NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:12 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ulls wrote:Would Norsca be an NPC?

Ehhh. Kelmet told me a week or two ago that he hoped to be freer soon. So not as such, not yet.

What about Nom Sampai?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:19 pm

Ulls wrote:
Ehhh. Kelmet told me a week or two ago that he hoped to be freer soon. So not as such, not yet.

What about Nom Sampai?

Yep, they’re a Finnish-Lapplandic NPC that rose to claim Norsca’s abandoned infrastructure.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:21 pm

Ulls wrote:What about Nom Sampai?

Yep, they’re a Finnish-Lapplandic NPC that rose to claim Norsca’s abandoned infrastructure.

They still suffer from an iron shortage?

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:22 pm

I might try to find Tin

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 2:59 pm

I'm going to have her opt for an oral exam, if that's alright.
I'm really tired

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Ulls wrote:

They still suffer from an iron shortage?

Definitely. Most Norscan smiths/smelters/miners will have left, so only the local chumps will be working with it.

Skarten wrote:I might try to find Tin

Japan doesn't have much, but sounds fun.

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I'm going to have her opt for an oral exam, if that's alright.

Sounds good. That'll get her some remedial classes, which might happen down at the local school/with a tutor, but there's nothing wrong with that.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:14 pm

Ulls wrote:They still suffer from an iron shortage?

Definitely. Most Norscan smiths/smelters/miners will have left, so only the local chumps will be working with it.

Skarten wrote:I might try to find Tin

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I'm going to have her opt for an oral exam, if that's alright.

Sounds good. That'll get her some remedial classes, which might happen down at the local school/with a tutor, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I mean, her only real lacking is in Imperial. Her knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, and Anatomy probably put her among the most learned professors. Do y'all use a periodic table?
I'm really tired

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:15 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:

I mean, her only real lacking is in Imperial. Her knowledge of Biology, Chemistry, and Anatomy probably put her among the most learned professors. Do y'all use a periodic table?

Indeed. But yes- if her knowledge is good, they're going to have a hard time knowing such is the case if she can't communicate. After all, I doubt they have folks that speak Greek, aside from the odd merchant or two.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:18 pm

Indeed. But yes- if her knowledge is good, they're going to have a hard time knowing such is the case if she can't communicate. After all, I doubt they have folks that speak Greek, aside from the odd merchant or two.

I'm having her have been in Byzantium for a few months learning the lingua. I think fun stuff will come from the anatomical discourse. Your words for bones and muscles and hers are gonna differ no matter what.
I'm really tired

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:18 pm

The Johor Kingdom shall continue where we left off!

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:19 pm

I'm having her have been in Byzantium for a few months learning the lingua. I think fun stuff will come from the anatomical discourse. Your words for bones and muscles and hers are gonna differ no matter what.

Ah, okay, that makes sense then.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:26 pm

What's a good respectable Imperial name for a bloke
I'm really tired

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:27 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:What's a good respectable Imperial name for a bloke

Basically anything Germanic, Slavic, or English. John. Edmund. Gregor. Ivan. Thomas.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:56 pm

Nice first post, Labstovka.

I should note that your average nomad in 3000 BCE won't ride horses, because they're a fairly recent domesticate and haven't really been bred large enough to carry men for long distances. Also there aren't any saddles in existence in Mongolia, so fighting from horseback is really harder than fighting on foot.

But we can just handwave your post as a bareback scouting party, rather than traditional steppe nomad horse-warriors.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:58 pm

Posted. For now, the focus of the story will shift to Alala, as Joseph is currently just trying to integrate the tribes of the Sympagis further.
I'm really tired

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:02 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Posted. For now, the focus of the story will shift to Alala, as Joseph is currently just trying to integrate the tribes of the Sympagis further.

Coolio. The perspective from Alala was very interesting, a first-person narrative not one of the Authors- I liked it.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:07 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Posted. For now, the focus of the story will shift to Alala, as Joseph is currently just trying to integrate the tribes of the Sympagis further.

Coolio. The perspective from Alala was very interesting, a first-person narrative not one of the Authors- I liked it.

She has a perspective of Walker that makes him very uncomfortable. He loves her like a daughter and wants her to view him like a father, but she has a tendency to worship him. It's a view many have, rightfully so, and it makes him uneasy. Also, she's got the immortal curse. I decided that since Walker does not know he is Immortal and nor is he aware he can extend immortality to someone, that at some point over the past decade Alala simply was granted it through whatever means that brought Joseph here. The trigger was Joseph's immense paternal love for her.
I'm really tired

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:16 pm

Full Name: Jeb Goodfellow. Caligari to those of the Skulk and after he faked his death, Night Owl to the people of Ego
Appearance: He is cacusian, covered in bandages wearing a azurite-colored bandana. His face is shaven with some scaring. Wearing hemp shirt, fur coat, and leather pants and boots.
Height and Weight::5"8 189lbs
Religion: Neo-Pagan of the Norse Variety
Field of Expertise:
Skills and Strengths: Medieval and Civil War reenactor
He is a statesmen of some caliber, being the one who founded Ego and ruled for over a twenty years. Over the time, he had been able to show himself as a master of the spear and one of the most skilled tacticians in North America during the Grand Campaign and the first unification of the tribes around Wisconsin that made up Ego. Because of his knowledge of his immortality, he has been able to make plans that go beyond decades in the making with few changes and the resolve to do things such as fake his own death in order to bring out his enemies and bring necessary shift to Ego.

He also knows of stealth and espionage as he formed the Cult of Foxes and the now powerful Skulk organization to be a defense against the enemies of Ego and advance technology. This allowed him to be the shadow ruler of his country and put his circle of friends in charge of handling the reforms of the nation.

He also is inquisitive, able to figure out Turner's religion from a set of questions and the idea of other Outwolders around the world in the formation of the Skulk. Jeb is fairly educated and good intelligence.
Weaknesses:He is not very charismatic and can get annoyed at people trying to hold him down by obligations or try to go against his wishes He is also very nomadic, not wanting to be a leader despite his knowledge. One of the biggest weaknesses is that he's a night owl. To him, this seems like a boon because he can be active while most aren't and can surprise opponents, however this makes the day his most vulnerable and many can catch him off guard.

Despite his mental resolve, he has shown to have been going under mental stress with all the war and preparation with the upcoming war. He also is tending to want to wander off more as he heard about the colonization of Iceland was good and his wanderlust is getting to him.
Where in the world are you landing?: Ego
RP Sample: Was in the last two.
Last edited by Ulls on Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:36 pm

Ulls wrote:Full Name: Jeb Goodfellow. Caligari to those of the Skulk and after he faked his death, Night Owl to the people of Ego
Appearance: He is cacusian, covered in bandages wearing a azurite-colored bandana. His face is shaven with some scaring. Wearing hemp shirt, fur coat, and leather pants and boots.
Height and Weight::5"8 189lbs
Religion: Neo-Pagan of the Norse Variety
Field of Expertise:
Skills and Strengths: Medieval and Civil War reenactor
He is a statesmen of some caliber, being the one who founded Ego and ruled for over a twenty years. Over the time, he had been able to show himself as a master of the spear and one of the most skilled tacticians in North America during the Grand Campaign and the first unification of the tribes around Wisconsin that made up Ego. Because of his knowledge of his immortality, he has been able to make plans that go beyond decades in the making with few changes and the resolve to do things such as fake his own death in order to bring out his enemies and bring necessary shift to Ego.

He also knows of stealth and espionage as he formed the Cult of Foxes and the now powerful Skulk organization to be a defense against the enemies of Ego and advance technology. This allowed him to be the shadow ruler of his country and put his circle of friends in charge of handling the reforms of the nation.

He also is inquisitive, able to figure out Turner's religion from a set of questions and the idea of other Outwolders around the world in the formation of the Skulk. Jeb is fairly educated and good intelligence.
Weaknesses:He is not very charismatic and can get annoyed at people trying to hold him down by obligations or try to go against his wishes He is also very nomadic, not wanting to be a leader despite his knowledge. One of the biggest weaknesses is that he's a night owl. To him, this seems like a boon because he can be active while most aren't and can surprise opponents, however this makes the day his most vulnerable and many can catch him off guard.

Despite his mental resolve, he has shown to have been going under mental stress with all the war and preparation with the upcoming war. He also is tending to want to wander off more as he heard about the colonization of Iceland was good and his wanderlust is getting to him.
Where in the world are you landing?: Ego
RP Sample: Was in the last two.

Sure, this looks good. Accepted.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Thu Oct 26, 2017 4:53 pm

I will probably start off with a post demonstrating Turner's intrigue skills.

Turner's armies will be expanding down the Mississippi, claiming some more land for Ego. Let's just say an enemy chieftain will find himself on the chopping block...

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:16 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:I will probably start off with a post demonstrating Turner's intrigue skills.

Turner's armies will be expanding down the Mississippi, claiming some more land for Ego. Let's just say an enemy chieftain will find himself on the chopping block...

#GetsBeatenUpByChiefThugs
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:22 pm

Hey G, did'nt see anything about Ted in your post, maybe I missed it or are you going to post that later? Anyways if not, then should I go first and establish my char or do you want to go first and introduce a soldier rising through the ranks?

Also random question, but what if someone was "following" a religion the didnt believe in? Would the secret religion overule the public one or the public one over rule the secret one?

What about this example Ive not seen it used yet but it might be good.

Example:
Exampletism (Notism)
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Oct 26, 2017 8:34 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hey G, did'nt see anything about Ted in your post, maybe I missed it or are you going to post that later? Anyways if not, then should I go first and establish my char or do you want to go first and introduce a soldier rising through the ranks?

Also random question, but what if someone was "following" a religion the didnt believe in? Would the secret religion overule the public one or the public one over rule the secret one?

Example:
Exampletism (Notism)

I’ll probably post it later- I was planning to do politics talkity talk in the second post. Did you want to have Ted still in the military?

Hmm. I’d assume whichever RPers felt like, really.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:11 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Hey G, did'nt see anything about Ted in your post, maybe I missed it or are you going to post that later? Anyways if not, then should I go first and establish my char or do you want to go first and introduce a soldier rising through the ranks?

Example:
Exampletism (Notism)

I’ll probably post it later- I was planning to do politics talkity talk in the second post. Did you want to have Ted still in the military?

For the second question, I guess the Skulk are the current example of that condrumdon and I will show the effects of what they do in the RP.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:40 pm

Example:
Exampletism (Notism)

OK, on the military thing its about as far as Ted could go. His ultimate goal was to be a adviser or politician who carried heavy weight on the Imperium, but I doubt my char would've gotten there without the Greycloaks investigating, so I would expect him to stay in the military.

About the second question. I figured it'd be nice for people following secret religions to leave their secret beliefs in parenthesis, since then we can all tell their public and secret. I'm not asking to change it now and repost every app, but it is a thing that'd be a nice note in the apps in the future, so we should prob set that up next time skip.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Thu Oct 26, 2017 9:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse