NATION

PASSWORD

The Skyrim/Elder Scrolls thread

A coffee shop for those who like to discuss art, music, books, movies, TV, each other's own works, and existential angst.

Advertisement

Remove ads

What is your favorite Skyrim hold?

Whiterun
25%
Hjaalmarch (Morthal)
3%
Falkreath
10%
The Pale (Dawnstar)
3%
The Reach (Markarth)
14%
Haafingar (Solitude)
15%
Eastmarch (Windhelm)
6%
Winterhold
6%
The Rift (Riften)
18%

Total votes : 310

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:28 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Zanera wrote:
You get to mantle a god in Shivering Isles, whilst in KotN you put on some genocidal dick's armor and kill some Ayleid dick again.

> Implying the Ayleids didn't deserve it.

They were just misunderstood.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:33 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Zanera wrote:
You get to mantle a god in Shivering Isles, whilst in KotN you put on some genocidal dick's armor and kill some Ayleid dick again.

At one point he was slaughtering Khajit until he figured out they weren't elves.
The Ayleids deserved it (there was actually Aedra-worshipping Ayleids but they got beat out by the Daedric-worshipping Ayleids. Might have made a difference...maybe.), but the above leads me to believe he didn't distinguish the differences between Mer all that often.
Last edited by Zanera on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Virginia Confederacy
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Skyrim

Postby Virginia Confederacy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:34 pm

Man, back when I had an xbox 360, I used to play Skyrim all the time. I built a really big house at the place in snowy area by the ocean. Sorry I ain't able to give exact location, it's been way too long.
It's too bad. I really miss that game. :(

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 pm

Ism wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

"According to legend, the Ayleids literally turned cruelty into an art form, and many Daedra-worshipping Ayleids across Cyrodiil derived strange pleasures from "art-tortures".
Typically, Ayleid kingdoms where the most malevolent Daedric Princes were worshipped also proved to exhibit the worst treatment of their slaves.[18] Various settlements became famous for their particular, elaborate method of torturing their slaves, such as "wailing wheels", "gut gardens", "flesh-sculptures", and forced ingestion of hallucinogenic drugs, as well as nighttime "tiger sport", which involved the immolation of human children"

Oh, sorry humans, you just don't understand how much I want to burn your children alive for funsies :^)
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:40 pm

Zanera wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

At one point he was slaughtering Khajit until he figured out they weren't elves.
The Ayleids deserved it (there was actually Aedra-worshipping Ayleids but they got beat out by the Daedric-worshipping Ayleids. Might have made a difference...maybe.), but the above leads me to believe he didn't distinguish the differences between Mer all that often.

> Implying Khajiit don't deserve it :^)

He was only trying to rid the franchise of furries, can't really blame him for that. :^)
Last edited by Salus Maior on Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Traditionalist Catholic, Constitutional Monarchist, Habsburg Nostalgic, Distributist, Disillusioned Millennial.

"In any case we clearly see....That some opportune remedy must be found quickly for the misery and wretchedness pressing so unjustly on the majority of the working class...it has come to pass that working men have been surrendered, isolated and helpless, to the hardheartedness of employers and the greed of unchecked competition." -Pope Leo XIII, Rerum Novarum

Bathmatia Home of Anarchy
Secretary

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bathmatia Home of Anarchy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:42 pm

I am a horror fan
I'm just here for the lollies

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:45 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Zanera wrote:

He was only trying to rid the franchise of furries, can't really blame him for that. :^)

The Khajit have warred with Valenwood when the Altmer weren't making us allies, and it's theorized the Khajit genocided the Bird-Men in Cyrodiil so I'm not going to go on about the Khajit. He could have been killing Bosmer. Though, if you're willing to go to Ayleid cities which have that freak-ass artwork...eh, IDK.

Bathmatia Home of Anarchy
Secretary

Founded: Nov 24, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Bathmatia Home of Anarchy » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:47 pm

Zanera wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

The Khajit have warred with Valenwood when the Altmer weren't making us allies, and it's theorized the Khajit genocided the Bird-Men in Cyrodiil so I'm not going to go on about the Khajit. He could have been killing Bosmer. Though, if you're willing to go to Ayleid cities which have that freak-ass artwork...eh, IDK.

I just like your flag
MURICA

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:49 pm

Bathmatia Home of Anarchy wrote:
Zanera wrote:

I just like your flag
MURICA

Freedom happens.

Ism
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Ism » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:01 pm

Salus Maior wrote:
Ism wrote:

"According to legend, the Ayleids literally turned cruelty into an art form, and many Daedra-worshipping Ayleids across Cyrodiil derived strange pleasures from "art-tortures".
Typically, Ayleid kingdoms where the most malevolent Daedric Princes were worshipped also proved to exhibit the worst treatment of their slaves.[18] Various settlements became famous for their particular, elaborate method of torturing their slaves, such as "wailing wheels", "gut gardens", "flesh-sculptures", and forced ingestion of hallucinogenic drugs, as well as nighttime "tiger sport", which involved the immolation of human children"

Oh, sorry humans, you just don't understand how much I want to burn your children alive for funsies :^)

See, now you get it.
Last edited by Ism on Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pilarcraft
Senator

Founded: Dec 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Pilarcraft » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:22 am

Zanera wrote:
Salus Maior wrote:

I keep thinking "How does some genocidal cyborg from the future mistake Khajiit for Bosmer", but I think he killed from the Ohmes.

that aside, ignoring Skyrim, the Khajiit aren't really innocent all things considered. I mean, no race is, but the Khajiit are too supremacist for a bunch of anthropomorphic felines
The Confederal Alliance of Pilarcraft ✺ That world will cease to be
Led by The Triumvirate.
OOC | Military | History |Language | Overview | Parties | Q&A | Factbooks
Proud Civic Persian Nationalist
B.P.D.: Dossier on parallel home-worlds released, will be updated regularly to include more encountered in the Convergence.

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:55 am

Dunmer culture is more moral than Khajiit, and the Dunmer think Boethiah and Mephala are absolutely fantastic.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:12 am

Zanera wrote:
Prumia wrote:All this talk about Oblivion DLC has me thinking about Knights of the Nine again... Shivering Isles was way better, of course, but Knights was not bad either. But you never hear anyone mention it and Skyrim only brought it up long enough to say it happened.

Like I said, Shivering Isles was way better, but Knights of the Nine still had its moments. That final fight with Umaril is one of my favorites in gaming.
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

Salus Maior
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Salus Maior » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:41 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness wrote:Dunmer culture is more moral than Khajiit, and the Dunmer think Boethiah and Mephala are absolutely fantastic.

Relevant: https://www.deviantart.com/art/Skyrim-S ... -298019821

Ashurelen
Civilian

Founded: Nov 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ashurelen » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:46 am

I just wanna say that the entire TES universe is set in the dream of a Sleeping Schizophrenic. None of it is real,
Queen Ayrenn is a Ayleid Mining vehicle from the 9th Era.
Pelinal is a terminator/Robot sent from the future to protect St. Alessia.
Vivec and Talos are true gods
Talos is Lorkhan.
#LorkhanDidNothingWrong

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:18 pm

Pilarcraft wrote:
Zanera wrote:

I keep thinking "How does some genocidal cyborg from the future mistake Khajiit for Bosmer", but I think he killed from the Ohmes.

that aside, ignoring Skyrim, the Khajiit aren't really innocent all things considered. I mean, no race is, but the Khajiit are too supremacist for a bunch of anthropomorphic felines

Supremacist? I haven't looked very much into Khajit history, so all I know is that they may have genocided a race ages and ages ago, so I'm not sure how else they could be supremacist.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Mon Dec 11, 2017 6:34 pm

I took a glance at Khajiti history/lore and they seem more inclined to be humble rather than supremacist to me. I'm sure there's a few prideful Khajit, but they don't even seem as stuck-up as the Dunmer.

I also read some Altmer/Summerset Isle-related lore and their society seems to be based on being smug assholes, so I stand by my Altmer-related assertions.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Dec 12, 2017 6:47 pm

Is it just me, or are almost all the Bosmer-style armors aesthetically-challenged? (I don't play ESO. If I did, I'd ride a bear tho)

https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/clothing-by-style/#Wood_Elf
https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/medium-by-style/#Wood_Elf
https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/blacksmithing-by-style/#Wood_Elf

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:07 pm

Zanera wrote:Is it just me, or are almost all the Bosmer-style armors aesthetically-challenged? (I don't play ESO. If I did, I'd ride a bear tho)

Chop down a tree and nobody cares, but put one skull on your head and everyone flips out!
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:21 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:
Zanera wrote:Is it just me, or are almost all the Bosmer-style armors aesthetically-challenged? (I don't play ESO. If I did, I'd ride a bear tho)

Chop down a tree and nobody cares, but put one skull on your head and everyone flips out!

I know Bosmer probably ain't known for wearing heavy armor, but it still looks dum tho.

The first Galactic Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 27, 2014
Anarchy

Postby The first Galactic Republic » Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm

Only plant eating netch farts would insult glorious Bosmer fashion.
Last edited by The first Galactic Republic on Tue Dec 12, 2017 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TG me about my avatars for useless trivia.

A very good link right here.

Zanera
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Zanera » Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:14 pm

The first Galactic Republic wrote:Only plant eating netch farts would insult glorious Bosmer fashion.

Only salad-eaters are incapable of being self-deprecating.

The dark brother hood 1
Lobbyist

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The dark brother hood 1 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:14 pm

what is your favorite character race that you played with, and what have you accomplished with that character in Skyrim?

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:55 pm

The dark brother hood 1 wrote:what is your favorite character race that you played with, and what have you accomplished with that character in Skyrim?

Dunmer (my main character in Morrowind, my second pick in Oblivion) and not a thing in Skyrim since I never made a Dunmer character for Skyrim.
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Arts & Fiction