NATION

PASSWORD

The White House-2017 Washington RP

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:40 pm

Family Theater, Executive Residence, White House

"A dullard?" Denisevich offered with a slight smile. "Seriously there seems to be not much we can do. He's lost his position, and he's not even running for re election if I recall correctly."
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 14, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:42 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

He let out a puff of breath. Setting his mind to the task was doing well in calming him-not fully, but cooling him, at least.

"There has to be something...do we have a phone number for him?"
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

WWFD (What Would Fraser Do?)
Community Choice Award for Nation Role Play: The War Cry of Uncle Sam (OP)
Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)
Recognized By the Community for Exemplary Talent in Nation Role Play: Prolieum

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:46 pm

Denisevich flipped through his phone for a brief moment. "Yes, we have his number." His finger hovered over the dial button.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:48 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

Cal looked up at the screen. "He's talking now, apparently. Is calling on the Senate Floor even....well, I suppose Fowler had to have sent that email somehow." he finished his own question, jaw clenching at the reminder.

A sigh, a long one. His emotions were some kind of twisted stew of...something, now, anger and resignation made an odd mix, absent even everything else. He finally took the phone, and pressed the button.
Male.
Political Views: Classically Liberal Paleoconservative Neoliberal Libertarian Conservative
"We are the Canadian Borg. Resistance would be impolite. Please wait to be assimilated. Pour l'assimilation en Francais, appuyer le numero deux."

Recognized By the Community Miscellaneous Role Play: Washington Political RP (OP)

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 21, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Chewion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:10 pm

Senate

Carter felt his phone vibrating and stepped out of the chamber. Looking he saw it was from the White House. Taking a breath he answered and said “Hello this is Senator Carter.”
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:12 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

Cal nodded to Denisevich, then spoke on the line.

"Senator Carter-I'm glad I could get a hold of you-this is the President. I just wanted to thank you for your support of the balanced budget amendment that we're passing today-it means a great deal to have someone with your experience and record standing with us."
Male.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:17 pm

Outside Senate chamber

Carter mentally prepared himself before replying “Well it’s a joy to speak with you again Mr. President. I thank you for your kind words. I believe if we don’t tackle this issue now then we risk our nations future.”
Last edited by Chewion on Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pro: America, guns, freedom, democracy, military, Trump, conservatism, Israel, capitalism, state rights.

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:20 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

Cal adjusted the phone slightly on his ear.
"I'm glad to hear that, Senator. It is so good to know there are still politicians that stick to principles when they count."

Cal glanced over.

"I've got to go now, Senator, but thanks again. I'll be praying for you and your family, that the tumor turns out all right. God bless."
Male.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:22 pm

Carter

“Well thank you Mr. President. Have a good day sir and tell your wife I said hello.”

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:24 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

"I will. Have a great day, Senator."

Cal hung up the phone and tossed it lightly to Denisevich, noticing Aubrey up against the wall for the first time.

"Carter says hello."

She waggled her fingers back at him.

Reed turned to Denisevich, then turned again to look at the screen, where Egazarian was saying his piece.

"Apparently Egazarian isn't on the sabotage train....maybe I misjudged him."
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:34 pm

"So we have already whipped Breckenridge, Egazarian, and Carter. That leaves Lane and Maria Antonieta seems to be taking care of her."

He smiled a bit.

"For what it's worth, Fowler now stands alone. What should we do with him now..."

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 15, 2013

Postby Pantorrum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 5:43 pm

Fitch smiled.

"I wondered when something about Turkey would be brought up," he chuckled. "That was one big mess. Another mark of the past administrations absolute lack of know how in foreign policy. The single largest foreign affairs disaster in modern history. Now, it can be moved past I think. What happened can't be undone, but we need to show Turkey that we are committed to being an ally and that we don't want to be limited by the misdeeds of the past President. Or President's, rather. We need to do everything we can to invite them back into NATO. I believe the President would be best served to visit in person, and work out our problems. Turkey is a crucial ally and a long time friend. We need to mend that relationship. And by doing so, we can show the rest of the world that their is a new administration and it is not like the last one. That we are focused on fixing prior relationships, and that we wont make these mistakes again. By accepting Turkey back into NATO, and conceding our pride and admitting our mistake, we hold ourselves accountable and prove to everyone that America is back on the world stage again. But that's not all. We can't just wait for Turkey to come around and forgive us. That may take some time, and the strategic advantage of Turkey as an ally will not be available. We need to build other relationships, as well. Expand our horizons, and build closer bonds with Middle Eastern Countries. Pakistan, the UAE, Israel, all countries that we can build new relationships with, and strengthen old ones. Because this will show our adversaries and our critics that we aren't narrow sighted. That we do care, and that we are willing to go out there and fight for new friendships and admit our own short comings. Because as much as they need us, we also need them. We can sit down, and use diplomacy to change the way people see us."

"But just as important is showing the world that we're there to help protect them if they need us. I think declaring war on ISIS, and going to bat for the safety of our allies will help show that. A full scale commit to destroy ISIS at all costs, for the betterment of the world, will show we aren't isolationists and we care about them. And then, withdrawing when the war is done instead of playing police will show them that we aren't out to build an Empire. We do what we do for them and not ourselves. We have a lot to prove and a lot to be forgiven of. Winston did a number on our reputation, but its not to late to fix. Reed is young, exciting, energized. New to the arena of politics, someone who can bring fresh idea's and fresh commitments to the table. He's just the person to mend our relationship with Turkey, strengthen our bonds with our allies, build upon our connections with Russia, and found new alliances with people we'd never before considered. I believe that we have the potential to bring about a new dawn of American Foreign Policy."
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
If you support Capitalism put this in your Sig.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:59 pm

West Wing, White House

Denisevich smiled, and jotted down a few more notes.

"Well Mr. Fitch, I am impressed. Especially since my career began in intelligence."

He finished his coffee.

"Last question before I let you go and pass the information from this meeting on to the President: Do you see this as the culmination of your career?"
Last edited by Sanabel on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:11 pm

Sanabel wrote:West Wing, White House

Denisevich smiled, and jotted down a few more notes.

"Well Mr. Fitch, I am impressed. Especially since my career began in intelligence."

He finished his coffee.

"Last question before I let you go and pass the information from this meeting on to the President: Do you see this as the culmination of your career?"

"Oh, really? I'm embarrassed, I didn't recognize another intelligence man." He laughed, a smile forming on his face. "Do I see this as the culmination of my career? To be honest, yes. I think this is the final, crowning piece of my life. The last thing I want to do before I end my career once and for all." He paused, his face growing more serious. "But this is so much more than the culmination of my career. It's so much more than myself, at all. This is an amazing opportunity for me to help the President. To help America. To help the world. This is about making America safe, about serving every American. My ambition takes a second seat to my dedication to the security of our country, and my respect for the rule of law. Even if I'm not appointed to a senior position, I will be happy. I know you have a lot of places to fill. And any position where I get the opportunity to serve my country in the intelligence community is a position I'd be proud to fill."
Last edited by Pantorrum on Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I expect to pass through this world but once. Any good, therefore, that I can do or any kindness I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now. Let me not defer or neglect it for I shall not pass this way again- Etienne de Grellet du Mabillier
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:16 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

"Well...maybe." Cal was feeling altogether too untrusting at the moment to assume that matters had truly been settled. "People still need to follow through..."

He kept his eyes on the screen for a few moments, tense.

"His wife...that education position is gone. This is impossible without trust. Impossible. There's none there."
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:37 pm

"Sir, I was never planning on contacting her for the position at all."

He coughed to try and clear the tension in the air.

"But everything is out of our hands now with the Fowler situation. Retribution can come later. What we really need is for the independents to vote in favor."

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:43 pm

West Wing, White House

"Mr. Fitch, I know I personally would endorse you to take on the role of DNI. However, it is considered best under the United States Code that you have military experience."

He stood up, prepared to give the man his departing regards.

"So I will speak to the President about this. I believe you are qualified, but he is the boss. If the DNI does not work, we will have other positions in Intelligence requiring appointments, most notably with the CIA and FBI potentially. In the mean time, good bye. Don't forget to catch a tour of the White House before you leave."

He smiled, and showed Fitch to the door.

Pantorrum
Powerbroker

Postby Pantorrum » Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:12 pm

Sanabel wrote:West Wing, White House

"Mr. Fitch, I know I personally would endorse you to take on the role of DNI. However, it is considered best under the United States Code that you have military experience."

He stood up, prepared to give the man his departing regards.

"So I will speak to the President about this. I believe you are qualified, but he is the boss. If the DNI does not work, we will have other positions in Intelligence requiring appointments, most notably with the CIA and FBI potentially. In the mean time, good bye. Don't forget to catch a tour of the White House before you leave."

He smiled, and showed Fitch to the door.

"Thank you very much, sir. I am grateful that you met with me, and I will be sure to do that. You have a wonderful day." He smiled as he exited the office, closing the door behind him. It was true, indeed, that the Director of National Intelligence required, in most cases, military experience. But there were a lot of positions to fill, and Fitch was confident that a man of his experience would receive something.

He turned in his Visitors pass and left the White House without a tour, as he had seen it many times before while serving at senior level positions in the CIA and the ODNI.
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:00 am

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

"There's so many....hold on." Alphonsey had just risen, and begun to speak.

"Blood on its hands." He scoffed. "Partisan drama. Anyways..." He turned to continue his sentence to Denisevich, then saw Alphonsey leave-the rest of the caucus with him.

"Oh, no. You've got to be-" He shook his head, and laughed, bitterly. "This...this is turning into a comedy of disasters. I-this is ridiculous."
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:37 pm

"Hold on. The Progressives leaving makes the threshold lower for this ammendment to pass."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:56 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

Cal rubbed his forehead. "It's not that it's not going to pass, it's-this was supposed to be uniting. We had a Democrat make the bill, we'd have Democrats voting, Republicans voting...and there was supposed to be a Progressive voting there too." He watched the four file out. "Now, well, now we've got battle lines. We can deal with that, but...I thought starting with something that there's eighty percent support on wouldn't need to turn into a partisan bloodbath. There's going to be more than enough of that later."
Last edited by Prolieum on Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Male.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:00 pm

West Wing, White House

Denisevich liked Allen. He seemed a bit idealistic, but that wasn't necessarily a bad thing with such an idealistic president. The big thing he liked about Allen was his no no sense moral compass. Though, a cynic with foreign policy, Denisevich did not very much want him in the CIA or as DNI. What he did want him for was FBI Director. Denisevich did not trust Florrick very much, being a New York Democrat, and Fitch had a good head on his shoulders.

He looked over his notes one last time, then drafted a memo for the President.

From the Desk of the Chief of Staff
Low Security

Mr. President and Cabinet:
I having concluded my meeting with Mr. Allen Fitch. While initially I had brought him in to interview for Director of National Intelligence and Director of the Central Intelligence Agency, I have come to the understanding that he would be best suited or Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation, having a background in law enforcement and briefly in the Bureau itself. I officially endorse Mr. Fitch for this position, and would like to see to it that he is formally nominated as soon as possible, so that his Senate confirmation may take place in a timely manner, in the event that further criminal investigations into the Winston administration take place.

Signed,
Simon Denisevich

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:08 pm

Seeing that the President was visibly upset, Denisevich tried his best to console him, patting him on the upper back.

"Mr. President, I know how badly you wanted this to be multilateral. The fact is, that is not today's political environment. There will be long term ramifications for this ammendment, as I explained earlier, and each party is looking to get on top."

He backed off a bit from the much taller man, physically.

"It was always going to be partisan. Partisanship is politics at this point. At least they seem to be birds of a feather these days. No one said it was going to be easy."

Prolieum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Right-wing Utopia

Postby Prolieum » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:16 pm

January 27, 2017

Family Theatre

The back-patting felt less like comfort, and more like condescension to a frustrated Reed, as if he were a child being consoled. He held it back from his expression, at least, and elected to force himself down into the seat, body still resembling a spring in its tension. He tried to breath out. Didn't work. Closed his eyes and opened them again. He had probably at least respond to Denisevich.

"I suppose you're right." He didn't really, but he was at least saying it. He watched the screen blankly.

"Well, here's the vote. Looks like we're at the end of it."

Aubrey somewhat nervously brushed off some phantom specks of dust on her pants in the corner, watching.
Male.

Chewion
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Chewion » Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:17 pm

Carter

Carter typed up a quick message to Reed saying

I want this amendment but we cannot risk tying up our hands in an emergency. I think I know how we can ensure that future governments only go over in real emergencies.
Last edited by Chewion on Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse