NATION

PASSWORD

Holy Romagnan Empire Q&A

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Holy Romagnan Empire Q&A

Postby Rupudska » Sat Nov 04, 2017 8:12 pm

Greetings to the nations of the world!

We, the Imperial and Royal Ministry of Foreign Affairs, welcome you to this public question and answer forum of the Holy Romagnan Empire.

The Empire is a multispecies, federal constitutional executive monarchy in which leadership power is shared by the Emperor and the Chancellor.

The Emperor, His Imperial Majesty Frederick VI, The Empress, Her Imperial Majesty Empress Maria, The Princess, Her Majesty Hanna von Bayern, The Right Honourable Chancellor Erica Bachmeier, The Honourable Defense Minister Lady Minna Dietlinde-Wilcke, and myself, will answer any questions you have to the best of our abilities.

Thank you for your time, and may prosperity come to us all.

In the name of Wir Friedrich VI von Gottes Gnaden Heiliger Römagnischer Kaiser, zu aller Zeiten mehrer des Reiches, König der Deutschen, König von Preußen, Markgraf zu Brandenburg, Burggraf zu Nürnberg, Graf zu Hohenzollern, Souveräner und oberster Herzog von Schlesien wie auch der Grafschaft Glatz, Großherzog vom Niederrhein und Posen, Herzog zu Sachsen, Westfalen und Engern, zu Pommern, Lüneburg, Holstein und Schleswig, zu Magdeburg, Bremen, Geldern, Cleve, Jülich und Berg, sowie auch der Wenden und Kaschuben, zu Krossen, Lauenburg, Mecklenburg, Landgraf zu Hessen und Thüringen, Markgraf der Ober- und Niederlausitz, Prinz von Oranien, Fürst zu Rügen, zu Ostfriesland, zu Paderborn und Pyrmont, zu Halberstadt, Münster, Minden, Osnabrück, Hildesheim, zu Verden, Kammin, Fulda, Nassau und Mörs, gefürsteter Graf zu Henneberg, Graf der Mark und zu Ravensberg, zu Hohenstein, Tecklenburg und Lingen, zu Mansfeld, Sigmaringen und Veringen, Herr von Frankfurt,

I have the honor to remain,
Liesel Poplawski, Honourable Minister of Foreign Affairs

OOC: Karlsland is a Modern and Fantasy Tech nation.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Mon Nov 06, 2017 3:59 pm

"What forms of music are popular in Carolia (Karlsland) or her colonies?"
- Infernian Minister of Culture Victor Vita
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:40 pm

Infernia wrote:"What forms of music are popular in Carolia (Karlsland) or her colonies?"
- Infernian Minister of Culture Victor Vita

"As one would expect, classical orchestra pieces are still popular in a nation that produced some of the world's best. Rock and pop, both modern and classic, are also popular here, as is metal - where again, Karlsland is one of the best places on Earth to find examples of. Hip-hop has been steadily gaining popularity for the past few decades, though it has yet to even come close to dethroning rock and roll. Or musical tunes, for that matter - which I have always found odd how many Karlslanders listen to nothing but musical songs."

"The less said about Schlager the better. The musical equivalent of white bread - Inoffensive, 'enjoyable' by all ages, and as culturally hollow as it is technically."
- Chancellor Erica Bachmeier
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:07 pm

(poke)
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:09 pm

What is the symbolism of your nation's flag?

-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Fri Nov 24, 2017 6:25 pm

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:What is the symbolism of your nation's flag?

"Well firstly, our current flag was designed in a contest after the end of the Second Neuroi War in 1948, by a Danish-Karlslandic lieutenant by the name of Hans Jorgensen, replacing the previous flag by a 15% margin. Both flags in turn take their colors from the flag of the North Karlslandic Federation that preceded the current Empire - black and white for Prussia, red and white for the Hanseatic nations (and more specifically Denmark). The Scandinavian basic design is a reference to how great an influence Denmark has had on Karlsland since its conquest by the Prussians in 1864, and the alternating red-white pattern is a more direct reference to the Hanseatic nations."

- His Imperial Majesty Frederick VI

[OOC: I should also note that the Germanic eagle on my avatar-flag is only on the Imperial Standard version of the flag, the regular version lacks it. The reason the Imperial Standard version is in my factbook is simply because I am lazy.]
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:09 pm

(poke)
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:07 am

Donald J. Bump
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Infernia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 16, 2017
Libertarian Police State

Postby Infernia » Sat Dec 09, 2017 11:12 am

"Just what kind of other sapient species are present in Karlsland?"
Infernian Minister of Extranormal Occurrences Dawn "Miss W" Drake
Last edited by Infernia on Sat Dec 09, 2017 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The United Principalities of Infernia
Overview | The President | Embassy Programme | I’m A Proud Bisexual

"We Are What We Are"

Advocatus Diaboli: Entire Nation Rejoices In The Commencement Of Pride Month  Man Who Lost Arm By Plunging It Into Lava Complacently Refuses To Describe What Lava Feels Like  The Weather: Bright

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:17 pm

Infernia wrote:"Just what kind of other sapient species are present in Karlsland?"
Infernian Minister if Extranormal Occurrences Dawn "Miss W" Drake

"The most common non-human sapient 'species' is the cat faunus, and various mammalian forms of faunus make up the bulk (63.9%) of non-human sapients in Karlsland. The remainder are primarily reptilian, then avian faunus types, then various non-faunus species such as bakeneko, tanuki, and inugami. Other species exist (such as vampires and lycanthropes) however they each make up less than one percent of the population."

"Dragons do exist, but they are exceedingly rare, and no sapient dragon species exists within Karlslandic territory."

- HRM The Empress Maria I
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Vendecati
Bureaucrat

Founded: Dec 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vendecati » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:42 pm

"What is your energy infrastructure like?"
—Giorgio Rossi
Excidium Society Scale: Tech 5, Arcane 0, Influence 3.
Nation info:
Libertarian far-right
Year: 1963 (but has some seventies technology)
No space program (yet)
President: Giorgio Rossi
Player info:
Moderate right, socially centrist.
Pro-Trump
Born in the new millennium
Transgender (female)

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:59 pm

Vendecati wrote:"What is your energy infrastructure like?"
—Giorgio Rossi

"The Empire gets most of its power from nuclear fusion, solid aether, wind, solar, nuclear fission, and coal, in that order."
- HRM Emperor Frederick VI
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Gigaverse
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 26, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Gigaverse » Sun Dec 10, 2017 1:38 am

"What would be Karlsland/Carolia's thoughts on the use of WMDs?"

- a Curator working for the Orchid Pavilion
Art-person(?). Japan liker. tired-ish.
Student in linguistics ???. On-and-off writer.
MAKE CAKE NOT stupidshiticanmakefunof.
born in, raised in and emigrated from vietbongistan lolol
Operating this polity based on preferences and narrative purposes
clowning incident | clowning incident | bottom text
can produce noises in (in order of grasp) vietbongistani, oldspeak
and bonjourois (learning weebspeak and hitlerian at uni)

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:14 am

OOC: Hey Rup! I didn't know you have your own Q&A. :P

“On behalf of His Imperial Majesty and the Middle Kingdom, we would like to make inquiries from the nation of Karsland, a great ally of the Great Qing (Minroz). We also find it necessary to understand how we’re seen in the eyes of other nations. Thus, we’d like to inquire your country’s views on Asian countries in general?”

- Liu Lang, Grand minister of Foreign Affairs
Last edited by Minroz on Sun Jan 28, 2018 4:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017

Postby Kenmoria » Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:04 am

"How does Holy Romagnam view multiculturalism?"
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:50 pm

Gigaverse wrote:"What would be Karlsland/Carolia's thoughts on the use of WMDs?"

- a Curator working for the Orchid Pavilion

"Karlsland does not and will not be a signatory to any treaty or agreement that restricts its right to defend itself - among other things this includes any attempts to use rule of law to reduce the nuclear stockpile, which is meant primarily for planetary defense against a potential return of Neuroi. We also have a sizable stockpile of non-lethal chemical weapons, though most of our WMDs are nuclear weapons. Mercifully few of them are designed to be used against human targets."

- The Honourable Defense Minister Lady Minna Dietlinde-Wilcke

Kenmoria wrote:"How does Holy Romagnam Karlsland view multiculturalism?"

"While some nations may claim that multiculturalism is in and of itself a benefit, we do not - acceptance and tolerance of multiple cultures is well and good, but if one wishes to immigrate to Karlsland one must be willing to at least try to understand and take part in our own culture, and perhaps add some of your own to ours. There are those who disagree with me in the Reichstag of course, but this is my opinion, and my party's policy."

- The Right Honourable Chancellor Erica Bachmeier

MInroz wrote:“On behalf of His Imperial Majesty and the Middle Kingdom, we would like to make inquiries from the nation of Karsland, a great ally of the Great Qing (Minroz). We also find it necessary to understand how we’re seen in the eyes of other nations. Thus, we’d like to inquire your country’s views on Asian countries in general?”

"As a general rule, the Holy Romagnan Empire's foreign affairs ministry prefers not to make sweeping policy judgments on entire continents - that is up to the military. I will say that for the average Karlslander, Asia is broadly five parts - the Far East, which is what Liberions and others from the New World typically think of as 'Asia' - a land of advanced technology and old allies of the Empire such as the Great Qing and Fuso; Southeast Asia, which is seen as an exotic and somewhat unstable region with numerous dangerous groups lurking beneath the surface. Both the military and foreign affairs branches of the government see this region as of critical importance to the Indonesian colony as it shares much with the region culturally and geopolitically, and were any of these groups start a proper war it could negatively impact Indonesia. South Asia is dominated by our Pakistan colony and India, and Karlslanders are divided on both - some see them as ancient lands rich in culture and heritage, some see them as third world nations where the gulf in quality of life only grows larger. Central Asia is heavily romanticized in Karlslandic culture - thanks in part to a series of movies set in a fantasy version of them made in the late 1980s, the Cycle of the Five Kings, but politically Karlsland sees it as nothing more than a new source for tourism. The Middle East's role in the mindset of the average Karlslander is to be a setting for video games and stories set in modern warfare, and to wonder just how the Ottomans continue to exist."

The Honourable Foreign Minister Liesel Poplawski
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Minroz
Powerbroker

Founded: Nov 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Minroz » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:17 am

"This is in regards to international relations between our countries and our Iclamia allies. What are Karlsland's thoughts on our allied countries in our homeworld of Iclamia?

Some of our most important allies like the Nusantara Federation (Not!Indonesia) are quite concerned about the Middle Kingdom's relations with the Holy Romagnan Empire in regards to being a colonial power. In regards to the certain cultures which bears uncanny resemblance to those of Nusantara. Apologies for such a tactless question, we just wish to know of Karlsland's views for better understandings."

OOC: The countries of Iclamia (My AU!Sandbox) who're allying with Minroz tends to be varied, Right-Wing regimes, ranging from monarchies to juntas. Their governments usually range from 80s Korea or Franco's Spain to Lee Kuan Yew's Singapore in terms of authoritarianism. There're democracies but not all are quite as liberal as IRL, due to my AU Cold War settings in modern times. Add to the fact, much of Iclamian counterpart of Asia is essentially in Minrozian's sphere.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information