NATION

PASSWORD

World On Fire: Shadow Ops [OPEN] (OOC/Fantasy WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shikihara
Diplomat

Founded: May 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shikihara » Fri Nov 03, 2017 8:10 pm

Player Character App (Shadow Ops Operative)

Name: Carrie
D.O.B.: June 20th
Physical Description and/or Picture: Image
Species: Werewolf
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Scots-Irish
Religion: Amoral egoism
Bio: a tomboy from the moment she started to talk, Carrie was used to coming home at night with scraped knees and dirty clothes since she was at least six years old. Her sense of adventure and desire to see the world was much stronger than her sister's, who was more timid and preferred to stay at home. When they were nine, Marcie went looking for her and fell into the creek. Their father rescued her, and after that, Carrie became fixated on protecting her sister, never leading her side since. While she never fully restrained her wild nature, the two managed to find a balance between their personalities, a balance which has served them well since.

Her mother passing away shortly after she was born, and her father being a coal miner who worked the next town over, meant he often had to leave them alone for days on end. Like most men of the era, he was uncomfortable discussing womanly issues, meaning Carrie often had to deal with and figure them out on her own. One night, after getting into bed, she showed Marcie a way she had learned to "feel good." the two continued their initially harmless experiments, which began to morph and become less and less innocent. While her sister expressed guilt and fear of being caught, Carrie saw it as confirmation her sister was more than just her sister, and began to develop romantic feelings for her. While she had previously teased Marcie about boys, or joked around whenever one approached her, she now became paranoid and snappy when they did.

One day after coming home late due to being called after class, she came home to find her father's corpse and a crying Marcie. After a tearful confession to Carrie, the latter helped her bury his body and erase any evidence from the house. For a couple of weeks, the two managed to successfully run the house on their own and maintain the illusion their father was away, but the stress became too much and Marcie started to transform regularly. Carrie used an old shed to keep her from being discovered during her transformations. The stress awakened Carrie's own latent inner wolf, and the two realized neither would be able to live their old life.

For a week, the two stole and collected enough for them to live on for a few weeks. They crossed the creek where her sister had almost drowned and started living in the West Virginian hills, coming down while transformed into wolf form and hunting deer, squirrels, and other wildlife that they could find when their supplies ran out. When her sister came across a moonshiner who had set up a still in the woods, Carrie made short work of him, to the horror of her sister.

Around a year later, they accidentally entered into the Armstrong clan's territory. When confronted by a pack of werewolves, Carrie being her brash self, ended up losing a paw and part of her snout (although they regenerated once she reentered human form). The two would have been killed had the clan leader not recognized their scent as similar to his daughter's, and found out they were his grandchildren. He accepted them into the clan, making their lives much easier. Carrie took to the new life like a duck to water, happily getting along with the same family members who ripped her paw off, pleased to know that she now did not have to depend solely on herself or Marcie.

A few years later, when WW2 broke out, Carrie was largely apathetic, expressing some admiration for the brutality of the Axis nations. After Pearl Harbor, Marcie announced she wanted to enlist, and Carrie went along. A discovery she had kept from her sister was that she had developed a liking for human flesh since eating the moonshiner. Her decision to enlist is partially to help her sister, and partially to have a good meal.
Psychological Profile: psychopathic and amoral, Carrie is mainly kept in check by her sister, who she's developed unhealthy feelings for. Out of the two of them, she is the one who has most embraced her wolfish nature, and wants her sister to do the same. A combination of personality and a lack of social etiquette from being raised by Appalachian hill folk makes her less inhibited to express rude sentiment bluntly.
Why do you fight?: for the thrill of the kill, the adrenaline rush and relinquishment to her raw instincts makes Carrie an ideal soldier who will obey her orders without question so long as it involves satiating her blood lust. It makes no difference to her whether Germany wins and overruns remaining free Europe, or whether the Allies win and march to Berlin, she'll get to sink her teeth in no matter what. Because her sister is determined to see the war through, and she can't bear to abandon her, Carrie is less reckless than she'd normally be around her.
Defining Quote: "You'll rue the hand that touched my sister."

Name: Marcie
D.O.B.: June 20th
Physical Description and/or Picture: Image
Species: Werewolf
Nationality: American
Ethnicity: Scots-Irish
Religion: Baptist Christian
Bio: the opposite of her sister in temperament and beliefs, Marcie was a sweet and sensitive child who preferred to remain home and content herself with sewing and tea. However, she regretted she didn't spend time with her sister, who was fond of going out and playing with friends or in the woods by herself. There seemed to be an unbridgeable gap between the two, which she decided to overcome by going out and playing with her sister. While searching for her, she tripped and fell into the creek. Her lungs filled up with water and she fell unconscious, but fortunately her father had heard her cries and rushed to save her. She vaguely remembered lying in a warm bed in a half-conscious state while her sister hugged her and wept how she'd never leave her again. Marcie never discovered whether the experience was real, but true to it, Carrie did as she said, becoming closer to her sister and finding a balance between her roughness and sister's sensitivity.

When she was twelve, her father went to the next town over for work. The night was cold and she kept tucked under the covers. Carrie got into bed with her, not unusual since the two became quite lonely without the other. Then she propositioned "I know a way to feel good and warm." the experience left Marcie blissful and both her and her sister continued to feel warm together whenever their father wasn't around. Eventually, the blissfulness gave way to guilt. She knew very little about what she was doing, but something told her it wasn't right, or would be looked down on, so she never said anything to her father, schoolmates, or teacher. Carrie seemed to change after the experience, becoming more attached to her, now becoming suspicious and ready to snap at boys who approached either her or Marcie.

What she considers the worst day of her life was also the beginning of the rest of it. She had started menstruation, school had become harder and her new teacher sterner, her father became more demanding, and she constantly worried about her relationship with her sister being discovered, made not much better by her sister's boldness about kissing in places where they could be caught. What happened beforehand was a blur, but she remembered her father smacking her, resulting in her transforming into wolf form and killing him, her size destroying much of the kitchen. When Carrie came home, Marcie tearfully confessed and broke down about how she was going to jail. Her sister responded by burying the body, cleaning up the house, and trying her best to erase all evidence.

After the experience, Marcie began to transform regularly. Her sister responded by using the old family shed to keep her contained during transformations. In a few weeks, her sister started transforming too, and they both realized they couldn't live their old life with no room to hide their wolfish secret.

For a week, Carrie stole supplies for them, something Marcie was initially reluctant about, but accepted since there was no alternative. She constantly worried about her transformations, until they finally managed to make their departure. After stealing a map from school, the duo traveled east and began living up in the hills of West Virginia. While lonely, Marcie took comfort in having Carrie with her. When transforming into wolf form, they would come down to hunt deer, squirrels, other wildlife, and possibly some cattle. She came across a moonshiner who had set up a still, and Carrie made short work of him. The experience brought back Marcie's guilt, and she swore never to eat human flesh.

A year later, while moving to new hunting ground after their old one began to see a decrease in wildlife, they were countered by members of the Armstrong clan informing them they were on their territory, and if they did not leave, they would face consequences. Marcie tried being diplomatic, while Carrie got into a fight and paid for it by having her paw torn off and a good portion of her snout mauled. Fortunately, the clan leader appeared, and they were saved by the fact he recognized their scent as similar to his daughter's. It was then that Marcie learned her mother was a werewolf. They were let into the clan due to this blood relation, and Carrie took to it like a duck to water, forgetting her previous enmity towards the Armstrong's, and enthusiastically joining them on the hunt. Marcie, on the other hand, still harbored guilt and doubts.

When WW2 broke out, Marcie began to read the newspapers, hating what was happening in Europe and Asia, and desperately wanting to help the people of Europe. She decided she wanted to help people, and had plans to join the French Foreign Legion, before Pearl Harbor. After that, she decided to fight in the American army, and told her clan she planned to enlist. Carrie accepted, much to her surprise, and went with her.
Psychological Profile: suffering from a Messiah complex and the repressed memories of her patricide. Marcie is extremely optimistic and kindhearted and while she loves her sister dearly, is slightly unnerved at the prospect of being alone with her.
Why do you fight?: to defeat the Axis and save the people of Europe and Asia from oppression.
Defining Quote: "If I don't save the world, who will?"

Since Agri said it was alright, decided to rework my app a little bit.
Hegel wrote:“Spirit certainly makes war upon itself - consumes its own existence; but in this very destruction it works up that existence into a new form, and each successive phase becomes in its turn a material, working on which it exalts itself to a new grade..”

Shikiharan Factbook
Lesbian, Environmentalist, (mostly) Social Democrat, Nationalist, and Japanophile.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sat Nov 04, 2017 6:51 pm

Agritum wrote:While I do my best to jot down this damned summary, I think a very short essay on my condition would help getting things a bit into focus.

Writing when Anxiety is Patological

This year I was diagnosed with an OCD-derived form of generalized anxiety. It didn't come as a surprise: I had felt it ever since high school, where big tests didn't make me sleep at night and I feared the end year marks every summer. It exploded in university and sent me to the strongest depressive state I had ever felt (and still fill the aftershocks of) in my life. My self esteem and will to live were sapped for months. But I made out of it alive and mostly well, when I opened up about it to my parents and they helped me get therapy (which I ended just before August, very happy with the results but not closing it off completely as a path) and regularly prescription meds, which I have been taking since January and will be scaling back soon, hopefully.

I still feel some aftershocks of anxiety and my OCD shows. My neurologist says it is duty-oriented and given that I put study on the highest place in my personal scale, it leads me to forget about or withdraw from activities that haven't got to do with it. Often noxiously.

I often force myself to start writing and fail anyways, because my mind cannot stop urging me to keep reading my textbook for the upcoming exam and throw all 'useless' hobbies away. I often procrastinate because it shuts these thoughts away, but in the back of my head I still constantly think about chapters to do, requirements to fulfill, study days to plan out and painfully respect even in the weekend.

I loathe it all. I want to write more about my dear Abe, Poli and Heim (even if the last one is hilariously enough a likely creative product of my anxiety) and a new character I will introduce in chapter II, but sometimes, this thing just makes it so hard.

I apologize for all the time lost or wasted.

Back to work.

Take your time, Agri.
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Nachfolgia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 19, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Nachfolgia » Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm

Wolf has directed me to this thread.

Military Factbook
The best damn alliance to ever grace NS
Strike witches

Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Rupudska » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:23 pm

Nachfolgia wrote:Wolf has directed me to this thread.

Stop giving Agri false hope that this'll ever come back.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Monfrox
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 25, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Monfrox » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:34 pm

Rupudska wrote:

You know you want to be a part of this again.
Gama Best Horror/Thriller RP 2015 Sequel
Xing wrote:Yeah but you also are the best at roleplay. (yay Space Core references) I'm pretty sure a four man tank crew is no problem for someone that had 27 different RP characters going at one time.

The Grey Wolf wrote:Froxy knows how to use a whip, I speak from experience.

Winner of the P2TM 2013 Best Fight Scene in a Single Post and Most Original Character, and 2015 Best Horror/Thriller Role-player awards.
Achievement

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Rupudska wrote:

This is not going to happens again?
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:36 am

I can make it happen, if you all want. :3
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:02 pm

Wolfenium wrote:I can make it happen, if you all want. :3

Which version?
Axis or Allies?

...reminds back when I found an Axis vs Allies version of Savages on YouTube.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 pm

Sure!

Allies would be nice. And to play just as Allies would limit over-extension.

Wolfenium
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 17, 2010
Father Knows Best State

Postby Wolfenium » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:17 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:

Which version?
Axis or Allies?

Sure!

Allies, prolly. I have a few ideas, arctic, Crimea, etc. :3
Last edited by Wolfenium on Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Name: Wolfenium| Demonym: Wolfener/Wolfen| Tech Level: MT/PMT/FanTech (main timeline) or FT/FanTech
Factbook (under revamping): MT | PT
Characters: Imperial Registry of Houses (PT: Historical Archives)
Embassies: Wolfenium's Diplomatic Quarters - Now open to Embassies and Consulates
National Symbols (Applies for both MT/PMT and FT): Flag (Elaborate)|Anthem

/人 ‿‿ 人\ { Make a contract with me, and save me from the Homu-devil! )

Fascist Republic Of Bermuda
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fascist Republic Of Bermuda » Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:18 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Which version?
Axis or Allies?

Sure!

North Africa
I'd be up for anything
N U T S !

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sun Feb 25, 2018 9:44 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Axis or Allies?

Sure!

So "Operation Haudegen" and "Operation Schatzgräber" suddenly became a lot more than just simple Operations to get weather stations up there in the arctic?

*sinks back into his evil axis corner*

"Don't worry SF Haegler, your time will come...ja, it will come eventually..."

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Feb 25, 2018 3:29 pm

Name: Brian Pádraig McCoy
D.O.B.: 23rd of November, 1922
Physical Description and/or Picture:

Species (if Human, specify if Mundane, Mage, Witch, Minuteman or Esper): Mundane human
Nationality: British
Ethnicity: Irish
Religion (if any): Catholic
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): None
Bio: Brian was born on the 23rd of November, in a small cottage in the city of Belfast, Northern Ireland. He was the 3rd youngest son of a family of 8. His youngest brother, Ryan, deceased when Brian was 8. Poverty was common, with the parents not being able to financially support the family. They therefore looked for work for their young children. He grew up around the famous Harland & Wolff shipyards, where his family worked throughout most of his life. Brian started working in the shipyards when he was 13, and lost some of his hearing during his time there. His family wasn't concerned about the fact that he was partially deaf, because they worked at the shipyards as well and underestimated the impact that heavy work could do.

In an effort to escape his boring life as a labourer, Brian joined the army at the age of 16, lying about his age. He was assigned to the Royal Irish Regiment, where he participated in the battle of Britain, escorting citizens to cover in Birmingham, and getting wounded in the process. His wound was a light one, with shrapnel slashing parts of his right foot open. He was a very ambitious soldier, trying to get a better wage and more respect from his British COs. In an effort to get recognized by the people around him, Brian signed up to become a guard, which was hastily accepted due to a lack of manpower. He joined the Irish Guard regiment in early 1940, and hoped to see active service anywhere around the world.

This didn't happen, though, and because of his lack of patience, he tried to sign up to be a commando. This was viewed with suspicion, due to Ireland's political situation. This didn't help with Brian's patriotism and religion, either. He eventually got an opportunity to serve with the No.8 Commandos. He eventually saw action in the battle of Crete and the battle of Tobruk. Due to his adequacy in battle, he was commended to a commando unit with superhumans.

Psychological Profile: A very jolly, happy man, with a great sense of humour. Not a born warrior, but ready to adapt to circumstances. Not very obedient, and quite an independent thinker. Moderate in a sense, quite religious and patriotic though.
Why do you fight?: Wages/career opportunities
Defining Quote: "Quis Seperabit"
RP Sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=435460
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:49 am

Wolfenium wrote:
Axis or Allies?

Sure!

Somewhere North Africa or Crimea sounds fine to me.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:45 am

Chapter II coming early March.

:D

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:31 am

I think I'll reread the entire IC of this.
It's been some 3 years since I did the last time and it was an enjoyable blast.

Riysa
Senator

Founded: Jan 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Riysa » Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:10 pm

Is this actually going to be reopening? If yes, I've got some ideas I'd like to throw around.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:50 pm

Agritum wrote:Chapter II coming early March.

:D

This is already late February. By early March, do you mean 1st of March?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:59 am

Now I remember why I didn't reread the IC for so long.
It takes an hour and more to read a single page.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:20 pm

Name: Dietrich Ekerhart Haegler
D.O.B.: 11.11.1871
Physical Description and/or Picture: Finally acquired one just for myself
Species (if Human, specify if Mundane, Mage, Witch, Minuteman or Esper): Mundane
Nationality: German
Ethnicity: German
Religion (if any): Former Catholic, now Atheist
Powers/Magical Specializations (Only if Mage, Witch or Esper): -
Bio: Well, what can you say about Dietrich? What did he do in those 71 years of his petty human life? Well, the answer is quite simple. War.

Dietrich was born to a Pommeranian Family of fishermen on Usedom in the year of the German Unification. He was born into a nation known for its militarism, which only picked up more steam as the German Empire enacted its imperalistic politics. So of course it was going to greatly influence him. Anyway, back to his actual life. His family soon moved from Usedom to the Kingdom of Württemberg, one of the states remaining within the German Empire. There the family lived a definitely better life than as poor fishermen, his father getting work from an old local farmer and eventually inheriting the farm because his employer had given it to him in his testament...mainly because he had lacked children to give it to. While living on the farm, Dietrich was of course expected to work hard so they could feed the entire family (he did have a brother as well as 3 sisters).

When Dietrich reached the age of 18, he decided to set out and explore the world. Of course there was one major obstacle to that, being the fact that in Imperial Germany, everyone who reached the age of 18 years and was deemed fit for service was conscripted into the Armed Forces. Dietrich, although he didn't mind joining the armed forces since he had intended to join those anyway as he had been strongly influenced by the militarism of the German Empire. Besides, for many the world was vast and scary with all the opportunities and pitfalls there were. Joining a closed and hierarchical system like the army was nothing uncommon. And thus his journey around the world was cancelled and replaced with a journey to the nearest army barracks.

After he had served his three years, Dietrich had grown comfortable in the world of the army. He stayed, rose to the rank of a NCO and became a drill instructor. Eventually though, he decided that it was time for him to receive a better paygrade so he could have a family of his own like any good conservative "Spießbürger" or "Biedermeier". He applied for an officer course at the Army Academies, using favours he had with some of his superiors as well as bribes with the money he had saved up from his pay to bribe his way into the Academy. While in the academy, he also started hunting for some women, marrying Hildegard Bröhn in 1896. Alas, this marriage was not to last. Dietrich received a son from Hildegard in 1897 but she died during the process of giving birth. Of course Dietrich was devastated by this and became an alcohol addict to cope with the loss, greatly impacting his son's childhood as well as his career.

But eventually he finished the course and making it to an officer position in 1899, things stayed uneventful for him. That was untill the Boxer Rebellion. Dietrich was present during the Emperor's infamous "Hun Speech" and was part of the Expeditionary Force sent to rescue the besieged german diplomatic mission. As the german force came late, they did not actually participate in lifting the siege...but showed much more active in later make the words of their emperor come true. Dietrich also participated in the brutal oppression and execution of local chinese.

It was after his return from China, that Dietrich finally started advancing further through the ranks. By 1914, he had advanced to the rank of Captain and was stationed in Eastern Prussia. He was in contact with his son, whom he had granted access to a high grade education with his officer's salary. His son had apparently fallen in love with an intelligent young girl who was living near his university and they asked if he would agree to their marriage. And although he had his reservations about the young girl, he accepted. It was his only son and a constant reminder of his own short lived love so he couldn't really bring himself to deny him anything. But these joyful events were soon to be a thing of the past. The Great War broke out and sucked Dietrich into its destructive maelstrom. He fought and killed on the eastern in the north, beating back the russian hordes before eventually getting some holidays in 1916 which he decided to spend with his son and his family. There he learned that the two had also brought a child to the world. What a nice little fellow.

But war would not leave him to the joys of being with his family. Romania entered the war on the side of the Entente and the German Army scrambled everyone they had to close that gap, to fill the line and hold the front. Among those who had their holidays cut short was Dietrich. He was promoted to major and send down south to aid Falkenhayn in the fighting for Transylvania. It was here that he made first contact with the occult. Although the masquerade was still up, paranormal beings were participating in the fighting in secret. Besides, they were fighting in Transylvania, they were bound to encounter unnatural occurances, missing soldiers and other events like this. He did not know exactly that vampires were behind this but the tales of frightened locals and the rare occasion of a blood drained body being found did cement his beliefs that something was inherently wrong here. But he pressed on, simply trying to tighten security to avoid the beasts' attacks.

In 1917, as the Central Powers' Forces were on the verge of their greatest victory, the ultimate defeat of Russia, he received news which broke his heart. His son had been conscripted to supply the war in the west with his flesh and blood. He knew the meat grinder that was the western front and he had no illusions as to his son's future should he remain there and so he tried everything in his power to get him away from there. Alas, it was all of no use. Summer of 1918 he received a letter informing him that he was killed in action. Apparently he had been stationed in a forward trench which had been completely eradicated overnight by some sort of beast. It broke the man that was Dietrich and when he received a letter telling him that his son's wife had committed suicide upon hearing of his death, he entered a state of near suicidal depression. In 1918 he ended the war in the east but he refused to be interned by the Romanians. He didn't trust them and how could he, considering that they had been defeated only to declare war again a day before the cessation of hostilities? Romania to him was like an onlooker, who decided to enter a boxing ring with two fighters to hit one of the fighters from behind and would receive a fist in return knocking him out, only to crawl back onto his feet when the fight had progressed to the near defeat of one of the boxers so that he could hit him in the back again.

So he joined a young Lieutenant by the name of Dirlewanger and his machine gun company in their escape back to Germany, past the romanian authorities. Back in Germany Dietrich was at first aimless. He joined a Freikorps in Latvia and fought there before eventually returning to Germany with the end of war in the Baltic States. Unlike many of his Freikorps comrades, he hadn't been so stupid to refuse the return to Germany and was thus still a citizen of Germany and even though he was not part of the military anymore, his former rank as major quickly assured him a place in the new Reichswehr. During the interwar era, Dietrich participated in right wing coups like the Kapp-Lüttwitz-Putsch but eventually saw the futility of these actions and concentrated on his work with the Reichswehr and educating his orphaned grandson. He was mildly supportive of the NSdAP but still kept voting for the DNVP.

With Hitler's rise to power, Dietrich had once again hope for Germany regaining its righteous strength and territory. He helped, the supported, he readied the war machine which he had helped to keep oiled throughout the years of peace. He didn't care much about the anti-semitic laws and regulations which were passed, not for the racial discrimination. Of course, like many of the soldiers deployed on the eastern front, he had developed a severe case of racism but it was not particularly against the jews. Still, he let it happen and even aided the anti-semitism whenever he saw personal gain within it. He could excuse and work with nearly any inhumane policy of the new rulers. The only thing he really objected about was the neo-paganism they propagated. He had given up his belief in god long ago, during the great war. And he would not allow for some heretical idiocy to swell up again, atleast not within the ranks of the men under his command.

But there was a breaking point. And for Dietrich it was reached when the NSdAP cadres introduced him along with other members of the Wehrmacht staff to their new comrades and assets. They were introduced to mages, witches, vampires and werewolves. Already the mere sight of these creatures made his blood boil and a silent rage swell up within him. He could not believe how close their relationship with the leading cadres was. They were the true enemy! They were humanities' adversaries in its fight for its true potential! How could they ally with these inhuman creatures? And yet, there was little he could do. He stayed quiet, helped out planned for the upcoming war and integrated the rapidly developed and produced new weapons into his troops. He also was in Spain just to get a feel for the new kind of warfare they were about to start. Here he met Dirlewanger again and they were a common sight in Spain.

And then the war began again and he led a Division through Poland. Yugoslavia was next on the list and after that he was deployed to Greece. His disdain only grew the more he heard about the involvement of the supernatural forces in the war. And when he heard about the failure of Operation Sea Lion, he was conflicted wether he should cry with joy or out of rage. The paranormal freaks had shown a weakness...but at the same time their adversaries were now using these creatures as well. But oh well, next he was deployed to to Africa to serve with Rommel. In the unforgiving heat of the desert he accompanied the Desert Fox and was a key player in the North African Theatre of the War.

That was untill the 11.11.1941. He was currently with a small HQ unit near Tobruk celebrating his birthday as a letter came to him from the Reich. He opened it and just seeing the very front of the letter, he already knew what it was about. With shaking fingers he retrieved the letter and read it. His grandson had joined the Wehrmacht in 1939. He had tried to help him as best he could, get him somewhere safe and thus assigned him to occupation duty in the Warsaw, far away from the western allies reach or that of the Soviets for that matter as the Reich had successfully pushed them back far away from Warsaw. And now his son was dead, supposedly killed by some terrorists under the name of "The Beast of Warsaw". A killer who always left the roman numerals of 666 at the crimescene. It was the last straw needed to turn him away from the Reich. He had outlived both his son and his grandson while serving Germany...and how had Germany thanked him? They had allied with the literal cancer of the world, allowed it to infest the entirety of the state. And thus brought a reaction from all the other cancers around the world. He couldn't care less about how other countries descended to their ultimate doom but he would not allow his dear Germany to become nothing but a mere pawn of the creatures of the unnatural. But as a German, he could not do anything. They were everywhere and he would meet a swift end.

Luckily the decision how to go on didn't lie within his hands. A unit of the Long Range Desert Group, infamous for striking behind enemy lines in the African theatre, attacked his camp. His troops and aides were quickly overpowered but he himself surrendered to the Allies. As a high ranking officer (He had advanced to the rank of Generalleutnant by now) he was of course a captive of special interest and quickly transported back to Cairo. During initial interrogations, he was very cooperative and offered to bring all of his expertise and skills in to bring those "bastard creatures of hell" to their knees. And if necessary Germany with them. So he was then shipped to Great Britain, eventually ending up with SHADOCOM.
Psychological Profile: Dietrich is the cold and professional prussian officer type. He will go about his job as efficient and ruthless as he possibly could. The loss of most of his loved ones (his abusive father, arrogant big brother and a plethora of sisters don't count) have killed off most feelings within him so he instead started to develop intense feelings for all sorts of irrational stuff. Professional Irrationality is what he brings across nowadays. He does hate the paranormal with a deep passion, yet still accepts to work with them on occasion.
Why do you fight?: To save the Fatherland from the infectuous cancer of the supernatural and those who voluntarily employ it.
Defining Quote: "I have no qualms with it as long as it is entirely natural and grounded in human biology and psyche."
RP Sample: 11.11.1941, Libyan Desert near Tobruk

It had to be a joke, right? Surely there was some kind of god actually existing up there in the heavens, fully intent on making his petty human life as miserable as possible. The coincidence was just too great for pure chance. Once again Dietrich looked down onto the table, where he had laid out the presents he had received today for his birthday. From Belarus he had received a cake from Dirlewanger as well as a postcard. The cake bore an icing resembling two crossed rifles and a grenade underneath. Apparently the insignia of his unit. A smirk appeared Dietrich's face. He pitied the poor Russians. The statement that humans were monsters was especcially true when aimed at Dirlewanger.

Speaking of monsters, Dietrich glanced up. It took a few moments for his eyes to refocus so he could make out more than the rough contures but soon he saw his watchdog clearly again. The SS Untersturmführer and werewolf Thorsten Reißzahn was officially his aide and bodyguard but Dietrich knew very well that he was only here to monitor him more closely. He had not kept his dislike for Germany's new soldiers quiet and had attracted the ire of quite of few of these monsters. As long as he did his job and did it well, they couldn't do anything about him but the moment he made a mistake they would be the first to bring him before a Military Court. Now the werewolf simply leaned against one of the tent poles, seeemingly asleep but Dietrich knew better than to assume that.

He returned his gaze to table, going over his other presents. His driver in the desert had gifted him with a neatly packed dagger with an ivory handle, no doubt an ancient heirloom from one locals. He did not stop to think about how his driver may have acquired it. Next to it was a small, opened package containing coffee powder. A quick look at the card which came with the package confirmed his suspicions that it had come from the Quartermaster. Coffee was hard to come by and Dietrich had a feeling that he would need the coffee soon so he was very thankful, immediately retrieving his gas cooker from under the table and turning it on. He then brought his coffee machine, which he had also deposited below the table. It was a nice three piece machine which was actually not much of a machine but oh well. His wrinkled hands gripped the machine at the bottom and the top tightly before beginning to turn, eventually screwing them off each other. Into the lower part he filled precious water from his canteen. Then he ripped off the filter, which had gotten stuck on the upper part, that part being basically a coffee pot. It was bothersome but constantly on the move and in the desert, he simply did not have the water to thoroughly clean his coffee machine. Anyway, he filled the filter with the coffee powder before putting all the parts back together and putting the coffee machine onto his gas cooker.

Then his gaze fell upon the last two presents on the table. One bore the easily recognisable writing of Erwin Rommel, the commander in this hell that toasted him during the day and froze him at night. It was already opened and the content, a Knight's Cross of the Iron Cross as well as a congratulatory letter from the General. He had already read the letter and it was filled with the usual pleasantries a la in recognition of your outstanding services to the Fatherland and so on. He had received more than enough medals in all the wars he had fought and he had seen these letters often enough or heard speeches with it. They never really changed.

But the last present was the most meaningful of them all. It was not actually a present but the Generalleutnant had decided to call it one since he had received it on his birthday. The mailman had simple saluted before shrugging and driving off to deliver the rest of his letters. Dietrich tried to remember the moment when he watched the dust clouds of the mailman's car vanishing in the distance. The feelings he had had before his world was shattered once again. He glared at the letter lying there on the table as if it was some sort of mortal enemy, something that had to be annihilated with the most potent weaponry he had. It was the only "present" on the table which actually looked untouched. And that was because he had carefully closed the envelope again after having read the letter, of course having stuffed it back in before that. He could still not believe it. What kind of terrible luck did he have? First he had lost his son, such a young and hopeful man with a bright future, in the dirty war of the western front. And now, that he had almost gotten over it, fate had returned to try and finish him off with a low punch by taking even his grandson from him. And he had hoped that garrison duty in Warsaw would be safe enough for him. A fool's hope it turned out to be.

Dietrich probably would've spent another couple hours brooding over this message and eventually committed suicide but fate had decided that it was not yet finished with him. Suddenly, the sound of a machinegun broke the relative silence of the night. Dietrich tried to hear what kind of automatic weapon it was but his hearing wasn't good enough anymore to pick out finer nuances. But he quickly knew that these were not german machineguns. German machineguns were always easily recognizeable by their high rate of fire. Screams echoed through the night outside, the alarm was sounded, he could hear the men in the camp hurrying to get into defensive positions. But he already knew that this fight was hopeless. He had heard of them, seen the destruction they left in their wake. He had fallen victim to the Long Range Desert Group. Every now and then they appeared behind the lines of the Axis, having made the long way through the desert, striking at weak targets, leaving only dead soldiers and burning supplies.

His mind quickly calculated several possible courses of action, which could all be categorized under fight or flight. Death or possible survival. And although he had lost all of his will to live just hours ago, his body didn't seem to want to die quite yet. He was frozen for a few seconds, locked in internal battle over which course of action to take. But an all too familiar growl ripped him out of that state. Reißzahn had obviously also noticed the sudden attack and was changing into his wolfman form. It was a disgusting sight to Dietrich, who had never liked the man nor his race and it was disgust which gave him purpose. Hatred, disgust, bloodlust, feelings which he had long tried to reign in flooded back to the surface. He wanted, nay, he needed to stay alife to satiate these feelings. As Reißzahn was just about to storm out of the tent and heroically face and possibly slaughter the intruders, all depending on what supernatural back-up they had brough with them, Dietrich voice cut through the sounds of battle like an axe:

"Nix da Untersturmführer Reißzahn! Hiergeblieben oder ich lasse Sie nachher wegen Befehlsverweigerung erschießen!"
("Nuh uh Untersturmführer Reißzahn! Stay here or I'll have you shot later for insubordination!")

For a moment he was unsure wether the wolfman had heard him or not and if he had, wether he was still sentient enough to understand what he wanted from him. Luckily, he turned out to still be very well capable of rational thinking, stopping just before leaving before turning towards Dietrich and growling:

"Sind Sie taub Generalleutnant?!? Wir werden angegriffen! Ich muss mich der Verteidigung anschließen und diesen alliierten Hunden eins aufs Maul geben!"
("Are you deaf Generalleutnant?!? We're being attacked! I must join the defense and bash these allied dogs!"

But Dietrich wouldn't have that. He needed to escape to continue fighting. And he couldn't hope to get away without the werewolf. If he stayed, there was a tiny chance that the werewolf would tear the entire ambush apart but he would bet money that the allies had sent supernatural forces of their own so he really preferred the much larger chance of survival by flight.

"Ich sagte nein! Akzeptieren Sie es! Sie sind mein Leibwächter und Helfershelfer und daher formal unter meinem Kommando. Ich darf nicht in feindliche Hände fallen und die wichtigsten Dokumente hier auch nicht also müssen Sie mich so schnell wie möglich von hier wegschaffen! Und jetzt bewachen Sie den Eingang während ich hier schnell aufräume!"
("I said no! Accept it! You are my bodyguard and aide und thus formally under my command. I and the most important documents here must not fall into enemy hands so you must get me as quickly as possible away from here. Und now guard the entrance while I quickly tidy up over here!")

The werewolf grudgingly accepted, turning around to face the entrance and trying to cover as much of it as possible so he could act as a bullet shield for Dietrich while he went about his business. And indeed Dietrich quickly gathered documents from everywhere in the tent, hurrying from corner to corner trying to get everything he definitely needed. Everything else he would just burn with the gas cooker. However, this business was not good for someone of Dietrich's age. He could already feel the pain in his bones and muscles rising, which simply couldn't support such activity anymore, especcially not over an extended amount of time. But his life depended on it. Rasping from pain and exhaustion, he finally had everything together and opened a leather suitcase he usually carried with him and was just about to stuff all the documents in there when he saw what was at the bottom of the suitcase.

It was a Luger magazine. For his P04. And yet it was not just any magazine. Back when he had first been introduced to his new supernatural colleagues and benefactors, one of his first courses of action had been to research what was generally used to stop these monsters. Something he ahd come across very often was silver. And so he had had silver stolen from one of the protestant churches and a full magazine of silver bullets made for his sidearm. And it was the sight of this ammunition which suddenly hit him with a realisation. There were not only the two options fight or flight. Although he was reluctant to admit it, there was also the option of surrender and collaboration. Of betraying the ones he had fought for for so long. But that only worked if the werewolf was dead.

Hoping that the noise of the battle raging around them would conceal the sound of him exchanging the magazines of his Luger P04, Dietrich quickly unholstered his sidearm before unloading the gun and then retrieving the new magazine and loading the gun with it. He then put the sidearm on the table and finally put the small stack of documents into his suitcase. Only then did he take the sidearm again and aimed it at the back of the werewolf. His hand trembled as within him, forces were still fighting over this. Loyalty or Treachery? Give way to his hatred of the Supernatural 'Friends' or to his hatred of the Allies? When thinking about it this way, the decision became much easier. He would always prefer to fight non-humans over humans. And so he started firing, unloading the entire magazine into Reißzahn's back. 8 bullets made from holy silver.

And yet the wolfman was still standing, although only barely. Blood flowed from the 8 bulletholes on his back, dirtying his fur. Slowly, staggering, he turned around, gurgling for a while before coughing up blood. Together with the blood came some few words:

"Verräter...Dafür büßt du..."
("Traitor...You will pay for this...")

But Dietrich was relentless. With one step he was closer to the werewolf but had also reached one of his favourite accessoires. It was a walking stick. More like an oversized club made from polished lightly coloured wood and with a metallic tip (In fact, the tip was made of silver. He had found a use for the silver that remained after he had received his bullets.). Several metal plaques adorned the stick along its entire length, telling of the locations he had visited with his beloved stick. Anyway, Dietrich took the walking stick and then continued to use the blunt end to swing it against Reißzahn's wolfhead, immediately following it up with a downward strike from above, sending the werewolf flat on the ground. Now he raised the stick yet again and put all his strength and bodyweight into it as he came down with it again, this time with the pointy silver end. The silver tip easily tore through Reißzahn's fur and skin and Dietrich's strength and weight drove it through the werewolves chest and into the eart, effectively naling the werewolf to the ground. He was dead for sure.

Exhausted from this exertion of strength and speed and with everything aching really hard, strength quickly leaving him, Dietrich leaned onto the stick for a few seconds. Then he shakily made his way to the table, almost falling onto the ground on his way there but still managing to keep himself on his legs by using the table as support. Slowly he made his way around the table, always using it to support his legs untill he finally reached the coffee machine. He had heard it bubbling in there back when he had been gathering documents so the coffee should be finished by now. He turned off the gas cooker before briefly getting onto his knees to get his cup from below the table. His strained knees protested sharply but he ignored it. Upon second thought, he took two cups before using all his strength to heave himself back up above the table. With trembling fingers he filled a cup for himself, the delicious black liquid just pouring into his cup and luring him to immediately drink the whole cup. But he knew better, it was too hot for that and the shock of pouring an entire cup of fresh and very hot liquid down his throat would probably kill him.

Just then the piece of tarpaulin which made up the entrance to his tent was flung aside, revealing a moustachioed british soldiers in short clothes and a Sten submachinegun in his hands. The man looked at the impaled Reißzahn on the ground, who had reverted back into his normal form, bearing again the double lightning runes of the SS. Then he looked at Dietrich who seemed to be barely able to keep himself standing. With a tired smile, Dietrich raised his cup and asked:

"Coffee?"

Well this was exhausting. And I bet it wouldn't sit that well with the OP and the general theme of the RP. But oh well, I do like filling out apps so it is not important if this one actually happens to be unacceptable.
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Thu Jan 10, 2019 2:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:50 am

Chapter Two is finally here!

The RP is now formally, completely OPEN.

Please repost your apps if you want to be added.
Last edited by Agritum on Thu Apr 05, 2018 6:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Constaniana
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 10, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Constaniana » Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:13 am

viewtopic.php?p=25074161#p25074161

I forgot the grim backstory I gave her.
Join Elementals 3, one of P2TM's oldest high fantasy roleplays, full of adventure, humour, and saving the world. Winner of the Best High Fantasy RP of P2TM twice in a row Choo Choo
Pro: Jesus Christ, Distributism, The Shire, House Atreides
Anti: The Antichrist, Communism, Mordor, House Harkonnen
Ameriganastan wrote:I work hard to think of those ludicrous Eric adventure stories, but I don't think I'd have come up with rescuing a three armed alchemist from goblin-monkeys in a million years.

Kudos.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:40 pm

My app is literally one post above.

Though I can understand if it is inacceptable and you'd like me to make an entirely different character.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:52 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:My app is literally one post above.

Though I can understand if it is inacceptable and you'd like me to make an entirely different character.

I'm now active again, so I can respond to apps.

I'm not really against the concept of having defector characters per se, even though I'd rather enjoy if we had more minor Allies (Canada, ANZAC,South Africa, Belgium, The Nordics, countries of Southern America, British and French colonies, etc). My main issue with Dietrich is that he's pretty old, even at 61. Being a mundane, that wouldn't bode well for the requirements of an unit such as the Shadow Ops teams. ALso, given his skillset, he'd be more likely to be in the backseats of the operations rather than on the ground.

That said if you want to have him as an NPC, maybe as a radioable HQ advisor, it would be pretty interesting. I hope you see my concern. Since I don't want to thrash your app completely, would you rather like playing a soldier or otherwise member of troop that defected with Dietrich, or would you veer towards something else?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Thu Apr 05, 2018 12:55 pm

Agritum wrote:
Remnants of Exilvania wrote:My app is literally one post above.

I'm now active again, so I can respond to apps.

I'm not really against the concept of having defector characters per se, even though I'd rather enjoy if we had more minor Allies (Canada, ANZAC,South Africa, Belgium, The Nordics, countries of Southern America, British and French colonies, etc). My main issue with Dietrich is that he's pretty old, even at 61. Being a mundane, that wouldn't bode well for the requirements of an unit such as the Shadow Ops teams. ALso, given his skillset, he'd be more likely to be in the backseats of the operations rather than on the ground.

That said if you want to have him as an NPC, maybe as a radioable HQ advisor, it would be pretty interesting. I hope you see my concern. Since I don't want to thrash your app completely, would you rather like playing a soldier or otherwise member of troop that defected with Dietrich, or would you veer towards something else?

Well, I was kind of more planning to use his rank, knowledge and appearance to infiltrate Axis installations or just generally be a help when encountering checkpoints, patrols etc.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse