NATION

PASSWORD

Regional Timeline Workshop [OOC - World Conference]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
World Conference
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 10, 2017
Ex-Nation

Regional Timeline Workshop [OOC - World Conference]

Postby World Conference » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:49 pm

World Conference, our oh, so historically divergent region whose inhabitants cannot agree pin-point what actually happened in the past that led to their present. Well, we're here now to fix that. With oversight from the World Conference History Office, this thread (region-only) has been created for nations and other entities in World Conference to collaborate on a concrete and cohesive regional history.

History Officers

RULES
  • Only members of World Conference are permitted to participate in this collaboration as this is a regional affair.
  • Nations with already established histories and backgrounds are requested to post their history and background information when their specific point or points in history first arrive.
  • Five sentences minimum to a contribution. Specifics and technicalities are essential to decisive and pivotal events.
  • Consider the effects your contribution could have on the future.
  • Your contribution may cover any hold of time from one day to twenty years. Any contribution exceeding the twenty years limit will not be taken into consideration unless it approved from a history officer.
  • Be creative, cohesive, and sensible in your contributions. Optional, include maps, flags, pictures, and other imagery.
  • If you would like to claim coverage of a specific geographic location, please specify your intention.

NOTES
  • History remains largely unchanged until the 11th Century where the first major point of divergence occurs in the Asia Minor region.
  • Points of divergence predating the 11th Century must be approved by a history officer.

TIMELINE
Qualified and approved points will be added here. History predating the 11th Century is assumed to be unchanged unless specifically amended by a history officer.
  • The history of Samuria diverged around 880 AD when a remaining portion of the defeated Kumo-Xi tribes migrated towards the Tian Shan mountains to avoid Khitan domination. Their migrations to the west caused consecutive instability among the already established khanate of the Khara-Kanids, pushing them to the Altay region of southern Siberia where they remained during the coming centuries.
Last edited by World Conference on Sat Oct 14, 2017 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Land of Queen Mary
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Land of Queen Mary » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:28 pm

Land of Queen Mary's point of divergence occurs in the 16th Century so it looks like I'll be waiting for a while :p
Principality of Land of Queen Mary
“Pray for us Virgin Mother”
World Conference | Factbook| Regional News Thread | Constituent Countries | Folk Music
Eesti liblikas~Katoliiklik kristlane~Ma räägin eesti keelt!
World Conference is my home, make it yours as well!

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:46 pm

I'd like to point out that this forum is not for roleplay and anyone is allowed to post.
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Imperial China-Shou
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial China-Shou » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:47 pm

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:I'd like to point out that this forum is not for roleplay and anyone is allowed to post.

Well, it does address an aspect of roleplaying if you want to look at it a certain way, but yes, it is not a direct role-play scenario. Now the question is: what would the point of posting on this forum if you didn't want to make clear your regional history in World Conference?

(Modified it to be a little less harsh :))
Last edited by Imperial China-Shou on Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Christian Empire of China | 中华基督教帝国
God Bless the Empress! | 上帝保佑皇后!

My home is World Conference! Maybe you can make it yours too!

United Islamic Commonwealth
Senator

Founded: Mar 26, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Islamic Commonwealth » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:52 pm

Imperial China-Shou wrote:
United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:I'd like to point out that this forum is not for roleplay and anyone is allowed to post.

Well, it does address an aspect of roleplaying if you want to look at it a certain way, but yes, it is not a direct role-play scenario. Now the question is: what would the point of posting on this forum if you didn't want to make clear your regional history in World Conference?

Just wanted to let you know for when it got moved :p
The United Islamic Commonwealth | Islamic republic | Factbook
Population: 135,931,000 | Area: 2,663,077 km² | Location: Middle East
Excidium Planetis Index: Tier 6; Level 0; Level 5 | Current year: 2020
Supreme Leader: Abbas Mosuli
President: Haashid al-Abdulla
Former Nizari Ismaili Muslim living in the US.

Maghrebi
Political Columnist

Founded: Aug 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Maghrebi » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:45 am

United Islamic Commonwealth wrote:
Imperial China-Shou wrote:Well, it does address an aspect of roleplaying if you want to look at it a certain way, but yes, it is not a direct role-play scenario. Now the question is: what would the point of posting on this forum if you didn't want to make clear your regional history in World Conference?

Just wanted to let you know for when it got moved :p

You should be talking to Shawnas North Africa not here

Sincerely
Ex UEI Member

Jueia
Attaché

Founded: Jun 23, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jueia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:14 am

lol rip
The (Eastern) Empire of Jueia

The Greater Nordic States
Lobbyist

Founded: Jun 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Nordic History Turning Point

Postby The Greater Nordic States » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:08 pm

My turning point is technically 1089 at the Treaty of Bergen. I say technically, because though that's where my history picks up, it is also stated that the Vikings did loosely hold onto their possessions until 1089. This is because they were a little more advanced (ie. they actually did write down some of their history).

So I'm going to ask for permission (even though I'm a history officer, I still want to ask for permission) for 'this'. 'This' meaning the Vikings were able to hold on to their possessions into the late 1000's. Also, if anyone can give me something more realistic that still fits with my history, I'd welcome that. Because, even as a European history aficionado, I'm pretty confused about IRL Nordic history between 800-1100 CE.

Magyar Monarchia
Secretary

Founded: Mar 30, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Magyar Monarchia » Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:11 pm

My divergence is in 1848 with a Hungarian partisan and guerrilla war which holds up the Russian army in the Carpathian passes while allowing the Hungarian Revolutionary Army to defeat the Austrians in the west and win the 1848 revolution.
"I speak Hungarian to my mother, Croatian to my soldiers, German to my advisors and Polish to my friends." - Emperor Ferenc Hédervári II

The Samur Khanate
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Samur Khanate » Sat Oct 14, 2017 2:49 am

The history of Samuria diverged around 880 AD when a remaining portion of the defeated Kumo-Xi tribes migrated towards the Tian Shan mountains to avoid Khitan domination. Their migrations to the west caused consecutive instability among the already established khanate of the Khara-Kanids, pushing them to the Altay region of southern Siberia where they remained during the coming centuries.

Gelug
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 02, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gelug » Sat Oct 14, 2017 5:23 pm

The Greater Nordic States wrote:My turning point is technically 1089 at the Treaty of Bergen. I say technically, because though that's where my history picks up, it is also stated that the Vikings did loosely hold onto their possessions until 1089. This is because they were a little more advanced (ie. they actually did write down some of their history).

So I'm going to ask for permission (even though I'm a history officer, I still want to ask for permission) for 'this'. 'This' meaning the Vikings were able to hold on to their possessions into the late 1000's. Also, if anyone can give me something more realistic that still fits with my history, I'd welcome that. Because, even as a European history aficionado, I'm pretty confused about IRL Nordic history between 800-1100 CE.

In order for early Nordic colonies to be successful, they would need to have an incentive to migrate. Colonization of Vinland would be by Greenlanders. And if you wanted to settled North American lands in the 11th Century, then I would settle Greenland earlier to have a stable population of a few thousand to ten thousand. I don't see incentive to settle new lands until the mini Ice Age during the later Middle Ages that made Greenland less hospitable. That could possibly be the incentive needed, but I am not sure how the potential Vinland colonies would last for until the British and French came along.
Last edited by Gelug on Sun Oct 15, 2017 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information