NATION

PASSWORD

[MT|OOC] The Theban War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 17, 2017
Capitalist Paradise

[MT|OOC] The Theban War

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:23 pm

“Thucydides of Athens recorded the war between the Peloponnesians and Athenians, as they warred against each other; he served directly in the event and he realized it was great and that it was going to be the most remarkable of all previous history, judging that they were at their peak in it, both of them, with all possible preparation, and seeing that the rest of Greece was stood against one another, some directly, and others by intention. For this movement happened as the greatest before among the Hellenes and in whichever country of the Barbarians, such that it was even named among the biggest of mankind…”

Code: Select all
APPLICATION

Nation name:
Government type:
Economy type:
Leader's name:
Language:
Population:
Describe your military's performance:
Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?:
How does your country get involved in this war?:
What is your take on the premise for this RP?  Any suggestions?:
Misc:

With these words, Thucydides began his account of a war which shaped the future of the Greek civilization. What I like most of all about his narrative, is that he believed there was more reason to call this war ‘great’ than merely the length of time or the scale of the operations involved. That was part of it, but he thought it was the expression of a more basic, civilizational clash, between two powers who represented two diametrically opposed ways of life: the Athenians, flushed with belief in themselves and unafraid to break the limits of human humility with sweeping art and literature; and the Spartans, unreflective, tied to the way of things and to the land, living in the way of nature.

I am looking for people who are interested in RPing an epic war inspired by the Peloponnesian War of old. Two great powers (one of them will be myself) face off with however many allies they have. I have a premise for the war already which people can discuss. One of the essentials for this project is that it must encompass a confrontation between two ‘opposing’ systems. My idea was to use slavery as the flashpoint for the war and go from there. My nation, Thebes, is a large confederacy with a direct democratic culture, subscribed to their own indigenous system of libertarian society. This makes it a perfect ‘modern Athens’ parallel but we don’t have to be too rigid about the premise. Thebes’ “national” government is somewhat inactive but some members of the confederacy patrol the seas to battle pirates and slavers. I need someone to play the ‘Sparta’ role and represent a rival great power that is perhaps the opposite image of Thebes: centralized, authoritarian, personality-driven, and exploitative. Or whatever you think. We add whoever wants to be allies to either side.

I recently started a thread which is designed to be the backstory to this war and it RPs domestic politics in Thebes, attempting to tell the story of the last few years before the present, in which the Theban debate regarding what their proper role in the world is spins out of control, and tests the strength of their democratic system of life. I’ve only just started and I left it vague so far to leave room for retconning depending on who wants to play. My personal idea is somewhat intricate, its probably what I’ll do if I don’t get any interest: I’ve been thinking that a brilliant young king or ruler from some despotic state has just completed a series of Alexander-style conquests and, being hardcore in with evil, he devises a campaign against a region which neighbors Thebes, thinking that he will isolate the hated Thebans and position himself to strangle them or strike them directly in the intermediate future (could be like a 15 year plan or something). In this storyline his pirates and slavers are raiding the region, which is in Thebes sphere of influence, to weaken them before he suddenly pulls the trigger and arrives in the region with a massive army to conquer the continent. This is the start of the war, and the Thebans all take up arms together – which they rarely ever do – in order to try and stop the evil king.

In fact the only thing I'm dead set on is the general premise of slavery (or piracy maybe), but even that can be portrayed in any way. I mostly want to have a really cool RP and get people involved. I must disclaim up front, I have a plain writing style but my interest in this RP is semi-literary, I like that this is a game and I like our RPing conventions for style, brevity, brisk plot movement, and so on – and most importantly I am no critic when it comes to reading others. That being said, for me there is a big story element, and I’m trying to make it a work of literature a little bit, my plot has themes and its experimenting with real aspects of the human experience. If I summed it up I would say that it is about self-realization, conflict and energy pushing things to become the maximum expression of what they are. I would not mind if people really liked that idea as a writing challenge and wanted to try and tell a collective story where our nations evolve through the dialectical challenges of politics and human society contained in war, but I would not make anyone do so, it is just like the official theme of the RP or something.

At this point, this is just the very first part of the planning stage, I just want to hear from anybody who’s interested, either as the rival power or as any level of combatant, to start talking about the premise of the war and some of the background info – where is this going to take place, what is our previous history with each other, what are your ideas, etc. Eventually we could put up an IRC channel if we really get a lot of interest and use it to make a wiki or something, that’s like my grandest ambition for this RP.

I included a signup sheet, go ahead and use it to tag the thread but most important to me is your blurb explaining your nation's backstory to the war and what your take on the premise is. There is really no pressure here unless for some reason we get like 10 people trying to play as the rival power, then we have to talk about perhaps making the opposing side a league of some kind...

EDIT: Now including a running list of participants

Theban Alliance

Batavia
Getaresovnihica
Free Missouri
Confederacy of Technologist Communes
Baal
Legatia
Thebes

Rival Alliance

The Soviets
Great Krogaria
Altpeak

Minor Powers

Bendicion
Medwedia
Romanzuin
Greater Terra
Vymar

Order of Battle

Task Force Athambais
Commander: Admiral Democoon Attaginou / Commander Stolos Stolou
Objective: Make a show of force and deter Communist aggression against Baal

Royal Navy Detachment
1 x Ford-class aircraft carrier
--- 35 F-35 Lightening II
--- 20 Su-35 Sukhoi
--- 5 EA-18G Growler electronic warfare
--- 10 MH-60 Seahawk multi-mission helicopter
--- 3 RQ-4 Global Hawk surveillance UAV drones
--- 7 MQ-1 predator drone

4 x Kouria-class ballistic battleship
10 x Arleigh Burke-class destroyer
12 x Medusa-class AWACS destroyer
6 x Ticonderoga-class cruiser
8 x Independence-class LCS frigate
2 x Ohio-class guided missile submarine
1 x fast combat support ship

Theban Royal Guards

The Tarpeidian Band
- 5000 infantry
- 450 Stryker IFV
- 200 M1-Abrams mbt
- 200 M270 MLRS
- 150 M109 howitzer
- 80 AH-64 Apache attack helicopter
- 110 CH-47 Chinook transport helicopter

Battlefield Engineers
FOB deployment and maintenance

Theban Naval Security Forces
Commander: several (nominally Basileides Kassandrou the Royal Legate)
Objective: have been battling pirates off the coast of Oetzaria for several years

1 x Nimitz-class aircraft carrier
--- 20 MH-60R Romeo ASW helicopter
--- 5 EA-18G Grower electronic warfare
--- 25 KA-50 attack helicopter
--- 15 CH-53 Sea Stallion transport helicopter
20 x Ticonderoga-class cruiser
13 x Type 26 analogues
8 x Virginia-class attack submarines

Great Armada
Commander: Lord Admiral Simonides Ikarionos
Objective: Destroy strategic ground targets and achieve theater air superiority

Theban First Fleet
- 1x Ford CVN
--- 40 F-35C
--- 25 F/A-18 Super Hornet E/F
--- 8 AV-8B Harrier
--- 2 EA-18G Growler
--- 5 CH-53E Super Stallion
- 8x Arleigh Burke destroyer
--- 1 SH-60 Seahawk (per ship)
- 12x Ticonderoga cruiser
--- 2 MQ-8 Fire Scout (per ship)
- 3x Ohio submarine

Theban Second Fleet
- 1x Ford CVN
--- 15 F-35B
--- 3 P-3 Orion
--- 60 F/A-18 Hornet C/D
--- 10 RQ-2 Pioneer
- 4x Burke destroyer
- 8x Ticonderoga cruiser
- 3x Ohio submarine

Theban Third Fleet
- 1x Ford CVN
--- 15 F-35C
--- 55 F/A-18 Super Hornet E/F
--- 2 E-2
- 6x Burke destroyer
- 2x Ticonderoga cruiser
- 1 EP-3 SIGINT
- 1 E-6 Mercury

Naval Forces
1 Kirov class battlecruiser
1 Udaloy class destroyer
1 Sovremennyy class destroyer
8 Admiral Grigorovich class frigates
6 Oscar II class cruise missile submarines.

Ground Forces
9th Rifle Division
768 BTR-80s, 336 BMP-3s, 600 SBA 60k2 Bulats, 128 9K53 Strela-10s, 128 2K22 Tunguskas, 32 BREM-L "Beglianka"s, 6 UH-60Ls, 32 M119 105mm howitzers, 12 M777 155mm howitzers, 12 TOS-1s, 44 FMTV gun carriages, 22 GAZ Tigrs, 3 RQ-7 Shadows, 6 Ural Typhoons, 2 Kornet Ds.
15,372 personnel.

21st Rifle Division
768 BTR-80s, 336 BMP-3s, 600 SBA 60k2 Bulats, 128 9K53 Strela-10s, 128 2K22 Tunguskas, 32 BREM-L "Beglianka"s, 6 UH-60Ls, 32 M119 105mm howitzers, 12 M777 155mm howitzers, 12 TOS-1s, 44 FMTV gun carriages, 22 GAZ Tigrs, 3 RQ-7 Shadows, 6 Ural Typhoons, 2 Kornet Ds.
15,372 personnel.

43rd Rifle Division
15,372 personnel.

8th Armoured Division
672 Merkava IVs, 192 BTR-80s, 84 BMP-3s, 132 SBA-60K2 Bulats, 32 9K53 Strela-10M3 MNs, 32 2K22 Tunguskas, 3 RQ-7s, 6 Ural Typhoons, 10 GAZ Tigrs, 2 Kornet Ds, 16 TOS-1s, 16 2S19 Mstas, 32 BREM-L "Beglianka"s, 24 SBA-60K2 Bulats.
11,010 personnel.

15th Airborne Division
432 BMD-4s, 108 2S9s, 48 2S25s.
4,032 personnel.

Air Force
240 Ka-52s
103 Il-76s
3 SU-57s
21 SU-35s
21 MiG-35s
98 SU-34s

ORBAT

Kriegsmarine
1x Friedrich I Barbarossa-class aircraft carrier, nuclear (SMS Karl V)
- Marinejagdhexegeschwader MJH-61 'Seeschwalbe' (20x Me-505T Witches)
- Marinejagdhexegeschwader MJH-62 'Basstölpel' (20x Me-505T Witches)
- Marinejagdhexegeschwader MJH-63 'Tölpel' (20x Me-505T Witches)
- Marinejagdhexegeschwader MJH-64 'Tropikvogel' (20x Me-505T Witches)
- Flugzeugträgerfrühwarnunggeschwader TFW-16 'Höckergans' (6x E-2D Hawkeyes)
- Marineelektronischekampfführunggeschwader MEK-16 'Riesenhai' (16x EF-4S 'Poltergeist')
- Marinehubschrauberkampfgeschwader MHK-16 'Wolfsrudel' (6x Eurocopter AS565 Panthers)
- 1x C-2A(R) Greyhound
1x Scharnhorst-class heavy cruiser, nuclear (SMS Roon)
- 2x Me-505S Witches attached
2x Wilhelm Maybach-class destroyers (SMS Gutenberg, SMS Von Arco)
- 2x Me-505S Witches attached per ship
2x Sachsen-class frigates (SMS Bornholm, SMS Skanderborg)
- 2x Me-505S Witches attached per ship

1x Reich-class LHA (SMS Kamerun)
- Marinezerstörergeschwader MZ-10 'Hammerkopf' (16x Me-505S)
- 3x Ship-to-Shore Connector landing craft
-- 30x ATF Dingo IMVs
-- 15x Schützenpanzer Puma IFVs

Heer
4x Titan-class roll-on/roll-off cargo ships (SMS Eos, SMS Kreios, SMS Melisseus, SMS Sykeus)
- 4th Panzerdivision, Panzer-Regiment 33
- 150x Panzerkampfwagen IX Löwe MBTs
- 50x Bergepanzer BPz3 Büffel recovery vehicles
- 1. Marine-Infanterie-Division, Marine-Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 4 (1500) (technically Kriegsmarine but w/e the Titans are all Heer)
-- 10x LGS Fenneks
-- 15x GTK Boxers
1. Nassauisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 87 (1500)
2. Nassauisches Infanterie-Regiment Nr. 88 (1500)
Thüringer Ulanen-Regiment Nr. 6 (250)
- 200x Gehenpanzer VII 'Serval' tank Witches
- 10x Schützenpanzer Puma IFVs

Luftwaffe
Kampfgeschwader 77
- 16x Gemballa RM-30 San Real heavy bombers
Transportgeschwader 5
- 24x Lockheed C-5M Super Galaxy heavy transport planes

Land Assets

54th Legion (LIV)- Alaudum- 4,000 men- Armored
98th Legion (XCIX)- Lapidamum- 4,000 men- Armored

13th Legion (XIII)- Triarium- 6,000 men- Mechanized infantry
5th Legion (V)- Praeventorum- 6,000 men- Mechanized infantry
6th Legion (V)- Centaurum- 6,000 men- Mechanized infantry
7th Legion (VII)- Lexium Victrix- 8,000 men- Infantry
22nd Legion (XXII) Aegeana- 8,000 men- Infantry
19th Legion (XIX) Manticorum Condietur- 8,000 men- Infantry

12th Legion (XIX) Fulminata- 6,000 men- Air assault

Naval Assets
2 Corundum-class fleet carriers
CVN-18 Capreae
CVN-22 Commodianna

4 Scopuligus-class guided missile cruisers
CG-48 Caeruleum Sinus
CG-62 Campum Leipta
CG-81 Rubrum Silvis
CG-77 Saxa Collis

6 Fortitudo-class guided missile destroyers
DDG-100 Andaeum
DDG-124 Vivius T. Marcianus
DDG-98 Lucaria Arista
DDG-87 Rubeus M. Andio
DDG-92 Alexander C. Trianus
DDG-112 Lance A. Ecaedus

3 Ensis-class nuclear fast attack submarines
SSN-114 Audax
SSN-1614 Celeres
SSN-82 Victrix

2 Lectus-class amphibious warfare vessles
LHD-10 Tabellarius
LHD-20 Tempitus

Air Assets

Air assets do not include naval air, utility/transport helicopters, or theater-wide transport aircraft.

Fixed-wing
18 F-10 Comitatense stealth air superiority fighters
62 F/A-008 Peregrine strike fighters
34 A-009 Sphinx attack jets
6 CA-184 Kingfish Punctum gunship
2 AC-48 Harbinger heavy gunship
14 L/BC-16 Lancea strike bombers
82 HA-5T Pierce attack helicopters
Last edited by Erythrean Thebes on Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:17 am, edited 33 times in total.
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Factbook | Embassy | Religion | Community
Create a Colony in YN!
ATTN DEMOCRACIES - JOIN THE OCEANIC SECURITY COUNCIL - SAVE DEMOCRACY

Revolutionary Proletarian Soviets
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Revolutionary Proletarian Soviets » Tue Sep 26, 2017 10:27 pm

I'm definitely interested, though I will admit that large-scale MT warfare is not an area of expertise for me: I am better at writing WWII-tech warfare (which I think might be more suited to this type of enterprise, being the last period of truly total war practiced by nations against each other), or guerilla warfare-type actions.

In terms of the concept of "freedom VS slavery", while my nation doesn't practice outright slavery it is a Soviet Union-style centralized communist state, which I think does contrast nicely with your own more libertarian democratic government. Certainly the sort of totalitarian control exercised over Soviet citizens could be seen as near slavery, especially to a culture that values individual liberties to a high degree. While we wouldn't support outright slavers, again other types of slavery, like forced conscription of fighters into the ranks of proxy fighters, might catch the attention and ire of your citizens.

As the major antagonist, my nation could be arming and supporting communist insurgents in neighboring countries, slowly building a network of client states a la the Warsaw Pact surrounding your nation. As a major potential competitor (it sounds like, if my reading of your state is accurate, you would be a sort of sleeping giant, possessing immense potential power but having little of it on hand for immediate use), the Supreme Executive Committee (led by some charismatic Chairman with visions of being the man to see the final triumph of the Permanent Revolution) would have a long-term strategy of sort containment, aiming to surround you with pro-Soviet governments that would force you to tailor your foreign and domestic policies to our interests or risk economic strangulation, followed by internal revolt directed by my nation, and finally invasion. The trigger could be a sort of Korean War scenario, my client state nearly defeating a Theban ally which prompts intervention, and my nation decides now is a time to fully commit and crush you.

Nation name: The General Union of Revolutionary Proletarian Soviets (commonly, "the Soviet Union" or "the Soviets")
Government type: One-party totalitarian communist dictatorship
Economy type: State-controlled
Leader's name: Undetermined at this time, but will have the title of Chairman of the Supreme Executive Committee
Language: Esperanto (but will write dialogue in American English)
Population: Large
Describe your military's performance: Largely untested, and reliant on doctrines which assume an enemy employing similar or identical doctrines, but armed with effective if not always high-tech weapons and benefitting from immense numbers of men and materiel
Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: Stagnant. The state has been turned largely inward, focusing on completing the Revolution domestically, but has sought opportunities to encourage or aid revolutionaries abroad with the aim of creating client states for an international trading network
How does your country get involved in this war?: See writeup above
What is your take on the premise for this RP? Any suggestions?: See writeup above
Misc: See writeup above

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:01 am

Cool, you can join for sure...this is a good clash, I think it is somewhat close to the real ideological divide between Athens and Sparta (not that I want to always be dragging things back to that! That would be boring); I think we share a basically communal way of life but it is expressed very different ways. My suggestion would be that we dial down this premise a little bit, perhaps there are a few key countries, neighbors of Thebes, whom the Soviets are threatening to take over? It will give the RP a focus that lets us construct a gameworld around these countries' history, politics, etc without overburdening ourselves with too wide of a scope. I thought there might be some people as well who would want to RP as these minor nations so the level of interest we get is another factor, if we can really get like a dozen people then certain bold ideas become more feasible.

Also let me look at your factbooks and stuff and I'll see where I think we can situate our relations
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Shield of Baal
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Shield of Baal » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:33 am

Nation name: The Republic of Baal
Government type: Was once a republic but is now just a shadow of its former self. A prime minister propped up by a crumbling parliament that seems to be slowly slipping to open revolt against his de facto rule.
Economy type: Mixed between public and private sector
Leader's name: Prime Minister J Symonds
Language: Ukranian
Population: medium
Describe your military's performance: Untested and not very large. Mostly citizen militia designed to keep the peace in the countryside as a replacement to the police when situations get edgy. What professional army there is has been well equipped with Russian style equipment (Aks, BMPs t-90s and such) but lacking in a large amount of modern body armour. They choose to dig in to preserve numbers as opposed to going on the offensive but will attack if the need arises.
Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: Facing decline due to a weakened economy and unrest in the homeland
How does your country get involved in this war?: Is a minor nation which is likely to be used as a pawn in the games of bigger powers
What is your take on the premise for this RP? Any suggestions?: I like it! The idea of fighting over modern slavery is good and I would like to volunteer as a minor power to be used in the power games of larger nations and maybe to face an invasion as I like a challenge in RP. I like to mostly get down to the nitty gritty and do a soldiers pov of the combat whilst also talking about the command decisions and the national decisions as well so this looks good for that sort of writing.
Misc:

The Batavia
Senator

Founded: May 08, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Batavia » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:08 am

Nation name: The Democratic Republic of Batavia
Government type: Conservative Libertarian, Center-Right, Republican Multi-Party Democracy
Economy type: Social-Capitalist
Leader's name: President Lars Alexanders
Language: Dutch/Flemish, Low-Saxon/German, Luxembourgish, Danish, Wallonian French
Population: Above Medium
Describe your military's performance: Very well trained, equipped and disciplined. The Batavian Republican Armed Forces has a proud history with alot of traditions. The military is seen as an important asset to society to protect the freedom of the people. Newbies go through one of the toughest recruitment trainings on the planet. The military has high-tech, state-of-the-art weapons and equipment which are all produced by Batavian companies. Soldiers who aren't on duty are often combat-drilled through MilSim's and video games. Batavian soldiers are infamous for their amazing accuracy and ability to take on forces greater than theirs.
Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: Rising and still going.
How does your country get involved in this war?: First, we'll ignore it, but we'll eventually intervene because we fear that our freedom will be threathend if the wrong side wins
What is your take on the premise for this RP? Any suggestions?: Well first, gimme a good reason to be part of this war. I don't want to be the US of this RP if you know what I mean. Second, I'd like to avoid PvP, because I'm afraid I'd either unintenionally godmod or be too underpowered. Other than those, I like the idea behind this! And much like Baal I'll probably do it from the soldier's POV, while also doing the POV of my leader, discussing the situations with his military commanders.
Misc:
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Wed Sep 27, 2017 3:55 pm

Okay you are both accepted, and soon I'll add a list to the OP with directs to everybody's app and sorts people. Let's try to get a few others and we can start thinking about the setup - these ideas fit together nicely!
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Getaresovnihica
Civilian

Founded: Jul 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Getaresovnihica » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:14 pm

First post on the forum. Tired of just resolving issues and want to do something. Hopefully I’m doing this right.

Nation name: the Kingdom of Getaresovnihica
Government type: Center-left Monarchy
Economy type: Mixed
Leader’s Name: King Vincent Burke
Language: English, German, Japanese
Describe your military’s performance: This military has never been tested, but because of the slashing of the military budget and abolishment of conscription, it is a very small force that is likely to be quite weak. However, the military has potential as the top drill sergeant immigrated to Getaresovnihica after serving as an officer in a country with a more established military. With luck, he could use his knowledge and experience in training the Getaresovnihican military.
Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: The country continues to rise as immigrants flock to the peaceful, agriculturally sound nation. The fact that the country wants to get involved in a war could spell trouble, however...
How does your country get involved in this war?: Getaresovnihican leaders have always idolized Thebes as a country of inspiration. The leaders have heard about the potential danger that could be affecting Thebes and want to do whatever they can to help prevent this crisis. Getaresovnihica does not plan to have a large role in this war, and as it has never fought in a war before, it is vulnerable to manipulation by larger, more experienced nations.
What is your take on the premise for this RP?: I think it’s great. Most of this will probably be me sitting back and watching to get my feet wet with this sort of thing, but I’ll pop in every now and again and take some sort of action. Others have said they take soldiers’ and leaders’ points of view. Sounds like a good plan to me.

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Fri Sep 29, 2017 7:03 am

Getaresovnihica wrote:First post on the forum. Tired of just resolving issues and want to do something. Hopefully I’m doing this right.

Nation name: the Kingdom of Getaresovnihica
Government type: Center-left Monarchy
Economy type: Mixed
Leader’s Name: King Vincent Burke
Language: English, German, Japanese
Describe your military’s performance: This military has never been tested, but because of the slashing of the military budget and abolishment of conscription, it is a very small force that is likely to be quite weak. However, the military has potential as the top drill sergeant immigrated to Getaresovnihica after serving as an officer in a country with a more established military. With luck, he could use his knowledge and experience in training the Getaresovnihican military.
Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: The country continues to rise as immigrants flock to the peaceful, agriculturally sound nation. The fact that the country wants to get involved in a war could spell trouble, however...
How does your country get involved in this war?: Getaresovnihican leaders have always idolized Thebes as a country of inspiration. The leaders have heard about the potential danger that could be affecting Thebes and want to do whatever they can to help prevent this crisis. Getaresovnihica does not plan to have a large role in this war, and as it has never fought in a war before, it is vulnerable to manipulation by larger, more experienced nations.
What is your take on the premise for this RP?: I think it’s great. Most of this will probably be me sitting back and watching to get my feet wet with this sort of thing, but I’ll pop in every now and again and take some sort of action. Others have said they take soldiers’ and leaders’ points of view. Sounds like a good plan to me.

You are accepted. So at this point we have two main combatants, a contested minor power, and two great powers on the sidelines. Pretty good...let's give some time to see if other nations want to join and then we will prepare the RP
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:35 am

Bump
Ditched my old signature. Will be making a pretty looking one when I find the time.

Bendicion
Minister

Founded: Nov 19, 2012
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:27 am

APPLICATION

Nation name:Bendicion, OFFICIAL:Kaliptzy Reich of Bendicion
Government type:Authoritarian Socialist
Economy type:Market
Leader's name:President Gideon Kalanx
Language:Bendian English
Population:47,855,421
Describe your military's performance:After the Socialist revolution, the Reich reorganized the army. It changed from the huge standing armies of the former Union government and adopted the small scale use of units. As of now, Bendicion has a standing army that is well led and experienced. But its forces are spread thin along the borders and overseas territories. Over the years, Bendicion had slowly made the squad as the core of its operations in order to utilize every man's abilities. This poses a significant risk if a country decides to invade Bendicion, the country's armed forces will form into bands for guerrila warfare. Seldom now does Bendicion join conventional wars.

Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?:The Reich is now in decline. Growing discontent and several political outcries are creating disorder and uprisings. Former Union leaders also have created major coups. But so far, the Reich is still held together by the army as well as some key business leaders.

How does your country get involved in this war?:Bendicion, is an oppurtunist nation, trying to expand its influence whenever possible. As discontent rises at home, this war could maybe help the Reich unify the nation to create a binding force among the Bendian population. If this war goes well for the Reich, then it lives for another day. But if it does lose, then the Reich government faces revolution.

What is your take on the premise for this RP? Any suggestions?: Really dont have ideas. Just willing to rp with this.

Misc:

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

Author of ‘Ben was here o/‘
Self Proclaimed Server Hamster
♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖
From Small Beginnings, Great Things

>>> BENDICION | A STORY KEPT SAFE <<<

NS Issues Work Bench
I like quiet | I hate insensitivity | Perseverance is my drug
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:02 pm

Bendicion wrote:APPLICATION

Describe your military's performance:After the Socialist revolution, the Reich reorganized the army. It changed from the huge standing armies of the former Union government and adopted the small scale use of units. As of now, Bendicion has a standing army that is well led and experienced. But its forces are spread thin along the borders and overseas territories. Over the years, Bendicion had slowly made the squad as the core of its operations in order to utilize every man's abilities. This poses a significant risk if a country decides to invade Bendicion, the country's armed forces will form into bands for guerrila warfare. Seldom now does Bendicion join conventional wars.

Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?:The Reich is now in decline. Growing discontent and several political outcries are creating disorder and uprisings. Former Union leaders also have created major coups. But so far, the Reich is still held together by the army as well as some key business leaders.

How does your country get involved in this war?:Bendicion, is an oppurtunist nation, trying to expand its influence whenever possible. As discontent rises at home, this war could maybe help the Reich unify the nation to create a binding force among the Bendian population. If this war goes well for the Reich, then it lives for another day. But if it does lose, then the Reich government faces revolution.

What is your take on the premise for this RP? Any suggestions?: Really dont have ideas. Just willing to rp with this.

Misc:

Quite nice! Accepted, welcome.

In the next few days I will be creating an IRC channel and then i will share a link with you - if we can find an agreeable time, it will be a good way to talk about the setup for the RP
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Libraria and Ausitoria
Negotiator

Founded: May 30, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Libraria and Ausitoria » Wed Oct 04, 2017 1:24 am

If it would be helpful, the Aestorian Commonwealth is ideologically market-liberal and yet simultaneously inclined to support socialism on the international stage in the interests of balancing out the fascist power block. For these reasons the Commonwealth would likely seek to de-escalate the conflict, e.g. anything from keeping nuclear weapons off the table to avoiding interdiction of commerce to negotiating a peace treaty.

You are, of course, intending to RP a war, but if you think that sort of thing would be helpful at some point during the RP, e.g. if things threaten to get out of hand, or if one of you has to drop out for any OOC reason and you'd like to keep everything in-canon, let me know and I'd be happy to fill out an application and oblige. I might also be able to find time to write a newspaper article or two if you would like.

No worries if you have no immediate interest in such interference.
The Aestorian Commonwealth - Pax Prosperitas - Gloria in Maere - (Factbook)

Disclaimer: Notwithstanding any mention of their nations, Ausitoria and its canon does not exist nor impact the canon of many IFC & SACTO & closed-region nations; and it is harassment to presume it does. However in accordance with my open-door policy the converse does not apply: they still impact Ausitoria's canon.
○ Commonwealth Capital (Bank) ○ ○ Commonwealth Connect (Bank Treaty) ○ ○ SeaScape (Shipping & Energy) ○
(██████████████████████████████║║◙█[Θ]█]◙◙◙◙◙[█]

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:46 am

Erythrean Thebes wrote:
Bendicion wrote:APPLICATION

Misc:

Quite nice! Accepted, welcome.

In the next few days I will be creating an IRC channel and then i will share a link with you - if we can find an agreeable time, it will be a good way to talk about the setup for the RP

I am active and mostly online at times, just send me a TG anytime.

Like talking about history and dreaming of Rome. Join now our Discord server and enlist in the legions

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench
Chaotic Sparkles,c.2023 wrote:this was just one hamster that took on the world and that hamster has now been maintained as governor.
The Sapientia, c.2014 wrote:”You'll be back. Once you start , you can never stop”
LWU gtrf0129 c. 2022 wrote:This raid was so powerful that the power went out in my house lol

Shield of Baal
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shield of Baal » Wed Oct 04, 2017 7:21 am

I can do most times thursday to sunday but unfortunately i am busy Monday - wednesday. I am also on British time :)

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Sat Oct 07, 2017 6:48 am

Libraria and Ausitoria wrote:If it would be helpful, the Aestorian Commonwealth is ideologically market-liberal and yet simultaneously inclined to support socialism on the international stage in the interests of balancing out the fascist power block. For these reasons the Commonwealth would likely seek to de-escalate the conflict, e.g. anything from keeping nuclear weapons off the table to avoiding interdiction of commerce to negotiating a peace treaty.

You are, of course, intending to RP a war, but if you think that sort of thing would be helpful at some point during the RP, e.g. if things threaten to get out of hand, or if one of you has to drop out for any OOC reason and you'd like to keep everything in-canon, let me know and I'd be happy to fill out an application and oblige. I might also be able to find time to write a newspaper article or two if you would like.

No worries if you have no immediate interest in such interference.

That's cool, you can tag along and then jump in later at the right time. I'm into the diplomacy side as well, half of the fun of Thucydides is the incredible deliberative rhetoric in the various assemblies and the epic watching from the shore.

Alright guys, I've added a link in the OP to the IRC chat, once you click on it you just have to enter your username and then it'll drop you right in. I guess we should find a time to try and talk that works for everyone - or else we can do some of it by TG or right here in the thread as well. I think it will just be good to figure out, like, where is this taking place and how do we envision the war unfolding. As for me maybe I will just throw out a range of times, see if anybody can link up?

5:30 PM EST
9:00 AM EST
10:00 PM EST

just for starters, how do people match up with that. Sorry you're a Brit Baal :p, I hope maybe we can get you on in your afternoon or evening time...
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Bendicion
Minister

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Bendicion » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:03 am

9 AM for me, but what date?

♖ Sic Parvis Magna ♖

NS Issues Work Bench

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Sat Oct 07, 2017 7:43 am

You know, we could also make a IC forum thread like all others do.

Free Missouri
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Missouri » Sat Oct 07, 2017 8:05 am

APPLICATION

Nation name: Free Missouri
Government type: Stratocratic and Meritocratic republic with several strong religious threads in the fabric of the constitution
Economy type: Free Market Capitalism
Leader's name: Albrecht Johnson
Language: Southern American English
Population: 310,000,000
Describe your military's performance: Performance wise, roughly approximate to the current US military in capability and ability to deploy, although FM is militarily somewhat smaller than the US in certain areas, especially naval. The current iteration of the military, reinstituted after the re-forming of the government after the last war with New Hayeselia, is somewhat untested, though it has had several smaller conflicts along the southern borders and with an Australasian narcoterrorist group, off the coast of Guadalcanal.

Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: currently in a state of fluctuation just below the previous peak. FM, like many countries, seems to be on a cycle of rising and waning importance with periods of fluctuation in between, This is one of those periods.

How does your country get involved in this war?: Free Missouri has a strict policy of engaging first in diplomatic contention, then economic conflict, and if necessary total warfare with any power they find themselves against which commit human rights crimes including an institution of slavery, first-strike use of WMDs, and genocide of minorities.

What is your take on the premise for this RP? Any suggestions?:
Misc:
Military Whitelist
[spoiler=Isidewith score]http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/933358212
Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Zalig Kerstfeest, শুভ বড়দিন, Feliz Navidad, and to all a blessed new year.

“Too much capitalism does not mean too many capitalists, but too few capitalists.”The Uses of Diversity, 1921, GK Chesterton

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Sun Oct 08, 2017 7:01 am

Free Missouri wrote:APPLICATION

Government type: Stratocratic and Meritocratic republic with several strong religious threads in the fabric of the constitution
Describe your military's performance: Performance wise, roughly approximate to the current US military in capability and ability to deploy, although FM is militarily somewhat smaller than the US in certain areas, especially naval. The current iteration of the military, reinstituted after the re-forming of the government after the last war with New Hayeselia, is somewhat untested, though it has had several smaller conflicts along the southern borders and with an Australasian narcoterrorist group, off the coast of Guadalcanal.

Would you say that you are rising, at a peak, or facing decline?: currently in a state of fluctuation just below the previous peak. FM, like many countries, seems to be on a cycle of rising and waning importance with periods of fluctuation in between, This is one of those periods.

How does your country get involved in this war?: Free Missouri has a strict policy of engaging first in diplomatic contention, then economic conflict, and if necessary total warfare with any power they find themselves against which commit human rights crimes including an institution of slavery, first-strike use of WMDs, and genocide of minorities.

Misc:

Welcome, are you leaning towards either side in particular?

The Batavia wrote:You know, we could also make a IC forum thread like all others do.

Before I can make one I need to know the setting of the RP since we haven't even decided where it will be fought and how it will begin.

Bendicion wrote:9 AM for me, but what date?

We should do a weekend, assuming that works better for everybody...
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Free Missouri
Minister

Founded: Dec 28, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Free Missouri » Sun Oct 08, 2017 12:46 pm

Erythrean Thebes wrote:
Free Missouri wrote:APPLICATION

Misc:

which ever side is fighting against slavery
Military Whitelist
[spoiler=Isidewith score]http://www.isidewith.com/elections/2016-presidential/933358212
Merry Christmas, Frohe Weihnachten, Zalig Kerstfeest, শুভ বড়দিন, Feliz Navidad, and to all a blessed new year.

“Too much capitalism does not mean too many capitalists, but too few capitalists.”The Uses of Diversity, 1921, GK Chesterton

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Sun Oct 08, 2017 1:08 pm

Free Missouri wrote:
Erythrean Thebes wrote:

Good, you can be one of my allies.

I still like the idea of this IRC chat for our group but I must say, we want to get this sorted out and people have different schedules. Let me know if you want to try and get on chat at the same time; however, I will also post my thoughts tomorrow or something, a proposal for how the thread can begin, that will assign a role to all of the major/minor powers.
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

Shield of Baal
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Shield of Baal » Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:20 am

9am EST will work for me cause thats like some time in my afternoon if we do that on a weekend :)

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:06 am

Erythrean Thebes wrote:
Free Missouri wrote:

Good, you can be one of my allies.

I still like the idea of this IRC chat for our group but I must say, we want to get this sorted out and people have different schedules. Let me know if you want to try and get on chat at the same time; however, I will also post my thoughts tomorrow or something, a proposal for how the thread can begin, that will assign a role to all of the major/minor powers.

Well, I live in western Europe, if that information helps you.

Erythrean Thebes
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Erythrean Thebes » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:11 pm

Okay here are some thoughts:

1. Are we cool with the idea of focusing the war on, say, a single sub-continent or a region of about that size? I’m imagining something about the size of India which we would say contain up to 4 or 5 countries IC. I was thinking of something about this size since it will leave a decent amount of room for grand strategy letting us really play with some cool stuff like maneuver, logistics, air superiority, land speed, for example. That would give us the perfect setting for a war with several major campaigns and the potential to shift back and forth. Thinking, of course, that everything eventually blows up and spills grand warfare across the whole sub-continent…

2. Looking at it this way, we could say that there are perhaps 4 or 5 minor powers in this region (we’d have to think of a name for it), similar in size and strength. Baal could be one of these countries who gets invaded by a neighbor, and that neighbor is the ally of the Soviets. Baal, on the other hand, we would say is aligned towards Thebes – not sure Baal if you’re thinking of a more formal alliance, perhaps saying we have existing ties, or maybe Baal turns to Thebes because of the looming invasion.

3. Countries who are initially on the sidelines have a lot of freedom to decide why they get involved in this scenario: maybe they have national interests in some of the other countries in the region, and they are looking to protect the status quo, or maybe they have their eyes on the major combatants from the start and they join to try and tip the balances of forces at critical moments. Or something else, there’s a lot of promise.

4. Since I know that at least me and one other player are hoping to include a slaver in the enemy alliance, I did create a puppet country Great Krogaria which I figured I could use as a slaveholding empire combatant. If it’s alright with you, Soviets, I was thinking this could be an allied major power on your side. Maybe they are raiding Baal or neutral countries in this region for plunder and slaves, but with a backroom agreement with yourself to avoid antagonizing your interests and cooperate on hedging out Thebes. And when the war heats up it is part of the international relations to figure out how this alliance will develop – can these powers team up or is it feasible to divide them? [The puppet will probably disappear after this war, and if anybody wants to join as a slaver combatant you can just fill this role yourself…]

5. I have some rudimentary paint skills and I could make a couple maps for us to visualize things, is there anybody else willing or interested in making maps and stuff for this war? The more the better…
Ἐρύθρα᾽Θήβαι
Create a Colony in YN!

The Batavia
Senator

Postby The Batavia » Tue Oct 10, 2017 8:39 am

Erythrean Thebes wrote:Okay here are some thoughts:

1. Are we cool with the idea of focusing the war on, say, a single sub-continent or a region of about that size? I’m imagining something about the size of India which we would say contain up to 4 or 5 countries IC. I was thinking of something about this size since it will leave a decent amount of room for grand strategy letting us really play with some cool stuff like maneuver, logistics, air superiority, land speed, for example. That would give us the perfect setting for a war with several major campaigns and the potential to shift back and forth. Thinking, of course, that everything eventually blows up and spills grand warfare across the whole sub-continent…

2. Looking at it this way, we could say that there are perhaps 4 or 5 minor powers in this region (we’d have to think of a name for it), similar in size and strength. Baal could be one of these countries who gets invaded by a neighbor, and that neighbor is the ally of the Soviets. Baal, on the other hand, we would say is aligned towards Thebes – not sure Baal if you’re thinking of a more formal alliance, perhaps saying we have existing ties, or maybe Baal turns to Thebes because of the looming invasion.

3. Countries who are initially on the sidelines have a lot of freedom to decide why they get involved in this scenario: maybe they have national interests in some of the other countries in the region, and they are looking to protect the status quo, or maybe they have their eyes on the major combatants from the start and they join to try and tip the balances of forces at critical moments. Or something else, there’s a lot of promise.

4. Since I know that at least me and one other player are hoping to include a slaver in the enemy alliance, I did create a puppet country Great Krogaria which I figured I could use as a slaveholding empire combatant. If it’s alright with you, Soviets, I was thinking this could be an allied major power on your side. Maybe they are raiding Baal or neutral countries in this region for plunder and slaves, but with a backroom agreement with yourself to avoid antagonizing your interests and cooperate on hedging out Thebes. And when the war heats up it is part of the international relations to figure out how this alliance will develop – can these powers team up or is it feasible to divide them? [The puppet will probably disappear after this war, and if anybody wants to join as a slaver combatant you can just fill this role yourself…]

5. I have some rudimentary paint skills and I could make a couple maps for us to visualize things, is there anybody else willing or interested in making maps and stuff for this war? The more the better…

Seems good to me. We might need to puzzle out how the slaveholder empire will threathen my nation's freedom. For example one of the minor nations can be an important trading partner of mine and an popular destination for my tourists. Perhaps it is also easier to reach my country via that nation.

One thing you should know: Batavia is located in Europe; It's territory contains this territory

So yeah, I think the Theban Alliance will gain a huge advantage with an European power on their side.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents