NATION

PASSWORD

Savojarna 34 (World Cup of Hockey) - Everything Thread

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Gregoryisgodistan
Senator

Founded: Jun 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Gregoryisgodistan » Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:42 pm

Gregoryisgodistan Announces Plans To fight No-Contact Order If Necessary

Gregoryisgodistan announced that it will fight any and all prosecution or lawsuits in Esparmuran courts as a result of a so-called "no-contact order" granted to Rickey White yesterday. First of all, the Gregoryisgodistan Hockey Federation argues, they were not properly served notice of the order until after the game against Esparmuran. Second of all, the lawyers argue the Esparmuran courts have no jurisdiction over matters in Savojarna. Third of all, and most critically, forbidding any contact during a hockey match, which is a contact sport, is "patently absurd" and could not possibly be the opinion of a rational court.

However, observers pointed out it remains to be seen if Esparmuran courts will interpret the order literally. White was not injured during the match today, and while the match was somewhat more physical than usual, there was nothing beyond the pale, nor any deliberate attempts to injure White like on previous occasions. He was checked hard into the boards a few times, but that was well within the rules of hockey and well within the risks that White should have accepted when playing hockey.

According to Government Lawyer Bob Borders, who famously defended Enemy Crusher Biggy McParis in his capital murder trial in the Free Republics and was later briefly jailed in Quebec for contempt of court following an epic fight with a judge, "This ruling is completely unreasonable, and I hope the Esparmuran courts will not interpret it literally and find us in violation. However, should they do so, we will appeal it all the way to the Esparmuran Supreme Court if we have to. We will not under any circumstances pay any damage for playing a physical game of hockey, nor for playing it exactly like we were supposed to. We violated no rules of the game of hockey, nor any laws of Savojarna or Esparmuran, and to insist that this somehow violates a so-called 'no-contact order' because we were physical with an opposing player in a contact sport, is patently absurd, arbitrary, and capricious." Borders promised to fight the ruling on behalf of the government and the hockey team, much as he has fought other governments before when defending Enemy Crushers and other brave noble heroes. But there's one key difference - those brave, noble enemy crushers killed people. These brave, noble enemy crushers, didn't. So Borders is far more optimistic that his case will succeed. "I truly believe we have a chance to win this. We may not be able to convince the world that Enemy Crushers are brave and noble for killing people and do not deserve prison, but we should certainly be able to win a case that they are allowed to play hockey as a contact sport. We look forward to the challenge."

A copy of Borders' letter and statement were forwarded to attorneys for the Esparmuran Hockey Federation, and to Mr. White's attorneys. How this will play out in the courts remains to be seen, and it could quickly blow over if the Esparmuran government does not press charges or file claims. However, if they do decide to find Gregoryisgodistan in violation of the no-contact order, we could have quite an epic legal battle on our hands which would rival the epic battles on the ice in years gone by.
Last edited by Gregoryisgodistan on Wed Oct 18, 2017 5:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gregoryisgodistan, population 75,000,000. All citizens are required to worship Lord Almighty Gregory, our head of state, as a deity.
IBS II Champions
Beach Cup IX Round of 16
World Indoor Soccer Championship 6 - 2nd place
BoI XIV Champion
IBS III Champions
WCoH 22 Round of 16
WB XXII 10th Place in Casaran, advanced to Round of 32
IBS IV host, champion
4th in WCoH 23
WBC 29 QF
HWC 12 hosts
WJHC VI 2nd place,
CoH 60 4th place
WCoH XXIV Champs
CoH 61 Runner-Up
IBS VI Champs
BOI XVI Host
IBS VII Champs
WCoH XXV 2nd Place
WBC 32 2nd Place
IBS VIII host and champs
WBC 33 Host/QF
WCoH 27 co-host and champs
WC 72 Qualifier
WBC 34 champs
CoH 67 Third place

New Danican
Spokesperson

Founded: Feb 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby New Danican » Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:51 pm

New Danican Sports Network

New Danican wins in overtime thriller

The New Danican Lions manage to pull off both a comeback, and an OT victory yesterday, as they beat Byornoya Islands(0-2) 2-1 in overtime, winning there second straight game, and giving the national team there first winning streak in World Cup of Hockey history. New Danican(2-0) has already turned themselves around since last tournament, preforming much better than the last tournament, where they managed only one win in the whole tournament. Byornoya scored first, after 2 shutout periods, in the third period with only 4:00 left in the game. With time running out New Danican coach, Dan Johnson, made the call to pull goalie Johnathan Turner, putting in Andy Ball as the extra attacker. With only 10 seconds left in the game, Andy made a quick pass to captain Arthur Armstrong who fired a shot in goal with only one second left on the clock tying the game at 1. Following this overtime started and after only a few minutes Andy found Armstrong once more, scoring the game winning goal. When asked about his clutch goal, Armstrong had this to say: "I knew if I could get the puck I could score, the goalie was too far out for him to get back in time. Despite all the defensive players arround me, he somehow made a pass right where I needed it, in the end, although I scored the goal, Andy tied the game, his heads up pass saved up from defeat, and he proved, once again, that he deserves to be here." Now New Danican will face Novaya Zemlya, who is also 2-0, and who also has 5 points. New Danican also remains tied with Novaya Zemlya, the winner will likely take the lead in Group H.

Game Summary
New Danican 2-1 Byornoya Islands
Stats

StatNew DanicanByornoya Islands
Goals21
SOG3026
PP0/20/3
Time of Possession42:2925:31

Goal Summary
First Period
None
Second Period
None
Third Period
(16:00)Scorer 1, Assists: Unassisted. 0-1
(19:59)Arthur Armstrong(1,4), Assists: Andy Ball. 1-1
Overtime
(8:00)Arthur Armstrong(2,5), Assists: Andy Ball, Johnathan Turner. 2-1
New Danican Embassy Program
NS nation isn't reprentative of my IRL views.
Don't use NS Stats.
Tech Levels: FT, Fantasy

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:52 pm

Yoko Ishizawa - Hello and welcome to another interview with a Hinodejin national hockey team member. Although the Hinodejin failed to surpass Nurkama in a fairly fought battle, I have the pleasure of speaking with one of Kita-Hinode's finest performers at that effort, Shoma Tomashina. It's a pleasure to speak with you, miss Shoma.
Shoma Tomashina - I'm just as happy. Hello, mom!
YI - Shoma, first... how does it feel to travel between dimensions?
ST - I liked it. It was a bit fuzzy at first but I think we managed to get a good hold of this new place.
YI - So, tell us about the recent loss.
ST - Well... nobody likes losing, I think that's obvious, but like our manager often says, we're here in a reconnaissance mission. Can't really set the world on fire as is. We do try our best though, so I think even if we're not the most favored side, we should perform at least respectably and the fact they barely squeezed out the win should show how good we've been.
YI - Your two previous games have been fairly tight affairs, in all fairness.
ST - Shows you how we're working hard. We'd rather be commendable in failure than taking our losses without a care. I consider it an opportunity to enhance my skills for one.
YI - Is this why you accepted the invite?
ST - In a way... But I liked what miss Kira proposed with this team and I got curious over the dimensional trip. Many of us did.
YI - Now, for those that aren't aware, you're one of the many players of this team whose family is only half Hinodejin, from your father's side. Is it considered contentious for you and those other players to represent the Empire?
ST - Not really. I'm a Hinodejin, regardless of where my mom came from... although I do have a bit of a bias, since I'm from Mido-Hinode¹, which has always been a pretty... positive part of the Empire. Locals from places like the former HRE¹ might have some second thoughts but in the grand stage of things? I'd say it all worked out well for those that knew better.
YI - My last political question, did you agree with the Queen's recent policies before we started dimension traveling?
ST - I think it was for the best. As much as I don't like the idea of people getting killed over refusal to join the Empire, there was no way we could safely travel to these parts while enabling the sort of maniac other countries home. Imagine what those sorts of hordes would do around these parts.
YI - Changing the topic a bit, you've played your first season of Hinodejin Hockey Championship ice hockey level at the age of sixteen last season and now play for the national team. Do you feel like things have started out fast or is it natural for a player of your skills to do so?
ST - Absolutely fast. In my defense, the Shira-Hinode¹ Musketeers scouted me during a high school game. I had plans of going to the Mido-Hinode University at first but their hockey team came off as having been defaced after miss Kira left, so I took up the offer to play professionally instead while attending the Zeppelin University's campus at Amirishima¹ and the national team invitation came out from a respected trainer, I can't say I expected it.
YI - You're still very young for a professional sports player, however...
ST - Oh, I agree! There's a picture of our team celebrating my first win... They're all pouring beer while I'm in the back corner of the picture drinking apple juice. I'm fine with being the team's little girl but to say I haven't had any problems adjusting to this would be a lie.
YI - Yet, you've helped out your team finish atop of the Western Division of the Imperial Conference, only falling short at the Conference Finals against the Tentai¹ Capitals.
ST - Well, just because I'm small doesn't mean I can't rock your world. Keep that in mind.
YI - Note taken. In any case, it was great talking with you and I hope you'll do well in your next match. I'm Yoko Ishizawa for sunriseclub.net and I hope you all a good night.

¹ - To ease up foreigners, we've set down a little section where you too can understand the nuances of Hinodejin society, or in this case, understand where all these places are.
Mido-Hinode - The equivalent to RL!Skaneland, granted to the Hinodejin during the Swedish Independence War. From there, they would later advance towards Denmark, later known as Luna-Saria based after the two big cities that would be established by the invading forces as peaceful settlements for the locals while their forces were squashed.
HRE - The Holy Roman Empire, a former enemy of the Hinodejin Empire. Successive wars in the 2110s saw the end of their claims as the Hinodejin would often topple their Emperors. Notably, they saw ten different leaders in a four year period because of that.
Shira-Hinode - The equivalent to the RL!Department of Var. Conquered from the Papal States during earlier squabbles, the region became home of one of the finest ports in the Empire, fully establishing them in the Mediterranean.
Amirishima - The equivalent to RL!Amsterdam. Notably, not too different from the actual Amsterdam thanks to Hinodejin rule being a bit too savvy for their own good.
Tentai - The equivalent to RL!Beijing. Thanks to Hinodejin advances, the Chinese switched their capital to Nanjing and the city would be eventually taken over by the invaders. Under Queen Taki, however, the city was elevated to Hinodejin capital and soon saw many developments towards integration of the city with the nation, including one hockey team that has yet to win the Countess Mina Trophy, HHC's major trophy.
Last edited by Kita-Hinode on Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Fri Oct 20, 2017 6:47 am

The All-Banija Sports Magazine
The only nationwide publication that is all sports, all the time!

Banija celebrates a goal by center Hervé Pélissier(#13) in the 2nd period

Stunning Banijan shutout victory over Lisander puts team in second place after two games

STOREVIK, EJANA- Banija was not expected to do much damage at the World Cup of Hockey. While they've competed at the last Winter Olympics, a team that's never been to this competition, without much of a domestic hockey scene on the home front, cannot be expected to stick around with the big boys. And the team, of course, is playing with plenty of distractions, chief among them being that many of their own countrymen hate them. This team of white non-Mormons can really be Banijan? Regardless of your answer to that question, their talent and heart that they've been displaying on the ice cannot possibly be denied.

They went out, in their first game in this tournament, which basically felt like an away game, and took the #12 team in all of international hockey, Mercedini, and executed the power play ruthlessly. They scored three power play goals in the 2nd period, and took Mercedini all the way to the limit, until Mercedini's power and skill and strength was simply too much for this young Banijan squad to handle, as Banija eventually fell 4-3 in overtime. Still, good to take a point from the #12 team. And then, of course, putting the world on notice that Banija has indeed arrived at this tournament, with their 3-0 victory over Lisander that netted them all three points and, for the time being, put them in second place in the group after just two games.

The newcomers skated quickly, and dominated Lisander physically. In the first period, Banija was able to score their first even strength goal of the tournament. The game was competitive throughout the first period, but it was clear that Banija was skating with a purpose, and the upstart Banijans were outplaying the side from Lisander. Captain Hervé Pélissier deflected in a shot by Alexander Costas from the blue line; standing in front of the goalie, he redirected the puck towards the net already in flight and the goalie for the opponents had no chance, as they took a 1-0 lead after the first period.

In the 2nd period, there was more of the same from Banija. The team got a couple of power plays, but unlike their match against Mercedini, Banija unfortunately could not find a way to put the ball into the back of the net. They had 4 power plays in the 2nd period, and they could not convert on any of them. They even had a 5 on 3 for 1:13 where they could not score, which the head coach was obviously not pleased about. However, at even strength, towards the end of the second period, Hervé Pélissier put a wrist shot past the Lisander goalie to make the score 2-0, and put Banija in control.

Now, of course, Banija had a 2 goal lead after the 2nd period against Mercedini, and we all know what happened there. This time, however, Banija was able to hold on and clamp down. They clamped down defensively, as they suffocated Lisander, and an empty net goal with 58 seconds left by defenseman Eric Boulder put the score at 3-0, and won them not only the game, but a shutout victory. Goalie William Beheras made 27 saves in the game on 27 shots faced, and the team will celebrate their victory as they prepare for their Matchday 3 game with the team directly below them in the standings, regional rivals the Equestrian States.

Martial Odongo, after his team's first ever victory at the World Cup of Hockey, blasted people back home who would refuse to support this team. "Now, I understand that hockey is a niche sport in Banija." Said the Head Coach. "I didn't expect 50,000 Banijans to travel to Savojarna. But this open vitriol towards players who are playing for our country? This open disgust towards Banijan citizens just because of their faith? And the audacity of the Ambassador? This just makes me sick. Every single person who is wishing for their country to fail at this tournament is an unpatriotic citizen of Banija."

Not surprisingly, his comments inspired a backlash back home. The Olympic Committee of Banija said that the Head Coach's statements only 'reflects his own views', while a few politicians even said that Martial Odongo should resign from his post for his comments. An anonymous member of the Lukiiko said that 'Martial Odongo is an imbecile and a fool- he does his country nothing by coaching a sport that no native Banijans play and nobody in Banija watches, or even knows about.' With controversy swirling around this side, we'll see if they can keep their cool and turn in a worthy performance against the Equestrian States, and maintain momentum brought forward from this game.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Fri Oct 20, 2017 9:27 am

Vilita & Turori Take Down World Champions... Again!

The Vilita & Turori Ice Cat things have claimed their third consecutive victory over the reigning World Cup of Hockey champion Cosumar Ice Dragons. It all started with a stunning 5-0 victory for the Ice-Cat Things over the Ice Dragons in the Group Stage of the AOHC. As defending champions of the AOHC, Vilita & Turori were looking to prove they were still the strongest team in the region - despite the recent domination on the World stage shown by Valanora and Cosumar. While Vilita & Turori never had to face Valanora during AOHC VI in Qasden, being drawn in the same group as Cosumar a head-to-head fight was unavoidable.

What appeared on paper to be a very tight match instead became a lopsided affair as Vilita & Turori claimed a 5-0 victory en route to a runner up finish in Group Beta and a spot in the Quarter Finals. Despite the heavy defeat to Vilita & Turori, however, Cosumar still advanced to the knockout rounds and it ultimately set up a rematch of the two sides when the Ice Dragons defeated Valanora in the Quarter Finals and then the Royal Kingdom of Quebec in the Semi-Finals.

Cosumar were widely expected to post a better challenge to Vilita & Turori in the final and while the match was closer - Cosumar was able to get a pair of goals past surprise starting Ice-Cat Thing goalkeeper Snowman Avalanski; Vilita & Turori were once again able to find the twine five times and run out with the Atlantian Oceania Hockey Championship.

Now in Savojarna, however, it was back in the domain of the Ice Dragons. They were the reigning World Cup of Hockey Champions and it would be Vilita & Turori who were the challengers trying to take it away from them. The battleground would be the Stadion Ivan Petrovich in Pawlograd and the players would be the same with Cosumar and Vilita & Turori expected once again to battle for the top spot in their group. 23,000 strong as a full house of Neutrals looked forward to an exciting matchup between the reigning World Cup of Hockey International Champions and the reigning regional champions of Atlantian Oceania.

Despite the change in venue, it was once again the Ice-Cat Things who came out on top. It was a much more hotly contested match as the Cosumarites knew what was on the line but the Ice-Cat Things clearly had their number and at the end of the day it was a 2-1 victory for Vilita & Turori who had conceded their first goal of the competition in the process leaving no teams left in the World Cup of Hockey who had yet to concede a goal. The three goals the Ice-Cat Things had scored over the first two matches of Group play were the fewest among any team that had also won both matches.

With the result Vilita & Turori had proven definitively that they had what it takes to beat the champions. Now, they began their quest to prove that not only could they beat the champions, but they could BE the champions!

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:17 am

Talking Points
@ MRC.CUBE - Zoloroni, Mercedini

Hello and welcome to another edition of Talking Points bought to you by Mercedini Sports Daily, we are standing outside of the MRC.CUBE, the current home of the Mercedinian Super League's Zoloroni City Icers. The Icers have made some big money transfers in recent seasons and is one of two teams to have secured a spot in the Hockey Champion's League in every season that Mercedini has participated in the competition, the other being HK Dynamo Shebchetsik. Last season, Mercedini hit a record high of sixth in the HCL Coefficiants table, prompting the MHF to enter discussions for a potential league expansion and more money becoming available for teams to expand their rosters. However, a severely disappointing set of results for Mercedinian clubs all-round meant Mercedini fell to eighth in the new coefficient rankings, with one nation ruling the roost yet again. That's why this article of Talking Points we will be talking about the competitiveness of the HCL, and whether Mercedini can do anything about it other than to cancel their membership.

How Competitive Is The Hockey Champions League?

HCL
Coefficiants - Post HCL10

• Valanora: 107.700
  • Taeshan: 52.625
  • Novaya Zemlya: 51.250
  • Savojarna: 26.627
  • Qasden: 26.500
  • Darmen: 22.527
  • Unified Sunrise Islands: 18.940
  • Mercedini: 18.875

Last 5 Winners
  • Valharia Rangers (VAL)
  • Raynor City Raptors (VAL)
  • Raynor City Raptors (VAL)
  • Valanari Kings (VAL)
  • Therathor Majestics (VAL)
When the Mercedinian Hockey Federation was founded, few predicted that Hockey would become a major sport in the nation with man surprised at the fact that it is currently rivalling tennis as Mercedini's second biggest sport, after football, of course. This has led to an explosion of ice hockey infrastructure in towns and cities across the nation with the two main players being Zoloroni and Shebchetsik. Recent successes in the World Cup of Hockey and the World Junior Championships has meant Mercedini has enjoyed a fair share of the success and luck in recent tournaments. However, the Hockey Champions League has been a different story.

MHF Officials have had plenty of discussions in recent seasons about their membership of the Hockey Champions League, citing it's lack of competitiveness and one-sidedness experienced throughout the nation's time in the competition. One nation has a de-facto monopoly on the competition, and that is Valanora. The Elves currently sit in first place in the coefficient ranking table with double the rating of second places Taeshan, that is because Valanora holds nine of the eleven titles including all of the last five, which feeds into a cycle which ultimately means that teams such as the Raynor City Raptors and the Valharia Rangers have a chokehold on the competition for at least another five cycles, which has lead many to wonder whether the MHF should continue to participate in such a competition.

Critics of this point of view cite that the development of other hockey playing nations such as Savojarna, Natanians & Nosts and the aforementioned Taeshan mean the competition has seen much more diversity in the later stages of the competition, which culminated in the Raynea Monsoons (TAE) pushing the eventual Valanoran champions all the way, losing 2-0 in a shootout after a three-all draw in regulation time.

At the end of the day, it will be up to the Mercedinian Hockey Federation whether or not they renew their HCL for another year, although clubs and TV Channels will be hoping Mercedini continues to play an integral part of the domestic hockey community. With the federation already having a seat at the table as part of the WCOH Federation, plus the national team pushing hard for a top ten spot in the world ranking, the sport of ice hockey wont be disappearing anytime soon, but whether a competition containing such a large monopoly will be sustainable for the competition as a whole remains to be seen.

That's all for today's edition of Talking Points, we will return to our coverage of Mercedini's World Cup of Hockey campaign in Savojarna shortly, where the Kingfishers languish second-bottom of the group following a narrow 4-3 loss to Anthor, the group's best team and now almost certain to qualify for the knockout stages. The Kingfishers will now need three wins in a row and hope other results go their way if they want to qualify for their third consecutive knockout round. It will be tall order, but a win in their next match will undoubtedly increase confidence going into the final couple of group stage matches. From the Mercedinian capital, goodnight!
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

-Anthor-
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby -Anthor- » Fri Oct 20, 2017 11:51 am

Blackman's Incredible Game Leads Win over Mercedini
Alexander Blackman's 2 goals and 2 assists push the Ducks over the #12 team, 4-3
SHARE THIS:
Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus (@Gnaeus Tanicius Vopiscus)(TH)
Rielat 43, 602AE 8:00 AM | Vaumort, Anthor

A shot from inside Norsk Palace during last night's match that saw another Duck victory TH photo

Vaumort, Anthor(Herald) — Wednesday night was to mark all of our calendars as the Ducks headed out for the second of five matches in the group stage for the 34th World Cup of Hockey, this time they were headed in for a much more formidable opponent in Mercedini, the twelve ranked nation who did fairly decent last time the Cup ran around and have been contenders for the last few cycles; on top of that, their domestic hockey league, the Mercedinian Hockey Federation, is currently ranked eighth in the HCL which despite the lack of non-Valanoran success there, does show a mark of how developed hockey has become within Mercedini and how good their players have been, and will be in the near future. Their national team has managed to produce good enough results to see back to back berths into the Round of 16 stage of the playoffs, but has fallen into a similar slump the Ducks were stuck in until last season of failing to advance further, and assuredly Mercedini is hoping to fix that this edition.

Coach Lucius Horn was interviewed by our own Yorick Nathanson just before the game started, while the Ducks were out practicing on the ice, and was asked if his approach for this game was going to differ heavily from the Indusse match where he may have taken a more relaxed approach, and he commented that "the Indusse match I didn't see as a pushover, for sure it was their first ever international hockey match but I think approaching it with that attitude would have been ill-advised for us. In fact, you know I spoke with Graham, Harry, Alex and a number of the lads before the match and said listen, this is the time to show me where you belong on this team and how will you can be, and I think that the match, more or less, helped highlight potential strengths and weaknesses we can utilize going forward in this cup; especially since it's so much shorter then the last, we're going to have far less time to refine and tweak our playing style, roster and mechanics before we're taking on another Top 10, or Top 5 team in the playoffs."

He was also asked if he was considering removing Roderick Deschamps from the first line for rather poor play of late, but he defended his top defender by saying that although he may have had a poor domestic season, nothing from his performances on the international stage lately warranted a change in position, and he doubted that would change going forward; observers watching them train before the match and during the past few days have commented on how Deschamps seems more committed then usual to training, possibly hoping to combat any age-related effects with the traditional nose to the grind.

As the match unfolded, it proved that defense may possibly not play as strong of a role in this affair as in others; the Ducks put themselves on the scoreboard first when Austin Poindexter scored off of an assist from Kersey and Deschamps, but it didn't take much longer before the Goldfinches front lines behind their main forwards Zach Arthur and Ayal Ismaat, as well as 31-year old Yohan Chuckmennerson who was filling in at center for the injured Max Morton, who had been hurt last week with a broken clavicle; Chuckmennerson proved he was eager to show he was capable of filling in for Morton by helping with a awarded assist on Ayal Ismaat's goal just five minutes after Poindexter's that tied the game up again. The Goldfinches turned on the assault for the remainder of the first period, trying to break the tie, and they finally managed to blast by Blair Johnson and Kenneth Thorpe for a Peter Pollock goal, which came off of an assist from his brother, Ian Pollock, which propped the Goldfinches up to 2-1 with 11:31 left in the 2nd period.

It was at this point in the match that our earlier remark that defensive efforts mattered little as Horn seemed to shift to far more aggressive tactics then usual, alternating his first, second and third lines, dropping the fourth all together and sometimes even shifting large groups, or single players, depending on what he needed on the ice to maintain the attack as he hoped to use it to blunt the Goldfinches. It seemingly worked at the 6:32 mark in the 2nd period when Alexander Blackman scored the first of his goals, assisted by Graham Robertson and Muller. By the time the second period ended, the match was tied up and both sides were gasping for air slightly after some very horn-locking offensive struggles; the Duck's defense also became uncharacteristically aggressive, crashing the boards much harder and Muller letting out his enforcer role which we've typically never seen him do outside of the AIHF. By the 3rd period, this marked with the greater shift changes helped keep a nice fluidity on the nice that didn't disrupt the pace, and Kersey capitalized on it with his first coal of this Cup, coming off of a Blackman assist, who would later go on to score the winning goal as a revenge answer for Oliver Ansellini's goal at 9:34, one the Goldfinches were never able to overcome.

With the narrow, hard-fought victory against Mercedini now under the Duck's proverbial belt, they now move to a perfect 2-0-0, and almost half way through the battle to advance into the playoffs this season. Their next upcoming match is going to be up against Lisander and they represent the last real battle that the Ducks should have to face in this group stage, the team has produced moderate results over the last few WCOH editions but sits below in Mercedini in the world rankings; after them, the matches against Equestrian States and Banija, whom the latter is a completely new face to the Cup like Indusse, should be proven easier to overcome then other Groups we've played in past WCOH's; essentially, barring any major mistake, this is the Ducks' group to lose this year.

Gnaeus Tanicus Vopiscus contributed to this article.

MORE IN WORLD
  • Thunderheads locked in tough WBC playoff battle [ 348194 ]
  • Pemberton to form a coalition to pass industry regulations reforms [ 65013 ]
  • Arnhelm Ind. announces a 5% Q3 growth, sets expansion plans [ 846183 ]
MORE FROM TH
  • Baersk's latest Onys phone continues to post amazing sales, at 500k units strong so far [ 54136 ]
  • Q1 RITS goals have been reached "ahead of schedule", report from the nine industries involved [ 911546 ]
  • Health Minister Derek Cox testimony advocates for "far better commitment to public welfare" [ 115987 ]
    Comments [ 411561 ]
    © Tharsius Herald Ltd 2014

115987 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

OHenenson · 1 minute ago
Kind of underhyped the Mercedini victory if you ask me - they're the only real competitor we have in this Group, Lisander is a camouflaged flameout. Playoffs and the Ducks' first group title here we come!

92381 up · 5 down
REPLY · UPVOTE · DOWNVOTE

RorytonFanatic · 8 minutes ago
Gotta step up that defense; I really don't think he should be using the fourth line for anything but pushover matches and Deschamps needs to pick it up; we're potentially going to be facing the Ice Elephants in the playoffs, and we can't afford to give them 3 goals, let alone 1.

5411 up · 103 down

Dickey56 · 4 hours ago
#FinalsBound #DucksorDie #RobertstonisRighteous

117892 up · 37 down
Kingdom of Anthor
Capital: Vaumort
Monarch: King Michael III of House Lenova
Prime Minister: Rachael Monday
Info: Anthoran News Network, Anthoran Sports Broadcasting Network
NSS International Ratings:
WCOH 35 Champions | WJHC 15 Champions

Thibaea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thibaea » Fri Oct 20, 2017 12:22 pm

Thibaean Sports Channel Match Report and Coverage
Thibaea 2–0 Northwest Kalactin

P2 - 10:17 Elouan Beaumont (Beaumont, Pan)
P2 - 5:12 Nolwenn Côté (Fontaine, Pan)

Match Ratings (10 - 100)
(Goalie) #1 Pons Lachapelle - 88
(RD) #19 Paul André - 78
(LD) #28 Mathias Baptiste Faucher - 83
(LF) #21 Elouan Beaumont - 90
(C) #9 Edgard Pan - 97
(RF) #22 Isabelle Beaumont - 85
-------
(G) Oscar Perrault - DNP
(D) #18 Jocelyn François - 80
(D) #14 Jeannette Fontaine - 92
(LF) #33 Quentin Forest - 75
(C) #32 Nolwenn Côté - 85
(RF) #38 Gauvain Abasolo - 76
-------
(D) #25 Oroitz Deschamps - 75
(D) #24 Marin Bureau - 68
(LF) #7 Mélissa Lane - 72
(C) #21 Horace Lambert - 62
(RF) #39 Edgar Bonnet - 81
The Titans second match of their short international career was played before a roaring crowd of 12,685 at the Stadium of the People of the World in the city of Pawlograd, with even a pretty notable turnout of home supporters who traveled all this way to support their team; a number of Ligue sweaters and signs, as well as ones for the national team were spotted during the game amongst the stands and ice-level seats. The Titans were going up against fellow international rookie Northwest Kalactin and turned in their finest game to date, definitely showing off the enhancements they had made to their team following the loss last week to Novaya Zemlya, having committed themselves to making this year's run in the World Cup of Hockey a year for learning, trialing new methods and styles, and then applying them; and head coach Violette Lémieux is proud of her team for pulling of their first international victory,
which came as the result of a offensive firepower packed 2nd period, the Titans wishing to send their opponents into the locker room with a lot to mull over, and the head games seemingly worked as that score ended up being the final score.

In a post-game interview, HC Lémieux was pulled aside on the ice by one of your interviewers and gave a brief statement on "I'm overwhelmingly proud of this fine men and women; we came out here, and we played our hardest out there and it's absolutely a treasure to be able to celebrate this coming out of it. I'm especially proud that when I did ask them to turn up the heat and bring on the offense, that not only were they able to execute that well, and cleanly, but they did so with a great emphasis on teamwork will produce excellent results, which is something you saw here today. Eloun and Isabelle, they've been playing together since children so the fact she helped her older brother get an goal isn't a shock, but seeing Edgard remain committed on the attack and getting assists off of both goals was something I'm going to use in film study for future training sessions, and seeing Jeannette(Fontaine) step up and produce off of my lectures that my defenders need to be doing more then just camping on the back half of the nice, and doing so off of the secondary line, definitely another thing we're going to be using going forward."

Lémieux was also asked what she thought of their upcoming matches against the rest of the Group, stating "Well next week, hockey gods are giving us another tough opponent in Tobiasia, you know, they've definitely been around this Cup a fair while, getting a great chance to build up their experience playing against international opponents and honing their skills; they're not a Top 25 team, but they're not a rookie like us that we should just outright dismiss or jole about being easily defeated, they're definitely going to present a firm fight against us in the next match, and we're basically going to be looking at carrying forward what we did here today and hopefully repeating it next time out against the Tobiasians, and you know, if we get 1 or 6 goals next time, I'll be happy either way as long as we can continue to show we're learning, we're improving and we're committed to being competitors at no matter what time or stage."

The Titans next match is, as mentioned above, against Tobiasia, who lost this time out in a narrow overtime defeat against the group front-leader, Novaya Zemlya, and winning the match prior to that on a narrow win as well, so the Titans are definitely hoping they can prove to give them just as hard of a fight as their more advanced competitors and come away next time out with a 2-1 record, aiming for that second place spot. Following that match, the Titans will play the Byornoya Islands national team, who is also an international debutante and rookie who sit at the bottom of the group having lost both games so far, and then the final game will be against New Danican, which will be sure to round out a tough but doable schedule for the Titans this year.

Natanians and Nosts
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 25, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Natanians and Nosts » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 pm

In a really weird match,Natanians and Nosts almost drew Valanora at the WCoH.
Valanora socred the first goal with only 30 seconds into the first period with Amonion Galaethrin.Natanians and Nosts sent the puck to Suiadan Lasséseth who put the ball into play and created the conditions for Valanora's second goal.Natanians and Nosts attempted a long-shot and with 10-seconds left for the first period,Sócrates Numa North scored.
Natanians and Nosts scored first at the second period,with Sócrates Numa North again,at the tenth minute.Lesss then one minute after this,Valanora scored again with Laerbelidon Taltauré.
With 4 minutes into the third period,Natanians and Nosts scored with Edgardus Silva Castro and turned to deffence,but at the last seconds Valanora scored again and won the match.
Champions of the Londinium 7s Tournament II!!! fourth place in AVBF 7s,Plate champion at AVBF 7s III,URSA 7s 2 and Watson's Bay Int'l and also:
we reached the play-ins at WLC 22,quarter finals at WLC 26 and WLC 27 and Ro16 at WLC 28!
Hosted:WLC 27

International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Proud Esportivan since November 2016[/align]

Esparmuran
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Esparmuran » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:04 pm

Espars survive brutal Ice Slave encounter with second win
5.50 k.
National Herald/nationale Herolden - A Commonwealth of Crowns Herald Affiliate

Olaf Skovgaard
Thorsborg, Savojarna

After an extremely physical game, the Espars, with half their roster ejected for game misconducts and two injuries, managed to slug their way to a 5-2 win over the Gregoryisgodistan Ice Slaves.

The game was broiled in controversy from the very beginning, what with Espar goalie Rickey White's no-contact clause being the primary focus of the game. We don't know the specifics of the clause, or if it was even broken (so below), so it remains to be seen what will become of White and the Ice Slaves in the coming days.

The Espar line-up was heavily altered from their last game against St. Saratoga. Head coach Asgar Lange decided to place captain Orrell Beake as the third-line center, while filling his spot in with power forward Gregers Østergaard. Palle Nørup, who Beake filled in for, was moved to the fourth-line center.

Once the game began, the signature Ice Slave defence kept the Espars from breaking out of their zone early. Even with their best players the Slaves continued to eliminate any real chances for the Espars to gain any momentum. That all changed once Kim Jardine escaped the two first-line Enemy Crushers to get a breakaway nine minutes into the first period. Of course it was stopped by Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel, but it finally gave the Espars the chance to get deep into the Gregoryisgodistani zone.

Even as the Espars tried their best to avoid any brutal hits from the Ice Slaves, it was still a very physical affair. At 9:12, Enemy Crusher Bigmac Fatfrize received an interference penalty for knocking over Kay Falk, who had just passed the puck. Fatfrize was furious, and argued the interval between Falk passing and him being hit was too small to be considered interference. The refs put their foot down on the subject. Which, unfortunately, led to Fatfrize singehandledly crushing all four officials on the ice. It was a horrible, gruesome scene, which led Espar right-wing Lennox School to leave the arena temporarily. After twenty minutes of the ice crew cleaning up the bloody mess on the ice, play resumed with Fatfrize making his way to the penalty box while the back-up officials were brought in. The Espars were able to make some good chances with the power-play, but no goals were scored.

Shortly after, Torben Madsen was called for slashing Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz. McCrushawitz wasn't happy about being slashed and began charging towards Madsen, but Østergaard made his way to the Enemy Crusher and blocked his way, which led to both McCrushawitz and Østergaard receiving roughing minors. Unfortunately for the Ice Slaves, the Espars played very well during the 4-on-3 penalty-kill and did not allow any shots.

This is where things went from bad to worse. After the penalty, the Ice Slaves forwards and Espar defensemen were in a scramble in front of Rickey White's net. Enemy Crusher Bigward McFooples fired a shot towards the scrum of players, which led to Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat falling over and bumping into White. The whistle blew, and White furiously swung his stick at the crowd of Ice Slaves before being shoved by McFooples into the boards, which started a fight between him and Torben Jokumsen. After Jokumsen began to shove McFooples, White rushed toward the Espar bench and into the locker room. During all this madness, fights began to break out between Bigmac Fatfrize & Østergaard, and Slave Beater NDNSHYQ19 & Bailey Royston.

When White made his way toward the locker room, almost half of the Ice Slave roster followed him in hot pursuit. Thankfully for White, the Espars already at the bench blocked their way, causing fists to fly between the two groups. Casey Barnes received a broken jaw by an unknown Slave in the brawl. After about five minutes of all this, the back-up officials finally managed to break up the giant skirmish and sent the teams to their respective benches. The officals left the ice and spent over half an hour rewatching the tapes and sorting out penalties, and when they were done, they announced over the PA the ejection of eight Ice Slaves and five Espars. The crowd, which was almost entirely Gregoryisgodistani, was furious from this decision, and began shouting the typical "DEATH TO THE REFS" chants we've begun to expect from them. The officials, again over the PA, announced they will not continue the game unless their safety was guaranteed. Ice Slave head coach Military SuperDuperGeneral Richard Redding met with an associate of the officials, who said he would only agree if Esparmuran also had eight ejections. The referees agreed to this and returned to the rink. Wolf Paige replaced White in net.

Gregoryisgodistan:
Enemy Crusher Bigmac Fatfrize
Enemy Crusher Ronald Fatgoat
Slave Beater NDNSHYQ19
Pervert Chaser LL00PP19F
Enemy Crusher Bigward McFooples
Weatherman 92UDH9111
Enemy Crusher Porkbert McPorkerstein
Enemy Crusher Crushy McCrushawitz

Esparmuran:
Gregers Østergaard
Rickey White
Bailey Royston
Torben Jokumsen
Darren Ryley
Haven Clausen
Joakim Raske
Verner Kjeldsen

This meant Esparmuran would only be able to play three offensive and one defensive line. Gregoryisgodistan would only be able to play two offensive and two defensive lines, which is exactly what happened. For the rest of the game, Blaine Blackwood and Torben Madsen were forced to stay on the ice for the rest of the entire game.

Perhaps all this chaos was what Esparmuran needed, because afterwards Orrell Beake would score from the hashmark to make it 1-0. It was the only positive highlight for the Espars after an absolutely brutal period.

Once the second period began, it was back to more violent hits. During the second face-off of the period, Police Officer PIODO brutally charged at Darian Sidney who had just received the puck and sent Sidney flying into the boards. Blaine Blackwood shoved PIODO who pushed him back, but the officials separated them before another giant brawl could ensue. Blackwood and PIODO were both given roughing calls, with PIODO receiving a double-minor from charging. Sidney was taken to the back and did not return to the game. Lennox School begrudgingly returned to the game to fill in for Sidney. Neither the 4-on-4 nor Espar powerplay conceived goals for either side.

At 15:10 in the second, Beake recorded his second of the tournament on a backhand shot. None of the Espars on the ice had any energy to celebrate the goal and simply skated back to the bench.

43 seconds later, Paul Lauritsen made it 3-0. In a game like the WCoH 27 finals, a 3-0 score would have had the Espars ecstatic, but here, they looked as though they just wished the game would end. A full minute later, Enemy Crusher Krushallah Krushdumpy would put Gregoryisgodistan on the board with a huge slapshot that sizzled past Paige. At this point, even the Ice Slaves were looking burnt out from the game.

When the third period began, Ice Slave captain Loyal Friend of Lord Almighty Gregory Harry Rupertson had a great chance to score when he fired a one-timer towards Paige, but the puck shot off the goalpost and into the crowd.

At 8:42 Prison Guard AQIIUS managed to slip the puck in, but Asgar Lange asked the referees to take a closer look at the goal. It soon became apparent the puck was blatantly kicked in by AQIIUS, but with the weight of the "DEATH TO THE REFS" chants and Enemy Crushers nearby, the officials decided to let the goal stay. 3-2 Esparmuran.

A minute later, an exhausted Blackwood would suffer a tripping penalty to Krushallah Krushdumpy. Left-winger George Knightheart would replace Blackwood on defence for the penalty-kill. Both teams were running on fumes now, which somewhat helped Paige with keeping the drained Ice Slaves out of his net.

After the penalty ended, Lauritsen scored his second of the game with four minutes to go after taking advantage of a scramble in front of Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel's goal.

Falk would get the empty net goal with 19 seconds to go.

Good God, what a game. Sixteen ejections and two Espar injuries are certainly something to talk about, but what may be on even more minds is the situation with Rickey White. Not many details on the no-contact order have been given out, and the specifics on what would constitute a violation are vague at best. The Espar Recreational Community has not given a public statement on the subject yet. Either way, we will have to wait to see if they will even retaliate against what happened to White in the game.
Last edited by Esparmuran on Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A 24 civilization, according to this index.
Population of 1201.
Land Area: 184,334 km²
HDI: 0.760
Demographics

WCoH 27 Finalists!
Esparmuran is sparsely-populated, freezing wasteland north of the Commonwealth of Crowns. If you like hockey, dog-sledding and clubbing seals, you've come to the right place!
Lead by our Prime Minister, Mr. Jim Oullie, a jolly old man who has no time for your shenanigans.

Nurkama
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nurkama » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:36 pm

(OOC: Saving to finish up RP once I am able to)
he/him

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:15 pm

DAILY AZADESHI TIMES
Ice Hockey: TEAM WITH NO COACH???!!!!
Today the coach of the Azadeshi ice hockey teams is resigning from the coach position.Azadeshi ice hockey players are shocked by this news and are in a big problem.

Left Defender Aarvi Banerjee said "How are we going to play good if we don't have a coach?".Manager Rahul Shetty also unhappy about this said
"I am not sure why he left, maybe because we lost the second match?But I am sure we are going to have some changes and we definitely need to find a coach!".

Next week: A big debate about "Should we have a ice hockey league in Azadeshia?".
Other News: Halapur FC won their match against FC Bunarask and Kapalipuram against Niklam United in Group A Azadeshi Football League (AFL).
Last edited by Azadeshia on Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:07 am

Tobiasian WCOH 34 Squad
(Goalie) Jack Werson
(RD) Eddie Reopde
(LD) James Djamille
(LF) Elenor Yutzo
(C) Matthew Uwelson
(RF) Raul Finch
-------
(G) Matthias Uzcop
(D) Oscar Delwin
(D) David Heran
(LF) Susan Dewak
(C) Abraham Erdet
(RF) Mark al’Bertad
-------
(D) Sally Jounas
(D) Sue Guilio
(LF) Mark Hudmavker
(C) Edgar Lane
(RF) Hannah Alwacson
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Savojarna
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 11, 2016
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Savojarna » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:20 am

SavojarSports.sj Result Center
Ice Hockey => International => WCoH 34 => Group Stage => MD 3

THIS IS YOUR THIRD CUTOFF OF THE TOURNAMENT

Hockey songs of the world - Topronto Maple Leafs (Canada)
(In order to shorten waiting time, I will post different songs about hockey)

Group A
Kaboomlandia 6–1 The Greater Dog Islands
Aquitayne 2–4 Savojarna
The Davidian Islands 3–1 ASMRLAND

Group A Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Savojarna 3 3 0 16 7 +9 9
2 Kaboomlandia 3 2 1 17 10 +7 6
3 Aquitayne 3 2 1 10 8 +2 6
4 The Davidian Islands 3 1 2 8 9 −1 3
5 The Greater Dog Islands 3 1 2 4 14 −10 3
6 ASMRLAND 3 0 3 5 12 −7 0

Group B
Esparmuran 3–2 Calapooia
Kebec 1–0 Gregoryisgodistan
New Jarwel 3–4 St. Saratoga

Group B Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Esparmuran 3 3 0 12 5 +7 9
2 Kebec 3 3 0 8 1 +7 9
3 Gregoryisgodistan 3 1 2 3 6 −3 3
4 St. Saratoga 3 1 2 5 9 −4 3
5 Calapooia 3 0 2 4 6 −2 2
6 New Jarwel 3 0 2 6 11 −5 1

Group C
Alpine Union 3–1 Kita-Hinode
Neu Engollon 4–4 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec (0–2 SO)
Nurkama 2–1 Aggrey-Fynn Land

Group C Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Alpine Union 3 2 0 9 4 +5 8
2 Neu Engollon 3 2 0 12 9 +3 7
3 Nurkama 3 2 1 7 6 +1 6
4 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 3 0 0 8 8 0 5
5 Kita-Hinode 3 0 2 5 8 −3 2
6 Aggrey-Fynn Land 3 0 3 5 11 −6 0

Group D
Vilita and Turori 4–5 Oontaz Dert Li Ng
Qasden 5–9 Cosumar
Coldfield 4–5 Ravenclaw Army

Group D Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 3 2 1 19 11 +8 6
2 Qasden 3 2 1 14 10 +4 6
3 Vilita and Turori 3 2 1 7 6 +1 6
4 Oontaz Dert Li Ng 3 2 1 12 15 −3 5
5 Ravenclaw Army 3 1 2 5 10 −5 3
6 Coldfield 3 0 3 7 12 −5 1

Group E
Mercedini 3–0 Indusse
Lisander 1–5 Anthor
Equestrian States 3–4 Banija

Group E Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Anthor 3 3 0 11 5 +6 9
2 Banija 3 2 1 10 7 +3 7
3 Mercedini 3 2 1 10 7 +3 5
4 Equestrian States 3 1 2 6 7 −1 3
5 Lisander 3 1 2 2 8 −6 3
6 Indusse 3 0 3 3 8 −5 0

Group F
Abanhfleft 7–4 Hampton Island
United States of Devonta 0–2 Elejamie
Cittavia 3–1 Somersville

Group F Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Abanhfleft 3 3 0 18 10 +8 8
2 Elejamie 3 2 1 9 4 +5 7
3 United States of Devonta 3 2 1 9 6 +3 6
4 Cittavia 3 2 1 7 5 +2 6
5 Hampton Island 3 0 3 6 14 −8 0
6 Somersville 3 0 3 7 17 −10 0

Group G
Natanians and Nosts 4–2 Nyaryaga
Cosneolta 0–1 Valanora
Bongo Johnson 1–2 Azadeshia

Group G Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Valanora 3 3 0 9 6 +3 9
2 Cosneolta 3 2 1 5 2 +3 6
3 Azadeshia 3 1 1 6 6 0 5
4 Natanians and Nosts 3 1 1 11 10 +1 4
5 Nyaryaga 3 1 2 12 9 +3 3
6 Bongo Johnson 3 0 3 3 13 −10 0

Group H
Tobiasia 4–4 Thibaea (3–2 SO)
New Danican 2–6 Novaya Zemlya
Northwest Kalactin 6–4 Byornoya Islands

Group H Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Novaya Zemlya 3 3 0 10 3 +7 8
2 Tobiasia 3 1 1 11 8 +3 6
3 New Danican 3 2 1 11 10 +1 5
4 Thibaea 3 1 1 6 6 0 4
5 Northwest Kalactin 3 1 2 9 13 −4 3
6 Byornoya Islands 3 0 3 7 14 −7 1

Teams marked in RED are officially eliminated. Teams in GREEN are already qualified.
Last edited by Savojarna on Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:32 am, edited 4 times in total.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

The adjective is Savojar; Savojarnan is not a word!
I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Banija
Senator

Founded: Mar 06, 2015
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Banija » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:23 pm

The All-Banija Sports Magazine
The only nationwide publication that is all sports, all the time!

The Crown Prince stunningly declares his support for the Banijan hockey team alongside Banija's only gold medalist after defeating regional rival the Equestrian States

Banija celebrates winner at the death against the Equestrian States

STOREVIK, EJANA- Banija's ice hockey team has had quite an impact off of the ice. They have been a lightning road of controversy, and the simple presence of their team has led to the firing of a Banijan Ambassador, the one to Savojarna. They have been a political controversy, and now, off the ice, they have even drawn the comment of a member of the House of Katende, a rare venture from the Royal Family into what could technically be considered a domestic political issue, though of course, as they are simply a national team representing the country, this would be probably considered a gray area under the Constitution.

Stunningly, shortly after Banija's exciting 4-3 victory, The Isebantu(which is the Banijan title for Crown Prince) declared his 'total' support for the Banijan ice hockey team, and the man first in line to the throne, as well as the Waziri(the Banijan title for Foreign Minister), has now waded into this situation. This is the comment he released today when asked on the situation. "This team is fighting hard for its country. 2 wins in a row in ice hockey, at their first ever World Cup in this event? The team in second place over halfway through the playoff, and has a chance to be the cinderella of the tournament by shockingly qualifying for the Round of 16? Wearing our colors and singing our anthem? How could we not support them? I have been following them closely, and they have my complete and total support'.

While Banija erupted into an uproar on his statement, not only on his statement specifically, but whether a member of the Royal Family should be weighing in so directly on a political issue, there was a game to play on the ice that covered this, and we must cover that game. It was a high-scoring affair, as a stunning goal with 57 seconds left by Robin De Villiers secured all 3 points for Banija on the second straight night, and allow them to position themselves as something unique, for the first time ever in this tournament- favorites to win in their next matchup, against 0-3 and already eliminated Indusse.

The 1st period was quiet, with excellent goaltending on both ends as neither team scored. The Equestrian States, in particular had a 5 on 3 for !:12, and the Banijans held on for dear life during that 5 on 3. It was a stunning defensive effort by this squad to keep the Equestrian States off of the scoreboard in the 1st period, but that advantage would soon be squandered in the second period. Francis Boulevard lost the puck in a really bad position on a power play for Banija, and the Equestrian States had a one on one with William Beheras, as they buried the shorthanded goal to give themselves a 1-0 lead just 3 minutes into the second period.

Banija had to get back into the game, and they did just that. 10 minutes after the goal, Banija, at even strength, was able to score on a ripped slap shot by Maxence Duclos to tie the game at 1. The 24 year old winger scored again at the very end of the period, to make the score 2-1 and give the Banijans who made the trek to Savojarna, whose number was growing by the game as more and more Banijans made the trek as the team continued winning, something to cheer about as they entered the third period.

In the third period, Alexander Costas scored from the blue line to make it look like Banija was well on their way to victory. 3-1 lead with 10 minutes left? Just as the team could not handle the pressure against Mercedini on Matchday 1, the Equestrian States threw everything they had at Banija. A regulation loss here would almost eliminate all practicality of the Equestrian States actually entering the knockout stages, and they threw everything they had at Banija. A goal with 4:58 left was followed by a 6 on 4 power play goal with 3:11 left on the clock to tie the game. The Banijans, however, learned from their experience with Mercedini.

This is a mentally stronger team, formed by the extenuating circumstances around their selection and their reception in their home country. This is a young team that is extremely tight, espeically for the diversity of backgrounds on this team. They truly have an 'us against the world' mentality, and their mettle proved. They withstood the onslaught from the Equestrian States and then, with 57 seconds, De Villiers was able to find the back of the net for the winning goal, as Banija went crazy and the team won 4-3. The exciting win, smashing ratings records in Banija for hockey(though without a professional hockey league those old records were basically zero). allowed the team to maintain pace and stay in second place in Group E.

Martial Odongo said that he would not focus on outside factors, and would have to focus on their next opponenet- Indusse. "This is a quality team who have had a bad start. They will have extra motivation to beat us in this tournament, as they do not want to go 0-5. We are 1005 focused not on distractions, not on politics, but on our next game. The way that we can do our country proud is to go out there and perform on the ice with pride for our country, and this team certainly has the ability to do that." He also confirmed that George Carter will start the game against Indusse in net, as he said it was 'unrealistic' to expect the same goalie to start 5 games in a row in modern hockey.
Former champion of quite a few things. Former President of even more things.
Kabaka = King
Lubuga = Queen Consort
Isebantu = Crown Prince
Waziri = Foreign Minister
Katikkiro = Prime Minister
Omugabe/Omugaba= Prince/Princess
Banija Domestic Sports | Map of Banija
NSCF 14 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 17 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria), NSCF 19 CHAMPIONS(Northern Moravica), NSCF 21 CHAMPIONS(Loyola-Istria)
Sporting World Cup 8. WBCs 47 & 51. Di Bradini Cup 47. World Cup 86. IBC 30, 31, 32, 33. National Trophy Cabinet.
Does your country need public transit? Contact the RTC!
If you see this, assume you have an embassy in my country and we have an embassy in yours!

Neu Engollon
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:23 am

“Hello Neu Engollon and to our international viewers. This is the NETV 7 Sports Update and I’m your host, Karl Demais with my co-host, Magda Wertauer."

"Hey...

...I'm exhausted."

"Why didn't you go home and sleep then?"

"Beeeecause...They told me to be here, Karl. Duh!"

"Sorry. Folks, Magda went to Lisander to scout ahead and make arrangements for the URSA Rugby Sevens coverage we'll be bringing to NETV 7."

"I worked hard. And Lisander is far, far, far...Many hours on a plane breathing in fart soaked, stale air. I guess it'll be worth it though. We used to have other people to do this, but..."

"They quit."

"Yeah."

"There's not a lot of glamor in that job. I think that's part of why they want us to start doing it ourselves, to make us humble."

"Yeah, yeah, blah blah. Enough about rugby and logistics casting and scouting. Let's talk some hockey, Karl!"

"Let's! So, here we are in Hovikkära, Savojarna with the 34th edition of the World Cup of Hockey which is well under way and halfway into group play. Our main concern is with Group C, which is the one Neu Engollon is in. Group C's games are in Stadion Karl Marx. I think we mentioned before that the two toughest expected match ups were with Royal Kingdom of Quebec and Alpine Union, although the more I hear about the Hinodejins, the more I think that will be a tough nut to crack, too."

"The Ibex had a rocky start and just squeaked by Nurkama. I wouldn't say the game against Aggrey-Fynn Land was a blowout, but they at least had a more comfortable margin, keeping two points ahead but conceding 3 points."

"Then we have tonight's game. One of the dreaded tough ones. I think a lot of hockey fans out there were tearing their hair out. Every time it looked like the Ibex had the upper hand, then the Ice Knights came back for revenge. Every damn time."

"Weisbaum scored."

"Then Nikita Barbashev scored."

"Gavnic scores a few minutes after that..."

"Then Matthew Veleno hits back at the start of the next period, hooking a shot that sailed just under Bassati's glove."

"Crincher! Then Remy Velper rallies, with the pass off to Terfram who knocks it into the net past the Ice Knights goalie...I don't have a name here in front of me...Another incredible shot!"

"Nikita Barbashev back on the attack later in the second period, his brother Alexei right there with him. Pass to Alexei, in past LeTrenc, another shot on goal with Bassati caught with low visibility. Shot is good and a 3 all tie going into the third period."

"Von Roessler, at home here in Savojarna where he spends most of the season playing for Sjoedrhavn SHK when not training with the Ibex. He has an apartment in Sjoedrhavn city..."

"I heard some rumblings that he was disappointed that Neu Engollon didn't make it into Group A so that he could show off his adopted city to his Ibex teammates."

"I did hear something about that. It hasn't seemed to stop his flow tonight as he fought his way in to the Ice Knights defensive zone."

"Right. So Roessler is the next Ibex player, and also the last one of the game to score. It wasn't sloppy, I'll put it that way. You're watching the footage now, if you didn't see it during the live broadcast..."

"Unfortunately, it was again tied up just a minute and a half before the final time. A long shot from one of their defensemen, Pierre Bilodeau-Hache, went past the sticks of, I don't know how many Ibex...I just..."

"I know, it's one of those unfathomable gaffes that we saw the puck sail past that many and glide ride over the line into the net and through Pascal Soltis' stick and gloves as well."

"Sent them into overtime, and that's where it all fell apart. Royal Kingdom of Quebec had a frenzy on the Ibex defense, with Alexandre Rowatt getting a shot in and Nikita Barbashev getting his second score of the night, putting in the final death knell during the overtime shoot out. It was a nerve racking game where the Ibex just never seemed to be able to stay far enough ahead of the Ice Knights."

"It was a draining game emotionally, for sure. It's over, and now the Ibex have to regroup and move on to the next challenge."

"The next challenge being the top ranked Alpine Union, both in the group and in the International hockey standings. That other dreaded game. After this game tonight, it's going to be difficult for them to bounce back, but let's hope they can do it and be prepared enough to hold up against the Bisons, or Alpines, whichever you prefer."

"Time for a sponsor break. Thanks for staying with us here for WC hockey coverage on NETV Sports 7. When we come back we'll take a look at some of the other Groups and updated predictions for who we'll see in the octos and quarters. You can catch an encore presentation of the exciting game tonight on our sister station, NETV Sports 19. Stay tuned. Thanks for watching."
TG me with questions if you got some, especially about GE&T or PMCs.
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Tobiasia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 24, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Tobiasia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:06 am

Close win against underdogs Thibea sets alarm bells ringing
A 4-4 draw against the untangled team Thibea led to Tobiasia just winning 4-3 in a shoot out . The fans were shocked yet relieved, how had these newcomers so nearly brought Tobiasia, ranked 18th in the world, to its knees. Captain Oscar Delwin said "it was close, yeah i agree too close, but we came away with 3 points which is what we came for. Anyway it was a crowd pleasing match so you know they came a long way to see us play so we gave them a good show". Questions have been asked about Jack Werson's capabilities in goal. Delwin said in the same interview "yeah it's difficult but all our national team's flair usually resides in attacking. You were watching the football World Cup, with average 2 goals a game, or the cricket or rugby you know. We do attacking and we won't sacrifice that for a even more solid defence and thats what the team agree". Thibaean commentators had previously caused offence by calling Tobiasia 'not a top 25' team. Delwin simply responded "we are, we will continue to be and we beat you".
Last edited by Tobiasia on Sun Oct 22, 2017 5:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
British, liberal, Labour Party member

Join World Conference!

Kep
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kep » Sun Oct 22, 2017 10:37 am

OOC NOTICE: Savojarna, please reduce my style to -5 for this one game only, afterward, please change it back to normal.

Kebec Keeps Climing w/Stunning Win
Kebec quietly defeats a reeling Gregoryisgodistan
SHARE THIS:
William Palatrensikvert (@William Palatrensikvert)(KWS)
Odin Centre, Unit AZ-7065 | Sario, Kebec

Alex Burrows stepped up big time for the Blue Yetis
with a huge goal in the third periodKWS photo

THORSBORG (KWS) — Kebec after three games of grueling play remains one of the seven remaining unbeaten teams as the thirty-fourth edition of the perennial World Cup of Hockey continues as they were able to down a reeling Gregoryisgodistan to a quiet score of 1-0 thanks to the theatrics of Mineto who saved the game for Kebec late in the third period. After a convincing and well-deserved start to the campaign, Mineto is proving no fluke as a rising star now in his prime years playing for Kebec, if all fairs well, by the end of this tournament, you could expect him to be playing on the front-lines after impressive playing was seen from him during much of the game, the Kebecois side has proven to be quite resolute and has worked well on their various weaknesses in the game and this has shown with a stunning start to the tourney. Coach Alan Foye has proved to be worth his mettle - his journey to leadership of the Kebecois national side has been well-watched and is certainly turning heads thru the multiverse after a few convincing victories from his side.

A well-prepared for game, Kebecois spectators showed up to the game in droves, Fabien De Saint-Pierre, a now-internationally-retired player, and Kebec's most-famous hockey player plays for CASK Thorsborg, the team that plays at the stadium in which Kebec was playing all of its matches as - there was a celebratory feel in the air as the teams skated around the rink for warm-ups, Kebec has done surprisingly well under Nathan Delacroix's net-minding - he's only given up one goal heading into this game against Greogryisgodistan, there's much hype surrounding whether or not he can complete a shutout here against this team. Meanwhile, from the other side of the rink, the IceSlaves were under the tutelage of Military SuperDuperGeneral Richard Redding, a manager not very-well known by many people, however, the Ice Slaves were a team to be feared, internationally-renowned, this juggernaut of a team was ranked eight in the world to Kebec's meager and lowly rank of 50th in the multiverse, many had expected a blowout around the lines of a 5-1 Gregoryisgodistani victory for the Ice Slaves - despite this, it seemed Coach Foye was determined to prevent this from happening as they took the ice for opening puck-drop, as the national anthem rang over the stadium for Kebec, there was a large amount of boos from the Gregoryisgodistani side.

However, that took away from the game, which was quite a festive experience for many fans as the game got underway, superb puck-handling form the Kebecois side prevented the Ice Slaves from much of a chance during the first-half as Kebec mainly played keep-away, only taking three shots on goal the entire first period of play, keep-away managed to hold off a Greogoryisgodistani charge, with the Ice Slaves mainly defensive posture, Kebec was able to study the kinks in the Ice Slave armour thru much of the first period. During the beginning of the second period, Mineto entered the game, ripping off a slapshot which was tipped in by Louis Thibodeau however the goal was called back as Thibodeau had violated the crease or supposedly that was true according to to Lord Almighty Gregory himself. Regardless, the nation of heathens simply couldn't keep touch with Kebec as Kebec moved to a rapid-fire tempo to decrease chances of Gregoryisgodistan mounting a substantial attack on net, this was seen as Enemy Crusher Porky "Fatso The Third" McFattel, the Ice Slave goalie was brutally attacked by a wave of puck-after-puck during the second period, this continued in the third period as he was eventually unable to stop the barrage as Mineto cored a neat little back-handed wristshot with five minutes left to play for Kebec - icing the victory for Kebec and setting up an interesting battle with Esparmuran.

After a much-watched win over the heathens of Gregoryisgodistan, there are two monumental games that stand between Kebec and a crack at the octofinals, a far cry from were they were at three year ago at World Cup of Hockey 33 where they finished 1-1-8 - Alan Foye's side seems revitalized and is heading in the right direction in its push for a chance to compete in the knockout rounds of the WCoH - this would be an amazing turnaround for the Kebecois nation team which just three years ago was on the brink of insanity and dispossession after falling apart in the previous WCoH - now, the team seems to be in high-octane and flourishing as a surprising rate, now there seems to be little in its way to stop it except of course for Esparmuran who's also moving forwards after years of regression at the senior level, Esparmuran quietly took care of Calapooia in a dirty win with a 3-2 victory over the unknown side, many consider it to be a filthy win that should've been a 4-nil victory for Esparmuran, however they're a high-octane team, so, expect a goalfest between Esparmuran and the Kebecois side later today. Of course, Mineto will really need to score some goals of his own to make a difference if Kebec really plans on having a fighting chance in this tournament game, this could be the de facto decider on who will clinch first-place in the tough group that is Group B. Expect gruesome form from the Kebecois side who'll need to rely heavily on defense to come away with a substantial win, we're going to see either a 4-1 beatdown loss for Kebec or a well-deserved 3-3 draw from both sides.

KWS out.

Score Summary
First Period
No Scoring
Second Period
No Scoring
Third Period
KBC Goal: Mineto (5) [ Mathieu Gribelin ] - 57:43

1st 1st 2nd 3rd Final
Kebec 0 0 1 1
Gregoryisgodistan 0 0 0 0

William Palatrensikvert contributed to this article.

4596724 comments
FAVORITE THIS DISCUSSION

@FabienDSP04 · 6 minute ago
Great win tonight guys. #YetiOrDie

3900502 up · 302492 down

@IDGAF · 12 minutes ago
Yea, I'm back. Yea, we won. Move on.

650392 up · 268390 down

@BiggityBoo · 4 hours ago
Oooh, Qasden with the L.

129000 up · 30560 down

Thibaea
Bureaucrat

Founded: Oct 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Thibaea » Sun Oct 22, 2017 11:18 am

Thibaean Sports Channel Match Report and Coverage
Thibaea 4–4 (3-4 SO)Tobiasia

P1 - 11:17 Edgar Pan (I.Beaumont, André)
P1 - 5:18 Isabelle Beaumont (Faucher)
P2 - 9:38 Gauvain Abasolo (Côté)
P3 - 8:32 Elouan Beaumont (Unassisted)

P1 - 10:29 Elenor Yutzo (Uwelson, Djamille)
P1 - 2:34 Susan Dewak (al’Bertad)
P2 - 11:18 Matthew Uwelson (Finch)
P2 - 4:15 Abraham Erdet (Dewak)

Match Ratings (10 - 100)
(Goalie) #1 Pons Lachapelle - 73
(RD) #19 Paul André - 81
(LD) #28 Mathias Baptiste Faucher - 84
(LF) #21 Elouan Beaumont - 91
(C) #9 Edgard Pan - 93
(RF) #22 Isabelle Beaumont - 92
-------
(G) Oscar Perrault - 74
(D) #18 Jocelyn François - 71
(D) #14 Jeannette Fontaine - 74
(LF) #33 Quentin Forest - 78
(C) #32 Nolwenn Côté - 83
(RF) #38 Gauvain Abasolo - 85
-------
(D) #25 Oroitz Deschamps - 71
(D) #24 Marin Bureau - 63
(LF) #7 Mélissa Lane - 62
(C) #21 Horace Lambert - 54
(RF) #39 Edgar Bonnet - 67
In their third match in the 34th World Cup of Hockey, the Thibaean Titans faced off against the 18th world ranked Tobiasian international squad, whom domestic Thibaean pundits have taken to calling the "Firs", before a sold-out crowd at the Stadium of the People of the World, and the two teams locked horns in a vicious battle which the Firs eventually ended up winning after Nolwenn Côté missed on a critical shoot-out, leading the Titans to dropping to four points and fourth place, while Tobiasia rises up to second place. During the match, Titans offensive prowess was especially pronounced, but glaring weaknesses in endurance, such as the notable failures of the third line to play effectively were obvious and blamed for leading to the Titan's failure to secure a victory in regulation time. The first period of play was noted for two offensive powerhouses attempting to beat each other to the first lead, but ended up only ending the period tied at 2-2, as even defenders seemed to slip into offensive support roles primarily and then scrambling to try and defend against the eventual counter-attack. The second period, the Titans attempted to play more of a slower-paced game but were forced to try and commit more aggressively, which led to the third line under center Horace Lambert seeing much more ice time then they have in the previous two matches, having played on the ice in this match for roughly nineteen minutes roughly on average, compared to 8 and 12 for the last two matches. Elouan Beaumont managed to get a breakaway stretch goal after a dump pass from Faucher to help ensure the game was tied up, and with plenty of time left in the 3rd period the Titans tried to punch through, but at that point the first line was spent out and they were forced into the shootout were they eventually lost.

TSC interviewers caught up with head coach Violette Lémieux just outside of the locker room following the disappointing loss, and was asked about how she felt how the Titans performed during the game "You know, I know the team wanted the three points badly, but I think we can walk away with our heads high in this one, you know Tobiasa is 18th in the world and they barely managed to beat us, international rookies.
The fact that our offense was able to go toe to toe with theirs throughout the first and second period and generally keep things even, I think that speaks alot to just how well we've progressed in the short time we've been here. I think, ultimately, they won out through a victory in the endurance game, which I think is something that only gets better for us as we play more on the international stage; my format is very odd,
most Ligue teams use four lines and I only used three here and some of these players are used to much shorter shifts, so that will have to be something we focus on improving here in the coming weeks and months."

She was also asked about the Tobiasian interview, where their team captain, second line defender Oscar Delwin made some comments about the game "What do I think about Delwin's comments? I typically don't interfere with players, but I think he was pretty arrogant and out of line,
his coach needs to reel him in and remind him that despite their self-described 'attacking flair', they had to resign to winning in a narrow shootout win, which really, Nole would have made that shot if she hadn't spent 22 minutes on ice roughing it out, so I think it's pretty off the mark to say you're a successful attacking team, and then you play against an international debutante and barely win. It's not just against us either, they hardly managed to perform well against the Bears, so I think Delwin needs to check his reality. Furthermore, pretty funny their captain plays on the second line, I've never seen that in my 12 years in ice hockey."

Lémieux and her Titans will head into their late night match tomorrow night against Byornoya Islands, who have failed to produce any wins this Cup, having lost in their last match 6-4 against Northwest Kalactin, so the Titans are assuredly hopeful to secure 3 points in that match and remain competitive within the Group; their final match will be immediately following, facing off against New Danican who have also struggled in the Group.

Mercedini
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 05, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Mercedini » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:23 pm

World Cup of Hockey MD3
@ Norsk Palace - Storevik, Savojarna

Good evening and welcome back to Savojarna for our coverage of the 34th World Cup of Hockey, coming to you once again from the Norsk Palace in the city of Storevik. Last time round, Mercedini's knockout hopes were dealt a blow as they lost their second match to Anthor, which left them languishing second from bottom and playing catch up with Banija for that crucial second spot in the group. Today, they played unraked Indusse in the first match of the day in the Norsk Palace. Indusse have had a rotten time of it, losing both of their matches thus far and facing elimination from the competition should they lose to the Goldfinches today. So, let's see how they did, and whether they can move any closer to earning that second qualifying spot.

World Cup of Hockey: Too Little Too Late?

FINAL
World Cup of Hockey - Group E

MERCEDINI 3 - 0 INDUSSE
(1-0) (1-0) (1-0)

(1-0) A. Ismaat (Arthur, P. Pollock) | 1st, 2:42
(2-0) O. Ansellini (Darlington, Pucheclic) | 2nd, 19:16
(3-0) Z. Arthur (Open Goal) | 3rd, 19:56

Storevik, Savojarna
The Goldfinches took a giant step towards the knockout stages with a comprehensive 3-0 win over unranked Indusse, which puts them in prime position as we head into the final couple of matches. Goals from Ismaat, Ansellini and Arthur lift their team into third place behind both Anthor and Banija with two matches to go, and with the current top two still waiting to play each other, the Goldfinches could still scrape a top two place should they win their final two matches and hope other result go their way.

As for the match, the two teams entered the ice for the opening match of the day, with some empty rows due to the early scheduling of the match plus the lack of demand and things to play for. Mercedini had a win in their sights which they needed if they were to remain in the competition for another day, so the Mercedinian fans in the arena were anxious and expectant of their team to claim three points from their unranked opponents. As the match began, it became clear that Mercedini would control the majority of the match. Barely three minutes into the match, the Indusse defence gave way as Albertain Mutants player Ayal Ismaat opened the scoring after finding himself on the end of a long Peter Pollock pass before cutting inside and dinking the puck over the goaltender to give the blue and black portion of the crowd something to cheer about. It gave Mercedini a goal advabatge to hold onto with still the vast majority of the period, and indeed the match, to go. Despite Indusse being inexperienced on hockey's biggest stage, they held their own on the ice by limiting the Goldfinches to one goal in the opening twenty minutes, they even had a couple of chances to equalise the game but they were promptly snuffed out by the Mercedinian defence who looked comfortable knowing that Arkenton and the Pollocks could cover most of what their opposition could throw at them. Mercedini and Indusse jostled for position but there were ultimately no more chances in the period as Mercedini ended the period a goal to the good.

The second period came around with a slight tactical change from the Mercedinian management team, as they opted to play their second line defenders and attackers for the second period in order to ensure they had plenty of tournament experience going into a busy final couple of days in the group stages before going into the knockout rounds (which Mercedini hope they would still be involved in). The second defensive and attacking line were on the ice, cheered on by their teammates and the fans inside the arena. At that point, the match was much more even as the inexperience of both teams paid dividends for Indusse as they had much more of the possession and chances than in the opening period. It was tense times for the Goldfinches as they needed to ride out this wave of possession, similar waves against them had seen them give up leads against Banija and Anthor which ultimately cost them points in the table. Indusse dug deep to try and find an equaliser but the Mercedinans kept them out by hook and by crook and it was the team in blue and black which ultimately dealt their opponents a crushing blow which deflated them and increased their lead to a seemingly insurmountable two-goal lead. A well worked move which ended with Oliver Anselinni, who plays his hockey in Neu Engollon, letting rip a fierce slap shot which evaded the close of the Indusse goaltender. The players celebrated more than the first as they know they had a concrete foundation for a win. Barely a minute later, the horn for the end of the second period rang out around the arena with Mercedini heading into the changing rooms with a precious 2-0 advantage with only twenty minutes to go in the match.

Mercedini were two to the good at this point in time, and many in the stadium thought that they had won it there and then, it was just a question of how many they would win by. Other tactical change for the Mercedinians meant that the front linesmen were back on the ice to see out the game and wrap up a desperately need three points for the Goldfinches. That goal at the end of the second period was a big blow to the chances of Indusse inflicting another upset result on Mercedini, but they battled with heart to try and earn a respectable result against the #12 in the world. Peter and Ian Pollock were performing well for their nation, their joint move to Lokomotiv Nezaemy had really helped them progress as a hockey playing nation with the talents and resources of foreign league helping to mould the national team while the domestic Mercedinian Super League was still taking shape. Mercedini rounded out the game with a third just second from the end of the match, as Indusse looked for a consolation goal but ultimately left their defences wide open for Zach Arthur to slide the puck home from centre ice for his first and Mercedini's third of the game to finish what was a decent game for both sides, but the quality of Mercedini came through in the end. As the horn sounded for the end of the game, the final score was Mercedini 3, Indusse 0.

So it was a good day at the office for the Goldfinches, as that satisfactory win will undoubtedly lift the spirits of the Mercedinians as they look to snatch that second qualifying spot from the clutches of Banija with two matches still to play. We will be back with more coverage of the World Cup of Hockey, here in Savojarna. From the Norsk Palace in Storevik, have a safe trip home!
.................................................................................................................................
Novapax Founder • Host Portfolio • Trophy Cabinet
World CupBest: Group Stage ('77, '81, '82, '83)
Cup of HarmonyBest: Champion ('72)
U21 World CupBest: 3rd Place ('43)
U18 World CupBest: Champion ('4)
Independents CupBest: Champion ('5)
WC of HockeyBest: 2nd Place ('37)
WJHCBest: Champion ('13)
WorldVision
Best Placing: 1st (Lipa '72)Most Points: 108 pts (Lipa '72)

World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 1st ('34 & '36)Most Pts: 34 pts (Mousiki '31)
Junior World Hit Festival
Best Placing: 3rd ('3, '4 & '5)Most Pts: 26 pts (Tushlark '5)
Mercedini in WVSC & WHFs

Savojarna
Ambassador

Postby Savojarna » Sun Oct 22, 2017 12:43 pm

THE SAVOJARNA EXPRESS
Government gets divided (yet again) over Gregoryisgodistan's Enemy Crushers

SJOEDRHAVN -- The AP is yet again threatening to retract their support for Johan Carlsen's government and try to get rid of the KPS Chairman. Previous challenges of the fragile alliance have included the issue of Rushmori Community accession of Savojarna, where the main opposition had come from the LKPS, a Leninist splinter group of the government party; the issue of the accession of kingdoms to the CRC, most notably Pasarga, which had split the AP and led to a leadership change within the party; and most recently the question of intervention in Marche Noir. The AP is notorious for its idealist stance on foreign policy, but the high pragmatism of the KPS has proven to be much less popular with the general Savojar electorate. The question that threatens the government coalition this time is the question of what to do with Enemy Crusher Bigmac Fatfrize. The Gregoryisgodistani Enemy Crusher and national hockey player has been charged with quadruple murder after having crushed four referees in protest of their decision to penalise him during a World Cup match against Esparmuran. The Thorsborg police had arrested the Gregoryisgodistani after the match, but has quickly been asked to release him by SSA officials. While charges have not been dropped yet, currently the Savojar Police says that they have orders not to arrest him while games of the WCoH are still going on, rumoured to be issued on direct intervention by the SIHF or the SSA. The AP calls these moves "a disgusting appeasement to a murderous regime".

Multiple issues overlap here, and get joined by simple power politics. First of all, Gregoryisgodistan has often been a contentious nation in the Savojar parliament. There have been two proposals by the opposition to establish official diplomatic relations with the authoritarian Esportiva country, which have both been heavily opposed by the AP and the more radical KPS wing. As such a proposal was obviously doomed to fail, it had died a quick death without much interest from the wider public. In the second debate about Gregoryisgodistan, Chairman Johan Carlsen had openly dismissed the proposal as a "simple plot to place a wedge between the two factions within this government" and emphasised his unwillingness to accept the proposal on these grounds. The AP has been particularly vocal in their rejection of the nation, which they see as inherently oppressive towards its own people and opposed to key AP values.
Secondly, as mentioned before, there is an underlying divide between a pragmatic KPS, coming out of the party's continuous involvement in the governing coalition since 1909 and its historical role as the guides of the nation, and a more idealistic AP who has always served as some kind of ideological conscience for the KPS, making sure that the party is not losing the original objectives of the 1909 revolution from their minds. The question of what should govern foreign policy and the treatment of other nations - pragmatism in relations, as would be ensured by pardoning Enemy Crusher Bigmac Fatfrize, would serve as some kind of assertion of KPS principles; an arrest of the hockey player during the tournament would give the AP a precedence for their idealistic policy proposals in the future.
Finally, there is a KPS-internal dimension at play here as well. Carlsen represents the more modern, liberal and postmaterialist wing of the party, who has been chosen to lead it before the last elections precisely to keep the AP in check. With there being a threat by the traditional party line and its representant, the veteran party leader Carl Gustav Rönnkvist, to his rule, Carlsen needs to thread the line between modern AP-ish policies, international pragmatism and traditional KPS ideology carefully. Rönnkvist has adopted a relatively orthodox line which would benefit a more confrontational course with countries like Gregoryisgodistan, which further constrains Johan Carlsen. While arresting the Enemy Crusher would essentially mean conceding ground to Rönnkvist, something that he can hardly do due to other issues on the table pitting the two against each other, not doing so means potentially losing support by his own constituency.

As the issue takes up much attention, the question of a much-needed reform of the economy seems stuck between a Rönnkvist-LKPS alliance between more nationalisation and a Carlsen-AP led coalition, representing majority government stance, attempting to collectivise multiple state firms and liberalising certain markets to private collectives. As the support of the AP for the majority government threatens to wane, and as the support levels of the Rönnkvist wing are unknown, Carlsen needs to carefully balance his supports in order not to threaten the entire reform program. Carlsen himself proposed moving the Gregoryisgodistani issue past the reform vote, something instantly blocked by Rönnkvist who seems to really be aiming at toppling Carlsen's reform.
MT socialist (mostly) island state - Cultural mixture of Scandinavia, Finland and Russia -Exports iron, steel, silver and wood - Low fantasy in terms of animal species - Sports-loving - 22.8 million inhabitants.

I am a student of (European) politics, ice hockey fan, left-wing communist bordering on anarchy, and European federalist. Enjoy!

Savojarna
Ambassador

Postby Savojarna » Sun Oct 22, 2017 1:57 pm

SavojarSports.sj Result Center
Ice Hockey => International => WCoH 34 => Group Stage => MD 4

THIS IS YOUR FOURTH CUTOFF OF THE TOURNAMENT

Hockey songs of the world - The Soviet Union
(In order to shorten waiting time, I will post different songs about hockey)

Group A
The Greater Dog Islands 5–2 ASMRLAND
Savojarna 5–2 The Davidian Islands
Kaboomlandia 2–0 Aquitayne

Group A Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Savojarna 4 4 0 21 9 +12 12
2 Kaboomlandia 4 3 1 19 10 +9 9
3 Aquitayne 4 2 2 10 10 0 6
4 The Greater Dog Islands 4 2 2 9 16 −7 6
5 The Davidian Islands 4 1 3 10 14 −4 3
6 ASMRLAND 4 0 4 7 17 −10 0

Group B
Calapooia 3–4 St. Saratoga
Gregoryisgodistan 4–0 New Jarwel
Esparmuran 3–1 Kebec

Group B Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Esparmuran 4 4 0 15 6 +9 12
2 Kebec 4 3 1 9 4 +5 9

3 Gregoryisgodistan 4 2 2 7 6 +1 6
4 St. Saratoga 4 2 2 9 12 −3 6
5 Calapooia 4 0 3 7 10 −3 2
6 New Jarwel 4 0 3 6 15 −9 1

Group C
Kita-Hinode 5–1 Aggrey-Fynn Land
The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 2–4 Nurkama
Alpine Union 2–5 Neu Engollon

Group C Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Neu Engollon 4 3 0 17 11 +6 10
2 Nurkama 4 3 1 11 8 +3 9
3 Alpine Union 4 2 1 11 9 +2 7
4 Kita-Hinode 4 1 2 10 9 +1 5
5 The Royal Kingdom of Quebec 4 0 1 10 12 −2 5
6 Aggrey-Fynn Land 4 0 4 6 16 −10 0

Group D
Oontaz Dert Li Ng 8–4 Ravenclaw Army
Cosumar 3–0 Coldfield
Vilita and Turori 4–3 Qasden

Group D Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Cosumar 4 3 1 22 11 +11 9
2 Vilita and Turori 4 3 1 11 9 +2 9
3 Oontaz Dert Li Ng 4 3 1 20 19 +1 8
4 Qasden 4 2 2 17 14 +3 6
5 Ravenclaw Army 4 1 3 9 18 −9 3
6 Coldfield 4 0 4 7 15 −8 1

Group E
Indusse 1–4 Banija
Anthor 1–1 Equestrian States (3–1 SO)
Mercedini 6–4 Lisander

Group E Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Anthor 4 3 0 12 6 +6 11
2 Banija 4 3 1 14 8 +6 10
3 Mercedini 4 3 1 16 11 +5 8
4 Equestrian States 4 1 2 7 8 −1 4
5 Lisander 4 1 3 6 14 −8 3
6 Indusse 4 0 4 4 12 −8 0

Group F
Hampton Island 1–0 Somersville
Elejamie 5–1 Cittavia
Abanhfleft 6–3 United States of Devonta

Group F Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Abanhfleft 4 4 0 24 13 +11 11
2 Elejamie 4 3 1 14 5 +9 10

3 United States of Devonta 4 2 2 12 12 0 6
4 Cittavia 4 2 2 8 10 −2 6
5 Hampton Island 4 1 3 7 14 −7 3
6 Somersville 4 0 4 7 18 −11 0

Group G
Nyaryaga 2–0 Azadeshia
Valanora 2–0 Bongo Johnson
Natanians and Nosts 0–1 Cosneolta

Group G Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Valanora 4 4 0 11 6 +5 12
2 Cosneolta 4 3 1 6 2 +4 9
3 Nyaryaga 4 2 2 14 9 +5 6
4 Azadeshia 4 1 2 6 8 −2 5
5 Natanians and Nosts 4 1 2 11 11 0 4
6 Bongo Johnson 4 0 4 3 15 −12 0

Group H
Thibaea 4–2 Byornoya Islands
Novaya Zemlya 3–1 Northwest Kalactin
Tobiasia 1–2 New Danican

Group H Pld W L GF GA GD Pts
1 Novaya Zemlya 4 4 0 13 4 +9 11
2 New Danican 4 3 1 13 11 +2 8
3 Thibaea 4 2 1 10 8 +2 7
4 Tobiasia 4 1 2 12 10 +2 6
5 Northwest Kalactin 4 1 3 10 16 −6 3
6 Byornoya Islands 4 0 4 9 18 −9 1
Last edited by Savojarna on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:56 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Sun Oct 22, 2017 3:40 pm

Heavily delayed, but hey, now or never right? :p

Qasden National Ice Hockey Team
Nickname: The IceVans
Style: -3

For 3 world cups and an Olympic games, the ice hockey squad of Qasden has tried and failed to grab the coveted title to its name, consistently falling in the group stages to the titans of ice and snow. Having failed in Hannasea, Valanora, and Anthor, the IceVans look to revitalize their chances as the cup returns to Rushmore, now in the glorious nation of Savojarna. "It has been quite a bumpy road for IceVans Hockey, yes." exclaims Manager, Victor Garnnet-Salisbury. "I've spoken with the staff over the break between Anthor and AOHC 6. A new aura seems to have fallen on them, because even the team doctor had ideas and strategies for the team in WCoH34. Training will, of course, have to increase four-fold, and our roster will need to be given confidence.".

Following AOHC 6, where the hometown Qasdonians stretched their run all the way to the quarter finals, a newfound form of hope lingered amongst the nationalists. From the depths of the southwestern mountain range, here are your WCoH34 Qasden IceVans!

Name/Age/Club

Manager- Victor Garnnet-Salisbury/47/NA
Assistant Manager- Ludwick Fliker/36/NA
Coach- Nikolai Feltsky/55/Elder Blizzard
Assistant Coach- Brian Armory/49/Southwest Makos
Doctor- Vivianne Osocio de Mama/34/NA

GK
11- Guy Heckler/24/TVC Clouded Leopards
32- Aiden Foxborough/28/Scaivan Knights
57- Svetlana Koschev/21/Elder Blizzard

D
1st Pair
2- Rory Gallaway/29/Southwest Makos
19- Brad Yulni/32/T.V. City Monarchs

2nd Pair
49- Lena Pauski/26/North Fyre Blaze
33- Richard Mooney/28/Destiny Shurikens

3rd Pair
85- David Fautspur/33/HK Eastern Athletic
76- Boris Rutin/39/Fyre IceBombs

Enforcer
99- Brick Turbine/31/Moaria Flare

F
1st Line
C64- Gisele Lune/27/HK Eastern Athletic
RW21- Morgan Checkerman/19/Southwest Makos
LW8- Keithan Nates/25/TVC Clouded Leopards

2nd Line
C70- Blaze Forest/26/Elder Blizzard
RW54- Kenji Lumada/38/Scaivan Knights
LW89- Solis DeCofficer/41/Southwest Makos

3rd Line
C77- Skadwick Novarro/23/Fyre IceBombs
RW50- Bethany Laurel/20/Taxson Wilderness
LW00- Ixis/4,982/HK Qad City IceKings

Home (Left): Patriot; Away (Right): Falling Ash
Made with Pride Kits

RP Permissions
My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose My Scorers: Y
Godmod Scoring Events: Y
RP Injuries to My Players: Yes (TG first, nothing severe)
Godmod Injuries to My Players: No
RP Penalties for My Players: Yes (TG first)
RP Ejections for My Players: Yes (TG first)
Godmod Other Events: Yes (TG first)
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Kita-Hinode
Diplomat

Founded: May 03, 2017
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Kita-Hinode » Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:28 pm

The Survivor Six, an introduction to Hinodejin hockey
written by Gen Akiyama, from the Imperial Hinodejin Sports History Association

In this very year, 2136, the Hinodejin Hockey Championship celebrates the opening of the gates between dimensions with special jerseys for the group of teams called the Survivor Six. Now, to be fair, the term of Survivor Six is somewhat out of place, as only four of those actually happened to have been established in the start of the league and even then, only one of these three had survived without doing any changes at all. In the end, however, these six teams are, currently the ones that have been playing the longest in the top competition of Hinodejin ice hockey. I'm of course talking about the group of the Ainubyu Ainus, Giishiga Bears, Hinode Guardians, Kanshiro Blue Dragons, Kurosawa Natives and Riku Silver Wings - the Survivor Six.

ImageImageImage
ImageImageImage
The Survivor Six

The first of the bunch are the Ainubyu Ainus. Established in 2070 as a team of teenagers from the nearby Ainu Academy, their first ever game was against the Zora Village Hockey Club where the Ainus would win a 7-0 game. As one of the top four teams of the nation, the Ainus originally threw their hat at the idea of a national competition to rise the level of the sport and to have a properly established calendar instead of the traveling schedule the team would take during the second half of the year, where they would also go under the name of the Ainushima Ainus, enraging their nearby rivals Taishinami Shamrocks. At the brief Survivor Six period (2110-2113), they had been often at odds with one Kurei Beriimon as Ainubyu was considered an expendable town to his presidency and often the team would have to refuse "polite invitations" so they returned to use their Ainushima Ainus moniker.

The Giishiga Bears are the next team. Established as the Shigans in 2083, the team renamed themselves the Kings after King Il-Song attended one of their games before they joined the HHC. The team had been described as a justified choice, playing out of the Shiga province that still homed many of the Tai and Oku tribes that were the first owners of those frozen lands and while there weren't many living at Shiga, they usually had one or two fabled hockey players and a team from there sounded interesting. The Kings would rename themselves the Snowflakes at 2093 over an advertising deal before taking on their current name in an effort to establish themselves as a respectable team. Unsurprisingly, a state of cold, somewhat unpopulated towns and cities weren't considered a "respectable" market and Kurei Beriimon would often try to relocate them south, only to be refused by the team's owners.

Playing out of Somei-Yoshino, the Hinode Guardians are, in fact, one of the youngest team of the Survivor Six, having been established at 2098 during the good days of Kureii Beriimon's run at the office. The state of Somei-Yoshino, populated by many former Sunrisians, had previously had a team at Hokuto, only for them to move west to Kanshiro as the capital moved from the island towards the continent. Originally, the team was to be established at Hokuto, but the city had been suffering aftershocks from losing their capital status and Hinode had been deemed the new major city of their province. The Guardians didn't struggle as much as the other expansions and thus had been considered the pearl of Beriimon's regime as the league's president, but they too had their scuffle against the man as he had pretty much inserted another team at their city, the Hinode Metropolitans out of fear that the earlier Guardians would fail. He would often call them the "franchise" that he liked the most, a declaration that offended them a lot.

The Kanshiro Blue Dragons are easily the team with the most changes of the bunch. Established at 2090 as the Hokuto Courtmen, under sheer insistence from Queen Tomoyo, the team was pretty much the Monarch's team and games would, at first, see small audiences as they played inside her castle. By 2093, however, the Queen moved the capital to Kanshiro, going over the ocean to the former Kingdom of Korea. Needless to say, the team hadn't to be moved, but she once again insisted and the Courtmen played as the Kanshiro Royal Court HC. Eventually, things got to a point where the Queen relented her control of the team, renaming them the Kanshiro Tigers and thus guaranteeing the team would stay at Kanshiro. Funnily enough, their first season as the Tigers saw them win the Countess Mina Trophy, the league's main title. At this point of time, however, the now called Blue Dragons suffered grief from nearby fans at two teams established nearby Kanshiro, the Saishu Stallions and the Nukutaki Tribe had been killed off. Additionally, the Blue Dragons name wasn't very well accepted by fans who still preferred the Tigers name.

Possibly the greatest hockey team of the Hinodejin Empire before the HHC was established, the Kurosawa Natives are also one of the oldest still existing teams of the nation, created at 2068 in order to help the local tribes adapt to Hinodejin culture. By the time the league was created, the Natives weren't quite as strong, but they already had seven Countess Mina Trophies to their name, as the trophy at the time was an amateur title. Even if those reigns aren't (and probably never will) be taken under consideration by the league, the Natives were still one of the four teams responsible for its' creation. In theory, the Natives (like the Ainus) never changed, but the team merged with their rivals, the Kurosawa Wanderers after Kurei Beriimon purposefully cut their revenue short in order to have less teams out of the frozen lands. Even now, both the team and the president were still at odds, but the idea of relocating the Natives was pretty much impossible to even fathom.

Finally, the Riku Silver Wings arrived at 2098, together with the Hinode Guardians. Rikuyoru, their home province, had hosted a junior league for decades and had a legitimate hunger for hockey, but none of the local junior teams ever considered making a move towards joining the HHC until Kurei Beriimon found a way to found one together with a group of local businessmen. The Silver Wings, however, were hampered and to an even bigger extent than the Guardians and soon enough, Beriimon would try to relocate or cease their existence, citing a "lack of financial reports" out of the organization, which happened to be a lie.

Kurei Beriimon, the person I've been citing often as I talked about each team was elected to the position of president of the league after Nina Mairi called it quits. Nina Mairi attended the foundation of the league and, as a powerful Celsius (or an ice elemental, if you feel like it), she chose to spend her riches into helping out the upstart league. Sadly, her presidential skills weren't up to par and even if she did try some noble moves, such as trying to help the Taishinami Shamrocks financially so they could stay in the league, did little towards changing her status as a poor leader. She quit at 2097 and thus Beriimon was picked up. He wasn't exactly a fan of hockey, but he knew all about business and thus treated the league like a business.

His approach towards making the league more marketable started out with the addition of the Guardians and the Silver Wings, both being created as the two Kurosawa teams merged. Players left dejected from the Kurosawa teams would mostly join the Silver Wings while some played with the Guardians and this helped both teams out of the gate. Later additions such as the Kuresento Bucaneers (later the Kuresento Magic), the Nukutaki Tribe and the Saishu Stallions had varying degrees of success. The Kuresento team was dead on arrival, bottoming the league out for three consecutive seasons, recording 31 wins out of 180 games and were soon bankrupt while the Metropolitans too suffered fast from sharing the market with the Guardians and a move to Mashu (which Kurei hoped would save this team) flopped.

In order to cut the losses, he chose to market the teams even more, regardless of how well they played. The Ainubyu Ainus just had a terrible season and his plans to improve their situation was to rename them the Ainushima Ainus which was promptly refused by their die-hard fan base and the owners chose to stick with them. Not too soon later, the Kanshiro Tigers (who had just won a Countess Mina Trophy) were forced a re-brand as the Blue Dragons and both Saishu Stallions and Nukutaki Tribe were gutted out in order to save the capital team.

2111 came and for now, Beriimon saw all teams doing financially well. But they were all extremely bitter. The first act against Beriimon was at the first game of the season as he dropped the puck between the Ainubyu Ainus (last season's bottom team) and the Hinode Guardians (the defending champions). He made the mistake of calling the Ainus by their Ainushima moniker to which the Ainubyu crowds answered by pelting squids all over the rink. The game was postponed and Kurei rushed out of Ainushima. During the season, however, he refused to apologize, instead saying they should be the Ainushima Ainus.

2112 saw more blunders as he called foul from the Riku Silver Wings organization and also tried to move the Giishiga Bears out of Shiga for Utsukushima. But what was probably the most dastardly move of his was an attempt to move the Kurosawa Natives to Anashima, an island at the middle of the pacific. As soon as the move was reported in newspapers, the teams all banded up and pushed him out of presidency, to the point where the Queen granted permission for the teams to banish him for life out of the sport. These days, Kurei Beriimon has retired and currently lives at... Anashima, where no hockey fan will ever get him.

Nina Mairi was reinstated as the chosen one by the Survivor Six and as a result, she ensured the big expansion that followed in 2113. While she couldn't revive the Wanderers at Kurosawa, the league saw the return of the Saishu Stallions and the remnants of teams such as the Nukutaki Tribe and the Taishinami Shamrocks return under the names of Nukutaki Penguins and Taishinami Painters. Loose requirement fees to participate allowed the revival of the Akira Comets as well and the establishment of the Hokuto Flames. Even the failed Kuresento experiment was revived as the Atene Legion as the league sprung from six to eighteen teams.

In order to remember of this dark period, all six teams will have uniforms based after things that angered Beriimon, such as the Guardians playing with a Hinode Metropolitans-based uniform and the Kurosawa Natives playing with the colors of their former rivals. Ainubyu's squid-based jersey promises to be quite... something.
Let the sun burn my eyes / Let it burn my back
At the beach / In my dreams / But you still
Champion: WC 75 and 76, CoH 74, U-15 WC 4 and 6, DBC 29 and 41, CE 21 and 24
hinodezenbaitai.co.hi/sports

The IC follow-up to Northern Sunrise Islands / Demonym: Hinodejin (singular, plural)

Azadeshia
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 30, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Azadeshia » Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:10 pm

DAILY AZADESHI TIMES

Ice Hockey: It's Over

Today is one of the sad days in Azadeshia, when the team lost the 4th match in the group stage, and we are.....elimanated.

Aarvi Banerjee said *I was sure we won't win.It's not just because we didn't have a coach, but because we didn't work hard.But mark my words people!Because we will get better!!!".

Prashant Kamal former coach of Azadeshi ice hockey team said "I am really sad that we are elimanated.But people this is not my fault".

Ice Hockey Debate: Should We Have A Ice Hockey League?

Hello this is me, Sanvi Divakar and welcome to the debate about "Should We Have A Ice Hockey League?".Today we have the manager of the Azadeshi ic hockey team and Prem Chadda coach of Nicklam Cricket Academy.

Sanvi Divakar: Let's start with you Rahul.Why do we need a ice hockey league?

Rahul Shetty: I think we should definetly have a ice hockey league.We need more talented people in the team and if we want that, we need to start a league to find some people.

Prem Chadda: I don't think this will work Rahul.You know less people like ice hockey and we don't have ice hockey stadiums.Why are we thinking about ice hockey and not cricket?.There are more cricket lovers in Azadeshia.

Rahul Shetty: Do you have any more information?

Prem Chadda: Yes, first of all to make ice hockey stadium you need a lot of money.Well, forget about the money, but where do we get ice from?Ever think of that, but you also need a lot of support from people to make a stadium and you don't have that.

Rahul Shetty: So your saying me that we should only focus on football and cricket and forget about others.If we can't have a ice hockey stadium, why do we have so many stadiums at almost all the places?Why only cricket or football?

Prem Chadda: I am not saying we should never have a ice hockey league, but it doesn't has much support.

Rahul Shetty: You know how we started loving cricket?Because we tried and played it!!!If we tried sports like baseball, basketball and ice hockey!!We will love these sports too!!!

Sanvi Divakar: Sorry Rahul and Prem I have to stop the debate right here.Thanks for joining the debate, I will see you next time.

Other News: Train crashed at Halapur Train Station and 6 people injured
Last edited by Azadeshia on Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports