NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis of Petwora: A New Dawn {OOC|DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:37 pm

Spindle wrote:
Charlia wrote:I prefer sudoku myself, but whatever works for you, I guess. :p

Combine the two, then? Sudoku in blood: only summons the middle-class daemons.
...That sounds like what one of my classmates said about the whole 'committing sudoku' joke. Just commit seppuku by playing sudoku on your chest. With a sword.

I laughed for a good while after that. >:D

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:52 pm

Charlia wrote:
Spindle wrote:Combine the two, then? Sudoku in blood: only summons the middle-class daemons.
...That sounds like what one of my classmates said about the whole 'committing sudoku' joke. Just commit seppuku by playing sudoku on your chest. With a sword.

I laughed for a good while after that. >:D

Honestly, I have never been able to take that evil-emoji-face-thing seriously. It always just kinda looks reeeeeally happy/high to me.
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:40 pm

So, was the revised version of my app accepted?
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:50 pm

Character App
Name: Aiden Quentin Thompson, or Rayetayah
Race: Pureblood Vampire, though he doesn't know that
Sex: Male
Sexual Orientation: Bisexual
Bio: So, everybody knows the trope where the protagonist is left as a swaddled babe in a basket in front of an orphanage or hermitage or nunnery or something of similar gist? Yeah? Yeah, it's that, 'cept replace protagonist with a dark skinned Cherokee pureblood vampire that has some strange ass symbols tattooed on his ribs and the general gist -age thing for orphans with a really rich philanthropist white family that was just starving for a brown baby to adopt and make them seem like real progressives. This was the Thompson family of Arkansas, some old money hoarders with fingers in linen, cotton, and oil pies from far back. Also a rather recent history with the Klan made them, let's say, unpopular with their neighbors. Thanks Uncle Clem. Anywho, adoptive dad died pretty quick, didn't have any real kids to leave his fortune to so he defaulted it to his twenty or thirty something wife (Even he didn't remember her age at that point, she was like, wifey number ten or something) and so she was left with a two year old vampire who didn't he was a vampire... though they had figured it out pretty quick, seeming as he almost killed her when he tried to suck her dry in the first month. Thankfully, through some expert manipulations and lies, as well as a little bit of science and experimentation, she figured out how to satisfy that thirst for plasma and hide it from her own son. Something about the vampire actually only desiring the plasma from blood and, because of that, it was rather easy to secret it into things like milk, water, and even food.

Things went like this for about, say, fifteen or sixteen years? Then (Trope incoming) something went wroooooonnnnnng, oh my. Anyway, that tattoo that Aiden had on his left side? Well, he had done some research, and it turns out that the strange symbols that were there were actually Cherokee letters. They spelled a name, that being Rayetayah. And, of course, the orphan trope kicks in where he realizes 'well shit I ain't no white baby' and he started wanting to learn about his real parents, his real culture, that sort of thing. DNA tests and many arguments with his mother later... Aiden runs off to Oklahoma, hoping to learn about his parents from the Tribe, dropping everything from his Arkansas life like school and friends and even freaking gaming. He doesn't talk about what happened at the Tribe, but what is known is that he somehow crawled his way back to his mother's home in Arkansas with several new tribal tattoos, a new language gracing his tongue, and no idea about who his parents were. Only secrets and apologies were with him the day he turned up. His mother didn't have him for long, though, because soon after that another incident occurred at school. Some white upper crust kid got the idea in him that it was fun to be an Uncle Clem and so called Aiden, well, something not so flattering to his native ancestors. The kid ended up needing stitches in the triple digits because Aiden 'Suddenly grew a massive fucking knife and stabbed me with it'. Which was what happened, though the drugs the kid had been on at the time didn't help corroborate that statement. IMOSA got involved later, so did Aiden's mother, and bippity boppity, there he goes to Petwora.
Appearance:
Also, get rid of the tattoos/scars on his face. Add two different colored eyes, one dark grey and the other deep brown.

Magic Arts: Vampire Arts and Blood Magic
Magic Specifics: Currently, Aiden is only able to manipulate (Creating weapons being the main use) his blood or any free blood lying around, but the potential is there for him to expand his knowledge of the Blood Arts into the wider aspects if given a teacher or books on the subjects. He can also innately sense blood due to his vampiric abilities but he counts this toward his affinity to the blood rather than anything. Being a vampire, he could be pushed to discover his vampiric magic, like shapeshifting, mistwalking, and the like, but currently Aiden has no knowledge of being a vampire.
Other Abilities: Literate and fluent in English and Cherokee, having picked up the latter after trying to find himself with the Tribe in Oklahoma. He basically has an above average high school education and martial arts training in HEMA, Judo, and Karate. Also, advanced knowledge when it comes to gaming, chess, and other nerd subjects that he picked up from being, well, a nerd in middle and high school.
Weapon(s): His mother bought him a gun when he left just in case, but he keeps that under his bed in the dorm room... and doesn't talk about it...

RP Sample: I could write you some smut, if you like...
Did you read the Rules? Is there a rule against calling you daddy?

Optional Stuff:
Personality: To be completely honest, your average nice teen.
Likes: Games, nerds, natives, other cultures, tattoos, legends, magic, and friends.
Dislikes: Bullies, racists, chocolate of all things, and children. Creep 'im out.

Alignment: No. Again.
Theme Song: Jumper by Third Eye Blind
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:30 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:So, was the revised version of my app accepted?

At work so don't have much time to look at apps except on my breaks. Accepted

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Character App
Name: Aiden Quentin Thompson, or Rayetayah

Accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 8:37 pm

Sorry I haven't gotten my app out yet, I've been busier than I thought I'd be over the last few days. I'll probably have it up tonight.

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:02 pm

Actually you know what? Never mind! I found their old apps on my phone, and after a quick read through and edit, its ready now!

Character App

Name:
Dominic 'Dom' McGillis (Vadris)

Race: Human

Sexual Orientation: Straight

Bio:
Dominic McGillis is the is the middle child of the Vadris siblings, the children of the famed 'Mage Killer' Luke Vadris. Due to... tension with other magic families over Luke's profession, he had taken his wife and first son, Micah, and gone into hiding, starting a small farm in Ireland where they hoped to start a new life. They still taught the children magic and combat just in case, but to everyone outside the family and a select few friends who were trusted unconditionally, they were just another family who had bought a farm. Even then, the children just knew about their magic, not their fathers dark past.

However, Dom had never really taken to life on the family farm. Instead, he had always thrived in the more administrative, straight laced situations, where he could take charge and make sure everything was organised properly. Because of this, while he used to get along much better with Micah, he slowly began to look at him more and more as an embarrassment, as his easy going, shy nature began to get on Dom's nerves.

The only time Dom ever seemed to respect Micah was when they trained together and sparred, at which point even with his infuriatingly lighthearted attitude, he still had to concede the fact that Micah was very talented, often making use of his summons to pull him out of Dom's illusions.

However, he never quite realised how well he had it until the day his parents were killed, assassinated by a masked man.

He was just thirteen.

That day, Dom finally realised for the first time exactly why he liked to be the one who kept everything organised. It allowed him to feel like he had control of every situation, and he could keep anything from going wrong. The assassination of their parents made Dom feel powerless in a way that few else had ever achieved. He froze, and couldn't even bring himself to try and cast an illusion on the masked man, who moved in to take him out as well. Before he was killed though, Elise, his younger sister, pushed him away. Unfortunately however, this action left her right arm right in the path of the sword, and it was cut off by the masked man. Broken out of his shock for a moment Dom only just had time to grab his sister and pull her over to the corner of the room, sobbing out a barrage of apologies and doing his best to shield her from whatever attack would come next. His mind was too jumbled from fear and shame to cast a reliable illusion, but maybe, just maybe, Elise would be able to escape in the moment the man attacked him.

And then Micah burst through the door, and for the very first time since they were young children, Dom saw actual anger appear on his brothers face.

And it terrified him.

He barely remembered what happened after that, only coming to his senses properly hours later in the back of a car driven by a man called Marco, Luke's former apprentice. It was in this car trip that Marco explained everything about the Vadris family, and told them that he would help train them to survive any further possible attacks.

Over the next three years, Dom trained himself to an almost dangerous extent. He still felt responsible for Elise's injury, and he was determined that the next time something happened, he would keep her safe. That along with the fact that it was Micah who had to jump in to save them, while he couldn't even move, and he rapidly grew an inferiority complex that would make an Evangelion character take a step back.

Thankfully though, it was easier for him and Marco to train together, as He was also a wielder of the Illusion Arts. With Marco's help, Dom was able to pull himself back out of the dark place he'd found himself in. However, he is still looking for a way to get revenge against the masked man, along with anyone associated with them.

Appearance:

Magic Art(s):
Illusion

Magic Specifics:
Dom's illusions are quite potent, and he has learnt to use them in devastatingly effective ways. Over the years, he has gained the uncanny ability to learn the deepest fears of an individual, and then using them to break that person should he have to.

Other Abilities: Dom is extremely good at organisation, being able to juggle multiple different tasks with ease and delegate people to the tasks most appropriate to their skills with very little margin of error.

Weapon(s): He generally carries at least three Bowie knives, hidden around his body. However, if he needs something better, he will often use Elise's paper weapons.

RP Sample:

Did you read the Rules? Yep.

Optional Stuff:

Personality: Dominic is a very serious person, doing what he can to keep everything organised and in order. He tends to look down on people who don't take things as seriously as him, as he believes they are just screwing around half the time. However, this masks a massive inferiority complex, due to his inability to act when the masked man killed his parents and cut of Elise's arm, causing both Elise and Micah to have to step in and protect him.

That's not to say he isn't capable of loosening up, but it takes a great deal to get him relaxed enough to do so. Even then, he'll most likely end up trying to solve some form of complicated puzzle, or making some kind of spreadsheet, chart, or schedule, because he finds that kind of stuff fun.

One thing that throws off his otherwise organised demeanour is his obsession with finding the masked man who killed his parents. Every now and then he will think he's discovered some kind of lead, and the idea of getting revenge will all but consume him, making his personality a lot darker and more emotionally driven.

Likes: Organisation, puzzles, revenge, Micah (kind of), being in a leadership/administrative position.

Dislikes: The Masked Man, Micah (kind of), idiots.

Alignment:

Theme Song:

Name: Elise McGillis (Vadris)

Sex: Female

Bio: Elise, the youngest Vadris sibling, had always been relatively carefree. She always found a way to make whatever task she was doing interesting for her, whether on the farm or in town. She was also the most outgoing of the three, finding it quite easy to make friends. Of course, her energetic nature often scared potential friends away too, but she didn't care all too much with her brothers around.

However, there was nothing that could replace her real favourite things, videogames and creation arts.

If Elise had any free time at any point in the day, chances were that you could find her playing videogames or trying to make some kind of weapon or golem based on whatever game she's last played, more than a few of which she'd pit against her brothers for shits and giggles. Warnings of said attacks were a luxury she rarely afforded them.

The day of their parents assassination, however, changed things.

The man had destroyed all the golems she'd sent at him to try and defend their parents, and after he'd killed them, she was almost too terrified to move. The only thing that broke her out of her paralysing fear was when the masked man moved to attack Dominic. The fear of seeing another of her loved ones killed gave her the last ounce of strength she needed to rush forwards and push Dom out of the way. Unfortunately, after pushing her brother away, the way she positioned herself left her right arm in the same space where he had been, and was subsequently cut off just above the elbow.

After the loss of her arm, she quickly blacked out, only waking up hours later in Micah's arms. Micah explained all about what had happened after he had arrived, and about Marco. While she wasn't entirely sure about Marco, she decided to go along with it. After all, what were the alternatives?

Over the next three years, she continued training her creation arts, doing her best to make stronger and more powerful golems out of all different kinds of materials, from steel to origami paper, the second of which ended up being surprisingly powerful if utilised properly. At the start, her missing arm made things difficult, but over the first year, she slowly created an artificial one. Because of the way she made it however, the arm almost seems to have a personality of its own, and while they tend to synchronise perfectly in the situations that really warrant it, slow, everyday life tends to see her having to request the arm to do something.

Appearance:

This, but robot arm.

Magic Art(s): Creation Arts

Magic Specifics: Elise is skilled in the creation of magical constructs and weapons. While she does like to use stronger, metallic substances in her constructs, she has found that she can make a variety of interesting constructs with origami paper, which also has the added benefit of being more easily available.

She has also become quite skilled specifically at creating ammo with a variety of different magical effects.

Other Abilities: She is very good at videogames, and her artificial arm is extremely strong.

Weapon(s): Her artificial arm could be considered a weapon, considering how powerful it is.

RP Sample:

Did you read the Rules? Sure did!

Optional Stuff:

Personality: Elise is a boisterous, happy girl, who enjoys messing with her brothers at almost every opportunity. Whenever she isn't making constructs and weapons or playing videogames, which is honesty fairly rare, she will be attempting to find new and exciting ways to drive Micah and Dominic insane, a pastime she has gotten very good at.

However, she does still care about the two of them a great deal, and she will always do what she can to help them any time they turn to her. She extends this attitude to many other people she meets as well, allowing her to make friends very easily.

Likes: Videogames, messing with people, making constructs, making weapons.

Dislikes: Boring people, cheaters.

Alignment:

Theme Song:
Last edited by Granis on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:09 pm

MOTHER HECCING TAG
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:14 pm

I think we may just need to start a seventh team... as such when said seventh team is full I will close the RP to new apps.

Danceria wrote:MOTHER HECCING TAG

Get your app in quick
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:16 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I think we may just need to start a seventh team... as such when said seventh team is full I will close the RP to new apps.

Danceria wrote:MOTHER HECCING TAG

Get your app in quick

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

*Sound of a magical Guardian Healer intensifies*
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:26 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I think we may just need to start a seventh team... as such when said seventh team is full I will close the RP to new apps.

Get your app in quick

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

You better be a good one...
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:31 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Danceria wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

He's a tough-loving bruiser of a medic, who may or may not have punched a snotty member of Clan Astvaldursson. Or their cousin's twice removed. Either way, it was a really big brawl, and thus he was shipped to Petwora for "disorderly conduct unbefitting of a student of magic". Also, do I need to scrounge for an RP sample?
Obligatory Quotes below

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:45 pm

Danceria wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

He's a tough-loving bruiser of a medic, who may or may not have punched a snotty member of Clan Astvaldursson. Or their cousin's twice removed. Either way, it was a really big brawl, and thus he was shipped to Petwora for "disorderly conduct unbefitting of a student of magic". Also, do I need to scrounge for an RP sample?

Nah
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Dec 21, 2017 9:59 pm

Granis wrote:Actually you know what? Never mind! I found their old apps on my phone, and after a quick read through and edit, its ready now!

Drop the faction part on the apps but other than that, accepted
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Elysian Kentarchy
Senator

Founded: Nov 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elysian Kentarchy » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:56 pm

Well I'm on winter break and in the mood to RP so...

Made something a bit outside of my usual fare.
Character App
Name: Eliana Zadok
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Asexual/Demi
Bio: Being pressed has her state that she has no family, not any more anyway, and she refuses to divulge much more about her early life, so much so that some of those who initially interviewed her doubt that Eliana Zadok is actually her name. She was approached by a couple I.M.O.S.A agents in her area recently due to her practicing Creation magic in a way that drew their attention and led them to her. When questioned why she carried out her display she simply smiled and said "to get attention" and pulled out her application to the I.M.O.S.A academies, stating the best way she could think of to hand in her application was her little display. When it was pointed out that she could have been in a far worse situation than her current one due to different reactions for situations she simply shrugged, stating something would have happened either way, implying she didn't care too much had they reacted violently. When questioned she further stated the application was "a gift from a concerned friend that I decided to take him up on". After being processed and a proper display of her Creation ability her application was approved but, due to her stance on Guardian magic marking her as trouble and her initial circumstances, she was sent to Petwora. She lived in a home, a mansion actually, in the American Midwest, though she possesses the deed to it which implies she is the owner that house is marked in the nearest township as abandoned and not owned by an Eliana Zadok, Eliana refuses to comment on it but states the house is hers. It has a rather notable library, a smithy, a garden, and is booby trapped to hell on Eliana's decision.

She seems to have quite a bit of knowledge on various topics besides that of Creation which she handwaves away by saying she has read a lot of books.
Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Creation Art
Magic Specifics: She has a fondness of making enchanted knives, guns, and specialty ammunition but also dabbles in alchemy and magic tokens to make up for her stance on Guardian magic.
Other Abilities: She is skilled with her revolver from a lot of practice and she is also a skilled tactician and constantly plans herself out several steps ahead and capable of switching plans on the fly. Given this and her mind she spends time developing weapon designs to use as counter measures to deal with different scenarios, which also means she is able to actually make the weapons she designs but she views such talents as a hobby but one she pursues passionately. She is capable in Latin and knows some German in addition to her seemingly native English. Due to her practice of mortification she has a surprisingly high pain tolerance.

As it is implied she has taken care of herself over the years she knows how to cook and sew.
Weapon(s): She carries a dagger and a revolver on herself when she is capable with plenty extra ammo hidden on her body, all of the aforementioned specially designed by her and developed for various situations.

RP Sample: I can dig up something if you need it.
Did you read the Rules? Yes.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Eliana is polite to a fault, rather serious, and tends to be rather kind to those who could be considered weaker than her, but that facet of her personality does not mean she is a pushover or is easily manipulated, she is someone who plans for many different scenarios and works out different plans, possibly including plans to kill. She has the habit of talking to himself, in a way that it seems like she is talking to someone else. She shrugs it off though saying that it allows him to express his thoughts. As for talking to others she doesn't seek out conversation but she is conversational when spoken to.

She is also a Catholic but she doesn't openly express her faith unless it is brought up or suits the current context and even then she doesn't bring up her practice of mortification of the flesh but considering she uses a discipline she could be considered extreme in practice of mortification, though she is careful to follow her practices out of eye and earshot. Her belief in law and order regardless places her within lawful neutral ground however she can be very callous when called upon, or perhaps the better word is uncaring and will occasionally bend things in order to get results she needs (leading her to be much more extreme in her mortification as penance). She has an ambition to master every aspect of Creation that she can.

Some might consider her eccentric.
Likes: She is very fond of reading, with a love of the smell of old paper, and can often be found with her nose in a book, most often a book about metallurgy, philosophy, religion, history, and alchemy, or a text on the Druidic or Alteration Arts. Beyond that she enjoys classical music, especially Bach and Samuel Barber. She is also approving of charity when done for the right causes and has a fondness for discussing and debating philosophy and theology. She loves a good steak.
Dislikes: She has an extremely strong aversion to Guardian magic for reasons she will not divulge, to be honest her aversion borders on outright hatred of the practice and she frequently seeks alchemical and Creation based solutions to avoid any relation to it. She also is not fond of talking about family, especially her own. Also she hates any damage to books. Also does not like math or modern technology too much, preferring older ways and when she has to work out math she tends to work it all out by hand. Has a dislike of lettuce and salads in general.

Alignment: It slightly varies depending on her mood but she defaults to lawful neutral.
Theme Song: Couldn't decide:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Y3FxTdxwFs (lyrics: http://lyricstranslate.com/en/die-schlacht-battle.html )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mvohJMlACbg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqtj6op-1cM
Last edited by Elysian Kentarchy on Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:10 pm, edited 29 times in total.

Celivaia wrote:"Today is a great day. Recently, we completed a project that will greatly help the Salarian Union in it's fight, and while I cannot divulge information about this project, I am pleased to announce that this project was no small feat, and for his dedication, work, and pure, brilliant genius, we have a special award for this Salarian. We cannot divulge the name of this operative, but we have given him a special award, the "Star of the Union," and as an added bonus, we have decided to rename this, our home planet, after him. As of this moment, you are now standing on Solus'Kesh."

Philosophy and Religion Major

Caruolinda
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caruolinda » Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:09 pm

Character App
Name: Zacarías Sánchez
Bio: Zacarías was born and raised in the suburbs of Lima, Peru. Growing up, he got easily involved with all evil and wrongdoing that there were to be found out in the streets, so for most of his childhood he wandered around engaged in theft, lockpicking and burglary, partly because he wanted to, in a way, assist his family and also because he found it fun. His illusionary abilities made him one of the best and soon enough he was captured by the Peruvian government. Being only able to return most of what he stole, he was freed by the government under the condition of being forcibly sent to Sudora. The fact that he was given a second chance, however, did not influence Zacarías much and by the time he was 15 he had already been kicked out of Sudora for the same kind of attitude and sent to Petwora.
Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Illusionary Arts
Magic Specifics: Zacarías has the average abilities of an illusionist: He can control what things are visible for his target, trick them into doing something. Overall, he can to an extent make his target see, hear, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or are different from how they actually are. The emphasis of his ability however is placed on his capability of manipulating his own image, voice, physiology to each entity.
Other Abilities: Over his childhood and early teen years he developed the abilities of a skilled thief, being able to sneak rather well and find his way with lockpicking.
Weapon(s): A short, dull dagger

RP Sample: So I've never really engaged in any serious character RPing, I wanted this to be my first try so I'm willing to learn. This is the sample of my most recent post which was not from a character RP: viewtopic.php?p=33120644#p33120644
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Due to how his childhood played out, his personality is based on the long-term motivation of acquiring riches and wealth. Even though he usually shows some kind of empathy and friendliness he will, when tested, immediately put himself above others and his personal gain above everything else.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral
Theme Song:
Last edited by Caruolinda on Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Seus olhos azuis como a tarde
Na tarde de um domingo azul

Granis
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:55 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Granis wrote:Actually you know what? Never mind! I found their old apps on my phone, and after a quick read through and edit, its ready now!

Drop the faction part on the apps but other than that, accepted

Ah, right. Guess the read through was a little too quick! Done now.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:29 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Well I'm on winter break and in the mood to RP so...

Elysia! Great to see you again! :hug:
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Menschenfleisch
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 01, 2017
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Menschenfleisch » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:51 am

Character App
Name: Rupert Oxford
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual
Bio: Rupert was born to a middle-income family in Amsterdam, with ties to IMOSA through previous work by the mother. His education was unremarkable, receiving average grades, and having a fairly standard social life. His mother was shot outside their house when he was 12, due to her previous ties with IMOSA (although he doesn't know this). It isn't clear what exactly happened. What is known however is that his mother recovered, at the expense of their entire garden bed.
In subsequent years, his parents would debate what to do with him. His mother wanted to keep him at home to protect him, while his father wanted to send him to a secure location. Eventually, IMOSA's offer to both educate and protect him was thrown into the bargain, and his parents agreed to send him to their educational facility, in the hopes that he wouldn't die trying to serve the same body his mother had nearly died because of.
Appearance: Caucasian skin, normal musculature, a bit tall, the usual. Brown hair, too.

(Search "Regular Dude")

Magic Art(s): Guardian arts
Magic Specifics: Rupert is able to heal others by transfusing his own "life". Giving them his blood (intravaneously, orally or absorbed through the skin) is usually the easiest and quickest way of doing this. It causes their wounds to rapidly close up, and alleviates the symptoms of most diseases. He can't actually affect the pathogen itself, however. In another vein, he's able to take "life" from less intelligent life, such as grass and insects, in order to heal himself, and as a conduit to support others. He can also transfer "life" to other things as well, allowing him to grow plants, and cause them to grow a certain way. He can make himself and his allies harder to kill simply by standing on the grass.
Other Abilities: N/A
Weapon(s): A pistol.

RP Sample: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=425381&start=662
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Happy and enthusiastic. It's cliche for him, but it's also the way he naturally is. He can be surprisingly mature and severe in some situations, and is often able to overcome many personal barriers in the face of hardship.
Dislikes: The clingy and the self absorbed.

Alignment: True neutral.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8Bz5Srw28c
Last edited by Menschenfleisch on Fri Dec 22, 2017 1:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Dec 22, 2017 7:51 am

Ich mag Menschenfleisch...nicht!
Bin doch kein Kannibale...
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Dec 22, 2017 8:16 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Well I'm on winter break and in the mood to RP so...

Hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii *glomps*

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:54 am

Elysian Kentarchy wrote:Character App
Name: Eliana Zadok

Accepted

Caruolinda wrote:Character App
Magic Specifics: Zacarías has the average abilities of an illusionist: He can control what things are visible for his target, trick them into doing something. Overall, he can to an extent make his target see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or are different from how they actually are. The emphasis of his ability however is placed on his capability of manipulating his own image, voice, physiology to each entity.

Drop the touch part of his illusions.

Menschenfleisch wrote:Character App
Name: Rupert Oxford
Magic Art(s): Alteration arts
Magic Specifics: Rupert causes the uncontrollable, rapid decay of anything he touches. He can direct it outwards, causing other things to rot, rust, e.t.c. He can also repair items and wounds at the expense of his own health, but destroying other objects (especially living humans) increases his lifespan, makes him physically stronger, and allows him temporary, complete control over his abilities. A willing participant is a much better fuel source, he (hasn't yet) found.

Going to have to deny. Your bio feels very empty, and I would have to say no on the magic, as there are a few thing.

Causing decay and such I would not consider Alteration Arts, as they are not altering, but destroying. Repairing wounds = healing = Guardian Arts which is not Alteration Arts. Basically, purposed magic isn't Alteration Arts, nor is it really something humans can use, and even if humans could, denied on the fact that I don't know you and as such I don't want to risk allowing such magic to be used by you.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am

Oh, and....

Last edited by Faal Lot Himdah on Fri Dec 22, 2017 9:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Caruolinda
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 25, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Caruolinda » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:00 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Caruolinda wrote:Character App
Magic Specifics: Zacarías has the average abilities of an illusionist: He can control what things are visible for his target, trick them into doing something. Overall, he can to an extent make his target see, hear, touch, smell and/or taste things which do not actually exist or are different from how they actually are. The emphasis of his ability however is placed on his capability of manipulating his own image, voice, physiology to each entity.

Drop the touch part of his illusions.

Done
Seus olhos azuis como a tarde
Na tarde de um domingo azul

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Fri Dec 22, 2017 10:22 am

Nevermind, I guess.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse