NATION

PASSWORD

Crisis of Petwora: A New Dawn {OOC|DEAD}

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 am

Nuridia wrote:Got this bio up, Faal.

Nuridia wrote:Character App
Name: Valentine Norcross
Age: Val is physically 14, albeit she looks younger due to her size and style of dressing. And that is not likely to change. When people ask her how long she's been fourteen, she says: "Too damn long."
Race: Vampire
Sex: Female
Sexual Orientation: Ace
Bio: Valentine Eleanor Theresa Norcross was born in Birmingham, England to James and Eleanor “Ellie” Norcross. She was the younger or two children, although her older brother was college aged by the time that Val was born. Still, James Norcross Jr. (called JJ) doted on his little sister and the two are fairly close. She was born on St. Valentine’s Day, which is where her first name came from. Val’s father worked for a UK news network as a reporter and her mother had a job as an architect, her childhood was often spent traveling because of this and she can’t even name all the countries she’s been to without her list. Although she enjoyed the adventure, she was sometimes sad as most children would be since she didn’t have a permanent hometown or permanent friends. It was during these travels, in Lithuania, that Val wandered away from her parents one night to do more exploring alone. Long story short, that’s how she was turned into a vampire. Nobody had any idea at first until the strange symptoms started appearing, and she couldn’t go out in sunlight anymore. And that she didn’t age, even when two birthdays passed by. Her parents were at a loss for what to do for her...until they did some research and discovered the Petwora school. They decided that sending her there would be the best option for her, as she could find out more about her new self. Val didn’t want to go at first, but she was told to just think of it as another adventure and that’s how she ended up here.
Appearance: (although her hair and eyes are more of a neon pink)

Magic Art(s): Vampire arts
Magic Specifics: Val has the typical vampiric powers. Super strength, minor compulsion, the ability to turn into a bat and into mist, she has what she calls her "dark form", where she looks more feral and vampiric when she's feeding, supernatural speed, and things like that. She can teleport in mist as well, but in short distances only
Other Abilities: She knows how to use her appearance to her advantage, nobody would convince a little girl of being dangerous. She's also very stealthy and is a master lockpick.
Weapon(s): She has a dagger, but that's about it.

RP Sample: (If I know you, you can pass on this, if not... or I don't remember you, then no skipping.)
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Val is cheerful, friendly and happy and won’t hesitate to just walk up to you and introduce yourself, and she’ll very happily chat your ear off. She’s a practical joker and her usual amount of empathy toward strangers can fill half a thimble. However, she’s like poison in a candy coating. She’s pretty sadistic as well especially when hunting victims. Although she has the capacity of many years of wisdom she often treats situations like a game, as she’s not very mature (I guess that’s what happens when you’re eleven years old forever.) This is how people in her life are separated, People that she loves dearly, and people she doesn’t give two shits about. That’s it. And her motto is: “If pink isn’t fixing your problem, you’re not using enough pink.”
Likes: PINK, seriously. Pink is her life. And hearts...and pink hearts. Especially pink hearts. Her room is so pink you might go blind. Oh, and glitter. She also doesn't really mind being a vampire, in fact she actually enjoys it sometimes. Games, and blood. And music. Frilly skirts.
Dislikes: Creeps (bad creepy, not good creepy), sunlight.

Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1eQLw0Nwto

Well, guess I'm not the only vampire. Whoops.
Last edited by Dragonarya on Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:06 am

Nuridia wrote:Got this bio up, Faal.

It is acceptable. but please add it to your original app post as that is the one I will link to in the roster
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:07 am

The Assorted Saharan Outposts wrote:...so, I'm pretty sure I have to ask before I use a certain species, so I have a quick question regarding my next character, as I'm probably only going to make two, maybe three if we need someone to fill in one last spot.
Are harpies fair game? I kinda want to make a harpy. If not, then I will look for something else. Just curious because I kind of wanted to go for something a bit stranger than normal.

I'll let you make an app, and we'll see from there
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Estonian Republic of Uzumakistan
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Estonian Republic of Uzumakistan » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:08 am

Tag.

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:53 am

Charlia wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
I forget if I have mentioned this before... I'll continue on with the process, though.

Have you gotten to basic nouns or still learning sentences structure and writing and such?
Actually, the lesson plan I'm using has me learning nouns first. I had to find something else to teach me how to work with sentence structure, when I had to translate something fast. It was actually very helpful.

Ah, interesting.

I’m gonna assume that since it hasn’t clicked yet, you either haven’t learned the word or you just don’t get what I’m leading up to.

Shi means death in Japanese.

As I mentioned before, I forget whether or not I mentioned this...
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:05 am

Charlia wrote:Actually, the lesson plan I'm using has me learning nouns first. I had to find something else to teach me how to work with sentence structure, when I had to translate something fast. It was actually very helpful.

Ah, interesting.

I’m gonna assume that since it hasn’t clicked yet, you either haven’t learned the word or you just don’t get what I’m leading up to.

I know that. I've known that for ages. Ironically enough, the number four can also be pronounced as 'shi', leading to it being considered an unlucky number in Japan.

You'll note that when you mentioned bringing him back, I replied by saying 'Shi' exactly four times. :p

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:15 am

Charlia wrote:
Ah, interesting.

I know that. I've known that for ages. Ironically enough, the number four can also be pronounced as 'shi', leading to it being considered an unlucky number in Japan.

You'll note that when you mentioned bringing him back, I replied by saying 'Shi' exactly four times. :p

Then my horrible attempt to lead you on was just horrible. Is fine, my fault.

I can't read.

Nor count.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 11:16 am

Charlia wrote:I know that. I've known that for ages. Ironically enough, the number four can also be pronounced as 'shi', leading to it being considered an unlucky number in Japan.

Then my horrible attempt to lead you on was just horrible. Is fine, my fault.

I can't read.

Nor count.
It's fine. We all have our moments. Goodness knows I have plenty of them myself. :p

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:27 pm

At some point of this RP, I will definitely drug Aishi.
Let's see how she is personality wise to determine what kind of drugs to give her. :D
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:At some point of this RP, I will definitely drug Aishi.
Let's see how she is personality wise to determine what kind of drugs to give her. :D
That'll be fun. :twisted:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 12:57 pm

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:At some point of this RP, I will definitely drug Aishi.
That'll be fun. :twisted:

Forcibly make them all happy. :twisted:

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:02 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Charlia wrote:That'll be fun. :twisted:

Forcibly make them all happy. :twisted:
But Aishi is a very happy person.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:21 pm

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Forcibly make them all happy. :twisted:
But Aishi is a very happy person.

Oh.
Then force the pain upon her! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:24 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:
Charlia wrote:But Aishi is a very happy person.

Oh.
Been there, done that. Got anything she doesn't already know?

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:36 pm

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Oh.

LSD is pretty unknown every time you take it...

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:38 pm

Charlia wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Oh.

Gotta look through my arsenal but I'm sure Antonia will have a drug to make her permadepressed. All in ze name of glorijuus science!!! Human test subjects are just so much better.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Wed Dec 20, 2017 1:54 pm

Okay, character app! I know this one's kinda...weird, so sorry about that.

Character App

Name: Ebony/Ebheld'zhonii

Race: Human/Fragment

Sex: Female/Unknown

Sexual Orientation: Pansexual/Unknown

Bio: There are two threads to this story, which tie together to make the girl known as Ebheld'zhoni'i, or Ebony. One includes a creature of the Beyond, its unwanted arrival in this world and its fragmentation. The other thread includes a teenaged girl.

We start with that thread.

The girl who would eventually be known as Ebony was originally known as Elizabeth, and was a normal girl. She lived, she loved, she lost, but most of all she learned. She read, and she watched, and she thought and she sharpened the edge of her mind against the whetstone of her own insatiable curiosity. The world she lived in was one of constant wonder, even as she grew beyond the simple gawking of youth. She would delve into the layers of the universe one at a time, prising them apart and plunging ever onwards in her quest to understand yet more of the world around her.

Of the things she learned, however, people were not the first in her mind. She could grasp their most basic nuances, learn the magic words to ghost through conversations, but they were never her aim in life. She remained isolated in her own mind, racing away from the people around her to chase the ever-elusive rabbit down its hole. Her parents despaired at her, her friends worried for her and she paid none of them any heed, for she was lost in her own wonderland and it was wonderful.

But there is always the supernatural lurking beneath the real world, the shadow cast from the light of wonder, and the shadows were closing on her wonderland. Over the course of two months, her family simply disappeared, one by one, without warning, and left her alone in the world before she, too, was kidnapped and brought to the same place as the rest of her family: the sacred site of a cult to the Beyond. And it is here that the two threads begin to cross, for the girl called Elizabeth would have been the first of her family sacrificed to bring the cult into power, calling forth and binding a creature of the Beyond to the will of the cult.

That was the theory, anyway. In practice, of course, the IMOSA brought the whole ritual crashing down before it was even halfway done, tearing the creature into pieces as it desperately tried to manifest into the world. A web of sorcerous fire constrained it, bound it in place as they murdered it in increments. The creature faltered, floundered and, eventually, fragmented, each portion trying to find shelter, to outrun its pursuers to find succour and survive in this world. All but one failed: the last one took up residence in the one place the IMOSA would not follow.

It entered the body of the girl who had been sacrificed to its name.

And so the girl named Elizabeth became the girl named Ebony, her mind, soul and body merged with that of the creature she had died to summon. But while the cast of their minds were taken, when they emerged into the world their minds were near-empty. Devoid of the vast majority of knowledge both entities had accrued over their lives, the girl which the IMOSA took into custody was a blank slate: a new beginning. And so, there was only one option available to them: send her to a place where they could keep an eye on her, terminate her if necessary. A place where she could be happy and peaceful if that was needed.

They sent her to Petwora.

Appearance:

Magic Art: The Arts Beyond - the same arts which brought Ebony into being. Wielded by creatures from the Beyond, the Arts Beyond are considered to be related to the Altering Arts, for they change the natural to be unnatural. Flesh may melt into stone, eyes blinking open across the rock, or natural flesh becomes twisted and contorted, or air becomes as glass while inches may stretch into miles and geometry loops into itself. Whatever their effect, the Arts Beyond are difficult to unleash and even harder to control, and even the most practised and powerful of their users would hesitate to rely on their magic more than once or twice an hour.

Magic Specifics: Ebony is unskilled with the use of her Arts, and even a single serious usage of her Arts can leave her exhausted for a day, but she has still shown a consistent ability to effect objects the size of a matchbox without undue exertion, and she can briefly effect a five-foot sphere around her at her best. She is best practised with the transfiguration of inanimate objects into twisted flesh, though she is capable of creating impossible geometries. She has only twisted flesh once: whenever given the opportunity since, she has never chosen to do so.

Other Abilities: Ebony has a few abilities owing to her nature, though she enjoys using none of them. She has some small shape-changing ability, which primarily tends towards eyes, tentacles and overly-fanged maws, a massive capacity for regeneration and the strength and speed - if not stamina - to go toe-to-toe with some mid-tier threats of the night for a few moments. Had she the training, Ebony might be a formidable opponent hand-to-hand, but as it is, she is dangerous but unskilled - a combination not likely to engender her to any of her fellow students.

Weapon: None

RP Sample: Y'all know me. Right? I haven't been gone that long, have I?

Did you read the Rules? Yeeeeeees...yes. That is a thing I have done.

Optional Stuff:

Personality: Ebony is, in many ways, still a child. She has very few memories, very little experience with people and a very malleable personality - at that bizarre crossroads of blunt and naive which most children reach, but also mimicking the mannerisms of those around her unconsciously. This can often lead her into trouble, and she isn't helped by her vast and often overwhelming curiosity. More often than not, even when warned against it, she is perfectly willing to make friends with total strangers, if only to see what will happen when she does. Eventually, it will not end well for her.

Likes: Friends, people in small quantities, tea, chocolate, bananas.

Dislikes: Mean people, crowds, loud noises, fighting

Alignment: True Neutral, for now.

Theme Song: Creeping In My Soul - Cryoshell
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

Organization 13
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 11, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Organization 13 » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:04 pm

Hey, hoping to get involved in NS RP for the first time (previous attempt ran into irl conflicts).
Was wondering if there is a list of supernatural races? I looked for one, but couldn't figure out if one of the lists from the OP was a list of races or not.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Organization 13 wrote:Hey, hoping to get involved in NS RP for the first time (previous attempt ran into irl conflicts).
Was wondering if there is a list of supernatural races? I looked for one, but couldn't figure out if one of the lists from the OP was a list of races or not.

Just make an app, describe your race and the OP will tell you if it's fine or not.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:08 pm

Organization 13 wrote:Hey, hoping to get involved in NS RP for the first time (previous attempt ran into irl conflicts).

What lost are you referring to?
There's not an official list, though, no.
You may have to ask first, but generally I think it'd be make an app and then you can talk to the OP
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Dragonarya
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Dragonarya » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:20 pm

Dragonarya wrote:Character App
Name: Dawn Mirkwood
Age: Physically 15. Really, she's forgotten so she just says "older than you" when asked.
Race: Vampire
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Bio: Dawn was born in London, a human at first. She was very curious of the world around her. At nine, she was exploring Dark alleyways and came across a vampire, and you can figure out the rest. After that her family sent her to the academies, not wanting to deal with a vampire daughter. For her safety, she was told to act human, but she was always the troublemaker and didn't listen. Due to her scheming she was sent to Petwora. She's been here for a decade or so, and is still up to no good.
Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Vampire
Magic Specifics: Can turn into a bat or mist, can control mist, teleport short distances, can't die by age. Also feeds off of blood, and gets stronger and more powerful when fed recently.
Other Abilities: Has more strength than most, as well as speed. Can die by fire, sunlight, holy items, a stake through the heart, and garlic.
Weapon(s): N/A

RP Sample: See signature
Did you read the Rules? Yes

Optional Stuff:
Personality:

Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Theme Song: Immortals - Fall Out Boy

Finished
Last edited by Dragonarya on Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Remember the Animal Kingdom...
Proud member of Arcane Roleplayers Anonymous
GOD'S NOT DEAD

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Dec 20, 2017 4:44 pm

Hello guys.

Might bring the vampire i made for a new dawn, into this, or might make a different character.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:13 pm

Character App
Name: Alex Megalos
Race: Harpy
Sex: female
Sexual Orientation: straight as a ruler. ...those can bend sometimes but whatever.
Bio: Alex's family came from the island of Crete. They were often known to mess around with the general populace around the island, wrecking havoc in a small radius around the ports of the island of Crete. They never actually killed anyone or anything. It was more like they stole whatever they thought was shiny. Their family was extremely simple minded with the fact that if something was shiny then they wanted it. They stole a lot of things throughout their time there. They were a nuisance, and many a rumor spread about the harpies that would steal from sailors returning home after long months at sea.
When people were finally fed up with the menace that was on the island of Crete, a few Greek soldiers had been sent to monitor the island and keep an eye out for these thieves. Either capture them or shoot them. Whichever one was most convenient. When Alex's family went in for her rounds, they were...fed a couple of rounds, if you know what I mean. Two of them died from gun wounds, and Alex was captured by the Greek soldiers. They put her in a cage and they went to ship her to the mainland, to study her and see what exactly she was.
The harpy, once they made it to mainland Greece, had escaped her captivity and ran into the wild. Alex was then left to wreck havoc around the Greek countryside, having no family or anyone else to guide he after a long time living there, she was picking up on other languages. Greek, Albanian and a bit of English when she heard it. The story of a harpy wrecking havoc along the Greek and Albanian countryside had gotten the attention of some international media sources. Eventually, she was found once more and captured, this time by IMOSA. When they got to her, she was starving due to a rotten luck streak while out hunting. She barely put up a fight. After a bit of debating, and realizing she was capable of learning, they sent her to Petwora.
Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Uh...doesn't really know magic. Kinda like a werewolf?
Magic Specifics: I'd assume no magic. Sorry.
Other Abilities: She has a sort of Harpy physiology, in that she has talons and wings on her arms. She can harden her wings to use them as a sort of shield, and she can fly really fast, and she's very skilled at it. If she flaps her wings hard enough and fast enough, it can lead to some very powerful gusts of wind. Oh, also she's got sharp teeth. Definitely a carnivore.
Weapon(s): talons, mostly. Doesn't have use for many other weapons. On ocassion, she'll pick up a random weapon on the battlefield and try to use that. She's not the best with normal weapons, but she's trying. She mostly sticks to her talons and fangs, however.

RP Sample: I have supplied one already
Did you read the Rules? yup

Optional Stuff:
Personality: very simple minded, and not the brightest, but she can learn.

Alignment: chaotic neutral
Theme Song:
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:07 pm

Character App
Name: Aoife Ní Dhiarmada
Race: Human
Sexual Orientation: Pansexual
Bio: Aoife is the eldest scion of the Dhiarmada family, a family of Irish mages specialised in the use of Runic Alteration Magic that claim descent from Diarmund Ua Duibhne and Gráinne from the Fenian Cycle of Irish mythology, although several of the runes they know of are suspected to originate from the Ulster Cycle and were brought in from other Irish Runic families that married into them.

Irish magecraft, in some ways mirrors the divide of Ireland; the majority of Irish mages, including the Maolmhaghna Clan, the most powerful Druidic family, are from ancient Druidic families, with a minority instead favouring the use of Runic Alteration or other Magical Arts. Neither side is fond of the other, as the non-Druids consider the Druids to be primitive while the Druids consider the non-Druids to be misguided, as many of the more notable non-Druidic families can trace their descent back to formerly Druidic families that chose Runes over the Druidic arts as the decline of the magical affinity of humanity forced them to narrow their teachings, like the Dhiarmadas.

Aoife grew up at her family's estate in County Donegal, Ireland. She never excelled at school, being more keen on learning her family's magecraft and how to fight with the spears and swords that were her birthright as the eldest child of the Dhiarmada than in studying more mundane things with the notable exceptions of literature and history. Equally, pressure from her family meant that she never failed either, so she was decidedly average across all subjects except literature and history, which she did well in although she did not excel, and sports which she excelled in primarily due to her family's physical training with blunted weapons.

Although she would have preferred to go to one of the Magical Academies at the age of 14, and the much closer to home Naliara at that; her parents, however, insisted that she finish her mundane schooling first, so she did. She applied to Naliara but was declined for some reason or another, they refused to elaborate. Slightly desperate, she then applied to Petwora, the next closest (although still extremely far away) academy, and much to her relief, was admitted.

Appearance:

Magic Art(s): Alteration Arts
Magic Specifics: Aoife's form of magic is her Alteration Arts, although they are limited solely to the use of Ancient Irish runes. She sews into her clothes or paints the runes onto whatever they are being applied to, allowing her to boost her stamina, strength and speed, ten different runes to reinforce and harden objects and absorb impacts, a rune that transmutes whatever it is on into iron for as long as it is active, a rune that gives an object magnetic properties, a rune that alters weight and a rune that allows her to alter the temperature of whatever it is placed on. More precise and detailed effects, or stronger effects, require the addition of more runes. Her runes require the name of the rune to be spoken to activate the effects of the inscribed rune, after which the effects will last until the rune runs out of magical energy and needs to recharge. Strings of runes last until any one rune runs out.
Other Abilities: Aoife is trained in fighting with both a pair of spears and a pair of swords, although she is more experienced with the former. She can also speak and write fluent Irish Gaelic, both in Ogham (Irish runes) and in Latin script.
Weapon(s): Aoife carries a pair of spears which her family claims are the spears Gáe Buidhe and Gáe Dearg wielded by Diarmund Ua Duibhne and are held by the heir of the Dhiarmada family, while his swords are held by the head. Whether they are or not has yet to be proven, as neither the spears or swords have shown any of the magical properties the weapons were claimed to have in myth, but equally they stubbornly refuse to have runic effects applied to them although that could be down to using the wrong paint or the shape of the spears distorting the rune. They also claim to have the Dord Fiann, the hunting horn of the mythical Fianna, although Aoife has never seen it anywhere in her family's estate.

RP Sample: I hope you remember me.
Did you read the Rules? Yup.

Optional Stuff:
Personality: Aoife is loud and boisterous, having tried to model herself on the Irish heroes of legend and succeeded to some degree; showing off whenever presented the chance, never giving up a chance to one-up someone, magnanimous in defeat provided it wasn't by some underhanded means. Unfortunately for this self-image, she also takes pleasure in poking at people's weaknesses, their flaws, whenever she can learn of them due to a sadistic streak that enjoys having power over others, especially when they become crying wrecks. She knows she shouldn't enjoy it, but she does, so what is she to do about it?
Likes: Gossip, chances to show off, tea, picking people apart.
Dislikes: Very few things, actually. Druids, sneaky people, coffee, the overly religious.

Alignment: Chaotic Good/Neutral
Theme Song: Here.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Thu Dec 21, 2017 11:23 am, edited 7 times in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 20, 2017 7:23 pm

Lunas, human = one magic art.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse