NATION

PASSWORD

The Dance of Chaos [IC-Fantasy-DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vanquaria
Senator

Founded: May 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vanquaria » Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:29 pm

Herr Bloomberg did a fancy attack, bludgeoning Gorbur's foot brutally in the process.
Vanq commands a quiet respect that carries its own authority. He is the Hitler of NS.

"I took away Vanq's YB for deliberatly ignoring me"
"I know Vanq is a very good writer and this is how he treats someone of lesser skill?"
"I would love to have a writer of your caliber along for the ride"
"neo and vanq do a dbz fusion to form 1 big shitposter then get erased from NS by kyrusia"
"Which is the level of memeing I expect from Vanq"
"brigadier general comes on, pulls a vanq and calls us all autistic"

Acruan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Fri Oct 06, 2017 9:53 am

Zapatha wrote:Gorbur had little time to react to the Margrave's attack, however one of his orc soldiers sacrificed himself by stepping in front of the magical flaming blade to ensure the horde would live on. Gorbur quickly retreated from the Margrave, cleaving several Velikiyan soldiers in two while running. It was after he killed his 7th Velikiyan did Gorbur hear the sound of hooves and battle outside the derelict fortresses' walls. With this, Gorbur ordered a retreat back to the gate to meet the incoming Velikiyan armies head on. The trolls and giants were the first to attack the incoming Black Sun knights, each swing of their massive clubs killing man and horse by the dozen.

The remaining 4,000 or so orc boar riders charged into the knights as well, however most of them being slaughtered by the highly skilled knights. The remaining 20,000 or so warriors charged headlong into the Velikiyan ranks, forcing a stalemate on the frontlines against the armored humans. Gorbur was in the thick of the fighting, laughing maniacally as he ravaged the puny manlings with his mighty axe. However, Gorbur looked uphill to his horror and saw another Velikiyan army charging his horde......
--------------------------------

Having marched for several weeks to reach Arzalask, Prince Arthur and Prince Adi's armies were itching to fight the orcish horde that had befallen Velikiya. Prince Arthur commanded 7,000 men, 500 of which being Knights of the Dawn under his command who were leading the charge. Arthur rode atop a white steed, his relic from Aurora seething with blue holy fire and might. As the 500 knights charged into the orc's right flank, each knight killed at least a dozen orcs on the charge alone. Arthur rode along the sea of orcs, decapitating several orcs at once with each swing of his holy relic. As his army encircled the orcs, Arthur created a holy vortex of swirling fire in the middle of the orcish ranks with a snap of his fingers. The vortex decimated the orcish battle lines, killing hundreds of orcs and turning them into ash within seconds. Before the vortex could reach any of the Velikiyans, Arthur once more snapped his fingers and the vortex dissipated into nothing.

Arthur resumed slaughtering orcs until he spotted what must have been the orc warlord, as he wielded a finely crafted battleaxe and was killing Velikiyan soldiers by the dozen. Seeing this, Arthur conjured a spear of white holy fire and hurled it at the orc.....

Prince Adi's Army was led by Archene. The Prince had stayed at his capital to take care of the affairs of his faction, trusting Prince Arthur and Archene to lead their armies to victory against the Orcs. Adi's Army had a total of 5000 people, 300 knights, 3000 footmen, 1000 archers and 200 mages. (The last 500 being 'logistics personnel' to ensure that their march would go as smoothly as it did, and maintenance of the resources of the mages.) Following Arthur's calvalry example, Adi's calvary went just behind Arthur's cutting only a few bodies deeper into the Orcs, each of his knights killing slightly over 10 orcs.

As soon as Arthur was done it was time for the mages to act, little over fifty black mages began chanting and flinging spells at the left flank of the Orcish Horde, bodies of the orcs being charred, blown and slices by fire, lightning and ice spells. With that, his footmen, archers along with a number of mages began marching towards the Horde. What was strange compared to a normal Velikiyan army were the dozens of large golems marching several steps ahead of the army. While most of them were of very similar models, such models being a silver armored humanoid with a large runed sword and a meter-and-a-half tall tower shield, there were a pair of golems clearly distinct from the rest. While their armor designs were similar, these golems were almost 3 meters tall. One 's armor was pitch black and the other silvery white. Their shields had Adi's banner along with several crimson and blue runes. Their swords, though not relics, seemed to considerably enchanted though their magic seemed to be very well contained.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:12 am

The Black Bottom Tavern
City of Arys, the League of Anselm
In the present

The weird boy sighed.. as his blood-red eyes seemed to glow even stronger than before, in the darkness of the poorly lit tavern. "My dear friend.. you really, really shouldn't it. It is not my intention to sound arrogant in any way..but you are a mere user of the Oath's powers. I was there when it was created...draw your own conclusion, servant of Patientia.", the mysterious being coldly declared..before he smiled again. "But of course, there is no need for hostility. Like I have said before, regardless of the outcome of our little discussion, I will not try to harm you or anyone else in any way. To put this into perspective.. I simply can not cause harm to anyone on my own.. but I am allowed to defend myself is so required by the circumstances. Let's leave it like that, shall we?" And the boy wearing a skull took a step back, smiling yet again. "What you are saying is a contradiction, isn't it? You say that you have no goals, but yet, you wish to help others. Excuse my inability to understand the complicated mechanisms of a human soul..but wouldn't that be some sort of a goal? And if your desire is to help the mortal who serves as the first servant of Benevolentia.. then you should perhaps listen to my advice!", he calmly explained, in a soft and somewhat cheerful voice. "Now of course, I can not tell you the entire truth.. to be fair, I'm not even allowed to warn you.. which is why I am certainly grateful for whoever made the spell that is surrounding this city.. it makes our.. interaction, a lot easier." And the weird being hesitated for a little. "How should I explain it to you.. you should break that bond.. if you want to save that mortal that is guided by Benevolentia, at least. Isn't it obvious that the sinful Archbishop is trying to manipulate her? Tell me, servant of Patientia, do you really think that he just wants to be her friend? That he actually and truly has a desire to help her? That's so amusing... you know how sinful souls work... " The weird boy snickered. "He probably wants to use her, to corrupt her soul with sin. They are archenemies after all, Kindness and Envy....and she is blinded by her own virtue. Are you just going to stay and watch? Or are you going to do something about it?..."

A sigh followed. "Are you really going to do nothing against the second in rank of the Archbishops of Sin? One of their most powerful dark mages? One of their biggest murderers? A practitioner of the dark arts of necromancy, the source and control of their undead armies?" The boy smiled yet again. "Let's just say that..I really wouldn't like it if the members of the Cult of Sins will manage to do what they desire. I am not allowed to intervene directly..but I really think that the sinful Archbishop that servers Invidia.. should suffer."

In the Ecclesiarchy, close to the border with Achisia

"He's not like the others? That might be true.. he is even worse.", the female knight replied coldly. Without saying anything to the white haired boy, she simply grasped him by the wrist, forcing him to stand up, gripping it so tightly that.. it seemed to hurt him. No wonder, considering that she was stealing his mana. Before any of the others were able to react, the woman finished, letting his hand go.. before she punched Pride again, right in the belly.. and once again, the blind boy fell on his knees, desperately gasping for air. But this was far from over. Just as the other knights were taking care of the boy, kicking him, beating him, and with one of them putting a metallic collar around his neck, one marked with magical symbols.. the female mage looked at the others again. "I would really, really love to bring you all with us..but since that bastard surrendered himself.. let's say that I can be a little lenient today. Still.. I can't afford it for you to follow us, or anything like that.. so, do us a favor.. and sleep a little."

The yellow eyed woman snapped her fingers.. creating a huge telekinetic blast right in front of her. There was nothing they could have done against it... there was no time to react in any way. It hit them at full force, filled with black magic, a cruel and perfidious spell, designed to knock enemies out, with as much pain as possible, but without hurting or killing them. And when they fell on the ground beneath.. they were all unconscious...

Somewhere

Three of them woke up.. somewhere, in a forest. The sun was setting, and night was coming. Their heads hurt.. and in the case of the pink haired girl, probably her entire body hurt, as Rafal had never managed to fully heal her wounds. And speaking of the green eyed boy.. he was nowhere to be seen.. just like, of course, Pride. And yet.. someone had bandaged her.. partially, at least. It had been done with care, as whoever did it had obviously tried not to intrude too much.. but those bandages had stopped her bleeding.. and they had probably saved her life.

And as the three of them, Lucia, Marina, and Alina had started to wake up..they quickly noticed that they were not alone. A girl was there with them, sitting on the ground, leaning with her back against one of the trees. Perhaps in other circumstances, she would have easily been considered to be beautiful.. but right now, she looked horrible. She was wearing pieces from an old, light armor, more specifically, the pauldrons, a breastplate, small faulds, and greaves. At some point in the past, those pieces of armor used to have a shiny, silver color.. but right now, they were just dirty, and grayish. The rest of her equipment was pretty simple, brown leathery clothes, pants, and boots, all of them worn out and in a pretty bad shape. A wooden shield, with a painting on it.. that seemed to have once shown an coat of arms of sorts. Divided into two, white and dark red, with some sort of a bird on it. The details were quite difficult to discern, since the colors were faded, and the shield itself was covered in cuts, presumably from enemy weapons. A double-edged, one-handed sword was sheathed in a brown leather sheathe, it's handle black.. and for a strange reason, the sword seemed to be in a much better shape than the rest of her equipment. But, enough about objects. As said before, if she would have taken care of herself, and if she would have worn a better attire, the girl could have easily been considered beautiful.. but now is was rather difficult to tell. Her green hair was long and messy, and her eyes had a light grayish color. She seemed to be extremely tired, with dark circles under her eyes..but even if her face was dirty, she had a kind and calm expression...and when she noticed that the three girls had started to wake up, she quickly stood up, worried.

"Are you alright?", she asked, in a Wyzkian accent, as she knelt down next to Alina.

Somewhere else

“It does make sense.. especially if it comes from the Archbishop of Kindness.”, the girl softly answered. “I would have answered differently, probably... I can’t help but sympathize with the one of them who never had anything. The one of them who never had a choice. The one of them who tried his best to do what’s good.. and yet, the cruel fate was always against him. But that’s just how I think.. and I have come to realize that the way in which humans think is pretty.. unpredictable.” The purple eyed girl sighed. “And yet for you to believe that both of them deserved better.. that is an act of compassion worthy of a servant of Benevolentia. Especially since one of them killed your father, after all..” The woman smiled sadly, as she continued to gently and calmly stroke the boy’s hair. And yet, while she was stroking his hair with her left hand.. she also seemed to hold something in her left hand. It was difficult to see.. in the darkness of the night. But she seemed to hold chains.. chains made out of a near transparent, but still black material….that were connected to the old, metallic chains of poor Celio’s collar and cuffs. It nearly looked as if he was a puppet.. and as if she was holding the strings…

"I don't think that we have ever met before.. so you I don't think that you know who I am.. but I know who you are, slave of Benevolentia. You are quite an intriguing human...it will be a pleasure to see how you react to sin.. but there is something else I have to do first..." The girl's voice suddenly became really, really cold.."What are you trying to do to my poor Archbishop? Don't you think that he has suffered enough? Trying to pretend that you are helping him.. trying to pretend that you are his friend.. what are you trying to do, exactly? There are easier ways for you to kill him.. are you trying to make him suffer? Do you want to break his heart, before giving him to the Ecclesiarchy to be burnt on a stake.. or.. " The girl was clearly disgusted just by the thought. "Don't you tell me that you are actually trying to be kind.. that you are actually trying to help him.. that you are actually trying to be his friend.. that thought is just.. repulsive and sickening.."
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:45 am

Tracian Empire wrote:In the Ecclesiarchy, close to the border with Achisia

"He's not like the others? That might be true.. he is even worse.", the female knight replied coldly. Without saying anything to the white haired boy, she simply grasped him by the wrist, forcing him to stand up, gripping it so tightly that.. it seemed to hurt him. No wonder, considering that she was stealing his mana. Before any of the others were able to react, the woman finished, letting his hand go.. before she punched Pride again, right in the belly.. and once again, the blind boy fell on his knees, desperately gasping for air. But this was far from over. Just as the other knights were taking care of the boy, kicking him, beating him, and with one of them putting a metallic collar around his neck, one marked with magical symbols.. the female mage looked at the others again. "I would really, really love to bring you all with us..but since that bastard surrendered himself.. let's say that I can be a little lenient today. Still.. I can't afford it for you to follow us, or anything like that.. so, do us a favor.. and sleep a little."

The yellow eyed woman snapped her fingers.. creating a huge telekinetic blast right in front of her. There was nothing they could have done against it... there was no time to react in any way. It hit them at full force, filled with black magic, a cruel and perfidious spell, designed to knock enemies out, with as much pain as possible, but without hurting or killing them. And when they fell on the ground beneath.. they were all unconscious...

Somewhere

Three of them woke up.. somewhere, in a forest. The sun was setting, and night was coming. Their heads hurt.. and in the case of the pink haired girl, probably her entire body hurt, as Rafal had never managed to fully heal her wounds. And speaking of the green eyed boy.. he was nowhere to be seen.. just like, of course, Pride. And yet.. someone had bandaged her.. partially, at least. It had been done with care, as whoever did it had obviously tried not to intrude too much.. but those bandages had stopped her bleeding.. and they had probably saved her life.

And as the three of them, Lucia, Marina, and Alina had started to wake up..they quickly noticed that they were not alone. A girl was there with them, sitting on the ground, leaning with her back against one of the trees. Perhaps in other circumstances, she would have easily been considered to be beautiful.. but right now, she looked horrible. She was wearing pieces from an old, light armor, more specifically, the pauldrons, a breastplate, small faulds, and greaves. At some point in the past, those pieces of armor used to have a shiny, silver color.. but right now, they were just dirty, and grayish. The rest of her equipment was pretty simple, brown leathery clothes, pants, and boots, all of them worn out and in a pretty bad shape. A wooden shield, with a painting on it.. that seemed to have once shown an coat of arms of sorts. Divided into two, white and dark red, with some sort of a bird on it. The details were quite difficult to discern, since the colors were faded, and the shield itself was covered in cuts, presumably from enemy weapons. A double-edged, one-handed sword was sheathed in a brown leather sheathe, it's handle black.. and for a strange reason, the sword seemed to be in a much better shape than the rest of her equipment. But, enough about objects. As said before, if she would have taken care of herself, and if she would have worn a better attire, the girl could have easily been considered beautiful.. but now is was rather difficult to tell. Her green hair was long and messy, and her eyes had a light grayish color. She seemed to be extremely tired, with dark circles under her eyes..but even if her face was dirty, she had a kind and calm expression...and when she noticed that the three girls had started to wake up, she quickly stood up, worried.

"Are you alright?", she asked, in a Wyzkian accent, as she knelt down next to Alina.
"No, stop it, stop," Alina begged, and tried to intervene once more, only for her to start screaming as the spell overwhelmed her. No, no, no--

"Good morning," one of them says cheerfully. "Did you sleep well? I hope so, because there's a lot for you to do today!"

She blinks, barely remembering what's happening and feeling dread in the pit of her stomach like a heavy weight. "...No..." she whimpers. "No."

"Really? You don't want to? Hmm... too bad. Since you're going to be one of us now, it's not like you have a choice. Come on." She's pulled to her feet, the grip on her arm only distantly painful as she's dragged along, pushed down, surrounded. Her heart starts racing, and she shakes her head frantically.

"Get away," she begs. "Please. Please don't. Don't..."

Long, slim fingers brush against her cheek, tracing the curve of her chin. "Soft," she hears, faintly. "Soft and warm and sweet... I like this one. She was good. Better than the last one, anyway..."

"Isn't she the daughter of some nobleman or another? We don't get many of those. Maybe a high-class girl makes for a high-class experience. Or maybe she just enjoys this as much as we do. And to think, before yesterday she'd never been with anyone before... with a body like that, I'm surprised we were the first to take her. I suppose that just means that she belongs to us and us alone."

"No... No--"

Another hand draws over her lips, silencing her. And then they're upon her, holding her tightly, not letting her move--more of them around her, vultures over dying prey, she struggles, thrashes, a few quick movements and her dress falls to the floor beneath her--and they watch and watch and watch as she fights, she thinks they like it, like watching her frantic movements, the way her body twists as she struggles--but she can't stop--if she stops fighting then they'll do it again and she can't let them, she can't--

She screams, her voice scaling upwards in pitch as one of them moves closer. Her face turns a bright scarlet with shame, and she squeezes her eyes shut, trying not to cry.

"Stop!" she wails. "Stop, please! I can't--I don't want to--"

Make them stop oh gods please make them stop make them stop--

This is wrong, it's disgusting, I don't want this, I don't want them, someone please help me--

Another scream ripped from her throat as she awoke, and she curled up reflexively, as if trying to hide. The girl's words cut through the pain, and she flinched back, for a moment forgetting that she had ever been rescued.

"No more," she whimpered. "Please. Please, no more..."

Slowly, her mind began to clear, and she looked around frantically. Where was Rafal? What had happened to Pride? Who was this girl?

"Rafal, where's Rafal," she murmured fearfully. "Where did that awful woman go? Did she take him, too? Where did she take them? Where? Who are you? You're not with her, right?" She moved backwards, away from the girl, clearly afraid. "Why are you here? What do you want? Please... Don't hurt us... Don't hurt me, please..."
Last edited by Charlia on Sat Oct 07, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Oct 07, 2017 3:13 pm

Anselm
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

The coach slowly came to a halt, ending a journey that had taken them over the seas and lands controlled by the Anselmians within 4 days. In Heydekrug Konstanze had made sure that Jeremy and Mireille got onto one of her ships which sailed directly to Arys. It was a particularly fast one so they had made the seafaring part of the journey within merely 3 days. And in Arys a black coach with the family sigil of the Unsterbs had been waiting for them together with a small cavalry escort. And still, the journey had taken them another day through increasingly deserted and desolate parts of the country. But there had still been people other than the quiet men of their escort. And was it just them or were these men not looking all too happy at where they were going? But then they had come to the village at the border of a great fen, a village which had been fortified and was apparently inhabited by nothing but mercenaries who had controlled the papers their escorts showed them before letting them through into the fen.

And after their long ride through the fen, they were now here in front of this great white house. The moon was hidden behind the clouds so the walls were lit only by the unsteady light of the torches carried by their escorts. It's many windows were dark and no light was there behind them. All in all the house looked cold and abandoned. And yet, above it all lay the stench of death and an aura of evil was permeating it's walls that could make those who were weak willed flee again into the fen and rather face the terrors lying in wait there than stay with the ghostly house.

Their guards, although certainly not cowards, pretty much fled the scene right after they had left the coach, leaving them stranded in the fen. No shouting, no cursing would bring them back. The men had fulfilled their objective and were getting the hell out again. Staying around the house too long could be suicide for mere mortal men like them.

Shortly after the riding escorts had disappeared from sight, lightning split the sky in two and shortly illuminated the whole white house and the windows. Was it their imagination or were there shadows quickly ducking for cover behind those windows? Moments later thunder was heard nearby and the cloudy sky opened it's floodgates, starting to rain down upon the couple standing there outside the manor.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 4:08 pm

Remnants of Exilvania wrote:Anselm
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

The coach slowly came to a halt, ending a journey that had taken them over the seas and lands controlled by the Anselmians within 4 days. In Heydekrug Konstanze had made sure that Jeremy and Mireille got onto one of her ships which sailed directly to Arys. It was a particularly fast one so they had made the seafaring part of the journey within merely 3 days. And in Arys a black coach with the family sigil of the Unsterbs had been waiting for them together with a small cavalry escort. And still, the journey had taken them another day through increasingly deserted and desolate parts of the country. But there had still been people other than the quiet men of their escort. And was it just them or were these men not looking all too happy at where they were going? But then they had come to the village at the border of a great fen, a village which had been fortified and was apparently inhabited by nothing but mercenaries who had controlled the papers their escorts showed them before letting them through into the fen.

And after their long ride through the fen, they were now here in front of this great white house. The moon was hidden behind the clouds so the walls were lit only by the unsteady light of the torches carried by their escorts. It's many windows were dark and no light was there behind them. All in all the house looked cold and abandoned. And yet, above it all lay the stench of death and an aura of evil was permeating it's walls that could make those who were weak willed flee again into the fen and rather face the terrors lying in wait there than stay with the ghostly house.

Their guards, although certainly not cowards, pretty much fled the scene right after they had left the coach, leaving them stranded in the fen. No shouting, no cursing would bring them back. The men had fulfilled their objective and were getting the hell out again. Staying around the house too long could be suicide for mere mortal men like them.

Shortly after the riding escorts had disappeared from sight, lightning split the sky in two and shortly illuminated the whole white house and the windows. Was it their imagination or were there shadows quickly ducking for cover behind those windows? Moments later thunder was heard nearby and the cloudy sky opened it's floodgates, starting to rain down upon the couple standing there outside the manor.
Mireille looked up in annoyance at the rain, but quickly looked back down at the house excitedly. It looked really cool and old, and like there were ghosts in it, and she loved ghost stories--they were spooky and made chills go down her spine. She'd like a ghost friend, she thought they would be fun to play with.

"Come on, Jermee," she said with a grin, and ran up to the door, pounding on it as hard as she could with her small fists.

"Hey!" she yelled. "Let me in! I want to meet my new friend!"

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:38 pm

As Gorbur was fighting the puny Velikiyans, he noticed a spear of white light whizzing by his head and impaling a nearby troll into the ground with tremendous force. However as he was looking at the spectacular sight, a Velikiyan soldier stabbed Gorbur in the wound Herr Bloomberg inflicted upon his foot which sent Gorbur stumbling backward in writhing pain. He soon however regained his balance and decapitated the man with a swing of his axe.

Even an orc with such prodigious strength and stamina as Gorbur was beyond exhausted, as he had already been fighting for almost half of the day and night was swiftly falling upon the battlefield. As much as it pained him, Gorbur had to order a retreat of his forces from the now ruined fortress. Gorbur yelled for his horde to retreat back to their camp. As his force was retreating, he took one more survey of the battlefield and saw that he needed a much larger horde to succeed in destroying the world of men.....
----------------

After Arthur witnessed his spear impale the 15 foot troll into the ground, he organized his Knights of the Dawn once more to chant one large spell together:

"Oh Aurora, creator of our world and sower of the seed of mankind, grant unto us your holy light to purge the darkness that stalks the night!"

With this chant, every single Velikiyan soldier was filled with raw strength and set alight their weapons with white fire that sliced and burned through the green flesh of the orcs. Surging with magical might, Arthur led his knights on one last charge into the ranks of the routing orcs slaughtering many orcs with their flaming weapons. Arthur's spell had also increased the mana of Prince Adi's mages and the potency of their spells.

The men of Velikiya had won the battle.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Oct 07, 2017 10:54 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:Somewhere else

“It does make sense.. especially if it comes from the Archbishop of Kindness.”, the girl softly answered. “I would have answered differently, probably... I can’t help but sympathize with the one of them who never had anything. The one of them who never had a choice. The one of them who tried his best to do what’s good.. and yet, the cruel fate was always against him. But that’s just how I think.. and I have come to realize that the way in which humans think is pretty.. unpredictable.” The purple eyed girl sighed. “And yet for you to believe that both of them deserved better.. that is an act of compassion worthy of a servant of Benevolentia. Especially since one of them killed your father, after all..” The woman smiled sadly, as she continued to gently and calmly stroke the boy’s hair. And yet, while she was stroking his hair with her left hand.. she also seemed to hold something in her left hand. It was difficult to see.. in the darkness of the night. But she seemed to hold chains.. chains made out of a near transparent, but still black material….that were connected to the old, metallic chains of poor Celio’s collar and cuffs. It nearly looked as if he was a puppet.. and as if she was holding the strings…

"I don't think that we have ever met before.. so you I don't think that you know who I am.. but I know who you are, slave of Benevolentia. You are quite an intriguing human...it will be a pleasure to see how you react to sin.. but there is something else I have to do first..." The girl's voice suddenly became really, really cold.."What are you trying to do to my poor Archbishop? Don't you think that he has suffered enough? Trying to pretend that you are helping him.. trying to pretend that you are his friend.. what are you trying to do, exactly? There are easier ways for you to kill him.. are you trying to make him suffer? Do you want to break his heart, before giving him to the Ecclesiarchy to be burnt on a stake.. or.. " The girl was clearly disgusted just by the thought. "Don't you tell me that you are actually trying to be kind.. that you are actually trying to help him.. that you are actually trying to be his friend.. that thought is just.. repulsive and sickening.."

Julie continued to listen to the girl quietly, but the moment she spoke of "humans" in such a direct, noninclusive way...was immediately alarming. Perhaps it was then that she noticed that not only was the woman stroking Celio's hair...she was also holding opaque, black chains that connected to Celio's...putting the Archbishop on high alert. It was alarming to see that...only putting her on edge even further as the woman proceeded to speak, calling Julie an intriguing human, talking about being excited to see how she'll react to sin...but what could that mean..? The brown-haired girl took another unsure, concerned step backwards, placing her hand on the hilt of her blade in high alarm as the girl's voice turned cold and merciless. Everything was slowly falling into place...and it wasn't but a second before it clicked in the girl's head. This girl...it had to be Invidia..!

She asked her what she was trying to do to Celio, that there were easier ways to kill him, and asked what was her goal...and then seeming repulsed by the idea that Julie could actually be trying to help him and be his friend. Julie frowned and her brow furrowed, a defensive look on her face. "I'm sorry it makes you feel that way...but yes, I am trying to be his friend! I want to make him happier, to make him see that fighting and death and all that junk isn't always the solution!" She said proudly, bravely, solid on her stance. "My ultimate goal is to help him...to save him from sin, to make him pure and happy again! I want to free him from his chains..." She paused, her momentarily goofy, proud look fading to solid, courageous seriousness. "...from your chains, Invidia. I hope to break him from your rule. He deserves to live free!" Her look became sympathetic for a moment as she looked to Celio. "Why did you have to pull such a young man under your rule..? You could've chosen anyone, you could've chosen some great king, some strong knight, and you had to...choose him as your Archbishop?" She looked back to the goddess with confusion and misunderstanding. "Why..? Of all people...why him..?"
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:20 pm

Somewhere else

The purple eyed girl simply giggled. "Why did I have to choose him? Little girl, you don't know anything.." Invidia continued to smile, as if nothing had happened. "You disgust me, slave of my enemy..what you said sounds so much like something that Benevolentia would say.. it's sickening. Trying to be so selfless, so merciful, so compassionate..I believe that if humans would feel the disgust that I am feeling right now.. they would most likely just throw up. How are you going to save him from sin, to make him happy and pure again.. when he has never been happy or pure? When he has always been bound by chains? You might break my chains..but those aren't the only ones keeping him captive. You know so little.." The white haired Sin sighed. "Still, I must applaud you for find out who I am.. even if it was probably rather obvious. You might be a great archenemy for my little Archbishop.. but you could stop from trying to make it look like I am the evildoer here? I didn't choose him.. he chose me." Invidia smirked. "To be fair, his choice was between death and me..but I only gave him this opportunity because I admired the envy in his heart..and I wasn't the one to force that decision on him. All of them had to choose. It is not my fault that fate was against them. It is not my fault that it all ended as it did.. I only gave them another chance..and...isn't that a merciful act from someone who is supposed to be as merciless as me?"

Invidia giggled yet again. "Saying that you want to save him and all of that.. it's certainly a laudable thing.. but how do you plan on doing it? You don't know him.. you don't know his past, you don't know anything about him. I'm sure that if you were to find that out.. you are no longer going to believe in that lie of wanting to help him. That's why I showed you a tiny bit of it..but you did surprise me by choosing to forgive him after he killed your father.. you do seem to be disgusting enough to be Benevolentia's slave.. oh well. I'll just have to slowly show you more and more.." The girl sighed. "But what are you going to do? Saying that you are going to save him, and that you are going to break his chains is easy.. but do you know what will happen after that? I am the only one still connecting him to this world, the only one keeping him alive... if you free him from me..death will take back what is hers.. don't you think?.."

In a weird forest somewhere

The green haired girl was clearly shocked to see Alina react like that, as she quickly stood up, her shield down on the ground next to her. "I'm not with anyone, I'm alone..my name is Zofia, I'm a knight.", the girl said in a voice that wanted to calm, even if she was a little alarmed. "I'm not going to hurt anyone, I promise. I was trying to reach the nearest city when I found you three, wounded, and I just couldn't leave you like that..the night is dangerous in these forests. But I couldn't move you on my own.. so I tried to help you, while waiting for you to wake up.." The ashen eyed girl raised her hands a little, trying to show that she had no hidden intentions. And the way in which Alina had been bandaged seemed to support her words.."I don't know what awful woman you are talking about.. like I said, when I found you, you three were alone, unconscious, simply lying on the ground." The girl took a deep breath, as if to calm herself down. "Is that Rafal your friend? Is he missing? Because if he is somewhere in this forest.. we have to find him, before the night begins.."
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:38 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:In a weird forest somewhere

The green haired girl was clearly shocked to see Alina react like that, as she quickly stood up, her shield down on the ground next to her. "I'm not with anyone, I'm alone..my name is Zofia, I'm a knight.", the girl said in a voice that wanted to calm, even if she was a little alarmed. "I'm not going to hurt anyone, I promise. I was trying to reach the nearest city when I found you three, wounded, and I just couldn't leave you like that..the night is dangerous in these forests. But I couldn't move you on my own.. so I tried to help you, while waiting for you to wake up.." The ashen eyed girl raised her hands a little, trying to show that she had no hidden intentions. And the way in which Alina had been bandaged seemed to support her words.."I don't know what awful woman you are talking about.. like I said, when I found you, you three were alone, unconscious, simply lying on the ground." The girl took a deep breath, as if to calm herself down. "Is that Rafal your friend? Is he missing? Because if he is somewhere in this forest.. we have to find him, before the night begins.."
"Yes, he's... he's my friend," Alina replied haltingly, starting to calm down. He's my friend. He promised to protect me. Even though I'm just Luxuria's whore... "He was here before... But if he's in this forest, I... I can find him... I can try..." We can't leave without him. I have to find him, fast... and then we can go after that horrible woman, we have to find her before it's too late, but we can't leave without Rafal...

She closed her eyes, shaking, and reached into the forest around her.

She could feel it.

Every blade of grass, every leaf on every tree. It was as if they were merely extensions of her body, and then she felt it.

There was someone else in the forest, besides them. She could feel their presence, the effect they had on the surrounding environment. She wasn't sure quite where they were, but she knew the general direction, and a smile crossed her face.

"He's that way," she said simply, gesturing in the proper direction. "Please... keep an eye on them," she added, gesturing to the other two, who were still unconscious, though Marina had started to show signs of stirring. "I'll go and find him, and be right back."

She stood up, and started walking, glancing back at Zofia briefly. Can I really trust her?

Even if I can't, I don't have any other options...

Rafal, where are you?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:54 am

Anselm
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

The door was apparently not locked as it swung open with a loud and long creeking sound, revealing a dark hallway leading further into the house. If someone had been up here, then he would have noticed their presence after this sound. And yet, nobody showed up as they made their way deeper and deeper into the dark house. Or maybe they just couldn't see them because it was so dark, because there definitely was this weird feeling of being watched. But they couldn't hear or see anything, an old red carpet muting the sounds of their and others' footsteps.

Finally they reached a room deep in the house that was dimly lit by some candles. It seemed to be some sort of library, bookshelves stacked with old and colourful books lining the walls. The room actually seemed to be in quite good shape. There was no dust on the books nor the floor or the shelves and the candles, although many already almost burnt down, must have been lit only hours ago. Someone had kept this room clean so there definitely was someone living here.

A bloodcurdling scream suddenly rang out from...below? Yes, indeed from below but also from behind one of the book shelves! Secret staircase behind a bookshelf? Yes, indeed. Now, what to do? Try all books untill you found the lever? Or burning down the whole shelf, risking whoever may be torturing or getting tortured behind it to be rather displeased with that?

Anselm
City of Heydekrug
Merchant High Council

"...And because of this, as of this day the League of Anselm is officially at war with the Most Serene Reoublics of Calaria."

As Konstanze finished, she took a look around at the faces of the others wether they approved of her wording of the official declaration of war. Scribes were hectically scribbling down everything she had said onto documents to save it for later or if she would later not be able to remember exactly what she had said. In most faces, approval could be read, in some simply impatience or boredom. But in none could she see open disapproval. But it meant nothing, the merchants in the High Council were masters at disguising their true intentions and feelings. Her eyes darted over to that one merchant whom she was going to attack next to see how he reacted. He too had a more impatient look on his face, Konstanze could already guess why.

Condescendingly she suddenly asked:

"Well, Herr Brügl what do you think of this form?"

Alois Ferdinand Olbert Brügl winced in surprise that she just spoke to him directly and publicly for no specific reason really. Ah good old Alois, he had been the richest merchant of Anselm for quite a long time. But all too recently did he have to give up this post to Konstanze, whose rise had surprised many among the merchants of Anselm. Looking at the fat man, sweating hard because he was not sure why she spoke to him but could already guess it, Konstanze could only feel digust. This wretched little man simply couldn't fathom the loos of his position and so he had instead taken to seeking the help of the mortal enemies of Anselm, the Calarians, to see her removed from her position. She could only guess how many trade secrets and other information he had passed over to the Calarians but she knew that the order to kill her had come from the Calarians, who oviously saw her as a threat. And Brügl had been all too happy to follow this order, to try and kill the hated usurper of his position.

"I-I believe it is fine as it is Fräulein Vorsitzende!"

She licked her lips, staring at him hungrily like a carnivorous animal at it's prey while leaning over her lectern.

"Are you sure about that Alois? I have the feeling you disapprove. Or is it a wrong feeling and you don't disapprove of the document form but of me?"

Brügl fidgeted around in his seat. He wanted to go so badly but he couldn't. All eyes in the room were upon their little conversation and people would ask questions if he would just leave. But again he tried to evade.

"I-I d-d-don't know what you mean! Why sh-should I feel like this to-towards y-y-you of all people?"

Konstanze now slowly walked around her lectern and into the centre of the room, keeping her eyes locked on Brügl. Here in the centre, the merchants sitting all around her, she asked loudly:

"Then why did you send Yazgirian mercenaries after me to kill me on the road? And why did you pay them with Calarian coin?"

These news set the room into a state of uproar. The merchants could not believe what they had just heard or at the very least they feigned indignation. It was normal that the merchants tried to assasinate each other and understandable why Brügl would try to assasinate her but the Calarian payment and the unfortunate point in time he picked with his assasination made this high treason against the League! Insults were thrown at him and some of the merchants sitting next to him tried to hit him with their fists but some ushers had come from one of the door and grabbed the man before dragging him intot he centre of the room where everyone could see him, right before Konstanze. She walked around him and lifted her arms into the air, talking to the enraged crowd of Anselmian merchants:

"Comrades, partners! This man has committed high treason against the state of Anselm!"

Cheers and howls from the crowd answered her words, the merchants showing their consent in most primitive ways.

"He has put all our efforts at claiming revenge from the Calarians and filling our coffers at risk!"

Insults flew, some threw their hats at Brügl who was just sitting there, struggling against the guards holding him tightly in a kneeling position.

"There is only one punishment fitting for this crime!"

And the crowd answered, shouting in unison:

"Tod! Tod! Tod!"

Kostanze soothed the crowd again before saying:

"Then death it is that he shall get. Concerning his riches, I believe that they shall be fully used for the war effort to make up for his treason and to ease the financial burden on us. All of his belongings should be confiscated and put to good use, do you agree?!?"

Now the crowd was cheering and clapping again and a smile crossed her face. She knew the merchants too well. The moment there was an opportunity for them to save money, they would take it and be happy and content. And the great riches of Brügl would indeed be very helpful. She didn't feel any pity for the man as he was dragged away kicking and screaming, pleading for mercy. He shouldn't have put his personal motives above those of the country.

And so Anselm went to war with the execution of a traitor...

Calaria
The Border Territories
Castillo de Penderiffa

Dietrich put the telescope away again into the saddlebag of his horse. The fortress he was looking at was quite a sight to behold. High and thick walls, a central stronghold, strong towers, artillery emplacements, everything was there to hold the castle against any attack for weeks atleast, months of they had a well and stockpiled food. All it lacked was a strong garrison. In times of war, yes, there would be one once the militias had been mobilized and the mercenaries hired but now there was only a small garrison of professionals in there. Fools, he thought. They would be easy prey for his Black Band forces which were now beginning the war all along the border. Only two hours before had the envoy with the official declaration of war passed by them so they could be sure that the garrison was not yet warned or prepared. Like lightning would the Black Band strike, opening the paths for the Anselmian army.

And what did this one particular fortress control? Oh, it controlled the entrance to the contested Peninsula upon which both Anselmians and Calarians had spent the last years arguing to whom it should belong. Taking this castle would make the Calarian forces there dependent supplies and reinforcements by the sea while enabling the Anselmians to reinforce per land which could ultimately be done in greater quantities. The small host he led, several thousand experienced and fierce mercenaries strong should be more than enough to take the fortress from it's unaware occupants.

Without even turning around he said to his adjutant and the actual commander of the force if Haegler should leave to take command over other forces, Commander Rudolf Schur who was sitting on his own horse not too far behind Haegler in the forest they were hiding in:

"Start the attack."

Schur complied and rode back to the troops who had stayed ready further down in the forest. They had initially marched on the roads but with nightfall they had gone off the road and into the forests to keep their own advance secret. Of course the Calarians were no fools so there was a large strip of land with no trees or forests around to avoid attackers being able to sneak right up to the castle's walls but Haegler didn't care about such a minor tactical issue. Strategically, there was still enough forest. Horns were suddenly blown behind him and as he looked up into the sky, he could see fiery comets flying over his head and towards the castle. They seemed so slow but he knew that they ere very fast and their impacts would be devastating

Small bands of light cavalry broke out of the forests and started riding towards castle Penderiffa. Well, not exactly towards as they soon parted, staying out of the range of their arrows and circled around the castle. It was clear what their purpose was. None should escape. There should be no information about the fall of this fortress trickling back to the Calarian command so that the overall lack of information of what was happening as well as rumours would plunge Calaria into Chaos.

And while the Cavarly was circling the fortress in respectable distance, the infantry appeared from the shadows of the forest. With the projectiles of their artillery flying above their heads with burning tails, they were being illuminated every now then for the Calarian defenders. Thousands of the mercenaries, clad in black and red were storming towards the fortress, carrying assault ladders built only shortly prior in the woods they had been hiding in. The calarian garrison quicly focused on this very immediate thread to them. Horns were blaring commanders sending their forces upon the walls and yet it was already clear, they were too few. Braziers were being lit on the castle walls and the archers quickly set their arrows aflame before sending out a volley. This initial volley was not too effective though. The mercenaries were well spread out, knowing that huddling masses were easy prey for archers and also being protected by the darkness of the knight, making aiming difficult. But that was why the Calarians fired at them with fire arrows. For they would not just go out again and lit up the fields before the fortress, making every volley deadlier than the one before.

The mercenaries weren't too well armoured, sacrificing much of that in favour for a higher mobility to cross the no man's land and get right up to the walls. Assault ladders were put against the walls and the first started climbing, knives in their mouths and axes, sword and maces in their hands. Archers and crossbowmen were supporting them from the ground, picking their targets on the well lit coping of the walls. Casualties were starting to rise on both sides. And yet, the Calarians were still holding. Ladders were falling back down, mercenaries thrown of the walls volley after volley of flaiming arrows rained down upon them. But as they were focused on the walls, barely able to hold them from the attacking mercenaries who were coming again and again with ladders or grappling hooks, they missed a group of men clad in dark robesmoving towards the gate, followed by another man on his horse. Mercenaries were around them with large shields to protect them from enemy fire but they did not need to worry about it.

It was a group of Black Band mages which was advancing towards the gate, with the sole focus of breaking it down. And of course Haegler was following them, intent on claiming the castle for Anselm. But the Calarians got lucky, some lightly wounded warrior noticed them advancing towards the gate and notified his comrades. The commander of the fortress sent as many of his men as he could spare and they quickly manned one of the wall mounted artillery pieces, loading it with flaming ammunition before firing the catapult. The flaming projectile didn't hit though, sending flames all over an area behind the group. It was the cue for the mages to stop getting closer and start with their spell lest they wanted to get hit by the catapult before managing to fulfull their purpose.

The mages started with their incantations, lifting their hands in front of them as they did so. At first red magic circles appeared before all of them but the longer they spoke, the more the circles grew together into one large magic circle. A small fiery red orb appeareda at the center of the circle, quickly growing in size. The Calarians at the catapult knew that this would be terrible for them if they managed to finish their spell and so they fired yet again, this time scoring a hit at the side of the formation, setting mages and mercenaries alike on fire. And as they ran around screaming and trying to put out the flames, the magical circle was reduced in size. But only temporary after Haegler shouted at the mages, threatening them with death by gangrene should they not finish this spell soon. And so the magical circle grew again, the mage's giving it everything they had, more than was healthy for them. Some were already coughing up blood onto their robes but they still managed to finish, just in the same moment as another flaming projectile hit the center of their formation.

A massive beam of fire was directed directly at the gate, plowing through it with ease, continuing all the way to the gate of the central stronghold, even tearing through that without issue before finally being consumed by the cold stone walls of the stronghold. It had burned through wood, melted metal and turned human flesh into ash. And while before the gates a fire was raging unchecked and mages and other soldiers being set a aflame, a single rider came riding through the gate. And behind him, in front of the fire only visible as shadows, were hundreds of mercenaries going for the gate.

The Castle fell within minutes, the defenders putting up a valiant defense but in the end they surrendered. They were sitting there near the well, their commander who had ordered the surrender with them. They were guarded by some mercenaries while the mercs were busy plundering the fortress for anything of worth.

Haegler looked at the scene with a feeling of...happiness? Yes, definitely. He had loved the thrill of the attack, the bloodcurdling screams of the dying and the sound of weaons hitting each other. He had loved the disgustingly sweet smell of burnt human flesh. And now the remainder of the garrison, barely twenty men, were at his mercy. This was too good to be true. Walking up to them, he asked one of the guards while looking into their defeated yet also happy faces. They believed that it was now over, that they had successfully survived the battle. How wrong they were.

"Say, why are the these bodies not with the other bodies?"

Shortly after the castle had fallen he had tasked some men with collecting the bodies of the defenders and throw them onto some carts. He planned to send them to Lisbeth for further practical experiments. On the soldier's face appeared a dirty grin before he saluted and said:

"It will be done!"

He helped one of the Calarian prisoners up and led him over to the carts filled with bodies. The Calarian was clearly frightened and the fact that most of the mercenaries had stopped their business and were now jeering at them as if there was some spectacle coming up didn't help. But maybe he was only to do forced labour, push the carts? This hopeful imagination was destroyed when the mercenary rammed his spear into the Calarian and heaved his dead body onto the cart. Once they saw this, the remaining Calarians suddenly jumped to their feet, trying to escape, crying , begging but the mercenaries were without mercy and slaughtered one of them after another. The former commander of the fortress jumped at Haegler, holding him by his collar while shouting into his face:

"Why!?! You can't do this! You-"

He didn't get further as suddenly Dietrich's knife was buried in his chest. Staggering back, he could only look up in disbelief at Dietrich. It seemed like the massacer was reflected in his eyes and a mad laughter rose from his throat as he said:

"Ehehe Ehehehehehehe Why? For war, war eternal and the terror in it's wake. Muhahaahhahaaaaa!"

The commander coughed up blood befor falling onto his face, his last breathed words being:

"You monster will pay..."
Last edited by Remnants of Exilvania on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:15 am

Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

The door was apparently not locked as it swung open with a loud and long creeking sound, revealing a dark hallway leading further into the house. If someone had been up here, then he would have noticed their presence after this sound. And yet, nobody showed up as they made their way deeper and deeper into the dark house. Or maybe they just couldn't see them because it was so dark, because there definitely was this weird feeling of being watched. But they couldn't hear or see anything, an old red carpet muting the sounds of their and others' footsteps.

Finally they reached a room deep in the house that was dimly lit by some candles. It seemed to be some sort of library, bookshelves stacked with old and colourful books lining the walls. The room actually seemed to be in quite good shape. There was no dust on the books nor the floor or the shelves and the candles, although many already almost burnt down, must have been lit only hours ago. Someone had kept this room clean so there definitely was someone living here.

A bloodcurdling scream suddenly rang out from...below? Yes, indeed from below but also from behind one of the book shelves! Secret staircase behind a bookshelf? Yes, indeed. Now, what to do? Try all books untill you found the lever? Or burning down the whole shelf, risking whoever may be torturing or getting tortured behind it to be rather displeased with that?
Mireille liked this house. It was fun and creepy, and she kept expecting ghosts to pop out at her and say 'boo!' Of course, if they did, she'd just make a face and say 'boo' right back, and see how they liked that; but that was beside the point.

The screaming interested her perhaps more than it should have, although it meant that someone was inside the house and that was good. But there was a bookshelf in the way.

She frowned, and pulled out one of the books, opening it. Oh. Right.

She couldn't read.

Tossing the book aside, she started pulling out more, throwing them into a big pile. Once she pulled all the books off, she could just push the shelf, right?

But there were so many.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Mon Oct 09, 2017 11:44 am

In a weird forest somewhere

"I'll.. I'll keep an eye on them..", the Wyzkian girl named Zofia said, as she unsheathed her sword.. really trying to remain calm.. even if the last rays of the sun were slowly disappearing. Night was taking over.."Just..take care.. and please.. find your friend.. before it's too late..." For some reason.. the girl seemed to be really, really afraid of someone.. or something. And Alina was soon going to find out why...

She continued to walk, in the middle of the forest, just as night had finally arrived, bringing its utter darkness with it. The trees were just black trunks, their crowns covering the blueish charcoal sky above them. Even if the moon was out, her silver rays were nowhere to be seen. The trees were dying.. everything around them...the entire forest.. was dying. A cold wind started to howl, blowing a bitter chill towards her, throwing more and more leaves away from the branches of the trees. The ground was damp, filled with the odor of decomposing wood...and with bones. The pink haired girl soon realized that she was walking over the remains of an old battle.. bones, pieces of armor, rusty weapons..masks that had once been white, lying on the ground...many people had died here.. and she was able to feel it, like a deep pain in her chest. This place was bad, evil.. there was no other way to describe it. This was it..

She eventually reached what seemed to be a glade..its ground barren, looking as if it had been burnt in the past..filled and filled with the remains of people long gone. And there he was.. Rafal. The brown haired boy didn't seem to be harmed in any way, even if he was unconscious.. even his sword was still there, in its sheathe. But his hands were tied with a rope made out of a black, murky substance, and he was bound with his back to the trunk of a dying tree. And he wasn't alone..

Surrounding him, in a circle.. mysterious figures, covered in ragged, black robes, their bare bones visible through their holes.. skeletons. Black hoods covering their skulls, and white, horrible, bird-like beak masks covering their faces.. the openings in them revealing their empty orbits. They were dead.. and yet they were not. Dead bodies, bound through foul magic to a sorcerer's will..were they? There was no one else around them.. but when Alina entered the glade.. they all turned around, as if looking at her. They had once been mages, but now in death, they were armed with rusty spears and swords..some of them threw their lances at her without mercy, while the others started to run towards her...she had to die. Death ruled this place.. both of them had to die. The living had nothing to here..but to suffer at the hands of the wrath and the envy of the dead..

Arzalask

The battle was over. The Orcish horde had been defeated, and had been forced to retreat..even if some sporadic fighting was still being done inside the fortress itself, as the remaining White Guard forces there were finishing up the last of the Orcs inside the city. The mounted archers and the light cavalry of Alexander, a small but fast force, had been sent to hunt the routing Orcs, just like Arthur's attack, to kill as many of the routing monsters as possible, but of course, with a lot more caution. The Velikiyan forces there were to follow the Orcs, and to kill as many of them from afar, but mostly, they were there just to make sure that the Orcs were indeed retreating to their steppes, before returning. This was a great victory for the Velikiyans. The White Guard had of course, suffered the most losses, with most of their forces inside the city having been eradicated..but the combined attack of the forces of Prince Alexander and Prince Adi had managed to attack the Orcs on both their flanks, right when their attention had been focused on the city itself. The surprised attack, and especially, the cavalry charges had cut deeply within the Orcish lines, while the mages and arches of Alexander, and the mages and golems of Adi had both caused their enemies tremendous losses - all for the price of a few hundred dead people on both of their sides. But while for their forces, this had been a great victory.. it was clearly a Pyrrhic one for Velikiya as a whole. If it hoped to be able to continue its fight against the Orcish menace.. something had to be done.

Under the black flag, with its pure white sun, a messenger was sent to Prince Adi, asking for him and Prince Arthur to meet with Prince Alexander in the middle of the battlefield, between their two forces. And that's where Alexander was waiting for them, surrounded by some of his Knights of the Black Sun, in their silver armors and white uniforms, with both Velikiya's white-black and his own inversed, black-white flag waving behind him, held in the air on top of lances. Alexander was wearing the armor and uniform of a Grand Master of the Order of the Black Sun, but without the helmet, revealing his long and somewhat messy black hair, and his pale skin. He looked slightly like his now dead cousin, but while his presence was not on the same level as the appearance of hero-knights like Arthur.. he was still impressive, the stern look of his sickly, yellowish eyes imposing respect. And as such.. he waited.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 12:26 pm

Evil.

She could feel it, a pain somewhere far within her. It was familiar, too familiar. Evil so heavy in the air that each breath was like sucking darkness into her lungs, until it was inside, outside, all around, until there was nothing there except the darkness and the pain, so much darkness that no one could ever clear it away, no one, no matter what she did there was no way out--

These are the ways she tries to escape:

Feigning compliance and docility and brokenness long enough for them to let their guard down.

Begging those who have lost themselves to remember who they were before, to regain their humanity.

Praying, constantly, until every moment that she doesn't spend asleep or being used is filled with desperate pleas for something, anything, even death, so long as it takes her away from this awful place.

Pretending to have fallen for one of them, telling them that she can't bear being touched by anyone else, pleading with them to run away with her so that they can live happily together.

Offering the more possessive ones complete ownership of her body if only they will leave with her.

Trying to infuriate one of them so that they'll kill her before they realize what they're doing.

Trying to claw her own wounds open over and over again so that she bleeds to death.

Lying there, closing her eyes and just trying to pretend she doesn't exist.

This is what finally succeeds:

She shuddered violently, shaking her head as she tried once again to stop thinking about it. It was hard--almost impossible. There was too much darkness in the air around her, pressing in on her and making her remember the last time she was surrounded by so much pure evil.

Her eyes fell, and she shivered again, trying not to cry. No matter what Rafal or anyone else said, she wasn't free of that place, not really. Not when she could still feel them, constantly, tireless and insatiable. Not when the things they'd done to her still ached like open wounds, never healing.

She knew it had only been a few days since her rescue, but sometimes it felt like forever--and sometimes as if only a moment ago she'd still been there, crying and trying to feel anything other than what they wanted her to feel. And even though she hadn't truly been with them for that long, those hours stretched on forever, for eternity.

It was so hard to stop thinking about it.

For a little while, at least, she was spared from further painful thoughts by the sight of Rafal, tied to a tree, and surrounded by awful creatures that were no longer human.

"Leave him alone," she shouted, for a moment forgetting herself--and they turned to her. Some of them threw weapons at her, but the others--they started to move, they started to come closer--

"Stay back, stay back," she shrieked, terrified, and in that moment it became rather clear that attacking her, frightening her, in the middle of a forest--even one as burned and destroyed as this one--was a rather poor choice on their part.

The ground cracked, and the trees surrounding her shook, roots tearing through the ground beneath the figures, throwing them into the air. As this occurred, the tree Rafal was tied to split in two, branches ripping the strange rope that bound him, freeing him, and Alina simply took a step back, shocked.

She hadn't done that. Had she?

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Wed Oct 11, 2017 6:01 am

Anselm
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

One of the books she so mindlessly pulled out of the shelf and threw away seemed to be a little harder to pull out. But nothing she couldn't solve, right? Well, an energic second pull was all that was needed for the book to suddenly come loose with a twang. It was no book. Just an imitation of a book. And where Mireille had ripped it out of the shelf, a metallic spring was visible, which did vanish in a small hole in the shelf. Whatever Mireille just did, she probably just broke it.

But eh, just for this time it still worked so, lucky Mireille I guess? The sound of machinery working behind the shelf could be heard before it moved back a little by itself before simply lowering itself into the ground, revealing a very narrow passage made of stone, leading deeper into the basement of the manor. Candleholders supplied with candles lighted the passage with a dim light. But next thing that came was the smell, coming up from below, almost overwhelming them. It was a stench of rotting flesh, blood, mold and all sorts of creepy basement odors.

The screams they had heard before had stopped though.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:24 am

Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

One of the books she so mindlessly pulled out of the shelf and threw away seemed to be a little harder to pull out. But nothing she couldn't solve, right? Well, an energic second pull was all that was needed for the book to suddenly come loose with a twang. It was no book. Just an imitation of a book. And where Mireille had ripped it out of the shelf, a metallic spring was visible, which did vanish in a small hole in the shelf. Whatever Mireille just did, she probably just broke it.

But eh, just for this time it still worked so, lucky Mireille I guess? The sound of machinery working behind the shelf could be heard before it moved back a little by itself before simply lowering itself into the ground, revealing a very narrow passage made of stone, leading deeper into the basement of the manor. Candleholders supplied with candles lighted the passage with a dim light. But next thing that came was the smell, coming up from below, almost overwhelming them. It was a stench of rotting flesh, blood, mold and all sorts of creepy basement odors.

Okay, that was cool. Mireille wasn't entirely sure what all had just happened, but the bookshelf had disappeared, and there was a secret passage and candles and--

Her face contorted in disgust as the smell registered with her, but she held her breath and blocked it out. "Come on, Jermee," she said, for a moment allowing herself to breathe, and frowned again. It smelled terrible. She grabbed Jermee's hand and started pulling him down. "Hey!" she shouted. "Hello! You didn't let us in yourself, that's kinda rude I think! You're down here, right?"

Acruan
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 23, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Acruan » Wed Oct 11, 2017 11:23 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Arzalask

The battle was over. The Orcish horde had been defeated, and had been forced to retreat..even if some sporadic fighting was still being done inside the fortress itself, as the remaining White Guard forces there were finishing up the last of the Orcs inside the city. The mounted archers and the light cavalry of Alexander, a small but fast force, had been sent to hunt the routing Orcs, just like Arthur's attack, to kill as many of the routing monsters as possible, but of course, with a lot more caution. The Velikiyan forces there were to follow the Orcs, and to kill as many of them from afar, but mostly, they were there just to make sure that the Orcs were indeed retreating to their steppes, before returning. This was a great victory for the Velikiyans. The White Guard had of course, suffered the most losses, with most of their forces inside the city having been eradicated..but the combined attack of the forces of Prince Alexander and Prince Adi had managed to attack the Orcs on both their flanks, right when their attention had been focused on the city itself. The surprised attack, and especially, the cavalry charges had cut deeply within the Orcish lines, while the mages and arches of Alexander, and the mages and golems of Adi had both caused their enemies tremendous losses - all for the price of a few hundred dead people on both of their sides. But while for their forces, this had been a great victory.. it was clearly a Pyrrhic one for Velikiya as a whole. If it hoped to be able to continue its fight against the Orcish menace.. something had to be done.

Under the black flag, with its pure white sun, a messenger was sent to Prince Adi, asking for him and Prince Arthur to meet with Prince Alexander in the middle of the battlefield, between their two forces. And that's where Alexander was waiting for them, surrounded by some of his Knights of the Black Sun, in their silver armors and white uniforms, with both Velikiya's white-black and his own inversed, black-white flag waving behind him, held in the air on top of lances. Alexander was wearing the armor and uniform of a Grand Master of the Order of the Black Sun, but without the helmet, revealing his long and somewhat messy black hair, and his pale skin. He looked slightly like his now dead cousin, but while his presence was not on the same level as the appearance of hero-knights like Arthur.. he was still impressive, the stern look of his sickly, yellowish eyes imposing respect. And as such.. he waited.

From Prince Adi's side of the forces came a man with a sickly almost gray skin. He wore gold-trimmed black robes, hoodlessly for reasons. It was the commander of Prince Adi's Army, Archene. Following behind him was a small assorted group of knights and mages, wearing black and white uniforms. Prominently, one of the knights was carrying Prince's Adi faction flag, a gray sun in between in between a sea of black and white perfectly parting in the middle. It was the flag of the Gray Sun of the West.

While nothing can be said in regards to Prince Arthur, as he had the freedom to move and command freely. Archene was soon in the middle of the battlefield, standing a number of steps away from Prince Alexander, greeting him with a formal, albeit light, bow, appropriate enough for a Prince of Velikiya. "Greetings, Prince Alexander. I am here, representing Prince Adi, today. And in his name, I thank you for cooperating in order to remove enemies of Velikiya."

Zapatha
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 28, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Zapatha » Wed Oct 11, 2017 3:05 pm

Prince Arthur was making his way to where Prince Alexander and Archene were standing, removing his helmet to converse with the two of them and sheathing his holy sword.

With the battle over, Arthur first had his commanders report the losses in his army which numbered arond 1,000 infantrymen and 200 cavalrymen with more injured. It was a glorious day for Velikiya, and Arthur muttered a silent prayer of thanks to Aurora for lending her strength in battle.

"Greetings friend, it is good to see you once more, however under bleak circumstances." he said to Archene.

Looking towards Alexander, Arthur had a much more monotone tone to his voice when he said:

"Thank you for your assistance Prinz Alexander, I have to say I have never seen an orcish horde of this magnitude in my lifetime and hope never to again. However, we have matters of state to discuss which I believe is more suited not on a battlefield littered with corpses."

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:21 pm

In a spooky forest somewhere

Despite their initial advantage.. it really seemed that the idea of attacking Alina in the middle of a forest had been a really, really bad one.. even if the forest was dying.. it was well, still a forest. Which gave her a huge advantage.. because of her unique magical powers. And to say the truth, even if they were really easy to make.. undead skeletons weren't exactly powerful. Without defensive spells being placed on them.. they were just walking bones. The ground was broken open, and roots tore through it, throwing the undead beings high into the air, splitting the tree the green eyed boy was tied to into two, branches ripping the rope that tied him.. and the boy fell on the ground...

And the impact seemed to have woken him up. Rafal slowly opened his eyes, looking around him in confusion.. but he seemed to be too weakened to even try to stand back up. "Alina?..", he tried to say, in a feeble voice...but soon, his vague attempts to speak were interrupted by the sound of war horns...tearing through the woods behind her. Turning around, the pink haired girl was able to see them. Skeletal knights in the distance, visible between the trees, wearing rusty armors that had once been silver, ragged tunics that had once been crimson and white, corroded lances and swords, broken shields, and dented helmets that covered their empty skull.. and waving in the wind, rolled around their spears, tattered flags. They rushed forward, charging at full speed.. but not at her. Both Alina and Rafal were in their way, and they did not care.. but their enemies were on the other side of the glade. From the darkness they appeared, skeletal figures, wearing torn black robes, just like before, horrible white masks..magical circles appeared, bows of black energy in their dead hands, and they fired, waves and waves of burning arrows..so many that they covered the sky above them. Tormented souls, forced to relieve the same battle, again and again, in death just as in life...

And Alina and Rafal were right in the middle of it.. between the charge of the undead paladins, and the deadly attack of the fiendish mages, with arrows falling upon them..

Arys, in the past, during the War of the Six Realms

Katia was quick to react. Even if she was too weakened to properly fight..she moved quickly, using some magic to jump, as she landed on the ground, next to her wounded brother. The white haired girl helped the silver eyed boy up, before the two of them jumped again, managing to reach one of the higher rooftops.. just as Leide managed to flood pretty much the entire lower part of the city. The screams and the shouts of the people and the soldiers were heard, but luckily, the water wasn't high enough to kill anyone.. hopefully. Still, the sheer force with which it was flooding the city was a force to be reckoned with.. and Teacher wasted no time for her response. Sloth snapped her fingers, and the ground beneath them started to shake. In a marvelous example of earth elemental magic, Sloth broke the ground, raising dams of stone and mud from it, blocking the larger streets of the city, stopping the water, pushing it back, creating a semicircular wall of earth around the flood.. saving the rest of the lower Arys from the flood. But, since the water had nowhere else to go.. it was clear that its level was going to rise. Coughing blood, the mage quickly moved on to the next spell, creating several burning crimson magical circles around..throwing tornadoes of pure fire out of them, forcing the water to evaporate, fighting directly against Leide's magic. The sheer heat of it started to push the boy's water back..and the steam created by it covered the place. Leide was incapable of seeing anything.. and before he was able to react, Teacher appeared in front of him, and a ball of that blood that she had stolen earlier hit him at full force, throwing him in the air.. making him crash into the water a few meters away. The boy mage tried to stand up, to react, to fight back.. but he was just.. so..so tired... and just as Teacher was preparing her next spell.. Leide fell asleep...falling into the water...

When he finally woke up.. it was night. He was tied to a tree, from the looks of it, his hands bound with some sort of a rope that he was unable to see...he was in a forest, that at least was clear. And he was able to feel the cold metal of a sword right to its throat.. and holding the sword, right in front of him..was a girl he knew all too well.. with a long and messy white hair, with a pale skin, and with ashen gray eyes. But unlike.. just a few moments ago, for him..or, technically, just a few years ago.. this Katia.. was certainly Wrath. There was no doubt about it. She was wearing the black robes of the Cult of Sins..and the expression on her otherwise beautiful face was one of pure, burning hate. Her hand was there though.. dark healing magic, despite its many disadvantages, was quite efficient.

"What a surprise..I would have never imagined that I would be able to catch you so soon after our little fight.. to meet the same idiotic mage from earlier over here...this is a pretty satisfying situation..", Wrath told him, pushing the blade of her sword a little bit.. just enough as to cut his throat a little bit.. just enough for a little blood to start dripping. "Now tell me, little brave mage.. how should I punish you? You know..it hurt.. what you did to me hurt so much..having your hand blown up isn't exactly a nice feeling.. would you want me to repay you the favor? Or should I take it one step further.. how would you feel if I were to cut off your limbs, one by one? Wouldn't that be really, really fun?..", the girl asked.. licking her lips in excitement.

Wyzkia

"So, you were a Duke..from our Kingdom..", the Princess said, in an even weaker voice.. as a crimson stain slowly started to blossom on the dark blue tunic over her armor. "But even then.. you don't have to.. you don't have.." Alexis remained quiet, breathing heavily. Meanwhile, the witch just.. sighed. "Well, you wouldn't have to walk away on your own. We are always keen on hiring the help of those good enough to fight with us..and helping us accomplish our objective would earn you more than just a duty and the gratitude of a realm that will no longer exist..and trust me, we are not the hunted. We will soon enough become the hunters.. and all those who have dared to fight against us and the one we serve will pay, in rivers of blood for it. But it seems that your sense of morality and honor is much stronger than you would like to admit.. that's such a shame.." The black eyed woman sighed again. "Unfortunately, I can't say that I am going to agree with your proposal.. we will fight, of course.. but you will be killed.. and you will be cursed to serve our cause as an undead abomination.. how does that sound, proud knight? I will defeat you, and I will take your princess away... just try to stop me..."

Without wasting any time, the woman released the two arrows of black magic, both of them aimed directly at Eric's eyes. And before he was even able to properly react, the with stepped back.. and behind her, the dark mages just watched..it was obvious. The inhuman witch wanted to fight this as fairly as possible, of course, from the point of view of a fiendish black mage..just her against him.. even if she had clearly had the advantage. "Powers of creation, pay heed, and turn all of life into ashes and darkness!", the white haired mage shouted, as she pulled back the bow's string again..and three arrows of black energy, burning in a fiery red fire appeared..and the witch released them..directly at the knight.

What a wonderful battle..

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:58 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:In a spooky forest somewhere

Despite their initial advantage.. it really seemed that the idea of attacking Alina in the middle of a forest had been a really, really bad one.. even if the forest was dying.. it was well, still a forest. Which gave her a huge advantage.. because of her unique magical powers. And to say the truth, even if they were really easy to make.. undead skeletons weren't exactly powerful. Without defensive spells being placed on them.. they were just walking bones. The ground was broken open, and roots tore through it, throwing the undead beings high into the air, splitting the tree the green eyed boy was tied to into two, branches ripping the rope that tied him.. and the boy fell on the ground...

And the impact seemed to have woken him up. Rafal slowly opened his eyes, looking around him in confusion.. but he seemed to be too weakened to even try to stand back up. "Alina?..", he tried to say, in a feeble voice...but soon, his vague attempts to speak were interrupted by the sound of war horns...tearing through the woods behind her. Turning around, the pink haired girl was able to see them. Skeletal knights in the distance, visible between the trees, wearing rusty armors that had once been silver, ragged tunics that had once been crimson and white, corroded lances and swords, broken shields, and dented helmets that covered their empty skull.. and waving in the wind, rolled around their spears, tattered flags. They rushed forward, charging at full speed.. but not at her. Both Alina and Rafal were in their way, and they did not care.. but their enemies were on the other side of the glade. From the darkness they appeared, skeletal figures, wearing torn black robes, just like before, horrible white masks..magical circles appeared, bows of black energy in their dead hands, and they fired, waves and waves of burning arrows..so many that they covered the sky above them. Tormented souls, forced to relieve the same battle, again and again, in death just as in life...

And Alina and Rafal were right in the middle of it.. between the charge of the undead paladins, and the deadly attack of the fiendish mages, with arrows falling upon them..
Her eyes were frighteningly blank, and she continued to stare at the approaching beings, the forest still shifting and moving around the two, the trees shielding them, dying branches weaving together in an intricate latticework barrier. Arrows lodged harmlessly in the wood, though pain was visible on Alina's face with each strike, and the two sides were left to fight their battle alone, not affecting the two previously caught in the middle.

"Are you all right?" she finally said quietly, trying to help Rafal up. "We should get out of here... If I have to use much more magic, it's going to start affecting me..."

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:41 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Wyzkia

"So, you were a Duke..from our Kingdom..", the Princess said, in an even weaker voice.. as a crimson stain slowly started to blossom on the dark blue tunic over her armor. "But even then.. you don't have to.. you don't have.." Alexis remained quiet, breathing heavily. Meanwhile, the witch just.. sighed. "Well, you wouldn't have to walk away on your own. We are always keen on hiring the help of those good enough to fight with us..and helping us accomplish our objective would earn you more than just a duty and the gratitude of a realm that will no longer exist..and trust me, we are not the hunted. We will soon enough become the hunters.. and all those who have dared to fight against us and the one we serve will pay, in rivers of blood for it. But it seems that your sense of morality and honor is much stronger than you would like to admit.. that's such a shame.." The black eyed woman sighed again. "Unfortunately, I can't say that I am going to agree with your proposal.. we will fight, of course.. but you will be killed.. and you will be cursed to serve our cause as an undead abomination.. how does that sound, proud knight? I will defeat you, and I will take your princess away... just try to stop me..."

Without wasting any time, the woman released the two arrows of black magic, both of them aimed directly at Eric's eyes. And before he was even able to properly react, the with stepped back.. and behind her, the dark mages just watched..it was obvious. The inhuman witch wanted to fight this as fairly as possible, of course, from the point of view of a fiendish black mage..just her against him.. even if she had clearly had the advantage. "Powers of creation, pay heed, and turn all of life into ashes and darkness!", the white haired mage shouted, as she pulled back the bow's string again..and three arrows of black energy, burning in a fiery red fire appeared..and the witch released them..directly at the knight.

What a wonderful battle..

Eric Roch du Haute-Bellegard

"Oh, I expected so... But I doubt you would turn me into an undead abomination. Because, well, first I'd have to be dead, and back in the day, I used to organize divorces between necks and heads of people like you. Now, let's do it."

Her chant gave away that it was a spell to kill, not intended to be a simple intimidation move. In the ground, he could see a shield, and even if he wasn't equally skilled in the art of the sword and shield as he was skilled using only his sword. But, against someone that used range tactics, you had to use something to shorten the distance. With a swift move, he picked up the shield and imbued it with his magic, effectively blocking the arrows while he went forward.

Soon as he felt the last arrow hit his improvised protection, he threw away the shield, and went for a small cut in her torso, right before he positioned himself at her back, going for a precise sword near her neck...
Nothing to see here, move along.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Arys, in the past, during the War of the Six Realms

Katia was quick to react. Even if she was too weakened to properly fight..she moved quickly, using some magic to jump, as she landed on the ground, next to her wounded brother. The white haired girl helped the silver eyed boy up, before the two of them jumped again, managing to reach one of the higher rooftops.. just as Leide managed to flood pretty much the entire lower part of the city. The screams and the shouts of the people and the soldiers were heard, but luckily, the water wasn't high enough to kill anyone.. hopefully. Still, the sheer force with which it was flooding the city was a force to be reckoned with.. and Teacher wasted no time for her response. Sloth snapped her fingers, and the ground beneath them started to shake. In a marvelous example of earth elemental magic, Sloth broke the ground, raising dams of stone and mud from it, blocking the larger streets of the city, stopping the water, pushing it back, creating a semicircular wall of earth around the flood.. saving the rest of the lower Arys from the flood. But, since the water had nowhere else to go.. it was clear that its level was going to rise. Coughing blood, the mage quickly moved on to the next spell, creating several burning crimson magical circles around..throwing tornadoes of pure fire out of them, forcing the water to evaporate, fighting directly against Leide's magic. The sheer heat of it started to push the boy's water back..and the steam created by it covered the place. Leide was incapable of seeing anything.. and before he was able to react, Teacher appeared in front of him, and a ball of that blood that she had stolen earlier hit him at full force, throwing him in the air.. making him crash into the water a few meters away. The boy mage tried to stand up, to react, to fight back.. but he was just.. so..so tired... and just as Teacher was preparing her next spell.. Leide fell asleep...falling into the water...

When he finally woke up.. it was night. He was tied to a tree, from the looks of it, his hands bound with some sort of a rope that he was unable to see...he was in a forest, that at least was clear. And he was able to feel the cold metal of a sword right to its throat.. and holding the sword, right in front of him..was a girl he knew all too well.. with a long and messy white hair, with a pale skin, and with ashen gray eyes. But unlike.. just a few moments ago, for him..or, technically, just a few years ago.. this Katia.. was certainly Wrath. There was no doubt about it. She was wearing the black robes of the Cult of Sins..and the expression on her otherwise beautiful face was one of pure, burning hate. Her hand was there though.. dark healing magic, despite its many disadvantages, was quite efficient.

"What a surprise..I would have never imagined that I would be able to catch you so soon after our little fight.. to meet the same idiotic mage from earlier over here...this is a pretty satisfying situation..", Wrath told him, pushing the blade of her sword a little bit.. just enough as to cut his throat a little bit.. just enough for a little blood to start dripping. "Now tell me, little brave mage.. how should I punish you? You know..it hurt.. what you did to me hurt so much..having your hand blown up isn't exactly a nice feeling.. would you want me to repay you the favor? Or should I take it one step further.. how would you feel if I were to cut off your limbs, one by one? Wouldn't that be really, really fun?..", the girl asked.. licking her lips in excitement.

"Oh, hey Katia!" Leide said with a grin, as his sleep addled mind tried to properly reboot itself. It took a few moments for him to realise the this wasn't actually Katia, causing his eyes to widen slightly.

He was back in his original time.

Still, it was only a moment before his eyes returned to normal, the grin never having vanished from his face.

"Oh, sorry, I thought I was still back at the siege for a second. You're Wrath again, aren't you?" He asked. "I guess I wasn't able to save you back then, huh? Oh well. That just means I need to save you here, right?"

He ignored the twinge of pain from the sword, which cut slightly into his neck. She'd clearly gone through more in their last fight...

Well, their last fight chronologically.

"Um, yeah, sorry about that." He said, giving a small, embarrassed laugh-sigh when she brought up what he did to her hand. "I don't really remember doing it all too well, but I had to stop you from killing all those people somehow, right?"

He sighed again when she mentioned cutting off all his limbs.

"I guess I can see where you're coming from, but I'd really prefer if you didn't." He said, before grinning even wider than before. "I've promised both versions of you now that I'd save you, which'll be kind of difficult without arms or legs. I even saw who you were before all this! Sure, you tried to kill me back then too, but I'm pretty sure you warned up to me eventually!"

He looked down in thought for a moment. Now that he thought about it properly, how could he help her escape the cults influence? They were pretty powerful. Hell, they had to be if they were able to brainwash someone as strong willed as Katia!

They even got Teacher to put effort into something, maybe even without bribing her with alcohol!

Actually, that was a little too crazy... Alcohol must have been involved somehow...

Wait, no, he'd just answered his own question! He was a genius!

"Hey! You don't really like having all your anger issues, right?" He asked, grinning obliviously at whatever reaction a comment like that would garner. "You should come with me to see Teacher! She'll know how to bring out the old Katia, while still preserving the stuff that makes you great in the process!"

He scratched his chin in thought, accidentally revealing that he'd cut through the ropes tying his hands behind his back with water he'd stealthily siphoned from the tree.

"Actually, you might probably remember her." He said. "She was Sloth back when you were first... recruited. We all fought in Arys, remember?"

And then the ropes that were tying him to the tree itself fell around him, causing to look around at them sheepishly. After realising he's given himself away, he looked back to Wrath, letting out a nervous laugh.

"Heh heh, oops."

Charlia wrote:
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

Okay, that was cool. Mireille wasn't entirely sure what all had just happened, but the bookshelf had disappeared, and there was a secret passage and candles and--

Her face contorted in disgust as the smell registered with her, but she held her breath and blocked it out. "Come on, Jermee," she said, for a moment allowing herself to breathe, and frowned again. It smelled terrible. She grabbed Jermee's hand and started pulling him down. "Hey!" she shouted. "Hello! You didn't let us in yourself, that's kinda rude I think! You're down here, right?"

As they entered the building, Jeremy took the time to simply take in the room the two were currently standing in.

"You know, I was nervous enough when the only clue we had about this person was that you and her would probably get along, but all these Transylvania parallels are kind of pushing me further towards the edge than anything I've ever seen in my entire goddamn life. That's including the hundred guys I killed with a table."

For some reason, this general demeanour didn't really change much when Mireille triggered the standard 'fake bookshelf door' to open, letting loose the smells of what was one hundred percent a murder dungeon, best case scenario. Hell, even Barbatos seemed unnerved by the place, having barely spoken the entire time.

The fact that Miri herself seemed put off by the smell didn't do a whole lot to help, surprisingly enough.

And then she grabbed his hand, pulling him along with her down into the depths of what was probably Hell itself.

Wow, he was getting real cynical lately, wasn't he? Why hadn't he noticed that yet.

"When did I get like this?" He asked, almost sounding more disturbed by his pessimism than the disgusting odours he was breathing in without bother. "I used to be the wacky, funny optimist. What am I doing playing the straight man? I'm a Gintoki, not a Kyon. This world is clearly getting to me way too much. I need to step up my game, be crazier than the people around me."

As he mumbled this, he looked down to Mireille.

"Tough goal, but hey, the ones worth achieving usually are, right?"

And then he began to walk faster, to the point where he was pretty much pulling Mireille ahead instead of the opposite.

"Alright, lets go, Miri!" He said, a grin on his face as he turned back to face the little monster. "Your new friend is clearly waiting for us to make the first move, so lets do it in style! CAVALRY MODE ACTIVATE!"

He then lifted her up, placing her on one of his shoulders, and began running down the stairs.

"Oh, I guess partners going insane too..." Barbatos said quietly, as they moved down the stairway at breakneck speeds.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:26 am

Anselm
Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

You know that it is bad running down stairs in a dark passage into a wet dungion? Well, Jeremy either hadn't cared about it anymore or it was simply a small oversight. And so it was no miracle that his foot slipped on one of the increasingly wet stairs...and he fell backwards...and of course had no hands free to save himself...

What he did have though was a really nice cushion that saved him from suffering a fatal wound on the back of his head when falling onto the stone stairs. Problem was, that cushion was Mireille. So, not only had he just basically slammed her onto stone stairs with her back and head, but also thrown himself onto pelvis with full force. Autsch, that was surely going to hurt. And once Mireille was back up, Jeremy would probably get to feel just how much that hurt.
(Totally not godmodded version: Mireille though managed to open her wings quickly enough, which apparently also were strong enough to keep her in the air as well as Jeremy's upper body, preventing them from painfully falling onto the stone. Still though, that sudden near accident should've made them a little more cautious.)

Anyway, they eventually made it to the end of the neverending staircase. The stench had gotten worse the deeper they had come and now they surely were in the very centre of this putrid smell. And the dim light of the few candles revealed what it was that caused this smell.

In the centre of the room they had entered, very well illuminated by a crapton of candles, was what seemed to be a wooden table, complete with all sorts of metal and leather restraints. The wood was soaked in blood and pools of it were all around the table. Just like an arm and a leg that were just lying in a small box next to the table, as if they had been thrown away into some trashbin. But most importantly, the table was empty, the restraints open. A little bit further there was yet another blood table, blood gathering below it as well. Luckily, whatever was on that table was obscured by a sheet. But if they got closer to it, they would be able to smell something that shouldn't be smelled here, far away from where the odor originated. Faint, almost completely covered up by all the other gross odors. there was a stench of the sea, of salt water, coming from that table.

Another very interesting feature of this room, although barely visible due to a lack of light, was the fact that, along the walls where the secret passage was that they just came through, there were coat hooks. Well, actually not coat hooks but meathooks. And they were lining the wall in a similar fashion as...well...uh...how these lines of hooks were you can hang your jackets and coats! Anyway, instead of coats, the hooks bore a much more gruesome load. Bodies. Gross, unnatural bodies. They were all there, put onto those hooks, held up the hooks going under their scapulas and keeping them hanging there. Pale abominations, from all of them visible that they had lost their blood long ago. Their bodies covered in stitches, often sporting several arms or legs or even heads. Or when they were equipped with metal blades or claws or whatever weird stuff instead of limbs. There were quite a feew of these Frankensteins hanging there.

And yet, it was not the full horror of this room. For in another part of the room they could see more hanging. Here the hooks were attached to the ceiling and the people hanging down from them seemed to be mostly fine. Again the meathooks were under their scapulas, holding them in their place. The interesting part here was, that below every single one of these hanging people, which looked like completely normal dead people, was a bucket. Yes, a bucket. And well, the normal hanging people weren't that normal afterall, since they were missing both their feet and their hands. Those they could currently not see but there was a pile of hands and feet in one corner of the room.

And yet, no living person showed itself. No movement could be seen.

Calaria
The Border Territories
Castillo de Penderiffa

One week had he now stayed in the occupied fortress and made it the new HQ of the advancing mercenary forces. And news were trickling in from all the advancing hosts about their progress. They were mostly good. Despite the long brewing hostilities between Calaria and Anselm, the speed, efficiency and brutality of Anselm had taken the Calarians by surprise, basically handing over most of the important passes, streets and the castles controlling them. There were still a few pockets of resistance left but they were stranded, alone within a sea of enemies. And the mercenaries were scouring the lands, looting, burning and pillaging just as they always did. A smile passed over Dietrich's face as he thought of the looting and pillaging. Once one of the merchant commanders would arrive, he could go and be with one of the smaller units and join in on the fun as well.

His thoughts were interrupted by yet another envoy entering the fortress gates on horseback, already calling our his name:

"Colonel! Coloneeel!"

Moaning he got up from the catapult he had been sitting on, watching over the surroundings of the fortress, before making his way down from the walls into the courtyard. The courier had a whole bag filled with all kinds of messages it seemed yet there was one he seemed to be very intent on giving him, jumping off his horse the moment he saw him coming down the stairs and hurrying towards him. It made Dietrich wonder, what it was that made this young courier hasten so much.

Panting the man came to a halt right before him, almost shoving the letter he had with him into his face. And now Dietrich knew what was so special about it. It was the family sigil of the Unsterbs, being resplendent right on the top of the letter. Well fuck, he thought. Konstanze had told him that he'd have free reign in the war and that she would not interfere. All she wanted were results. And yet, here was a message from her.

With shaking hands did he take the letter out of the couriers hands. He withdrew his dagger from his sheath, using as a paper knife to open the envelope. Then he quickly took out the letter itself and skimmed it. His face quite literally froze and then he read it again, his eyes frantically following every single line to ensure that he was not dreaming.

His face was reddening, his fingers trembling, crumpling up the pergament where they held it. How dare she alleviate him of his command here!?! Here where the main war was taking place? Here where he could just do whatever he wanted, without fearing any punishment or retaliation from his own allies and people?

And yet, slowly his face returned to normal, his fingers stopped shaking, a grin appearing on his face. So he was to go to Velikiya, yes? Support some of the Princess, yes? He didn't know how the Cult had managed to convince enough Merchants in the High Council to convince Konstanze of this being a great idea, but they had done it. He was to coordinate the efforts of the Anselmian mercenary forces sent to Velikiya. And as much as he despised leaving the immediate action and lack of authority above him that he could enjoy here in Calaria, it was still another war. And he loved war. He wanted it to spread, to envelop the whole known world. It would be so much fun. And since the contingent sent to Velikiya would be relatively small, he would get to enjoy more immediate action again.

A cruel laugh left his lips as he patted the courier on the shoulder before heading down into the courtyard, already calling for his men to saddle his horse, pack some provisions for him and put together an escort. He would not let Konstanze wait.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:15 am

In a spooky forest somewhere

The sounds of the battle raging on around them continued to be vaguely heard from behind of the barrier that surrounded them.. but they were safe. For now. And yet, when Alina tried to help Rafal to stand back up.. he did not seem to be recognizing her.. it was almost as if he hadn't even noticed that someone else was there. The poor green eyed boy continued to look at the lattice of branches, as if he was able to see the brutal fighting behind it...as he was quivering. "Stop them.. please..", he whispered, his voice shaking.. as tears started to well up in his eyes. "There is too many of them.. the arrows.. the fire..it burns.. it's so hot.. it burns...I can't breathe.. we can't breathe..there is too many of them..they're everywhere.. those who fall off from their horses die.. they all die.. we will all die.. but I don't want to die.." Rafal fell back on his knees. "They never told us about all of this.. they told us..that battles are fair..that they're for heroes, that fighting for your realm is honorable..what is honor when you are burning alive?.. What is glory when arrows pierce your flesh?" What is heroic in dying painfully in a forest, only to be forgotten afterwards? And we believed them.. we were stupid enough to believe them...why was I the one to survive? It's not fair.. it's not fair.. there is no one to save us..we're all dead..there is no one listening..there is no one praying..we'll bring shame to our families.. we have to die honorably..but honor means nothing.. when war is unfair..

It was known, that those who die in horrible ways, without being buried.. never find their rest. Their souls would relieve their deaths, again and again, for all eternity..when so many people died, in equally horrible ways, in a single place..the memories of someone who took part in that gruesome event were enough..to bring all that torment forth into reality...

For some reason, Wrath really did not seem to find Leide's weird behavior to be any funny.. and his attempt to cut his ropes and to escape really did seem to annoy her, as she removed her sword from his throat..only to push its tip against his chest, enough to cut through his robes and to leave a really small scratch on his chest. The force with which she was pushing also pushed him back against the three.. but she seemed to be really careful not to injure him in any way. "I have no idea what you're talking about, little wizard..is there something wrong with your head? I mean, I know that you are weird..but I'm really close to starting to believe that there is something wrong in your head. That, or you are trying to mock me in some sort of a way.. in both instances, I should probably just kill you as painfully as possible.." The ashen haired Archbishop of Ira smiled. "I don't know who Katia is, and I don't think that you blowing up my hand qualifies as anything close to saving me..and why would I need you to save me anyway?" The girl smirked. "It's good to know that you are all heroic and stuff.. but I can promise you.. you will never hurt me like that again. You will be the one feeling all the pain.. maybe that would bring you to reality. You've promised both versions of me that you would save me? You've seen who I was before all of this? Are you deranged? There is a single me. I wasn't anything before of this.. I am the Archbishop of Wrath, the slave of Ira. The first time I've ever met you was in that little city we had to do destroy..and I did try to kill you.. but why would I ever warm up to you? You're weird and disgusting.."

Wrath stuck out her tongue at him. "I don't have any anger issues, I am anger, you dumbass! If this is some sort of a weird attempt to make me even more angrier than usual, then it is certainly working, you brainless mage! I don't know who that Teacher is, and if she is just as stupid as you, then I certainly I don't want to see her. And there is nothing to bring out of me.. what sort of a bad joke is this supposed to be, you dimwit? I've never been to Arys, and I know who Sloth is very well. The slave of Acedia before this one died during the War as the filthy traitor it was. What game are you trying to play, you oaf?"

Wyzkia

The inhuman witch was certainly surprised to see Eric react that quickly and that well..after all, she probably just expected him to be a regular knight. Those were generally easy to defeat for her, not only because of her usual strength, but also because of how poorly most knights were prepared to fight against dark magic. But she had forgotten that her form was still weakened, that not all her powers had recovered.. and her cursed attack, that had been so effective back in those gruesome and wonderful days of the War..wasn't as powerful as it had once been. As such, Eric was more than able to block her arrows with his shield..especially since she had also severely underestimated his magical prowess. His speed was also something she had not taken into account, so as soon as her arrows had been blocked, the former knight was already next to her.. too late for her shocked self to be even able to react..and he managed to leave a small cut on the lower part of her torso..her magic stopping most of the force of that slash. But still.. it hurt her. Through the cut in her robe, dark blood was visible, flowing over her ghostly pale skin..but her shock only lasted for a mere moment. Eric positioned himself at her back, trying to hit her neck.. but she reacted quickly, using her bow to parry the hit and to push his sword back. A normal bow, made out of wood, would have been clearly broken by this.. but her magical weapon was more than enough to deflect the sword's blade. Clearly realizing that she was at a disadvantage there, the witch literally jumped back, looking at Eric with her black eyes, just as the other mages tried to intervene. But before they were able to, the woman snapped her fingers..

Eric was unable to see it.. but a magical circle appeared him.. a lethal, offensive spell. The witch was angry now.."Pierce!", the weak and strained voice of Alexis was heard.. and before the Achisian witch was able to finish her spell, a lance of light was thrown at her..but one of her servants jumped in front of it, the lance piercing his chest, killing him instantly.. but saving her. Behind Eric.. Alexis fell on the ground, seemingly unconscious...And yet, the witch didn't seem to be impressed.. she seemed to be just.. annoyed, as she pulled bow's string back again.. and that's when the sounds of the war-horns were heard in the distance. "Oh my..", the white haired witch said in an irritated voice.."It seems that you have managed to save your princess, mongrel. Have fun with her knights..", she said, with a smirk on her face..and then, the Achisians stepped back. Like in an illusion, as soon as they were covered by the shadow behind the trees.. they disappeared.

Galloping, a small group of knights arrived, with their silver armors, some of them with the white-blue tunics and the blue unicorns and lillies of the Kingdom of Duivene, others with the white-golden tunics and the golden suns of the Ecclesiarchy. Some of them quickly jumped down from their horses, rushing to help the princess.. while the others, still on top of their horses, surrounded Eric, pointing their lances at him. "Who are you, and what have you done, bastard?", one of the knights of the Ecclesiarchy angrily asked..
Last edited by Tracian Empire on Sat Oct 14, 2017 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Oct 14, 2017 11:08 am

Merkburger Fen
Unsterb Manor

You know that it is bad running down stairs in a dark passage into a wet dungion? Well, Jeremy either hadn't cared about it anymore or it was simply a small oversight. And so it was no miracle that his foot slipped on one of the increasingly wet stairs...and he fell backwards...and of course had no hands free to save himself...

What he did have though was a really nice cushion that saved him from suffering a fatal wound on the back of his head when falling onto the stone stairs. Problem was, that cushion was Mireille. So, not only had he just basically slammed her onto stone stairs with her back and head, but also thrown himself onto pelvis with full force. Autsch, that was surely going to hurt. And once Mireille was back up, Jeremy would probably get to feel just how much that hurt.
(Totally not godmodded version: Mireille though managed to open her wings quickly enough, which apparently also were strong enough to keep her in the air as well as Jeremy's upper body, preventing them from painfully falling onto the stone. Still though, that sudden near accident should've made them a little more cautious.)

Anyway, they eventually made it to the end of the neverending staircase. The stench had gotten worse the deeper they had come and now they surely were in the very centre of this putrid smell. And the dim light of the few candles revealed what it was that caused this smell.

In the centre of the room they had entered, very well illuminated by a crapton of candles, was what seemed to be a wooden table, complete with all sorts of metal and leather restraints. The wood was soaked in blood and pools of it were all around the table. Just like an arm and a leg that were just lying in a small box next to the table, as if they had been thrown away into some trashbin. But most importantly, the table was empty, the restraints open. A little bit further there was yet another blood table, blood gathering below it as well. Luckily, whatever was on that table was obscured by a sheet. But if they got closer to it, they would be able to smell something that shouldn't be smelled here, far away from where the odor originated. Faint, almost completely covered up by all the other gross odors. there was a stench of the sea, of salt water, coming from that table.

Another very interesting feature of this room, although barely visible due to a lack of light, was the fact that, along the walls where the secret passage was that they just came through, there were coat hooks. Well, actually not coat hooks but meathooks. And they were lining the wall in a similar fashion as...well...uh...how these lines of hooks were you can hang your jackets and coats! Anyway, instead of coats, the hooks bore a much more gruesome load. Bodies. Gross, unnatural bodies. They were all there, put onto those hooks, held up the hooks going under their scapulas and keeping them hanging there. Pale abominations, from all of them visible that they had lost their blood long ago. Their bodies covered in stitches, often sporting several arms or legs or even heads. Or when they were equipped with metal blades or claws or whatever weird stuff instead of limbs. There were quite a feew of these Frankensteins hanging there.

And yet, it was not the full horror of this room. For in another part of the room they could see more hanging. Here the hooks were attached to the ceiling and the people hanging down from them seemed to be mostly fine. Again the meathooks were under their scapulas, holding them in their place. The interesting part here was, that below every single one of these hanging people, which looked like completely normal dead people, was a bucket. Yes, a bucket. And well, the normal hanging people weren't that normal afterall, since they were missing both their feet and their hands. Those they could currently not see but there was a pile of hands and feet in one corner of the room.

And yet, no living person showed itself. No movement could be seen.
"...Somebody breaks their toys a lot," Mireille mumbled. "Like me." She didn't seem to realize how horrific the room was, but simply looked around with what appeared to be sadness, remembering her own many unfortunate 'toys'. She was still a little bit cross from the incident on the stairs, but what injuries had been sustained were easily rectified by her own nature. She just... wanted to meet her new friend... and they weren't even there...

Oh! Now she understood.

They were playing hide-and-seek. And she was 'it'! She clapped her hands with childish glee, her mood having brightened the moment she realized that she was already playing a game with her new friend. "Come on, Jermee, we have to find them," she said happily. "And then we can hide and they can seek!" She started rummaging through the room haphazardly, giggling. She loved hide-and-seek.
Tracian Empire wrote:In a spooky forest somewhere

The sounds of the battle raging on around them continued to be vaguely heard from behind of the barrier that surrounded them.. but they were safe. For now. And yet, when Alina tried to help Rafal to stand back up.. he did not seem to be recognizing her.. it was almost as if he hadn't even noticed that someone else was there. The poor green eyed boy continued to look at the lattice of branches, as if he was able to see the brutal fighting behind it...as he was quivering. "Stop them.. please..", he whispered, his voice shaking.. as tears started to well up in his eyes. "There is too many of them.. the arrows.. the fire..it burns.. it's so hot.. it burns...I can't breathe.. we can't breathe..there is too many of them..they're everywhere.. those who fall off from their horses die.. they all die.. we will all die.. but I don't want to die.." Rafal fell back on his knees. "They never told us about all of this.. they told us..that battles are fair..that they're for heroes, that fighting for your realm is honorable..what is honor when you are burning alive?.. What is glory when arrows pierce your flesh?" What is heroic in dying painfully in a forest, only to be forgotten afterwards? And we believed them.. we were stupid enough to believe them...why was I the one to survive? It's not fair.. it's not fair.. there is no one to save us..we're all dead..there is no one listening..there is no one praying..we'll bring shame to our families.. we have to die honorably..but honor means nothing.. when war is unfair..

It was known, that those who die in horrible ways, without being buried.. never find their rest. Their souls would relieve their deaths, again and again, for all eternity..when so many people died, in equally horrible ways, in a single place..the memories of someone who took part in that gruesome event were enough..to bring all that torment forth into reality...
...Of course.

She understood what this was. He was remembering. Hadn't she experienced it herself? The smallest thing, a familiar sight, a sound, a face, a feeling... enough to overwhelm with sensations, enough to push the mind back into darkness. When Valeria had embraced her, only recently--she'd felt only terror, and for good reason. In her life, the touch of another person had become synonymous with pain. Even before Luxuria, her father's anger had taught her to fear what should have been a loving hand, and then the cult had burned its own primal fear into her mind, so that she cowered away from anyone, unable to truly place her trust in another person. Male or female, young or old, Wyzkian or Calarian, even the bounds of species hadn't been any different in that awful place, where most everyone she saw was willing and eager to use her regardless of their differences, where people of all kinds were united by insatiable desire--after such an experience, there was almost no one she was able to trust. Her present companions were the few exceptions--Pride had refused to further degrade her even when given the perfect opportunity, Rafal had come across her when she was helpless and alone and protected her. Even Lucia, who she couldn't quite bring herself to fully trust, was someone she knew would at least never harm her in the way she feared. Of course, she knew nothing about the new addition to their group, and nothing about this knight they had come across, but at the very least she had people who would keep her safe.

Now, though, she had to try to help one of them herself. She wasn't a strong person; her mind was unstable, her body thin and frail. But she understood, she knew what was happening, and didn't that count for something?

Maybe I can be strong enough to help you...

To most, the touch of another was comforting. She knew that. She didn't understand it at all--after being hurt so badly by so many people, such a thing had become a horrible reminder of each awful experience--but she didn't have to, did she? She just had to accept it.

She wrapped her arms around the boy, feeling her skin crawl as she did so, revulsion and fear welling up deep within her. She forced them down, forced herself to stop shaking, forced herself not to cry at the thoughts of others holding her, pressing against her, using her over and over and over again and it wouldn't stop it wouldn't ever stop why wouldn't it ever stop--

"It's okay," she choked. She couldn't think about those things. Even if the feeling of someone else's flesh against hers brought back those sickening memories, she had to try and focus on what was really happening. Rafal needed her. No, that wasn't true. He needed someone who could devote their full attention to helping him, who didn't have to stop and stifle the screams that wanted to tear their way out of her body. But there wasn't anyone like that around... she was the only one there was. Even if it wasn't enough, there were no other options. "It's okay, Rafal. You're not... You're not in the war any longer. You're safe. It's me, Alina, remember? Do you recognize my voice? I'm here with you... It's all over, the war is over. You're alive, you're not going to die. You don't have to be afraid of that... Okay? Please remember... Please remember where you really are."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse