NATION

PASSWORD

Innocent (Horror RP) OOC/CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:46 am

Valentine Z wrote:All-righty! After some constructive feedback from you guys, I made a few changes now. Do check it out! :)

Link to my app: viewtopic.php?p=32477214#p32477214

Cool. Accepted.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:22 am

Valentine Z wrote:All-righty! After some constructive feedback from you guys, I made a few changes now. Do check it out! :)

Oh gosh the nickname. Oh gosh I hate that word. I don't know why. I've hated it for so long now. *shudders*

Also, if she was born in Japan and lived in Japan for so long, why would her Japanese be rusty? :eyebrow:

I'm just imagining Rosemary becoming a very big-sisterly figure to Kennedy if she ever finds out. Those two need hugs, but perhaps shouldn't get them because it might be upsetting.
Last edited by Charlia on Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:24 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Granis wrote:
Ok, done. I feel I should mention that he's actually 14 though, not 15, so I might end up changing the height again to reflect that.

Radical. Accepted.

The Valyria Empire wrote:[box]Name: Christian "The Grey Wizard" Lowe

My main problem is that the nickname is kind of silly, and max age is 16. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

The nickname is just something his D&D buds gave him. It's not something he uses outside of their meetings. The age is also changed.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:39 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:
Kentucky Fried Land wrote:Radical. Accepted.

My main problem is that the nickname is kind of silly, and max age is 16. Other than that, it looks pretty good.

The nickname is just something his D&D buds gave him. It's not something he uses outside of their meetings. The age is also changed.

Rad. Accepted.

Rygondria
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Rygondria » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:54 am

Kinda want to make a character with tastes that do not fit with the times, say he is into vinyl records and possibly disco which added with the nature of highschool would kinda isolate him from the more up to date people which could make him an outcast of sorts.

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:57 am

Edited my app a bit.
don't tread on me

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:30 am

Forest State wrote:Edited my app a bit.

Rad. Accepted.

Omega Cyber-collective
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Omega Cyber-collective » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:41 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Omega Cyber-collective wrote:Name: Albert Richards

Few issues. First off, the bio is supposed to be two paragraphs. You have five sentences. Secondly, your personality leaves a bit to be desired, as does the appearance. Also, his strength is that he notices things on almost a Sherlock Holmes level? That's a bit... insane. His weaknesses and strengths are a bit... small.

I'll work on the app, as for the bio, do you have any tips for things I can write about?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:51 am

Omega Cyber-collective wrote:I'll work on the app, as for the bio, do you have any tips for things I can write about?

Add description. Where was he born? What more can you say about his parents, such as how his mother died and how that affected the family? Is he an only child? Why is he anti-social? Is it because they moved a lot? Why is he interested in tinkering? How's life in Bedfield? Where do they live now? What's their new home like? There's a lot that you can add. Sure, not all of it matters of will be important to the story, but it gives Albert more of a backstory and can help explain why he is how he is.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:46 pm

The IC'll be up soon, just a heads up to everyone.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:50 pm

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:The IC'll be up soon, just a heads up to everyone.

Outward reaction: This is an acceptable tribute. You may live.

Inward reaction: *happy dance party*

So, uh, basically I'm excited.

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:52 pm

Charlia wrote:

Oh gosh the nickname. Oh gosh I hate that word. I don't know why. I've hated it for so long now. *shudders*

Also, if she was born in Japan and lived in Japan for so long, why would her Japanese be rusty? :eyebrow:

It can happen if you use it lesser and lesser, and live in some country since young. It's been happening to me, as in, I'm having difficulty with Burmese after 11 years in Singapore. Talking is fine, but writing and reading needs some assistance.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:09 am

Name: Marco Ryder
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Personality: Marco, occasionally referred to as Marc, usually comes across as a genuinely nice and caring person however this can often only extend to his friends, something he does not have too many of. On the other hand he can be irritable and not afraid of being blunt even if this makes him seem like not the nicest person. He's introverted and hates situations that force him to be more sociable than he would prefer. Family situations are the absolute worst, especially considering how on and off his relationship with many of them can be. He has his own way of doing things, and doesn't like being made do otherwise. However this is also somewhat of a weakness

Bio (two paragraphs at least): Marco was born in Kansas City in 1977. His father was a Bedfield native who had relocated to the city for a better job opportunity, something he had achieved by becoming a lawyer. His mother on the other hand is originally from Massachusetts, a second generation Bosnian immigrant. They might while both were on vacation in Miami. Evidently, Marco grew up in Kansas City where he stayed with his family for seven nearing eight years until the untimely death of his father's cousins in a electrical explosion in Bedfield. This prompted his parents to move back to his paternal grandparents. The new life in rural Kansas came at a huge change for the young Marco and his older sister Victoria. It can be said however, that his sister's experience was a far smoother one as she easily fit in with their new classmates. Marco on the other hand, struggled from the start making only three friends who to this day remain his only friends although one has since moved out of Bedfield to another state.

His father continued to work as a lawyer, spending considerable time in Kansas City even though his family remained in Bedfield. In school, he was never physically bullied, torment came instead in the form of exclusion or occasionally teasing. It didn't stop there though, his father and grandparents being quite traditional and conservative disapproved of most of his interests, pressuring him instead to be more masculine and take part in sporting activities, something he never enjoyed. Subsequently he has a low sense of self esteem and doesn't usually pay attention to compliments, believing them to be false, or forced. One particular low point in his families relationship came at the age of 14 when he snuck out of the house with his friends to avoid a dinner with extended relations. Marco maintains a close relationship with his sister who has covered for him on multiple situations even though it was not always in her best interest. The downside? His sister doesn't live at home anymore as she is studying at university in Boston leaving him isolated to deal with everything on his own. He's never been in a relationship, both due to his unpopularity and to the fact the opportunity has never really risen. He is definitely aware of his feelings for other boys, and lack thereof for girls, but this is another area he has had no experience in.

Strengths: Marco's a good listener, equally he's great at giving advice. Not that many people take him seriously enough to realise that. He writes really well and can be very creative.
Weaknesses: Struggles to take orders seriously, suffers from hay fever, doesn't cope well with social situations involving more than five people. He also has some issues with anxiety
Quirks: Marco will run his hand through his hair a lot or play with his sleeves when he's anxious. He is not the type to pick fights. He will also
Worst Fears: Insects with more than four legs, especially the crawling or scuttling sort, severe illnesses, deep water
*Likes: Writing, reading, art, clothes, music, Indian food, cooking, ice cream, history, dogs
*Dislikes: Most fast food, sport, religious services, family gatherings, a large number of his classmates
*Miscellaneous: Marco is pescatarian and lactose intolerant.
RP Examples:
Arman Khachatryan wiped the sweat off his forehead with his sleeve, the restaurant he worked in was at the moment busy. Very busy. This was probably aided by the fact that the torrential rain battered the windows facing the street like millions of gunshots and thus soaking everyone who was for some reason, still outside. The restaurant was popular anyway and the food it served was excellent but it still felt unusually full. Therefore the kitchen was being bombarded with order after order from new customers, luckily Arman and the other chefs understood and respected each other and so worked together in sync like a well oiled machine. That was fortunate, because had that not been the case then it would have been utter chaos at moments like this.

He added finishing perfection to one of the restaurants most advertised dishes before it was taking out by a waitress to be served. "Break time...at last,", Arman thought sighing and walking out of the way of the others. He was due a twenty minute break after such a demanding shift. Moving outside to the back of the restaurant under the shelter to smoke, he was very quickly made retreat indoors or risk being transformed into a sponge, solemnly blowing out a final cloud of smoke before closing the door and going back inside.

That rain was truly evil. It was definitely a better idea to go into the restaurant to make sure the door servers were handling everything smoothly. As it turns out, they were the flow of customers had halted (or rather slowed down) significantly. Thank god. "Is everything okay down here?", Arman asked one of them, while simultaneously staring at the water droplets streaming down the glass on the door. The young man whose name according to the tag on his uniform was Bruno, looked at him replying, "Couldn't be better actually, no ones turned up for ages!". His colleague, a woman called Anthea with shoulder length dark brown hair wasn't so cheerful about it. "Give it a while, sooner or later we'll be hit by another wave", she insisted. Either way, anybody who did arrive would have to go search for somewhere else. The dining room was full.

Just as he was preparing to head back into the kitchen so some other chef could take their break he heard it them. All eight of them. The bells, ringing loudly through the darkness, their otherwise clear sound muffled only very slightly by the thundery rain. Stopping in his tracks Arman turned around slowly to face Bruno and Anthea to share a grim look. This was serious. So much for not getting wet. "Alright then, what could possibly be going on that we get called out in this!?", he groaned nodding to the rain. "We better just go before it gets any worse", Anthea said sullenly proceeding to go and collect her coat, followed by the other two as the diners also had gotten up to leave for the town square.

The restaurant was very much central to the square so it didn't take that long to get there, on his way however Arman rather unceremoniously knocked into quite a few people, but that was hardly his fault there were a lot of people after all. Six apologies later he took one of the rare available spaces of the square before the podium where they would all soon find out just why there were here.

Vasu shivered in the cold dampness that surrounded him. He was not used to this climate. He quickly proceeded to pull his scarf further over his head to shield his face from the upside down tsunami as he walked on watching the dirty streets below his feet gradually transform into even filthier streams as he grew closer. He deeply regretted not investing in sturdier footwear, it may have made navigating the mess that bit more bearable. How much more bearable human waste and whatever other foul substances formed the sludge could be was a question he had no intent on ever dwelling on however. There were more important things at stake. Why he left the hostel in such ungodly weather in the first place was yet another question that happened upon his mind. "For air" had been his original excuse, not a convincing one for that matter, but an excuse nonetheless.

He hadn't made it further than two streets away before deciding to return back anyway. Bite'tour was a strange place. It was an ugly conglomeration of grey buildings, grey streets and arguably grey people, rain notwithstanding. Yet strangely, Vasu felt a sense of enjoyment from being in the city. It was exactly the sort of adventure he had been longing for when he left Guryshan all those months ago. Of course there were many more relaxing, tranquil locations he could have been but he was drawn to joining the Black Company as if being pushed by some invisible supernatural force. It wasn't an easy lifestyle by any extension of the imagination but what was ever easy in this world of inequality and uncertainty? It was common knowledge that Bite'tour was a hub for the most unsavoury activities something evident everywhere even if you weren't seeking it out.

Vasu was unusual here. Tourmen were for the most part malnourished, often sickly looking people with gaunt almost transparent skin paired with black hair and violet coloured eyes. Vasu on the other hand was clearly of a much different ethnic background. His hair was also black but that's where similarities came to an end. His skin was brown as where his eyes which were much warmer than their piercing Tourmen counterparts. He was dressed unsuspectingly with a lightweight dark grey overcoat over his beige shirt. Not that either of those would distract from the obvious physical differences between him and the locals. Fortunately he hadn't attracted much negative attention, he was sure he could defend himself if anybody were to pull anything. He kept his dagger carefully concealed should he need it, though he usually would prefer to fight without it.

Within a short time he finally arrived back at the hostel in which the group had been lodging to find the others had already began to gather with the Prince, their leader. Among them was the red haired Seinese, Vinaqa. He knew her from before joining the company, so it was curious they would end up her together. She had been a slave to an elderly relative of Vasu back in Guryshan, a prominent slaveowner in his community. He had freed all of his slaves before his death, bizarre and infuriating to the Ramjakar family who had been so very keen on obtaining the man's property. Naturally tension became strong between the family and the now free slaves, Vinaqa being one of them.

Also present was the ill tempered and bearded yet vital Gollome. Vasu suspected or rather, knew for certain that Gollome probably had an innate dislike for many of them and frankly everybody else too. Whether or not the dislike was one of sympathy was not known. Before Vasu got all the way over to the group outside the hostel, the Tourman suddenly bellowed to the gathering in front of him telling them to head to the gardens all the while offering a brutal yet oddly humouring reminder of what he would do to them should they not do so quickly. Not wanting to be force fed through his rear, the Guryshani too caught up to the group and followed them in the direction of the aforementioned gardens. From, Lost Souls
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:23 pm

Kwadai wrote:Name: Marco Ryder

Nice. Accepted.

IC is ending up being a bit longer than I had originally planned on it being. I have to head to work now, but if you guys want to sort out who's where and with who, then be my guest. IC'll go up tonight.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:30 pm

Is there anyone who thinks it would be reasonable for their character to at least be acquainted with mine? I want to figure out who she knows and doesn't know. Although being actual, good friends is highly unlikely... and even then, if your character is male, it's pretty much impossible. You'd need a really good reason. XD

Forest State
Senator

Founded: Aug 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Forest State » Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:58 pm

Charlia wrote:Is there anyone who thinks it would be reasonable for their character to at least be acquainted with mine? I want to figure out who she knows and doesn't know. Although being actual, good friends is highly unlikely... and even then, if your character is male, it's pretty much impossible. You'd need a really good reason. XD

I feel like Jeremy would at least know everyone while being friends with very few of you.
don't tread on me

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:01 pm

Kennedy is friendly to anyone she meets but wouldn't have anyone close, or at least no one she would confide in. Also, being the youngest, she would be more likely to spend time with the other middle schoolers as opposed to the high schoolers.

Kwadai
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kwadai » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:24 pm

Wouldn't our characters all know of eachother anyway? Bedfield is hardly going to be that big of a place where they wouldn't.
방탄소년단 | 엑소 | 블랙핑크
Gay male. Ireland. Language enthusiast.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm

Kwadai wrote:Wouldn't our characters all know of eachother anyway? Bedfield is hardly going to be that big of a place where they wouldn't.

They'd probably know of each other, but doesn't mean they're required to be friends or hang out often.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:10 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Kwadai wrote:Wouldn't our characters all know of eachother anyway? Bedfield is hardly going to be that big of a place where they wouldn't.

They'd probably know of each other, but doesn't mean they're required to be friends or hang out often.
Yeah. Especially if you're pretty much scared of everyone with a Y chromosome, which is most of the characters in this RP; sort of puts a dampener on any potential friendships in that department. Heck, Rosemary feels threatened by people in general--I mean, if someone up and decided they wanted to see what the deal was with her cloth accessory-things, there wouldn't be much she could do about it. She's kind of weak.

If I'm perfectly honest, the character she'd be most likely to be friends with or even somewhat comfortable around would be Kennedy, since she's a girl that's even smaller and weaker than Rosemary. Unfortunately, Kennedy is in a similar predicament when it comes to socializing, so Rosemary is basically cursed to have no friends.

You know your life sucks when it takes an It-style eldritch abomination to make it somewhat worth living.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:13 pm

Charlia wrote:Yeah. Especially if you're pretty much scared of everyone with a Y chromosome, which is most of the characters in this RP; sort of puts a dampener on any potential friendships in that department. Heck, Rosemary feels threatened by people in general--I mean, if someone up and decided they wanted to see what the deal was with her cloth accessory-things, there wouldn't be much she could do about it. She's kind of weak.

If I'm perfectly honest, the character she'd be most likely to be friends with or even somewhat comfortable around would be Kennedy, since she's a girl that's even smaller and weaker than Rosemary. Unfortunately, Kennedy is in a similar predicament when it comes to socializing, so Rosemary is basically cursed to have no friends.

You know your life sucks when it takes an It-style eldritch abomination to make it somewhat worth living.

Kennedy can socialize just fine, she just refuses to talk about herself so there's a distance that prevents her from having close friends to confide in.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:17 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yeah. Especially if you're pretty much scared of everyone with a Y chromosome, which is most of the characters in this RP; sort of puts a dampener on any potential friendships in that department. Heck, Rosemary feels threatened by people in general--I mean, if someone up and decided they wanted to see what the deal was with her cloth accessory-things, there wouldn't be much she could do about it. She's kind of weak.

Kennedy can socialize just fine, she just refuses to talk about herself so there's a distance that prevents her from having close friends to confide in.
All right, fair enough. Still causes problems, though.

Hastur
Envoy

Founded: Jul 01, 2017
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Hastur » Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:46 pm

Probably filled with a fair number of spelling mistakes, poor grammar and in general poor characterization. But I'd rather get this out sooner than later.
If there are any problems or criticism feel free to drop them. I don't really know much about the US education system, so I probably got the grades wrong.

Name: Brooklyn Ferguson.
    Sex: Female.
    Appearance:
Brooklyn Ferguson is a white female of European descent, having mid back length brunette hair and light blue eyes. She stands at 5'11 and weights 54 kilograms with a slender underweight build. In terms of noticable marks, she has a number of cut marks on her thighs from self multilation. Typically, wears grunge type of apparel with it being utilitarian in nature, things such as army boots, ripped jeans, sleeveless baggy tee-shirts, oversized knit sweaters and plaid shirts. One thing of note however is a US army Issue woodland camo M65 jacket, it's slightly overised, but she typically wears it with the sleeves rolled up to her elbow. It has the name tag “Colbert” attached to it, and a unit patch on the left upper arm.

Personality:
Brooklyn is an independent and idealistic person who came from an arguably troubled background. Being socially ostracized and mistreated due to things in which she saw as outside of her control. She projects herself out as a rather tough and confident person. Being rebellious, callous, antisocial and sarcastic, with her in some cases downright cruel and vindictive even though those are traits which she hates.

Underneath that mask is an insecure, self-destructive, volatile mess of a girl who overcompensates, has low self-esteem and internalizes a lot of unreleased anger and resentment. She fears the lose of control, embarrassment and rejection. Often feels that most people will simply jump ship when the times get hard, and has a hard time establishing real bonds with people around her. With her overall uneasiness with attachment and having a hard time trusting people. And while she may act like she doesn't have a care in the world about her own problems, she in fact does, with it being particularly easy to set her off with ridicule, particularly on her family life.

To that regard, she'll often react on negative emotions, which sometimes leads to violence or her making impulsive decisions. She also thinks that most people only now gave her a fair shake due to her friendship with Becky, making her jaded and scornful towards certain people, and typically tends to think the worst about them but goes along with it anyway just to fit in, letting it all slowly build up. Putting her in a very precarious situation.

Her friend Becky was her lifeline and helped remedy some of these issues, her disappearance has only cast her back off into the sea of depression that she once escaped from. Once again feeling hopeless and destined to fail without her best friend by her side, being conflicted by the thought of her running off and leaving her or by the fact that something genuinely happened to her. She hasn't given up all hope however, with Brooklyn being a good friend to those who know her, with her loyalty and generosity being nearly unmatched. With her being the type of person who will throw herself out there to help a friend in need, never back down from their corner, and simply support them or give them a shoulder to rest on.

Despite her feeling of low self-worth and negativity, she is a talented photographer who is creative, imaginative and most importantly resourceful. She knows how to stretch things to the limit and use what she has on hand to the greatest effect. She is also observant and analytical, having a keen eye for things, being both proactive and focused when she puts her mind to something. Something that may help her later.

Bio:
Born in Bedfield, Kansas on the 3rd of September 1976, between a former US military officer and a waitress at quick stop dinner, with the pair falling into a long-term relationship very unexpectedly due to the unwanted pregnancy. Brooklyn grew up largely in the more disadvantaged area of Bedfield, living in a largely dysfunctional and turbulent family home. During her infancy and early childhood, fights and arguments were common between the two, with Brooklyn being often caught in the middle, but there was a sense of stability within the household primarily provided by her father. With her having several fond memories of their relationship, as short as it was.

That quickly drifted off however when he left home when she was age seven and never returned. Leaving her to be cared for by her mother who devolved into serious alcoholism around a year later, adopting a largely hedonistic life style to try to break free of her own depression. It resulted in her mother chasing her own pleasure selfishly rather than caring for her daughter. The behavior resulting in abuse, Brooklyn often going without food and other necessities due to money being funneled into supporting her mother’s rampant alcoholism, and with her growing up around an array of varying different “step-dads.” With the most common factor between them was the fact that they never stuck around for more than a year, two at a maximum. The bad sicuatation at home quickly forced Brooklyn to adapt, making her more mature and developing independence from a youthful age.

Naturally, these difficulties quickly affected her in academics. In started in Elementary school, with her being often teased and picked on by the other children due to lacking in what other kids had and her strange, isolated behavior. All of this made her somewhat of an easy target. She lacked friends and was often alone, but she managed to get by. But It only really got worse when she entered high school, being particularly targeted during the seventh and eighth grade due to her poverty and dysfunctional family, with a fair few rumors going around about her mother activities. The bullying hit her hard, and without a real outlet to express herself, she struggled with her emotions. She often felt worthless, unseen and generally looked down upon, struggling with hopelessness as she sunk into depression and self-destructive behavior, becoming more aggressive and violent. She frequently got into fights with other students and was suspended twice, which only resulted in only worse treatments at home, worsening her behavior and depression.

Things began to make a turn for the better however when she met Becky Garnett and discovered photography. The pair meeting during the Eighth grade when she by chance when she hid in the room used by the photography club to escape the bullies, and when everyone came in, she elected to stay. It gave her an outlet and a friend. The pair weren't all that different, with Becky living alone with her father and Brooklyn with her mother, both having dysfunctional backgrounds, it gave both of them someone who they felt they could truly express themselves with. Over time the two quickly became good friends, with Becky becoming a life line who helped her escape the social isolation, becoming sort of popular purely thanks to association. The hobby of photography gave her hope, a drive which helped keep her mind off of the negative issues.

Throughout ninth grade and tenth grade she barely left Becky's side, becoming somewhat of her sidekick. It easily shaped up to be the best years of her life. It was the two of them against the world, they needed each other. Towards the end of spring break however, things began to get rather weird. Becky quickly became unhinged and something was getting to her. Whenever Brooklyn pushed the subject however, she was pushed away. They began spending less and less time together as Becky distanced herself from not only Brooklyn, but from everyone else. It put a strain on their relationship, and by June 1st her life line was completely cut when Becky completely dropped off the face of the earth. The police said that she ran away from home, but Brooklyn knew something was wrong, or at least, she assumed so. Over the course of the week, the feeling of hopelessness and depression resurged as she faced being left alone by only the person she considered her real friend, the streets becoming filled with posters of Becky's face as the local police did nothing to try to find her. It wasn't long before Brooklyn decided to take things into her own hands, starting with the hunt for her journal.

Strengths:
  • Brooklyn has a natural talent when it comes to photography. She has an eye for the composition and lighting of a shot, and can generally take very good pictures. Due to this, she is alert and has a very analytical eye, often picking up on things that others may miss in the environment. She also has a very natural instinct when it comes to sensing when something is off kilter.
  • She is also highly resourceful. She grew up in a household in which her mother funneled all the families' money into her own hedonistic desires, which resulted in Brooklyn becoming able to stretch things to the limits. She is wasteful and can come up with uses for everyday items that others might not think of.
  • Lastly, Brooklyn is pretty tough. She suffered physical abuse, not to mention that she has been in her fair share of fights. While not strong, she does have a high pain threshold and can generally take whatever comes her way.
    Weaknesses:
  • Emotionally, she is a wreck. She struggles with depression, is particularly volatile and off kilter due to years of instability, abuse and social rejection. She has some trouble bonding with people and generally fears the worst, keeping up callous front to avoid such issues, which she remedies sometimes self medication and self harm, which she uses to relieve emotional pain and stress.
  • Will react very negatively when her home is brought up. Particularly when framed around the factors of why her real father left and her promiscuous drunken excuse for a mother.
  • Her self-destructive attitude will often result in her placing herself in harms way.
  • has a prejudice towards rich and middle class kids due to her treatment in school.
    Quirks: Brooklyn smokes cigarettes seemly frequently and even likes to chain smokes when stressed out, which she often steals them from her family. She also hates alcohol, the smell of it inparticular.
    Worst Fears:She fears rejection, but in terms of more real fear, she fears drowning, following her falling into the lake during one winter, in which she almost died. As a result, she is uncomfortable around large bodies of water and typically avoids them when possible.
    Miscellaneous:
Carries around a fairly beat up Nikon FM2 with a simple leather strap.
    RP Examples:Refer to the bio and this
Last edited by Hastur on Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Granis
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 17, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Granis » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm

Charlia wrote:Is there anyone who thinks it would be reasonable for their character to at least be acquainted with mine? I want to figure out who she knows and doesn't know. Although being actual, good friends is highly unlikely... and even then, if your character is male, it's pretty much impossible. You'd need a really good reason. XD

Well, with Adrien's personality and reputation, he probably won't actually have any friends at the start. However, if you want to help me in some contrived way, maybe he could beat up someone who was bullying Rosemarie and finally actually make a friend?
Last edited by Granis on Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:17 pm

Hastur wrote:...

I'll finish looking over the app in a bit (just need to read the bio). Everything looks good so far.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse