NATION

PASSWORD

WGP2 Season One - RP Thread (IC)

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:41 am

"So that was the last qualifying this year. One race, and we're done with this season."

Timo was in the garage after qualifying, talking to Andrew.

"Yeah... Strange how fast it goes, eh?"

"Yeah... Everything will be decided tomorrow. I have realistically no chance on winning the championship. Well, except I win and Jack, Jannik and Vandersen DNF. But that's unlikely. So... Yeah."

Timo turned around and saw a man in his early thirties, wearing a black t-shirt and a plain pair of jeans. He recognized him as Nick Newman. He would have thought the head of a state would wear a suit or something, but no.

"How are y'all?", Newman asked. "I'm sorry I couldn't make it earlier, but the flight to the island from where this interdimensional boat thingy goes was cancelled, so, yeah. I'll be here the whole day tomorrow though."

He went over to Timo.

"So you are Timo Jänkirinää, right?"

"Yeah, that's me."

They shook hands.

"Nice to meet you. Good qualifying today, I guess."

"Well, thanks. I guess."

"So... You think you can still win the championship?"

"Mathematically, for shure, but it's rather unlikely."

"Yeah... Well, I have to go again soon for today, so, I'm gonna talk to your teammate really quick, if that's alright."

"Shure."

Timo had never met Nick Newman in person, and this is clearly not what he imagined him to be like. But in a positive way.

Nick Newman went over to Jack Kelly and shook his hand.

"Jack Kelly, eh? Nice to meet you. I guess you know who I am, Nick Newman, but just call me Nick, I'm fine with that. So, I just wanted to say good luck tomorrow. I hope you win the championship. In my opinion, you'd definitely deserve to race in WGPC next year. I'm shure many teams would consider you as a possible driver." He looked at his watch. "Oh shit, seems I have to go. I got a meeting here now. It seems as if your boss wanted to talk to you anyways." Mara had just entered the garage. "So yeah, good luck again", Newman said and went away, while Mara wnt to Jack.

"Jack. Good qualifying today. You see, your crew shurely has told you what to do to winnthe championship already, but, really, think about it: from your grid position, all you have to do, is somehow overtake Jannik Markner, and you are the first ever WGP2 champion. If he hasn't got the unlikely chance to win the championship himself, Timo will he help you if he can." She looked over to Timo, who nodded his confirmation. "So, yeah. I count on you. We have a realistic chance to win both championships. Who would have thought that before the season? Yeah. Good luck tomorrow. Both of you."

Jannik was looking at the qualifying results. If this would be the order after the race, he'd be champion. With Xiaopeng only fourteenth, Jack would be the only one probably had to keep behind.

"Think you can do this tomorrow?", Mika, his manager who had come to Eastfield Lodge after not being present at a lot of races, asked.

"I hope so. All I have to do is to bring it home."

"Yeah..."

"If I finish in front of Kelly and don't lose too much to Vandersen, I'm champion."

"Sounds easy."

"The question is if it actually is this easy."

"You still did best of all four serious championship comtenders in qualyifying..."

"Yeah. They'll all have a harder time winning this thing tomorrow. Hell yeah, you're right. I'll win this thing! Hopefully."
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Tenburg
Envoy

Founded: Feb 01, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Tenburg » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:44 pm

Sunday

Jack sat quietly in the paddock, on the cold concrete, legs crossed, leaning against his red and yellow machine. Rick and the crew knew better than to bother him; they didn't need to anyway; he had told them the car was perfect. He had always been used to a slightly freer car; a loose race car makes a fast race car, he told himself often.

He didn't know what to think about. He knew the track well. The car felt good. Mara told him all he needed to know, as had everybody else. For the first time in a long while, he had absolutely no idea how to fill his head.

He closed his eyes for a moment. He let his mind drift away, to his 1972 Barcelona. He turns the key and listens to the engine roar to life... He's driving on a coastal road in Colme, circle-framed sunglasses on, scanning the beautiful sea to his right. He can smell the salty air. Myra is in the passenger's seat. She's wearing a scarf that blows freely in the wind. It seems like something out of a Donovan video.

Jack smiled. Even if he didn't win the title, it didn't seem to matter much. He'd had a helluva year, and he'd ended up with the girl in the end.

He reached over next to him and pulled the fire mask over his head, then put on his helmet, remembering what Myra had told him at the beginning of the year:

Drive it like you stole it.
I offer only slanderous mockeries!

West-East Timor
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby West-East Timor » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:39 pm

"So, what's the strategy?", Timo asked before the warmup lap began.

"Just drive the race. It is unlikely you'll have the chance to win the title, so just enjoy racing."

"What about Jack?"

"Help him win the title if you can."

"And... How?"

"Depends on the situation. Keep a championship contender behind you. Let Jack pass if he is faster. Stuff like that.

"Alright then."

He closed the visor and concentrated on the warming his tyres up.

"Remember, you're in the best position to win the championship", Jannik's race engineer told him during the warmup lap, "but don't get too nervous. Stay focused."

"Could you maybe tell me what I need to do again?"

"If you finish where you are right now, while Vandersen does not win and neither Kelly, Virzi or Xiaopeng overtake you, you are champion. Win the race, and everything is save. Overtake Vandersen, keep Kelly behind, and everything is almost as save."

"Other scenarios?"

"All other scenarios are pretty unlikely. Just bring it home, and you are the inaugural WGP2 champion."

Jannik repeated that in his head. Bring it home, and you are the inaugural WGP2 champion. Bring it home... And you are champion."

"Alright then", he said as the cars came to the start-finish straight. He stopped his car on grid position four. And focused on the red lights.
If you want to do that, you can call us Omnidirectional Timor as well...

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:04 pm

Cocoa-bo, an establishment taking its name directly from the beloved national animal of Turori, started as a small dessert shop in Kionao. However, it was only after they added chocolate topped drinks to their menu that their popularity started to soar. As more and more patrons scooped up their chocolate flavored pick-me-ups, demand for the Cocoa-bo product skyrocketed and soon new franchised locations were popping up all throughout Turori. Shifting to more of a social 'hang-out' then just a casual place to drop in, get a dessert, and leave, the new locations started adding small foods such as Bagels for the morning, Soups and Sandwiches for Lunch or Dinner and Salads for the entire day. Cocoa-bo has expanded outside of Vilita & Turori. Their first regional location was opened in Andossa Se Mitrin Vega and the company continues to explore avenues to further increase its image, expanding the company footprint across Atlantian Oceania and beyond.

Cocoa-bo has been taking its "Everything's Better With Cocoa-bo" marketing campaign on the road and has stepped it up even further in Eastfield Lodge following Cocoabo #23 and the Tropicorp Engineering team as they chase the driver's and constructors championships at the final round of the World Grand Prix 2 Championship. Cocoa-bo has brought truckloads of samples, customized flags showing the Eastifeld Lodge's native flag with one... minor... tweak and pitchmakers ready to show how good their product is, and why every-day life in the Imperial Commonwealth would be... "Better with Cocoabo"...

Grand Prix of the Imperial Commonwealth, Mount Salt Raceway, Eastfield Lodge :: After posting the third fastest time in the Friday Practice session, just behind the Vannish Motors Racing teammates of Jang Xiaopeng and Jenna Vanderson, Tropicorp Engineering's Cocoabo #23 was in the zone and, according to his trainers at the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Project, completely prepared to handle the championship weekend.

Also ready to handle the weekend was the Cocoabo Preservation Society and the delectables operation 'Cocoa-bo'. The two organizations which hold Turori's famed fauna as their primary iconic representation were in heavy presence inside and outside the track in Eastfield Lodge.

For the Cocoabo Preservation Society, it was a single trailer sized exhibit taking some of the information that one might find in the educational area of Cocoabo Park in talking about the history of the Cocoabo, the ongoing preservation efforts - and yes, even an overview of the Cocoabo Enrichment and Enhancement Project (CEEP) that has trained Cocoabo such as Cocoabo #23 to excel in functions and roles typically occupied by citizen personnel. The Cocoabo Preservation Society exhibit was a already a hit on Friday but was a mob scene on Saturday morning when Fast Cocoabo made a brief appearance at the tent. No autographs were signed but it was a photo opportunity for the fans to get within 15 feet of the otherwise highly protected Tropicorp Engineering driver.

Cocoa-bo was also getting in on the action, their primary booth located adjacent to the Cocoabo Preservation Society exhibit had lines wrapping long distances as fans took their free samples of various Cocoa-bo delectables. There were three Cocoa-bo booths offering free samples and a further 6 stands offering Cocoa-bo products for sale at standard prices. Each booth had a full-size cardboard style display of Cocoabo #23 - each however in a different image some showing Fast Cocoabo in the drivers uniform, some with helmet on and others with helmet off and one - the one that was garnering the most attention - showing Cocoabo #23 in victory lane at the WGP2 Race of Liventia with the Trophy at the foot of the frame. Of course, any actual purchase of a Cocoa-bo product came with a novelty napkin themed on the ongoing "Better with Cocoa-bo" campaign - this week showing the flag of the host nation Eastfield Lodge with the Moon and Star emblem replaced with the silouette of a Cocoabo. Fans were also given a card to track their weekend purchases and after 5 items purchased - either at once or over the course of the weekend, a hand-held Eastfield-Lodge style "Better with Cocoabo" flag. Despite the requirements, most Booth attendants were handing the flags out free of charge to children.

Cocoa-bo was also giving out coupons to fans who visited its primary booth that would give fans a varied level of discount on Cocoa-bo products depending on where Cocoabo #23 qualified for the race. A pole position would mean a 100% discount on one item - IE: Free stuff. 2nd place would be 90% off, 3rd place 80% off, on down to 10th place which would offer a 10% discount.

Unfortunately for all the fans with coupons, there would be no pole position run on Saturday from Cocoabo #23. In fact, Fast Cocoabo just barely snuck into the second qualifying session with a 1:31.186 beating Manny "Lil E" Epula by two hundreths of a second to post the 10th best time and progress to the next round. In the second session Cocoabo #23 was below par once again for a driver who needed a victory in the race on Sunday to claim the Drivers championship and to hope to earn the Constructors title for the Tropicorp Engineering team. There was one reprieve - Academy Racing's Armo Lehto really screwed up in the second session and didn't post a competitive time - allowing not-so-Fast Cocoabo to move up one spot to 9th on the grid. It meant just a 20% discount at the Cocoa-bo booths for the fans but even more importantly and concerningly for the Cocoabo, it meant championship rivals Jenna Vanderson and Jack Kelly would be starting in front of the Cocoabo and the CEEP graduate would have to bypass them to have any hope at finishing as the WGP2 Champion.

Should Fast Cocoabo make it to the front of the grid, however, they might have some friendly company. Tropicorp Engineering teammate and hometown driver Cesaro Whittaker posted the second fastest qualifying time to start outside pole and the fastest driver on the grid was Novikov Racing driver Juracai Klianiota. Long eliminated from title contention it had been a disastrous season for the Vilita & Turori driver who struggled to get past the fifth lap in a grands prix, no less finish in the points. But with the curtain call on the season... and perhaps the end of a career in sight with the hesitance of sponsors to continue their association, Juracai Klianiota seemed determined to go out with a bang. Personal sponsor Vilaye Energy drink of Vilita scrambled to overnight its product to Eastfield Lodge after having scaled back their trackside vendor booth presence due to Klianiota's struggles. Now, however, with the Vilita & Turori driver starting on pole and looking set to do battle with the local driver Whittaker for the race victory, Klianiota's marketability is back on track and Vilaye representatives were arriving through the night to set up associated booths for Sunday race day.

While Klianiota would be looking to finally grace the podium as a mark of pride in an otherwise diminishing season, the stakes were much higher for Cocoabo #23 and even Cesaro Whittaker. Of course Whittaker would be looking to claim the checkered flag at his home course, and the home track for MSA-SinVal the team that rejected him at the start of the season in favor of Dalia Dahl and Shinno Soukuba. Whittaker would also be looking to contribute to a possible Constructors title - Tropicorp Engineering still mathematically in the hunt and if the two Tropicorp Engineering drivers could overcome the gremlins and post a 1-2 podium finish, the long odds would begin to narrow and perhaps even be surpassed.

For Cocoabo #23, long odds have already been overcome. Up until the WGP2 Race of Liventia, the critics still outvoiced the supporters. Doubters of the CEEP program wrote off early points-paying finishes for Fast Cocoabo as lucky, a result of circumstances or a factor of other drivers errors more than of Cocoabo #23's successes. The victory at Liventia finally began to shift the spectrum. Critics quieted down. Supporters flew the flag high and proud. Cocoabo #23 was Fast and Fast Cocoabo was for real. The only question remaining - would victory at the WGP2 race of Liventia be the defining moment of Cocoabo #23's debut racing season? Or would there be another chapter written in Mount Salt, perhaps one titled "Champion"?

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:13 pm

Earlier in the week, a meeting took place where a general union of drivers was proposed. It wouldn't be an official union, such as one dealing with labor issues. Instead it would be a general one to promote goodwill and the accomplishment of common goals. After the speaker officially brought up the idea, Ms. Franssen replied.

"Vannish Motors would love to work with other teams. Our drivers, including myself, do look to work with other drivers. I personally have reached out to certain people, at least before the last WGPC season. The question is this. Besides Nexus, are any other teams interested in any semblance of an alliance?" She spoke, as she stood in front of her seat.

"I think a lot of teams take this league too personally, as an 'us versus them' thing. Being on the inside of Vannish Motors, I can say our focus has been opposite of that. We even included some imagi-whatchamacallit technology", she continued. "Our goal is to work more and more with other teams, especially into the WGPC."

She also had something else to bring up. "We've even extended an arm, offering our Dragon-chassis to any other teams interested in upcoming WGP events. We're also open to tweaking our chassis with foreign parts or tuning. Not to mention how I personally have dropped several hints about foreigners I'd like to have as my co-driver."

Wrapping it up, she said, "So I don't think this question is one Vannish Motors hasn't worked towards. When other drivers come together and wish for more than other teams to DNF, then we can consider such an official union."

She then sat and waited for other opinions.
-----

The magazine 'Wheels of Vangaziland' had a new car to test, from none other than the 'Big VM'. Looking to really boost the issue, they hired a guest writer. Magazine articles are actually written some time in advance, although the vehicle being covered would not be released until November 1, 2017.

This means the guest writer was able to test drive the vehicle at a time when the public only saw spy shots and heard rumors. Photos taken during the road test were the first public shots of the car without camouflage wrapping."

The Hammerhead, Vangaziland's Muscle Car
by J. Franssen

The first thing you notice when you see a Hammerhead, is how brash it is. It's loud in design, in execution, and literally if you are talking about it's exhaust note. It draws attention. Casual observers can't help but notice it. I spent three days driving the car for this road test. It took me from downtown Emeros to Sven Beach lighthouse, at the Southern tip of Blue Coast. 500 miles in a muscle car is not everybody's idea of a good time. Of course, a racer like me sees 500 miles in different terms.

The drive started when any road trip should start, at rush hour in the middle of the most busy commercial district. Emeros. The Business District. The Hammerhead left the 24th Street Garage at 5:01 PM, merging right into a molasses-like stream of Rolands, Taygetas and a few cars from Hodori. Immediately, a passerby on roller blades takes a phone pic.

This would happen throughout the drive, as people not in the know asked, 'what is it'. Those in the know, readers of Wheels of Vangaziland perhaps, knew they were seeing a glimpse of a car in it's first public appearance.

Hammerheads are not meant to be like The Ghost. It's about time Vannish Motors brought affordable muscle back to the populace. The 2018 Hammerhead is based on the 1969 Hammerhead, Vangaziland's most infamous muscle car of the 1960s. It's been called the heart of Vannish speed.

Retro muscle cars have been in since the start of this decade. Seven years later and we have this entry from Vangaziland.

Is the car just looks? That may depend on what you are looking for. I tested the mid-level model, the rear-wheel-drive version. The purist's edition of a muscle car. The AF model has a supercharger, but only comes in All Wheel Drive. Too hot. The entry level model comes with all the styling, but includes a V6. Too cold. 420 horsepower, real-wheel drive, V8? Just right.

Having said that, for those on a budget, the 338 hp V6 is a great purchase. The engine will keep insurance and fuel costs down. It's also easier on the bank with room for tuning, as aftermarket supplier VDM has committed to fully supporting Hammerhead upgrades. Savvy Vangazi will make their auto purchase when dealer incentives or sales are in effect. It's not impossible to walk away with this car for around 25K before taxes. It retails starting at 27.9K NSD.

The AWD version sports a supercharged 5.8L V8. It's heavy on the gas, but brings stability that those wanting to drive through the harsh Vannish winters will want, although snow tires can help the RWD models.

"The extra weight of the All-Wheel Drive model meant we had to bring boost into the equation", said Vanessa Hattieson CEO of Vannish Motors. "We see three models in the launch, but expect to see new trim levels in the future."

Translation; if you want a mid-level Hammerhead with AWD, just wait a few years. Also, if you want a bigger engine, wait a few years. A peek under the hood shows there is room to squeeze the Ghost's V-10 into the engine bay. Vannish Motors, you have my permission to call it the Franssen edition.

Speaking of editions, back to the road test. I took my time over the three days for what was about a 520 mile trip. This averaged out to a very casual 3 hours a day. Of course, that data is eschewed because of traffic in Emeros and 'generous throttle input' making for a very quick highway trip.

The cabin was more than roomy and comfortable enough for my 5'9 frame. Those over 6'2 might be a little cramped, but the seats have room to go back, with no rear bench. The steering wheel felt low and could be a problem for bigger drivers. The gauges are ergonomic and comfortable enough to read. The stereo controls are easy to use and within reach. The infotainment system works well, with clear and direct screen menus. A robust sound system shakes each mirror (as well as the vehicle occupant's insides) with more than enough bass and treble.

But we want to know how the new car drives, yes? Well, the brakes feel a little heavy. The car does not turn on a dime, rather it feels like it's riding on rails. With traction control on, you'd feel a slight bit of understeer. Turn it off, and one should beware of possible over steer. Hint? Leave the traction control on and learn how to double tap your brakes to get the tail going.

The positives? It's quick. If you can fight the wheel through the turns, the acceleration will be a rush. Other cars will have a hard time passing you. The Roland sedan comes with a 4.3L Turbo V-8. The Hammerhead is half the price and about just as nice. Our test car was badged the TE6, or 'Total Edition 6'. We can compare the Hammerhead's 420 hp against the Roland's 454 hp. Weight makes all the difference.

It bests the Roland to 60 mph by .1 seconds at 4.7 sec. It does the quarter mile, just as fast at 12.8 seconds. It handles better, obviously and officially on the skidpad with .91g versus .86g. It's faster, limited only by the forces of drag, as opposed to the Roland's speed limiter. In car boasting circles, some might like a naturally aspirated 5.8L bigg-un. Others might enjoy the turbo and it's extra, inherent sound FX.

The car felt smooth on the highway, unfettered, perfect for a Sunday cruise or a day at the track. If you push, it asks how fast. The test driver was a manual, but the automatic is also responsive. You can modify your car's fuel-air ratio, gear ratios and other details through the included ECU interface, the TunaTune.

The crew took a detour, to cross Runolf's bridge. The old structure is more than adequate enough of a test for the Hammerhead's ride quality. Rough. There is enough give to where the car will not be damaged. At no time did the chassis slam onto the cobblestone surface. But it did rumble enough to shake dental fillings loose. Score 1 point for the Roland, which would absorb cobblestone bumps with a feisty shock system.

Finally we arrived at Blue Coast. The city is known as 'Vangaziland's Flashiest'. What better place to show off Vannish Motors' newest dish? The ride to the beach was much more enjoyable than leaving Emeros. The Hammerhead drew looks wherever it went. And yes, the tints were in effect and quite dark. Onlookers had no idea a pro-racer was behind the wheel. The car was enough of a star.

It was also easy to park, especially with the back-up camera looking out for your blind spots. The mirrors are a bit small and sometimes hampered by the fender flares at certain angles. The A-pillar is relatively small and promotes decent vision, especially compared to certain other 'muscle cars'.

Over the three day trip, the car held its own in both highway and city driving. The trunk is large enough for daily driving, as long as you only need to tote around one additional person.

The verdict? This car gets the J. Franssen stamp of approval. Look for it in dealerships this November. Choose from the colors burgundy red, ocean blue, outrageous orange, blacktop, super silver and gray. Can't afford one this year? Just wait, because we all know limited edition colors and trims are in the near future.

Wheels of Vangaziland
NOV 2017

SC3 - 'Sports Car 3'
MSRP - $27,995 NSD (base) 29,995 (loaded)
3.6L V6 - 338 hp @6100 RPM, 301 lbs-ft torque @5000 RPM
Rear Wheel Drive
19 MPG city, 26 MPG highway
Weight - 3389 lbs

6-speed manual w/overdrive, 8-speed auto (standard)
18" Wheels (Optional 20" w/appearance package, includes leather interior)
AM/FM Stereo, CD/MP3 player, Vanscript Satellite Radio (2 year subscription)
12 speaker system (15 speaker optional)
Sliding headlight covers
Power steering, Windows & Doors
fog lights (optional RGB lighting package)
Alarm & Tracking

Zero to 60 mph: 5.3 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 13.2 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 13.8 sec @ 105 mph
Top Speed: 160 mph (computer limited)
Braking, 70-0 mph: 165 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.91 g
-----

TE6 - 'Total Edition 6'
MSRP - $31,499 (base) $38,750 NSD (loaded)
5.8L V8 - 420 hp @ 5900 RPM, 402 lbs-ft torque @ 4600 RPM
Rear Wheel Drive
17 MPG city, 24 MPG highway
Weight - 3520 lbs

6-speed manual w/overdrive, 8-speed auto (standard)
19" Wheels (20" optional)
Full leather seating & dash (optional wood trim)
heated and cooled, fully adjustable seats
AM/FM Stereo, CD/MP3 player, 5 disc-changer, Vanscript Satellite Radio (2 year subscription)
15 speaker system
Sliding headlight covers, RGB adjustable color led-strip blinkers
RGB color adjustable fog lights
Alarm & tracking
9.5" LED screen, w/NAV
TunaTune, engine performance chip w/ interface
Factory tuned suspension
VDM cold-air intake

Zero to 60 mph: 4.7 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 10.6
Standing ¼-mile: 12.8 sec @ 112 mph
Top Speed: 174 mph (drag limited)
Braking, 70-0 mph: 161 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.92 g
-----

AF - 'All Four'
MSRP - $46,750 NSD (with delete options) - 48,950
5.8L supercharged V8 - 502 hp @ 6100 RPM, 481 lbs-ft torque @ 4800 RPM
All Wheel Drive
16 MPG city, 20 MPG highway
Weight - 3920 lbs

Choice of '6-speed manual w/overdrive, 8-speed auto' at no extra cost
All other previously listed options
20" wheels standard, 20" wheel delete (18's test higher/less weight)
Weight delete package
Supercharger compatability upgrades

Zero to 60 mph: 4.4 sec
Zero to 100 mph: 9.5 sec
Standing ¼-mile: 12.4 sec @ 118 mph
Top Speed: 173 mph (drag limited)
Braking, 70-0 mph: 160 ft
Roadholding, 300-ft-dia skidpad: 0.96 g
Last edited by Vangaziland on Sun Feb 11, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:45 pm

Mount Salt Raceway, Eastfield Lodge
Pre-Race

“This season has not been a failure.”

“Some on the outside look at it in that way. They point to the fact that we haven’t been as successful on track as our inaugural WGPC campaign. They think that our victories there were fireworks, brightly lighting up the night for an instant before fading away and dying.”

“It is fortunate for us, then, that they couldn’t be more wrong. We are not extinguished; we fling our light into the future so as to blaze even more brightly. We have spent this season preparing, designing a car that is superior in every regard to the Chase Cutter of WGPC 15, one that is more aerodynamic, more agile, more powerful - faster - and working with two drivers to bring out their potential in mastering the intricacies and divergences of that car. That road hasn’t always been easy, I know, and, to Rebecca and Lukar, I sincerely thank you for staying the course.”

“Most of those who have supported us from the beginning know all of this. They trust that we’re still moving in the right direction - and we are but we still need to show them that we are worthy of that trust. Those who no longer believe that we’re capable of greatness we need to win back, to show them that we are not a firework but a beacon.”

“We march ever onward; these are not the last days of Nexus Racing but the night before the shining dawn. Let’s show everyone those first few rays here and now.”
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Eastfield Lodge
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 23, 2008
Democratic Socialists

Postby Eastfield Lodge » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:54 pm

Race 12: Grand Prix of the Imperial Commonwealth
Race Day

9 Drivers. 4 Teams. 2 Titles. 46 Laps.

It is Time. Time To Ride for Glory.

Conditions: DRY
Laps: 46
Tyres:
    Super Soft (+0.0s, 6 laps)
  • Soft (+0.5s, 10 laps)
  • Medium (+1.6s, 22 laps)

P    # Driver              Team				Race Time	Interval	Pts
1 7 Juracai Klianiota Novikov Racing 1:12:12.323 +0:00.000 25
2 13 Jang Xiaopeng Vannish Motors Racing 1:12:28.958 +0:16.635 18
3 23 Cocoabo #23 Tropicorp Engineering 1:12:43.253 +0:14.295 14
4 33 Jenna Vandersen Vannish Motors Racing 1:12:45.591 +0:02.338 10
5 31 Cesaro Whittaker Tropicorp Engineering 1:12:56.904 +0:11.313 8
6 15 Rebecca Darlington Nexus Racing 1:12:59.007 +0:02.103 6
7 5 Timo Jänkirinää Katara Racing 1:13:04.866 +0:05.859 4
8 66 Jack Kelly Katara Racing 1:13:16.657 +0:11.791 3
9 3 Armo Lehto Academy Racing LAP-1 +0:48.991 2
10 19 Dom Falepeau Junixwagen LAP-1 +0:05.032 1
11 4 Manny "Lil E" Epula Obey Sport GP LAP-1 +0:07.177
12 27 Lukar Urdaneta Nexus Racing LAP-1 +0:12.514
13 26 Shinno Soukuba MSA-SinVal LAP-1 +0:19.930
14 18 Gorria Bildostegi Yogutz Lantzia LAPS-2 +0:50.156
15 11 Luna Estrella Novikov Racing LAPS-2 +0:01.290
16* 89 Marcus Schwarz Junixwagen Ret. Lap 45
DNF 63 Dalia Dahl MSA-SinVal Ret. Lap 33
DNF 9 Jannik Markner Academy Racing Ret. Lap 26
DNF 30 Saya Kaseo Nadakei Sport AYDP Ret. Lap 26
DNF 61 Renho Virzi Obey Sport GP Ret. Lap 22
DNF 17 Lourdina Westgrens Team Ignis Ret. Lap 14
DNF 94 Alyn Terfel Team Ignis Ret. Lap 10
DNF 29 Nikolai Niskanen Yogutz Lantzia Ret. Lap 1

*Classified due to completing 90% of race distance.

Drivers' Championship Standings
Pos # Name Team Pts Wins

1 13 Jang Xiaopeng Vannish Motors Racing 94 2
2 23 Cocoabo #23 Tropicorp Engineering 81 1
3 66 Jack Kelly Katara Racing 79 2
4 33 Jenna Vandersen Vannish Motors Racing 77 1
5 9 Jannik Markner Academy Racing 75 1
6 61 Renho Virzi Obey Sport GP 70 1
7 11 Luna Estrella Novikov Racing 60 0
8 5 Timo Jänkirinää Katara Racing 57 0
9 26 Shinno Soukuba MSA-SinVal 56 0
10 31 Cesaro Whittaker Tropicorp Engineering 54 0
11 17 Lourdina Westgrens Team Ignis 51 0
12 3 Armo Lehto Academy Racing 49 0
13 30 Saya Kaseo Nadakei Sport AYDP 43 1
14 89 Marcus Schwarz Junixwagen 40 0
15 15 Rebecca Darlington Nexus Racing 36 1
16 7 Juracai Klianiota Novikov Racing 35 1
17 18 Gorria Bildostegi Yogutz Lantzia 34 0
18 63 Dalia Dahl MSA-SinVal 29 1
19 29 Nikolai Niskanen Yogutz Lantzia 21 0
20 27 Lukar Urdaneta Nexus Racing 18 0
21 74 Lera Kozel Obey Sport GP 11 0
22 19 Dom Falepeau Junixwagen 10 0 (1x6th)
23 94 Alyn Terfel Team Ignis 10 0 (0x6th)
24 77 Martijn von Leeuwen Katara Racing 2 0
25 4 Manny "Lil E" Epula Obey Sport GP 0 0

Constructors' Championship Standings
Pos Team Pts

1 Vannish Motors Racing 171
2 Katara Racing 138
3 Tropicorp Engineering 135
4 Academy Racing 124
5 Novikov Racing 95
6 MSA-SinVal 85
7 Obey Sport GP 81
8 Team Ignis 61
9 Yogutz Lantzia 55
10 Nexus Racing 54
11 Junixwagen 50
12 Nadakei Sport AYDP 43
Last edited by Eastfield Lodge on Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Economic Left/Right: -5.01 (formerly -5.88)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.31 (formerly 2.36)
ISideWith UK
My motto translates to: "All Eat Fish and Chips!"
First person to post the 10,000th reply to a thread on these forums.
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
info to be added
stuff to be added
This nation partially represents my political, social and economic views.

Togonistan
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 08, 2016
Benevolent Dictatorship

Postby Togonistan » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:24 pm

Dom Falepeau took a seat in his car. This was it, this was the last race. Dom, while waiting for lights to turn on, took himself a moment to think about what he had been through these past weeks. Coming into formula car racing was not easy, definitely not easy at all. For the whole season, Dom had stood at the bottom part of the leaderboard, with only a few brighter moments here and there. How did he feel about it? Was he mad? Sad? Annoyed? No... in fact, he was calm as usually. He never thought he would be competing for the title, he was here just to gain experience. Experience of controlling a formula car. Gloria, Dom's pit lane girl, walked to his car and gave him a kiss on the cheek. As a result, Dom woke up from his thoughts, smirked at Gloria and put his helmet on.

Dom put his hands on a steering wheel and took a look at a few cars ahead of him. Manny Epula was about to enter his car as well. Dom took a good look at him as he realized something: that spark, that little something Lil E usually had in his eyes when he was about to race... it was gone. That man over there, wearing Obey Sport colors, wasn't the Manny he had knew from before. In fact, this person over there seemed dull, lazy and overall, he seemed like someone who doesn't even care. Dom did not understand what had happened to the old Manny. The one who always gave everything from himself. The one who was ready to take risks, the one who was determined to end up first no matter what.

Okay, no more time to think about it. Lights were on, Dom was ready to race. Lights went out. They were on the track.

Dom did his thing, it wasn't an easy race, but there was little something that made Dom want to do his best. At least end up in top ten. He rushed through, taking a litte bit riskier maneuvers than usual, but it paid off. As the race went on, Dom kept on rising, taking over one opponent after another. Eventually, he found himself chasing after Lil E. Again, from the way he drove, Dom realized: Manny does not even try. Dom would've expected him to try to stop him somehow, but no. In fact, when Dom was overtaking him, Manny just kind of let it happen. Dom was confused, very confused.

Eventually, they crossed the finish line. 10th place, could be worser. Dom took off his helmet and stepped out of his car. He was almost immediately greeted by his pit crew, who gave him a few pats on the back. There was no reason to celebrate, they were just happy it was over. In the middle of all this mess, Dom eventually saw Manny, all alone, heading somewhere. Dom excused himself for a moment and went after him.

''Hey, Manny!'' Dom chanted. Manny turned himself around and looked at Dom.

''What ya want? Yea, you beat me, big deal.'' Manny said, avoiding eye contact with Dom.

''Manny, are you okay?'' Dom asked, looking at him with a worrying expression on his face.

''Me? Okay? Ya, i'm fine. Perfectly fucking fine.'' Manny started showing some signs of anger.

''Okay... good. Now, tell me, what's really up? I kept my eye on you today, you seem to be really out of shape.''

''Wats up? Wassup? I'll tell ya wassup! Do i look like a bitch to you?'' Manny asked as he took a few steps towards Dom.

''Um... no, not at all.'' Dom was kind of confused.

''Then why they shittin' on me?'' Manny kicked a small loose stone on the asphalt.

''Who is they?'' Dom asked, keeping his eyes on Manny at the same time.

''Motherf***in Obey. First i go and test with them, I clearly do better than any of their other candidates. Do I get a contract? Hell naw, they gave it to some other moron. Then this dude tells them to go screw themselves, and what do they do? That's right, they choose some random instead of me. And now, when this b*tch lost her license due to political crisis or whatever, now they finally took notice of me. That's right, when shit goes bad for them, that is when they sign me. Ya hear me? And what do they think, they think I will actually try? They think I will even care anymore? No, of course not, there was no point in it. It was clear that with four races, I have no chance to change anything. I was nothing but a last straw for them. All they cared about was saving their tiny lil arses.''

Dom looked at Manny and nodded at the same time. When Manny finished his monologue, Dom took a moment before answering: ''Then why did you accept to drive for them?''

Manny looked at Dom and sighed. ''I dunno man, I dunno. Maybe it was just the money, i really dunno.'' Manny put his hands around Dom and hugged him.

Dom pat Manny on his back. ''It's alright, things are not that bad. I'm sure you will find a great team next season.''

Manny looked deeply into Dom's eyes. ''There might not be another season. I think about quiting.''

Dom shook his head. ''No, no. Look at yourself. You are young, fearless, bold... you got all the qualities of becoming a great driver one day. I mean, come on, you're only eighteen. You have a whole life ahead of you. You can easily be the fastest driver in the grid if you want to. And if these guys were too dumb to realize it soon enough, then, well...''

Manny nodded. ''Thanks man. I appreciate it.''

Dom and Manny moved back to the garages. ''Hey, where you two have been? The press is here to speak to you.'' Hans said and tried to pull Dom with him.

''No,'' Dom said, ''I will not give any commentary, thank you.''

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:42 pm

Collect All Four 'Gold Edition' Vannish Motors cars by Wheels.

#1 - Dragon Concept
#2 - VM WGP2 Car
#3 - Ghost GT2
#4 - Roland Sedan

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 pm

Edvin burst out in laughter. Novikov Racing's paddock was full of whoops, jumps, and cries of joy. Juracai Klianiota had been the cream of the crop all weekend. The team's result was unprecedented. After such a tough and completely confidence sapping season, the team that seemed completely lost had finally shown what it was supposed to. The irony was intense. Every single meticulously planned course of action the team attempted through out the past months had completely failed, and just when the team went all in on a driver who'd proven herself in the form of a couple of podiums and a near total outscoring of her other teammate throughout the whole season, her lackluster and extremely disappointing partner in crime dominated the field for an entire race weekend.

Juracai was ecstatic. The pressure had mounted on him for the entire season; Terho had sensed a feeling of deep dread in him since the announcement that Luna would be the official number one for Novikov Racing to boost her title bid. But for the stars to align in such a way that not only did his car work flawlessly all weekend, but that his teammate had faltered so monumentally in her final race, was a narrative ripped out of a fairytale. Some things in life are just impossible to script, and this was one of them.

The win was a victory for the entire Abovian racing world as well. The rock bottom morales, downbeat interviews and constant bad news spilling out of Lintulahti had cast a shadow of doubt over everything from Terho Talvela's continuation in the WGPC to Project AGP's eventual materialization for next year. The Vilitian savior swooped in at just the right time to reverse the downward trend of motorsport in Aboveland, raising it back to Talvela championship-decider levels in one weekend.

There was no doubt the result would have knock on effects on the entire Abovian motorsport industry, potentially spilling out into Vilitian and Turorian and Iron Syndicate circles. Luna's disastrous conclusion of a horrible WGP2 season would definitely impair her chances of netting a drive in the top tier of multinational open wheel racing, while Klianiota's breakthrough win finally let him spread his wings, so constantly clipped off by his car's disgusting reliability, and prove what he's capable of. Add that to his year long development work on Project AGP and the future looked a brighter shade of gray for the unlucky Vilitian.

The most important effect the win would have, however, would be on Project AGP. Edvin received an abrupt shot of confidence in his abilities to manage a team after the win. As the de-facto owner of both Novikov Racing and Project AGP after Axel Novikov's effective exile from motorsport operations, the power to continue or scrap the Abovian-Vilitian and Turorian constructor bid was now in his hands. The season had shed light on how difficult it really was to create and manage a racing team from scratch, meaning that it was likely that Project AGP wouldn't be an entirely or majorly home grown moonshot as it once was meant to be. With Tropicorp now given the option to have a much larger say, stake and participation in Project AGP, even though its base would surely remain in Lintulahti the management of the resulting team woudln't be entirely in Aboveland's hands, as wouldn't its driver choice for next season. If Tropicorp agreed to a joint venture with Edvin's mature Project AGP team, it could easily spill one of its own home drivers into a Project AGP campaign in the WGPC, be it Fast Cocoabo or development driver Juracai Klianiota. It was clear that running a team for next season would be a huge gamble, not only for Edvin, but for Terho, whose hunger for a second world title was as intense as ever. If the car turned out to be a total flop like Novikov's, his career would plummet.

However, a failure of such titanic proportions would be unlikely.

With Tropicorp's expertise, Edvin's leadership excellence and Terho and Juracai's expert inputs on the car throughout the year, Project AGP could finally live up to the hype and deliver the Abovian crowd the home triumph they longed for.

~

Hiding in his mountain lodge in Avsidelsiggendevuoret, Axel Novikov checked his email. It was from some Nexus Racing guy. Ugh, racing. He felt like a failure. His namesake team had flopped completely, and as soon as he left the managerial throne the damn car had begun to work properly. There was no way in hell he'd touch a racetrack again.

But the subject of the message was cryptic, and the body of the text gave no further information.

He was curious. Too curious to pass on whatever opportunity the correspondence withheld.

He grabbed a long brown corduroy trench jacket, a satin laced fedora, and donned his highest quality disguise glasses. What surprises had life prepared for him?
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:39 pm

Vangaziland wrote:Earlier in the week, a meeting took place where a general union of drivers was proposed. It wouldn't be an official union, such as one dealing with labor issues. Instead it would be a general one to promote goodwill and the accomplishment of common goals. After the speaker officially brought up the idea, Ms. Franssen replied.

"Vannish Motors would love to work with other teams. Our drivers, including myself, do look to work with other drivers. I personally have reached out to certain people, at least before the last WGPC season. The question is this. Besides Nexus, are any other teams interested in any semblance of an alliance?" She spoke, as she stood in front of her seat.

"I think a lot of teams take this league too personally, as an 'us versus them' thing. Being on the inside of Vannish Motors, I can say our focus has been opposite of that. We even included some imagi-whatchamacallit technology", she continued. "Our goal is to work more and more with other teams, especially into the WGPC."

She also had something else to bring up. "We've even extended an arm, offering our Dragon-chassis to any other teams interested in upcoming WGP events. We're also open to tweaking our chassis with foreign parts or tuning. Not to mention how I personally have dropped several hints about foreigners I'd like to have as my co-driver."

Wrapping it up, she said, "So I don't think this question is one Vannish Motors hasn't worked towards. When other drivers come together and wish for more than other teams to DNF, then we can consider such an official union."

She then sat and waited for other opinions.

The Royal Olympia Hotel, Mount Salt City
19th of October

Guard blinks. Have I... I was so caught up in the moment that I missed the entire point of what I was trying to say. Never mind. This is more than salvageable.

He smirks. “If you’re willing for the Dragon chassis to dissected, reverse engineered and its best aspects assimilated into our own, I am sure that Gertrude and our engineers would be more than happy to have access to one or seven.”

Then his face grows serious again. “I agree that we need to bring other teams into the fold for this effort to succeed; in fact, that is, to a degree, the whole point. I also think, though, that we need to approach this with the same philosophy that we are trying to enact as our goal: unity is strength.” He looks at each of them once more. “That’s the other reason that I invited you all here: I want you and our teams to form the core of this union. Since, as you say, most just aren’t motivated enough for an organisation like this at the moment, if we are to make change we effectively need to drag those who aren’t interested over to our point of view. To do that, we have to work together; if this is to be a success, it needs to have momentum and visibility from the very beginning - a structure, leadership -” his eyes barely perceptibly dart towards Axel before darting back just as quickly - “and, most importantly, membership.” He nods, looking firmly at Jessica. “Somebody has to start this; we cannot just wait for others to migrate to our position on their own.”
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:53 pm

After the Nimban spoke, Jessica responded without standing this time. "Well, first of all.. The Dragon is not a stealth bomber. If people want to dance behind the scenes and copy data, so be it. It won't sound the same. It won't have the same pedigree. We are serious. Private teams running factory cars goes back to the 50s or 60s."

"But people want to hit the track on their own here. Commendable, but it's worth considering. I've heard a few owners talking about quitting. Bullhorn! A chassis that's put forth a serious run is for sale. Heck, we could even lend the powerplant or a few other parts. VMR has tossed around the idea of adding foreign parts to our car. A Tropicorp suspension, for example. Not to copy, but to build a better car. Their cars handle better, yes? So, maybe there is a middle ground for both companies that could push the completion even farther."

"Now as far as the union. Talk about structure scares me. Everybody won't like too much of that. If we do it, it should be a council with a rep from each team. We don't need a president, a VP or a treasurer... Just an old Viking council of the track." Jess felt like the -ssen of her name stood up upon her mention of a Viking council... Although back when the Patronymic naming system was still in effect, her name would be Fransdottir.

Aboveland
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 04, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Aboveland » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:24 pm

Axel strolled into the hotel, his face buried in his coat collar, trying to stay away from the public eye. In reality, he wasn't likely to attract much attention, but he feared even the slightest disgusted look from anybody around, and he detested the idea of possibly having to sign autographs. Soon enough, he arrived at the meeting table. He took off his forward tipped fedora, revealing a glistening moistness below his eyes and a red blush spreading across his face. He could hear his own heartbeat pounding through his ears. His overblown endeavor of traversing the hotel lobby unnoticed was over. The former team principal greeted the other people present at the table, but didn't say much else. He waited patiently until the Nimban cacique began to present his idea, with open ears.

Timothy Guard spoke with a direct and persuasive tone. He was magical. Without a raise in tone, a spark of imposition or a dictatorial demand, he made his ideas sound loud and clear. Everybody in the room was completely engaged in the topic at hand, engulfed by the power of his voice. He made it seem so easy to gain people's attention. If only he'd had the social skills he needed to run his damn team...

Snap out of it, Axel thought, shaking his head and dumping his intrusive thoughts out his ears.

As he opened his eyes, he, for a split second, made eye contact with Timothy. “And, most importantly, membership,” he continued.

Uh oh.

He might have missed something important there.

An instant after Guard finished his statement, jumpy Jessica Franssen slapped the table and spoke up, startling Axel slightly. He heard her start going on about her chassis, and parts sharing, and how her team was selling their parts to help other teams, and blah blah blur whatever. But after the monotonous and tired tale of charitable-but-for-profit outsourcing of technology to teams in need, the Vangazi driver began elaborating on her thoughts about what the meeting was actually about, pulling Axel back into the real world before he dozed off. She said something about being scared of structure, how there shouldn't be leaders, how the organization proposed should be a council rather than follow one figure...

Could Timothy have chosen him as his preferred leading figure for the organization he wanted to form?

It seemed likely.

Was he capable of hauling such a heavy weight onto his shoulders?

Maybe.

But it was worth a shot.

"I think," Axel began, improvising his near future speech as he went on, "that it would be a brilliant idea to have a leading figure for the organization. He needn't be a tyrant, just a rudder to direct the council in the right way."

Yes. Good start. Now, his task was to maintain the momentum he'd built up with his introduction. Time to bombard the brilliant minds at the table with reasons why he should be the leader of the organization -even if his motives were stretched truths- being careful to tiptoe around mentioning himself. And he spoke on and on, not remembering the details of his arguments but cherishing the patient, listening eyes of the motorsport giants in his presence.
AUTONOMOUS TERRITORIES OF THE ABOVIAN UNION: Nykipiflugpuu

Home to Terho Talvela, three-time WGPC World Champion, and one-time WSRC World Champion

Vangaziland
Senator

New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:40 pm

Jessica wasn't impressed. Axel seemed all for the idea of someone leading the council. He seemed to forget that only a few individuals were at this table. There was no way anybody here should expect an entire field of drivers, daggone near a dozen teams, to step in line and accept another racer as their leader. To what end and why?

Jessica had no motivation to lead such a movement, especially not with less than a handful of teams present. It started to seem like Axel had some aspirations, or maybe delusions. Some race teams barely had the time to get through each race week. Now they want to pile on extra responsibilities?

"So, how are we to pick who leads this supposed group?" She knew certain teams had old grudges against VMR that were as tired as a 200 year old insomniac. "If we expect more than 3 teams in this, we need a council with equal representation." She felt the need to make it more final. "VMR is not signing up unless there is equal representation for each team. We do not need a spokesman or anyone campaigning for us."

If people couldn't understand that factory car teams sold chassis to other teams, VMR didn't understand this sudden need for "leadership".

Celebrating HGTC GT2 silver, 2 WGP2 cups & Franssen being Franssen
Last edited by Vangaziland on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 pm

Vangaziland wrote:Jessica wasn't impressed. Axel seemed all for the idea of someone leading the council. He seemed to forget that only a handful of people were at this table. There was no way anyone here should expect an entire field of drivers, daggone near a dozen teams, to step in line and accept another racer as their leader. To what end and why?

Jessica had no motivation to lead such a movement, especially not with less than a handful of teams present. It started to seem like Axel had some aspirations, or maybe delusions. Some race teams barely had the time to get through each race week. Now they want to pile on extra responsibilities?

"So, how are we to pick who leads this supposed group?" She knew certain teams had old grudges against VMR that were as tired as a 200 year old insomniac. "If we expect more than 3 teams in this, we need a council with equal representation." She felt the need to make it more final. "VMR is not signing up unless there is equal representation for each team. We do not need a spokesman or anyone campaigning for us."

If people couldn't understand that factory car teams sold chassis to other teams, VMR didn't understand this sudden need for "leadership".[/align]

Guard nods. “Your point is more than valid; every team that is a part of WGP racing should have a seat at the table and no more than that. This union, if it is to be formed, needs to treat everybody equally and let all opinions be heard. However,” and he raises his right index finger, “a chair- and spokesperson of some sort, in my view, would be a highly useful asset in safeguarding its unity - quelling factionalism, ensuring focus and direction, et cetera - and allowing it to perform its role.”

“This person would have to be chosen carefully, then. They would, of course, need to have a thorough knowledge of both the WGPC and WGP2 formulae; simultaneously, they would need to be a neutral figure, apart from the competition so as to be without bias.”

Timothy waits, hoping that the others around the table will come to the conclusion that he had come to and realise why he had invited Axel Novikov to this meeting in the first place.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports