NATION

PASSWORD

List of Nations & Tribes (Sept. 14, 2017 — Nov. 17, 2023)

A place to spoil daily issues for those who haven't had them yet, snigger at typos, and discuss ideas for new ones.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jutsa
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 06, 2015
Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:41 pm

whoops... :blush:
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

"Remember, licking doorknobs is perfectly legal on other planets." - Ja Luıñaí

Unnamedland
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Dec 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unnamedland » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:08 pm

Lilliputia is probably a reference to Lilliput in Gulliver's Travels. Lilliput's citizens being 6 inches tall would also explain the "Giant Lilliputian Rabbit". :p
Join Driselbia!

* There is actually a War on Christmas. But Christmas started it, with it's unparalleled aggression against the Thanksgiving Holiday, and now Christmas has seized much Lebensraum in November, and are pushing into October. The rest of us seek to repel these invaders, and push them back to the status quo ante bellum Black Friday border. -Trotskylvania

D I R E C T R U L E F R O M T I B B L E S

RIP Agentugly/Fred Flea, unjustly deleted
Founder, Defender, Flea

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:55 pm

Many thanks! Updating now.

Also adding some new info I unearthed about scientology. :P

Edit: Also added Zompaboodaland!
Last edited by Jutsa on Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You're welcome to telegram me any questions you have of the game. Unless I've CTE'd (ceased to exist) - then you physically can't do that.

Helpful* Got Issues? Links (Not Pinned In Forum) *mostly: >List of Issue-Related Lists | >Personal List of Issue Ideas | >List of Known Missing Issues/Options |
>Trotterdam's Issue Results/Policies Tracker | >Val's Bonus Stats | >Fauzjhia's Easter Egg Guide | >My Joke Drafts List | >Sherp's Author Rankings

Other Nifty Links: >Best-Ranked Useful Dispatches | >NSindex | >IA's WA Proposal Office | >Major Discord Links | >Trivia | >Cards Against NS | >Polls

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 12, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Trotterdam » Tue Oct 17, 2017 9:42 pm

Unnamedland wrote:Lilliputia is probably a reference to Lilliput in Gulliver's Travels. Lilliput's citizens being 6 inches tall would also explain the "Giant Lilliputian Rabbit".
Yet, it's the Zompa Boodas who are described as pygmies in-game, "as tall as your knee", or about half a meter (probably).

Jutsa wrote:Also adding some new info I unearthed about scientology.
Erm, what? What does that have to do with anything here? (Or even with anything in the religions thread, beyond the vaguest allusions.)

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:13 pm

Just wanted to throw that in.

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:40 pm

This is extremely useful, so it would be good if someone stickied this to the top of the forum.
My Published Issues
Death Note
This is a Modern-Tech nation. We only put a satellite and a man into space so far.
We are a Middle power, so if we die, so will some of the global economy.
We have the 8th largest sovereign wealth fund in the world. (RL world)
Pro: Regulations, Military, Law and Order
Anti: Freedom of speech, Discrimination, CHEWING GUM
Just so you know, I don't think like that. That stuff is roleplaying Singapore (itself, the real life nation)
I have many issues, and you can find the complete list here.

Quote of the year:
Fauxia wrote:Editors aren’t real people.

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Wed Oct 18, 2017 4:35 am

Jutsa wrote:Also adding some new info I unearthed about scientology.
Jutsa wrote:Just wanted to throw that in.
But... what info? I'm not seeing anything about that!

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Oct 18, 2017 8:25 am

Ooh, wait, I meant that I updated the information on faithology.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:33 am

Just bumping this because a) I updated it and b) It's on page 4. :P

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Fri Nov 24, 2017 4:09 pm

Added Althaniq to the list, and updated Brancaland's appearances as well. :)

Trotterdam
Postmaster-General

Postby Trotterdam » Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:34 pm

I updated my own list too.

Althaniq is obviously supposed to be Arab.

I'm not sure what we needed it for, since Maxtopia already had a Middle Eastern flavor and was known to export oil (#449, #534), but maybe it had too much baggage attached. Maxtopia does have an issue with terrorism (#423, #670), but I don't believe they've been specifically accused of funding them, and in fact the terrorists there seem opposed to the government.

Since I see Maxtopia as a mashup of Saudi Arabia and Egypt, I would figure Althaniq for one of the smaller nations from the Arabian peninsula.

Though according to #815 Maxtopia exports mangoes, not something I'd expect to grow in deserts, although it is the national fruit of Pakistan.
Last edited by Trotterdam on Fri Nov 24, 2017 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sat Nov 25, 2017 8:20 am

So I had made this draft that I later found out to be the same as #691, which I just got.
Aside from that, though, I have a couple of new nations to add to my list. >:3

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:17 pm

Added something for Brancaland. Also, bumping for people looking for nations. :P

Candlewhisper Archive
Senior Issues Editor

Founded: Aug 28, 2015
Anarchy

Postby Candlewhisper Archive » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 am

In fact, Althaniq is pretty much NS Qatar, with the name link being the House of Thani that has ruled it. So pretty much "The Thani", with an added q on the end, because why not?
editors like linguistic ambiguity more than most people

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:20 am

Updated Althaniq's information, then. :P

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:14 am

Bump for ease of access~

Australian rePublic
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 18, 2013

Postby Australian rePublic » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:30 pm

But there is no 14th mon... oh wait, American date format. You're better off writing the date as Sept 14 as American date format can get confusing to those of us who live in countries where dates go before months, especially when you get into the single digits (e.g. is 2/1/18 Jan 2 or Feb 1)

Also, can we please get this stickied
Last edited by Australian rePublic on Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hard-Core Centrist. Clowns to the left of me, jokers to the right.
All in-character posts are fictional and have no actual connection to any real governments
You don't appreciate the good police officers until you've lived amongst the dregs of society and/or had them as customers
From Greek ancestry Orthodox Christian
Issues and WA Proposals Written By Me |Issue Ideas You Can Steal
I want to commission infrastructure in Australia in real life, if you can help me, please telegram me. I am dead serious

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:44 pm

Australian Republic wrote:But there is no 14th mon... oh wait, American date format. You're better off writing the date as Sept 14 as American date format can get confusing to those of us who live in countries where dates go before months, especially when you get into the single digits (e.g. is 2/1/18 Jan 2 or Feb 1)

Also, can we please get this stickied

I concur.
My Published Issues
Death Note
This is a Modern-Tech nation. We only put a satellite and a man into space so far.
Just so you know, I don't think like that. That stuff is roleplaying Singapore (itself, the real life nation)

Quote of the year:

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:17 pm

Ideally if these get stickied, it'd be one thread where I'd have multiple posts for different things. That'd also be useful if I ever decide to track ministers and recurring characters, companies and products, etc.

Edit: Also changed the date format for both. :)
Last edited by Jutsa on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Singapore no2
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Singapore no2 » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:27 pm

Jutsa wrote:Ideally if these get stickied, it'd be one thread where I'd have multiple posts for different things. That'd also be useful if I ever decide to track ministers and recurring characters, companies and products, etc.

Edit: Also changed the date format for both. :)

I think that it is workable. The moderators might agree to this if you consolidate all of your lists.

Edit: Wanna include my "Death Note"?
Last edited by Singapore no2 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My Published Issues
Death Note

Quote of the year:

Merconitonitopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 29, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Merconitonitopia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:14 am

should probably mention that Brancaland has been fairly firmly established to be Canada at this point

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:40 am

Did an overhaul for Brancaland's information. :)

Yeah, I'd consolidate them, but only if it were stickied. I'm honesty not sure if it'd even be possible to consolidate them at this point,
although I think the character limit would probably allow for it... though, there is pretty much information written in the spoilers.

Fauxia
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2016

Postby Fauxia » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:12 pm

Maybe mention that Blackacre has some ties to Violetism
Reploid Productions wrote:Unfortunately, Max still won't buy the mods elite ninja assassin squads to use, so... no such luck.
Sandaoguo wrote:GP is a den of cynics and nihilists
My opinions do not represent any NS governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), any RL governments I may happen to be in (yeah right), the CIA, the NSA, the FBI. the Freemasons, the Illuminati, Opus Dei, the Knights Templar, the Organization for the Advancement of Cultural Marxism, Opus Dei, or any other organization. Unless I say they do, in which case, there is a nonzero chance.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:25 pm

Done.

Jutsa
Negotiator

Capitalizt

Postby Jutsa » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:48 pm

Updated East Lebatuck and added Núi Và Sông. Merry Christmas if you celebrate it. :P

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Got Issues?