NATION

PASSWORD

Merry Christmas to Natives and Defenders Everywhere

Talk about regional management and politics, raider/defender gameplay, and other game-related matters.
Not a roleplaying forum.
Santas Elf
Civil Servant

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Merry Christmas to Natives and Defenders Everywhere

Postby Santas Elf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:05 pm

Natives and Defenders keep their eye out for Santa to arrive with presents for those that have been good boys and girls

It was the night before Christmas and all through the world,
Raiders were plotting, quiet as a mouse;

The sleepers were set in their regions with care,
In hopes that the raid would soon occur there;

The natives were joyful with no dreams of raiders here,
Defenders were ready as they continued to peer;

Alas the raiders slipped through with very few aware,
Although their intel had been shared so they should beware,

In came Santa's Elf with good news to share,
The natives would be saved due to peoples diligence and care;

Santa then proclaimed as he delivered the gifts on his sleigh,
Merry Christmas to all as you end these raiders stay.

On the first day of Christmas Santa gave to you: A region that TBH had a sleeper set up in.
Singapore

On the second day of Christmas Santa gave to you: A sleeper for the first region TBH had planned to raid.
Kurotaka

On the third day of Christmas Santa gave to you: Another region that TBH had a sleeper set up in.
The International Kingdom

On the fourth day of Christmas Santa gave to you: The sleeper for the second region TBH had planned to raid.
Resehelt

On the fifth day of Christmas Santa gave to you: A third region TBH had a sleeper set up in.
The United Royal Alliance

On the sixth day of Christmas Santa gave to you: The sleeper for the third region TBH had planned to raid.
Archlight

On the seventh and final day of Christmas Santa gave to you: A fourth region TBH had a sleeper set up to raid.
Westphalia

Merry Christmas to all and a Happy Raid Free New Year!!!!
*Raiders excluded

VoVoDoCo
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby VoVoDoCo » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:11 pm

That was beautiful.
Are use voice to text, so accept some typos and Grammatical errors.
I'm a moderate free-market Libertarian boomer with a soft spot for Agorism. Also an Atheist.

I try not to do these or have those. Feel free to let me know if I come short.

The Noble Thatcherites
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 03, 2015
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Noble Thatcherites » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:11 pm

Foreshadowing?
—Thatcher Whitehall
Kanglia wrote:Thatcher. Wants. As. Little. To. Do. With. You. All. As. Possible.
Résumé
The Union of Democratic States
Citizen and Founder
Prime Minister (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (x15)
Ambassador (x21)
Publisher for The Union Post (x5)
Constitutional Framer (x4)
The Free Nations Region
Citizen and Legislator
Justice (x1)
Motion(s) Passed (1x)
The Allied States
Citizen
Senator (x1)
FORGE
Representative (x4)
Chancellor (x1)
ITDA
Founder
Representative (x1)
Secretary General (x1)
Charter Author (x2)
Court of International Law and Justice
Foreign Affairs Justice (x1)
Europeia
Citizen and Assemblyman (x1)
The South Pacific
Citizen
SPSF Recruit (x1)

The Union of Democratic States

Jar Wattinree
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 14, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Jar Wattinree » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:11 pm

I'm having a hard time singing that to the tune of the Ray Conniff Singers' version.
By the Holy Flaming Hammer of Unholy Cosmic Frost
I will voyage 'cross the Multiverse to fight for what was lost!
From this realm of nuclear chaos, to a world beyond the stars
I will quest forever onwards, so far;
I will wield the Holy Hammer of Flame!
Unholy cosmic frost!

Ecce Princeps Dundonensis Imperator Ascendit In Astra Eterna!

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:44 pm

Congratulations, Moneyness, for completing the move to complete traitor who no one will ever trust again. I’m almost glad you followed through on this threat, becuase it gives everyone on both sides of the isle an IC reason to never trust you again, in addition to your OOC behavior that got you banned from TBH.

You know, many months ago, we were warned about you. Hydra told us never to take you in. We gave you a second chance. We gave you every chance. Even when you screwed up majorly again, when others were leaving the region because of the way you were treating them, we gave you one more chance to prove yourself. And not only did you fail that, miserably, but you’ve since gone above and beyond to prove to the world how much of an ass you are, with further IC actions and OOC accusations designed to target those who executed your ban.

We should have cut you off sooner, in hindsight.

I didn’t think you were aiming to flame out on NS as hard as you did on Torn, but hey, feel free to keep proving me wrong. I hope playing this card was satisfying to you. I hope you really, really, enjoyed ruining the work that your former friends put in for months. Does it make you feel happy inside?

Enjoy irrelevance from here out.

Edit: I’m also minorly disappointed that you didn’t even have the cojones to tie yourself to this outright. What, did you think we wouldn’t figure out that the banned SGT who’d been threatening to leak all the sleepers he knew of was the one who posted this? I don’t know why I expected you to suddenly start having more accountability and less cowardice, but for some reason, I apparently did.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Proud Raider; General of The Black Hawks, Ret.
TG me anytime; I'm always happy to talk about anything!

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8944227
http://www.nationstates.net/page=rmb/postid=8951258

Misley wrote:
Hobbesistan wrote:Don't think I understand the question.
The color or what?..

Jesus, Hobbes, it's 2015. You can't just call someone "the color".

Reploid Productions wrote:Raiders are endlessly creative

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

United Massachusetts
Minister

Founded: Jan 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby United Massachusetts » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:55 pm

All regions mentioned in the OP have been notified of this thread.

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm

United Massachusetts wrote:All regions mentioned in the OP have been notified of this thread.

My name’s Watson, and I have some laxatives if you’d like.

The Alicorns (Equestria) wrote:Let them stay, no need to badmouth them...From our view a bunch of nations just came in, seized the delegate position, and changed a few superficial things...we play NationStates differently...there's really no reason for us to be butthurt.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 03, 2016
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:59 pm

Like I told you before, we can start over. You're done, and nobody will ever trust you again. :lol:
Formerly known as Ambroscus Koth, +1843 posts. Trust no one.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

The Arks
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Arks » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:03 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Congratulations, Moneyness, for completing the move to complete traitor who no one will ever trust again. I’m almost glad you followed through on this threat, becuase it gives everyone on both sides of the isle an IC reason to never trust you again, in addition to your OOC behavior that got you banned from TBH.

You know, many months ago, we were warned about you. Hydra told us never to take you in. We gave you a second chance. We gave you every chance. Even when you screwed up majorly again, when others were leaving the region because of the way you were treating them, we gave you one more chance to prove yourself. And not only did you fail that, miserably, but you’ve since gone above and beyond to prove to the world how much of an ass you are, with further IC actions and OOC accusations designed to target those who executed your ban.

We should have cut you off sooner, in hindsight.

I didn’t think you were aiming to flame out on NS as hard as you did on Torn, but hey, feel free to keep proving me wrong. I hope playing this card was satisfying to you. I hope you really, really, enjoyed ruining the work that your former friends put in for months. Does it make you feel happy inside?

Enjoy irrelevance from here out.

Edit: I’m also minorly disappointed that you didn’t even have the cojones to tie yourself to this outright. What, did you think we wouldn’t figure out that the banned SGT who’d been threatening to leak all the sleepers he knew of was the one who posted this? I don’t know why I expected you to suddenly start having more accountability and less cowardice, but for some reason, I apparently did.

Well you know, this is what happens when you let members of your council sexually harass your members. You can't let your council members harass people and then expect those people to behave.
Current RPs: None

In FT RPs, my formal name is The New Federation, while Arks is my casual name (i.e. The United States is formal, whereas America is casual)
In MT RPs, my nation name is The Republic of St. Prince.

Santas Elf
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Santas Elf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:05 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:Congratulations, Moneyness, for completing the move to complete traitor who no one will ever trust again. I’m almost glad you followed through on this threat, becuase it gives everyone on both sides of the isle an IC reason to never trust you again, in addition to your OOC behavior that got you banned from TBH.

You know, many months ago, we were warned about you. Hydra told us never to take you in. We have you a second chance. We gave you every chance. Even when you screwed up majorly again, when others were leaving the region because of the way you were treating them, we gave you one more chance to prove yourself. And not only did you fail that, miserably, you’ve gone above and beyond to prove to the world how much of an ass you are since. We should have cut you off sooner, in hindsight.

I didn’t think of were aiming to flame out on NS as hard as you did on Torn, but hey, feel free to keep proving me wrong. Enjoy irrelevance from here out, and I hope playing this card was satisfying to you.

TBH should really remember the thing about throwing rocks in glass houses. Maybe they should look back and reflect on their own behavior. I gave two weeks for the council to deal with and address a serious behavior issue of a different member to me and nothing was done and that was reason for this release. If I can't have justice with TBH admitting and disciplining their favorites for inexcusable actions, I will get justice my own way to move on. Also one of your fellow council members did say they didn't care about this being released. Thought they spoke for the council about it.

Speaking of irrelevance kinda reminds me of TBH of how few tags have been happening there and how soon most of yours will be detagged. Oh and you kinda don't have occupations set up right now. Aren't raiding orgs supposed to do that stuff. Well that's awkward.

(edit)This nation fit with the Christmas Theme of the report better. Also kinda obvious who it would be so I knew that you would know who it was.
Last edited by Santas Elf on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:10 pm

You're right, I absolutely told you to just do it if you were going to. You can stop spreading your lies about me being a sexual harasser by the way, it's pure defamation and beneath the "justice" you're supposedly dishing out by selling out our sleepers.
Xanthal wrote:Only raiders can win in this war- a defender can keep them from winning one region, one update at a time, but there will always be the next region, the next update, and the next, forever.

Santas Elf
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Santas Elf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:You're right, I absolutely told you to just do it if you were going to. You can stop spreading your lies about me being a sexual harasser by the way, it's pure defamation and beneath the "justice" you're supposedly dishing out by selling out our sleepers.

I never said anything about you specifically on site as if something were to have occurred it was off site and would fall into the defamation grounds as it can not be mentioned here. Read my post again does it say anything about you or about you sexually harassing someone?

Ever-Wandering Souls
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Ever-Wandering Souls » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:14 pm

The Arks wrote:Well you know, this is what happens when you let members of your council sexually harass your members. You can't let your council members harass people and then expect those people to behave.

Hi, other spy that I banned last week.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:And not only did you fail that, miserably, but you’ve since gone above and beyond to prove to the world how much of an ass you are, with further IC actions and OOC accusations designed to target those who executed your ban.

I'm not sure where *I* get warned for defamation exactly, but false harassment accusations have been part of this player's meltdown. They are easily disprovable, and have been so to anyone who has bothered to ask. Do not be part of the problem by taking everything you hear at face value and without evidence. I won't go much further into these baseless accusations here, but I'll end by saying we've got a region that is quite diverse in gender, race, orientation and more for a reason, and that reason is *not* that we allow people to do such things.

Santas Elf wrote:TBH should really remember the thing about throwing rocks in glass houses. Maybe they should look back and reflect on their own behavior. I gave two weeks for the council to deal with and address a serious behavior issue of a different member to me and nothing was done and that was reason for this release. If I can't have justice with TBH admitting and disciplining their favorites for inexcusable actions, I will get justice my own way to move on. Also one of your fellow council members did say they didn't care about this being released. Thought they spoke for the council about it.

Speaking of irrelevance kinda reminds me of TBH of how few tags have been happening there and how soon most of yours will be detagged. Oh and you kinda don't have occupations set up right now. Aren't raiding orgs supposed to do that stuff. Well that's awkward.

Nothing was done because you have consistently been in the wrong. I'm not going to completely get into a pissing match with you about your disciplinary record here in public, but you know as well as I do that every complaint you've had has been looked at by the complete council, and that that eventually included bringing CoE in as an uninvolved mediator.

I trust that our newest council member, whose appointment likely pushed you over this cliff due to your "dislike" of him and his significant otter, will continue his hard work revitalize parts of our program that slacked a bit in the run-up to Sygians retirement.
Last edited by Ever-Wandering Souls on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Misley wrote:
The color or what?..

How Do I Telegram API?

Omnis delenda est.

Reventus Koth
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Reventus Koth » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm

You don't need to say it was me, obviously you're aware of the repercussions of attaching my name to the accusation. Coward.

I clearly told you to stop spreading the lies, because Arks evidently bought it hook, line, and sinker.

Santas Elf
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Santas Elf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:17 pm

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:
The Arks wrote:Well you know, this is what happens when you let members of your council sexually harass your members. You can't let your council members harass people and then expect those people to behave.

Hi, other spy that I banned last week.

Ever-Wandering Souls wrote:And not only did you fail that, miserably, but you’ve since gone above and beyond to prove to the world how much of an ass you are, with further IC actions and OOC accusations designed to target those who executed your ban.

I'm not sure where *I* get warned for defamation exactly, but false harassment accusations have been part of this player's meltdown. They are easily disprovable, and have been so to anyone who has bothered to ask. Do not be part of the problem by taking everything you hear at face value and without evidence. I won't go much further into these baseless accusations here, but I'll end by saying we've got a region that is quite diverse in gender, race, orientation and more for a reason, and that reason is *not* that we allow people to do such things.

Santas Elf wrote:TBH should really remember the thing about throwing rocks in glass houses. Maybe they should look back and reflect on their own behavior. I gave two weeks for the council to deal with and address a serious behavior issue of a different member to me and nothing was done and that was reason for this release. If I can't have justice with TBH admitting and disciplining their favorites for inexcusable actions, I will get justice my own way to move on. Also one of your fellow council members did say they didn't care about this being released. Thought they spoke for the council about it.

Nothing was done because you have consistently been in the wrong. I'm not going to completely get into a pissing match with you about your disciplinary record here in public, but you know as well as I do that every complaint you've had has been looked at by the complete council, and that that eventually included bringing CoE in as an uninvolved mediator.

I trust that our newest council member, who's appointment likely pushed you over this cliff, will continue his hard work revitalize parts of our program that slacked a bit in the run-up to Sygians retirement.

I would say if I were to have made claims they wouldn't have been baseless and would have had logs showing that it occurred. Even if the council may have seen that it didn't see it fitting their narrow minded definition there is no way that they would have been able to see it as excusable behavior as several people would have said.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Fauxia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:21 pm

Do accusations of sexual harassment with no evidence fall under the category of defamation, by any chance?

Look, I’m no raider (in fact, I’ve only ever defended, something I should really get back into the habit of doing on weekends), but this is honestly kinda scummy. I understand you don’t like TBH, but I mean, really? NS is not a real war, leaking is dirty play.

Maybe this is why I originally got “raiderist” on Unibot’s GP test...

No one is ever going to trust you again, OP
Last edited by Fauxia on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Panzer Vier
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Panzer Vier » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:24 pm

Docking points here for only coming up with 7 things.
And the fact that it's merry christmas to natives of seven specific regions, rather than 'everywhere'
And the lack of variety in the actual list- at least spice things up by not making all of them functionally identical except for the attached number :roll:

Congrats on cementing that pariah status, though. Hope it serves you well.

e: I've been informed that we're not even talking about seven whole regions. So yes. Merry christmas to that very limited subset of NS. You can sleep slightly safer at night, knowing the spooooooky raiders have been thwarted for good :]
Last edited by Panzer Vier on Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~Derps Vytherov~
I mess with code on occasion, so check this out, kthx!

Want to know something about r/d? Just ask! ^^

Santas Elf
Civil Servant

Ex-Nation

Postby Santas Elf » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:25 pm

Reventus Koth wrote:You don't need to say it was me, obviously you're aware of the repercussions of attaching my name to the accusation. Coward.

I clearly told you to stop spreading the lies, because Arks evidently bought it hook, line, and sinker.

I don't understand what you are saying. But if there were to have been cases of sexual harassment I would have to say that by NS being inactive and not allowing actions that occur off site to be discussed or talked about on site they then take the side of the sexual harasser allowing them to hide on site and continue their behavior. Also the number of false claims of it are extremely low and usually involve a power dynamic of a boss and an employee under them though.

Reploid Productions
Director of Moderation

Founded: Antiquity
Democratic Socialists

Postby Reploid Productions » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 pm

The Arks wrote: this is what happens when you let members of your council sexually harass your members. You can't let your council members harass people and then expect those people to behave.

Funny, this doesn't look like the Getting Help page where such accusations belong.

Otherwise, we're stopping this tempest in a teacup here. You wanna insinuate, imply, or outright claim "So-and-so did $really_bad_thing!", this is not the place for it.

~Evil Forum Empress Rep Prod the Ninja Mod
~She who wields the Banhammer; master of the mighty moderation no-dachi Kiritateru Teikoku
Forum mod since May 8, 2003 -- Game mod since May 19, 2003 -- Nation turned 20 on March 23, 2023!
Sunset's DoGA FAQ - For those using DoGA to make their NS military and such.
One Stop Rules Shop -- Reppy's Sig Workshop -- Getting Help Page
[violet] wrote:Maybe we could power our new search engine from the sexual tension between you two.
Char Aznable/Giant Meteor 2024! - Forcing humanity to move into space and progress whether we goddamn want to or not!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Gameplay