NATION

PASSWORD

Attack at Crentari [FT] | [OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 22, 2009
Ex-Nation

Attack at Crentari [FT] | [OPEN]

Postby The Xzarian Union » Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:49 am

Crentari, 2247 XT (Xzarian Time).........

The day was hot as usual on arid Crentari. The penal slaves were sweating as they slammed away at the hard rock in the great mines that lined the planet. The cities were bustling with activity as usual, as speed cars screamed through the air, and the King looked over the city from his large spire stretching far into the sky. As the day drifted on like any other, hot and profitable, the sky was suddenly darkened, and as people on the western side of the planet, gazed in amazement at the large object drifting across the sky, a sudden dark, and cold message reigned across the large media center; a gray skinned, pointy eared, and fanged individual, sat at a desk, and glared into the screen, he announced, in a cold, dark and almost evil way; "We are the Var, your planet, your empire, and your populous belongs to us, resistance would be unwise, and utterly, futile."

The screen went to a black and white fuzz, as the crackle made it's sound. The ship that had drawn attention from so many around the world, then maneuvered in a way that seemed impossible, and it released a large beam of light, which quickly reached the surface and began ripping and tearing through the arid crust of Crentari. It threw the large crust pieces into the air, and into the buildings of Duk' Uhmar. The King watched in utter horror, and while attempting to send a transmission to the Imperial fleet was killed by a flying chink of debris. The military officials scrambled to radio the fleet, and rest of the Union, and in the meantime attempted to scramble small defense craft which were ripped apart and into shreds by enemy missiles.

Orbit of Xzarania Prime, I.S.S Kenvor.......

"Systems analysis Mr. Neve"

"Ready captain"

"Warp capability?"

"Ready"

"Communica----"

"Sir, we're picking up a priority three message from Crentari"

"A priority three?!"

"Yes sir, it's cryptic, but it's important"

The communications officer then tapped the pad in front of her, and the message played, crackling, "Crentari, reques...(crackling).... assistance, large.....(crackling).......attacking.....(crackling)......Priority three, help from flee......(crackling)...... eeded"

The bridge crew listened in silence, curiosity and some fear, and the captain then spoke; "Send the message to the Ministry of War, have them listen to it"

"Sir, they already have it, they just sent us a priority three message"

"Let's hear it, put in the view screen"

The screen lit and the Minister of War was sitting there, after looking for a few seconds he began to speak;

"This message is being sent to the entire seventh fleet, under the command of Admiral Harven, there has been a suspected attack on Crentari in the Jorken' Ber sector. We do know that whatever it is is large, but visual displays were destroyed, this strike group is on a mission to search and destroy, and you are all under direct imperial order from Valdamar himself. Make the Union, and Empire proud, and complete your mission, or die trying."

The screen once again went to the scenic view of oceanic Xzaras Prime, the captain then turned to his crew, and sat in his chair, and with a slight cocky smile he said;

"You all heard the man, Crentari is in need of help, Mr. Tiber, take us out of dock and go immediately to warp nine, and plot the course for Crentari.."

"Yes sir"

The ship then detached itself from dock, and went into line with the rest of the fleet, as they all sat ready to jump to warp, the first ship; I.S.S Auborn made the first bang to warp, followed by ship after ship, and eventually the I.S.S Kenvor. As the ships dropped out of warp, and went into the area, they were in awe at the massive ship pummeling the surface the surface of Crentari, the admiral of the fleet then announced a message to the fleet, giving coordinates and targets as the fleet maneuvered and shot beam cannons and ion torpedoes at the ship. The enemy vessel then fired another large beam, this time directed at the Imperial Fleet, and destroyed two ships; the I.S.S Oven, and then I.S.S Bener, in one foul swoop.

The captain of the Kenvor stood in shock at the quick death of two battlecruisers, and turned to the weapons officer; "Fire everything you've got!"

((OoC: Please feel free to jump in, and please note that Crentari is extremely close to Xzaras Prime, but is also in the very interior of the Empire, so you can't just willy nilly jump to it.))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Re: Attack at Crentari [FT] | [OPEN]

Postby The Xzarian Union » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:43 pm

((OoC: Bump.))

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Thu Jul 23, 2009 3:53 pm

((OOC: Tag, I'll replace this with my IC post in a bit. By the way, this idea reminds me of the new Star Trek movie for some odd, inexplicable reason. ;) ))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Thu Jul 23, 2009 4:00 pm

Avenio wrote:((OOC: Tag, I'll replace this with my IC post in a bit. By the way, this idea reminds me of the new Star Trek movie for some odd, inexplicable reason. ;) ))

((OoC: Meh, not really what I had in mind, it was more of a planned war between me and the Var, which take the place of the borg, except less, well, incoherent and drone like lol.))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:22 pm

((OoC: For teh lulz, I'll bumpety once more))

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:16 pm

((OOC: I know, it just (in my mind anyways) sounded a lot like the premise for the main plot. Anyhoo, here's the IC post.

A disclaimer to any IRON nations that may be reading this, my ship is spying in IRON space to explain why it would be near the Krentari system, and I have no intention of actual espionage. ))

NGC-6392a - 2.4 AU from Krentari

In a long, cold orbit of the main luminary, the covert-ops cruiser Elysium sat in wait.
They had been scouting the border regions near the IRON FTLi when they picked up the faint transmissions bleeding outwards, and decided to investigate.

Upon entering the system and detecting the aggressor fleet, they had powered down all non-essential systems and activated their stealth measures and entered a long orbit, essentially invisible against the black expanse. What unfolded before the pacifistic Theline shocked them to the core.

Commandant Strato watched the assault with a mixture of shock and disgust, his marine mammalian skin becoming cold and clammy, his crest turning a sickening green, until the point when he couldn't stand idly by. He turned to his first officer, Lieutenant Ano'pro'mori, and gave a command;

"We cannot allow this to continue. Bring us in, full colours. I want them to realize that we're here and we're not about to tolerate this ... atrocity."

The jellyfish-like Ghia hummed in agreement, and interfaced with the holographic display, resurrecting the dormant ship.

The Elysium sprung into life, running lights illuminating the hull as main power came online, at which point the vessel's powerful pulsar drives kicked in, lurching the 800m long vessel into motion.
Space itself warped around the bow of the vessel as it picked up speed, aimed on an intercept course to the aggressor fleet.

As soon as the aggressor fleet was within one AU, the Commandant turned once more to his first officer;

"Bring the dorsal ultraviolet array online, arm gravity accelerators two through six with neutron missiles and bring plasma shields to 60% capacity. Hail the aggressor, all frequencies."

The Ghia hummed once more, turning to the console to activate said systems.

"This is the Theline Dominion vessel Elysium. You are hereby requested to cease fire on the nearest planet, and stand down. The inhabitants of this planet are defenseless, and we cannot stand idly by as you slaughter them. You have two minutes to power down your weapons systems, or we will retaliate on their behalf. We await your reply."

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:21 am

Avenio wrote:-Snip-

((OoC: Are you haling the Vor or the Xzarians? I'm asking because you mentioned a 'fleet' in there, and while the Cor has fighters, they haven't deployed them yet))
Last edited by The Xzarian Union on Sat Jul 25, 2009 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Sat Jul 25, 2009 10:04 pm

((OOC: The Vor, I just wasn't sure how many ships they had.))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:30 am

Avenio wrote:((OOC: The Vor, I just wasn't sure how many ships they had.))

((OoC: Okay then, I'll make my post.))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Sun Jul 26, 2009 6:54 am

The Vor captain looked at the view screen, and listened to the message play. While listening, he picked up his Vorian froth drink, and gulped silently while staring at the screen with the humanoid, which the Vor simply called; Race 436. As the message played, three quarters of the way into it, the captain turned to his commander, and with a slow, yet deep voice he simply relayed; "Destroy that ship". The commander did the Vor salute, and went over to the weapons console, he tapped the holographic buttons and locked onto the enemy vessel, the final tap on the pad was all it needed, and within seconds hundreds of small missiles flew out of the rear of the ship, and sped to the enemy ship.

"Keep firing!"

"Weapons are down captain, as well as shields, and the hull is buckling!"

"Get them fixed, if this ship is going down it's going down firing!"

Engineer crews ran through the half decimated corridors of the decks, moving quickly to contain the massive amounts of fire, and plasma that was leaking out of the destroyed systems. The death toll on the ship was so bad, that even the now nearly bare skeleton crew was unable to run it successfully. But, as the engineers worked, and labored to get the weapons back online, nearly the entire vessel shut down, just to make the necessary power for the ion torpedoes and beam cannons. As weapons slowly came back online, and the captain stared painfully at the fleet being destroyed so simply by the stationary enemy, he gave the order, that everyone on the Kenvor hoped they would never hear;

"Prepare for omega six, I repeat, prepare for omega six" the ship fell silent, as the weapons officer, and the maneuver officer began the preparations. The ship, one of now the last in the entire seventh fleet, barreled towards the enemy at full steam, and the beam cannons, began shooting at everything on the ship, hitting and slicing the thick outer hull of the target. Ion torpedoes began firing, one after the other, slamming into the enemy.

After the last torpedo was fired, and the final bit of energy from the weapons had been used, the ship then went into a small opening, and wrecked itself into the side, fire engulfed the once mighty Kenvor, the hull itself, and everything in the ship or even outside went flying, and floating into the plating of the Vor ship.

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Tue Jul 28, 2009 8:33 am

Bumpety for teh Lulz.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:05 pm

OOC: May I enter this thread? I am interested in this.

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:42 pm

((OOC: Xcarian, I owe you one post, work's been hectic in the last day or so, I apologize for the delay))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:45 pm

Telros wrote:OOC: May I enter this thread? I am interested in this.

((OoC: Sure, please do, the more the better.))

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Wed Jul 29, 2009 1:46 pm

Avenio wrote:((OOC: Xcarian, I owe you one post, work's been hectic in the last day or so, I apologize for the delay))

((OoC: Meh, it's understandable. Take you're time.))

Avenio
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Avenio » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:24 pm

((OOC: As a side note Xzarian, I wouldn't try to enter the Arcturus Incident thread, its pretty much dead anyways. What I'd recommend is that you join the new discussion thread TRIAD wanted to make, then you can join in the conversation right at the beginning.

By the way, you have to have the most difficult name to spell I have ever seen Xzarian :) ))

As the Elysium sped to the rescue of the devastated planet, its sensors picked up a burst of fire from the antagonist fleet. The tactical officer, as usual, was the first to pick it up.

"We have a wave of missiles, fourty, correction, fifty plus on an intercept course, moving at 0.004% c."

Commandant Strato pressed the intercom on his chair and spoke;

"Attention all crew, set condition one throughout the ship. All combat personnel move to action stations and brace for impact."

All over the eight hundred metre long ship crews scrambled into place, sealing off bulkheads and encrypting systems, preparing for any action.

Turning to the bridge crew, Strato added;

"Set excisor cannons to AFC-1, wide spread, ready torpedoes and fire on my mark."

The Ghia lieutenant hummed in agreement, which sent the bridge crew scrambling.

On the exterior of the ship, four delicate looking devices known as excisor cannons blossomed into life, belying their true deadliness. Once the enemy torpedoes were in range, they harnessed the blasts of radiation that belched forth from the ship's pulsar drive and fed it through a gravity lens, creating boiling lances of exotic radiation that raced outwards into the cloud of missiles.

The brilliant flash of light that followed destroyed half of the missiles, rendering them either inert due to the damage to their electronic components or forcing the ordinance inside to detonate, while the remainder sped onward. At this point, the ship's limited point defense systems came online, which consisted of two gyroscopic railguns, firing at the volley of missiles, having little to no effect.

Aboard the Elysium, the ship's proximity alarms went off, signifying the imminent impact of the missiles.

Strato and the bridge crew braced themselves for the impact, unsure of the power of the detonations.

((OOC2: I'm assuming they're nuclear or fusion missiles))

The missiles smashed against the Elysium's shields, sending cascades of aurora-like energy flowing along the outside of the ship as the power distribution systems struggled to contain the amount of raw energy siphoned from the pulsar drive. Several power relays onboard the ship failed, flooding several compartments volatile plasma coolant, but were contained by the bulkheads.

The ship continued onwards, and aboard the bridge, preparations were being put in place for Elysium's retort.

Strato turned to the fire control officer, his crest turning dark red to show his conviction;

"Run a sensor sweep of the enemy ship, target weapons grids and power systems, fire standard volley."

The Elysium's excisor cannons fired a scathing retort of exotic radiation, this time manifested as a sheet of blinding light rather than a lance of energy, followed by the vessel's main weapons, the neutron missiles. The torpedoes were essentially a singularity drive strapped to a small battery of charged hydrogen.

Once the missile is in range, the hydrogen floods into the engine chamber, rapidly consuming the hydgrogen and destablizing the microsingularity, causing a small but dense explosion that can potentially reach the temperature of the sun.

The missiles sped out of the ventral gravity accelerator, ion trails carving glowing contrails as they arced towards the enemy ship.

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Wed Jul 29, 2009 5:56 pm

Avenio wrote:((OOC: As a side note Xzarian, I wouldn't try to enter the Arcturus Incident thread, its pretty much dead anyways. What I'd recommend is that you join the new discussion thread TRIAD wanted to make, then you can join in the conversation right at the beginning.

By the way, you have to have the most difficult name to spell I have ever seen Xzarian :) ))

((OoC: lol. And okay, on and to your last one, the missiles are basically antimatter missiles, really big boom not much can go against it, the Vor are kind of like the borg from ST, with my own twist ;) , they don't really have emotions or feel compassion, they just basically destroy everything then harvest the debris. Also, I'm not trying to godmod, even my guys can't take them out, but it'll all be explained in the plot))

The Vor ship detected the missiles screaming toward them, watching the sensors carefully, as the blips which showed the enemy weapons barreling towards the vessel. As they came closer, and closer to the ship, captain Senkarn ordered;

"Fire distortion beam, destroy those missiles"

The weapons drone tapped the pad, firing the beam outside the ship. As the beam hit the area of the missiles, they suddenly stopped in their tracks and began disappearing while looking as if they had been caught in a sudden heat wave on Tenverix V. After the beam retracted, and nothing but mere pieces of the missiles were left drifting aimlessly in space, the Vor ship then opened the aft hanger bays, and thousands of tiny spheres came flying out like bees attacking honey.

The spheres fired their small lasers, which would normally be ineffective against a star ship, but together could be a terrible force to be reckoned with. As the spheres spun and dives through space and around the enemy ship, they rapidly shot their lasers trying to hit the ship itself, which had already been damaged by the missiles.

Telros
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 29, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Telros » Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:23 pm

The T.D.S Alexander was one of many ships in the Dominion's fifteen Strike Fleets that were tasked with projecting the power and might of the Dominion. They also patrolled the Dominion's borders, as well as far outside of the Dominion. While being a martial nation with a proud military history and tradition, the Dominion was very interested in the galaxy around them and as such, explored the stars whenever and wherever they could. However, they also believed that if one intended to go into the unknown, they had better do so with enough firepower to keep their crews and ship safe. So, it was that this heavy cruiser was patrolling a boring section of space, cataloging the various anomalies, planets, asteroid fields, and other parts of the system when they were drawn into the conflict within Xzarian space.

The sensor officer was going over the data of the system, barely paying attention as the automated protocol could handle the rush of scientific information that if he had to look at one more time, he would shoot himself to find something exciting in this forsaken sector of space. Evidently, the sensors disagreed with him, as they suddenly gave a soft tone and brought up a dialog box detailing a new location of data. Sitting up, interested, he typed in a couple commands and the screen of various metals and gases was replaced by a chart of energy signatures. There was a rapid spectrum of energy discharges and distortions, but patterns formed at certain times to indicate weapons fire and FTL ruptures in spacetime. Some kind of battle was going on. Double-checking this to be sure, he received the message that the data checked out and then turned to speak to the captain when someone else spoke. It was the communications officer. "Ma'am, we have an incoming transmission coming from a nearby system, reading it to be Xzarian space due to the transmissions that have come from there."

The captain's chair swiveled about to reveal an Anikari with blond hair and green eyes staring at the officer. This was Captain Agatha Swan, one of the many Anikari ship captains in the Dominion fleet. "Understood. On-screen."

"Crentari, reques...(crackling).... assistance, large.....(crackling).......attacking.....(crackling)......Priority three, help from flee......(crackling)...... eeded"

Swan steepled her fingers. "So, it would appear we have another small nation under attack by an unknown force. The galaxy sure is going to hell. Do we have confirmation on this with the sensors?"

The officer nodded. "Yes, ma'am. Patterns in energy fluctuations indicate weapons fire and FTL ruptures."

"Very well. Bring us to Alert Level 3; All pilots are to report to their fighters and Marines are to prepare for boarding actions. Bring shields and weapons online and spin up the hyperdrive. As soon as everything is set, jump."

They all agreed and go to work. The room was filled with red light as the Alert Level 3 was initiated. Crewman ran to their posts as they prepared for full combat action. Pilots pulled on their suits and raced to their interceptors and bombers, while Marines suited up and began to prepare for boarding action, their own or by the enemy. The gravitic shields snapped into place and power was sent to the weapons. The Alexander was now a dangerous machine of war. With the preparations completed, space tore as a swirling white vortex appeared and the heavy cruiser shot into it.

Several minutes later, just as the Vor ship launched it's attack on the Avenio ship. Immediately the alarm sounded as hundreds of fighter craft headed for the unknown ship. Swan spoke calmly as she gave out orders. "All Valkyries and Storm Bombers are to deploy and maintain a perimeter around the Alexander, protecting us from incoming missiles. Target that fighter swarm and fire Shockwave and Swarm missiles then bring us around to the enemy ship and start flying circles around it. All laser batteries are to fire at will."

The Valkyries and Storm Bombers launched out of its hangar bays, moving to take formation around the ship and keep pace with it as it began to head towards the Vor ship. As it did so, various missile tubes opened up and deployed a cluster of missiles which headed for the fighter swarm. They were distanced in such a way to have the first group hit and detonate, before the second group arrived. The first group, upon reaching them, would explode and cause a large shockwave of energy to lash out, destroying any fighters that were caught in the furious explosions. After these had taken their toll, the others came within range and then exploded, only to release miniature swarms of smart missiles, which tracked and pursued any fighter they could find, using their overwhelming numbers to deplete the targets as much as they could. Swan could tell from the moment the screen popped up what had happened. An unknown fleet, probably the Xzarians, was in disarray and looked completely defeated. The other unknown ship appeared to have locked onto this other ship, making it probably an ally or, like them, strangers who were trying to help. As such, the conclusion was that this ship was the enemy.

And she could also assume a message to desist had been given and rebuffed, so an attack order was needed. The heavy cruiser pushed forward and proceeded to do a flyby of the Vor ship, unleashing a hail of powerful blue energy bolts at the ship, seeking to pound it and discover any weaknesses. She held back from any more missiles, wanting to see what the reply would be. The Alexander broke off when it went past the ship and began to take evasive maneuvers, as it began to turn around to engage once more.
Last edited by Telros on Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:26 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:29 pm

((OOC: I'd like to get involved, would another entry be acceptable?))
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

The Xzarian Union
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Xzarian Union » Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:26 pm

Xiscapia wrote:((OOC: I'd like to get involved, would another entry be acceptable?))

((OoC: Go ahead, it's fine.))

*Reserved - IC Post Coming Soon To A Thread Near You*

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents