NATION

PASSWORD

A Continent Divided: 2017 (OOC/North American RP/Open/Signup

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
British Empire Strikes Back
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

A Continent Divided: 2017 (OOC/North American RP/Open/Signup

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:14 pm

About

A Continent Divided: 2017, is a roleplay experience centered around the division of North America after a brief civil war in the United States which later expanded to Canada and Mexico. This division of the continent resulted in the formation of many new, independent nations across the continent. The fate of your newly-independent nation rests in your hands, will your nation be a superpower on the continent? Or will it be a minor player? Will it expand, or peacefully coexist with it's neighbors? Will it open itself to the world, or be closed off to the outside world?

The choice is yours and only yours, and the choices you make during the course of this roleplay existence will determine both the future of your nation and the future of this continent we all share.

Backstory

With the illegitimate election of Donald Trump as President of the United States in 2016, the United States erupted into a period of disorder and rebellion unseen since the days of the Civil War. Shortly after his inauguration, the largest peaceful protest in history was held on International Women's Day in Washington D.C., and as the movement against his rule grew, so did the investigation into his involvement and collusion in the Russian tampering of the election.

Things came to a head when Special Prosecutor Robert Mueller announced the indictment of President Trump on 30 counts, including treason, and he and other integral cabinet members were apprehended by the FBI and detained in a SuperMax facility in Colorado.

The arrest of Donald Trump and others affiliated with him, along with the appointment of an interim government led by former Vice-President Joe Biden, caused a wave of violent clashes and riots across the Southeast, Midwest and other parts of the nation. Martial law was declared, and pro-Trump forces began an armed revolution against the interim government which resulted in a great governmental crisis, culminating in the dissolution of the United States after almost 250 years, after a referendum was issued across the nation.

This crisis spread to Canada, as Québécois, First Nations, as well as Alberta and British Columbia demanded more representation, funding, and power in the Canadian parliament, and after Prime Minister Trudeau rejected their efforts and after a brief armed campaign with the support of the French government on the Québécois side, and Native American groups such as AIM on the First Nations side, Canada was divided into multiple nations.

Mexico, gripped by a drug war, and political instability and corruption, was similarly divided as well.

Now the many newly-independent nations will look to increase their relations with their neighbors on the continent, and there may be newly-erected borders and perhaps even wars that break out between former compatriots.

Roster

Accepted Nations:

The Northeastern Federation- (NY, NJ, PA, DE, CT, MA, MD, VA, DC, VT, NH, RI, ME, FL)- BESB
Republic of California- New Cobastheia
United Gulf States- Crockerland
Federal Republic of Québec- Budraria (Quebec and Ottawa area)
Federal Republic of Cascadia- Duestchstien
Republic of Cuba- Guimar (Cuba and Puerto Rico)
Democratic People's Republic of Texas- Newne
New Scotland and Acadia- Japanada
Republic of Haiti- Dominion of Friscia (Hairi and Dominican Republic)
Union of American Republics- Tysoania
Provisional Government of the United States of America- Fascist Republic of Bermuda (Kansas)
Nahutal- Cristo

Reserved Nations:

Application to join as a nation:

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][b][size=150]Nation Application[/size][/b]
[hr][/hr]
[floatleft]
[b]NS Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once):[/b]
[b]Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above):[/b]
[b]Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled:[/b]
[b]Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned:[/b]
[b]Flag (optional):[/b]
[b]Population (optional):[/b]
[b]Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc):[/b]
[b]Your nation's recent history (if different from real life):[/b]
[b]A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP (totally optional):[/b]
[b]If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample:[/b]
[b]Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?:[/b]
[/floatleft]
[/box]
Last edited by British Empire Strikes Back on Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:59 am, edited 3 times in total.
A World In Disarray- 2017: Join Now!
Proud Jewish Progressive Democrat!
Hillary Clinton Is Our Legitimate President! Gore/Newsom/Sanders/Brown/Cuomo/The Rock 2020

"My daughter is a sex object, our favorite activity to do together as father and daughter is have sex.", Anti-Semite, Racist, Sexist, Mentally-Ill, Morbidly-Obese, Extremely-Low IQ, King of The Lunatics, Donald Trump.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Founded: Nov 06, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:21 pm

You should make a map, the abbreviation are hard to look at.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:21 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:You should make a map, the abbreviation are hard to look at.

I am on an iPhone so it is hard to make a map, but I will try. Would you like to reserve a nation?

Also lets try to keep some buffer/unclaimed areas for expansion for the nations.
Hillary Clinton Is Our Legitimate President! Gore/Newsom/Sanders/Brown/Cuomo/The Rock 2020

"My daughter is a sex object, our favorite activity to do together as father and daughter is have sex.", Anti-Semite, Racist, Sexist, Mentally-Ill, Morbidly-Obese, Extremely-Low IQ, King of The Lunatics, Donald Trump.

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:35 pm

British Empire Strikes Back wrote:
Monarchy of Japanada wrote:You should make a map, the abbreviation are hard to look at.

I am on an iPhone so it is hard to make a map, but I will try. Would you like to reserve a nation?

Also lets try to keep some buffer/unclaimed areas for expansion for the nations.

i'll reserve N&L, NS, NB, Pei and all of Quebec east and south of Quebec City. its small, but its home and theres no U.S states i can take.

[Eye key broke so for now i have to paste so i don't care about grammar.]

if nobody takes it, i may play as the Great Lakes Megalopolis instead.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:38 pm

Nation Application

NS Nation Name: Tysoania
Nation Name: Union of American Republics
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): President Emil Bedard.
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Prime Minister Katherine Dubois.
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: South Dakota, North Dakota, Nebraska, parts of Iowa borderlands, parts of Minnesota borderlands, parts of Kansas borderlands, parts of Manitoba borderlands.
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Unaligned.
Flag (optional): No national flag.
Population (optional): 4,500,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): United Nations.
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): After the breakup of the United States in 2017, the region suffered further breakdowns along county lines. This collapse led to the rise of small, county-based groups claiming to be sovereign nations. The Union of American Republics was founded when 5 of these micro-nations merged into a single union, which covered most of the interior of South Dakota. The size, economic growth, and relative stability of the UAR was attractive to its immediate neighbours, and most began clamoring to join the Union. Those who tried to remain independent fell prey to the new nation's expansionism and steadily increasing military strength. The UAR even began attracting migrants who had fled violence and hostility in the less stable areas of North America. The UAR now covers all of North and South Dakota and Nebraska, and has begun sending troops into the borderlands of Iowa and Minnesota in attempts to begin annexing counties in those areas.

The UAR occupies an agriculturally valuable part of North America, and is one of the foremost agricultural economies on the continent, with wheat and other grains being common sights on export convoys. This strong economic basis means that it consistently has the finances to maintain both a mixed economy and a standing army of professional soldiers; furthermore, it has begun implementing training of working-age civilians in military skills in order to have a wide variety of candidates for conscription. However, the lack of manufacturing centers in the UAR meant its pre-war tools and equipment were usually imported; going forward, it will be difficult for the UAR to continue to supply its farmers and soldiers without good trading relations. At the moment, however, the UAR Army can easily scavenge supplies from old USAF bases, and trade the many nuclear weapons in its territory for various goods.

The UAR is divided into three member republics, each following the borders of the old U.S states. Each one is governed by a regional legislature and headed by a premier. The federal government is also governed by legislature, but is led by the president and prime minister. The federal government is also in the midst of setting up a functional judicial branch, but has yet to enact anything larger than the new National Police, created out of the remains of the old National Guard and State Police. The federal capital is Pierre, South Dakota Republic.

Despite the UAR's best attempts at a quick reconstruction and normalization, the breakup of the U.S still echoes in every facet of life in the UAR. Bandits and border skirmishes have reappeared in southern Nebraska, while the federal and republic legislatures struggle to establish effective methods of governance in the UAR. The National Police continues to be plagued by internal power struggles and a swelling bureaucracy, leaving Army troops as the only means of law enforcement in the border towns; many of the UAR's citizens openly long for a military coup to restore a backbone to the government. Without any regulations dictating otherwise, landowners buy up vast tracts of farmland and lease them back to the farmers in exchange for an exorbitant rent; only the Republic of South Dakota has taken steps to stop this, by nationalizing companies and farms owned by these land barons.

Despite the occasional longing for "a return to normal", with the end of the corrupt United States government and the power to shape their destiny in the hands of the people of the Union of American Republics, hope rules the day in the UAR.
A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP (totally optional): Be a somewhat modern, expansionist nation, similar to the Midwestern USA in the days of Manifest Destiny. Also, engage in trading with neighbours.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=393948&p=30298010&hilit=fallout#p30298010
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?: Before the Presidency, Emil Bedard was an employee of a clown dentistry clinic outside Grand Rapids.
Last edited by Tysoania on Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:45 pm, edited 10 times in total.
The Cold War in 6 words:
Monsone wrote:the USSR is up to something

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:44 pm

[align=center]Nation Application

NS Nation Name: Monarchy of Japanada.
Nation Name: New Scotland-Acadian Commonwealth.
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): 'King' Ewan Benoit. (May just change to PM)
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Controls all of Quebec east, north and south of Quebec city, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward island, Newfoundland & Labrador and Saint Pierre and Miquelon.

Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: NATO.
Flag (optional): But the cross becomes a Saint Andrew's Cross, and the fleurs-de-lis becomes a thistle. http://img02.deviantart.net/5ec3/i/2015 ... 864nh5.png
Population: 4,000,000.
Is your nation in any supranational organization: NATO and UN.
Your nation's recent history: The New Scotland-Acadian Commonwealth was formed sometime after the collapse of Canada, uniting Atlantic Canada, but Pro-Canadian [They didn't rebel.] Quebec administrative regions also became their own nation due to the legitimate Canadian government having control over them, but this wouldn't last long because they couldn't rely on the Maritime provinces to fall back on. The Atlantican government annexed those areas instead of Quebec due to having stronger military influence and the collapsing Canadian administration didn't want French fries to have a stronger grasp on the already collapsing country so transferred the last lands they had to Atlantica. Saint Pierre and Miquelon was attacked by the fleeing forces since their was nowhere else to go, but also attempted to force control over several Newfoundland ports to establish themselves. France was unprepared, even if reclaiming it wouldn't be hard, so the Atlantican Navy, in both retaliation and peacekeeping kicked the captors out. To smooth relations in this unsteady nation which was divided, a union was created in the form of the New Scotland-Acadian Commonwealth with a king representing Atlantica, and a queen for the French parts of the country. To address other previous national issues faced by Canada, aboriginal peoples, the First Nations and Inuit were also given representation through the government and improving conditions and preserving Culture became one of the first priorities. The people were pleased. A large focus has also been placed on tourism, restoring the aquatic environment and IT/IoT. So far integration has gone unexpectedly well, and the Commonwealth's land was the least poorly effected by war, with the highest quality of life.
Last edited by Monarchy of Japanada on Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:25 pm, edited 8 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:46 pm

Tysoania wrote:
Nation Application

NS Nation Name: Tysoania
Nation Name: Union of American Republics
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): President Emil Bedard.
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): See above.
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: South Dakota, North Dakota, Kansas, parts of Iowa, parts of Minnesota
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Unaligned.
Flag (optional): No national flag.
Population (optional): 11,500,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): United Nations.
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): After the breakup of the United States in 2017, the region suffered further breakdowns along county lines. This collapse led to the rise of small, county-sized nations claiming to be sovereign nations. The Union of Republics was founded when 5 of these micro-nations merged into a single union, which covered most of the interior of South Dakota. The size and relative stability of the UOR was attractive to its immediate neighbours, and most began clamoring to join the Union. Those who tried to remain independent fell prey to the new nation's expansionism. The UOR now covers all of North and South Dakota and Kansas, and has begun sending troops into Iowa and Minnesota in advance of a much larger invasion.
A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP (totally optional): Be a relatively primitive, expansionist nation, similar to the Midwestern USA in the days of Manifest Destiny. Also, engage in trading with neighbours.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=393948&p=30298010&hilit=fallout#p30298010
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?: No.

Accepted!

Maybe the Northeast Federation and your nation could be allies?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:47 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:

Nation Name: New Scotland and Acadia.
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once):
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above):
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Controls all of Quebec east and south of Quebec city, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward island, Newfoundland & Labrador and Saint Pierre and Miquelon

Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned:
Flag (optional):
Population (optional):
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc):
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life):
A synopsis of your plan for your nation in this RP (totally optional):
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample:
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?:

wip

Accepted!

Are you going to be mostly Anglophone of Francophone?

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:48 pm

My nation is going to basically be the remnants of the Obama administration/the former Us government and I will try to position myself as the most-legitimate successor to the United States. But with that said I hope to be allies with most of my neighbors.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:49 pm

British Empire Strikes Back wrote:Accepted!

Maybe the Northeast Federation and your nation could be allies?

I see no problem with that at the moment. We can provide wheat and other stuff that comes out of the Great Plains, if that would be helpful to you.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:53 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:

Nation Name: New Scotland and Acadia.
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once):
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above):
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Controls all of Quebec east and south of Quebec city, Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Prince Edward island, Newfoundland & Labrador and Saint Pierre and Miquelon

Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned:
Flag (optional):
Population (optional):
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc):
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life):
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample:

wip

Accepted!

Are you going to be mostly Anglophone of Francophone?

Both. There are more English people (Mother tongue and ethnic), but not by a very high amount, so its balanced to the point both are equal.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:00 pm

What year is it at the start of the RP?

Also, how devastating was the revolt and collapse of the United States? A few towns pillaged or entire cities flattened?
The Cold War in 6 words:

Newne Carriebean7
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 08, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Newne Carriebean7 » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 pm

NS Nation Name:Newne Carriebean7
Nation Name: Democratic People's Republic of Texas (DPRT)
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Eternal President George Herbert Walker Bush, President George Walker Bush
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Chairwoman of Congress Barbra Bush, Chairman of Congress Billy Mayes, Congressional Majority Leader Rick Perry
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled:Entire State of Texas
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Russia/China,but much more towards the DPRK instead of china.
Flag (optional): Image
Population (optional): 27,900,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): none
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): With the dissolving of the american government in recent time, the State of Texas was torn apart by radical unionist loyalists and segregationists,who fought each other in the streets for days following the dissolution of the Union. Within this chaos in the State, the national guard was called out to keep order, and within a week the former Governor and ex President George W. Bush was elected in a wide margin for the Texas People's Front (TPF). Within the first few days of his power grab in office riots have erupted as he tore up the american constitution and rewrote a "Bush" like constitution, with limits on free speech and a large executive branch with only minor checks for a Legislative branch, with a watering down of the Texan People's Court to have slightly more powers than the legislature. He allowed the Republican and Democratic Parties to still be in there, but they were required to rename their parties to the Revolutionary Party and Dictatorship Party.
Build nukes
Make Texas into North Korea
Hold a Presidential and Legislative election
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: you know me
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?:DEAR LEADER BUSH IS HERE
Krugeristan wrote:This is Carrie you're referring to. I'm not going to expect him to do something sane anytime soon. He can take something as simple as a sandwich, and make me never look at sandwiches with a straight face ever again.

Former Carriebeanian president Carol Dartenby sentenced to 4 years hard labor for corruption and mismanagement of state property|Former Carriebeanian president Antrés Depuís sentenced to 3 years in prison for embezzling funds and corruption

Crockerland
Negotiator

Founded: Oct 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Crockerland » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:18 pm

Nation Application

NS Nation Name: Crockerland
Nation Name: United Gulf States
President: Mike Huckabee
Vice President: Ben Carson
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee, Oklahoma, South Carolina, and Kentucky
Flag:
Population: 45,807,944
Military personnel: 1,061,918
Recent history: After the fall of the US government, a tension quickly arose between the abundant black counties of the South and the white majority population of the states, with many African-Americans demanding more self-determination, so to defuse the situation, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Georgia united into a coalition and agreed to create a new state to grant autonomy to the black population; Alabama and South Carolina joined in on the deal, and later Oklahoma, Tennessee and Kentucky joined the coalition to combine their strength with their closely culturally related neighbors.
Last edited by Crockerland on Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:07 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Guimar
Secretary

Founded: Aug 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Guimar » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:40 pm

NS Nation Name:Guimar
Nation Name: The Republic of Cuba
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Felix Rodriguez
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Rafael Quintero
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Cuba and Puerto Rico.
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Nato
Flag (optional): Alternating blue and white stripes (like the cuban flag), with a lighter blue chevron and a white star in the middle (like Puerto Rico)
Population (optional): 14.8 million.
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): No
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): When the long time Dictator of the Cuban isle perished, a massive power vacuum spawned out of major discontent and unrest with Fidel Castro's rule. The people thought that since Raul Castro had served alongside Fidel, Cuba was going to continue being the impoverished wasteland it was for over 50 years. When Raul Castro was named successor of his brother, that was the last straw for the Cuban People. Revolutionary ideals were engraved into most of the islands population, with the revolution gaining massive support from the power lower class-which encompassed much, if not most, of Cuba. The military could not do much, with a 2 battles deciding the fate of the main Island, The Battles of Pinar del Rio and Baracoa. The Revolutionary side, led by former CIA operative and Cuban National Felix Rodriguez, and bay of pigs veteran Rafael Quintero, basked in support of numerous western countries and supranational organisations, such as the EU, the United States, and NATO. With the Communist side only having the support of long time ally Venezuela, and some Arab Countries, it had little to no chance on the mainland against the well supplied and trained side of the republicanos, republicans, which is what the Revolutionaries were dubbed. The Communist government and its unhappy and ill supplied army hunkered down on the island of pines, or isla de los pinos in Spanish. After 3 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days of the communist side helplessly holding itself together by threads, in this case oil and supplies from Venezuela, it declared its surrender, and the Republican Forces had won the battle, and successfully instituted a Republican Form of government. The leader of the revolution, having huge popularity accross the island, won the elections with an overwhelming vote--85%. Rodriguez' closest competitor was a castroist by the name of Martin Castro, who suffered the same fate as his older brother Raul. Death. With Cuba being democratised, its economy began to exponentially grow as capitalism was introduced. When the civil war broke out in the United States, the Cuban Government saw an opportunity to seize the Puerto Rican isle, and it did with little to no response from the US Army, which was occupied in the mainland. It did find itself occupied with a small revolution in the isle, but it was quickly put down when its inhabitants saw that they were given full representation and equality with their Cuban Neighbours.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=422761
Last edited by Guimar on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Cobastheia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Cobastheia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:48 pm

Could I reserve Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, West Virginia, the Part of Minnesota that is east of the Mississippi, and Southern Ontario?
Last edited by New Cobastheia on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Crockerland wrote:
Nation Application

NS Nation Name: Crockerland
Nation Name: United Gulf States
President: Mike Huckabee
Vice President: Ben Carson
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Arkansas, Tennessee
Flag:
(Image)
Population: 53,095,944
Military personnel: 1,061,918
Recent history: After the fall of the US government, a tension quickly arose between the abundant black counties of the South and the white majority population of the states, with many African-Americans demanding more self-determination, so to defuse the situation, Louisiana, Arkansas, Mississippi and Georgia united into a coalition and agreed to create a new state to grant autonomy to the black population; Alabama and Tennessee joined in on the deal, and Florida joined the coalition to combine it's strength with it's closely culturally related neighbors.

Accepted excluding Florida (which I claimed unfortunately).

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:49 pm

Newne Carriebean7 wrote:

NS Nation Name:Newne Carriebean7
Nation Name: Democratic People's Republic of Texas (DPRT)
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Eternal President George Herbert Walker Bush, President George Walker Bush
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Chairwoman of Congress Barbra Bush, Chairman of Congress Billy Mayes, Congressional Majority Leader Rick Perry
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled:Entire State of Texas
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Russia/China,but much more towards the DPRK instead of china.
Flag (optional): (Image)
Population (optional): 27,900,000
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): none
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): With the dissolving of the american government in recent time, the State of Texas was torn apart by radical unionist loyalists and segregationists,who fought each other in the streets for days following the dissolution of the Union. Within this chaos in the State, the national guard was called out to keep order, and within a week the former Governor and ex President George W. Bush was elected in a wide margin for the Texas People's Front (TPF). Within the first few days of his power grab in office riots have erupted as he tore up the american constitution and rewrote a "Bush" like constitution, with limits on free speech and a large executive branch with only minor checks for a Legislative branch, with a watering down of the Texan People's Court to have slightly more powers than the legislature. He allowed the Republican and Democratic Parties to still be in there, but they were required to rename their parties to the Revolutionary Party and Dictatorship Party.
Build nukes
Make Texas into North Korea
Hold a Presidential and Legislative election
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: you know me
Bonus Line! Would you like to add anything?:DEAR LEADER BUSH IS HERE

Accepted!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:50 pm

Guimar wrote:

NS Nation Name:Guimar
Nation Name: The Republic of Cuba
Head of State/Monarch/President (if both are the same fill out once): Felix Rodriguez
Head of Government/Prime Minister/Vice President(See above): Rafael Quintero
Areas Claimed and Areas Controlled: Cuba and Puerto Rico.
Does your nation lean towards NATO, Russia/China, or unaligned: Nato
Flag (optional): Alternating blue and white stripes (like the cuban flag), with a lighter blue chevron and a white star in the middle (like Puerto Rico)
Population (optional): 14.8 million.
Is your nation in any supranational organization (EU, ASEAN, Eurasian Union, etc): No
Your nation's recent history (if different from real life): When the long time Dictator of the Cuban isle perished, a massive power vacuum spawned out of major discontent and unrest with Fidel Castro's rule. The people thought that since Raul Castro had served alongside Fidel, Cuba was going to continue being the impoverished wasteland it was for over 50 years. When Raul Castro was named successor of his brother, that was the last straw for the Cuban People. Revolutionary ideals were engraved into most of the islands population, with the revolution gaining massive support from the power lower class-which encompassed much, if not most, of Cuba. The military could not do much, with a 2 battles deciding the fate of the main Island, The Battles of Pinar del Rio and Baracoa. The Revolutionary side, led by former CIA operative and Cuban National Felix Rodriguez, and bay of pigs veteran Rafael Quintero, basked in support of numerous western countries and supranational organisations, such as the EU, the United States, and NATO. With the Communist side only having the support of long time ally Venezuela, and some Arab Countries, it had little to no chance on the mainland against the well supplied and trained side of the republicanos, republicans, which is what the Revolutionaries were dubbed. The Communist government and its unhappy and ill supplied army hunkered down on the island of pines, or isla de los pinos in Spanish. After 3 months, 2 weeks, and 4 days of the communist side helplessly holding itself together by threads, in this case oil and supplies from Venezuela, it declared its surrender, and the Republican Forces had won the battle, and successfully instituted a Republican Form of government. The leader of the revolution, having huge popularity accross the island, won the elections with an overwhelming vote--85%. Rodriguez' closest competitor was a castroist by the name of Martin Castro, who suffered the same fate as his older brother Raul. Death. With Cuba being democratised, its economy began to exponentially grow as capitalism was introduced. When the civil war broke out in the United States, the Cuban Government saw an opportunity to seize the Puerto Rican isle, and it did with little to no response from the US Army, which was occupied in the mainland. It did find itself occupied with a small revolution in the isle, but it was quickly put down when its inhabitants saw that they were given full representation and equality with their Cuban Neighbours.
If you have not been in one of my RPs before, or I don't know you, please provide an RP sample: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=422761

Accepted!

I hope that we can be close allies!

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:51 pm

Tysoania wrote:What year is it at the start of the RP?

Also, how devastating was the revolt and collapse of the United States? A few towns pillaged or entire cities flattened?

The same time as now IRL.

It was more devastating in the areas where Trump had more supporters, i.e. rural areas in the South and Rust Belt, with some towns pillaged and some destroyed. Not too bad though.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:53 pm

I am drawing up a map as we speak.

I may call my nation officially The North American Union or something like that to make it clear that I am to be considered the successor to the former US government. Also any US territories that are unclaimed (US Virgin Islands for instance) could be transferred to me as I control DC.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby British Empire Strikes Back » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:53 pm

New Cobastheia wrote:Could I reserve Ohio, Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Wisconsin, West Virginia, the Part of Minnesota that is east of the Mississippi, and Southern Ontario?

Sure, just make an app within 72 hours and you'll be good.

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:06 pm

Tysoania wrote:What year is it at the start of the RP?

The same time as now IRL.

It was more devastating in the areas where Trump had more supporters, i.e. rural areas in the South and Rust Belt, with some towns pillaged and some destroyed. Not too bad though.

Alright. I'm going to due some History fine-tuning, then, if you don't mind.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Monarchy of Japanada
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Monarchy of Japanada » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm

What can by country be, what can it do....

Tysoania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Tysoania » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:21 pm

Monarchy of Japanada wrote:What can by country be, what can it do....

It could be trying to annex northern Quebec and parts of Nunavut.
The Cold War in 6 words:

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse