NATION

PASSWORD

Innocent (Horror RP) OOC/CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:57 pm

Danceria wrote:Is it all right with some of y'all if my character knows some people? He's sort of the laid back "he knows err'y body and err'ybody knows him" type.
If Rosemary is accepted, I'd be fine if they were acquainted with each other. She doesn't have any real friendships though.

Nea Byzantia
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 03, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Nea Byzantia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:02 pm

Name: John Braggart
Sex: Male
Appearance:Image
Personality: John Braggart is stubborn but quiet. If any other boy crosses him (John was taught never to hit girls), John prefers to let his fists do the talking. He has frequently been suspended from school for getting into fights all the time. However, John merely wishes to remain on the farm and so is not overly concerned about all his suspensions or his bad behavior. John will, despite his quiet nature, pick fights with other boys, especially new kids, to test how tough they are. If they should be his equal, or better than him, he respects them. If not, he'll usually leave them alone too.

Bio (two paragraphs at least): John was born the 4th and youngest child of the Braggart family, which is one of the oldest in the town. He grew up on the family farm with 3 older brothers and was thus pushed around a lot. However, due to his feisty and hot-headed personality, he came to enjoy fighting, especially boxing, as he used to box his brothers when he was younger.

At school, John has gotten into lots of fights and refused to listen to anyone. Then, one day, he fought Thomas. Thomas actually beat him, knocking him out. Instead of being infuriated, as one would expect. John respected Thomas and the two became good friends.
Strengths: Tough, Big
Weaknesses: Loner, Bad social skills, Likes to pick fights
Quirks: He likes to dress like a hillbilly. He has a lisp when he talks.
Worst Fears: The Dark (specifically being in the cornfields in the dark), Getting injured on the farm
*Dislikes: Cry-babies, spoiled brats, know-it-alls
*Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):
RP Examples:

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:34 pm

Name: Kennedy Tindol
Sex: Female

Appearance:
    Kennedy stands a little under 4'8'' (142cm) and weighs about 73 pounds
    (33 kilograms). Wavy, brown hair is long and typically worn loose with straight bangs; eyes are a blue-grey. Thin and still very much a child physically. Some freckles but has no distinguishing marks otherwise.

Personality:
    An outgoing child, Kennedy is never not smiling and is generally a friend to anyone and to everyone. Kind, talks too much, and is entirely optimistic no matter the situation. Above-average intelligence but lacking in common sense; scatterbrained and easily frustrated. Is a tomboy despite her liking dresses, and the colour pink, and will play just as rough as the boys if not harder. Doesn't understand jokes and is quite literal about most everything. Doesn't like talking about herself. Unwilling to speak to others about her problems and would rather ignore the issue entirely. Hides being her optimism and lies.

Bio:
    Kennedy was born in Kansas City, Missouri, on July 2, 1980, to Joseph R. Tindol and his wife Patricia Scott, and would be the youngest of two children with her brother, Ryan, having been born three years earlier. Her father was a police officer and her mother a housewife, and although appearing like any other family, happy and normal, the marriage was slowly falling apart. Arguments were common as were physical confrontations. Kennedy was 5 years-old when her father left for good. Times were difficult with her mother working multiple part-time jobs if only to feed her children, but they made do, and for the first time in a long time they were happy. Kennedy's mother would eventually meet another man, and they would marry soon thereafter before moving to Bedfield, Kansas. The step-father was a king and gentle man, loving, and treated Kennedy and Ryan as if they were his own, and it wasn't long before a third child, Mitchell, was born. A normal family in a little town surrounded by cornfields.

Kennedy was 9 years-old when her step-father first molested her. The girl was confused, but even more she was afraid to tell a soul. Her step-father was manipulative, and Kennedy firmly believed that what had happened had been her own fault, and that to tell would to be punished. The abuse would continue and Kennedy would delve deeper into her energetic optimism if only to distance herself from what happened behind closed doors. A secret that only she and her step-father knew. Kennedy has adjusted to the torment, compartmentalized it, but she walks a fragile line, one that has grown even more emotionally unstable with the onset of puberty, and while cheerful to all who know her the girl is slipping deeper into an abysmal depression. Now 12 years-old, the sexual abuse continues, and yet to the outside world the family is nothing but normal. If only they knew the truth. A truth that Kennedy fears to reveal.

Strengths:
    • Above-average Intelligence
    • Energetic
    • Lying
    • Optimism
    • Snacks
Weaknesses:
    • Low Self-esteem
    • Motormouth
    • Puberty
    • Small
    • Weak

Quirks:
    Hides behind a cheerful persona. Blames herself for the molestation, and is afraid to speak out for fear of punishment.
Worst Fears:
    The molestation is made public. Also, heights.

*Miscellaneous:
    FAMILY
    Joseph R. Tindol (39, Father - Police Officer, MIA)
    Gordon Ables (38, Step-Father, Doctor)
    Patricia Scott (36, Mother, Housewife)
    Ryan Tindol (15, Brother)
    Mitchell Ables (4, Brother)

RP Examples: Co-OP
Last edited by Beiarusia on Sun Oct 08, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:42 pm

Alright, just got back from work. Let's roll.

The Frozen Forest wrote:Name: Toby Morgan

I like it, but Thomas doesn't know how to lockpick or break into houses. Just change that, and you're good to go.

Charlia wrote:Name: Rosemary Shaw(technically, her last name is Bradford, but if anyone asks her, it's Shaw)

I think it's an interesting app, but I have a few problems with it. First off, the bio isn't really that long enough to be spoiler tagged. Also, the spoiler tag is really long. Like, REALLY long. As for the bio itself, I don't really think that there would have been deaths happening to deployed soldiers in 1985. Perhaps find a different reason her father died rather than a KIA. Also, the bio is a bit vague. I get that that's intentional, and I get WHAT'S happening, but I kind of need specific details from the bio for the RP and the events that occur in it. Also, fears could be worked on. Step-brother is a good fear, but the other two are just pretty in general to all humans.

Nea Byzantia wrote:Name: John Braggart

I like the character, but there's a few things that should be worked on. The bio isn't really two paragraphs; just elaborate a bit more and maybe incorporate a few more fears in and that should get it to two full blocks. Other than that, I do like the character, though I doubt Thomas would be able to knock him out. Also, if you get knocked out, you're pretty much fucked. Like, that's coma level stuff. One more quick thing, spoiler tag the image.

Danceria wrote:Is it all right with some of y'all if my character knows some people? He's sort of the laid back "he knows err'y body and err'ybody knows him" type.

I don't mind for my character, personally.

Some pretty fair apps so far, I think. I'm excited to start this!
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:10 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:35 pm

So would a Nerdy D&D Senior (High School) be out of the question? Thought about making a huge fantasy nerd that only has a "friends" that he gets together with on Friday nights to play D&D.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:09 am

Kentucky Fried Land wrote:
Charlia wrote:Name: Rosemary Shaw(technically, her last name is Bradford, but if anyone asks her, it's Shaw)

I think it's an interesting app, but I have a few problems with it. First off, the bio isn't really that long enough to be spoiler tagged. Also, the spoiler tag is really long. Like, REALLY long. As for the bio itself, I don't really think that there would have been deaths happening to deployed soldiers in 1985. Perhaps find a different reason her father died rather than a KIA. Also, the bio is a bit vague. I get that that's intentional, and I get WHAT'S happening, but I kind of need specific details from the bio for the RP and the events that occur in it. Also, fears could be worked on. Step-brother is a good fear, but the other two are just pretty in general to all humans.
I mostly spoilered it so that people who would rather learn as they go can do that. But I can unspoiler it.

Hmm? All right. I'm no expert on that; I looked it up but it was kind of vague.

Okay. Will work on. :)

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:12 am

The Valyria Empire wrote:So would a Nerdy D&D Senior (High School) be out of the question? Thought about making a huge fantasy nerd that only has a "friends" that he gets together with on Friday nights to play D&D.

That's fine, but I wouldn't do a senior. I'd say the max age would be something like 16.

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:19 am

An 'It' inspired RP, so it would seem? I'd be down. ;)
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:20 am

Imperial Esplanade wrote:An 'It' inspired RP, so it would seem? I'd be down. ;)
I just hope that I won't be forced to look at clown pictures.

I hate, hate, hate clowns.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:30 am

Nea Byzantia wrote:-wowser-

Are you literally me? Like as in, I'm making the same type of farmer quiet character.

Charlia wrote:
If Rosemary is accepted, I'd be fine if they were acquainted with each other. She doesn't have any real friendships though.

More like he somehow managed work with her to do a half-decent group assignment (without speaking, earning him the dubious nickname of "The Introvert Whisperer"), naturally his twin sis teases and ships them together (much to his chagrin, and assuming ancillary characters are permitted, or if OP is a stickler for these tropes.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Imperial Esplanade
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Esplanade » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:34 am

Charlia wrote:

"Hey Georgie! Would you like your boat back?"
Busy, but I check TGs often.
Imperial Esplanadian Constitution [WIP]

New Orleans, Louisiana.
Nation Weebly/Wiki - Coming Soon
The Land of the Free - Admin Assist.

But the Lord stood by me, and gave me strength. (2 Timothy 4:17)
One of the keys to happiness is a bad memory. (Rita Mae Brown)
SAINTS | PELICANS | TIGERS | PRIVATEERS

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:38 am

Charlia wrote:

Probably no clowns. Maybe like, once or twice or something like that.

Danceria wrote:More like he somehow managed work with her to do a half-decent group assignment (without speaking, earning him the dubious nickname of "The Introvert Whisperer"), naturally his twin sis teases and ships them together (much to his chagrin, and assuming ancillary characters are permitted, or if OP is a stickler for these tropes.

Those tropes are going to happen, mainly because the entity itself is affecting the town (and adults), just like in IT.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:42 am

Swiggity swag, what's in the bag? Hai guys.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:51 am

Charlia wrote:I just hope that I won't be forced to look at clown pictures.

Plz no. Not the clowns.

Then again, Rosemary collects dolls and I hate those too. Not as much as clowns, though.

This is going to be horror both in-universe and out-of-universe, isn't it... *flails*

Anyway, edited app. Unsure what sort of details you were looking for specifically, but I did my best. Hopefully this works. ^-^

Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:11 am

Accepted.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:12 am

Accepted.
Sweet! Thank you!

I'm hyped for this. :D

Omega Cyber-collective
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Omega Cyber-collective » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:19 am

tag

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:41 am

Charlia wrote:I just hope that I won't be forced to look at clown pictures.

Danceria wrote:More like he somehow managed work with her to do a half-decent group assignment (without speaking, earning him the dubious nickname of "The Introvert Whisperer"), naturally his twin sis teases and ships them together (much to his chagrin, and assuming ancillary characters are permitted, or if OP is a stickler for these tropes.

Those tropes are going to happen, mainly because the entity itself is affecting the town (and adults), just like in IT.

My character is going to have a supporting family. They may not pop up much or live very long, but...
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Omega Cyber-collective
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 09, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Omega Cyber-collective » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:46 am

Appearance:(Image)
Personality: John Braggart is stubborn but quiet. If any other boy crosses him (John was taught never to hit girls), John prefers to let his fists do the talking. He has frequently been suspended from school for getting into fights all the time. However, John merely wishes to remain on the farm and so is not overly concerned about all his suspensions or his bad behavior. John will, despite his quiet nature, pick fights with other boys, especially new kids, to test how tough they are. If they should be his equal, or better than him, he respects them. If not, he'll usually leave them alone too.

Bio (two paragraphs at least): John was born the 4th and youngest child of the Braggart family, which is one of the oldest in the town. He grew up on the family farm with 3 older brothers and was thus pushed around a lot. However, due to his feisty and hot-headed personality, he came to enjoy fighting, especially boxing, as he used to box his brothers when he was younger.

At school, John has gotten into lots of fights and refused to listen to anyone. Then, one day, he fought Thomas. Thomas actually beat him, knocking him out. Instead of being infuriated, as one would expect. John respected Thomas and the two became good friends.
Worst Fears: The Dark (specifically being in the cornfields in the dark), Getting injured on the farm
RP Examples:

Not trying to be a co-op, but isn't legal drinking age 21?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:51 am

Omega Cyber-collective wrote:
Appearance:(Image)

RP Examples:

Not trying to be a co-op, but isn't legal drinking age 21?

Legally, yes. But teen drinking...?
Obligatory Quotes below

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:01 am

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:If Rosemary is accepted, I'd be fine if they were acquainted with each other. She doesn't have any real friendships though.

More like he somehow managed work with her to do a half-decent group assignment (without speaking, earning him the dubious nickname of "The Introvert Whisperer"), naturally his twin sis teases and ships them together (much to his chagrin, and assuming ancillary characters are permitted, or if OP is a stickler for these tropes.
Sounds good.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:04 am

Charlia wrote:
Sounds good.

*Insert obligatory slightly overbearing shipping that makes the both of them uncomfortable and could actually happen here*
*Insert witty remark about said sister's shipping antics will be the death of him*
*The OP will remember that...*
Obligatory Quotes below

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:05 am

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:Sounds good.

*Insert obligatory slightly overbearing shipping that makes the both of them uncomfortable and could actually happen here*
*Insert witty remark about said sister's shipping antics will be the death of him*
Yeah, well, good luck getting Rosemary to respond in any way other than negatively to shipping antics.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:07 am

Charlia wrote:
Danceria wrote:*Insert obligatory slightly overbearing shipping that makes the both of them uncomfortable and could actually happen here*
Yeah, well, good luck getting Rosemary to respond in any way other than negatively to shipping antics.

But of course, that's the joke.
But of course, it'd be a real shame if...
Jace Jamieson
Were to
Notice something was up...
*Drama intensifies due to spoilers*
Last edited by Danceria on Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Obligatory Quotes below

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:11 am

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yeah, well, good luck getting Rosemary to respond in any way other than negatively to shipping antics.

But of course, that's the joke.
But of course, it'd be a real shame if...
Jace Jamieson
Were to
Notice something was up...
*Drama intensifies due to spoilers*

Who?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse