NATION

PASSWORD

Times Are'a Changin': OOC Thread-OPEN (Superhero/WW2)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Times Are'a Changin': OOC Thread-OPEN (Superhero/WW2)

Postby Shadowwell » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:03 pm

Times Are'a Changin' OOC
Times Are’a Changing
WB — OOC(here) — IC

Throughout history there are records of people holding near magical abilities. These people were all superhuman or Supers as they would later come to be called. These stories and records were all relegated to being myths and made-up. This belief publicly changed in the early 20th century when, in 1917, a Super called the Colonel came into prominence. He was a Tank Commander taking part in the Battle of Arras: more specifically he was part of the assault on Monche-Le-Preux. The tanks assaulted the position in the middle of the night not knowing the assault time had been changed; they went in and for a while they were successful.

Then the defending force became aware that the tanks had no infantry support, and they stormed the tanks causing much devastation. That, however, was not the worst of it: the Allies had ordered a bombardment on the area. It was as he saw enemy and ally alike dying around him that his powers fully manifested. Up until that moment he was not able to do much actively, only being able to roughly sense where metal was. After that, however, he became capable of so much more. He lifted the charred carcasses of the tanks around him and formed them into a massive dome that could be seen by anyone observing the battle.

Prior to this the existence of Supers had been kept a secret, mostly, being only known of in rumors. After this they emerged into public view, both in their home countries and in the battlefields of the Great War. For a time there was much restlessness with the sudden revelation of Supers, but they did much good in the Great War, and during the period of armistice that happened in between World War One and World War Two. Soon enough nearly every major country of the world had their own forces of Supers.

During the Second Great War, every country involved, or nearly so, sent Supers in to fight. Some sent more than others, or sent them in secret on certain covert missions. While they were involved, they did not become a major part of the fighting until a covert mission discovered just why Germany and her allies had so many Supers. They had been performing experiments on people, to create Supers. Up until then having superpowers was considered a privilege of birth by many and luck. Nazi Germany was able to discover what it was that gave Supers their mysterious abilities.

Hello, this is an RP concept of mine, the setting will go throughout time, but this RP will only follow WW2, though many of the characters will have fought in WW1. This RP takes influence from the movie Watchmen as well as an online Web-serial called Legion of Nothing, which follows a young teenage MC, whom takes up the mantle of his grandfather who was a superhero in WW2. The action in the RP will start during January 7, 1942, not long after Pearl Harbor. The RP will follow the team, but the team members may fight at different battles and such, later on, separate from the others. Please read the rules and additional info and lore.

I have some links that may help with powers and character creation. Backstory Generator, another one, and bits from these generators could help as well. Some give general ideas; others do the same while describing the appearance and personality. More importantly here is the link to the Superpower wiki page for a resource concerning powers.

Code: Select all
    [size=150][align=center][b][u]Character App:[/u][/b][/align][/size]
    [b]NS Nation name:[/b]
    [b]Character name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Handle/Codename:[/b]
    [b]Nationality:[/b]
    [b]Appearance:[/b] (Pics or Description)
    [b]Alignment: [/b](Allies, Soviets, etc.)
    [b]Power Origin:[/b] (How did they get their power, Serum, experiment, naturally, or through their own tech?)
    [b]Power Level:[/b]
    [b]Powers/Abilities/Equipment:[/b] (What abilities as a metahuman do they have, if it involves tech, what is it, etc. Be thorough and have your powers fit a theme if possible. Add any other equipment, make it fit the era, but exceptions may be allowed as some Meta’s can create tech which is advanced for the time.)
    Use this bulleted list within the box to list your powers. Yes, you may have more than 3 powers/abilities; just add more bullets using two brackets and a star. Descriptions accompanying your powers would be great as well!)
    [box][list]
    [*][b]POWER GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of power goes here]
    [*][b]POWER GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of power goes here][/list][/box]

[b]Weaknesses[/b] (List the limits of their abilities here, if they have any, if not put any character flaws they might have, or put both if applicable.)
    [box][list]
    [*][b]Weakness GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of weakness goes here]
    [*][b]Weakness GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of weakness goes here][/list][/box]
    Backstory: (2-3 Paragraphs, more if this will be your rp sample. If they were in ww1, detail what they did and how they came about as a Meta.)
    [b]Permission:[/b]  (Could this character be used in the future, as part of the lore? If no, please say why, or ask if unsure.)
    #TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)

[b][u][size=150][align=center]Mission App:[/align][/size][/u][/b]
    [b]Date: [/b]When does this take place?
    [b]Location:[/b] where does the mission take place?
    [b]Mission briefing:[/b] What will happen? What is the team going into, what resistance is expected, etc.

[b][u][size=150][align=center]NPC App[/align][/size][/u][/b]
    [b]Character name:[/b]
    [b]Age:[/b]
    [b]Handle/Codename:[/b]
    [b]Nationality:[/b]
    [b]Appearance:[/b]
    [b]Personality:[/b]
    [b]Alignment:[/b] (Allies, Soviets, etc.)
    [b]Power Origin:[/b] (How did they get their power, Serum, experiment, naturally, or through their own tech?)
    [b]Power Level:[/b]
    [b]Powers/Abilities/Equipment:[/b] (What abilities as a metahuman do they have, if it involves tech, what is it, etc. Be thorough and have your powers fit a theme if possible.)
    Use this bulleted list within the box to list your powers. Yes, you may have more than 3 powers/abilities; just add more bullets using two brackets and a star. Descriptions accompanying your powers would be great as well!)
    [box][list]
    [*][b]POWER GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of power goes here][/list][/box]

[b]Weaknesses[/b] (List the limits of their abilities here, if they have any, if not put any character flaws they might have, or put both if applicable.)
    [box][list]
    [*][b]Weakness GOES HERE:[/b] [Description of weakness goes here][/list][/box]
    [b]Backstory:[/b] (1-2 Paragraphs, If they were in ww1, detail what they did and how they came about as a meta.)
    [b]Permission:[/b]  (Could this character be used in the future, as part of the lore? If no, please say why, or ask if unsure.)
    #TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)

1. Keep it Pg-13 and follow the rules of this thread and NS in general. (No Godmodding, Metagaming, etc) That being said, this takes place in war and it isn’t all sunshine and rainbows.

2. The Ops word is law and the Co-Ops are his enforcers. Three strikes and you are out, some leeway may be given.

3. No Overpowered Characters. While your characters will certainly be powerful and skilled, this is war, injuries will happen, perhaps even deaths. Most Meta's/Supers will be Street/Block Level, with possibly a few City, none higher, additionally Magic and supernatural beings are a thing, but will not eb allowed at this point, exceptions may be allowed. Please no more Immortal, semi-immortal, or functionally immortal characters.

4. Character limit of 3 characters. Rule may be stretched and does not apply to the OP or their Co-OP’s. For the most part, only the OP and Co-OPs can have characters with Axis, Nazi germany, Japan, Italy, etc. Additionally, though you can have characters influenced by, or based off of others, no direct expy's, or taking other characters from other media outlets or such and using that character or a tweaked version of or, or trying to pass it off as your own or such.

5. Don’t be a dick in the OOC, meaning no arguments; you can take any arguments to TG. Your character can act how they want within reason. Do not post OOC stuff in the Ic and no One Liners. also Mission apps are to stay out of the OOC, theya re to stay in the WB thread.

6. Do not alter the App in any way unless instructed otherwise, doing so will count as a strike and evidence that you have not read the rules. You can link to the powers/skills if need be, but give a description as well. You can remove the things in Parenthesis.

7. Most of your characters will be in their 20's-30’s or older, with some exceptions. I expect them to act their age. (Some characters will have been part of WW1, this rp takes place in WW2, which started 21 years after the first ended. It is 1942.)

8. If you will be gone, tell me or one of my Co-Ops. After 2 days of inactivity you will be TG’ed/Contacted after 5 the character will either be removed or given to another rper, possibly.

9. None of these rules are set in stone and may be changed/revised/added on to.

9.5 Have fun
Fun Fact, the Mercalli scale was originally invented to measure Government Held Meta's, then was later adapted to be used for earthquakes.

Block/Street Level(1-5): The most common and weakest grade of Meta, but still no slouches. Each can depending upon their abilities, defeat multiple armed or unarmed assailants perhaps even more. Some of the more powerful specimens of this level can hold their own against squads of trained men or even tanks.

City Level (6-7): Rarer than the first level, but still seen more than others. They can hold their own against hundreds if not more assailants. Some could potentially destroy cities, or their inhabitants.

County level (8-9): These Metas are nearly unrivaled, but extremely rare, usually only one will be seen in a County, or several counties, hence the title.

Country Level (10-12) Extremely rare, only one two have ever been seen, that were naturally born. No more than a few dozen are thought to exist.

These levels only measure raw power, but not the talent to use it, so some 'weaker' Meta's might be more capable than stronger ones. Some Meta's have also shown power increases through time and training. Not all lower ranking powers are weak, so to speak, it is rather biased towards abilities that are more destructive or requiring less training to use. Additionally, not all abilities are recorded or listed, due to obscurity and a lack of understanding about some abilities.
Metahumans have existed in some shape or form for many years, but the Nazi’s were among the first to do real research into what gave Meta’s their powers. Most Meta's, prior to the Great War, were born with their powers, but not anymore. Prior to the Germans, most experiments to make Meta’s were rife with guesswork, and what successes there were, were due to luck. The Allies have had success with certain types of radiation bombardment as well as the creation of certain Serums. These processes are not without Flaws, and most Serum Meta’s require regular doses to keep in top condition. Radiation experimented Meta’s are often more powerful but their abilities fluctuate.

It had been speculated, that Powers, passed through bloodlines, not necessarily the specific powers, but the potential to have them. Some people have shown to possess similar powers to prior Meta's in their bloodlines. Though Germany's experiments and such are more perfected, they are far from perfect in actuality. Most of the experiments leave physical or psychological flaws. They prefer to combine quantity and Quality, rather than settle for one or the other, this has its costs.
The Team as it is called, was originally the Number 10 Commando Squad, though it has existed in other forms, mainly in late WW1, though that team was short lived. Due to the overwhelming Nazi attacks among other reasons, the original team formed in 1940 did not alst long. The team has been reformed, as an Allied Cooperative force of Supers, now that the Americans are joining the War Effort. Military affairs of the Team are directed by The Patriot with The Colonel advising as needed.
Magic and things or a more Supernatural nature do exist, but they are largely unknown to most of the world and the various countries in it. Some are of course more inherently connected to the supernatural than others, but overall they are not that known. The only major countries that have significant knowledge of the magical and supernatural are the Soviet Union, and Nazi Germany and her allies. Most other countries simply view supernatural beings as being mutations or Supers with strange abilities. Not all supernatural Creatures are Magical or mystical in nature however. Take the well known of Vampires and Werewolves, for example. Some vampires, work similar to the more mystical vampires, but could be considered as mutations in a sense, as everything is more of a biological rather than a mystical nature. Despite the general lack of knowledge, there is not a total ignorance for most countries, just those that do know of the magic an such, keep it under their hats.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Sep 19, 2017 7:55 am, edited 7 times in total.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Last edited by Shadowwell on Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:58 pm, edited 27 times in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

reserved

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:15 pm

Character App:

NS Nation name: Anowa
Character name: Elsa Konig
Handle/Codename: Jaeger
Nationality: German (Insists on Wurrtemburger)
Appearance: Standing at 5'8 and nearing 165 pounds, Elsa has a notably athletic form, one which would suggest an abnormal amount of athleticism were she not a dhampir. Her body lacks much in terms of identifying markers, she lacks scarring or birth marks, but she does have faint freckles across her face and upper body.
Alignment: Allies
Power Origin: Genetically inherited from her mother's side.
Power Level: City Level 6
Powers/Abilities/Equipment:
  • Colt M1911A1
  • STEN MK.II
  • British Army Standard LBV
  • Enhanced Condition: As a result of her vampiric heritage, Elsa is stronger, faster, tougher, and generally harder to kill than a normal human being by several degrees. Lifting several times her own body weight, punching through reinforced concrete, leaping over containment fences, dodging bullets and snapping limbs like twigs are a number of capable feats.
  • Regeneration: When wounded, lsa's body begins to regenerate the afflicted area via a localaized increase in metabolism and stem cell activation. While total bodily destruction will kill her and blood loss will make her pass out, she is still capable of regenerating limbs or heavy cranial trauma.
  • Semi-Immortality: As a result of the same power which grants her regeneration, Elsa has not physically aged past 23 years of age. Combined with her current actual age, it is expected she may outlive the rest of the world.

Weaknesses
  • Reliance on Blood: As a drawback to her heritage, Elsa needs at least 2 liters of blood per week to avoid losing coherence and sanity. Either from blood bags or hostile combatants, it doesn't matter, so long as she gets it.
  • Salt Water aversion: She has a severe allergic reaction to any garlic -even if she doesnt ingest it, being in the same room can have problems-, enough to physically hinder her, but not enough to outright kill her. The same could be said for salt water, but it usually only affects her when she ingests it or gets it in her eyes.
  • Limitations of Regeneration and Medical Assistance: While Elsa can in fact regenerate any injury sans total eradication, it does require appropriate time and does have the expected draw backs. A hefty head wound will leave her an amnesiac for a period ranging from a day to a week, while limbs, missing organs, or other physical injuries could take weeks to fully heal. injuries such as gun shot wounds and lacerations will heal within hours, and broken bones in days. Oddly enough, her ability to regenerate does not transfer to other humans upon organ transplant or blood/plasma transfusion, nor can she turn other people into vampires/dhampir upon biting them, despite her canine's extended length and hollow tubes.

Backstory: Born to a Württemberg Noble and his Vampiric mistress in 1810, Elsa had an odd upbringing, being the only person in the castle with ornage eyes and sclera nearly got her killed several times by the violently religious times. Her mother thought it best to take her daughter -at the behest of Elsa's father as well- to British North America specifically the far western territory of Oregon.

It was in the fledgling colony that Elsa and her mother grew up as hermits, occasionally riding to the nearest fort to trade furs and other amenities, and also to occasionally feed. On a winter eve in 1834 luck caught up with the woman, and a collection of trappers found out about her mother's heritage, as well as her own. Her mother purposefully got herself caught, was lashed to a cross, burned alive, and had a stake driven into her chest, all so Elsa could escape.

With no map and no compass, Elsa spent the next four years traveling across Canada towards the east coast, hoping to board a ship and get back to Württemberg where she would hopefully be able to reconnect with her father. Her plans were slightly hampered, in order to legally cross the Atlantic she needed an exorbitant amount of money, and she was currently in no capacity to have a job. So she did what she could, and started work at a brothel.

This job managed to pay her way through live for the next six years, while she had saved enough to finally pay her way across the Atlantic. She spent a few months travelling across France (currently fighting the Franco-Morrocan war), and into her homeland. She finally found her father, now an old man, and requested some form of help, the help came in a small inheritance, an old fort the man had as a winter retreat. It was here she lived, relatively unnoticed by the world, with a small amount of servants to keep her company for the next 16 years, until the Franco-Prussian War forced her hand, it was then she moved to Venice, where she began a much more peaceful life as a blind seer. And although most of her predictions weren't true, she still made an attractive sum of money.

For the next thirty years she would travel Europe, staying just long enough that people would suspect of her heritage, but not long enough for them to act. All this while she was avoiding her impulses, trying to stave off the eventual rebound of her primal desire to drink the blood of a human being. She gave in by so little during the First World War. She spent a few months occasionally tasting the blood of dying Austro-Hungarian and Russian soldiers. When the war ended she nearly went mad, she wasn't able of feeding anymore and as such her mind became muddied.

Sadly, when the Third Reich started experimenting, they found the woman in a delirious and blood starved state. So they used that to their advantage. Grantign her a position in the SS, they all but kept her as a feral attack dog, operating on both the Eastern and Western front on many occasions, she started getting varying nicknames across the Allied and Comintern command structure, none of them positive.

It wasn't until late 1941 that Elsa started coming back to reality, years of back log on blood consumption finally made the woman come to her full senses. And she wasn't happy about what she was forced to do.

So the camp she was granted the right to feed off of spontaneously got a full platoon of POWs sprung, and over the next week and a half that Platoon slowly dwindled to just 12 men. Pilots, infantry, sailors, from all fronts and all nations. They eventually made it to Greece, through hundreds of miles of war touched fields and mountains.

And then she faced the Allies. She was given a deal, testify against Germany and their suspected war crimes and donate her DNA to science at the end of the war, and she would be granted the ability to strike back at those who held her for so long. She accepted, though she has other plans.
Permission: Maybe.
#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Monopoliania
Bureaucrat

Founded: Apr 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Monopoliania » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:18 pm

NS Nation name: Monopoliania

Character name: Slavik Nemetskiy (Славик Немецкий)
Handle/Codename: Papa Bomba
 (Папа Бомба)
Nationality: German

Alignment: Soviet

Power Origin: Natural

Power Level: Base Level 3, fully charged at Level 6. Can go up to Power Level 9 if he overloads.

* Fluently Bilingual: Able to speaking perfectly in both German and Russian, as well an inflect the proper accents of both a Berliner and a Moscovite, respectfully.

* Energy Absorption: Can drain energy actively from any energy filled source by touch, or passively through absorbing the radiation the energy give off. His Base Power Level goes up to +1 in hot weather.

* Energy Storage: Can Store the energy within him self to radically strengthen his muscular strength, and boost his natural regeneration rate. The regeneration passively decreases his Power Level.
* Energy Release: He radiates the energy out of him, either through heat energy or electricity. He can concentrate this energy to form waves or beams, or release it quickly in an explosive fashion. Alternatively he can transfer energy into anything he touches.

Weaknesses 

* Addicted to Power: Not absorbing energy for extended periods of time causes symptoms of withdrawal, making him very uncomfortable until he receives a large dose of energy

* Cold Drains Energy: He loses energy at a quicker rate in cold environments, draining his Power Level at an accelerated rate. His Base Power Level goes down -1 in the Cold.

* Energy Leakage: As he grows older, he begins to lose energy more rapidly. Additionally, he loses 1 Base Power Level every 15 years after age 45.
* Power Overload: Overloading himself grants him County Level power until he loses consciousness from the unbearable pain such power holds. After he goes unconscious, he violently explodes with a force equal to his current Power Level, and he is left severely injured, and nearly dead. He will be out of commission for a long time after this. Must drain from a massive source of energy to do this.

Backstory: (2-3 Paragraphs, more if this will be your rp sample. If they were in ww1, detail what they did and how they came about as a Meta.)

Permission: Yes

#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Character App:

NS Nation name: Cainesland
Character name: Millard Enoch O'Conner
Handle/Codename: Gentleman Ghost, or just Ghost for short.
Nationality: British
Ethnicity: Manx/Saxon
Appearance:
He is 5'6" 142 lbs and invisible, however as his clothes aren't I'll describe those. In a city he wears dress shoes with black socks, a dress shirt, tweed pants that go up to his belly button and that are held up by braces/suspenders, a sweater vest, a tweed coat, and an Irish flat cap.

Power Origin: Naturally
Power Level: 2.
  • Invisibility: Millard is always invisible. This is great for learning about friendly and hostile soldiers and has allowed him to take notes on both without notice. Being Invisible has also been great as it allows him to hide more easily. Millard has also been able to use his invisibility to spy on others to find out what they do when they think no one is watching.

• Knowledge: Millard has a good memory, is very interested in history, and has a fair knowledge of math and science. He can play the harpsichord, Piano, and the Violin. He can neatly write and type quite fast. Theodore spent many years learning military history and drill, and can perform drill very well as a result. Millard is Fluent in German and English, and novice with Latin. Because he learned German from his mom he speaks German with a slight Saxon accent. Millard is able to operate radios and listen to official lines of communication if he discovers the frequency and has a Radio. Having listened to lots of music he has some songs memorized. Millard can Ride Horses, and drive both Automobiles and Airships/airplanes quite well. Millard knows how to fire a rifle and has a fair knowledge of Government Bureaucracy and Military Chain of command as well after being in the Sea Cadets, Indian Civil Service, Royal Navy, Royal Air Force, and now the British Army.

• Spying: He is just as comfortable keeping an eye on allies as he is on enemies. Though when "spying" on allies this is usually just for fun, will leave if asked, and considers it less spying than keeping an eye on them. It is usually hard for someone to tell if he is spying on them, as he can sometimes follow someone all day without them telling. He keeps notes on both the behaviours tactics and activities of both allies and enemies in a large notebook as shown in the picture, and by the end of the day can usually state what everyone did that day.

• Clothes: Millard has the the clothes shown above.

• Pocketwatch: Millard carries a silver pocket watch to tell the time.

• Old Journal: Millard has a thick old leather-bound journal that he carries with him along with a pencil and eraser. He loves to read and write, and observes everything around him. He writes a good deal in his journal, and as such its pages are filled with observations of things he has seen with a focus on the facts and his opinions on what happened. Some examples of things inside it are maps and drawings, the names descriptions and behaviours of those he has met and seen be that people or animal, the location and description of landmarks such as buildings or mountains or military targets, and stories songs sayings or jokes that he liked. It is chalked full of things that he finds interesting with lots of room left to go. He wouldn't be very comfortable parting with it and would be upset if he lost it.
  • Uniform: Upon returning to Britain and joining his new unit, Millard was provided a new British Uniform.

• Issued Weapons and equipment: Upon returning to Britain and joining his new unit, Millard was provided new equipment including a revolver, lee-enfield rifle, a bible, rations, canteen, and ammunition.

Weaknesses
  • Weakness Invisibility: Millard is permanently invisible, which makes socializing more difficult. He can't see himself without getting dirt on himself. It also made him rather isolated as his superpower was very obvious. This power isn't very helpful on the battlefield as his invisibility does not extend to his clothing. Being invisible makes it very difficult to get a haircut. Being invisible also makes it more difficult to get medical support if he is wounded as veins can't be found and stitches are more difficult to apply.

• Rules: He doesn't like breaking the rules, and doesn't like stealing. As such he will usually obey orders from his superiors to please them, provided they don't lead to his death. He won't engage in decision making or planning if it breaks the rules either, and has a problem with not following the rules of war such as by killing surrendered or unarmed people.

• Uniform: Having been in Germany for a year he had to get rid of his Uniform pretty fast and doesn't have one on him at the start. Instead he has his city clothes as shown in the picture. The issued weapons will likely give him away if fired, given they are both loud and visible, and he is getting used to his issued equipment as they are a bit heavier and bulkier than his regular clothes and his navy and airforce uniform.
  • Spying: There are moral considerations to keeping an eye on others. He considers it fun and entertaining to gather information, but releasing that information is another story. He will sometimes tell the people he spied on what they did that day, and will probably tell his superiors what the enemy has been up to, but will not be as pleased to report the activities of his comrades to his superiors even if asked. He figures he wouldn't want anyone telling people what he does when he thinks no one is watching so why would anyone else want people to be told that, and who would want to hear about that? He also doesn't want anyone teased because of that as he wouldn't want to be teased because of his invisibility.

Backstory:
Born December 12 1920 in British India. His father was a British Sea Captain from the Isle of Man and his mother was from the kingdom of saxony. As a result he learned to speak both English and German. Speaking German at home with his mom and English whenever his dad came home from his trips and when he was interacting with other people in town. He lived in an all European community composed primarily of British people and grew up playing with the other kids in the community and spending time with his 3 siblings. Sometimes when his father would return from his trips abroad he would go on hunting trips with the senior members of the Indian Civil Service in the area and take Millard with him. In 1926 at the age of 5 he started going to church and that year he showed an interest in music after seeing a music machine in a coffee shop and his mom got him a harpsichord. In 1929 he was sent to a boarding school on the Isle of Man where he turned 9. At the boarding school he took 8 classes per year and learned about History English Latin Science Math and Music. The last 2 classes being more physical and included Sports(gym) and drill. He took lots of notes and sent letters home to his family, not all of them making it due to censuring. He would stay in the boarding school for 8 years, which is to say until he was 17.

Between classes he got involved in some clubs and activities such as debate and band. He also joined up with the sea cadets when he was 10 where he was able to develop and improve his drill, and learn about radio communications technology. When he was 14 he joined the combined cadet force at school and participated in the Air Force unit where he learned about flight. All the extra curricular activities helped him develop more skills and get to know other students. He found some of the others at school were also in the cadet corps and together they formed some of the most skilled drill members in the school.

During his teens in the 1930's he noticed his powers for the first time. He slowly turned invisible over time, starting with his feet when he was 15 in 1936 and working it's way up. He managed to hide it for a little bit due to the low exposure of the formal clothes and his single room. Eventually he mentioned it to his friends in cadets who helped him hide it. In exchange he helped them in drama and music as an assistant working with the lights and sound, and a tutor helping them improve upon their piano playing. He graduated in 1938 at the age of 17 and went back home to India. After a few months in India his head faded away.

After graduation he needed something to take his mind off his invisibility. He sent an application for an internship with the Indian Civil Service. While he waited he would often spend time in the mirror wondering how and why he turned invisible, and discovered he had inherited a recessive gene. He would spend a good deal of his time reading, with most of the books he read being biographys and novels of war and exploration. Sports took his mind off things as well and he would ride a horse around or go hunting sometimes. Sometimes on these trips his siblings would call him the headless horseman as a joke. Usually he would do these alone or with his family so he wouldn't startle anyone. He would also fly his fathers biplanes around the estate to pass the time. When his father hosted community parties he would often have Millard play the piano in front of everyone, but after his head faded he had him play where no one could see him to avoid startling anyone. He wasn't always reading, riding, or flying though and he obtained a powerful civilian ham radio and started a radio station by playing his 45 records over the airwaves. These broadcasts usually were about listening to good music, and making it through the day with family and friends. These broadcasts also provided him advertising revenue as one of the only radio stations in the area. He received a letter of acceptance into the Indian Civil service Mid August, 4 months after he sent the original application. He left almost immediately to start the internship, leaving his station in the hands of his family. He used white makeup he was given to make his face visible and his internship lasted until the end of the following August.

On September 3rd 1939 the second world war was declared. Fresh out of the Indian Civil Service he decided to join the British Armed Forces. Unfortunately, this was made harder by being invisible. He sent a letter to the Colonel of WWI explaining his situation and asking if there was anything he could do. The Colonel agreed to help and he wound up signing up to serve in the military over the Mail. When the paperwork was completed he travelled to the unit the colonel recommended and took the medical test. To make his face visible he continued to use the makeup that he was given in the Indian civil service. After passing the medical tests he was brought to basic training where he passed the physical test and subsequently was brought into the military. The military thought it best to place him in a role without much contact with others, so he was trained as a radio operator in the Royal Navy and his partner delivered the messages in the ship. He would do that job until early 1940 when he would get pulled back to Britain because they needed pilots. He would join the Royal Airforce as a pilot and fight in the battle of Britain until June of 1941.

After the battle of Britain his fluent German and Invisibility was taken advantage of and he was sent to France to spy. The next year would see him taking notes on troop placements, forced civilian movements, and supply depot locations. During this time he got better and faster at note taking, better at using his invisibility for hiding, and better at speaking german by blending into the German population. In June of 1942 he was called back to Britain to join the Colonel that had helped him join the military on a new operation.

Note:
The schools he most likely would have attended on the Isle of Man would be Buchan and King Williams College.
The Uniform limitation is to help make the number of limitations an even number.

#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE

Finished App

Character App:

NS Nation name: Cainesland
Character name: Millard Enoch O'Conner
Handle/Codename: Gentleman Ghost, or just Ghost for short.
Nationality: British
Ethnicity: Caucasian (Manx/Saxon)
Appearance:
He is 5'6" 142 lbs and invisible, however as his clothes aren't I'll describe those. In a city he wears dress shoes with black socks, a dress shirt, tweed pants that go up to his belly button and that are held up by braces/suspenders, a sweater vest, a tweed coat, and an Irish flat cap.

Today (Invisible)

When his feet disappeared

When he went to Britain for school

Allied Uniform

German Uniform

Power Origin: Naturally
Power Level: 2.
  • Invisibility: Millard is always invisible. This is great for learning about friendly and hostile soldiers and has allowed him to take notes on both without notice. Being Invisible has also been great as it allows him to hide more easily. Millard has also been able to use his invisibility to spy on others to find out what they do when they think no one is watching. Millard has no shadow, and light passes through him but does not render him blind.

• Knowledge: Millard has a good memory, is very interested in history, and has a fair knowledge of math and science. He can play the harpsichord, piano, and the violin. He can neatly write and type quite fast. Millard spent many years learning military history and drill, and can perform drill very well as a result. Millard is fluent in German and English, and novice with Latin. Because he learned German from his mom he speaks German with a slight Saxon accent. Millard is able to operate radios and listen to official lines of communication if he discovers the frequency and has a Radio. Having listened to lots of music he has some songs memorized. Millard can ride horses, and drive both automobiles and airships/airplanes quite well. Millard knows how to fire a rifle and has a fair knowledge of government bureaucracy and military chain of command as well after being in the Sea Cadets, Indian Civil Service, Secret Intelligence Service, and the Ambwehr.

• Spying: He is just as comfortable keeping an eye on allies as he is on enemies. Though when "spying" on allies this is usually just for fun, will leave if asked, and considers it less spying than keeping an eye on them. It is usually hard for someone to tell if he is spying on them, as he can sometimes follow someone all day without them telling. He keeps notes on both the behaviours tactics and activities of both allies and enemies in a large notebook as shown in the picture, and by the end of the day can usually state what everyone did that day.

• Clothes: Millard has the the clothes shown above.

• Pocketwatch: Millard carries a silver pocket watch to tell the time.

• Old Journal: Millard has a thick old leather-bound journal that he carries with him along with a pencil and eraser. He loves to read and write, and observes everything around him. He writes a good deal in his journal, and as such its pages are filled with observations of things he has seen with a focus on the facts and his opinions on what happened. Some examples of things inside it are maps and drawings, the names descriptions and behaviours of those he has met and seen be that people or animal, the location and description of landmarks such as buildings or mountains or military targets, and stories songs sayings or jokes that he liked. It is chalked full of things that he finds interesting with lots of room left to go. He wouldn't be very comfortable parting with it and would be upset if he lost it.
  • Uniform: Upon returning to Britain and joining his new unit, Millard was provided a new British Uniform. Besides his British SIS ID, he also has his German Intelligence ID.

• Issued Weapons and equipment: Upon returning to Britain and joining his new unit, Millard was provided new equipment including a revolver, lee-enfield rifle, a bible, rations, canteen, and ammunition.

Weaknesses
  • Weakness Invisibility: Millard is permanently invisible, which makes socializing more difficult. He can't see himself without getting dirt on himself. It also made him rather isolated as his superpower was very obvious. This power isn't very helpful on the battlefield as his invisibility does not extend to his clothing. Being invisible makes it very difficult to get a haircut. Being invisible also makes it more difficult to get medical support if he is wounded as veins can't be found and stitches are more difficult to apply.

• Rules: He doesn't like breaking the rules, and doesn't like stealing. As such he will usually obey orders from his superiors to please them, provided they don't lead to his death. He won't engage in decision making or planning if it breaks the rules either, and has a problem with not following the rules of war such as by killing surrendered or unarmed people.

• Uniform: The issued weapons will likely give him away if fired, given they are both loud and visible, and he is getting used to his issued equipment as they are a bit heavier and bulkier than his regular clothes and his navy and airforce uniform.

• Spying: There are moral considerations to keeping an eye on others. He considers it fun and entertaining to gather information, but releasing that information is another story. He will sometimes tell the people he spied on what they did that day, and will probably tell his superiors what the enemy has been up to, but will not be as pleased to report the activities of his comrades to his superiors even if asked. He figures he wouldn't want anyone telling people what he does when he thinks no one is watching so why would anyone else want people to be told that, and who would want to hear about that? He also doesn't want anyone teased because of that as he wouldn't want to be teased because of his invisibility.

Backstory:
Born December 12 1920 in British India. His father was a British Sea Captain from the Isle of Man and his mother was from the kingdom of saxony. As a result he learned to speak both English and German. Speaking German at home with his mom and English whenever his dad came home from his trips and when he was interacting with other people in town. He lived in an all European community composed primarily of British people and grew up playing with the other kids in the community and spending time with his 3 siblings. Sometimes when his father would return from his trips abroad he would go on hunting trips with the senior members of the Indian Civil Service in the area and take Millard with him. In 1926 at the age of 5 he started going to church and that year he showed an interest in music after seeing a music machine in a coffee shop and his mom got him a harpsichord. In 1929 he was sent to a boarding school on the Isle of Man where he turned 9. At the boarding school he took 8 classes per year and learned about History English Latin Science Math and Music. The last 2 classes being more physical and included Sports(gym) and drill. He took lots of notes and sent letters home to his family, not all of them making it due to censuring. He would stay in the boarding school for 8 years, which is to say until he was 17.

Between classes he got involved in some clubs and activities such as debate and band. He also joined up with the sea cadets when he was 10 where he was able to develop and improve his drill, and learn about radio communications technology. When he was 14 he joined the combined cadet force at school and participated in the Air Force unit where he learned about flight. All the extra curricular activities helped him develop more skills and get to know other students. He found some of the others at school were also in the cadet corps and together they formed some of the most skilled drill members in the school.

During his teens in the 1930's he noticed his powers for the first time. He slowly turned invisible over time, starting with his feet when he was 15 in 1936 and working it's way up. He managed to hide it for a little bit due to the low exposure of the formal clothes and his single room. Eventually he mentioned it to his friends in cadets who helped him hide it. In exchange he helped them in drama and music as an assistant working with the lights and sound, and a tutor helping them improve upon their piano playing. He graduated in 1938 at the age of 17 and went back home to India. After a few months in India his head faded away.

After graduation he needed something to take his mind off his invisibility. He sent an application for an internship with the Indian Civil Service. While he waited he would often spend time in the mirror wondering how and why he turned invisible, and discovered he had inherited a recessive gene. He would spend a good deal of his time reading, with most of the books he read being biographys and novels of war and exploration. Sports took his mind off things as well and he would ride a horse around or go hunting sometimes. Sometimes on these trips his siblings would call him the headless horseman as a joke. Usually he would do these alone or with his family so he wouldn't startle anyone. He would also fly his fathers biplanes around the estate to pass the time. When his father hosted community parties he would often have Millard play the piano in front of everyone, but after his head faded he had him play where no one could see him to avoid startling anyone. He wasn't always reading, riding, or flying though and he obtained a powerful civilian ham radio and started a radio station by playing his 45 records over the airwaves. These broadcasts usually were about listening to good music, and making it through the day with family and friends. These broadcasts also provided him advertising revenue as one of the only radio stations in the area. He received a letter of acceptance into the Indian Civil service Mid August, 4 months after he sent the original application. He left almost immediately to start the internship, leaving his station in the hands of his family. He used white makeup he was given to make his face visible and his internship lasted until the end of the following August.

On September 3rd 1939 the second world war was declared. Fresh out of the Indian Civil Service he decided to join the British Armed Forces. Unfortunately, this was made harder by being invisible. He sent a letter to the Colonel of WWI explaining his situation and asking if there was anything he could do. The Colonel agreed to help and he wound up signing up to serve in the military over the Mail. When the paperwork was completed he travelled to the unit the colonel recommended and took the medical test. To make his face visible he continued to use the makeup that he was given in the Indian civil service. After passing the medical tests he was brought to basic training where he passed the physical test and subsequently was brought into the military. The military thought it best to take advantage of his invisibility and his technical and administrative skills, so he was assigned to the Secret Intelligence Services. He was trained in radio operation and code breaking with the Naval Intelligence Divison. He would train in that until late November 1939 when Sinclair passed and he would get moved to work alongside the newly forming Intelligence Corps of the Army. In July 1940 the corps was finalized and the SIS made him a Special Operations Executive Agent and tasked him with gathering intelligence in Germany. After Arriving in Germany he travelled to Saxony and joined up with the German Intelligence Service. Over the next nearly 2 years he would slow down the rate of intelligence gathering on the Allies and gather information on troop placements, forced civilian relocations, and the locations of military targets such as barracks and supply depots, before sending them to the allies in encrypted messages. Sometimes this was done under explicit instruction from his Anti-Nazi superiors. During this time he got better and faster at note taking, better at using his invisibility for hiding, and better at speaking german by blending into the German population. In June of 1942 he was called back to Britain to join the Colonel that had helped him join the military on a new operation.

Note: The schools he most likely would have attended on the Isle of Man would be Buchan and King Williams College.

The Uniform limitation was inserted to help make the number of limitations even.

His German ID says Enoch Meyer, using his mothers surname as it sounds more German.

#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Sep 11, 2017 2:58 pm, edited 22 times in total.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:32 pm

Character App:

NS Nation: Beiarusia
Character Name: Anastasia
Handle/Codename: Blackbird (Amsel)
Nationality: Russian

Appearance:
Anastasia has a face somewhere between round and angular, with piecing eyes (left is hazel; right is blue-grey) and a pale scar running across the bridge of her pointed nose. Has thin lips and fair skin with noticeable circles around her eyes. Platinum blond/white hair is cut short into a messy bob that flares ever slightly. She stands at roughly 5'2" (159cm), is thin framed, and underweight. Would appear relatively normal at a distance, however, her body is a patchwork of stitching and borrowed parts. Head and face are the only original pieces left remaining at this time.

Alignment: Soviet Union
Power Origin: Natural, Experimentation
Power Level: City, Level 6

• Necromancy: can raise and command the dead within 300 meters. Those in close proximity to Anastasia are the most capable, being similar to living individuals in terms of general capability, while those more distant are comparatively sluggish, clumsy, and reminiscent to the fictitious "zombies" popularized by George A. Romero in the late 1960's; those that wander beyond 700 meters will attack indiscriminately. Additionally, their usefulness is relative to the number active at any given time as well as damage/necrosis of the body. These zombies can remain active indefinitely so long as they stay within one kilometer of Anastasia, at which point they collapse back into a state of death, however, maintaining a large number of zombies for long durations is both physically and mentally draining. Any corpse can be reanimated so long as the brain remains intact (physical damage or severe necrosis will kill a zombie or else render the body useless).

• Near-Immortality: Anastasia is no longer living in any conventional sense of the word. She does not age and can survive most injuries, including decapitation, so long as the brain remains intact. Only original body parts heal (the head); non-original body parts must be sutured or else replaced entirely if damaged. Grafting can take anywhere from a few minutes to several days depending on location, the size of the wound, and the complexity of the body part (an arm is more complex than a finger), limiting overall functionality until the connections have formed after which there is no obvious handicap. Her body is resistant to necrosis and requires no oxygen or food in the traditional sense. All nourishment comes from the flesh of humans, requiring Anastasia to cannibalize others lest she suffer from starvation, during which her abilities weaken significantly. She can go long periods of time without eating depending on activity level. Curiously, her blood is black even when exposed to oxygen.

• No Artificial Limits: whereas the brain limits what the body "can" and "cannot" do so as to avoid unnecessary injury Anastasia can operate beyond this imaginary barrier. While this does not equate to feats of immense strength it can grant her an advantage during emergency situations at the risk of substantial personal harm. Furthermore, Anastasia possesses a high physical endurance as well as an general insensitivity to pain.

• Mauser C96: a modified machine-pistol lacking the extended stock and with a shortened barrel (allowing for easier concealment). Anastasia has been trained in the usage of firearms but is not a skilled marksman, thus she typically avoids guns whenever possible, and her C96 is more a last resort than a preferred weapon.

Weaknesses
  • Cannibal: because of her physiology Anastasia must consume human flesh or else suffer the effects of starvation as she is incapable of digesting normal food. As expected, this need is negatively viewed by most others and Anastasia herself is oftentimes reluctant to feed despite her overall apathy towards the taking of human life. The frequency of her needing nourishment is dependent on activity level (the longest duration without feeding was seven weeks and three days; the shortest duration was once every thirteen hours). The primary affect of starvation is the notable decrease in her necromantic ability as well as general lethargy.

• Frail: despite her training Anastasia is no stronger than the average person. In competitions of raw strength Anastasia will lose, especially against other meta-humans or those larger than she is. To counter this Anastasia relies on deceit to win physical altercations or, better yet, to avoid them altogether.

• Self-Destructive: Anastasia displays little concern for her wellbeing (or for the wellbeing of those around her) and has been known to take unnecessary risks that result in personal injury despite alternative means being available. This behavior likely stems from an undisclosed self loathing along with a general dislike towards the Bolsheviks and ruling Communist party. While not suicidal Anastasia seems to care little for her longterm survival.

• Emotionally Unstable: years of damaging indoctrination have left Anastasia apathetic to an alarming degree. Additionally, she has been known to harm others if only to alleviate her own frustrations, typically enemies of the state, thus facing little to no punishment, and although curt with allies she has shown considerable improvement in not engaging in physical altercations if only to avoid unnecessary complications. The indoctrination process has resulted in retrograde amnesia and Anastasia does not remember her past, only snippets of her previous life, but she understands that the Bolsheviks were responsible for much of what has happened to her, thus her passive aggressive resistance to her superiors.

Backstory:
Much of Anastasia's past is lost to the annals of time and government red tape. Officially, Anastasia does not exist, and what little is known is subject to intense scrutiny. It is accepted, however, that Anastasia was born sometime in the early 1900's and that her parents, sisters, and brother were murdered during the Revolution. Anastasia, too, was "killed" but her powers would manifest themselves due to the traumatic experience, during which time she tried, and failed, to revive her deceased family with little success. In the infancy of meta-humans (and their participation in world affairs) the girl would be "spared" for later study as the Russian Empire fell apart and was gradually replaced by the U.S.S.R.

Little is known of what became of Anastasia during her captivity. It is speculated that the girl, and potentially many others, particularly vagrants and political prisoners, were forced to partake in invasive experimental procedures with undetermined objectives, rumors that the Communist party routinely deny to this day. Anastasia would suffer from prolonged indoctrination and unethical testing that would break her physically, mentally, and emotionally, leaving her as little more than a shell of her former self. The girl would later resurface in the late-1920's and early-1930's assigned to an NKVD task force operating within Ukraine during the famine. Her necromantic ability, while limited, would be used to great affect against dissident groups, and as the purge continued "Blackbird" would fuel the terror gripping the region. Anastasia would later be deployed to Georgia and Azerbaijan. As Nazi Germany deepened cooperation with the Soviet Union, Anastasia would again be used for experimentation, the serum used to create meta-humans being used to increase the scope of her abilities tenfold despite the onset of unpleasant symptoms. Following this, she and another necromantic meta-human, the Red Menace, would be deployed to Poland for additional purges, including the infamous Katyn Massacre. During the inevitable German invasion of the Soviet Union in June 1941, the NKVD task force, along with Anastasia and other meta-humans, would be recalled to Moscow to defend the capital on the onset of war.

#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:16 pm

I think my app will be wrapped up soon. Do you (Co-ops and/or Op) have any suggestions or concerns before I wrap it up for acceptance or rejection?

Nea Videssos
Minister

Founded: May 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:08 am

WIP:

Character App:

NS Nation name: Videssos
Character name: Alexis Theophrast Agrippa von Hohenlohe-Öhringen (Alexis von Hohenlohe-Öhringen in short)
Handle/Codename: Mánagarmr, Anna Creuzburg (former name), The White Wolf
Appearance: At 5'2" (158cm, just under 5'2" if not rounded up) and 88 pounds, with long, pale silvery-white hair, and a lone eye that appears to alternate between an ethereal, azure blue, to a bottomless, deep sapphire, depending on the lighting, Alexis cuts a diminutive yet distinctive figure, easily feminine enough to be mistaken for a girl. He can often be identified by the elaborate white dress he wears so often, whilst the eye patch or bandages over his right eye-socket also attract attention. Whilst graceful in his movement, an odd, feral vibe can be sensed from him, something at odds with the innocent façade he usually bears.
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Alignment: Axis
Power Origin: Magic and alchemy through being an occultist and learning it. As for turning into a giant wolf? A certain experimental magic ritual.
Power Level: County Level, 9
Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Rune-enhanced Luger P08 and a Mauser C96. Various enchanted knives hidden in his clothes. Clothing enchanted with both runic magic and alchemy (both the uniform and the dress). As for vehicles, he has a fondness for a customised, rune-enchanted (like a lot of his possessions) Zündapp KS 750 motorbike.

• Avatar of Hati Hróðvitnisson/Mánagarmr - Warg/Giant Supernatural Wolf Physiology: Whilst in human form, he has supernatural speed, senses and regeneration. Whilst in the form of a giant supernatural wolf, he is rather dangerous indeed. Tough, fast, perceptive and rather strong, as per a giant monstrous demonic wolf, a contrast to his human form (especially when it comes to strength and endurance). As the (supposed, since it is possible it could be some other entity interpreted/thought to be it) avatar of Hati Hróðvitnisson, also known as Mánagarmr (Moon-Hound, or Moon's Dog), one of the wargs (giant wolves, children of Fenrir), he grows stronger as the moon waxes, and weaker as it wanes. He can feed upon the souls of those slain in this form (only after they've actually died, though), and it requires feasting upon the flesh of the slain (so, cannibalism, basically). A side effect of his regeneration is that he doesn't age.
  • Alchemy: With enough time, resources and an adequate workshop/laboratory in which to utilise his talent in arcane science, he can transmute materials from one thing to another, craft magical artefacts, potions, and even beings (be they golems of Kabbalistic alchemy, various creatures, including Homunculi, artificial humans created through alchemy at least as far back as the the 3rd century AD, though they were then called anthroparion). With more powerful alchemy, special, rare artefacts and rituals may be needed, especially when blending magic and alchemy.
  • Sorcery: He knows a variety of spells, some requiring various ingredients, items and varying amounts of time for preparation (ritual magic), whilst others are quick, and more suitable for battle. His magic tends to veer towards darker end of the spectrum, and includes more dangerous spells that draw upon both life force as well as magical energy, taking its toll on him accordingly. Amongst his specialities is Norse/Germanic Magic, both Seiðr and Galdr, using incantations (among other things, since it's more complicated than that), as well as runic magic (incidentally, Galdr is related to runic magic, being the verbal version of Runic magic), that can involve using enchantments on places/objects to various ends as well as divination. That said, he is also capable with Kabbalistic sorcery, despite its Jewish origin. All his clothes are enchanted, be they his SS uniform or the white dress he so frequently wears, with runes, as well as alchemical enchantments.

Weaknesses
  • Weakness GOES HERE: In human form he relies on speed and whatever weapons he has on hand, and he's physically weaker than the average person.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Can't transform when restrained/imprisoned. Doesn't deal well with being trapped, and is particularly susceptible to supernatural barriers/forms of entrapment.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Is weaker as the moon wanes.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: If somehow forced into unconsciousness or injured to near-obliteration in wolf-form, he'll return to his human form, with matching injuries.
  • Weakness GOES HERE:Regeneration still involves pain, and just as his senses are heightened, that includes his ability to feel pain. Passive, not instant, and whilst he can recover from extreme damage that people generally wouldn't return from, the speed of healing depends on severity of injuries. Repeated injuries, foreign objects in wounds/blocking parts from regenerating(such as something physically blocking a maimed arm from regrowing), and drugs can both interfere with the process.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Only has one eye, unlike the average person. Having enhanced senses is all very well, but missing half of arguably your most important sense, is still a weakness.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Overuse of magic can takes its toll on him, and drain his life force. If interrupted during a spell (specially more powerful ones, such as during a potent magic ritual, it can backfire, with results depending on the nature of the spell/ritual in question, ranging from annoying to catastrophic). On a related note, using magic takes concentration, focus and mental strength. Excluding pre-prepared spells, he usually needs to be able to speak or move his hands.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Mental instability, which can potentially be exploited to reveal his vulnerability (with a past like his, that's hardly surprising). His lack of control, especially when Mánagarmr takes over, also counts. As one might expect, being essentially possessed by a demonic wolf from Norse mythology results in a bit of chaos.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Can only absorb the souls of those already slain.
  • Weakness GOES HERE:Moar weaknesses to come.

Backstory:
Alexis was born in one of the seedier parts of western Berlin, on June 1st, 1916, the illegitimate son of an officer in the Imperial German Army, Wilhelm Gustav von Reitzenstein, and a prostitute named Maria Creuzburg. Unsurprisingly, this meant that his childhood was anything but healthy. His father returned from the war a broken man, hot-tempered, frequently drunk, and having been discharged from the military due to mental instability at the end of the conflict. The war had left its scars, both physical and mental, though he had always been a troubled, cruel individual. Struggling to find jobs, he became involved in one of the Freikorp groups many ex-military types ended up in, little more than a trained thug in a right-wing paramilitary organisation.

Maria, knowing the conditions her son would be raised in, named him Anna Creuzburg, rather than giving him a traditional boy’s name (he may have been legally registered with a boy's name, since German law at the time required that names be sex appropriate, but if so, it was never used). In the economic disaster that was post-WW1 Germany, Anna, merely a child, would, regardless of his wishes, or indeed, his comprehension of the situation, was forced to work in the same field of expertise as his mother. She, for one, seemed more bothered making money than being a mother, though she wasn't as cold or hostile towards him as she would later become. It could have been worse, Alexis had told himself. At least he had food and shelter. Sometimes clothes, too, though they were usually those worn by women. It sometimes hurt, and he sometimes suffered abuse that rendered him a whimpering wreck, but at least he didn't die.

In such a life, usage of drugs (most prominently cocaine, morphine, cannabis and heroin) and alcohol was not infrequent, and whilst Maria veered on the edge of addiction to a number of narcotics, Alexis was often also exposed to such substances, be it at the behest of his "patrons," his mother, other prostitutes, or nearby drug dealers. Both mother and son were popular among their customers and his own father, living in a nearby part of Berlin, was a regular; he would commit heinous, sexually abusive acts to his son. It teetered on the edge of bizarre for the majority, and not only that, but it only added onto his mother’s burning envy. Taking note that his father was more popular with his own son, she gouged, scooped out and crushed his right eye out a fit of rage. Left to tend to the injury on his own, it was a miracle he didn't die, though this was in part aided by a self-administered, makeshift medical treatment. From time to time, she locked him in the cupboard, and if he ever interrupted her whilst she was "busy working" she would beat or strangle him into unconsciousness.

The constant abuse by his parents and grubby strangers alike, unsurprisingly ensured a deepy traumatised, damaged mindset from the beginning.

In early 1931, he was found by a member of the Hohenlohe-Öhringen family. Whether or not he was wandering the streets, or was encountered in a brothel remains uncertain; at the time he had been heavily drugged on request by one of his customers. Promised that he would be well-treated, have freedom, and be raised as one of their own, the unfortunate youth readily accepted a chance to escape the hell-hole he lived in, knowingly heedless of whatever risk here was in trusting the word of complete strangers. Not that he trusted them, he simply wanted something to change. He had long given up and gotten used to life as it was, but this had been the time that another part of him, long-buried beneath the mindset he had grown up with, had briefly risen to the surface.

In late 1931, he was officially adopted by the noble family of Hohenlohe-Öhringen, taking the name Alexis Theophrast Agrippa von Hohenlohe-Öhringen. His new "parents," were Julius von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, occultist, philanthropist and composer, and Ilya Ehrensvärd, a Swedish singer and noblewoman. Julius was the son of a renowned German evolutionary biologist, Friedrich Leopold August von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, and great-grandson of Johan Konrad von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, a professor of ancient languages and theology. The von Hohenlohe-Öhringen family was also a once-prominent noble family related to several German dynasties and even the Russian Imperial family (though that wasn't too surprising, given the ties between Russian and German nobility), though their influence had dimmed after the fall of the German Empire in World War one, as well as the eradication of the Romanov family courtesy of the Bolsheviks. Just as their influence had faded, so had their wealth, and their family's splendour over the past decades was increasingly more of a façade, though Julius nonetheless worked to maintain the pretence that he was able to easily afford helping those in need, receiving some criticism from other nobility for his "mingling with the commoners". Such was the decline of the Princes von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, who were also dukes of Ujest, and counts of Hohenlohe-Oehringen, among other titles.

Sometimes delving into the occult, the family had also considered its sorcerers to be fairly prestigious, though their arcane fortunes had fluctuated considerably over the past eight hundred years. In more recent times, Julius attempted to reverse the family's decline in that area, with limited success, though he did help establish links to a number of esoteric groups founded in the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s, such as the Germanenorden, the Guido von List society, and one of the older, Prussian masonic lodges founded by Friedrich II of Prussia. In turn, a schismatic off-shoot of the Germanenorden, founded by Hermann Pohl in 1916, known as the Germanenorden Walvater of the Holy Grail, would found a lodge in Munich, formally dedicated on August 18, 1918 that was given the cover name of the "Thule Society". It, in turn sponsored the German Worker's Party, which later became the National Socialist German Worker's Party. It also bought a local weekly newspaper, the Münchener Beobachter, which later became the later became the Völkischer Beobachter, the official newpaper of the Nazi party. Thus, the family's ties with the new order were unknowingly forged.

Now properly schooled and given access to range of fields to study, he proved to have a keen intellect, and the ability to grasp matters of science and medicine rather rapidly. As well as that, he had something of an interest in conflict, studying considerably in matters of history, wars and the like, in a Germany that was rapidly being dominated by Nazi propaganda. Spurred on by Ilya to delve into music, he became a talented singer and could play both flute and violin. Most importantly to his new father, however, was a gift for matters of the occult. Delving into a variety of mystical traditions, he focused on ancient Germanic magic, renaissance alchemy, and Kabbalistic mysticism, frequently accessing the family's library and the old magical workshop originally constructed by a distant ancestor of his adopted father.

In spite of this "new life" he had been given, the old, of course, would not be swept away so easily. He became fearful and anxious of the touch of others, was plagued by nightmares and memories, and broke down from time to time.

Despite his own interest in the occult, his own magical aptitude at first seemed somewhat lacking. Whilst possessing the intellect and technical capability, he struggled to actually summon the magical energy that was necessary for the spells and rituals to be effectively carried out. That wasn't to say he had a shortage of magical energy within him; rather, he simply lacked the ability to access much of his mana reserves, which were far from sparse. As such, whilst he learnt a bit of several paths of sorcery, he spent more time struggling to control one particular route, despite his family's traditional aptitude with sorcery and the resources they had available at their castle, including various old tomes on the occult that would likely be the last things they ever sold if their finances continued to grow worse. They'd probably rather sell themselves than ever see their collection potentially fall into the hands of uninitiated commoners. As it was, though he knew a little of some other magical traditions (quite a bit in the theoretical degree, though less in actuality, at least at the time), his speciality would Germano-Norse sorcery.

He joined the growing movement that was the Hitler Youth in 1933, being noticed rapidly by those on the lookout for talent.

In 1934, a ritual was performed, with Alexis at its centre. The "beast" that was summoned into him, was heralded as the spirit of Hati, or Manegamr, one of the wargs begotten by the dread wolf, Fenrir, of Norse legend. It was said that two of Fenrir's children, Sköll and Hati would chase the sun and moon until Ragnarok, and Hati was the latter. It was said that he ate the flesh of the dead, spattering the heavens with blood, and at the coming of Ragnarok would devour the moon. Whether or not this was indeed the entity that possessed Alexis, something monstrous was indeed now within him. To those with a predisposition for sensing the supernatural, he was a beacon of malevolence.

So too did he attract the attention of various otherworldly things. His new-found power grew and weakened with the moon's cycle, almost as if Hati's thirst grew within him. Alexis already had a dark, foreboding aura, his mind's scars laid bare for those with the right vision to see, and it would be merged with hunger, a feral viciousness beyond anything he would have likely displayed normally. It was a costly affair, however, and to reign in the monster a greater price still would be exacted of him. One of the most apparent outward side effects of its presence within him, was the whitening of his hair. Binding rituals had a certain effect, but something else was a by-product of this ordeal. Mánagarmr's influence manifested in a ...spiritual corruption of sorts. Rather than any wilfully directed effort, it was more a "leak" of Mánagarmr's presence in him, and his role as the wolf's avatar. It would in time however, become more self-aware, transforming into a lesser entity in its own right.

It was a strange, malevolent thing, driving him to devour the emotional and magical energy of others, whilst already feeding upon his emotional and magical energy. Whenever he tapped into his magic, Mánagarmr's "shadow" began stirring and drawing upon his body's energy, consuming some of the energy even as it flowed into his sorcery to a far greater extent than it had before. It in turn made his ability in manipulation of the arcane greater, though he was ironically enough, powerless against the influence of Mánagarmr's corruption, and the beast's spiritual "echo".

From a biological, physical perspective, its influence was also felt through his nervous system, Mánagarmr's shadow, a dim awareness far more primitive than its origin, emanating from the Warg, though partially self-aware as it fed, manipulating, and often enhancing his emotions and senses through both control of the body's natural chemicals, its own desires crudely being replicated in him. This was somewhat akin to what it on a spiritual level. In return, it increases his agility and regenerative capabilities, as well as the amount of magical energy he can tap into. In the years to come, it became a deeply routed part of him, infesting his soul.

It manipulated him, evoking and consuming his fear, pain, hatred, joy, sadness, lust and whatever other emotion or feeling one could care to name. It warred against his kindness, creating an amorality that decreased his resistance to the notion of feeding on others, rewarding him with positive sensations or emotions if killing and causing others to suffer. Even any mental anguish he may have had in the matter was something that the shadow was eager to consume, and there was much to be gained from Alexis alone, creating a chaotic maelstrom of fear and hope, joy and grief, pain and pleasure, pride and shame.

Whilst not at the family's estate or tending to various other affairs, he was driven towards a new "hobby". Roaming the streets and roads of northern Bavaria, he became a killer. He always chose targets that were alone, and whilst this initially included travellers and other such individuals, he soon found a need for a more efficient manner of fulfilling his cravings. Dressed as a girl, with the ornate white dress that would become one of his most easily distinctive outfits, he wandered the less reputable streets in some towns, knowing the sort of attention he'd soon attract; those looking for a night out with a prostitute, or to simply take advantage of a young girl alone. Needless to say, his aim wasn’t to sell his body out to random strangers, despite his former profession.

After successfully luring them away, he brutally tortured and murdered them, a small part of him horrified at what was happening, whilst the rest of him had long been rid of such ethical reservations. Remembering the nursery rhymes his mother used to sing to him as a child, he sung those in an oddly cheerful tone, whilst the shadow twisted his concern into pleasure. Should Mánagarmr's shadow be particularly motivated, he could essentially become a prisoner in his own body, with its control over his nervous system, senses and the chemicals that influenced his emotions. Whilst for a time a mysterious serial killer dominated the headlines of the news in the mid-30s, the true identity of the murderer was never discerned. Some reports spoke of a girl in a white dress, though any surviving witnesses were never able to make out more in the dark. The crudeness of the murders led to comparisons with more famous murderers of the early 20th and 19th centuries, and some even spoke of cannibalism, whilst reports of a giant wolf mysteriously arose in same regions as the murders, though few connected the dots.

In 1936, he ended up joining the SS, serving in the Waffen SS, though also having a role in the Medical Corps and the Ahnenerbe (Scientific Corps). His knowledge in matters of the occult rapidly saw him gain the patronage of more prominent members of the SS, most notably Himmler, who was willing to overlook all manner of eccentricities, provided he could share and utilise his occult expertise and knowledge with him. Another member of Himmler's personal circle of the SS at the time was Otto Rahn, a Grail-obsessed occultist whose Jewish background and homosexual tendencies were overlooked by Himmler, due to his knowledge of the occult and willingness to aid in the search for mystical artefacts, including the Holy Grail (predominantly in southern France, following the legend that the Cathars in Montsegur had hidden the Grail when their mountain-fortress was under siege from the Crusaders). A mentally unstable cross-dresser with a talent for old Germanic magic, alchemy, and the ability to turn into a giant demonic Norse wolf was the least of Himmler's worries as far as going against the official party doctrine was concerned. Well, not that it said anything about giant monster-wolves, and given Himmler's own desire to revive Germanic paganism and get rid of the influence of Abrahamic religions, his appreciation for Alexis' knowledge of runes, Seiðr and Galdr was unsurprisingly an important factor. Of course, if he was going to be more faithful to a recreation of Norse/old Germanic beliefs and society (culture and society being closely entwined with religion), he would have acknowledged that the Norse viewed male practitioners (seiðmenn) of Seiðr as "argr" or "unmanly" (in other words, effeminate). Of course, for Alexis, that was quite fitting.

Using knowledge and talent similar in nature to that of his step-grandfather, he experimented on cells in the human body, experimenting on many test subjects in concentration camps in order to find results, and to further the cause of the Third Reich, becoming notable for his ruthlessness and tendency to disregard the value of human life. Though that was hardly an uncommon trait for the Nazis. In 1941, despite his youth, his expertise and intelligence allowed him involvement in experimenting on on people said to possess supernatural powers, genetic mutations, or arcane proficiencies, intending to use them and their abilities against the Allies, with an advisory position amongst those assigned to make their kind of optimum use to Germany in the war. With many in the SS, having an interest in the occult, his incorporation of magic into his experiments was not opposed by his superiors, especially when it gained results and dissuaded the rare sceptic suspicious that he was simply a charlatan. In his spare time, he sometimes played music.

Whilst not particularly high-ranking, he does often serve in a number of roles, be it advisory, or for the purpose seeing various objectives carried out. He tried his hand at assassinations, though he had a tendency to leave a something of a bloodbath, rather than a delicate, pinpoint execution, especially when he transformed. As the conduit for Mánagarmr, he sometimes serves as an asset in battle, and sometimes to protect important sites, artefacts and individuals targeted by enemies of the Reich.

Quiet and generally seeming apathetic, it can be difficult to tell whether Alexis is simply good at hiding his emotions, or doesn't care, though he often seems to be smiling faintly, for no apparent reason. He usually attempts to be emotionally distant, refusing to allow anyone to become too close to him, though it tends to come off as shy, rather than cold, albeit with a tinge of a "cute but creepy" vibe. In such a manner, he can seem to have an odd, childlike tone behind which lies a murderous intent. Somewhat eccentric. Sometimes a bit bloodthirsty, predatory and ruthless. Has an inferiority complex, as well as a darkly twisted, nihilistic philosophical view of things, being somewhat aware of the common concept of morality, but regarding it as foolish, flawed and inapplicable to the real world. Can sometimes act a little clueless, and ignorant, though whether that's due to memory problems caused by drug-abuse of his early years, an act, or something else, is hard to discern. Unfortunately for him, his most vivid memories are the ones he would most like to forget, though he sometimes justifies the things that have happened to him, as being something he deserved. Adept at donning various outward façades, he can seem a lot more innocent, even feigning embarrassment, than he actually is.

Masochistic, though Mánagarmr's shadow can easily evoke more sadistic tendencies at times. He lacks much in the way of social skills, though he is in no way naïve, being all-too well versed in regards to the darker side of society and people. Regardless, he can often seem like a child that never grew up, yet at the same time pessimistic and jaded, ruthless to those that get in his way (unless he serves them), yet also expecting others to grind him into the dirt, or attempt to do so. Among other habits from his youth, he has to consciously reign in the tendency to assume that others want sexual rewards from him. Bit mentally unstable, as you may have gathered, possessing a fractured and sometimes contradictory psyche.

He often alternates between both cold and cheerful countenances. When colder, he still seems mildly amused or pleased most of the time. He can be remarkably fearful and eager to obey others, should he be cornered or overpowered. Occasionally he seems genuinely kind, possessing an odd serenity, and a calm acceptance of all that happens to him. Yet further still, there are brief moments when he realises and contemplates his past and the situation he is in, and becomes anything from somewhat melancholic to despair incarnate. With much of his life involving experience of relationships that were far from healthy, his attempts to emotionally distance himself from others tends to come off as shy rather than harsh. Not really used to kindness from others, which can put him off balance and make him a bit overly attached if continued. Bit more complicated, since he's simultaneously both the willing and unwilling pawn of a supernatural entity, and its spiritual "leakage" turned lesser entity, within him. Generally submissive, doesn't have much of an ego, and what little may have existed at one point, has pretty much been destroyed by now. Might be a bit yandere.

Permission: Yes?
#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:30 am

Nea Videssos wrote:WIP:

Character App:

NS Nation name: Videssos
Character name: Alexis Theophrast Agrippa von Hohenlohe-Öhringen (Alexis von Hohenlohe-Öhringen in short)
Handle/Codename: Mánagarmr, Anna Creuzburg (former name), The White Wolf
Appearance: At 5'2" (158cm, just under 5'2" if not rounded up) and 88 pounds, with long, pale silvery-white hair, and a lone eye that appears to alternate between an ethereal, azure blue, to a bottomless, deep sapphire, depending on the lighting, Alexis cuts a diminutive yet distinctive figure, easily feminine enough to be mistaken for a girl. He can often be identified by the elaborate white dress he wears so often, whilst the eye patch or bandages over his right eye-socket also attract attention. Whilst graceful in his movement, an odd, feral vibe can be sensed from him, something at odds with the innocent façade he usually bears.

Alignment: Axis
Power Origin: Magic and alchemy through being an occultist and learning it. As for turning into a giant wolf? A certain experimental magic ritual.
Power Level: County Level, 9
Powers/Abilities/Equipment: Rune-enhanced Luger P08 and a Mauser C96. Various enchanted knives hidden in his clothes. Clothing enchanted with both runic magic and alchemy (both the uniform and the dress). As for vehicles, he has a fondness for a customised, rune-enchanted (like a lot of his possessions) Zündapp KS 750 motorbike.

• Avatar of Hati Hróðvitnisson/Mánagarmr - Warg/Giant Supernatural Wolf Physiology: Whilst in human form, he has supernatural speed, senses and regeneration. Whilst in the form of a giant supernatural wolf, he is rather dangerous indeed. Tough, fast, perceptive and rather strong, as per a giant monstrous demonic wolf, a contrast to his human form (especially when it comes to strength and endurance). As the (supposed, since it is possible it could be some other entity interpreted/thought to be it) avatar of Hati Hróðvitnisson, also known as Mánagarmr (Moon-Hound, or Moon's Dog), one of the wargs (giant wolves, children of Fenrir), he grows stronger as the moon waxes, and weaker as it wanes. He can feed upon the souls of those slain in this form (only after they've actually died, though), and it requires feasting upon the flesh of the slain (so, cannibalism, basically). A side effect of his regeneration is that he doesn't age.
  • Alchemy: With enough time, resources and an adequate workshop/laboratory in which to utilise his talent in arcane science, he can transmute materials from one thing to another, craft magical artefacts, potions, and even beings (be they golems of Kabbalistic alchemy, various creatures, including Homunculi, artificial humans created through alchemy at least as far back as the the 3rd century AD, though they were then called anthroparion). With more powerful alchemy, special, rare artefacts and rituals may be needed, especially when blending magic and alchemy.
  • Sorcery: He knows a variety of spells, some requiring various ingredients, items and varying amounts of time for preparation (ritual magic), whilst others are quick, and more suitable for battle. His magic tends to veer towards darker end of the spectrum, and includes more dangerous spells that draw upon both life force as well as magical energy, taking its toll on him accordingly. Amongst his specialities is Norse/Germanic Magic, both Seiðr and Galdr, using incantations (among other things, since it's more complicated than that), as well as runic magic (incidentally, Galdr is related to runic magic, being the verbal version of Runic magic), that can involve using enchantments on places/objects to various ends as well as divination. That said, he is also capable with Kabbalistic sorcery, despite its Jewish origin. All his clothes are enchanted, be they his SS uniform or the white dress he so frequently wears, with runes, as well as alchemical enchantments.

Weaknesses
  • Weakness GOES HERE: In human form he relies on speed and whatever weapons he has on hand, and he's physically weaker than the average person.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Can't transform when restrained/imprisoned. Doesn't deal well with being trapped, and is particularly susceptible to supernatural barriers/forms of entrapment.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Is weaker as the moon wanes.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: If somehow forced into unconsciousness or injured to near-obliteration in wolf-form, he'll return to his human form, with matching injuries.
  • Weakness GOES HERE:Regeneration still involves pain, and just as his senses are heightened, that includes his ability to feel pain. Passive, not instant, and whilst he can recover from extreme damage that people generally wouldn't return from, the speed of healing depends on severity of injuries. Repeated injuries, foreign objects in wounds/blocking parts from regenerating(such as something physically blocking a maimed arm from regrowing), and drugs can both interfere with the process.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Only has one eye, unlike the average person. Having enhanced senses is all very well, but missing half of arguably your most important sense, is still a weakness.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Overuse of magic can takes its toll on him, and drain his life force. If interrupted during a spell (specially more powerful ones, such as during a potent magic ritual, it can backfire, with results depending on the nature of the spell/ritual in question, ranging from annoying to catastrophic). On a related note, using magic takes concentration, focus and mental strength. Excluding pre-prepared spells, he usually needs to be able to speak or move his hands.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Mental instability, which can potentially be exploited to reveal his vulnerability (with a past like his, that's hardly surprising). His lack of control, especially when Mánagarmr takes over, also counts. As one might expect, being essentially possessed by a demonic wolf from Norse mythology results in a bit of chaos.
  • Weakness GOES HERE: Can only absorb the souls of those already slain.
  • Weakness GOES HERE:Moar weaknesses to come.

Backstory:
Alexis was born in one of the seedier parts of western Berlin, on June 1st, 1916, the illegitimate son of an officer in the Imperial German Army, Wilhelm Gustav von Reitzenstein, and a prostitute named Maria Creuzburg. Unsurprisingly, this meant that his childhood was anything but healthy. His father returned from the war a broken man, hot-tempered, frequently drunk, and having been discharged from the military due to mental instability at the end of the conflict. The war had left its scars, both physical and mental, though he had always been a troubled, cruel individual. Struggling to find jobs, he became involved in one of the Freikorp groups many ex-military types ended up in, little more than a trained thug in a right-wing paramilitary organisation.

Maria, knowing the conditions her son would be raised in, named him Anna Creuzburg, rather than giving him a traditional boy’s name (he may have been legally registered with a boy's name, since German law at the time required that names be sex appropriate, but if so, it was never used). In the economic disaster that was post-WW1 Germany, Anna, merely a child, would, regardless of his wishes, or indeed, his comprehension of the situation, was forced to work in the same field of expertise as his mother. She, for one, seemed more bothered making money than being a mother, though she wasn't as cold or hostile towards him as she would later become. It could have been worse, Alexis had told himself. At least he had food and shelter. Sometimes clothes, too, though they were usually those worn by women. It sometimes hurt, and he sometimes suffered abuse that rendered him a whimpering wreck, but at least he didn't die.

In such a life, usage of drugs (most prominently cocaine, morphine, cannabis and heroin) and alcohol was not infrequent, and whilst Maria veered on the edge of addiction to a number of narcotics, Alexis was often also exposed to such substances, be it at the behest of his "patrons," his mother, other prostitutes, or nearby drug dealers. Both mother and son were popular among their customers and his own father, living in a nearby part of Berlin, was a regular; he would commit heinous, sexually abusive acts to his son. It teetered on the edge of bizarre for the majority, and not only that, but it only added onto his mother’s burning envy. Taking note that his father was more popular with his own son, she gouged, scooped out and crushed his right eye out a fit of rage. Left to tend to the injury on his own, it was a miracle he didn't die, though this was in part aided by a self-administered, makeshift medical treatment. From time to time, she locked him in the cupboard, and if he ever interrupted her whilst she was "busy working" she would beat or strangle him into unconsciousness.

The constant abuse by his parents and grubby strangers alike, unsurprisingly ensured a deepy traumatised, damaged mindset from the beginning.

In early 1931, he was found by a member of the Hohenlohe-Öhringen family. Whether or not he was wandering the streets, or was encountered in a brothel remains uncertain; at the time he had been heavily drugged on request by one of his customers. Promised that he would be well-treated, have freedom, and be raised as one of their own, the unfortunate youth readily accepted a chance to escape the hell-hole he lived in, knowingly heedless of whatever risk here was in trusting the word of complete strangers. Not that he trusted them, he simply wanted something to change. He had long given up and gotten used to life as it was, but this had been the time that another part of him, long-buried beneath the mindset he had grown up with, had briefly risen to the surface.

In late 1931, he was officially adopted by the noble family of Hohenlohe-Öhringen, taking the name Alexis Theophrast Agrippa von Hohenlohe-Öhringen. His new "parents," were Julius von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, occultist, philanthropist and composer, and Ilya Ehrensvärd, a Swedish singer and noblewoman. Julius was the son of a renowned German evolutionary biologist, Friedrich Leopold August von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, and great-grandson of Johan Konrad von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, a professor of ancient languages and theology. The von Hohenlohe-Öhringen family was also a once-prominent noble family related to several German dynasties and even the Russian Imperial family (though that wasn't too surprising, given the ties between Russian and German nobility), though their influence had dimmed after the fall of the German Empire in World War one, as well as the eradication of the Romanov family courtesy of the Bolsheviks. Just as their influence had faded, so had their wealth, and their family's splendour over the past decades was increasingly more of a façade, though Julius nonetheless worked to maintain the pretence that he was able to easily afford helping those in need, receiving some criticism from other nobility for his "mingling with the commoners". Such was the decline of the Princes von Hohenlohe-Öhringen, who were also dukes of Ujest, and counts of Hohenlohe-Oehringen, among other titles.

Sometimes delving into the occult, the family had also considered its sorcerers to be fairly prestigious, though their arcane fortunes had fluctuated considerably over the past eight hundred years. In more recent times, Julius attempted to reverse the family's decline in that area, with limited success, though he did help establish links to a number of esoteric groups founded in the 1800s and the beginning of the 1900s, such as the Germanenorden, the Guido von List society, and one of the older, Prussian masonic lodges founded by Friedrich II of Prussia. In turn, a schismatic off-shoot of the Germanenorden, founded by Hermann Pohl in 1916, known as the Germanenorden Walvater of the Holy Grail, would found a lodge in Munich, formally dedicated on August 18, 1918 that was given the cover name of the "Thule Society". It, in turn sponsored the German Worker's Party, which later became the National Socialist German Worker's Party. It also bought a local weekly newspaper, the Münchener Beobachter, which later became the later became the Völkischer Beobachter, the official newpaper of the Nazi party. Thus, the family's ties with the new order were unknowingly forged.

Now properly schooled and given access to range of fields to study, he proved to have a keen intellect, and the ability to grasp matters of science and medicine rather rapidly. As well as that, he had something of an interest in conflict, studying considerably in matters of history, wars and the like, in a Germany that was rapidly being dominated by Nazi propaganda. Spurred on by Ilya to delve into music, he became a talented singer and could play both flute and violin. Most importantly to his new father, however, was a gift for matters of the occult. Delving into a variety of mystical traditions, he focused on ancient Germanic magic, renaissance alchemy, and Kabbalistic mysticism, frequently accessing the family's library and the old magical workshop originally constructed by a distant ancestor of his adopted father.

In spite of this "new life" he had been given, the old, of course, would not be swept away so easily. He became fearful and anxious of the touch of others, was plagued by nightmares and memories, and broke down from time to time.

Despite his own interest in the occult, his own magical aptitude at first seemed somewhat lacking. Whilst possessing the intellect and technical capability, he struggled to actually summon the magical energy that was necessary for the spells and rituals to be effectively carried out. That wasn't to say he had a shortage of magical energy within him; rather, he simply lacked the ability to access much of his mana reserves, which were far from sparse. As such, whilst he learnt a bit of several paths of sorcery, he spent more time struggling to control one particular route, despite his family's traditional aptitude with sorcery and the resources they had available at their castle, including various old tomes on the occult that would likely be the last things they ever sold if their finances continued to grow worse. They'd probably rather sell themselves than ever see their collection potentially fall into the hands of uninitiated commoners. As it was, though he knew a little of some other magical traditions (quite a bit in the theoretical degree, though less in actuality, at least at the time), his speciality would Germano-Norse sorcery.

He joined the growing movement that was the Hitler Youth in 1933, being noticed rapidly by those on the lookout for talent.

In 1934, a ritual was performed, with Alexis at its centre. The "beast" that was summoned into him, was heralded as the spirit of Hati, or Manegamr, one of the wargs begotten by the dread wolf, Fenrir, of Norse legend. It was said that two of Fenrir's children, Sköll and Hati would chase the sun and moon until Ragnarok, and Hati was the latter. It was said that he ate the flesh of the dead, spattering the heavens with blood, and at the coming of Ragnarok would devour the moon. Whether or not this was indeed the entity that possessed Alexis, something monstrous was indeed now within him. To those with a predisposition for sensing the supernatural, he was a beacon of malevolence.

So too did he attract the attention of various otherworldly things. His new-found power grew and weakened with the moon's cycle, almost as if Hati's thirst grew within him. Alexis already had a dark, foreboding aura, his mind's scars laid bare for those with the right vision to see, and it would be merged with hunger, a feral viciousness beyond anything he would have likely displayed normally. It was a costly affair, however, and to reign in the monster a greater price still would be exacted of him. One of the most apparent outward side effects of its presence within him, was the whitening of his hair. Binding rituals had a certain effect, but something else was a by-product of this ordeal. Mánagarmr's influence manifested in a ...spiritual corruption of sorts. Rather than any wilfully directed effort, it was more a "leak" of Mánagarmr's presence in him, and his role as the wolf's avatar. It would in time however, become more self-aware, transforming into a lesser entity in its own right.

It was a strange, malevolent thing, driving him to devour the emotional and magical energy of others, whilst already feeding upon his emotional and magical energy. Whenever he tapped into his magic, Mánagarmr's "shadow" began stirring and drawing upon his body's energy, consuming some of the energy even as it flowed into his sorcery to a far greater extent than it had before. It in turn made his ability in manipulation of the arcane greater, though he was ironically enough, powerless against the influence of Mánagarmr's corruption, and the beast's spiritual "echo".

From a biological, physical perspective, its influence was also felt through his nervous system, Mánagarmr's shadow, a dim awareness far more primitive than its origin, emanating from the Warg, though partially self-aware as it fed, manipulating, and often enhancing his emotions and senses through both control of the body's natural chemicals, its own desires crudely being replicated in him. This was somewhat akin to what it on a spiritual level. In return, it increases his agility and regenerative capabilities, as well as the amount of magical energy he can tap into. In the years to come, it became a deeply routed part of him, infesting his soul.

It manipulated him, evoking and consuming his fear, pain, hatred, joy, sadness, lust and whatever other emotion or feeling one could care to name. It warred against his kindness, creating an amorality that decreased his resistance to the notion of feeding on others, rewarding him with positive sensations or emotions if killing and causing others to suffer. Even any mental anguish he may have had in the matter was something that the shadow was eager to consume, and there was much to be gained from Alexis alone, creating a chaotic maelstrom of fear and hope, joy and grief, pain and pleasure, pride and shame.

Whilst not at the family's estate or tending to various other affairs, he was driven towards a new "hobby". Roaming the streets and roads of northern Bavaria, he became a killer. He always chose targets that were alone, and whilst this initially included travellers and other such individuals, he soon found a need for a more efficient manner of fulfilling his cravings. Dressed as a girl, with the ornate white dress that would become one of his most easily distinctive outfits, he wandered the less reputable streets in some towns, knowing the sort of attention he'd soon attract; those looking for a night out with a prostitute, or to simply take advantage of a young girl alone. Needless to say, his aim wasn’t to sell his body out to random strangers, despite his former profession.

After successfully luring them away, he brutally tortured and murdered them, a small part of him horrified at what was happening, whilst the rest of him had long been rid of such ethical reservations. Remembering the nursery rhymes his mother used to sing to him as a child, he sung those in an oddly cheerful tone, whilst the shadow twisted his concern into pleasure. Should Mánagarmr's shadow be particularly motivated, he could essentially become a prisoner in his own body, with its control over his nervous system, senses and the chemicals that influenced his emotions. Whilst for a time a mysterious serial killer dominated the headlines of the news in the mid-30s, the true identity of the murderer was never discerned. Some reports spoke of a girl in a white dress, though any surviving witnesses were never able to make out more in the dark. The crudeness of the murders led to comparisons with more famous murderers of the early 20th and 19th centuries, and some even spoke of cannibalism, whilst reports of a giant wolf mysteriously arose in same regions as the murders, though few connected the dots.

In 1936, he ended up joining the SS, serving in the Waffen SS, though also having a role in the Medical Corps and the Ahnenerbe (Scientific Corps). His knowledge in matters of the occult rapidly saw him gain the patronage of more prominent members of the SS, most notably Himmler, who was willing to overlook all manner of eccentricities, provided he could share and utilise his occult expertise and knowledge with him. Another member of Himmler's personal circle of the SS at the time was Otto Rahn, a Grail-obsessed occultist whose Jewish background and homosexual tendencies were overlooked by Himmler, due to his knowledge of the occult and willingness to aid in the search for mystical artefacts, including the Holy Grail (predominantly in southern France, following the legend that the Cathars in Montsegur had hidden the Grail when their mountain-fortress was under siege from the Crusaders). A mentally unstable cross-dresser with a talent for old Germanic magic, alchemy, and the ability to turn into a giant demonic Norse wolf was the least of Himmler's worries as far as going against the official party doctrine was concerned. Well, not that it said anything about giant monster-wolves, and given Himmler's own desire to revive Germanic paganism and get rid of the influence of Abrahamic religions, his appreciation for Alexis' knowledge of runes, Seiðr and Galdr was unsurprisingly an important factor. Of course, if he was going to be more faithful to a recreation of Norse/old Germanic beliefs and society (culture and society being closely entwined with religion), he would have acknowledged that the Norse viewed male practitioners (seiðmenn) of Seiðr as "argr" or "unmanly" (in other words, effeminate). Of course, for Alexis, that was quite fitting.

Using knowledge and talent similar in nature to that of his step-grandfather, he experimented on cells in the human body, experimenting on many test subjects in concentration camps in order to find results, and to further the cause of the Third Reich, becoming notable for his ruthlessness and tendency to disregard the value of human life. Though that was hardly an uncommon trait for the Nazis. In 1941, despite his youth, his expertise and intelligence allowed him involvement in experimenting on on people said to possess supernatural powers, genetic mutations, or arcane proficiencies, intending to use them and their abilities against the Allies, with an advisory position amongst those assigned to make their kind of optimum use to Germany in the war. With many in the SS, having an interest in the occult, his incorporation of magic into his experiments was not opposed by his superiors, especially when it gained results and dissuaded the rare sceptic suspicious that he was simply a charlatan. In his spare time, he sometimes played music.

Whilst not particularly high-ranking, he does often serve in a number of roles, be it advisory, or for the purpose seeing various objectives carried out. He tried his hand at assassinations, though he had a tendency to leave a something of a bloodbath, rather than a delicate, pinpoint execution, especially when he transformed. As the conduit for Mánagarmr, he sometimes serves as an asset in battle, and sometimes to protect important sites, artefacts and individuals targeted by enemies of the Reich.

Quiet and generally seeming apathetic, it can be difficult to tell whether Alexis is simply good at hiding his emotions, or doesn't care, though he often seems to be smiling faintly, for no apparent reason. He usually attempts to be emotionally distant, refusing to allow anyone to become too close to him, though it tends to come off as shy, rather than cold, albeit with a tinge of a "cute but creepy" vibe. In such a manner, he can seem to have an odd, childlike tone behind which lies a murderous intent. Somewhat eccentric. Sometimes a bit bloodthirsty, predatory and ruthless. Has an inferiority complex, as well as a darkly twisted, nihilistic philosophical view of things, being somewhat aware of the common concept of morality, but regarding it as foolish, flawed and inapplicable to the real world. Can sometimes act a little clueless, and ignorant, though whether that's due to memory problems caused by drug-abuse of his early years, an act, or something else, is hard to discern. Unfortunately for him, his most vivid memories are the ones he would most like to forget, though he sometimes justifies the things that have happened to him, as being something he deserved. Adept at donning various outward façades, he can seem a lot more innocent, even feigning embarrassment, than he actually is.

Masochistic, though Mánagarmr's shadow can easily evoke more sadistic tendencies at times. He lacks much in the way of social skills, though he is in no way naïve, being all-too well versed in regards to the darker side of society and people. Regardless, he can often seem like a child that never grew up, yet at the same time pessimistic and jaded, ruthless to those that get in his way (unless he serves them), yet also expecting others to grind him into the dirt, or attempt to do so. Among other habits from his youth, he has to consciously reign in the tendency to assume that others want sexual rewards from him. Bit mentally unstable, as you may have gathered, possessing a fractured and sometimes contradictory psyche.

He often alternates between both cold and cheerful countenances. When colder, he still seems mildly amused or pleased most of the time. He can be remarkably fearful and eager to obey others, should he be cornered or overpowered. Occasionally he seems genuinely kind, possessing an odd serenity, and a calm acceptance of all that happens to him. Yet further still, there are brief moments when he realises and contemplates his past and the situation he is in, and becomes anything from somewhat melancholic to despair incarnate. With much of his life involving experience of relationships that were far from healthy, his attempts to emotionally distance himself from others tends to come off as shy rather than harsh. Not really used to kindness from others, which can put him off balance and make him a bit overly attached if continued. Bit more complicated, since he's simultaneously both the willing and unwilling pawn of a supernatural entity, and its spiritual "leakage" turned lesser entity, within him. Generally submissive, doesn't have much of an ego, and what little may have existed at one point, has pretty much been destroyed by now. Might be a bit yandere.

Permission: Yes?
#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)

It's a WIP and I already see issues, brilliant.

3. No Overpowered Characters. While your characters will certainly be powerful and skilled, this is war, injuries will happen, perhaps even deaths. Most Meta's/Supers will be Street/Block Level, with possibly a few City, none higher, additionally Magic and supernatural beings are a thing, but will not eb allowed at this point, exceptions may be allowed.

4. Character limit of 3 characters. Rule may be stretched and does not apply to the OP or their Co-OP’s. For the most part, only the OP and Co-OPs can have characters with Axis, Nazi germany, Japan, Italy, etc.

This character is not an exception.

Additionally, this is 1942, your character is German, he not only cross dresses but seems to be rather feminine. The closest he would be to a member of the SS was being in one of their camps with a pink triangle stitched to his striped pajamas. And prior to the camp's establishment, he'd have that pink triangle stitched to his clothing regardless, or shot.

The fact that there's more coding for images than there is writing for both powers and weaknesses, lead me to believe you're just apping for the meme of having a trap in this RP, than you are for actually joining an RP and enjoying it.

Denied.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:51 am

Probably should have asked to be a CO-Op first. :P

Was hoping that I'd be one of those exceptions (though I did ask about making a Nazi occultist earlier, and received no objections), but oh well.

Even as I mentioned before about "ending up in the camps" the fact that there were members of Himmler's personal circle that were gay Jews (like Otto Rahn), being overlooked just because they aided him in occult endeavours, and various other examples, shows that at least some senior Nazis were willing to overlook various things if it coincided with their own interests. Might also have some reservations about turning someone who could transform into a giant wolf from Norse mythology, into a camp, too. Could be using that uniform in the above pics whilst on more official duties? Would be a bit weird if he had it just to never wear it. Speaking of more senior Nazis, apparently Goering himself wasn't just camp and wore makeup (from what I've read, his vain tendencies lead him to wear rouge on his cheeks and varnish his nails), he also sometimes cross-dressed (then there's Ernst Rohm, who was openly gay, and who was only killed due to him being a rival for power, and the German army being discontent with the power of the SA). Not the only thing the Nazis were sometimes pragmatic about, regards to ignoring their own doctrine at times (some other examples include the matter of race, and the designation of "honorary Aryans" such as Japanese, or the inclusion of foreign fighters in the SS (like Arabs, Bulgarians, Indians Ukranians and Yugoslavians, among others).

As for coding? I always use as many images as I can find. Anyone who knows me should know that by now, and I always app in the hopes that I can enjoy an RP, not just the "meme of a trap" though it's true every character I've made over the past few years have been traps, it's because I like making those characters, and I actually feel motivated to RP, as opposed to just giving up on NS and not being able to write characters I enjoy RPing. It's also, in part a logical extension of characters I always made on NS, which to some extent were always at least a bit androgynous. I also wouldn't have spent a week working on an app if I didn't hope to enjoy RPing in it.

But yeah, it was WIP for multiple reasons, and one of those was that I like to be open to change, suggestions and whatnot.
Last edited by Nea Videssos on Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
Formerly Videssos. Just a femboy-obsessed degenerate. Also interested in history, mythology, fantasy, science fiction, metal and some other stuff.
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:45 am

Cainesland wrote:I think my app will be wrapped up soon. Do you (Co-ops and/or Op) have any suggestions or concerns before I wrap it up for acceptance or rejection?

In case there are not, I have 2 more questions.

1. For power level is it more to do with how common the power is or how many people they can be effect with it? I thought I should ask because I don't know how common invisibility is but it isn't really an offensive ability.

2. For adding our characters to the lore, was there something you had in mind? Or was it more towards placing names into a roster or mission briefings for mentioning in other rps?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:56 am

Nea Videssos wrote:Probably should have asked to be a CO-Op first. :P

Was hoping that I'd be one of those exceptions (though I did ask about making a Nazi occultist earlier, and received no objections), but oh well.

Even as I mentioned before about "ending up in the camps" the fact that there were members of Himmler's personal circle that were gay Jews (like Otto Rahn), being overlooked just because they aided him in occult endeavours, and various other examples, shows that at least some senior Nazis were willing to overlook various things if it coincided with their own interests. Might also have some reservations about turning someone who could transform into a giant wolf from Norse mythology, into a camp, too. Could be using that uniform in the above pics whilst on more official duties? Would be a bit weird if he had it just to never wear it. Speaking of more senior Nazis, apparently Goering himself wasn't just camp and wore makeup (from what I've read, his vain tendencies lead him to wear rouge on his cheeks and varnish his nails), he also sometimes cross-dressed (then there's Ernst Rohm, who was openly gay, and who was only killed due to him being a rival for power, and the German army being discontent with the power of the SA). Not the only thing the Nazis were sometimes pragmatic about, regards to ignoring their own doctrine at times (some other examples include the matter of race, and the designation of "honorary Aryans" such as Japanese, or the inclusion of foreign fighters in the SS (like Arabs, Bulgarians, Indians Ukranians and Yugoslavians, among others).

As for coding? I always use as many images as I can find. Anyone who knows me should know that by now, and I always app in the hopes that I can enjoy an RP, not just the "meme of a trap" though it's true every character I've made over the past few years have been traps, it's because I like making those characters, and I actually feel motivated to RP, as opposed to just giving up on NS and not being able to write characters I enjoy RPing. It's also, in part a logical extension of characters I always made on NS, which to some extent were always at least a bit androgynous. I also wouldn't have spent a week working on an app if I didn't hope to enjoy RPing in it.

But yeah, it was WIP for multiple reasons, and one of those was that I like to be open to change, suggestions and whatnot.

Noted. My conclusion remains the same.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Sep 09, 2017 12:03 pm

Shame.

Well, this is awkward.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 1:03 pm

Cainesland wrote:
Cainesland wrote:I think my app will be wrapped up soon. Do you (Co-ops and/or Op) have any suggestions or concerns before I wrap it up for acceptance or rejection?

1. For power level is it more to do with how common the power is or how many people they can be effect with it? I thought I should ask because I don't know how common invisibility is but it isn't really an offensive ability.

2. For adding our characters to the lore, was there something you had in mind? Or was it more towards placing names into a roster or mission briefings for mentioning in other rps?

1) Think it's how common in regards to raw strength. A pyromancer that can light a cigarette would be a low level and pretty common; a pyromancer that can incinerate a city would be a high level and rare, hence only one or two of that level in the entire country.

2) This is suppose to be the start of an entire universe, so lore in regards to future things but I wouldn't rule out past stuff as well, it may not be as common though.

Nekronia
Senator

Founded: Dec 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:40 pm

Hey Beiarusia, Shadowwell, Videssos! Nice to see y'all again! This seems like a neat setting, so I think I'll throw my hat into the ring with some neurokinesis.

As for the lore permission bit of the app, I'd be down to put Yes, but I would be asked in TG's how my character would react in the background situation and all that, right?
Last edited by Nekronia on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Templar High Council wrote:The number of times Nek makes sense is grossly outnumbered by the times he doesn't.
IC Info: TL;DR verson of Nekronia: Authoritarian government with elements of the USSR and national socialism. Everyone works for the government, and buys from the government, obsoleting taxes as the money does not leave the country, save for government buying of items of foreign nations. Military is advanced but unconventional, focusing on infantry and psychological warfare. Primary method of national income is export of armaments and other war-related items.

OOC Info: I am a male and an atheist.
Lithianity's Knight of Hilarity and Jackie-***ery

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:21 pm

Cainesland wrote:

Power level has more to do with raw power of the ability, but they can be able to fight those of a higher level than hemselves.

Basically having to do with what they do after WW2 or the like, such as Enoch possibly later going to train British troops for stealth or the like, how to train your senses to see and hear things that aren't there. Or Elsa Konig seemingly dying as a result of bureaucratic idocy, when the Team went to both assassinate a Japanese Super who had atomic powers, as well as to retrieve POW's from Hiroshima and Nagasaki, before the nukes dropped. Or certain members of the Allied side of the team going on to form the Freedom Force during the Cold War era. pretty much major things they would become invloved with or such after the events of this rp, depending upon how far we get.

These are just possible suggestions, that would happen to your characters possibly, but i obviously wouldn't do anything without consulting you guys most likely, though if you want to hear more, Anowa about the Elsa thing, TG me.

Nekronia wrote:Hey Beiarusia, Shadowwell, Videssos! Nice to see y'all again! This seems like a neat setting, so I think I'll throw my hat into the ring with some neurokinesis.

As for the lore permission bit of the app, I'd be down to put Yes, but I would be asked in TG's how my character would react in the background situation and all that, right?

Basically what i put above, in response to Cainesland.

This rp will go until the end of WW2, then there will be a brief period ofa few years, after WW2, until certain events involving the team n the Cold War era. Most of the things done will hopefully be within the characters personality and such, but most things would not really be reaction things.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:10 pm

Well, good luck with your RP Shadow, though unfortunately I won't be participating, it seems.

Nekronia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:18 pm

Shadowwell wrote:-snip-

Thanks man! Looks like I have everything I need to know for my app!

Nea Videssos wrote:Well, good luck with your RP Shadow, though unfortunately I won't be participating, it seems.

Sorry to see ya go, but happy trails. Goodluck on the next RP!
The Templar High Council wrote:The number of times Nek makes sense is grossly outnumbered by the times he doesn't.
IC Info: TL;DR verson of Nekronia: Authoritarian government with elements of the USSR and national socialism. Everyone works for the government, and buys from the government, obsoleting taxes as the money does not leave the country, save for government buying of items of foreign nations. Military is advanced but unconventional, focusing on infantry and psychological warfare. Primary method of national income is export of armaments and other war-related items.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:23 pm

Nekronia wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:-snip-

Thanks man! Looks like I have everything I need to know for my app!

Nea Videssos wrote:Well, good luck with your RP Shadow, though unfortunately I won't be participating, it seems.

Sorry to see ya go, but happy trails. Goodluck on the next RP!

Thanks, and likewise. Shame my app didn't work out, but oh well. I've been recently thinking about joining Tracian's fantasy RP (was busy on holiday when it started, so I couldn't at the time), so I'll probably do that.
Anyway, ciao.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Sep 09, 2017 4:50 pm

[spoiler=Character Apps]
Character App:

NS Nation name: Shadowwell
Character name: Andrew West
Handle/Codename: Patriot
Nationality: American
Appearance: (Pics or Description)
Power Origin: Serum
Power Level: Street level 5
  • Peak Human Physiology: HE is the strongest, fastest, intelligent, durable, etc that a normal human can be.
  • Body Supremacy: His body is superior to that of other humans in nearly all aspects. This has many quirks.

Weaknesses
  • Perfect soldier: He is a soldier anda leader first, so he follows his orders.
  • Only Human: despite his great strengths and abilities, he is ultimately only human, and has humanities weaknesses and such.

Backstory: He was born in 1908, in Boston, Mass. Unlike many that live in Boston, Roberts family was poor. They were the servants of a more prestigious family, The Donovan’s. There was an incident later on in his life, his parents gave their lives to protect the Donovan’s. After the death of his parents in 1920, he was homeless, the Donovans, were not sentimental enough to keep the child of dead favored servants. He was on the streets for a few months, and had luckily survived, but his luck ran out eventually. After a certain incident when he became severely injured, an old soldier took him in.
The man’s family had died during the Great War, though not as a result of it, exactly. He came to eb trained by the soldier, but due to monetary constraints he signed up to become a soldier, and had some success. Eventually he was nominated for an experimental program, a couple years back, and from that day onward, he became the Patriot.
#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Nea Videssos
Minister

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nea Videssos » Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:13 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Nea Videssos wrote:
Thanks, and likewise. Shame my app didn't work out, but oh well. I've been recently thinking about joining Tracian's fantasy RP (was busy on holiday when it started, so I couldn't at the time), so I'll probably do that.
Anyway, ciao.

Sad to see you go, but if you have any ideas you think would fit for missions, please fill them out, if yuo want.

I would've liked to help with the RP (including missions), but it'd be a bit awkward being the only participant of the RP not actually doing anything in the IC (as for making another character... well it's increasingly rare that my imagination flows enough to make a new character these days - a lot of the time I just lurk with a bunch of vague ideas in my post drafts before drifting away from an RP if I can't get the motivation, and I didn't have any other ideas save for a very vague Japanese one, and that would be declined on account of being an Axis character, as well as being a trap/"meme").

Anyway, bye.

Nekronia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 6:55 pm

Character App:

NS Nation name: Nekronia
Character name: John "Jackie" Abrams
Handle/Codename: Meridian
Nationality: American
Appearance:

Power Origin: Experimentation
Power Level: 3
  • M1 Garand: American standard-issue semiautomatic rifle. Leather rifle sling included.
  • Colt M1911 (2): A pair of reliable pistols with holsters. For when you have more Wild West show tickets to your name than sense.
  • Knives: A gravity knife, shaving razor, and a boot knife. For when you're prepared, and when you're not prepared.
  • Grenades: "A bullet may have your name on it, but a grenade is addressed to whom it may concern."
  • Binoculars: For when your eyes aren't good enough at being eyes.
  • Zippo Lighter: What it says on the tin. No cigarettes to go with it, though...
  • Magic Supplies: No, not actual magic. Steel-edged playing cards and such.
  • Flashlight: It flashes light.
  • Food: Mostly snacks, like granola bars and stuff. Metahumans get hungry too!
  • Flask: Y'know, just for a sip on the long road. Shhh, it's hard booze.
  • Dental Floss: It's floss, but waxed silk floss since modern nylon floss is a short few years away. Still good.
  • Pocket Mirror: A small folding mirror... that can fit in a pocket. Made for personal grooming, such as applying makeup.
  • Coat: For holding all of the above. May or may not include a load-bearing vest under it, depending on the situation.

• Jackie of all Trades: He has a wide variety of skills and knowledge, even if they're not all useful. He's fluent in his native tongue of American English, but also standard German, and has a tiiiny pinch of French. He also knows how to ride a unicycle (but not a bicycle), steal a car (but not drive one), and cook a delicious meal (to him). He has knowledge on random subjects ranging from plumbing and woodworking to anatomy and chemistry. He can play jazz music to offend all the old folks, or recite parts of plays to bore everyone else. He knows trivia from pulp fiction and philosophers. It's roulette if he knows something about any given topic.

• Magician: No, magic show magic, not magic magic. Sleight-of-hand from vaudeville magic can be put to good use depending on the situation. Breaking out of handcuffs in particular is a useful skill.

• Trickster: Jackie can combine his random knowledge to be useful in random situations, even if not conventionally. A history book's remark on ventilation problems of historical mines can be inspiration to smoke out an enemy bunker by just burning some gasoline or wood. An "ace up the sleeve" card trick can just as easily be done with a knife. The cord to a lightswitch-activated lamp can be cut and put in a puddle underneath said light switch. He's more of an asymmetrical warfare kind of guy.

• Triumph of the Will: This stubborn brat is just that: A stubborn brat. He might not have looks or muscles on his side, but he can keep going longer than the average man. Cardio also helps him keep going, but it's mostly guts that does the trick.

• Neurokinesis: Jackie's power is over the nervous system. It's not mind control, it's control over the physical hardware.

• Steal Nerves: The first aspect is how he can use it on others. As long as he can see or otherwise knows where someone is relative to him (e.g. having looked around at everyone and they haven't silently run away), he can selectively extend, contract, or relax their muscles via their voluntary nervous system. He can make them drop their weapons, close their eyes, scream, stay silent, and so on. He can affect as many people as he can keep track of, but doing more complicated and varied things (e.g. unloading their weapons, throwing objects, walking) requires more attention that would be impossible to be spread across an entire company. Getting the whole company to close their eyes, however... much simpler. Much, much simpler. The power can also be exerted over fresh bodies (assuming the muscles and nerves are intact) as this is a power over bodies, but given how much focus is needed to puppet a full body that would be a niche thing.

• Overclock: Jackie can also affect himself, but it wouldn't mean much to puppet the body he already has control over. His true advantage is in controlling his arousal level and time perception, similar to adrenaline. If you have ever suddenly fallen or had another similarly panicked event where time suddenly seems to move slowly, that's what he can do to himself. His nerves move faster and his brain works faster, or maybe he does the opposite and makes them move slower to pass the time. This doesn't make him smarter, stronger, or even physically faster, this simply makes his perception of time change so he can take his mental time. For example, to the outside observer, he may have just jumped out of a window shooting at someone, but in his eyes he had all the time in the world to line up the shot.

Weaknesses
  • Where's the Beef?: Jackie can't read minds, sensory input, or anything else. He only has his own senses. If he takes over someone's complete body and tries to walk, he'll need to pay close attention since he only has his eyes to tell if they're off-balance and need to lean more in a direction. As a result, trying to full control someone's body means he can only use his powers on that one person, and the awkwardness of trying to move without any sense of balance, feeling, gravity, etc. would make the puppet seem severely drunk. A very unconvincing act, especially combined with the inability to talk. Only scream, awkwardly laugh, wheeze, snore, and shut up. Don't expect very convincing acts from puppets.

• Focus Group: He needs to actually be able to apply focus to a target to influence them. He needs to personally know their position relative to him, so looking at a picture, being told where they're at, or seeing one of many reflections in a house of mirrors would be of no use. Sight, sound, and feeling are the only real ways he could pinpoint a person's location. As mentioned in Steal Nerves, more complicated actions require more thought. Making everyone let go of their weapons would be a piece of cake, making everyone unload and jam their weapons would require going through targets one-by-one. Similarly, having his focus interrupted will interrupt his control. For example, getting slapped unexpectedly or shot would free his victims until he can regain his wits, assuming he hasn't become preoccupied with whatever distracted him from the start.

• Let's Get Physical: His powers are purely control of the physical body. If he's messing with a metahuman, very VERY few powers would be able to be used by him in any way. If someone can shoot fire and lightning, he can't make them do that. He could make them fall over onto a fire they started, but that's it. If it's a superstrength person he could have them punch themselves and all that, but they presumably already can handle superhuman stress if they have such a power. Superspeed would be nigh-impossible to exploit due to the godawful coordination mentioned above. Great, the Flash can take a supersonic first step before tripping supersonically. What an amazing use of superpowers!

• Stop Hitting Yourself: He can only control what the victim can control, as his power over others is through the voluntary nervous system, not the autonomous nervous system. So no stopping hearts or anything, and breathing could only be stopped for a little bit before the victim's body forces itself to give control back to the autonomous nervous system. Just like holding your own breath. He can't directly do any harm with his powers whatsoever, he needs to make them do something harmful.

• Witness the End: He doesn't actually have any enhanced physical abilities, so Overclocking won't help him outrun an enemy or anything. He'd be able to watch a bullet slowly approach his chest and tear through it, but he won't actually be capable of doing anything about it. Fuck.

• Abrasive Maneuvers: He's a stubborn brat who can be contrarian with society and is often seen annoying or even outright antagonizing others, accidentally or intentionally, with the help of his flippant attitude. In short, he's a Jackie-ass. Don't expect him to be the most popular kid in the Team.

• Better Dead than Red: He might be a red-blooded American, but that doesn't mean he likes the reds. Oh no, you know damn well it's quite the opposite. The First Red Scare is still in living memory for some people, and the echoes are still around. He does not like commies nor monarchists. The individual ought to rise and fall on his own merits, eat the fruit of his own labor! There's a mutual enemy in the oppressive fascists since they attacked us all first, but that doesn't mean he has to like the enemy of his enemy. Personal matters can be settled later. "You'll get yours..."

• Slim Jim: He's pretty damn weak, even for a kid his age. Middleschoolers would be his match in armwrestling. If he didn't have his powers, he wouldn't be in the military at all because of how weak he is. He's fit and healthy, he just lacks the muscle mass.

• Greenhorn: Unlike others in the Team or on the other side's equivalent, he's not a veteran. He's just an eager kid signing up for the war, for ideals, for manhood. He's stubborn,
    but he's still a bit human in there. He's not just meta, he's metahuman.

Backstory:
John Abrams was born to two parents in America, who were special for the time in that they both worked upper-middle class jobs. They weren't hit as hard by the Great Depression as others, as his parents were quite smooth at their routine of constantly hopping between corporate management jobs. If one corporation was about to go down, they'd just hop ship to another one. They were quite good at what they did, and as social darwinists they were proud of it.

However, his strange parents weren't the ones raising the kid. Since they both worked, they hired a nanny to do that. Said nanny was pretty laidback and apathetic, so John slowly learned to do things on his own like a latchkey kid. Unfortunately, he was not necessarily competent at those things. Letting a kid cut his own hair doesn't always make the kid look his best. When he started going to school, the combination of messy haircuts, wimpy strength from genetically-high myostatin, lack of practiced social skills and customs, and the eyepatch he needed to wear for fixing his lazy eye did not make him a popular kid at school. Being ignorant and naive, he failed to understand why no one wanted to be friends with the weird ugly kid, so he stuck to the corner reading comic books and stuff. The nerd in the corner, no one remarkable. He wanted to help people and have friends, but lacked skills and tact to do so.

The cycle of poor social skills and avoiding social situations due to said poor social skills kept going until middleschool. Around when puberty hit, it hit like a train. No, he become attractive or strong or anything, he just switched from being a meek nerd to a complete asshole. The teen jerk. He had sat in the corner with a book long enough, he had been a passive pansy long enough, and he was fed up with people. He started picking fights at school instead of sheepishly slinking away whenever a remark or sideeye came his way, not that he actually won any of those fights.

He vowed not to return to the weakness of before and to improve himself. To spite his former self, he began insisting everyone call him the nickname "Jackie" rather than his birthname "John". Being a rebel without a cause was kinda annoying, so he desperately dug around in books for some excuse to be an asshole. Some Muscular Christianity, Nietzsche, social darwinism, and other reading later, Jackie emerged from his cocoon a new, slightly more educated caterpillar. His new morality would worship individualism, and primarily focus on self-actualization, or reaching one's potential. He started working out, reading random books, practicing arbitrary skills he found interesting, figuring out how to actually groom himself, and so on. All improvement, all the time. Well, all the time that he wasn't trying to help others improve. And by help others improve, I mean be an asshole with the internal justification of "conflict breeds progress".

When true conflict started breaking out while he was finishing highschool, he wasn't shocked. In fact, he wasn't even upset about the bloodshed. He was glad. After so much peace lead to a stagnation as bad as the Great Depression, a sequel to the Great War was just what everyone needed to get things moving again, in his warped vision. Conflict breeds progress.
His only regret was that it was the capitalists and communists against the fascists rather than the capitalists and fascists against the communists, but at least it would save the most important fight for last. A glorious climax to the fight for individual rights and freedom across the globe!

With all the wide-eyed idealism of the teen he was, he was more than happy to sign up for fighting the good fight that was clearly approaching. Unfortunately, his weakness that inconvenienced him as a schoolboy was getting in the way again, as he failed the basic tests to be eligible to join the army. But then he tried harder to join, again and again with stubborn determination that one time he would get lucky and achieve his destined role. He passed the test a grand total of zero times. However, eventually he managed to get into something even better: One of the metahuman experiments. Such a determined brat would be eager to join, and hardly be missed. The perfect candidate for another round of attempts at making superhumans. He was one of the lucky subjects, having the potential to be a metahuman and having it trigger in testing. With his newfound powers, alongside a bit of research and training, he was put on the Allies' metahuman unit, the Team. Now to see if he's actually up to the task and doesn't get dishonorably discharged for his personality.
TL;DR: Stubborn improvement-obsessed brat tries to join the army, too weak to join normally, does the reckless thing and tries to get in via experimental methods. He gets neurokinesis and gets put on the Team. Audentes Fortuna iuvat.

Permission: Yes. Just doublecheck with me on personality stuff / what he'd do, if possible. He's not always predictable.
#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Nekronia on Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nekronia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Nekronia » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:21 pm

Alright, I hope I got everything down. Tried to balance the power by making it so it's better at disabling opponents than doing raw damage. Hopefully I can provide some tension/foil to the rest of the more professional and experienced members. And one-up those gotdang commies. 'MERICA!

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sat Sep 09, 2017 7:47 pm

NPC App

Character name: Nikita Kalinin
Handle/Codename: General Winter
Nationality: Russian
Appearance:
Personality: Cold, due to his abilities he is coldhearted, towards most things.
Alignment: Soviets
Power Origin: NAturally
Power Level: Street level 5
  • Cold Embodiment: Wherever he steps the temperature drops, he can usually control it to some extent.
  • Winter manipulation: He can control ice, snow and the cold, and this power is amplified by the surrounding normal temperature, if it is cold enough. Some abilities are unusable, if it is too cold.

Weaknesses
  • It Burns: General Winter is very susceptible to certain types of heat, natural heat from sunlight, only impacts his powers, but fire or the like, Meta or otherwise, can be a detriment to his physical attribute.
  • Cold Blooded: While he can generate ice and such, anywhere there is moisture, or cold, if it is too warm, his abilities are severely weakened. Also, the more he uses his powers, the more apathetic he becomes.

Backstory: He was born in the small remote village of Oymyakon, in 1916. It is known as one of the coldest places on earth. He awakened to his powers when he was only 6, he had gone out in the middle of winter, in an emergency. He blacked out due to the cold, but when he was found there was a bubble of sorts, keeping the cold and ice from reaching him. Since that time, his powers had advanced, and though the villagers were leery of him, he was a great help during the winter, unfortunately that was not to last.
When he was 8, a scientist visted the place, for some reason, and recorded the temperature, of nearly a hundred degrees below zero. The strangest thing, was that there was a lightly dressed boy moving through it as if it was a summer day. After that, he was eventually taken, and has served the government ever since, using his powers for the Glory of Mother Russia. Recently he has been helping resist the German advance on Moscow.
Permission: Yeah
#TIMES (DO NOT REMOVE)
Last edited by Shadowwell on Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse