NATION

PASSWORD

Fallout: Aurora (OOC/Sign-Up|Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Turkducken wrote:...

Alright, the first glaring issue I see is that mess of a Bio. It's a solid wall of text and is a pain to look at much less read through. I suggest you break it up into paragraphs as a courtesy. Also, if I come across as condescending, I apologize, but the Bio really could use some cleaning up.

was going to bring that up as well.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Greenweald
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Greenweald » Tue Jan 02, 2018 5:35 pm

Turkducken wrote:
Turkducken wrote:
([url=ImageGoesHere]Image[/url])

Name: Vlatko "Fix" Richard
Physical Description: 5'8, 115 pounds, multiple track marks on arms and legs,
Birthplace: Dayglow, NCR
Occupation: Apprentice Follower, Wasteland Surgeon, 2-bit Chem Lord, Addict
Skills: Medicine, Science, Repair
SPECIAL
  • S: 3
  • P: 2
  • E: 2
  • C: 7
  • I: 8
  • A: 2
  • L: 8
Equipment: a knee brace, a doctor's bag (loaded down with stims and some chems), 18x .32 bullets, a .32 Revolver, 500 caps, Wasteland Surgeon outfit, prescription lenses (that desperately need to be upgraded), a Ushanka Hat, Heavy Coat, Heavy Jacket, thermal underwear, Heavy Boots, 1x Purified Water, 3x Iguana on a Stick, 10x Mentat Packets, 2x Whiskey Bottles, 1x Psycho, 3x Recreational Med-X, and a Hiking Backpack
Biography:
Vlakto was born without a name to a human prostitute in Dayglow, sometime in the November of 2255. Vlakto was born with a deformed leg, that garnered him ridicule from local residents and his mother. Vlakto was neglected regularly as a baby, being deprived of most nutrients except for the rare feedings, and saw the sunlight rarely. When he turned six years old his mother had arranged to sell him to a local pimp as debt repayment, but he was saved by a Doctor from the Followers of the Apocalypse, who were there on a humanitarian mission of poverty relief. Being taken in by the Followers meant Vlakto was moved to the Boneyard, where he lived and was educated by the Followers. He selected his first and last name himself, and rather than choosing between the two, he kept both as his first and last name. The Followers did what they could for the malnourished child, but most of the damage was permanent. Although they attempted to surgically correct his malformed leg, he still walked with a limp, and at the age of ten he was found to be nearsighted and they provided him with prescription glasses. In 2275 Vlakto was part of the initial Follower expedition into the Mojave, he had spent years learning about medicine and chemistry, as well as learning pratical skills in diagnostics and troubleshooting, both for robots and everyday appliances. During this time in the Mojave, Vlakto begins to experiment with chems, as a performance enhancing means. This yielded initial success, he was commended greatly in his performances by Julie Fawkes and other Follower leaders in the Region, but eventually he fell into a cycle of addiction. What started as performance enhancement, became the maintenance of mediocrity. Vlakto became chemically dependent on Med-X and Psycho, and the lows between the highs were increasing, as every hit gave him less and less of a high. An intervention took place, and in 2277, he began undergoing detox and treatment at the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside. While he eventually was weaned off the drugs, he fell back into addiction when he began taking Mentats as a way of coping with anxiety. While the Followers at the Fort were sympathetic, they couldn't help someone who didn't want to help themselves, and Vlakto left the group. He wondered around Freeside for a year, from drug den to drug den, slowly working his way up to an overdose. However in a cruel twist of fate, a run in with a member of the Freeside Gang The Kings, saved him from this eventual overdose; but left a long scar across his back left forearm. Forced to wonder the wastes Vlatko, with a steady stream of fixer, eventually overcame his chem addictions. Settling down in the settlement of Cottonwood Cove, he became the local doctor and surgeon, carving out a living for himself at the riverside community. In 2281 the Legion began a rapid expansion back into the Mojave, and Cottonwood Cove was the first target, the residents found themselves held captive and were forced to participate in a "lottery" for their survival. Vlatko was forced to watch as his neighbors were crucified, covered in pitch and burned, and fed to the Legion Mongrels. Vlatko himself was one of the lucky ones, and placed second in the lottery, as reward his legs were bound and a wooden wedge hammered in between them. Breaking both of his legs at the kneecaps. The Legion dumped him at the edge of town, and Vlatko was forced to crawl to some form of safety, however he passed out in the middle of the desert before reaching the nearest settlement. When he came to he found himself in the cave of an old Super Mutant, who called himself Steven, who had bandaged his wounds as best as he knew how. This allowed Vlatko time to heal his wounds, and he rebound and retreated his broken legs. Managing to save his previously normal leg, but his troubled bum leg was permanently damaged, forcing him to walk with a permanent limp. The Super Mutant called Steven left the cave for food one night never to return. Vlatko waited several days, subsisting off of the food stores in the cave, before looting anything useful and leaving the cave behind. He returned to the New Vegas area, optimistically looking for the Followers to take him back, but was captured by the Fiends. Forced to beg for his life, he told the Fiends he could keep them supplied with chems, just so long as they wouldn't kill him. Demonstrating his chemical abilities, he made Psycho for some new Fiend recruits and watched them beat other captive wastelanders to death. Satisfied with the potency of his chems, the Fiends kept him alive but enslaved, forcing him to make chems in Vault 3. Fiend leadership would collapse later in the same year, and Vlatko made a daring escape during the Courier's extermination of Motor-Runner. He returned again to Freeside, using his new appreciation of the drug trade to carve out another living, but in 2283 was chased out by the Kings once again. He spent the next few years eating up his own supplies of chems, while still selling some, as he traveled North. In 2288 he arrived in Portland, Oregon a functioning addict, where he once again began peddling chems on the street. When the NCR claimed the city in 2289 he joined the Exodus North, not wanting to deal with the taxation and hassle of NCR troopers. Currently on March 22, 2289 he's riding a high from the previous night, but Vlatko knows he'll need another soon. He always does.

Do Not Remove: 2299

I've commissioned an artist to draw the character I've had in mind, and I'll add an image as soon as the commission is done.

App is ready and waiting approval, now taking criticism and compliments. As I said in the above comment, an artist is designing the character I had in mind and will be added to the image when finished.

Sounds like Vlatko and Lucky might have met each other during their time as Fiends, but were probably too high to remember it.

Turkducken
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 04, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:50 pm

@BeiaRussia and Shadowell: is it just a complaint of cleanliness, or has it actively impaired looking over the app as a whole?
Discord: Turkducken#3718

That's a She/Her from me Boss

Metal...Gear?!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:55 pm

Turkducken wrote:@BeiaRussia and Shadowell: is it just a complaint of cleanliness, or has it actively impaired looking over the app as a whole?

A bit of both, makes it difficult to keep track of your place when reading it.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Turkducken
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:03 pm

Turkducken wrote:

SPECIAL
Equipment: a knee brace, a doctor's bag (loaded down with stims and some chems), 18x .32 bullets, a .32 Revolver, 500 caps, Wasteland Surgeon outfit, prescription lenses (that desperately need to be upgraded), a Ushanka Hat, Heavy Coat, Heavy Jacket, thermal underwear, Heavy Boots, 1x Purified Water, 3x Iguana on a Stick, 10x Mentat Packets, 2x Whiskey Bottles, 1x Psycho, 3x Recreational Med-X, and a Hiking Backpack
Biography:
Vlatko was born without a name to a human prostitute in Dayglow, sometime in the November of 2255. Vlatko was born with a deformed leg, that garnered him ridicule from local residents and his mother. Vlatko was neglected regularly as a baby, being deprived of most nutrients except for the rare feedings, and saw the sunlight rarely. When he turned six years old his mother had arranged to sell him to a local pimp as debt repayment, but he was saved by a Doctor from the Followers of the Apocalypse.
Being taken in by the Followers meant Vlatko was moved to the Boneyard, where he lived and was educated by the Followers. He selected his first and last name himself, and rather than choosing between the two, he kept both as his first and last name. The Followers did what they could for the malnourished child, but most of the damage was permanent. Although they attempted to surgically correct his malformed leg, he still walked with a limp, and at the age of ten he was found to be nearsighted and they provided him with prescription glasses. In 2275 Vlatko was part of the initial Follower expedition into the Mojave, he had spent years learning about medicine and chemistry, as well as learning practical skills in diagnostics and troubleshooting, both for robots and everyday appliances.
During this time in the Mojave, Vlatko begins to experiment with chems, as a performance enhancing means. This yielded initial success, he was commended greatly in his performances by Julie Fawkes and other Follower leaders in the Region, but eventually he fell into a cycle of addiction. What started as performance enhancement, became the maintenance of mediocrity. Vlakto became chemically dependent on Med-X and Psycho, and the lows between the highs were increasing, as every hit gave him less and less of a high. An intervention took place, and in 2277, he began undergoing detox and treatment at the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside. While he eventually was weaned off the drugs, he fell back into addiction when he began taking Mentats as a way of coping with anxiety. While the Followers at the Fort were sympathetic, they couldn't help someone who didn't want to help themselves, and Vlatko left the group. He wondered around Freeside for a year, from drug den to drug den, slowly working his way up to an overdose. However in a cruel twist of fate, a run in with a member of the Freeside Gang The Kings, saved him from this eventual overdose; but left a long scar across his back left forearm.
Forced to wonder the wastes Vlatko, with a steady stream of fixer, eventually overcame his chem addictions. Settling down in the settlement of Cottonwood Cove, he became the local doctor and surgeon, carving out a living for himself at the riverside community. In 2281 the Legion began a rapid expansion back into the Mojave, and Cottonwood Cove was the first target, the residents found themselves held captive and were forced to participate in a "lottery" for their survival. Vlatko was forced to watch as his neighbors were crucified, covered in pitch and burned, and fed to the Legion Mongrels. Vlatko himself was one of the lucky ones, and placed second in the lottery, as reward his legs were bound and a wooden wedge hammered in between them. Breaking both of his legs at the kneecaps. The Legion dumped him at the edge of town, and Vlatko was forced to crawl to some form of safety, however he passed out in the middle of the desert before reaching the nearest settlement. When he came to he found himself in the cave of an old Super Mutant, who called himself Steven, who had bandaged his wounds as best as he knew how. This allowed Vlatko time to heal his wounds, and he rebound and retreated his broken legs. Managing to save his previously normal leg, but his troubled bum leg was permanently damaged, forcing him to walk with a permanent limp. The Super Mutant called Steven left the cave for food one night never to return.
Vlatko waited several days, subsisting off of the food stores in the cave, before looting anything useful and leaving the cave behind. He returned to the New Vegas area, optimistically looking for the Followers to take him back, but was captured by the Fiends. Forced to beg for his life, he told the Fiends he could keep them supplied with chems, just so long as they wouldn't kill him. Demonstrating his chemical abilities, he made Psycho for some new Fiend recruits and watched them beat other captive wastelanders to death. Satisfied with the potency of his chems, the Fiends kept him alive but enslaved, forcing him to make chems in Vault 3. Fiend leadership would collapse later in the same year, and Vlatko made a daring escape during the Courier's extermination of Motor-Runner. He returned again to Freeside, using his new appreciation of the drug trade to carve out another living, but in 2283 was chased out by the Kings once again. He spent the next few years eating up his own supplies of chems, while still selling some, as he traveled North. In 2288 he arrived in Portland, Oregon a functioning addict, where he once again began peddling chems on the street. When the NCR claimed the city in 2289 he joined the Exodus North, not wanting to deal with the taxation and hassle of NCR troopers.

Currently on March 22, 2289 he's riding a high from the previous night, but Vlatko knows he'll need another soon. He always does.

I've commissioned an artist to draw the character I've had in mind, and I'll add an image as soon as the commission is done.

Edited with comments in mind.

Metal...Gear?!

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Jan 02, 2018 10:45 pm

Turkducken wrote:

SPECIAL
Biography:
Vlatko was born without a name to a human prostitute in Dayglow, sometime in the November of 2255. Vlatko was born with a deformed leg, that garnered him ridicule from local residents and his mother. Vlatko was neglected regularly as a baby, being deprived of most nutrients except for the rare feedings, and saw the sunlight rarely. When he turned six years old his mother had arranged to sell him to a local pimp as debt repayment, but he was saved by a Doctor from the Followers of the Apocalypse.
Being taken in by the Followers meant Vlatko was moved to the Boneyard, where he lived and was educated by the Followers. He selected his first and last name himself, and rather than choosing between the two, he kept both as his first and last name. The Followers did what they could for the malnourished child, but most of the damage was permanent. Although they attempted to surgically correct his malformed leg, he still walked with a limp, and at the age of ten he was found to be nearsighted and they provided him with prescription glasses. In 2275 Vlatko was part of the initial Follower expedition into the Mojave, he had spent years learning about medicine and chemistry, as well as learning practical skills in diagnostics and troubleshooting, both for robots and everyday appliances.
During this time in the Mojave, Vlatko begins to experiment with chems, as a performance enhancing means. This yielded initial success, he was commended greatly in his performances by Julie Fawkes and other Follower leaders in the Region, but eventually he fell into a cycle of addiction. What started as performance enhancement, became the maintenance of mediocrity. Vlakto became chemically dependent on Med-X and Psycho, and the lows between the highs were increasing, as every hit gave him less and less of a high. An intervention took place, and in 2277, he began undergoing detox and treatment at the Old Mormon Fort in Freeside. While he eventually was weaned off the drugs, he fell back into addiction when he began taking Mentats as a way of coping with anxiety. While the Followers at the Fort were sympathetic, they couldn't help someone who didn't want to help themselves, and Vlatko left the group. He wondered around Freeside for a year, from drug den to drug den, slowly working his way up to an overdose. However in a cruel twist of fate, a run in with a member of the Freeside Gang The Kings, saved him from this eventual overdose; but left a long scar across his back left forearm.
Forced to wonder the wastes Vlatko, with a steady stream of fixer, eventually overcame his chem addictions. Settling down in the settlement of Cottonwood Cove, he became the local doctor and surgeon, carving out a living for himself at the riverside community. In 2281 the Legion began a rapid expansion back into the Mojave, and Cottonwood Cove was the first target, the residents found themselves held captive and were forced to participate in a "lottery" for their survival. Vlatko was forced to watch as his neighbors were crucified, covered in pitch and burned, and fed to the Legion Mongrels. Vlatko himself was one of the lucky ones, and placed second in the lottery, as reward his legs were bound and a wooden wedge hammered in between them. Breaking both of his legs at the kneecaps. The Legion dumped him at the edge of town, and Vlatko was forced to crawl to some form of safety, however he passed out in the middle of the desert before reaching the nearest settlement. When he came to he found himself in the cave of an old Super Mutant, who called himself Steven, who had bandaged his wounds as best as he knew how. This allowed Vlatko time to heal his wounds, and he rebound and retreated his broken legs. Managing to save his previously normal leg, but his troubled bum leg was permanently damaged, forcing him to walk with a permanent limp. The Super Mutant called Steven left the cave for food one night never to return.
Vlatko waited several days, subsisting off of the food stores in the cave, before looting anything useful and leaving the cave behind. He returned to the New Vegas area, optimistically looking for the Followers to take him back, but was captured by the Fiends. Forced to beg for his life, he told the Fiends he could keep them supplied with chems, just so long as they wouldn't kill him. Demonstrating his chemical abilities, he made Psycho for some new Fiend recruits and watched them beat other captive wastelanders to death. Satisfied with the potency of his chems, the Fiends kept him alive but enslaved, forcing him to make chems in Vault 3. Fiend leadership would collapse later in the same year, and Vlatko made a daring escape during the Courier's extermination of Motor-Runner. He returned again to Freeside, using his new appreciation of the drug trade to carve out another living, but in 2283 was chased out by the Kings once again. He spent the next few years eating up his own supplies of chems, while still selling some, as he traveled North. In 2288 he arrived in Portland, Oregon a functioning addict, where he once again began peddling chems on the street. When the NCR claimed the city in 2289 he joined the Exodus North, not wanting to deal with the taxation and hassle of NCR troopers.

Currently on March 22, 2289 he's riding a high from the previous night, but Vlatko knows he'll need another soon. He always does.

Accepted.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:04 am

Greenweald wrote:

Name: Lucky

Physical Description: Lucky bears the marks of numerous cuts and bruises, ranging from benign to large and deep, across most of his body, most prominently the chest and arms. He weighs only 113 pounds and stands at a height of 5’1. Along the right side of his back, the phrase ‘PROP R T OF POKR’ has been carved out with some form of blade. Along his left lower thigh, the markings of some animalistic bite marks can be made out. A crudely made skull has been tattooed onto his left arm. An inactive bomb collar clasps tightly around his neck, hidden under a scarf made of a ruined flag.
Birthplace: New Vegas

Skills: Melee Weapons, Speech, Sneak
SPECIAL
  • P: 4
  • E: 3
  • C: 6
  • I: 3
  • A: 4

Equipment:
Apparel: Vault 3 jumpsuit with the legs torn into shorts, Merc Charmer boots, 1 Metal Elbow Pad, Deactivated Bomb Collar, US flag scarf.
Weapons/Ammo: A pool cue wrapped in assorted fabric scraps and a length of rope, makeshift shotgun constructed from a rough wooden block and a metal pipe, 3 shotgun shells (12 gauge), 8 small energy cells.
Aid: 1 Stimpak, 2 Jet Inhalers, several pieces of radroach meat, 3 packets of gum drops, 2 bottles of dirty water, 1 bottle of Nuka Cola, 1 Med-X syringe.

Biography:
Born to two drug-addicted nobodies along the West Coast, Lucky began life with little to nothing, surviving only from the limited aid scrounged by his parents from the odd noble soul and, more often than not, theft and scamming. The desperate tactics lasted only a few years longer before his parents both passed on; His mother dying of an overdose while his father was gunned down by his latest dealer in a scam gone wrong. Fearing for his own life and with looters already looking to rifle through his family’s belongings, Lucky fled his home and stowed away on a caravan to New Vegas.

Without any knowledge of the Mojave, Lucky quickly ended up indoctrinated into the Fiends ranks, coerced by the promise of drugs and lies about safety that controlled most of his life so far. Too small to be sent out on raids at first, he ended up taken in as a mascot of the Fiends, fed drugs to keep him docile and passed around between different Fiends when the previous raider claiming to ‘own’ the mascot inevitably died of overdosing or NCR gunfire.

Lucky continued a life of drug use and, in his later Fiend years, raids against Freesiders until the war over New Vegas and Hoover Dam grew more violent. After a particularly brutal skirmish killed off many of the remaining Fiends he called friends, Lucky once again developed fears for his own life. He eventually decided to break ties with the Fiends, scrounging a stash of supplies together and carving a path back west.
Not wanting to return to his hometown, Lucky soon turned north, scrounging from ruins and settlements along the way without much idea of what he was heading towards, only that he longed for something beyond his next fix.

Accepted.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:30 am

Main Quest
• Exodus
    With the New California Republic Pushing north, all one can do is run from their expansionist greed. Though there's a saying: Out of the frying pan, and into the fire.

GIVEN BY:
    N/A
ASSIGNED TO:
    All Independent Characters
OBJECTIVE:
  • Head North
  • Survive the Ambush
  • ???
  • Get planning.
REWARD:
    400 XP

Main Quest
      • Standing Orders
        You have been given standing orders from General Moore to gain as much information as you can about the region known as "Aurora", before returning to friendly lines. Though that task is now much easier said than done.

GIVEN BY:
        General Cassandra Moore
      ASSIGNED TO:
        All NCR Characters
      OBJECTIVE:
      • Establish Overwatch
      • Survive the Ambush
      • ???
      • Gain Intel
        Vault 119, Heart of the Abbot, Mitchell Island Reactor Complex, The Hill, Bastion
      REWARD:
        10,000 XP
          Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Turkducken
          Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Wed Jan 03, 2018 7:28 am

If we wanted to add character traits, or pre-existing conditions, to our character apps. Is it as simple as adding it to the app? Or should we consult one of the OPs before hand?

Metal...Gear?!

Shadowwell
          Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:22 am

Turkducken wrote:If we wanted to add character traits, or pre-existing conditions, to our character apps. Is it as simple as adding it to the app? Or should we consult one of the OPs before hand?

What do you mean by pre existing condition and traits, elaborate.

Beutarch
          Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 13, 2016
          Ex-Nation

Postby Beutarch » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:36 am

Shadowwell wrote:
          Turkducken wrote:If we wanted to add character traits, or pre-existing conditions, to our character apps. Is it as simple as adding it to the app? Or should we consult one of the OPs before hand?

I might be wrong, but I belive he wants to add some sort of injury (like a heart defect) to his character and/or a trait (like Wild Wasteland, or Built to Destroy.)
          Do you think you know me?

Shadowwell
          Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:01 pm

Beutarch wrote:
          Shadowwell wrote:

I might be wrong, but I belive he wants to add some sort of injury (like a heart defect) to his character and/or a trait (like Wild Wasteland, or Built to Destroy.)

Game traits are a no, preexisting condition perhaps, it would depend.

Greenweald
          Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
          Ex-Nation

Postby Greenweald » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:10 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
          Beutarch wrote:I might be wrong, but I belive he wants to add some sort of injury (like a heart defect) to his character and/or a trait (like Wild Wasteland, or Built to Destroy.)

It'd be pretty funny if one person had Wild Wasteland and nobody else did. Weird and insane things would keep happening and only one character can see it.

Shadowwell
          Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:15 pm

Greenweald wrote:
          Shadowwell wrote:

It'd be pretty funny if one person had Wild Wasteland and nobody else did. Weird and insane things would keep happening and only one character can see it.

Would work similarly, but would have to have a realistic condition behind the trait, most likely something mental, which could have its own price.

Turkducken
          Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Turkducken » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:17 pm

@Shadowwell: Vlatko has a bum leg and is nearsighted without prescription lenses. Is that a thing I should add to the app? Or just something I should personally consider. It’s have gameplay effects, such as being almost blind without glasses, or being forced to crawl/use a wheelchair without the knee brace.

Metal...Gear?!

Shadowwell
          Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Jan 03, 2018 1:26 pm

Turkducken wrote:@Shadowwell: Vlatko has a bum leg and is nearsighted without prescription lenses. Is that a thing I should add to the app? Or just something I should personally consider. It’s have gameplay effects, such as being almost blind without glasses, or being forced to crawl/use a wheelchair without the knee brace.

yeah, probably.

Ormata
          Senator

Founded: Jun 30, 2016
          Iron Fist Socialists

Postby Ormata » Thu Jan 04, 2018 10:22 am

Name: Ms. Catalina

Physical Description:
            Overall looking to be a normative model of the Mr Handy series, Catalina differs in only a few sections. The outer casing is visibly rusted. Lacking a buzzsaw and other implements the three arms are instead for normal gripping; these arms are also visibly damaged due to age and rust, with motors infrequently clicking or grinding with movements. The engines which keep her airborne are not quiet anymore, likened more towards a Pre-War electric fan, and is unreliable when moving at normal speeds due to damage.
          Birthplace: General Atomics Factory, California
          Level: 1
          EXP: 0/200
          Skills:
          • Barter: 17
          • Energy Weapons: 17
          • Explosives: 32 [!]
          • Guns: 13
          • Lockpick: 17
          • Medicine: 29
          • Melee Weapons: 13
          • Repair: 44 [!]
          • Science: 44 [!]
          • Sneak: 13
          • Speech: 17
          • Survival: 13
          • Unarmed: 13
          SPECIAL
          • P: 5
          • C: 5
          • I: 11
          • A: 3
          • L: 10
          Perks: N/A
          Equipment:
            - None
          Biography:
            Built by General Atomics International in 2042, Ms. Catalina was first bought by a small family who lived outside of Goodsprings, a small little community that fit them perfectly. They were scientists, working on the HELIOS One project for Poseidon Energy. The two of them, for sad enough reasons, worked on their project even from home and had the greater urge to get a computer which could both store and help them in their research. As such, they purchased Catalina, equipped with some of the better developments in robotic capabilities that General Atomics could make. It set the couple back a year, but they would say it was worth it.

However, the construction of the tower would not prove to be as revolutionary as the couple thought. They had massive dreams for it, for providing power to the entirety of California, yet the science didn’t go there. In 2052 America would be revealed the oil crisis in Texas and while such a thing boosted popularity in the research of other, non fossil-fuel sources of energy, they found issues in putting the technology into the simplest of things: Cars. The money in cars simply wasn’t there for solar power which required focusing towers and large equipment and Poseidon Energy hesitated in putting the money into research and development. They had oil in the sea, after all, there was nothing to worry about.

Her owners disliked this, disliking their jobs even more after a brief time and would, eventually, hear about an offshoot from their company made by a man named Karl Oslow: Mass Fusion. An energy company in Boston that specialized in nuclear power, they thought that this might be the one. Resigning from Poseidon, the two would enlist in the ranks of Mass Fusion in 2056. While they specialized in solar power research, to state that the two were determined would be less than a statement. They learned everything they could nearly the entire day, from when they started to when they slept, some from Catalina and some from holotapes.

In 2072 the two would be sent to Portland, Oregon to oversee the construction of three nuclear reactors on the riverfront, to supply the entire city with ‘clean energy’. Despite the complaints of toxic dumping the company was making a hefty profit with precisely how much energy they were producing. They made a good lot of energy. With the limited exchanges, the Chinese becoming unruly and Canada coming under control of the US for resources and by a convenient truth, Catalina’s owners would become more and more concerned. The 2066 invasion of Alaska still continued, and in 2074 the US would place her troops on Chinese shores.

As such, they began the construction of their own ‘Vault’ in their backyard, reinforced with heavy steel and lead-lined. While only three rooms, one the cupboard, the couple were satisfied with it’s construction and ability to save them from nuclear death, and in 2075 they would stockpile it with a mass order of thirty years’s worth of food and water. Suspicion and paranoia on their part was only furthered with the food riots the next year, the energy riots driving both to think that they had some small part to play in the entire event. The three reactors were still not finished, after all. In 2077 the world would end.

The couple were at home when it happened, running downstairs and out the door with their Ms. Nanny in tow, shutting the door and listening to the nuclear fire in the distance, the death as radiation storms walked-about. Yet the vault they had made was not perfect, damage from recent rain and a hasty construction leading to an imperfect seal on that same door. Radiation seeped into the rooms, triggering Catalina’s Geiger Counter, and the two knew they were likely already dead. She was faced with a choice. Some might call it mercy and in a way that was the intention. Catalina would call it, still, murder. She would bury the two outside, in the yard, waiting in that former home for some twenty years.

In 2090, Catalina would go south to see the old home, to see how HELIOS One weathered the nuclear fire and death. It would take just a few months to travel down there, the lack of traffic helping her immensely though the radiation unfortunately damaging her flight systems. Finding it intact, albeit somewhat damaged, she was satisfied with the condition and would resign to staying at the old house, now far, far empty. The sojourn of a century was perhaps not the best for her, though she did not quite know whatever else to do. It was all gone, the work unfinished and finishing it would mean little. The lights in the distance, from the Dam after a time, would give Catalina some minor bit of hope. The men in Power Armor gave her less hope.

Yet then the NCR came, asking for the owners. She would always reply that they would be back in a while, out for one thing or another, and would keep the charade going for a few months. Robots couldn’t own property under NCR law, she found-out by asking, and after those months it was confiscated due to no owner being present. Unable to rightly defend the home, Catalina would head north, back to Portland and back to the old vault. The trip took longer this time, though the NCR made life far easier on her through their extermination of raider issues. Taking first the Long 15 down to the Boneyard, she would take the Road North before stopping at Portland. There she’d take another long time, waiting and watching and keeping the door locked. It never was found by the raiders, during their time in the city, and she would sleep through history, preserving her power and sanity by shutting-down.

The sounds of war would make the Ms Nanny look outside. The NCR had come once again, come killing raiders and the rest, and while they did not mind a random robot wandering-about there would be some small talk on taking it in, selling it, things to that effect. Giving her a new master. Catalina was not too impressed with this as she had not been, first and foremost, sold-away by the original owners and as such was not ‘up for sale’ as it were. Thinking that these soldiers would likely come-around to performing the action and that she would be helpless to stop them, the robot would perform the only other task available; she went north.
          Last edited by Ormata on Tue Jan 30, 2018 8:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowwell
          Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Thu Jan 04, 2018 12:26 pm

Ormata wrote:
          Name: Ms. Catalina
          Physical Description:
            Overall looking to be a normative model of the Mr Handy series, Catalina differs in only a few sections. The outer casing is visibly rusted. Lacking a buzzsaw and other implements the three arms are instead for normal gripping; these arms are also visibly damaged due to age and rust, with motors infrequently clicking or grinding with movements. The engines which keep her airborne are not quiet anymore, likened more towards a Pre-War electric fan, and is unreliable when moving at normal speeds due to damage.
          Birthplace: General Atomics Factory, California
          Skills: Science, Repair, Explosives
          SPECIAL
          • A: 3
          • L: 10
          Equipment:
            - None
          Biography:
            Built by General Atomics International in 2042, Ms. Catalina was first bought by a small family who lived outside of Goodsprings, a small little community that fit them perfectly. They were scientists, working on the HELIOS One project for Poseidon Energy. The two of them, for sad enough reasons, worked on their project even from home and had the greater urge to get a computer which could both store and help them in their research. As such, they purchased Catalina, equipped with some of the better developments in robotic capabilities that General Atomics could make. It set the couple back a year, but they would say it was worth it.

However, the construction of the tower would not prove to be as revolutionary as the couple thought. They had massive dreams for it, for providing power to the entirety of California, yet the science didn’t go there. In 2052 America would be revealed the oil crisis in Texas and while such a thing boosted popularity in the research of other, non fossil-fuel sources of energy, they found issues in putting the technology into the simplest of things: Cars. The money in cars simply wasn’t there for solar power which required focusing towers and large equipment and Poseidon Energy hesitated in putting the money into research and development. They had oil in the sea, after all, there was nothing to worry about.

Her owners disliked this, disliking their jobs even more after a brief time and would, eventually, hear about an offshoot from their company made by a man named Karl Oslow: Mass Fusion. An energy company in Boston that specialized in nuclear power, they thought that this might be the one. Resigning from Poseidon, the two would enlist in the ranks of Mass Fusion in 2056. While they specialized in solar power research, to state that the two were determined would be less than a statement. They learned everything they could nearly the entire day, from when they started to when they slept, some from Catalina and some from holotapes.

In 2072 the two would be sent to Portland, Oregon to oversee the construction of three nuclear reactors on the riverfront, to supply the entire city with ‘clean energy’. Despite the complaints of toxic dumping the company was making a hefty profit with precisely how much energy they were producing. They made a good lot of energy. With the limited exchanges, the Chinese becoming unruly and Canada coming under control of the US for resources and by a convenient truth, Catalina’s owners would become more and more concerned. The 2066 invasion of Alaska still continued, and in 2074 the US would place her troops on Chinese shores.

As such, they began the construction of their own ‘Vault’ in their backyard, reinforced with heavy steel and lead-lined. While only three rooms, one the cupboard, the couple were satisfied with it’s construction and ability to save them from nuclear death, and in 2075 they would stockpile it with a mass order of thirty years’s worth of food and water. Suspicion and paranoia on their part was only furthered with the food riots the next year, the energy riots driving both to think that they had some small part to play in the entire event. The three reactors were still not finished, after all. In 2077 the world would end.

The couple were at home when it happened, running downstairs and out the door with their Ms. Nanny in tow, shutting the door and listening to the nuclear fire in the distance, the death as radiation storms walked-about. Yet the vault they had made was not perfect, damage from recent rain and a hasty construction leading to an imperfect seal on that same door. Radiation seeped into the rooms, triggering Catalina’s Geiger Counter, and the two knew they were likely already dead. She was faced with a choice. Some might call it mercy and in a way that was the intention. Catalina would call it, still, murder. She would bury the two outside, in the yard, waiting in that former home for some twenty years.

In 2090, Catalina would go south to see the old home, to see how HELIOS One weathered the nuclear fire and death. It would take just a few months to travel down there, the lack of traffic helping her immensely though the radiation unfortunately damaging her flight systems. Finding it intact, albeit somewhat damaged, she was satisfied with the condition and would resign to staying at the old house, now far, far empty. The sojourn of a century was perhaps not the best for her, though she did not quite know whatever else to do. It was all gone, the work unfinished and finishing it would mean little. The lights in the distance, from the Dam after a time, would give Catalina some minor bit of hope. The men in Power Armor gave her less hope.

Yet then the NCR came, asking for the owners. She would always reply that they would be back in a while, out for one thing or another, and would keep the charade going for a few months. Robots couldn’t own property under NCR law, she found-out by asking, and after those months it was confiscated due to no owner being present. Unable to rightly defend the home, Catalina would head north, back to Portland and back to the old vault. The trip took longer this time, though the NCR made life far easier on her through their extermination of raider issues. Taking first the Long 15 down to the Boneyard, she would take the Road North before stopping at Portland. There she’d take another long time, waiting and watching and keeping the door locked. It never was found by the raiders, during their time in the city, and she would sleep through history, preserving her power and sanity by shutting-down.

The sounds of war would make the Ms Nanny look outside. The NCR had come once again, come killing raiders and the rest, and while they did not mind a random robot wandering-about there would be some small talk on taking it in, selling it, things to that effect. Giving her a new master. Catalina was not too impressed with this as she had not been, first and foremost, sold-away by the original owners and as such was not ‘up for sale’ as it were. Thinking that these soldiers would likely come-around to performing the action and that she would be helpless to stop them, the robot would perform the only other task available; she went north.

I see no issues, Accepted

Vacif
          Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
          Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Thu Jan 04, 2018 3:11 pm

Name: Serina Zima
          Physical Description: 5'1, 120 lbs. Hands are rough and calloused. Numerous straight and jagged scars line her arms from years of tinkering mishaps.
          Birthplace: Salem, Oregon
          Level: 5
          EXP: 2100/2500
          Skills: (All skills are dictated by SPECIAL and this equation: 2+(2xStat) + (Luck/2). Plus another 15 points for Tag skills. For every point of Intelligence you add 1/2 of the INT score to the 10 skill points gained on leveling up)
          • Barter: 10
          • Energy Weapons: 15
          • Explosives: 50
          • Guns: 30
          • Lockpick: 15
          • Medicine: 40
          • Melee Weapons: 11
          • Repair: 40
          • Science: 40
          • Sneak: 15
          • Speech: 10
          • Survival: 10
          • Unarmed: 10
          Skills: Explosives, Repair, Science
          SPECIAL
          • C: 2
          • I: 9
          • A: 5
          • L: 5
          Equipment: Grenade rifle, service rifle, suppressed .22 pistol, suppressed .22 SMG, switchblade, tool kit, canteen, bed roll, mess kit, toiletries, scrap metal x4, lead (200), smokeless powder (200), various pistol and rifle primers, sensor module x2, scrap electronics x2, cherry bomb x3, .22LR x400, 5.56x45mm x 90, 40mm grenade x7, first aid kit, MRE x4, frag grenades x4, frag mine x2, light armour
          Perks:
          • L2 - Swift Learner
          • L4 - Healer
          Biography: Born in Salem, Oregon to a rather wealthy self-proclaimed business man, Serina was the youngest of three children. They were spoiled little kids who were afforded every luxury they wanted, taken care of more by staff and servants than by their own flesh and blood. The elder two siblings were much more outgoing and social, preferring physical activity and social interaction to the books and education that their younger sister had taken to. Though despite the difference in interests the siblings remained close. Luke the oldest was the strong and athletic one, Yvonne was the charismatic socialite, and she was the quiet smart one.

Upon the oldest's 18th birthday their father gave him a plot of land, the old stadium beside the hospital to be exact. The space hadn't been used for quite some time and was often a place for vagrants to sit when they had nothing better to do. The siblings sat pondering what to do when the middle child Yvonne, proposed an obstacle course. They'd long since outgrown the children's playground. Serina, not one for physical activity was coaxed into joining the fun citing that she could 'use her big brain' and design the structure. That caught her attention and got her involved in what she'd describe as the best decade of her life.

At first it was nothing fancy, just some crates and ramshackle walls to vault over, a rope to swing across. But it was enough. It started off small, with just them but as the playground grew more and more elaborate, it drew more attention from the locals. Soon others began participating in their games, running through the obstacle course she'd designed. There wasn't much to do in Salem for the kids. People found the obstacles fun and challenging but not too creative. This struck a nerve for young Serina, so she sought out to design a grand and intricate course that no one could call uninspired. Lo and behold after a week of seclusion she unveiled the plans for a grand course that made people nervous just by looking at the blueprints. Nonetheless with nothing better to do they put together the beast, attempted it and failed. Over and over again. People began jokingly putting in money for a victory pool for whoever completed the course. Though with Yvonne's creative thinking she began marketing the course kind of like a competition for people to win money. This quickly gained traction as people put in money to participate to win the ever growing prize pool at the end of the course.

Teams formed, bets were placed and the games were on as people from all over came to watch their friends, families, and enemies try and tackle the her course. Though with this amount of popularity there would be negative attention. Raiders, thugs, people seeking to take the prize. Through no small effort of charm and persuasion did the middle child convince the raiders to not only not sack their efforts, but to participate, prove their ability. Bragging rights, and feeding one's ego played well. The raiders found it agreeable at first, playing along though after numerous attempts they found it annoying, or boring. Or both. So Serina began to think. Something riskier, higher stakes, death defying. She'd since been designing structures that were meant to minimize the chance of injury or death, but raiders loved blood, death, and action. So she began drawing up new schematics at a new location. One that had real stakes, real intensity. And of course, a higher payout.

Everyone found the later courses much more interesting as people risked life and limb in her gauntlets to win vast riches. People bet more, watched more. Raiders were much more happy with the thought of seeing someone gibbed because of their own stupidity or greed. Eventually the popularity grew to the point where multiple locations across Salem were erected. All in varying difficulties. Obstacles; low stakes, low payout, moderate viewership. Gauntlets; moderate stakes, moderate payout, moderate viewership. Death traps; high stakes, high payout, high viewership. While the games they'd established enjoyed massive popularity and success, it was hard finding people to work with. Death trap games would take a large time to set up as Serina would be the only one willing to go into them to reset them or rescue contestants who'd wanted to back out.

Fast-forward to the early days of the exodus, NCR forces began pushing into Salem. Forward scouts had reported such games to their superiors who found the games to be generally barbaric and distasteful and sought to shut them down, intending to hold them accountable for the loss of life they'd caused for the sake of entertainment. With local resistance from Salem high against NCR expansionism, resistance leaders sought out Serina's experience to turn parts of the city into one big deadly maze. Initially hesitant, her general inexperience with people combined with the incredible charisma of the leader of Salem's resistance movement easily converted her to their cause. Preparations were underway immediately and the Salem Resistance Front dug into the city.

NCR forces marched into the seemingly abandoned city before being annihilated by the traps hidden all over the city, and by well entrenched defenders. Though despite this, the NCR Expeditionary force pressed on. After a few disastrous engagements NCR field commanders quickly learned the Resistance's strategy and began to adapt. While the fight for the Capitol was technically in favour of the SDF, their fighters were largely inexperienced in fighting against an organized foe like the NCR. They were use to fighting raider bands like the ones that now fought beside them for independence. As such they were eventually routed and crushed.

Though despite this survivors persevered and pushed north to Portland to continue their resistance alongside the raiders there. Serina at this point was kind of too deep in already and continued her booby trapping. Still believing that she was fighting alongside resistance fighters who fought against an evil expansionist empire than a bunch of raiders who wanted nothing but anarchy and thrive inside of. In truth her resistance friends were long since gone. Fleeing north or already dead. Serina experienced a repeat of Salem as initial victory became crushing defeat. This in reference to the disastrous battle of I-5, where uncoordinated efforts lead to friendly fire, walking into trap zones, and their inevitable routing. It didn't help that their only way out was a single, open bridge that left many of them to be picked off by NCR sharpshooters. Serina herself is unsure how she got away, but it certainly wasn't her complaining. Now she hopes to trek north in search of her friends. Assuming the ones that went north were still alive.
          Last edited by Vacif on Tue Feb 13, 2018 9:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
          Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
          Member of Task Force Atlas
          Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Anowa
          Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:09 pm

Vacif wrote:
          Name: Serina Zima
          Physical Description: 5'1, 120 lbs. Hands are rough and calloused. Numerous straight and jagged scars line her arms from years of tinkering mishaps.
          Birthplace: Salem, Oregon
          Skills: Explosives, Repair, Science
          SPECIAL
          • C: 2
          • I: 9
          • A: 5
          Equipment: Grenade rifle, suppressed .22 pistol, suppressed .22 SMG, switchblade, tool kit, canteen, bed roll, mess kit, toiletries, scrap metal x4, lead (200), smokeless powder (200), various pistol and rifle primers, sensor module x2, scrap electronics x2, cherry bomb x3, .22LR x400, 40mm grenade x10, first aid kit, MRE x4, frag grenades x4, frag mine x2, light armour
          Biography: Born in Salem, Oregon to a rather wealthy self-proclaimed business man, Serina was the youngest of three children. They were spoiled little kids who were afforded every luxury they wanted, taken care of more by staff and servants than by their own flesh and blood. The elder two siblings were much more outgoing and social, preferring physical activity and social interaction to the books and education that their younger sister had taken to. Though despite the difference in interests the siblings remained close. Luke the oldest was the strong and athletic one, Yvonne was the charismatic socialite, and she was the quiet smart one.

Upon the oldest's 18th birthday their father gave him a plot of land, the old stadium beside the hospital to be exact. The space hadn't been used for quite some time and was often a place for vagrants to sit when they had nothing better to do. The siblings sat pondering what to do when the middle child Yvonne, proposed an obstacle course. They'd long since outgrown the children's playground. Serina, not one for physical activity was coaxed into joining the fun citing that she could 'use her big brain' and design the structure. That caught her attention and got her involved in what she'd describe as the best decade of her life.

At first it was nothing fancy, just some crates and ramshackle walls to vault over, a rope to swing across. But it was enough. It started off small, with just them but as the playground grew more and more elaborate, it drew more attention from the locals. Soon others began participating in their games, running through the obstacle course she'd designed. There wasn't much to do in Salem for the kids. People found the obstacles fun and challenging but not too creative. This struck a nerve for young Serina, so she sought out to design a grand and intricate course that no one could call uninspired. Lo and behold after a week of seclusion she unveiled the plans for a grand course that made people nervous just by looking at the blueprints. Nonetheless with nothing better to do they put together the beast, attempted it and failed. Over and over again. People began jokingly putting in money for a victory pool for whoever completed the course. Though with Yvonne's creative thinking she began marketing the course kind of like a competition for people to win money. This quickly gained traction as people put in money to participate to win the ever growing prize pool at the end of the course.

Teams formed, bets were placed and the games were on as people from all over came to watch their friends, families, and enemies try and tackle the her course. Though with this amount of popularity there would be negative attention. Raiders, thugs, people seeking to take the prize. Through no small effort of charm and persuasion did the middle child convince the raiders to not only not sack their efforts, but to participate, prove their ability. Bragging rights, and feeding one's ego played well. The raiders found it agreeable at first, playing along though after numerous attempts they found it annoying, or boring. Or both. So Serina began to think. Something riskier, higher stakes, death defying. She'd since been designing structures that were meant to minimize the chance of injury or death, but raiders loved blood, death, and action. So she began drawing up new schematics at a new location. One that had real stakes, real intensity. And of course, a higher payout.

Everyone found the later courses much more interesting as people risked life and limb in her gauntlets to win vast riches. People bet more, watched more. Raiders were much more happy with the thought of seeing someone gibbed because of their own stupidity or greed. Eventually the popularity grew to the point where multiple locations across Salem were erected. All in varying difficulties. Obstacles; low stakes, low payout, moderate viewership. Gauntlets; moderate stakes, moderate payout, moderate viewership. Death traps; high stakes, high payout, high viewership. While the games they'd established enjoyed massive popularity and success, it was hard finding people to work with. Death trap games would take a large time to set up as Serina would be the only one willing to go into them to reset them or rescue contestants who'd wanted to back out.

Fast-forward to the early days of the exodus, NCR forces began pushing into Salem. Forward scouts had reported such games to their superiors who found the games to be generally barbaric and distasteful and sought to shut them down, intending to hold them accountable for the loss of life they'd caused for the sake of entertainment. With local resistance from Salem high against NCR expansionism, resistance leaders sought out Serina's experience to turn parts of the city into one big deadly maze. Initially hesitant, her general inexperience with people combined with the incredible charisma of the leader of Salem's resistance movement easily converted her to their cause. Preparations were underway immediately and the Salem Resistance Front dug into the city.

NCR forces marched into the seemingly abandoned city before being annihilated by the traps hidden all over the city, and by well entrenched defenders. Though despite this, the NCR Expeditionary force pressed on. After a few disastrous engagements NCR field commanders quickly learned the Resistance's strategy and began to adapt. While the fight for the Capitol was technically in favour of the SDF, their fighters were largely inexperienced in fighting against an organized foe like the NCR. They were use to fighting raider bands like the ones that now fought beside them for independence. As such they were eventually routed and crushed.

Though despite this survivors persevered and pushed north to Portland to continue their resistance alongside the raiders there. Serina at this point was kind of too deep in already and continued her booby trapping. Still believing that she was fighting alongside resistance fighters who fought against an evil expansionist empire than a bunch of raiders who wanted nothing but anarchy and thrive inside of. In truth her resistance friends were long since gone. Fleeing north or already dead. Serina experienced a repeat of Salem as initial victory became crushing defeat. This in reference to the disastrous battle of I-5, where uncoordinated efforts lead to friendly fire, walking into trap zones, and their inevitable routing. It didn't help that their only way out was a single, open bridge that left many of them to be picked off by NCR sharpshooters. Serina herself is unsure how she got away, but it certainly wasn't her complaining. Now she hopes to trek north in search of her friends. Assuming the ones that went north were still alive.

Accepted.
          Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
          Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:32 pm

Name: Joseph Nemo
          Physical Description: Roughly 6'3 and about 187 pounds, Nemo is a physically average man, with no notable scars nor markings.
          Birthplace: Arroyo, New California Republic
          Level: 5
          Skills: 16/Level
          • Barter: 14
          • Energy Weapons: 26
          • Explosives: 41 [!]
          • Guns: 100 [!]
          • Lockpick: 26
          • Medicine: 52 [!]
          • Melee Weapons: 16
          • Repair: 26
          • Science: 26
          • Sneak: 16
          • Speech: 14
          • Survival: 55
          • Unarmed: 67
          SPECIAL
          • S: 6
          • P: 11
          • E: 10
          • A: 6
          • L: 4
          Perks:
          • Swift Learner (2)
          • Healer (4)
          Equipment:
          • Grenadier's Service Rifle
          • Climbing Equipment
          • 2x Stimpacks
          • 5x Med-X
          • Herbology Book
          Biography:Born in 2256 in the village of Arroyo, Joe was born of parentage from both tribal and vault dweller, leaving him with a set of skills and opportunities at birth that not many would have elsewhere. Taught in nearly every facet of life from tracking animals, all the way to maintaining and treating firearms, Joe was well equipped to explore and survive in the wasteland. At the age of 18 he enlisted with the NCR Army, going on to serve with the military for 5 years until coming home from the Mojave.

In 2279, he became a cartographer, venturing out beyond the borders of the NCR to chart routes, canyons, valleys, and buildings so the NCR would have an easier time of navigating, eventually coming under government contract. Everything from Boseman, Idaho, all the way to Newport, Oregon most of it either marked upon by Joseph, or outright mapped to the nth degree.

Recently he's started mapping out Washington, though his attempts to do so have been hampered by a heightened raider presence and increase in radiation. Eventually he managed to join up with a group on an exodus from NCR controlled territory. And then everything went downhill.

Name: Angela
          Physical Description: 8'7 1/2, roughly 376 pounds, has freckles across her face and body.
          Birthplace: New Reno
          Level: 13
          EXP: 10,450/12,300 XP
          Skills:
          • Barter: 25
          • Energy Weapons: 19
          • Explosives: 19
          • Guns: 40 [!]
          • Lockpick: 25
          • Medicine: 39
          • Melee Weapons: 100
          • Repair: 25
          • Science: 25
          • Sneak: 65
          • Speech: 30 [!]
          • Survival: 25
          • Unarmed: 56 [!]
          SPECIAL
          • S: 12
          • E: 18
          • C: 4
          • A: 14
          • L: 7
          Perks:
          • Swift Learner (2)
          • Mutate! (4) [Enhanced Musculature (x1.5 STR amd AGL)]
          • Mutate! (6) [Increased Physical Capability (x2 END)]
          • Mutate! (6) [Permeable Skin]
          • Mutate! (8) [Hermaphroditic]
          • Mutate! (10) [Total Healing]
          • Mutate! (12) [Wings]
          • Mutate! (800 Rads) [Mostly Hairless]
          • Mutate! (12) [Large Size (5'9 --> 8'7 1/2]
          Equipment:
          • Morningstar "Libera" ★
          • AA-12 "Impera" ★
          [/list]
          Biography: Born in Shady Sands, 2271, Angela was not born with the body, nor name, that she has now. Simply a sterotypical Irish girl with a mass of freckles, and a gap in her teeth, she was the child of a rancher and his wife. At the age of 6, it was evident that something about the girl was rather wrong, being capable of lifting full cattle was not something a child, let alone a normal person, could do, and yet there the girl was, doing exactly that, laughing in glee as her parents stared in horror. They kept it a secret, even as the rest of the girl started changing.

At age 10, she was pulled out of a rock slide no worse for wear, despite having over 12 tons of boulders and rubble pressed down on her, and being without food or water for almost a week. At age 11, she went swimming and fell asleep, waking up underwater and not on the clouds of heaven, her parents started becoming more and more worried about the changes their baby girl was going through, though they still loved here with all their heart even as her body changed from that of a woman to something inbetween that and a man. At age 14, she regrew her left arm after it was shorn off in a cave collapse, the old mine having lost most of it's supports. And age 16, she was selected by the NCR for the draft, sent northward to fight in Oregon and Idaho.

She made it to the frontline, and afraid of what would transpire should the NCR discover that she was as rampantly mutating as she was, she went AWOL, soon after being deemed a deserter as she fled north. It was around Portland before the next stage of her life started becoming evident. Her back was torn asunder as bones, exposed muscle and sinew, and raw skin and blood grew just under her shoulder blades. It left her weak, tired, and generally incapable of fending for herself. But after time, she managed to escape being prey to the local forces, flying north and leaving behind a legend of a Wasteland Angel.

Eventually she made it to Aurora, but not before being exposed to The Green's deadly radiation, except she wasn't killed, nor turned into a Ghoul, instead, what little body hair she had started falling off, split and dead, from what Angela supposed was rapid onset cancer. So she flew faster than she had before, finding one faction after another in the region. The Abbot, where she was turned away for fear of being the Anti-Christ. Vault 119, where she was turned away for being a possible health risk. Then the Fraserites, where she was told off for being an outsider. Eventually, she collapsed, not too far from what was once the lab for Newton Energy, a massive skyscraper, nearly 250 meters in height, easily dwarfing the few other skyscrapers in Newton's business park, more so that most of it's surroundings had fallen to decay and rubble.

The raiders there took mercy on the small, yet muscular girl. Their leader at the point was a fervent Christian, seeing the child as an angel having fallen from heaven, he had her within his care until she recuperated. At which point, he understood she was no real angel. Within the course of three days, she grew exponentially, from her mere 5'8 to that over 8 and a half feet, the man attempted to kill the girl, so in response, she reduced the man's torso into dusty bones and ruptured organs.

being the first time she killed someone, she emotionally lost it, realizing what he was trying to do, yet still not feeling right about such levels of violence. Fearing the response from his underlings, she hid in the tower, both afraid and catatonic. When someone finally came in, it was one of the few who gave a damn about humanity. For whatever reason, he kept it secret, started going on and on about how The Boss was real sick, and the girl was the only one who could help. It worked, and for the next year, she was nurtured and prodded into becoming the next leader of the gang, renaming it to The Newton Angels.

No one smart argued, those that did ended up a thin veneer of paste. Angela took on her current name, and started enforcing more than a few ground rules, people didn't like it, and people were rendered into their base components. Dead children stopped afflicting grieving families, food stock dropped, but was still enough, women stopped being fearful of their minds and bodies when wandering through that particular area. All because of an angelic woman at the top of the Tower of Babel.

Name: Elsa Konig
          Physical Description: Approximately 5'9 and about 146 pounds, Elsa is a remarkably average woman, with no scars, nor markings to speak of.
          Birthplace: The Smoking Gun Brothel, Vault 19 Protectorate
          Level: 8
          EXP: 4,600/5,800 XP
          Skills:
          • Barter: 13
          • Energy Weapons: 15
          • Explosives: 15
          • Guns: 55
          • Lockpick: 30 [!]
          • Medicine: 21
          • Melee Weapons: 33
          • Repair: 60 [!]
          • Science: 60 [!]
          • Sneak: 21
          • Speech: 41
          • Survival: 17
          • Unarmed: 17
          SPECIAL
          • S: 7
          • E: 6
          • A: 8
          Perks:
          • Mutate! [{153-156} Strangely-Coloured Eyes (Neon Blue)] (-)
          • Swift Learner (2)
          • Mutate! [{133} Redundant Vital Organs ({1} All Internal Organs)] (4)
          • Hand Loader (6)
          • Educated (6)
          • Cowboy (8)
          Equipment:
          • Vault Suit MK III
          • Colt 9mm "Quiet" ★
          • Pip-Boy 3000C
          • FSC Transmission Gear
          • Flare Gun
          • Red Smoke Grenades x5
          • Inglis Hi-Power
          Biography: Elsa Konig was the daughter of a whore, and a man who has long since faded into the background of Aurora history. Whoever her father was just so happened to give her a gift of his presence regardless, a pair of neon blue eyes. Her mother, as supportive as she was, left the employ of the The House soon after Elsa's fourth birthday, and found it wise to move to a safer, and more politically secure locale. Namely Bastion, and the Vault it was established beside.

Elsa lived her life like any child in the Protectorate, she received her inoculations, an education, and became somewhat of a smart cookie. She became the absolute pride of her mother, who had started learning how to become a doctor. Soon enough, Elsa started gaining an affinity for mathematics, and general tinkering, not to mention navigation and graphing. It was something the Vault Dwellers took notice of. Soon after her 16th birthday, she was visited by Amelia Flagg, who promptly informed her of how much demand the Tripartite Armed Forces had for people like her, people who could read maps and stellar patterns, calculate trajectories, and operate as well as maintain rather rare radio equipment.

At the age of 17, Elsa joined the Tripartite Armed forces as a Forward Support Coordinator. One of less than a dozen soldiers who could contact, direct, and order fire support missions from both the ground and air, as well as navigate without proper maps or charting. She has been doing an excellent job since, despite her rather naive attitude and rather trusting demeanor.
          Last edited by Anowa on Tue Feb 20, 2018 2:56 am, edited 14 times in total.
          Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Independent States of Tula
          Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
          Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sat Jan 06, 2018 6:00 pm

Name: Liam McDonald

Physical Description: 6'1'' 215 Ibs

Birthplace: New Reno, NCR

Level: 5 (Skill Points per level 13 [10 + 1/2 Int])

Perks: Swift Learner(2), Faster Healing(4)

Skills: Tags- Guns, Melee Weapons, Unarmed

Barter: 25
          Energy Weapons: 13
          Explosives: 15
          Guns: 40
          Lockpick: 13
          Medicine: 15
          Melee Weapons: 40
          Repair: 15
          Science: 15
          Sneak: 20
          Speech: 11
          Survival: 35
          Unarmed: 50

SPECIAL
          • S: 11
          • E: 11
          • I: 6
          • A: 7
          • L: 3

Equipment:
          Weapons: 1x "Martha" Galil ARM w/ 7x 35rd Magazines of 5.56x45mm M855 Rounds, 1x "Kitty" Trench Knife, "Betsy" Extended Blade Ripper (furthest left)

Armor/Apparel: Sleeved Combat Armor

Misc: 1x First Aid Pack (2x Stimpak, 2x Med-X, 1x Suture Kit, 1x Bottle of Disinfectant that stings like a motherfucker, 1x Wrap-Around Roll of Gauze, 2x Elastic Bandage), 1x Bottle of Rad-X (3x Pills Remaining), 2x Water Canteens, 2x Week Supply of Smoked Brahmin Jerky, 250x Bottle Cap, 1x Weapon Cleaning Kit, 1x Field Bag

Biography: Born to an underclass family in the city of New Reno Liam didn't have many prospects for upward mobility, especially with an alcoholic father, a stripper and prostitute of a mother, a drug addict brother, and two younger sisters destined for the same life as their mother. Though Liam had no security in life, he did have freedom, often finding himself out on the streets more often than at home unsurprisingly. It was on the streets where he found out that might made right in this post-apocalyptic world, and it was on those streets he learned many a lesson in being strong and enduring all challenges. By the time he was sixteen Liam was making a life for himself in the criminal underworld of New Reno. It was all going well until a police sting caught Liam and several others smuggling a large shipment of drugs into the city for some high-class clientele.

Given the option to either serve a stiff prison sentence in a penitentiary or serve out his sentence in the NCR military the option was an easy one for Liam. Joining up at sixteen he served for two years before participating in the Battle for Hoover Dam, during the battle he deserted his fellow NCR forces during the retreat to Boulder City and was declared KIA afterwards with his fellow soldiers and officers believing he had been caught in the blast, leaving him a free man once more. For years he wandered the Mojave, selling off his services to whoever would purchase them, eventually making a small name for himself among the seedier parts of society as time went on. It was during these first years that Liam came to switch out his Service Rifle with "Martha", the first of his three named weapons he carries with him always, the story of which involves him ambushing a Gun Runner's caravan on the Long 15 before they could reach New Vegas alongside a half-dozen other freelance mercenaries doing the job for the Van Grafs. Then during the second battle for Hoover Dam Liam found himself in possession of his second weapon, "Kitty", a trench knife that a retreating Legionary had on him when Liam caught him down by Lake Mead.

Unfortunately when the Courier came to power in the Mojave it suddenly became far less hospitable for men like Liam who found himself fleeing the securitron infested wasteland. He began moving north, ever further north, in front of the ever expanding NCR lines where he continued to find work as a mercenary in their employ. Eventually he came to be approached by a big-time rancher in the NCR looking to free up some land held by a small tribe just outside of NCR territory, they were poorly armed and made up mostly of hunter-gatherers using some of the only fertile land in a hundred miles around in order to survive. For a large fee that tribe ceased to exist a few months later, constantly losing any who left their campgrounds in small numbers until finally Liam assaulted their campgrounds one night and made sure the job was done. While burning the camp to the ground he came across his third weapon, "Betsy" a long-bladed ripper that had once been the Chief's "sacred" weapon.

Things kept up like this for a while, with Liam becoming a very big favorite of the Rancher Barons back in the NCR for "freeing up" newly conquered land for them and the NCR in general. And with the prospect of every increasing profits, Liam continued ever further north, searching for new opportunities to find employment by capitalizing on the ever expanding NCR borders and both the conflicts of the state and private citizens against these newly conquered or soon to be conquered territories. And this is how he has found his way to Aurora, amongst a group of refugees fleeing ever further north as Liam seeks out the next likely place that'll net him a paycheck.

Last edited by Independent States of Tula on Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:03 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Anowa
          Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:45 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
          Name: Liam McDonald

Physical Description: 6'1'' 215 Ibs

Birthplace: New Reno, NCR

Skills: Tags- Guns, Melee Weapons, Unarmed

Barter: 11
          Energy Weapons: 13
          Explosives: 13
          Guns: 32
          Lockpick: 13
          Medicine: 15
          Melee Weapons: 40
          Repair: 15
          Science: 15
          Sneak: 17
          Speech: 11
          Survival: 25
          Unarmed: 40

Level: 1 (Skill Points per level 13 [10 + 1/2 Int])

SPECIAL
          • S: 11
          • E: 11
          • I: 6
          • A: 7
          • L: 3

Equipment:
          Weapons: 1x "Martha" Galil ARM w/ 7x 35rd Magazines of 5.56x45mm M855 Rounds, 1x "Kitty" Trench Knife, "Betsy" Extended Blade Ripper (furthest left)

Armor/Apparel: Sleeved Combat Armor

Misc: 1x First Aid Pack (2x Stimpak, 2x Med-X, 1x Suture Kit, 1x Bottle of Disinfectant that stings like a motherfucker, 1x Wrap-Around Roll of Gauze, 2x Elastic Bandage), 1x Bottle of Rad-X (3x Pills Remaining), 2x Water Canteens, 2x Week Supply of Smoked Brahmin Jerky, 250x Bottle Cap, 1x Weapon Cleaning Kit, 1x Field Bag

Biography: Born to an underclass family in the city of New Reno Liam didn't have many prospects for upward mobility, especially with an alcoholic father, a stripper and prostitute of a mother, a drug addict brother, and two younger sisters destined for the same life as their mother. Though Liam had no security in life, he did have freedom, often finding himself out on the streets more often than at home unsurprisingly. It was on the streets where he found out that might made right in this post-apocalyptic world, and it was on those streets he learned many a lesson in being strong and enduring all challenges. By the time he was sixteen Liam was making a life for himself in the criminal underworld of New Reno. It was all going well until a police sting caught Liam and several others smuggling a large shipment of drugs into the city for some high-class clientele.

Given the option to either serve a stiff prison sentence in a penitentiary or serve out his sentence in the NCR military the option was an easy one for Liam. Joining up at sixteen he served for two years before participating in the Battle for Hoover Dam, during the battle he deserted his fellow NCR forces during the retreat to Boulder City and was declared KIA afterwards with his fellow soldiers and officers believing he had been caught in the blast, leaving him a free man once more. For years he wandered the Mojave, selling off his services to whoever would purchase them, eventually making a small name for himself among the seedier parts of society as time went on. It was during these first years that Liam came to switch out his Service Rifle with "Martha", the first of his three named weapons he carries with him always, the story of which involves him ambushing a Gun Runner's caravan on the Long 15 before they could reach New Vegas alongside a half-dozen other freelance mercenaries doing the job for the Van Grafs. Then during the second battle for Hoover Dam Liam found himself in possession of his second weapon, "Kitty", a trench knife that a retreating Legionary had on him when Liam caught him down by Lake Mead.

Unfortunately when the Courier came to power in the Mojave it suddenly became far less hospitable for men like Liam who found himself fleeing the securitron infested wasteland. He began moving north, ever further north, in front of the ever expanding NCR lines where he continued to find work as a mercenary in their employ. Eventually he came to be approached by a big-time rancher in the NCR looking to free up some land held by a small tribe just outside of NCR territory, they were poorly armed and made up mostly of hunter-gatherers using some of the only fertile land in a hundred miles around in order to survive. For a large fee that tribe ceased to exist a few months later, constantly losing any who left their campgrounds in small numbers until finally Liam assaulted their campgrounds one night and made sure the job was done. While burning the camp to the ground he came across his third weapon, "Betsy" a long-bladed ripper that had once been the Chief's "sacred" weapon.

Things kept up like this for a while, with Liam becoming a very big favorite of the Rancher Barons back in the NCR for "freeing up" newly conquered land for them and the NCR in general. And with the prospect of every increasing profits, Liam continued ever further north, searching for new opportunities to find employment by capitalizing on the ever expanding NCR borders and both the conflicts of the state and private citizens against these newly conquered or soon to be conquered territories. And this is how he has found his way to Aurora, amongst a group of refugees fleeing ever further north as Liam seeks out the next likely place that'll net him a paycheck.

Accepted.
          Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

The Empire of Tau
          Minister

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
          Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Empire of Tau » Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:46 pm

Question. When we make a char, where do we start?

Shadowwell
          Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:03 pm

The Empire of Tau wrote:Question. When we make a char, where do we start?

With the group heading north, if that PC dies, then you can make a local character.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse