NATION

PASSWORD

Ask Victorious Decepticons Pretty Much Anything [IC]

A place to put national factbooks, embassy exchanges, and other information regarding the nations of the world. [In character]
Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 15, 2008
Iron Fist Consumerists

Ask Victorious Decepticons Pretty Much Anything [IC]

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:52 am

We, the Victorious Decepticons - the giant transforming war robots who eliminated the Autobots and then went on to take over Earth and other planets - have decided to allow other nations to learn more about us.

As you likely know, we are the true Decepticons, the ones made (in)famous in the G1 Transformers and who invaded Earth after that planet refused to eradicate Michael Bay's hit piece, which we refer to simply as "The Movie." Of course, like any true imperialists, we've also taken over several worlds for the sake of expansionism, most of which have come to the same fate as Earth: their populations, or what is left of them, toil in our mines and do other such grunt work while we occupy our time raiding other worlds. We are aware that there are multiple Earths across the dimensions, but this does not bother us: Eventually, we will have total domination of the universe, and this will necessarily include all of those odd little parallel planets.

Despite our lofty long-term goal and the occasional taking of planets as trophies, we the people of Victorious Decepticons spend most of our time raiding oil from other worlds rather than taking them over completely. This practice has deep cultural roots, which started with the fact that Planet Cybertron, being a constructed world, has no natural resources of its own, so we had to get our stuff from somewhere. However, through the centuries, raiding and other piratical action has become well-loved and very much culturally ingrained - and so has a culture of general criminality! We truly embrace our Decepticonness and think other ways of life sound hideously weak, cowardly, boring, uncreative, and perhaps worst of all, unfun.

Notably, our government is very much NOT hypocritical, and the same is true of our people. To us, it makes no sense to have police because they'd be against our very ways of life - so, we don't have any, and suggesting that we get some is treason. We also had the plain horse sense to legalize everything that we like to do, and ban any attempts to "tame" our culture as treasonous.

That's enough for the quickie overview. Divine Leader Megatron and others have agreed to answer any questions that foreigners may have, except, of course, those that would require the release of classified information.

We now open the communications radios for your queries...
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA
Newaswa wrote:What is the greatest threat to your nation?
Vallermoore wrote:The Victorious Decepticons.

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us
rather than meet up to have a talk. :(

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

The Huskar Social Union wrote: ... massive empires of genocidal machines.

Destructive Government Economic System
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Destructive Government Economic System » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:17 am

My, my; the interest in a nation where the antagonists are the victors has overtaken my mind right now, so to speak.

Here is a question for you: "What is your opinion of Pax Cybertronian, another nation in which the Decepticons are the rulers of the universe? Would you consider him a friend, ally, rival, impostor, or a foe?"

-The Great Uniter and Beast of the DGES
"All I wish is to see the world burn."
(By the way, the DGES is a servant to DEAREST LEADER of Psychotic Dictatorships.)
Just your typical guy who wants to have fun. Don't take this nation seriously,
ever.
I DO NOT use NS stats!
Keshiland literally wrote:I would give it a no. A country that lies about how free, or how great, or how humanitarian it is can never be developed. Example, NK lies and says they are democratic and are not, the US lies and says we are free yet we incarcerate millions for a medical plant. See we are basically a larger more populated North Korea.

Blakullar
Senator

Founded: Sep 07, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Blakullar » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:29 am

"First and by far the most important question: where's the nearest boozer from the spaceport? Second question: does it accept cyborgs who may or may not have an overwhelming penchant for getting hideously drunk? I promise I won't trash the place - maybe. Finally, do any of your raiding parties happen to have room to spare on their team for one of the aforementioned cyborgs?"

~ Ippolyta the Manreaper.
Last edited by Blakullar on Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
- - - MECHANOCRATIC RUSSIA - - -
From the dilettante who brought you Worlds Asunder!

Part of the Frencoverse.
Did you know I'm also a website?

NS stats not included.
Yes, I am real. Send help.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:04 am

Destructive Government Economic System wrote:My, my; the interest in a nation where the antagonists are the victors has overtaken my mind right now, so to speak.

Here is a question for you: "What is your opinion of Pax Cybertronian, another nation in which the Decepticons are the rulers of the universe? Would you consider him a friend, ally, rival, impostor, or a foe?"

They're from some other universe or dimension, and we're sure that the anomaly will correct itself over time, just like it always does when some counterfeit Decepticons appear. These seem especially weak, with their weird government, continued existence of Starscream, and that seal of theirs with those Autobottish elements mashed into it. You know there is only one place for anything that is at all Autobot-like, and that's the Main Foundry.

~Foreign Intelligence Office

It's just the type of place my special Battalion should visit.

~General Carjack the Genocider

Blakullar wrote:
"First and by far the most important question: where's the nearest boozer from the spaceport? Second question: does it accept cyborgs who may or may not have an overwhelming penchant for getting hideously drunk? I promise I won't trash the place - maybe. Finally, do any of your raiding parties happen to have room to spare on their team for one of the aforementioned cyborgs?"

~ Ippolyta the Manreaper.

Unfortunately, you are out of luck for finding a proper boozer! We are full-on robots, so booze does nothing for us as an intoxicant. Therefore, we only use it as an industrial solvent or an emergency fuel - and never sell it in establishments meant to provide comfort or entertainment.

That said, you can buy pure ethanol in any decently-large factory district. Just be prepared to buy industrial quantities. Look for a company that sells "organic solvents." They'll do business with anyone, but be warned that if you start trying to trash the place, they will respond by blasting you. They'll also try their best to scam you out of your last Cubelet if it seems like your mind-boards aren't working right, so it's best to leave there before you start drinking the product!

~Bureau of Tourism

"Manreaper," huh? If you were to immigrate and become a full robot, and accept an anti-alcoholism patch, we might be able to use you...

~Screening Office, Genocide Battalion

*Smirk* He wants to be a raider with one of OUR gangs?! He's not even a real robot! How will he ever keep up with us when we fly through space at FTL?! His biological parts would just blow off while the rest of him kept going! Plus, I bet he couldn't even pull a 100,000-barrel trailer free of the gravity of the place we just hit. What good is some puny creature on a raid?

~Dark Matter, raid gang leader

A..."cyborg?" *Looks it up* Oh - you must have misspoke. You wouldn't be a raider. You'd be LOOT! The slave market would pay plenty for a humant with augmentations like that! Your bio-parts are human, right? Hey, don't go away~! Heeerree, slavey slavey slavey...

~Random raider
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:14 am, edited 3 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Explosive .50 cal shells vs. Decepticons: REAL, IRL PROOF the Decepticons would laugh at them - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVTZlNQfPA

Bluquse wrote:Imperialist, aggressive, and genociding aliens or interdimensional beings that would most likely slaughter or enslave us

TurtleShroom wrote:Also, like any sane, civilized nation, we always consider the Victorious Decepticons a clear, present, and obvious threat we must respect, honor, and leave alone in all circumstances. Always fear the Victorious Decepticons.

-The Imperial Federation-
Envoy

Founded: Jul 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby -The Imperial Federation- » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:33 am

"What is your preferred method of enjoyable mass extinction? I'm just looking for new ways of eradicating insects instead of a typical ball of flame style."
-Victor Vonstein
THE IMPERIAL FEDERATION
”The only man who never makes a mistake is the man who never does anything.”
-Teddy Roosevelt
|His Exellency, Supreme Chancellor Victor Blackwood| Demian Goodwell|God of Knowledge, Imperial Ferrok|Victor Vonstein

[National Guardian]  The War against the bucket heads of Megatronus still waging on, Now, loyal citizens of Our Supreme civilization buy your war bonds to support the troops! ||

NS stats are not used.

Picardiastan
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Picardiastan » Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:36 am

"May we ask as to who the real Megatron is: the leader present with you, or this entity here?"

- Paul Jakebson, President of Picardiastan
Nation: Picardiastan
President: Paul Jakebson

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:27 am

"In all of history, the Victorious Decepticons have only lost one war, and that was to the Menelmacari elves. Do you consider the Menelmacari to be worthy opponents, or valiant in the eyes of the Decepticon Way because of their fierce, militaristic lifestyle and honor?"

"When you lost the Great War to Menelmacar and three billion of your slaves/livestock/beasts of burdern were liberated and dumped on a planet where they could be corrupt and oppressive in peace- as freemen -what were the measures you took to ensure that would never happen again?"

"Why did Megatron open a portal to a pocket Hell during the Great War, and what was the purpose of that attack?"
Last edited by TURTLESHROOM II on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

The Other Power
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Other Power » Mon Oct 09, 2017 4:08 pm

"Does Megatron hold the Matrix of Leadership?"
PMT, The Euclidean Consulate
An authoritarian power against the Supreme Authority

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:03 am

-The Imperial Federation- wrote:"What is your preferred method of enjoyable mass extinction? I'm just looking for new ways of eradicating insects instead of a typical ball of flame style."
-Victor Vonstein

We actually do not usually go for true extinction - most target populations, particularly biological ones, tend to manage to have a few members escape into rural areas where the law of diminishing returns makes it highly impractical to go get every single one of them. That said, I've found that the most effective - and therefore, the most enjoyable in my view - way to do a genocide is to first swarm the target area and just start whacking every target we see as well as all of the places they're likely to hide. Then we continue operations to ensure that we kill every last member of the target species in the designated area.

For example, say we want to take out a human city and all of the humans in it. First, we come in and destroy all of the superstructure, such as houses and buildings, with plain energy blaster fire or bombing. Then, we transform and land to begin the ground work. All rubble is stomped on with as much force as we can muster, thereby flattening it and terminating almost all that might be trapped but still living within its voids. Since even hydraulic stamping isn't usually enough to fully flatten everything, we then heat the rubble with our blasters to make sure everything is fully cooked.

Of course, this only gets rid of about 70% of the population; humans are sneaky and slippery when they know they're really in danger. So, it's now time to eradicate all of the ones who have hidden themselves in the storm drains and sewers! First, we weld almost all of the manhole covers down and be sure to block those little vent holes they have. Then, we go to the unwelded ones and sit down on them, positioning our exhaust pipes right on top. Then we rev, and we keep on revving for a couple of hours. Of course, this produces plenty of carbon monoxide. The best thing about it is that all WE have to do for this part is sit on our asses!

Sometimes, we leave a couple of manhole covers seemingly unattended. That's just a trap. In reality, there'll be troops waiting to blast humans who try to come pouring out of them. We also have scouts in the air during this operation, and they'll spot any openings that we missed thanks to humans starting to pour out, and then we'll send other troops to go take care of those.

All in all, that's how I like it: It's efficient, effective, and very terrifying for other cities to see on TV as we broadcast the carnage over all channels. That last part is important. When the other cities see how their demise is inevitable if they resist, and how we carry it out with true machine precision, they almost always choose to surrender and - most importantly - lose the will to stage any insurgencies.

Note that this works best in asymmetrical warfare situations where we have the absolute advantage. If the war is evenly-matched, like we were against the Autobots, then it is only finished through grueling individual combat where each kill is hard won. In that case, dogged persistence is one of the keys to success. It sounds quite unfun, and I'm glad that I joined the Decepticons after the Cybertronian Great War was already won.

~General Carjack the Genocider

Picardiastan wrote:"May we ask as to who the real Megatron is: the leader present with you, or this entity here?"

- Paul Jakebson, President of Picardiastan

It's definitely OUR Megatron. All others are counterfeits.

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:"In all of history, the Victorious Decepticons have only lost one war, and that was to the Menelmacari elves. Do you consider the Menelmacari to be worthy opponents, or valiant in the eyes of the Decepticon Way because of their fierce, militaristic lifestyle and honor?"

"When you lost the Great War to Menelmacar and three billion of your slaves/livestock/beasts of burdern were liberated and dumped on a planet where they could be corrupt and oppressive in peace- as freemen -what were the measures you took to ensure that would never happen again?"

"Why did Megatron open a portal to a pocket Hell during the Great War, and what was the purpose of that attack?"

Oh, you have many questions!

Are the Menelmacari worthy opponents?

No. They and their allies are a bunch of piles of reject parts. They're also idiots for importing a bunch of Decepticons-in-Spirit who had just been waiting impatiently to get to a place where they would be the Strong. We'd bet that our livestock has enslaved the natives of whatever planet they went to by now. After all, our slaves were thoroughly trained that it is a moral imperative for the Strong to rule, and against baseliners, they are definitely the Strong. They've also been taught the Decepticon Way. In our view, only idiots would import them to their lands and then let them free to cause chaos there.

(OOC: They're a bunch of aggravating, metagaming, godmodders and I should have just cut that whole shitshow off.)

When you lost the Great War...
That wasn't the Great War. The Great War was against the Autobots, and we won it.

What measures did you take
We have taken many measures to prevent further cattle rustling. We've greatly beefed up our military presence both on and near Earth. We've also recoded our livestock into Version 5.0, which will automatically die if forcibly removed from its designated work sites or if forced to obey non-Decepticons. Death occurs within a day, so there is no time for rustlers to cancel the code. This provides even more disincentive against stealing our stock. Of course, we have added several classified anti-attack and anti-rustling measures, as well.

Why did Megatron open a portal to a pocket Hell

The enemy did something weird along those lines, so Megatron surely had to show them that he wouldn't be outdone.

(OOC: I have NO idea wtf those Hell sequences were about. The other side just started up some magic shit involving Hell, with zero explanation, so I made the best of it. I prefer to just ignore that segment now because it makes no damn sense.)

~Decepticon War Division

The Other Power wrote:"Does Megatron hold the Matrix of Leadership?"

The Matrix of Leadership does not exist in our universe and never did, despite what Earthian propaganda may have told you.

~Tourism Bureau
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Tue Oct 10, 2017 2:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Tue Oct 10, 2017 6:28 pm

*Revs engine*

[bump]
No war RPs; no open RPs.

The Other Power
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Other Power » Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:02 pm

"What is the preferred alt mode for the Decepticons?"
PMT, The Euclidean Consulate
An authoritarian power against the Supreme Authority

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:32 pm

The Other Power wrote:"What is the preferred alt mode for the Decepticons?"

*A chorus of voices ring out*

Plane mode! There's nothing like transforming into a fighter-bomber - that can go through space!

You also hear a whisper: Standardized bodies are cheaper to make and easier to fix. Only rich guys have customized bodies... *whoever's whispering sounds a little forlorn, like he'd really like to get something fully-custom like a High General or a syndicate leader often would do.*
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Kenmoria
GA Secretariat

Founded: Jul 03, 2017
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kenmoria » Tue Oct 10, 2017 11:22 pm

What is the internal energy source (I assume there is one) inside the deceptions?
Hello! I’m a GAer and NS Roleplayer from the United Kingdom.
My pronouns are he/him.
Any posts that I make as GenSec will be clearly marked as such and OOC. Conversely, my IC ambassador in the General Assembly is Ambassador Fortier. I’m always happy to discuss ideas about proposals, particularly if grammar or wording are in issue. I am also Executive Deputy Minister for the WA Ministry of TNP.
Kenmoria is an illiberal yet democratic nation pursuing the goals of communism in a semi-effective fashion. It has a very broad diplomatic presence despite being economically developing, mainly to seek help in recovering from the effect of a recent civil war. Read the factbook here for more information; perhaps, I will eventually finish it.

Phisych University
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Phisych University » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:52 am

I do hate to have my question related to... Let's say offensive propaganda, but I must ask if the Decepticons have tried tapping into the heat and photons of stars for power sources. I am aware that oil raids are as much a cultural phenomenon as it is a practical one and would not expect them to stop. I suppose what I'm asking is the entire society of the Decepticons powered by looted fossil fuels or are domestic power sources (since local in-system stars seem to be the only 'domestic' sources of power that could fuel Cybertronian demand longer than a standard Earth work-week, but I suppose other sources could do) exploited as well?

Moreover, how extensive is organic slave use? Just physical labour or are brains hooked up to networks to scan foreign software for potential hazards (say, using a tech-priest or a servitor to avoid deamon-infected programs deep in the archives of Mars while researching their weaponry in the myriad iterations of the Warhammer 40K universe) or are these hazards not really hazards to Cybertronian software?

Thank you for your time and I do hope you visit here someday within the next millennium or so, if I have eroded my sentimentality and have taken over my world, or at least Phisych University, I will gladly apply for vassal-state to the Decepticon Empire.

- Charles, A.I. and Chief Assistant of Phisych University
The Glorious State of Intellectuals!
(Disregard the damn, ignorant plebs!)

I'll let you determine the answer to that.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:26 pm

Kenmoria wrote:What is the internal energy source (I assume there is one) inside the deceptions?

The typical power plant is a good old-fashioned 500 cylinder Energon-fueled combustion engine. We also typically have small electrically-powered backup engines inside as well. Power for the backup engine usually comes from the battery, but there are other options.

Some of us actually run hybrid engines. In these cases, the electrical side is powered through an advanced system that uses solar paint as its means of collecting energy. However, that only provides 20% of operating power under normal circumstances, making it more of a power-miser than a lifesaver. Still, their users are great fans of the arrangement since it means that they get to use the saved Energon for things besides staying alive.

Electrical power is almost never the only source of energy for a Decepticon. Our bodies are too big, and our activities too strenuous, for any kind of wimpy full-Prius-style setup. When you're being blasted at, you don't want some eco-friendly but slow-responding hunk of junk in your abdomen.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Wed Oct 11, 2017 1:51 pm

Do you sell dynamite? I need 900 tons of dynamite and a fuse. The cheque is in the mail.
-- Alphonse

Stellar Colonies
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 27, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Stellar Colonies » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:00 pm

"What type of engine and/or drive do you use for your spacecraft? Does it obey the laws of physics used by 20th and 21st century Earth?"

- Alan Fernandez, Confederate scout
Floofybit wrote:Your desired society should be one where you are submissive and controlled
Primitive Communism wrote:What bodily autonomy do men need?
Techocracy101010 wrote:If she goes on a rampage those saggy wonders are as deadly as nunchucks
Parmistan wrote:It's not ALWAYS acceptable when we do it, but it's MORE acceptable when we do it.
Theodorable wrote:Jihad will win.
Distruzio wrote:All marriage outside the Church is gay marriage.
Khardsland wrote:Terrorism in its original definition is a good thing.
I try to be objective, but I do have some biases.

North Californian.
Stellar Colonies is a loose galactic confederacy.

The Confederacy & the WA.

Add 1200 years.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Phisych University wrote:I do hate to have my question related to... Let's say offensive propaganda, but I must ask if the Decepticons have tried tapping into the heat and photons of stars for power sources. I am aware that oil raids are as much a cultural phenomenon as it is a practical one and would not expect them to stop. I suppose what I'm asking is the entire society of the Decepticons powered by looted fossil fuels or are domestic power sources (since local in-system stars seem to be the only 'domestic' sources of power that could fuel Cybertronian demand longer than a standard Earth work-week, but I suppose other sources could do) exploited as well?

Moreover, how extensive is organic slave use? Just physical labour or are brains hooked up to networks to scan foreign software for potential hazards (say, using a tech-priest or a servitor to avoid deamon-infected programs deep in the archives of Mars while researching their weaponry in the myriad iterations of the Warhammer 40K universe) or are these hazards not really hazards to Cybertronian software?

Thank you for your time and I do hope you visit here someday within the next millennium or so, if I have eroded my sentimentality and have taken over my world, or at least Phisych University, I will gladly apply for vassal-state to the Decepticon Empire.

- Charles, A.I. and Chief Assistant of Phisych University

You have a few questions, so I'm answering them separately.

I must ask if the Decepticons have tried tapping into the heat and photons of stars for power sources.
Yes, but not in a way that's nearly as it has been depicted! Sticking a big metal contraption right onto a sun like in that propaganda would just result in the sun devouring it. Our metal is melt-resistant, but not THAT much.

We do have a few rather massive experimental solar arrays in orbit near our sun, and these are far more efficient and advanced than any Earth had created before the Invasion, but we've found the system to be far too vulnerable to outside interference - and domestic raiding - to be of proper use. One thing it did do is spur the creation of many ways to intercept wireless power transmission (thanks to our own people wanting to tap the arrays, which transmitted power directly at first), and these developments may become useful in some future war.

Other alternative fuels are known and in use. We have plenty of biofuel coming in from Earth now, despite the Market Share Protection Force of Megatron Energon occasionally trying to wipe out the facility that produces it. We also make full use of any extreme natural phenomena on organic worlds, such as hurricanes, earthquakes, and volcanoes to harvest power from them. The long-term effect of such harvesting is expected to be a calming of these natural actions as the power needed to produce them is depleted. Ideally, the affected planets will eventually become stable rather than losing their life-supporting qualities (if they had any such qualities to begin with - there are more barren rocks than lively ones, after all).

There are rumors of high-powered, non-Energon-using engines being in existence. For obvious reasons, Leader Megatron does not appreciate things that could render the products of Megatron Energon totally obsolete. Therefore, in a move that some say is quite unstrategic - but that others applaud as good business - he has somehow made talk of these all but disappear. Despite this, an undercurrent of rumor still has it that one might find some sort of satisfaction at a small storefront known only as Replicator's Shop, which is in a somewhat downscale area of the capital city.

Alas, Leader Megatron was seen visiting that shop a bit over a year ago, and since then, the proprietor will almost always deny having copies of any such engine. He also got notably richer at the time, but has likely lost that bribe money due to having to pay a bribe of his own to avoid meltdown after he swiped some sort of secret plans for something else.

~The Bureau of Impossible Physics

You won't get anywhere asking official sources about that. Give Replicator a million Cubes, though, and you'd be amazed at what kind of things you can get to put behind your panels. *Pauses* Oh, that only seems expensive. Put it like this, you get what you pay for, and if you pay enough, you can have pretty much anything you want. *He winks as he straightens from the wall he was leaning on*

~A shady-looking mobster

Moreover, how extensive is organic slave use? Adamantly physical labor ONLY! We would not trust slaves to scan our programs for viruses, especially since they have far more motivation to put them IN than get rid of them. Slaves are also banned from doing anything else that could allow them to become any sort of threat to our own security.

~The Bureau of Biological Labor
and
~The Decepticon War Division

Speaking of security, we as a people never run software through our own minds unless we know its source and all steps along the supply chain. We also always run our own anti-virus on it prior to installation, even if we think we can trust the source implicitly - we would check a software even if it was handed to us by Divine Leader Megatron himself, we are that picky about this.

All software of iffy origin, if it is run at all, is installed only onto a fully-external PC-like computer and used that way. While we have never encountered daemon-infested software, we believe that it wouldn't be able to do much if it did infect one of these expendable, non-sapient rigs.

The most sensitive external computers do not get outside software installed on them at all, but instead, are programmed directly by a handful of Decepticons - with extremely high security clearances - who are sitting right in front of them and are under the tightest of supervision. Even attempting to install outside software onto something like the Decepticon Intelligence Supercomputer would get you executed for high treason, not only for the attempt itself, but for all of the physical security breaches you'd have to have done to even get close enough to the machine's interface to try it.

~Intelligence Division's declassified addendum

are these hazards not really hazards to Cybertronian software?
We have had no problems with such hazards, perhaps because of our very limited contact with the denizens and phenomena widely classed as the Warhammer 40k Type. That is not to say that we are necessarily invincible to it; it just isn't a thing that we would normally encounter.

~Bureau of Paranormal Research
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:17 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:Do you sell dynamite? I need 900 tons of dynamite and a fuse. The cheque is in the mail.
-- Alphonse

Sure! That's low-tech enough to be permissible, assuming, of course, that you "aren't using it as a weapon." One of the few forbidden things here is to sell any sort of weapon to outsiders, since there's a near-universal jinx that causes weapons to be used against the selling country when international trades are done... So, of course, you "aren't intending to use it as a weapon," are you? *you can practically hear him winking*

As for the check, though, please wire the payment instead. Otherwise, the cost of shipping to Cybertron will be more expensive than the value of the check!

~Sales Department, Interplanetary Commerce Commission (a private syndicate)
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:24 pm

Stellar Colonies wrote:"What type of engine and/or drive do you use for your spacecraft? Does it obey the laws of physics used by 20th and 21st century Earth?"

- Alan Fernandez, Confederate scout

It's an FTL drive, and like any proper Decepticon, it both thumbs its nose and laughs at what 20th and 21st century Earth thinks of as "laws." This includes physics! In fact, we at the Bureau like to break the "laws" of physics the most of all, because so many people think it's impossible to do so.

As for how it works, unfortunately, I don't know, and the scientists here are bound to secrecy for national security reasons - not that I could understand it without a full-series set of Advanced Physics data packs installed, anyway.

Notably, we also have what are known as glider-trailers. They are unpowered or lightly-powered craft that are towed to and from their destinations. Some of these are spaceworthy, but others are only for in-atmosphere use. If they are lightly-powered, they will hover just above the ground when the one towing them lands, and in flight, will have power-assist to speed up turning maneuvers. Spaceworthy ones are able to withstand the physical forces of FTL, but the actual power and technology for such speeds comes from the FTL drive of the person towing them.

~SpaceBuff, desk clerk, the Bureau of Impossible Physics

PS: Except for cargo-bots, we rarely use "spacecraft" per se. We are all built space-flight capable, and the FTL drive became standard equipment in the iteration before last of the Minimum Design Specification of the Decepticon Body. This means that if you were a full Decepticon citizen, you could just walk into your local parts store and buy the needed unit! Be sure not to engage FTL while in an atmosphere; otherwise the friction will vaporize you if you don't outright bash into something first.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Fatatatutti
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 02, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Fatatatutti » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:07 am

Victorious Decepticons wrote:So, of course, you "aren't intending to use it as a weapon," are you?

Alphonse doesn't want to intentionally harm anybody but accidents do happen, especially when you mix ducks and dynamite.

As for the check, though, please wire the payment instead.

*dusts off rubber bank card*

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:31 pm

Fatatatutti wrote:
As for the check, though, please wire the payment instead.

*dusts off rubber bank card*

As long as it hits our accounts as real money and doesn't charge back later as fraud, we don't care what you make your cards out of. We wouldn't want any chargebacks... *gives threatening Mafia-esque stare*

~ICC
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Vallermoore
Senator

Founded: Mar 27, 2011
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Vallermoore » Thu Oct 12, 2017 10:52 pm

How do you and the changeling race get on?

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:27 am

So far, most relations have been cold to neutral, with sporadic attempts to mess with each other in random ways. It is a somewhat grudging acceptance of their existence. Still, we can tolerate them in some positions as need be, and in public, we tend to be polite to each other.

However, we secretly consider them a mixture of wannabe rivals, dangerous pests, and other such things. They're always a potential source of trouble when we invade pony lands, for such areas are always infested with them. Secretly we would like to eradicate them from the universe, and some of us always privately suggest that we undertake summary extermination missions against them whenever we take over a planet that happens to have them.

We have no idea what they think of us, but we're irked by their constant attempts to get at our love of Cybertron and the Decepticon Way. Perhaps we should sic a bunch of windigoes on them.
Last edited by Victorious Decepticons on Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Victorious Decepticons
Powerbroker

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Victorious Decepticons » Mon Oct 16, 2017 7:51 pm

*Attempts to turn over engine*
"This engine still have any Energon in it?"
No war RPs; no open RPs.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Factbooks and National Information