NATION

PASSWORD

Innocent (Horror RP) OOC/CLOSED

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Kentucky Fried Land
Ambassador

Founded: May 11, 2016
Ex-Nation

Innocent (Horror RP) OOC/CLOSED

Postby Kentucky Fried Land » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:30 pm

Theme

Co-OPs: Beiarusia, Hastur

IC

“Unhappy is he to whom the memories of childhood bring only fear and sadness.” - H.P. Lovecraft

It’s finally Summer Break, 1992. You’re practically leaping out of school, rushing as fast as you can in order to escape any psycho bullies or to catch the cute girls (or guys) outside and perform an act of bravado to catch their affection. But no such thing has occurred yet; and anyways, you’re too focused on your escape from 9th grade to really get intimate with some fine looking people or some snot-nosed bully. Instead, you stumble across something much more interesting.

Looking at the poster stapled to a telephone pole, you notice someone familiar. A girl named “Becky Garnett”, her glowing teeth in deep contrast to the “HAVE YOU SEEN THIS GIRL?” in all red below her. This isn’t the first kid to go missing in the small town of Bedfield, Kansas; not the first child at all. In fact, it had seemed like a plague, considering all the kids going missing, especially in a quiet little town like this. Bedfield of course isn’t without its tragedy, but this? This is something else entirely.

But you’re not going to let it ruin your summer. Right?

Innocent is a horror RP based on It and Stand By Me. In it, you play a group of kids who discover something dark lurking in their town of Bedfield; a something that’s been killing kids. Whether these kids decide to go after the monster plaguing their town, or let it get away to try and prolong their fears as best as they can, it's unlikely things will be easy to them.

While this is a horror RP, it is also a coming of age RP. The focal point should be the characters and their relationships with each other, how they interact, how they care for each other, and how the events of the RP change them. While you choose what to do in the RP, it's highly suggested that you investigate the happening around town for the most fun.

Also note that your characters are losers, and while they might not be losers like you see today, they aren't popular kids. Shape your character around this.
1. Don’t be a dick, in OOC at least. Seriously, don't. Fights within the OOC, depending on the intensity, will result in you being kicked from the RP.

2. Don’t godmod, don’t metagame, OP and Co-OP word is law, you get the idea.

3. If you are going to be away for some time, please tell me, either in OOC or by TG. If you just go and disappear with no words spoken, I’ll assume you aren't coming back and let your character go.

4. You’re playing a young teenager in the 90s. So, act like a young teenager in the 90s. This shouldn’t be too hard.

Character Limits

One character per player. Once they’re dead, they’re dead. Some players have been given the option of two characters, which was discussed with them before. Anyone other than those people must used one character.

Character Sheet

Note: Lines with stars (*) before them are optional to fill out. If you don’t fill out one of the optional sheets, delete that category entirely from the sheet.
Note 2: Please delete everything in parentheses after filling out the character sheet, for cleanliness' sake.
Note 3: Be as DETAILED AS POSSIBLE. This is necessary to the experience.
Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Sex:[/b]
[b]Appearance:[/b]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Bio (two paragraphs at least):[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Quirks:[/b]
[b]Worst Fears:[/b]
*[b]Likes:[/b]
*[b]Dislikes:[/b]
*[b]Miscellaneous (anything else you’d like to add):[/b]
[b]RP Examples:[/b]

Credit to Galdius for OOC formatting, and to Beiarusia for the banner.
Last edited by Kentucky Fried Land on Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 am, edited 27 times in total.
I don't know what I'm s'posed to do.

INFP (obligatory? probably)

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:43 pm

Might join this one since I flaked out of Benthic Zone.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:56 pm

Will get an app up sometime in the next few days.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:15 pm

tag
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Valentine Z
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 08, 2015
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Valentine Z » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:18 pm

Ooh, now this I can finally get behind!

Will get an app up in the next few days too! Tag for now.

One question: What is "RP Example", in the last line?
Last edited by Valentine Z on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Val's Stuff. ♡ ^_^ ♡ For You
If you are reading my sig, I want you to have the best day ever ! You are worth it, do not let anyone get you down !
Glory to De Geweldige Sierlijke Katachtige Utopia en Zijne Autonome Machten ov Valentine Z !
(✿◠‿◠) ☆ \(^_^)/ ☆

Issues Thread Photography Stuff Project: Save F7. Stats Analysis

The Sixty! Valentian Stories! Gwen's Adventures!

• Never trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.
• World Map is a cat playing with Australia.
Let Fate sort it out.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:33 pm

Valentine Z wrote:Ooh, now this I can finally get behind!

Will get an app up in the next few days too! Tag for now.

One question: What is "RP Example", in the last line?

RP Example means a link to an RP post of yours so that writing skill can be determined. Typically such things are used if there is doubt in someone's ability, and I know that I typically only refer to an example if I'm unsure about someone's ability to RP. If your app is good then an example may not be looked upon.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Valyria Empire
Negotiator

Founded: May 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Valyria Empire » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:18 pm

KFCL makes a thread, of course I need to tag.

So everybody has to be in ninth grade or can they be from any grade?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:35 pm

The Valyria Empire wrote:KFCL makes a thread, of course I need to tag.

So everybody has to be in ninth grade or can they be from any grade?

Probably not limited to ninth grade but they shouldn't stray too far, and I think older characters are more likely to be denied than a somewhat younger character. Middle School would be a good mark to aim for.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:47 pm

May try to get an app out soon, but if i don't don't wait on me.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Monopoliania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Monopoliania » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:24 pm

I'll throw an app in here when I can.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:35 pm

Well, uh, let's see how this turns out. I need a new RP to join, anyway. *sigh*

I'm going to assume that, due to the nature of this RP, darkness will not be frowned upon... therefore I can flourish. *starts flipping through backstory ideas, muttering something about trauma*
Shadowwell wrote:May try to get an app out soon, but if i don't don't wait on me.
OH HEY IT'S MY GOOD BUDDY SHADOW, hey old buddy old friend old pal.

And Beiarusia! Who I only remember vaguely, but something is better than nothing, eh?

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:28 pm

Hm...cannibal, cult, pedophile, or Children of the Corn Demon ripoff? You decide!
Tag.
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Arengin Union
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Arengin Union » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:29 pm

taggity tag
"I do as I please"
-King Abraham Markev final words before jumping into a cage to fight a lion.

Proud member of the Federation of Allies

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:39 pm

Charlia wrote:Well, uh, let's see how this turns out. I need a new RP to join, anyway. *sigh*

I'm going to assume that, due to the nature of this RP, darkness will not be frowned upon... therefore I can flourish. *starts flipping through backstory ideas, muttering something about trauma*
Shadowwell wrote:May try to get an app out soon, but if i don't don't wait on me.
OH HEY IT'S MY GOOD BUDDY SHADOW, hey old buddy old friend old pal.

And Beiarusia! Who I only remember vaguely, but something is better than nothing, eh?

Charlia is here. In a RP. About kids. And dark things.
> MFW

I just want to be the loveable Sora-esque optimist and be the drill to pierce the heavens, or live a quiet life...
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 pm

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:Well, uh, let's see how this turns out. I need a new RP to join, anyway. *sigh*

I'm going to assume that, due to the nature of this RP, darkness will not be frowned upon... therefore I can flourish. *starts flipping through backstory ideas, muttering something about trauma*OH HEY IT'S MY GOOD BUDDY SHADOW, hey old buddy old friend old pal.

Charlia is here. In a RP. About kids. And dark things.
> MFW

I just want to be the loveable Sora-esque optimist and be the drill to pierce the heavens, or live a quiet life...
*smiles sweetly*

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:11 pm

Charlia wrote:
Danceria wrote:Charlia is here. In a RP. About kids. And dark things.
> MFW

*smiles sweetly*

You're the one killing the kids! To gain the notice of Edgelord-senpai!
Obligatory Quotes below

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 pm

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:*smiles sweetly*

You're the one killing the kids! To gain the notice of Edgelord-senpai!
I shall murder you all.

The Frozen Forest
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 12, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Frozen Forest » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:31 pm

Name: Toby Morgan
Sex: Male
Appearance:

Personality: Toby is all around a decent kid, from a young age he's been known to be quite imaginative. Most assume he picked the trait up from his father, who happened to be an author. His adventures around the town along with his fascination with heroism have had the side effect of making his courageous, even a little foolhardy. He does have the quirk of becoming jealous, which has led him to make a few enemies around his school.
Bio (two paragraphs at least):
Toby was originally born in NYC to an author and a real-estate developer. From a young age he was pampered with gifts only the rich could afford and overall his life was looking great. His relationship with his mother and father was strained however by the time they spent at work, he resented, he still resents them for that mistake. Toby didn't make many friends during his childhood, preferring time to himself than with friends. He had his first kiss at twelve and his first girlfriend at 13 (though that quickly fell through due to the immaturity of the couple}.

During his young adolescence he became fascinated by hero's, fueling his young imagination and propelling him to read comic books and other 'geeky' material. When he became fourteen his mother lost her job, his father died and he was forced to move out of the big city to the small town of Bedfield Kansas. His fathers death (from lung cancer) caused him to spiral into a depression, he only came over it going into the 9th grade the following year. He has very few friends and even less who'd like him if he didn't know all the perks of being wealthy, and having lived in NY.

His suffering was accentuated by his families newfound poverty and he was forced to break into homes and burglarize lightly just to get by. He's had a harder time with his peers, including a farmer boy whom he fought on first few days, leading him to get throughly whipped.
Strengths:
-He's a great liar, having lied and pranked many of the servants of his old NY home.
-He's very observant, a trait picked up from his old private school.
-Skilled at breaking into places, having had to resort to it in order to get by after moving.
Weaknesses:
-His lack of friends hinders him socially.
-His lack of a fatherly figure in his life, he doesn't know many things related to that.
-He's just recovering from a depression
-He doesn't have many street skills apart from breaking into places.
Quirks:
-Often taps his foot rapidly to entertain himself or to concentrate.
-Still has a few mannerisms of a spoiled rich kid
Worst Fears: Drowning, Falling, Spiders,
*Dislikes: Pasta, Bullies, the color Purple.
*Miscellaneous:
RP Examples: I have a few in my signature.
Last edited by The Frozen Forest on Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Add 3,981 to my Post Count

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:32 pm

Charlia wrote:
Danceria wrote:You're the one killing the kids! To gain the notice of Edgelord-senpai!
I shall murder you all.

Obligatory Quotes below

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:36 pm

tag

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:39 pm

Danceria, no pic spamming in the OOC.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Beiarusia wrote:Danceria, no pic spamming in the OOC.

Ok. I shall reduce my picspam into Urls...should be better?
Obligatory Quotes below

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:42 pm

Danceria wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Danceria, no pic spamming in the OOC.

Ok. I shall reduce my picspam into Urls...should be better?

At the very least SPOILER it.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:45 pm

Danceria wrote:
Charlia wrote:I shall murder you all.

-snip-
Because I can.

Anyway, here you go... Oh, and I have some pretty serious medical stuff going on at the moment, so I might disappear on occasion without having the chance to give a warning. Rest assured, however, that if I actually want to leave the RP, I'll say so. Vanishing into the aether isn't something I tend to do on purpose.

Name: Rosemary Shaw(technically, her last name is Bradford, but if anyone asks her, it's Shaw)
Sex: Female
Appearance:

Personality: Rosemary seems to be your typical shy kid, sits in the back of class, does her work but never speaks up, doesn't seem to have any real friends... Part of her isolation could be, perhaps, attributed to the fact that her name is Rosemary and, let's face it, most word association games that include 'Rosemary' are continued with 'baby'. (What were her parents thinking?) Much of it seems to be self-imposed, however. Still, she's never been the most noticeable person--in fact, the most noticeable things about her are her name and the fact that, for a long time now, she's worn strange cloth strips around her neck and wrists, as if some odd fashion statement. And even that can be gotten used to after a while--just another part of her weirdness. No wonder she doesn't have any friends, right? Even when she does talk to people, she's nervous around them. It's almost as if she's afraid of them...
Bio: Rosemary's father was a soldier, and on account of this, her early years were spent moving from place to place, with only her parents and the family's cat for consistent company. The young girl tended to stay by herself, preferring books, games, and other solitary activities to socializing. In the end, her best friend was really just her cat, leaving her devastated when it was run over by a car--she was only six years old at the time--and it was only a year later that her father committed suicide(he shot himself in the head, it was quite a gruesome scene), leaving Rosemary and her mother completely alone in the world.

Fast-forward about five years, and you'd eventually find yourself at a wedding--giving Rosemary both a new father and an older brother. Unfortunately for poor Rosemary, this wasn't nearly as good of a thing as it might seem. Her stepbrother had a habit of being emotionally abusive, but she never said a word about it. Her mother was so happy, after all. She didn't want to ruin that. So she stayed quiet and dealt with it, simply trying to avoid him whenever she could. Unfortunately, things grew worse. While her mother and stepfather were having their wedding night, her stepbrother crept into her room, threatened to kill the terrified girl if she made a sound, and...

No, you're not getting details for that.

Sadly, that was just the beginning of Rosemary's suffering, and she knew it. She couldn't sleep at night, always waiting for footsteps, for her door to open and the horrific events to repeat themselves. She had no way of knowing when it would happen--sometimes she stayed awake all night, waiting, dread filling her mind, for someone who never came. Other times, she had to endure again, and cried herself into fitful sleep, dreaming of monsters in human skin and bleeding, broken dolls torn apart at the seams. The unpredictability of it left her terrified to even go home after school, and there were many times she began to think of her father's death with something akin to desire. Everything would stop if she did that, after all. She wouldn't be afraid anymore. She wouldn't have to cry anymore. All the pain would just vanish, and everything would be okay again. The only thing that kept her from ending everything was the knowledge of how heartbroken her mother would be. So again, she endured.

She did her best to act like everything was normal, although she wasn't a very good actress. She withdrew even further, seeming afraid around most people and especially her stepbrother--and on top of that, she'd taken to wearing odd cloth strips for seemingly no good reason. It might also be noticed that Rosemary never wore shorts or short skirts, even in summer. Even when directly asked about her somewhat unconventional clothing preferences, her answers were always noncommittal. On the outside, she only looked a little unusual. On the inside, however, she was falling apart, although she never showed it--and if someone ever so much as put a hand on her shoulder, the look of sheer terror she would give them might be somewhat telling.

Oh, well. Surely nothing truly unusual was going on, right? After all, their family looked so happy together. And it wasn't as if anyone else knew how hard it was for her to fall asleep, how she spent nights wishing her door had a lock on it, and how, if one removed the cloth from her neck and wrists, one would find rather glaring bruises...

Then again, what you don't know can't hurt you, right? And as long as they weren't being hurt themselves, most people were ever-so-glad to ignore any irregularities.

Some things never really change, after all.
Strengths: Much less afraid of the unknown than she is of the world around her. A fast runner, and veteran of fitting herself into small spaces even when it really shouldn't be possible to do so. Intelligent, although she doesn't show it that much. Able to care for minor wounds. Good at hiding in plain sight. Has a large array of knowledge about the strangest things, due to how much time she spends with her nose buried in a book.
Weaknesses: Afraid of other people, and physically and emotionally fragile. Somewhat unstable. Very bad at lying. Ranges from 'mildly nervous' to 'extremely paranoid'. Severely allergic to peanuts.
Quirks: Gets annoyed when things are out of place. Prone to loss of appetite. Has trouble looking people in the eyes when speaking to them, and often stutters. Very easily startled. In terms of 'fight or flight', definitely prefers 'flight', or simply 'freeze'. Collects dolls, many of them broken in some way. Hates mirrors.
Worst Fears: Her stepbrother, most men in general, other people seeing her bruises, the dark(as in the darkness of her own bedroom when the lights go out and all she can do is hope that she gets left alone, and also night in general because they tend to be really awful for her, so, uh, just the dark I guess)
RP Examples: One of my longer and more light-hearted posts.
Last edited by Charlia on Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 pm

Is it all right with some of y'all if my character knows some people? He's sort of the laid back "he knows err'y body and err'ybody knows him" type.
Obligatory Quotes below

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse