NATION

PASSWORD

Depths of Space:Galaxy Reborn (FT/Open/OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Darksworth
Envoy

Founded: Nov 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:19 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Darksworth wrote:.
Edited;

(Hopefully) Fixed the military pop. count and added more details in the "History" section.

So, though the app is nice, I like seeing races that do not confirm to the norm, but, the major prolem is your numbers. The Enslaved races would still count towards your total population, which cannot exceed 1 Trillion.

Likewise your Military, is limited to 3% of your total population, which would be a few tens of billions, not over a trillion as you currently have it. Additionally, though your the main species does not take a major role in combat, you should still probably detail their troops a bit. Also, perhaps, specify what of your Space ships equate to which class/role/type of ship.

I think what was wanted, for your history, was just more details. Originally it read a bit like a flavor-texty summary, rather than the history that was wanted, it is certainly better now.

I am not the OP, or a Co-OP, but what i said, should be ok to take into account.

Yeah, I got you fam

Fixed the military pop. count

As for detailing the ground troops, the Vor'Saktenus only infantry unit/division composing of themselves is the common Vorus Soldier equipped with only either of the two standard infantry weapons listed in the app. Very rarely deployed and are only used as a direct-assessment type of deal for the Grand Conscious to analyze the battle. The thing is very simple and I didn't feel like I need to clog up the App more with that kind of non-intricate infantry. I do have plans to add in alien tanks and armored divisions piloted directly by the Vor-Saktenus if I have the time and imagination.

Now, for the ship-class specifications jumble. I made this spacecrafts to not be standard-base military weapons of enormous sizes but instead are just research, experimentation-purposed and deep-space exploration mega-structures that moves. They do have some heavy-grade weapons that slightly defines them but not anything worth mentioning. Classifying them using the Human/Terran standards of ship-specifications is like, trying to fit the apple in the Animal kingdom.

Sorry for such the flavour-texty and short history, I plan to expand on it by having people RP on trying to actually know them. Also, because I wasn't in the mood to form an alien-esque historically-complex civilization from scratch during the time. I'll see if I can expand on it in my free time.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Technology Level: Tier 4-5: PT/MT
Arcane Level: Level 0-Inept
Influence Type: Type 6-Planetary Politician
Based on this Index
---
Tier: Tier 5
Type: Type IV
Government Size: Superpower
Based on this Index

*Consult me for NS stats via TG*
Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:34 pm

Darksworth wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:
So, though the app is nice, I like seeing races that do not confirm to the norm, but, the major prolem is your numbers. The Enslaved races would still count towards your total population, which cannot exceed 1 Trillion.

Likewise your Military, is limited to 3% of your total population, which would be a few tens of billions, not over a trillion as you currently have it. Additionally, though your the main species does not take a major role in combat, you should still probably detail their troops a bit. Also, perhaps, specify what of your Space ships equate to which class/role/type of ship.

I think what was wanted, for your history, was just more details. Originally it read a bit like a flavor-texty summary, rather than the history that was wanted, it is certainly better now.

I am not the OP, or a Co-OP, but what i said, should be ok to take into account.

Yeah, I got you fam

As for detailing the ground troops, the Vor'Saktenus only infantry unit/division composing of themselves is the common Vorus Soldier equipped with only either of the two standard infantry weapons listed in the app. Very rarely deployed and are only used as a direct-assessment type of deal for the Grand Conscious to analyze the battle. The thing is very simple and I didn't feel like I need to clog up the App more with that kind of non-intricate infantry. I do have plans to add in alien tanks and armored divisions piloted directly by the Vor-Saktenus if I have the time and imagination.

Now, for the ship-class specifications jumble. I made this spacecrafts to not be standard-base military weapons of enormous sizes but instead are just research, experimentation-purposed and deep-space exploration mega-structures that moves. They do have some heavy-grade weapons that slightly defines them but not anything worth mentioning. Classifying them using the Human/Terran standards of ship-specifications is like, trying to fit the apple in the Animal kingdom.

Sorry for such the flavour-texty and short history, I plan to expand on it by having people RP on trying to actually know them. Also, because I wasn't in the mood to form an alien-esque historically-complex civilization from scratch during the time. I'll see if I can expand on it in my free time.

The Ship classification thing, was only because, listed in the OP, there are size limits for the different types of ships and their equivalents, so that someone doesnt pull a thousand km super colossal planet obliterating epic dreadnought out of nowhere that grossly outclasses anything anyone else has Ic'ly.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:39 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Darksworth wrote:
Yeah, I got you fam

The Ship classification thing, was only because, listed in the OP, there are size limits for the different types of ships and their equivalents, so that someone doesnt pull a thousand km super colossal planet obliterating epic dreadnought out of nowhere that grossly outclasses anything anyone else has Ic'ly.

Yep, I know. There are ship sizes in M and Km measure based on the OP-posted rules above a short description that defines said spacecrafts.
The Commonwealth of Darksworth is a pseudo-steampunk space-faring civilization. With their technology having been acquired by invading a far greater civilization. Due to this peculiar situation, their tech is a mix between pre-industrialized and late-space age.
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

Working as a Concept Artist, drawing mainly monsters, creatures and maps. Currently living somewhere in Southeast Asia or Oceania, take a guess.
---
In terms of my political stance, I'm Far/Alt-Right. That's legit, I could be categorized as a Technocratic Fascist.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:42 pm

Darksworth wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

Yep, I know. There are ship sizes in M and Km measure based on the OP-posted rules above a short description that defines said spacecrafts.

I will be doing something similar, and just describe them IC'ly, since the NAh'ni, my people, are a far cry from Terran and most humanoid races, which is why I will just say, the Nah'ni vessel, is the rough equivalent to so and so class of Terran vessels, etc.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:49 pm

Not the final update, still WIP

NS Name: Turmenista
Nation Name: The Freelands
Flag: Pleasuredome Station Flag
Capital: Pleasuredome Station, Advent System (de facto)

Population Size:: 150 Billion
Primary species: Human (100%)
Nation History:
At the dawn of an era of rapid human expansion, an organization that would later become known as the "Interstellar Initiative" was formed in 2109 in light of recent UN reforms and minor Earth conflicts, both of which had taken a vast toll on the global economy for a brief moment. Thus, serious action had to be taken to help the economy, which led to the creation of the ISI that quickly expanded out of it's home world and elsewhere into the solar system. The ISI, as a private venture, guided the population of an overpopulated Earth to the stars, helping the already existing UN Initiative in establishing colonies far and wide in the Sagittarius Arm and other areas they could reach outside of the Sol System.

This period of vast and rapid interstellar travel came to an abrupt crash in 2359, when an organization known as the National Secessionist Front, a syndicalist rebellion centered in the Asimov System of the Sagittarius Arm, declared unilateral independence from the ISI's Colonial Authority, transforming formerly peaceful trade hubs and worlds into bloody warzones almost instantly. The ISI, set back by several economic busts and crashes in previous years, had already begun to steadily lose power over their frontier possessions due to their vast distance from friendly systems and constant pirate harassment; a weakness which the NSF actively used in order to to back their rebellion in dismantling the ISI. Using the ongoing to their advantage, several pirate groups and alien warbands bent on destroying the already capitulating ISI also made their moves, striking the weakened ISI on an almost daily basis. Now beset at all sides by secessionists and enemies, the ISI, on the verge of bankruptcy, grew increasingly reliant on vast megacorporations to continue the flow of resources through its holdings, while more and more of their own citizens were being either culled by pirates and marauding aliens or defecting to the NSF.

The so-called "War for the Annihilation of the ISI" continued until 2360, when the ISI itself, ultimately unable to contain the National Secessionist Front and other marauders, utterly imploded, in an action completely unknown to Earth or essentially any other major galactic power, all thanks to the lack of communication outwards. Before it could take the reins of the Sagittarius Sector, however, the NSF also capitulated and lost power, stricken with internal coups and other revolutions almost instantly after it had assumed power in the region. The void in authority was often fought over by pirates and mining guilds alike, but unknown to them, the sudden power vacuum had led to the creation of another beast, which would ultimately assert its dominance over the Sagittarius sector the ISI formerly owned.

This powerhouse, located in the central regions of the ISI's former Sagittarius Sector, would later become known as the Freelands. It had inadvertently formed when the ISI completely lost all authority and influence over its trade centers, leaving the area ripe to become a chaotic ochlocracy with the already high amount of existing crime syndicates. Strangely, however, this did not happen. In fact, nobody even bothered to take power in the Freelands when the ISI went kaboom. By default a stateless, anarcho-capitalist society, the lack of law and order in the Freelands had quickly transformed its worlds and stations into trade hubs of unprecedented size after disregarding the restrictions put in place by the ISI, whilst loosely-united coalitions of megacorporations and pirates alike attempted their hardest to maintain relative order in the area. despite their differences.

The Freelands was, essentially, founded and funded by three massive megacorporations. The first was the gigantic United Interspace Corporation: A private and much more successful spin-off venture of the original ISI tasked with charting and settling the southern reaches of the Sagittarius Arm, the UIC soon became the prime source for the Freeland's Mercenary Forces and naval strength due to its massive industrial output and equally as large population. The second was Savant Bioelectronics, a shady, technologically-advanced megacorporation specializing in the production of androids and cybernetics for various purposes - be it for work, combat or sex. With the advent of the ISI's collapse creating a power vacuum, Savant Bioelectronics quickly stepped in and became the Freeland's prime producer of combat androids, serving as replacements for the steadily waning human manpower of the UIC. Concurrently, it contributed to a huge sector of the Freeland's already massive robot production department, and is arguably considered the dominant of the other two megacorporations, responsible for the technological advancements seen in the Freelands today. The third and final megacorporation was the corrupt United Mining Conglomerate, the amalgamation of several mining guilds which presided over the resource-rich Einstein system in the western fringes of the Sagittarius Sector. Formerly operating for the ISI, the UMC found itself working on a joint UIC and Savant payroll, which indirectly led to its frighteningly rapid growth in power and clout, and current monopoly on mining operations within the Freelands. Despite its low pay and highly unsafe work conditions of its many mines in the Einstein System, it still maintained a massive workforce due to its contracts - which entrap entire families to labor in the service of the UMC.

Each of the three megacorporations contributed to the construction of Pleasuredome Station, a near planetoid-sized space station acting as the de facto capital and largest trading hub of the Freelands. With the three companies backing its survival, the Freelands quickly became a haven for anything illicit in the galaxy - human trafficking, alien trafficking, weapons smuggling, drug smuggling - if it had a price tag on it and could theoretically be bought and sold, one could probably find it in the Freelands. As of 2599, the Freelands had become a major economic and trading powerhouse, and contributed to a large number of mercenaries and hired assassins seen elsewhere in the galaxy. To quote an outsider, it was where no sane person would ever dare to go, unless they wished become entangled in the web of its massive market, constant crime, sex trafficking, murder, prostitution, and many more heinous crimes, all possible from indulging in the galaxy's stellar hell.

Military Size: 150,000,000
Military Tech (Including composition as well at the end as ORBAT):
  • GROUND-BASED
    • Mass Drivers
    • Pulse Rifles
    • Plasma-based melee weapons
    • Railguns/Gauss weaponry
    • Night Vision
    • Laser-based weaponry/countermeasures
    • Infantry Shielding; Recharging
    • Vehicle Shielding; Recharging
    • Cybernetic Enhancements
    • Mechas/Walkers
    • Bio-mechanical augmentations (infantry + medical)
    • Cloaking Technology
    • Autonomous Android Infantry
    • Autonomous Vehicles
    • Infantry-based Neurally Integrated Power Armor
    • Nanotechnology
    • Holograms
    • Heads up Displays (HUD)
    • Bioelectronics Technology
    • Deuterium fusion reactors
    • Tokamak Reactors
    • Thermonuclear Weaponry
    • Anti-orbital weaponry
    • Ship Beaming Technology (Think star trek beaming, but only human-sized things)
  • ORBITAL TECHNOLOGY
    • Anti-FTL Gravity Well Projection
    • Tractor Beam Projectors
    • Magnetic Assault Cannons
    • Railguns/Gauss Guns
    • Titanium-A/Tungsten Hull Plating
    • Energy Shielding (Recharging)
    • Autonomous Strike Craft
    • Deuterium fusion reactors
    • Tokamak Reactors
    • Nuclear Impulse Engines
    • FTL Warp Drives
    • Homing Mines (nuclear and conventional)
    • Artificial Intelligence (both smart and dumb)
    • Ship & Station based artificial gravity
    • Ship Beaming Technology (Think star trek beaming, but only human-sized things)
    • Etc

Standard Weaponry:
    INFANTRY WEAPONS
  • ZM6A1 Pulse Rifle & Variants:
    • ZM6A1-C - Carbine
    • ZM6A2 - Mounted Grenade Launcher
    • ZM6A1-SW - LMG
    • ZM6A1-M - Marksman Rifle
  • Cobra Rail Accelerated Weapon (RAW)

GROUND VEHICLE/MECH WEAPONS
  • T1 Railgun, Heavy Variant (Tanks and walkers)
  • HELLION-class Dual-purpose Missiles
  • ASRAM missiles
  • ZM86 HMG
  • GAU-180 Abrogator Rotary Autocannon
  • Mk.1 Galilean/Nonlinear Heavy Lasers

SPACE/AIR VEHICLES
  • T2 Railgun, Super Heavy variant
  • T3 Gauss Autocannons
  • MACER-class Guided Torpedoes
  • ASRAM missiles
  • MORAY-class Homing Mines
  • ONAGER-class Guided Bombs
  • Tactical Nukes (Mines and missiles)
  • Mk.1 Galilean/Nonlinear Heavy Lasers
  • Mk.2 Angel Laser CIWS
  • M2551 MAC Cannon

Soldier Appearance:
Savant Bioelectronics RAIDER-class Combat Androids
  • Role: General-purpose android infantry
  • Manufacturer: Savant Bioelectronics
  • Armor Grade: Medium
  • Shielding Grade: Medium
  • Weaponry: ZM6A1 Pulse Rifles, "Sword Shields", Cobra RAWs, etc.
  • Description: The Freeland's combat strength infantry-wise primarily relies on paid mercenaries and hired contractors, but when manpower is limited or unavailable, or when particularly hostile situations arise, Savant Bioelectronics RAIDER series androids fill the gap. These robotic soldiers are the poster children of Savant Bioelectronics, which have been given the most advanced upgrades to their hardware and programming, and have been equipped with state of the art armor and weaponry. Given current resources and the use of artificial intelligence, the difference between man and machine are almost none with these androids. RAIDER droids are commonly deployed in small squads that actively share and analyze information of the situation, and are capable of fighting in areas which no ordinary human is capable of. The fact that they are mass-produced and linked together in combat means that these soldiers fit the balance of being cheap, reliable, and efficient. While private forces under the paycheck of smaller corporations in the Freelands also have their own human or robotic infantry forces, the fact remains that Savant's RAIDER androids have become nearly ubiquitous in the Freelands, with some filling the roles of assassins, bodyguards, and the occasional pilot. Additionally, some corporate heads and mercenaries have found that the RAIDER androids are capable of being directly controlled from a remote location, but this technology has not been tested properly yet.
  • Armor and Weapons: RAIDER androids are equipped with personal energy shielding, which breaks after receiving an adequate amount of damage, and automatically recharge when not in combat. In addition to ZM6A1 Pulse Rifles and/or Cobra RAWs, they also carry "Sword Shields", which emit a field of magnetically-shaped plasma capable of blocking incoming damage in a dome or front-facing shield, or narrowing into a blade. The armor itself is entirely modular and is capable of being modified for nearly any task, and is entirely vacuum-capable with small sets of maneuvering thrusters.

Standard Ship Appearance:
United Interspace Corporation Orion-class Merchant Trawler
  • Classification: Destroyer
  • Role: Escort, Ship-to-ship combat
  • Manufacturer: United Interspace Corporation
  • Length: 1.5k meters
  • Hull Grade: High
  • Shielding Grade: High
  • Maneuverability: Average
  • Propulsion: Nuclear Impulse Engines
  • FTL Drive: Warp Drives
  • Complement: Varies; Hangar room for 1 Salvage Corvette or 100 strike craft.
  • Armament:
    • M2551 Mass Accelerator Cannon (2)
    • T3 Gauss Point Defense Autocannons (30)
    • T2 Super Heavy Rail Turrets (20)
    • MACER Torpedo Tubes (4)
    • ASRAM Missile Pods (10)
    • Mk.1 Galilean/Nonlinear Heavy Laser Turrets (10)
    • Mk.2 Angel Laser CIWS System (10)
  • Noteworthy Systems:
    • Anti-FTL Gravity Well Projectors (1)
    • Tractor Beam Projectors (1)
    • Electronic Warfare Suite
    • Transporter Beaming Station (1)
    • Medium Hangar (1)

#DOSAPP (do not delete)
Last edited by Turmenista on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:07 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:15 pm

And my app is done as promised.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 07, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 10:54 pm

Turmenista wrote:
-snip-

The history is still a work in progress, right?
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:00 pm

Tagali, when will the IC be set up? I want to know so that way I can prepare for the upcoming fun accordingly.
I’m the Republic of Kraicia, a theocratic Caucasus-based country. I also roleplay as Kraicia, an equally theocratic, albeit Future Tech, nation. I do not represent the Orthodox Church or any form of Caucasus nationalism.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:02 pm

Kraicia wrote:Tagali, when will the IC be set up? I want to know so that way I can prepare for the upcoming fun accordingly.

I'm looking at Thursday or Friday.
[spoiler=Nation Info]The Tagali Federation- An FT Nation made up of dozens of species.

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
Kraicia wrote:Tagali, when will the IC be set up? I want to know so that way I can prepare for the upcoming fun accordingly.

I'm looking at Thursday or Friday.

Oh that's not bad - that will be around the time that I finished my first wave of finals.
Last edited by Kraicia on Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I’m the Republic of Kraicia, a theocratic Caucasus-based country. I also roleplay as Kraicia, an equally theocratic, albeit Future Tech, nation. I do not represent the Orthodox Church or any form of Caucasus nationalism.

Higher Japan
Senator

Founded: Oct 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:06 pm

This worries me.

Also, when would be a good time to start an alien crusade against humanity?
We don't use NS stats
A -0 civilization, according to this index.
Mod warning counter:
Unofficial: 1
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:08 pm

Higher Japan wrote:

This worries me.

Probably when they pull some "Imperium of Man" jinkies

FOR THE EMPEROR
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

---

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 pm

Higher Japan wrote:

This worries me.

We got like 4 swarm races/societies using swarm tactics, I think humanity would be on the losing end.

Darksworth wrote:
Higher Japan wrote:
This worries me.

FOR THE EMPEROR

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR SKULL THRONE

WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!
*Cue Applicable Tyranid Warcry*

Kraicia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kraicia » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:27 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Higher Japan wrote:
This worries me.

We got like 4 swarm races/societies using swarm tactics, I think humanity would be on the losing end.

Darksworth wrote:

FOR THE EMPEROR

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR SKULL THRONE

WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

What is this I see? A crusade against the humans? UNACCEPTABLE! When I get to you, I shall punch you all into the void!

*BRUTE ROAR*

(P.S. I'm 'brute-nation' by the way.)

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:30 pm

Kraicia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD
SKULLS FOR SKULL THRONE

WAAAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!

What is this I see? A crusade against the humans? UNACCEPTABLE! When I get to you, I shall punch you all into the void!

*BRUTE ROAR*

(P.S. I'm 'brute-nation' by the way.)

FOR THE GREATER GOOD, DEUS VULT HEATHENS.
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:
NOTICE: As of 14/10, the empress has officially been granted greater control of the government, including military and financial sectors. That is all, have a good day.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:46 pm

Darksworth wrote:
Higher Japan wrote:
This worries me.

FOR THE EMPEROR

Eh, I'm not into the whole "purge the xenos" business. I prefer the Star Trek Federation/Mass Effect Council way of dealing with aliens.

Higher Japan
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Higher Japan » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:47 pm

Tagali Federation wrote:
Darksworth wrote:

FOR THE EMPEROR

Eh, I'm not into the whole "purge the xenos" business. I prefer the Star Trek Federation/Mass Effect Council way of dealing with aliens.

Don't worry, best case scenario humans are the lowest caste.
We don't use NS stats
Mod warning counter:

Darksworth
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Darksworth » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:37 am

Tagali Federation wrote:
Darksworth wrote:

FOR THE EMPEROR

Erm, sorry if I'm being impatient but am I accepted yet? I have changed the required fields and I believe I am grounds for qualification.
Based on this Index
---
Based on this Index

---

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:55 am

NS Name: Durmatagno
Nation Name: The Ashura Union
Flag: Here it Be
Capital: (City, Planet, System, District) Geode, Ashura, Erebus, District 001

Spent the years in a schism
To the battle we marched in the dawn
We were ready to die for our rulers
On the fields of Ashura

Fire at will
Aim for their cannons
Counter attack
Thunder of guns

The Gods are with us
As we all stand united
All together the Gods are with us

From the old world's demise
See an empire rise
Into the stars reaching far
Here we are

After forty-seven years
We filled their hearts with fear
Seven times they attacked on that day
Seven times they retreated

Everyone charge
Follow the banner
After the false king
Freedom we bring

The Gods are with us
As we all stand united

See an empire rise
Here we are

Breaking their lines
Thousands of soldiers
Run for their lives
A new Legend arise

The Gods are with us
As we all stand united
The Gods are with us
As we all stand united

See an empire rise
Here we are
Here we are

Official Anthem of the Ashura Union, Composed fifteen years after the end of the Erebus Wars

The Erebus System has a single star slightly larger than Sol, around which orbits 11 planets. The Erebus System is close to a green nebula which dominates the night sky, and the view from the space between worlds on part of the system.

Marginon is a small rocky world (Mercury sized) that races around Erebus and is tidally locked. Is notable for unusual levels of aluminium, and some specialized mining operations can be found here.

Arga is a broken planet (Slowly recoalescing, around the size of Venus only a short (stellar) distance from Marginon. Recovering from an impact with a captured rogue planet some 20 million years ago, it's orbit is still littered with debris, mostly lighter materials at this point, and has is a site of high traffic from miners exploiting the large amount of of exposed resources.

Ermor is a large super earth around eight times larger than Earth, and is choked by a Venusian atmosphere. Due to the high atmospheric pressure and hellish conditions, including a runaway greenhouse effect, the planet is nearly entirely unexplored, but one of the only known probes to survive long enough to give images of the surface shows what appears to be the remains of some sort of metropolis dated to be 12,000 years older than the earliest known writings of either species of the Union.

Arnus is a class II (Sudarsky's classification of gas giants ) gas giant around 36% larger than Jupiter, around which numerous moons (65, including Ashura) and a ring system around 40% smaller than Saturns orbit. Due to this Ashura is notable for having two different seasonal calender's (Translated to human, it'd be Summer-Spring, Summer-Summer, Summer-Autumn, Summer-Winter, Winter-Spring, Winter-Summer, Winter-Autumn, and Winter-Winter(The second is better known outside of the Union as an Eclipse year)) as due to the speed of Arnus's orbit around Erebus, and Ashura's orbit around Arnus creates a situation wear for one year (390 days) Ashura is always hidden behind Arnus, relying on Tidal heating and reflected light to stay warm and lite, creating year on year off cycles of a darker, colder year. Two other moons around Arnus contain life (Mostly simple, one had started to have land colonizing plants) that have been terraformed and colonized by the Union, leaving a fair mix between barren rocky world, more hot planets, and frozen iceballs.

Gorv - Ice giant with five moons (All frozen worlds)

Hirn - Ice Giant with 12 moons and a double ring system (One running from pole to pole, and the other closer in wrapped around the equator)

Tunad - Class V Gas Giant with 11 moons.

Hyde - Mars sized world that shares a stable orbit with Nunea, contained simple life millions of years ago, now lifeless after a gamma ray burst event.

Nunea - Mars sized world that has a abnormally strong Magnetic field but no atmosphere.

Grun - Venus sized world with a thin ammonia atmosphere, evidence indicates that it once orbited Tunad, it's a mystery as to how it got so far out.

Lonua - Earth sized ice ball with three moons, an ancient dreadnought of unknown origin has been located via probes three miles under the ice. Debates on whether or not to excavate still come up in the inner council.

Population size: (Limit 1 Trillion) 702 Billion
Primary species: Nearly Evenly split between the Anulin (300), and the Goipur (280), with the Vokvera new comers having established themselves (120)
themselves, and (2) A.I of varying levels of complexity.
Anulin: The mammalian Anulin hail from the equatorial continent of Ashura, one of the three (Two of which are Supercontinents, one at that is mostly cold, with the southern regions being temperate, and otherwise being vast expanses of freezing forests, plains, and mountains. The second is equatorial and ringed by temperate land, with thick jungles and one massive desert (Mountains separate the desert and jungle) at the center, and mountain ranges marking continent boundries). Finally at the very southern pole lays a small continent that is frozen with little to no life.) continents on Ashura. The Anulin are slightly sorter than humans (5'7" round the board) with dark grey, or black skin. Their eyes range mostly from Cyan to Purple, with some rare individuals having Amber (Historically a mark of nobility, now it is thought to bring luck and prosperity) or orange eyes. They have five fingers and a thumb (Matching feet) that have short, sharp claws mostly used for climbing that are red or purple in color. Anulin have thick powerful limbs, and strong hands that further identify them as being from the thick jungles at the center of the continent. Though they don't move very fast (Slightly slower than a human) they are known for their endurance, and need only 4-6 Earth hours of sleep (32 hour days on Ashura) per cycle. Their various senses are a 1-1 match for humanity, though they can see slightly higher into the lower end of the UV spectrum. The Anulin have a well deserved reputation for being patient, and have smooth, slightly androgynous (To human ears) voices. The final notable piece of information is that the blood of the Anulin smells absolutely foul when exposed to Oxygen.

Goipur: The mammalian Goipur hail from the colder northern continent of Ashura. They have light blue, white, or light grey skin. Their eyes are usually yellow, red, or amber, with Blue (Once a sign of nobility) and brown being rare exceptions. Tall (6'1" average), and lean, the Goipur are often thought to be weak, though have proved themselves to be the physical equals of normal humans. While they are hardy like their southern cousins (Not genetically, they stem from different lines and are about as closely related as a chimp is to a Capuchin) and sleep only slightly longer (5-7 hours), they don't have the same level of endurance (Though still comparable to humans, just slightly below human average), they are a fair bit faster, and can outrun most humans without pushing to hard (Around 25% faster than humans) and are well known for their reflexes, and eyesight. While most of their senses are comparable to a human, they have much better eyes (They have a sort of limited heat vision, though past around 50 meters it blurs together), able to see further, have good night vision, can see into the UV spectrum, and some notable members (Rare genetic top of the pile) can see nearly five times as far as other Goipur, who already have a large advantage over humans. That said, it can take them a bit longer to adjust to sudden changes in light levels, even if once adjusted they can see better. They have a reputation for being flighty, this stems from their penchant to jump from job to job and skill to skill, rarely settling into one permanent lifestyle.

Vokvera

The Vokvera have a very distinct appearance as compared to the Anulin, and Gopiur. Reminiscent of armored bats, and with habits to match, they are the first species granted full membership in the Union since it's foundation. Tall, and lean, the Vokvera are often said to be elegant, graceful creatures hiding behind the visage of monsters from the distant past. Predators by nature, and naturally nocturnal, the Vokvera are rightly compared to the bats, especially the vampire bat. They share many traits with the, large sensitive ears, wings, nocturnal nature, and a form of sonar. They are even known to feed on blood, though not exclusively, and have strict laws about blood needing to come from legal sources (Licensed hunted animals, or approved distributors/collectors/makers) and it is considered a high luxury to have access to real blood instead of the synthetic alternative that is found on Vokvera inhabited worlds. While not physically stronger than humans, the Vokvera are strong flyers, and a common tactic is to swoop down on, and grab prey before dropping them from two to three thousand feet for a near guaranteed kill. Vokvera can produce a anti-coagulant venom, and even their modern soldiers will coat their blades in it to increase the chances of killing any opponent they fight, even if they lose their lives first. While naturally nocturnal, they are found active at all times in modern day, and are not overly sensitive to light. Maximum unassisted flight speed averages around 20 mph (32 kph) but the fasted can go 30 mph (48 kph). They can fly up to ten thousand fleet, much like their Earth Cousins, but tend to stick to around five hundred. With modern armor, both speed and high can be doubled for the standard soldier, and some elites have it tripled. A fair warning to non-flying visitors to a Vokvera city, stairs, elevators, and simple walking paths are rare, though all buildings still have some for older or crippled Vokvera. Vokvera have a tough exoskeleton that can stop small arms fire (Up to about a modern .45 pistol), and reforms naturally over time. Vokvera lay eggs in clutches of 3-12 in public hatcheries, and rarely know their own parents before the age of six, when the communal nursing ends, and the children are finally accepted by their parents full time. Vokvera live to be around 115 without medical extensions, the oldest Vokvera current alive is 132.

Nation History:(2 paragraph minimum)

The Ashura Union was not born until around two hundred years after the Anulin and Goipur had achieved FTL for the first time. While their species had long intermingled, they still had numerous independent, non-cooperative nations. That was until the Erebus Wars. With colonies across the system, and lucrative mining coming in, the gap between countries left on Ashura was growing quickly. This quickly erupted in the first stellar war of the Union's history, split between four factions, each led by it's own superpower, the war raged for forty-seven years before a coup in the remaining powers was instituted by the council that would form the Ashura Union. Placing great emphasis on public work, the Ashura Union quickly formed a new government based on public service. If you did not meet certain requirements of service, you were denied the ability to work in the government, or vote for Outer Council members. The most common form of service used to acquire these rights (Among other, benefits, such as medical coverage, and free years of university) is military service, followed by bureaucratic work, and finally the STEM fields.

While it took three decades for the government to have full control of the system, it didn't take long after that for the newly formed stellar nation to turn it's eyes outwards to the surrounding reaches. Mass colonization begin, sparking an era that has only recently ended known as the First Great Expansion, leading the Union to encounter numerous minor species, pirates, slavers, and raiders in the great stellar expanse. Work began on the construction of a true navy, and soon the Union cemented itself as a major power in the region, and has begun to eye the other powers in the galaxy with suspicion, and work has begun to secure the borders with a new wave of border bases to monitor and guard the expanding borders of the union.

It has now been 300 years since the war ended, and the Union formed. In that time, the people have grown closer, and closer together, with language divides fading more and more with each passing year. With unity increasing steadily, and the divides of the past all but gone, the Union is also now turning it's eyes to adding new cultures or peoples to it's growing empire, and already has several strong candidates it is eyeing up.

Miltary size: (Due to the nature of it's government, the Union can mobilize a full 20,400,000,000 in emergencies as poorly equipped but skilled militia, but in practice the following is it's standing military) 12 billion active, 6 billion reserve.

Military Tech: The union is particularly notable for these three technologies

Non-FTL Engines
Ship Shields
Plasma Weaponry
Infantry Armor

But also has access to these

Hovercraft
Guass/Rail Weaponry
Power Armor (Battlesuits AKA Mecha is fairly rare in the Union, preferring to counter them with vehicles and anti-armor Infantry weapons)
Cloaking Technology (Very good, but also acts as shielding, in order for cloaked units or ships to attack, they must drop their shields and render themselves visible and vulnerable)
Sapient AI
Laser Weapons
Cybernetics
Fusion Energy
Scramblers (Indirect PD)
Drop Pods

Is also notable for lacking in
Direct Point Defense
Ship Armor
Infantry Shields
Military Genetic Engineering

Standard Weaponry:

Light Plasma Pistol/Carbine (Lower power output when broken down, increasing ammo at the cost of range and damage, often issued as a pistol with the barrel and stock/scope being attachments) Nimbus X1200

Caliban Mk. 4 Carbine (While it's above uses the equivalent of a pistol round even in it's carbine configuration, this automatic carbine is designed for urban combat, and retains the power of the Ashura B35 at the cost of range and accuarcy. This weapon has proven itself many time in ship raids and against terrorist cells.)

Heavy Gauss Pistol Stratus Mk 4

Plasma Assault Rifle Ashura B35

Plasma Battle Rifle Typhon N-3

Pixie L9 Light Machine Gun

Plasma/Rail Sniper/Anti-Matieral Rifle (Modular, requires a five minute refit to change ammo types) the 8X Stalker

Rail Combat Shotgun the Avalon Mk 12

Plasma SMG Q-22

Anti-Armor Guass-Plasma Hybrid Launcher (Uses Gauss technology to launch plasma at high speeds, energy intensive, but effective) the Mulcher T-9

Electrical Grenade (Creates a localized electrical storm in a plasma cloud, rarely straight up lethal on it's own to even unprotected target (Lots of burns, shock usually the killer), it is nonetheless painful, and destroys equipment. Can be on a timer, motion detector, or remote activated. Also has a grenade launcher, artillery/mortar shell equivalents, also called stormers) Stormer 06

Frag Grenade X0-12

Plasma Grenade (Also has mortar/artillery, and launcher variants) Nova 8E

Rocket Launcher (Fires either one large plasma explosive rocket with tracking, or six smaller tracking missiles following the Stormer above) 8G-45C Gale

Recon Drone (Come in both Law Enforcement and Military variety, Military includes stronger sensors, better armor, and light plasma weapon as strong as the light pistol above) Sniffer Mk 2

Soldier appearance
: Ashura Union Armor (Barring Special mentions) lacks shielding, instead relying on heavy plating combined with assistance to offset the added weight, and even it's heavier (Powered) armors can move as quickly as a normal member of their species.

Uniform Insignia (and branch) is worn on the Upper Right arm, and right upper right torso. Red signifies active combatant (Marine, Infantry, Security, Special Forces, ETC), Blue is Commissioned Infantry/Marine Officers, Green is Medical, White is Science, Orange is Engineering, and Purple is Pilots/Navy Officers. Notable for being light armor in of itself, was originally designed to help protect against shrapnel in ship to ship, and became the norm across the board. Coattails are only in dress and parade outfits, otherwise this is beneath all armor.

Standard Infantry, Pilots, and Standard (Military) ship security Wievegg Armor Mk 5

Militia Armor (Middle) GH Edli

Marine/Heavy Infantry (Can also equipped with an on board medical VI, though usually only one or two to a company,
in order to assist with medical treatment, suit will staunch most bleeding automatically, though treatment will still be needed)Fetsch Mk 2

Stealth Armor (Stealth Shield, Full Recon Suite, also given to notable snipers. Insuit recyclers can help keep it's user fed and watered, and recycles oxygen, allowing for isolated deployments) Aurora Stealth Armoker Mk.

Assault Armor (Has normal shielding, and it's users have additional cybernetics on top of the suits heavy armor, and enhanced strength. Is often deployed in squads as a mech killer, and has made a name for itself in defense operations as well) Yuchen Mk1

Protoype Assault-Jump Armor (As if the Yuchen Mk 1 wasn't bad enough, the Mk 2 has entered Field testing, and is even faster, and includes short range recharging anti grav jump packs) Yuchen Mk 2 Prototype

Heavy Assault Mech (The only mech deployed by the union, uses a wide range of armaments, but is usually deployed as a mech killer, or mobile artillery. Shielded) Yuchen Assualt Armor Mk 3

Standard Ship Appearance: While it's FTL speeds are on par with the rest of the galaxy, the Ashura Union's combat speeds are notably faster in all it's ships, and has strong shielding, though lacks in direct fire PD, and armor (By the standards of the class, a Titan is still a Titan) . All ships, even the smallest, are shielded. Do note that even if the weapon name is the same (Ex. Plasma Cannon) that they do scale up, a Frigates Plasma cannon is bigger and stronger than a Interceptor's. As a final note, The Ashura Union has Destroyers as lighter than Frigates (Like in modern RL navies) so I put in parenthesizes (Frigate/Destroyer) to indicate which of the OP classes they count as, and shall do so in any IC mentions as well, so as not to confuse other players. This is mostly for my own sanity, if you have issues I'll change it entirely, but this should be a good compromise. This extends to other ships (Carriers in the destroyer/cruiser weight classes, Battleships are non-existent in the Union fleet, instead there are Light Battle-cruisers, and Heavy Battle-Cruisers (Battleships). After that, things should work as normal)

Strike Craft

Amber Interceptor Mk. 4 (Twin Plasma Cannons, Two Plasma Missile Launchers. One Pilot.)

Serphinite Multi-Role Fighter Mk. 12 (Two Plasma Cannons, One Rail Cannon, Two Plasma Torpedo Launchers. One Pilot, One gunner.)

Chrysocolla Assault Fighter Mk.
(Lightly Armored (Even by Ashura Union Standards) Four Plasma Cannons, Two Rail Cannons, Two Plasma Torpedo Launchers, 6 Plasma Bombs. 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner)

Serphinite Medium Bomber Mk. 4 (Moderate Armor (By Union standards), two rail cannons, 24 Plasma Bombs, two plasma missile launchers, one plasma torpedo launcher. 1 Pilot, 1 Gunner)

Prototype Serphinite Stealth Fighter Mk. 1 (Only Recently entering field tests, this is the first generation of Stealth Fighters produced by the Union. Two Plasma Cannons, Two Gauss Cannons, Two Plasma Torpedo Launchers. One Pilot, One gunner, space for a third pilot or additional supplies for long term missions)

Lepidolite Dropship Mk. 3 (Heavily Armored (By Union standards). Rapid Fire Gauss Cannon, 2 PD Lasers, Four Plasma Missile Launchers. Pilot, Co-Pilot, Gunner. Carries 30 Mechanized Troops (Three Mechanized Squads, or one Mechanized Platoon) and 1 Heavy Tank, or 2 Light Tanks)

Light Ships (1 Strike Group = 3 Wings, 1 Wing = 3 Squadrons, 1 Squadron = 12 Craft)

Calcite Patrol Boat (200 Meters. These Light ships are rarely seen on the front lines, and instead act as scout ships, and more commonly, police ships. Lightly armed and armored, not used for projection of military force but civilian policing and recon. Rapid Fire Gauss Cannon, 1 PD laser, Two Rail Cannons)

Generation 3 Coral Corvette (400 meters. Light ships that often serve as light escorts or diplomat ships, also seen as heavy policing and help pacify systems. When seen in combat, they act as frigate spear heads, tying up enemy resources so that Frigates may penetrate deeper into enemy formations. Often used as siege craft in prolonged planetary conflicts. Four PD Lasers, Two Raid Fire Gauss Cannons, Six Plasma Cannons, Six Plasma Missile Launchers, Two Plasma Torpedo Launchers.)

Generation 1 Coral Stealth Corvette (475 Meters. The first generation of stealth corvettes, exited prototype phase three years ago. Never seen in policing roles, and rarely seen on the front lines, infact, rarely seen outside of Ashura Union space at all. These Stealth Corvettes are used near exclusively for recon, or commando supply raids on lightly guarded garrisons. Usually deployed in trios. Four PD Laser, three Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Six Plasma Cannons, Eight Plasma Missile Launchers. Comes with one squadron (12) of stealth fighters on the most recent deployments. This is where much of the extra size compared to it's more public sister comes from, a small hanger for such things. Ones without stealth fighters have a dropship and eight multi-role fighters instead)

Generation Five Lepidolite Destroyer (Frigate) (850 Meters. The first of the true dedicated warships in the Union's fleet, the Lepidolite Destroyer (Frigate) is the most common seen ship in border space as it act's as the first line of defense and picket ships, usually commanded by a single cruiser and some Frigate (Destroyer) escorts. When in full fleet formations, they often act as spearheads for Frigates (Destroyers) tying up enemy resources so the heavier ships can penetrate further in. Four PD Lasers, Three Rapid Fire Guass Cannons, Eight Plasma Cannons, 12 Plasma Missile Launchers, Four Plasma Torpedo Launchers. Comes with one squadron of interceptors/Fighters, and three dropships.)

Generation Two Malachite Light Carrier (Destroyer) (1.2 km. The first dedicated carrier ship of the Ashura fleet, these carriers are fast but lightly armed, relying on a contingent of fighters and bombers to project force. Most fleets headed by a Frigate (Destroyer) have two of these with them, acting as both troop carriers and strike craft projectors. At the center of most formations with their own Corvette escorts. Four PD Lasers. Six Plasma Cannons, Six Plasma Missile Launchers. Has One wing of Interceptors, One Squadron of Multi-Role Fighters, and either two wings of Assault Fighters or two wings of bombers. Two Dropship Squadrons

Genration Nine Verdite Frigate (Destroyer)(1.2 KM. Fast even by Unions standards, the Verdite Frigate (Destroyer) line is the oldest line of dedicated warships in the Union, stretching back to pre-Union days. Perhaps the most famous ships of the Union as they led the wave of colonization, and most of the heavier ships haven't been seen often due to a lack of prolonged warfare, only being involved in border skirmishes and dealing with fleets of Pirates and Raiders. Four Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Twelve Plasma Cannons, Six PD Lasers, 16 Plasma Missile Launchers, Six Plasma Torpedo Launchers, 1 Siege Cannon (Spinal Mounted Rail Cannon designed for crippling larger enemy ships). Acts as a spearhead for cruiser of any class below Battle-Cruiser, but is often the leader of it's own patrol fleet of Destroyers (Frigates) and Corvettes. Comes with One Squadron of Interceptors/Fighters, One Wing of bombers, and Five Dropships)

Medium Ships

Generation Six Pearl Light Cruiser (1.7 Kilometers. The first of the Capital ships of the Union, these light cruisers are seen commanding Frigates (Destroyers) in strike fleets, and act as as spearhead for the Pearl Heavy Cruiser. Ten PD Lasers, Six Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Sixteen Plasma Cannons, 20 Plasma Missile launchers, Eight Plasma Torpedo Launchers, Two Siege Cannons. Carries Two Interceptor/Fighter Squadrons, One Bomber Wing, and Eight Dropships)

Generation Three Pearl Heavy Cruiser (2.5 Kilometers. Moderately Armored by Union Standerds The first truly heavy hitter in the Ashura Union fleet, the Pearl Heavy Cruiser is almost never seen acting as even a minor command ship, instead it's usually seen in groups of four commanded by Battlecruisers (Battleship) and are force projectors. Fourteen PD Lasers, Eight Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Twenty Plasma Cannons, 24 Plasma Missile Launchers, Twelve Plasma Torpedo Launchers, Two Siege Cannons, One Pulse Cannon (Space Plasma Sniper :P) Carries One Interceptors/Fighter Wing, One Bomber Squadron, and One Dropship Squadron)

Generation Two Malachite Medium Carrier (Cruiser) (2 km. Fills it's smaller sisters role in smaller fleets, though both classes are rarely seen outside of dedicated war fleets, and are non-existent in fleets with proper carriers. Six PD Lasers. Twelve Plasma Cannons, Ten Plasma Missile Launchers. Two wings of Interceptors, Three wings of Multi-Role Fighters, and (Four Assault Fighter Wings, Four Bomber Wings, or Two Assault Fighters and Two Bomber wings) . Two wings of Dropships.

Heavy Ships

Generation Three Pearl Light Battle-Cruiser (4.5km. The first Capital ship of the Union fleet, and the most common of them, the Pearl Light Battle-Cruiser has seen the most use of any of the Capital ships (Who deploys anything heavier for simple pirates?), and is the pride of the Union. Twenty PD Lasers, Twelve Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Thirty Two Plasma Cannons, 24 Plasma Missile Launchers, Twenty Four Plasma Torpedo Launchers, Two Plasma Rail Launchers (Torpedo Launcher combined with Rail technology), Two Siege Cannons, Three Pulse Cannons. Carries Two Interceptor/Fighter Wings, One Bomber Wing, and Two Dropship Squadrons)

Generation Four Pearl Heavy Battle-Cruiser (Battleship) (7 KM. Fast by Union Standards. Moderately Armored. Only deployed once in a particularly large border skirmish with a massive pirate faction, the Heavy Battle-Cruisers (Battleships) completely replaced battleships in the Union navy. This is the ships that truly represents the mobility doctrine of the fleet, and is not afraid to lead a charge when needed. Thirty PD Lasers, Sixteen Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Forty Eight Plasma Cannons, Thirty Plasma Missile Launchers, Four Plasma Rail Launchers, Two Siege Cannons, Six Pulse Cannons. Carries one Interceptor/Fighter Strike Group, Two Bomber Wings, and One Dropship Wing.)

Generation Three Malachite Heavy Carrier (10 KM. Heavily Shielded by Union standards. The first true carrier of the Union fleet, the others being little more than retrofitted ships of their weight range, the Malachite Heavy Carrier is never seen without it's Heavy Battle-Cruiser (Battleship) Command ship, and a sighting of it on the front means the Union has fully mobilized for war. They double as troopships. Twenty PD Lasers, Eight Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Twenty Four Plasma Cannons, Eighty Plasma Missile Launchers, Two Pulse Cannons. Holds Twelve Interceptor/Fighter Strike Groups, Four Bomber Strike Groups, and Five Dropship Strike Groups.)

Generation Two Diamond Dreadnought (12km. The big dogs of the Union fleet, the Diamond Dreadnoughts have never been used in conflict, and remain one of the best guarded secrets of the Union (Not their existence, their capabilities). Only Six have ever been built as the backbone of the fleet is it's cruisers, but fleet doctrine dictates that they act in unison with the single Super-Dreadnought deployed by the fleet. Seeing these seven ships (Counting their bigger sister) is a clear announcement that you have pushed the Union to Total War, they are not deployed lightly and stay at the Capital as part of the Home Defense Fleet. More are under construction in the heavily guarded prime shipyard in Erebus. Heavily Shielded. Forty-Five PD Lasers, Twenty Four Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Sixty Four Plasma Cannons, Forty Two Plasma Missile Launchers, Thirty Plasma Torpedo Launchers, Six Plasma Rail Launchers, Six Siege Cannons, Eight Pulse Cannons. Carry One Interceptor Strike Group, One Fighter Strike Group, Two Bomber Wings, and One Dropship Strike Group.

Generation One Diamond Super-Dreadnought (19km. Only one has ever been constructed (Entered service six months previously) though two more are known to be under construction. This is the sleeping tiger of the fleet, and if it is ever mobilized, it is mobilized with the clear message of Total War, these is no longer a petty war for territory or compensation, this is a war of survival. Sixty PD Lasers, Thirty Rapid Fire Gauss Cannons, Seventy Two Plasma Cannons, Fifty Plasma Missile Launchers, Thirty Eight Plasma Torpedo Launchers, Ten Plasma Rail Launchers, Ten Siege Cannons, Twelve Pulse Cannons. Carry Two Interceptor Strike Groups, Two Fighter Strike Groups, One Bomber Strike Group, and Two Dropship Strike Groups.

Ground Vehicles Due to it's elastic defense and spearhead doctrines, Union vehicles almost universally double as transports for at least one squad, as well as providing the vehicle with well trained defenders.

Karanak Gen 3 (A Missile Artillery battery, is the main artillery used by the Union. Primarily uses plasma missiles, also acts as an Anti-Air Battery)

Gen 4 Kop (Railgun artillery, designed for more heavily armored targets. Shielded, may fire on the move at the cost of accuracy. Uses principles of kinetic bombardment and it's railgun to rain metal death at a distance. Sometimes used to eliminate baited enemy mechs)

Hellfire Mk. 3 Levian (Rail-Plasma Artillery. A siege battery, and rarely seen in the field. The Hellfire Levian must enter siege mode in order to fire. Heavily armored and shielded. Bombards in waves, each barrel firing independently, is never without escort vehicles.)

Generation Nine Theo Light Tank (Deployed primarily in infantry support roles, the Theo Light Tank is fairly fast. It's front cannon is a double barrel rail cannon, preferring volume of fire over direct damage. Rarely operates alone, has a squad, one pilot, one crew, and a gunner.)

Generation Two Genesis Main Battle Tank (Most common tank deployed by the union. Is shielded and moderately armored. Has a Plasma-Rail Cannon, and 2x Rear Facing Plasma Heavy Machine Guns, and 1x Front Facing Plasma Heavy Machine Guns, Has One Pilot, Two crew, Two Gunners (HMGs vs Cannon) and one squad. May also come equipped with a burrowing drone for recon.)

Generation One Proxy Heavy Tank (Recent deployment, has yet to see combat outside of testing, by the union, the Proxy Heavy Tank was designed to combat the growing numbers of enemy mecha in the field. Equipped with a Plasma Vortex Cannon (Gauss-Plasma Hybrid, can be AP or HE), Two Front facing Plasma Heavy Machine guns and three rear facing plasma heavy machine guns. Has Two pilots, Four Crew, Three Gunners, and two squads. The Proxy tank is a massive machine of war and is easily in the weight class of most mecha)

Mica IFV Mk. 6 (A Infantry Fighting vehicle equipped with a plasma missile battery, and three light plasma machine guns. Mostly used as direct fire support, but can act as light missile artillery when pressed)

Generation Twelve Theo Heavy IFV (A Second, heavier IFV, the Theo Heavy IFV carries one platoon, is equipped with a rapid fire Rail Cannon, Six Plasma Light Machine Guns and three Plasma Heavy Machine guns. Nearly a tank in it's own right, the Theo Heavy IFV is a terror to enemy infantry due to it's high volume of fire, and troop count. Usually deployed in fives, so carrying one company per formation, but spreads out as needed. Is often seen assisting the Theo Light Tank in armored assaults)

Virus Skimmer Mk. 4 (While this is a flight capable vehicle, it is built for atmospheric conditions only. Single pilot recon craft that can act as light attack ships, or ground attack. Carries Two Plasma Missile Launchers and one plasma gatling weapon. Usually deployed in Squadrons to assist companies)

#DOSAPP (do not delete)
Last edited by Durmatagno on Fri Apr 13, 2018 11:54 am, edited 16 times in total.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:43 am

Tagali Federation wrote:
Turmenista wrote:
-snip-

The history is still a work in progress, right?

Mhm. I'll change it up a little to be less on UN history and more of an original thing. I'll be reposting an updated one sometime today.
Last edited by Turmenista on Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:04 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:42 am

Darksworth wrote:
Tagali Federation wrote:

Erm, sorry if I'm being impatient but am I accepted yet? I have changed the required fields and I believe I am grounds for qualification.

Yep, You're accepted.

Durmatagno
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 10, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Durmatagno » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:14 am

Alright, my app is ready for review.
When we lose one we love, our bitterest tears are called forth by the memory of hours when we loved not enough. - Maurice Maeterlinck

There is a sacredness in tears. They are not the mark of weakness, but of power. They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues. They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. - Washington Irving

It is easy to hate and it is difficult to love. This is how the whole scheme of things works. All good things are difficult to achieve; and bad things are very easy to get. - Confucius

Tagali Federation
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tagali Federation » Wed Dec 13, 2017 9:50 am

Durmatagno wrote:Alright, my app is ready for review.

Durmatagno is accepted.

Ithalian Empire
Senator

Founded: Jan 19, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Ithalian Empire » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:15 am

Tagali Federation wrote:
Durmatagno wrote:Alright, my app is ready for review.

Durmatagno is accepted.

Hey, my app is done.
Eat ,Drink, and be mary, for tomorrow we die.
PRAISE THE FOUNDERS

The poster licks five public door handles a day to compare there taste.

Spindle
Senator

Founded: Aug 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Spindle » Wed Dec 13, 2017 10:36 am

WIP Application

NS Name: Spindle

Nation Name: The Star Kingdom of Spindle

Capital: Puriel

Population Size: 38,058,811,986

Primary Species: Dearyn: Deayn are a heavily social race of insectile, highly polymorphic aliens with a complex carbon-based, metal-stranded biology. While not evidenced so much for themselves, the Dearyn biosphere - in ages past, at least - was capable of supporting gargantuan creatures. The most common Dearyn form - the Worker - is around two and a half metres tall, supported by a linked internal and external skeleton criss-crossed with muscle fibres. Evolved near the bottom of the food chain Deayn are primarily herbivorous, with grinding mouthparts to strip away the metallic bark of the once-prevalent trees and reveal the glassy interior tubules.

In the past Dearyn lived in Hives constructed from the various types of resin most castes can secrete. These were made semi-instinctively, and modern Hives are still styled as the older versions. Indeed, the living quarters of most Dearyn is simply a smart material box filled with rooms separated by self-produced resins and the vast majority of hives will have their walls and floor coated with it, if only to make the inhabitants feel at ease with their surroundings. Of course, resin isn't merely aesthetic: it also damps down the concentration of pheromones in the air: vital for maintaining any real population density without Hive-wide mood swings.

The pheromones are what place the Dearyn halfway between the swarm species and the full individualists. There is no Dearyn "Hive Mind" - except on the same, very broad, level that all species possess - but instead, the Dearyn are significantly more in touch with their collective than most species with pheromones and subsonics from every Dearyn in a Hive affecting every other Dearyn. From this comes a degree of that swarm coordination - especially on the smaller scale - despite every member of the species being fully sentient and a fully-fledged individual in their own right.

Dearyn have three main genders: females, primarily Lecet and Queens, Matrons, who are considered their own caste, and Males, which make up every other morph. Females periodically lay eggs in communal fertilisation spaces, which males then fertilise when the time of month descends upon them. Once this is done a Matron will swallow certain eggs and nurture them within herself, warming them and providing them with sustenance while she fattens herself up. The eggs hatch after nearly a year, at which point the young will eat their way out of the Matron and then thoroughly consume her. They scatter through the Hive for the next few years until they start to release their own pheromones and integrate into society.

As a result of their subconcious communication, Dearyn are highly empathic - between each other, at least. This leads them to a blind intersection between genuine naivety and accidental cruelty in their encounters with alien beings. While the Dearyn equivalent of a handshake is to release large quantities of satisfaction pheromones, the composition of these has lead many hopeful ambassadors to accidentally spew copious quantities of highly-toxic gasses directly into the face of a counterpart whose chemistry reacts poorly to ingesting heavy metals. No harm is ever meant by such actions - and the Lecet in particular have learned to appraise their counterparts for chemical composition and tensile strength before attempting any form of communications with them.

While any given Dearyn is unlikely to change morph throughout their lives, it is an increasingly common occurrence as the species as a whole continues to come to grips with the extent of modern technology. This is usually done as a result of various stress hormones found within the Hive, which also affect the caste composition of the eggs deposited by Lecet and Queens and the mental growth of hatchlings. Although a somewhat slow mechanism, this was originally meant to ensure that the Hive could adapt to prolonged wars easily. In the modern age, it simply unbalances the population long after the war is done.

Traditionally shifting morphs required direct injections from a Queen, and was equally likely to result in death as it was any change of caste after the days of agonising internal restructuring. In the modern day morphs can be changed in hours, even minutes, and is nearly-painless. In part, this is because of the natural integration of macro-technology, nanotechnoloy and biotechnology into the Dearyn form, but more of it is because of the sheer practice which morph-shapers have had in recent years. While very few Dearyn shift their morph, almost all will undergo modification at some point in their life. This ranges from simple augs to full-body reconstruction or even disassociation - becoming a disembodied brain with a body made of nanite-infused smart metals. As such, the appearances of Dearyn even of the same morph can often be entirely unrelated from each other and few two Dearyn appear exactly the same, even to outsiders.

Workers make up around sixty percent of a Dearyn Hive and form the social and economic bedrock upon which the rest of the Hive rests. Amongst the shortest of the Dearyn morphs, they are almost-universally male and have a collective pheromonal effect far outweighing their social impact. This is probably why the Dearyn are dismissive of slavery as a concept - what use is there in slavery, they ask, when you're suffering along with your slaves?

Preatorians are, despite their name (or rather, the rough translation of their name, not soldiers. Instead they are hazardous-condition workers: bred over the years to survive most natural hazards. In the modern world they are a dying breed: where size and bulk no longer provide the protection it once did, the smaller Workers are equally viable and eat far less than their larger cousins. Despite this, Praetorians still retain a social status far above that of Workers, and one of the most common morph-changes has been from Worker to Preatorian.
While not enough to revive the caste this has created a large pool of "wannabes" which are looked down upon by the natural-born Preatorians as imitators.

Matrons are one of the most revered morphs in the Hives.
Whatever can be said for the other castes of society, Matrons command a near-religious respect from all other Dearyn - they are the ones who lay down their lives, in peacetime and war, that the Hive may continue on. This respect is such that Matron Chambers are one of four forbidden targets in Dearyn military philosophy, along with Queen Chambers, the Birthing Ground and any males who happen to be on their time of month. As those who select the eggs to be incubated, Matrons are also considered to be deciders of fate and fortune even as irreverence to the traditional gods continues to fade.

Lecet
are a sign of opulence in Dearyn society. By far the rarest morph, they are only born into successful, peaceful Hives: gestating from Queen eggs when the Hive is sufficiently content that the power struggle for a new Queen would be overly-destructive. Instead, these eggs gestate into something else entirely: lacking the external portion of their skeleton except for a few plates and lacking all but the most basic of pheromonal glands, they are instead the most mentally gifted of all Dearyn morphs. As such, they are a way to supplement a Queen's rule without the need to precipitate a power struggle between two competing sides: an adviser who cannot betray their charge.

A Queen will always be the most socially influential and politically powerful of all Dearyn in a particular Hive, if for no reason other than that the Queen is the only morph which can be spontaneously generated from any other morph. Or, put better, the most influential Dearyn in a particular Hive will be a Queen, even if they need to spend days in a cocoon to do so.
As such, Queens cannot abide competition within their domain, and can be some of the most vicious of all Dearyn to protect it from those they consider to be unworthy.
Had it not been for the artificial creation of Regents, a unified government would have been impossible.

Nation History: The earliest chapters of Spindle's history is tied to that of the forests which were its first home. Beyond the forests stalked creatures of immense size and power, and so the Dearyn remained within them and warred amongst themselves for power and unity: expending both. They learned to smelt metals and ores, but the weapons they fashioned thus were of little use against the chitin of their natural adversaries, so they turned them against themselves instead. The forests remained oases of safety amid the desert of danger on the grasslands and tundra beyond.

And then the wars took a new turn as the first true firearms were developed. In the close ranges necessitated by forests, even primitive firearms proved deadly: capable of firing all of the way through a Dearyn without slowing down. The slaughter in the forests intensified, but the first inroads to safe pathways between the forests were made them. As cannon became more and more advanced, the Dearyn soon began to spread out to the rest of their planet. For the first time, they found themselves unified: doing all that they could to remove the only external threat to their being.

Within a century the great beasts which stalked the plains had been slain, and the Dearyn collapsed back into their old ways. Hive fought Hive in wars of subjugation, assimilation and, on occasion, annihilation which came close to shattering them as a people. Peace became little more than a resting space, a pause for breath before the next conflict as empires were formed, expanded, overreached and collapsed. Life remained short, and just as harsh as in years before, yet as technology advanced the rate of warfare slowed, stilled, stopped entirely with the advent of nuclear weapons.

Military Size: 17,503,858

Military Tech:

Soldier Appearance:
Spindlean Legionnaires are the primary offensive unit of the Star Kingdom: assigned to the Navy, they are the ones who are supposed to fight its wars on the planets across the galaxy at large. Because of this they are the second-lightest infantry unit the Star Kingdom has to offer, primarily in terms of pure mass and logistical dependance. Which isn't to say that they are pushovers by any means - rather, that they are meant to stay as far away from protracted fights as is physically possible. Intended to strike fast and hard before disengaging and disappearing, Legionnaires are intended as rapid-strike platforms; not tanks.

In order to better serve in this role, Legionnaires have their brains implanted into Oversuits upon their induction and remain implanted within them until they are removed from duty. This is part of the reason why Legionnaires are so much smaller and more mass-efficient than their counterparts in the Army, and also why they can endure so much more physical punishment: short of a direct hit on the suspended brain there is very little most small-arms fire can do to hinder a Legionnaire, and Spectre fields help them to hide from heavier weapons.

In return Legionnaires mount a plethora of weaponry themselves. Most use a G/G-199 integrated projectile weapons system as their primary sidearm: the former being the most common. A primarily kinetic system, the G/G uses a combination of electromagnets and internal gravitics to launch self-assembling kinetic ammunition, capable of modifying itself mid-flight to adjust flight path, evade countermeasures or simply fire shots larger than the gun itself. Less common armaments include the P/L-209, a laser/particle beam weapon made for mobile point defence and anti-air and the E/I-183, a solid-slug railgun meant for breaking open shielded targets with weight of fire.

On top of the direct weapons, all Legionnaires have both gravitics and plasma screens. Gravitics are used for fine-manipulation telekinesis, as well as minor flight adjustments and interception of incoming projectiles, but their use in offensive tactics is not uncommon: the "nova bomb" is the primary example of this, where gravitics are used to tear away armour in preparation for a killshot from another Legionnaire. Plasma screens, on the other hand, are used for providing thrust, protecting Legionnaires from kinetic and charged beam attacks and creating short-ranged bursts of searing heat.

In addition to the physical battlefield, Legionnaires fight in the virtual world as well. Decoy drones, ECM and ECCM suites and cyberwarfare links to Station Cyraell's distributed computing networks. A common tactic is to burst-fire nanites onto enemy positions, create micro-scale EM emitters and then either hack directly into enemy systems - relying on sheer number of access points and the brute force they have available - or else disrupt enemy communications with continuous bursts of electromagnetic energy. While other, more direct, uses of nanites are possible, their use in cyberwarefare is a Legion favourite.

Between all of this, a single Legionnaire is a formidable fighting force. With QE communications between every member of a fighting force, Legionnaires become exponentially more dangerous with numbers. Able to share sensor data and communicate near-instantly, Legionnaires have been trained rigorously to best capitalise on this advantage:
while some enemies can have their chain of command disrupted by attrition, precise strikes or ECM, the Legions have no such weakness. In every battlespace they are fluid,
adapting to every threat as they arrive and dominating every aspect possible. Though they number less than three hundred thousand, they are easily one of the foremost combat units in the galaxy.

The Cyrynth-class Heavy Cruiser is the workhorse of the Fleet, meant to function as a patrol craft in groups of six or an escort craft in groups of four. Equal parts carrier, point defence and anti-warship, the Cyrynth demonstrates Spindle's dedication to technological superiority in all areas of war, as well as the "layered supremacy" doctrine which characterises their warship design. As such, the battlespace surrounding it can be divided into layers of threat, or zones of control, which illustrate the Cruiser's ability to influence the actions of those around it.

The outermost layer is considered to be the entire solar system the Cyrynth is in. Here, the Cruiser is capable of launching missiles to to harass enemy ships or wolf-pack stragglers. While potentially devastating if used correctly, a Cyrynth lacks much of the throw weight of older vessels - only boasting a sixty-missile salvo. As such,
the Cruiser can only really overwhelm smaller targets, or those bare of point defences, within this layer. The second layer, however, ranging from thirty to three light-seconds from the Cruiser, are the domain of the Cyrynth's complement of small craft.

The Cyrynth has sixty Rapier Interceptors, in addition to twenty-four Falachion Multirole Exosuits and six Claymore Heavy Exosuits. Between these, the Cyrynth has the ability to project firepower against small craft, missiles and other warships without endangering itself to any direct response. With the inclusion of anti-warship or anti-fighter missiles in this layer, the threat presented by a Cyrynth leaps dramatically. Coordinated properly against a foe without heavy point defence, a Cyrynth can tear apart entire squadrons of smaller ships before even reaching engagement range proper.

From three to half a light second, the Cyrynth's main batteries are within effective range. These are made up of twenty-four particle beam cannon - capable of firing nucleii, protons, neutrons and electrons, depending on range - and eighteen railguns, firing self-assembling ammunition in the same vein as the G/G-199 used by the Legions. Between these the Cyrynth has access to a broad range of firepower types in traditional engagement ranges, and can combat anything from escort squadrons to capital ships with a reasonable degree of confidence.

Half a light second and shorter is where defensive systems become offensive systems. Plasma screens, point defence networks and gravitic shielding all work by destroying incoming attacks - either through heat, kinetic energy or gravitic shear forces - and at close ranges, they can work as effectively against warships as they do against missiles and small craft. At this kind of knife-fight range, the Cyrynth is less comfortable than it is a greater distances - it is intended for mid-long range combat and its weapons and loadout are optimised for this longer-ranged combat.

The Cyllei

The Tsaycc

#DOSAPP
Disclaimer: Nothing said here is the product of a rational mind.
So...apparently I'm a decent writer. Um...wait, what?
Relativity, nukes in space, nukes in atmosphere, LASERs, MASERs, kinetic weapons, missile and kinetic CIWS, impactors and centripital force.

And, of course, for anything at all, you can always go here.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse