengeti, Bob was amazed at the first sight of the Serengeti and how it was untouched by man. He sang the Lion King intro song Circle of Life in honor of their trip. Many of their cows and camels died by lions and hyenas but they past through to the Nubian outposts.

The Nubian leaders had mixed results, but Bob managed to get a trade pact between them and their outposts when they settled down. They traveled south to Lake Tanganyika and followed the coast to a fork on the river. This is where the OTL city of Kigoma was and they settled down, proclaiming this the city-state of P'kunk. The people rejoiced, having festivals and Bob told them stories that were modified to fit the Inocrypto Voodoo. He called himself the Emissary as he was tasked with bringing Bondye's message of remembrance to the people.

From here Bob laid down direction by telling them that their knowledge from the Imperials must be used to make the city prosper. Since Bob didn't like to rule like the autocrats of Viktor, Turner, or Jeb, he set up a two councils that would check him in power. To this, it was a similar fashion of the United States as they had a Lower Council for the people, and a Upper Council for the city. To Bob, he would be their executive leader, sitting on the Brass Throne to give guidance to the people and help keep the religion together.

To him, it seemed like it was the best as the Voodooists took up the name Inocryptos, or Soul People, and showed that they were capable of learning when giving the guidance and freedom to do so. Bob started to incorporate lessons of community, personal faith, and spreading the faith if they can. When tribes did come to see the rumors of the city, they would see that it was strange, yet similar in their ways. Many would come to test these newcomers but would be beaten back by metal weapons while riding on strange humped animals.

This allowed them to trade with other tribes, even offer healing services for allied and support. Many of them would be seen by Bob to structure another length of his plan to dominate the region. He started to train selective, cunning soldiers in the way of the Imperial Eyes, but limited to their toolset. He would name them his Untouchables and to go out and be with the other tribes that they encountered so that P'kunk can have a better leverage when he does wish to expand.

Now past 15 years, P'kunk has only been around for 3 of them and has gotten some reputation as a safe place. Bob had drafted a constitution with a Bill of Rights to give more say for the people and provide common law in the Voodoo City. One of the things that they don't stand for is human sacrifice and slavery against the other tribes that do raid and take women. The people had been making outlaying farms with bronze and iron implements while watermills and blast furnaces are starting to try and be recreated to craft steel. Some have wanted to try and make gunpowder but Bob had said it was too expensive.

A bank and first generation minted coins have been made for trading with tribes who still barter and has met with some difficulty on tribes who still don't see the value while the Nubians up north accepted it in better degrees. Bob is also starting to go out to the other tribes in region to find allies and expand P'kunk's power against the raids that come against their walls.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:40 am

Should I move to Angkor or stay in Java?
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:54 am

Updated app:
Full Name: Yaitz Dervon
Appearance: (Description or Picture) Shorter than average, blue eyes, hair a cross between dirty blond and red
Height and Weight: slighly heavier and shorter than averge
Religion: Yamatzon
Field of Expertise: Mathematics
Skills and Strengths: Math, Science, Creativity, Strategy (to a small extent)
Weaknesses: Weak social skills (to a much lesser extent than it used to be)
Both of the above: PUNS
Where in the world are you landing?: Southern Japan
RP Sample: The previous thread
Given that at the end of the last iteration I sent out missionaries to the surrounding areas, I'm going to say I got about 2.75K converts in that 15 years. OK?
Also, the OP says "from the year 2016". you might want to change that to 2018.
Last edited by Yatzatz on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Xah
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Xah » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:27 am

Full Name: Edward Thomasson
Appearance: Bulky, but not in a muscular way, shaven head but with full, dark ginger beard.
Height and Weight: 180 cm (5'11"), 110 kg (240 lb)
Religion: None, but cultural Christian influences.
Field of Expertise: Industrial chemistry, especially organic
Skills and Strengths: Adept at scientific methodology. Some knowledge of industrial chemical process
Weaknesses: Physically unfit. A white man in Africa! Bring on the sunburn!
Where in the world are you landing?: Western area of southern Africa, now known as KwaZulu-Natal.
RP Sample:

The Fibonacci series, as easy as 1, 1, 2, 3

Atheist, socialist, humanist, educated, European; in short, an American conservative's boogyman.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Founded: May 22, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jan 11, 2018 5:56 am

This looks interesting. I think I'll join in. It's a 20 sentence minimum per RP post, right?
The Internet killed gun control.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
They can’t stop the Signal
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."
-Hurtful Thoughts on stuff you want in a gun

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:07 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:This looks interesting. I think I'll join in. It's a 20 sentence minimum per RP post, right?

4 paragraphs, at least decent sized, so yeah, 20 would probably be a good estimate.
Dialogue and interactions between 2 people tend to be the exception to that rule, like in anything.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:32 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:This looks interesting. I think I'll join in. It's a 20 sentence minimum per RP post, right?

4 paragraphs, at least decent sized, so yeah, 20 would probably be a good estimate.
Dialogue and interactions between 2 people tend to be the exception to that rule, like in anything.

Ok, so dialogue is not part of the 4 paragraphs? I think I can manage that.
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
"The universe did never make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract."
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability
Suitability (.22LR for squirrels, bigger .22s for long range little things, and big-bore for legal hunting reasons, etc)
Ammunition supply-chain (6.5x55 Swede and .303 British, although available, isn't exactly everywhere)
If it's ugly, uncomfortable, and can't shoot straight, but it accomplishes the above, then it's either a Mosin or a Hi-Point."

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:50 am

Alright, a good opportunity to get back in the game. How much time has passed? I will try to reflect that in an update about Thebes.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:55 am

Pax Nerdvana wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:4 paragraphs, at least decent sized, so yeah, 20 would probably be a good estimate.

Ok, so dialogue is not part of the 4 paragraphs? I think I can manage that.

Dialogue interactions between 2 players are exempt from the 4 paragraph rule, though try to keep it long.
Dialogue with NPCs still requires 4 paragraphs.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Thu Jan 11, 2018 6:56 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Alright, a good opportunity to get back in the game. How much time has passed? I will try to reflect that in an update about Thebes.

It's been 15 years.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Pax Nerdvana
Post Marshal

Postby Pax Nerdvana » Thu Jan 11, 2018 7:06 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:
Pax Nerdvana wrote:Ok, so dialogue is not part of the 4 paragraphs? I think I can manage that.

Dialogue interactions between 2 players are exempt from the 4 paragraph rule, though try to keep it long.
Dialogue with NPCs still requires 4 paragraphs.

Ok, and what is the time scale? And we are travelling back to the past right?
Quotes
We Will Not Comply
-Robert Heinlein

"Affordability

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse