NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 6:53 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ok, I'll have class in a second, but typically round twelve I start typing up a draft, since my school district has a Career Center, and we have to take a bus there.

I wasn't picturing porting at the city. I was picturing the expedition to anchor in the Nile, but good question none the less. Might be good factual information.

Yeah, the reason the upper Nile is so hard to get to is the cataphracts. Any ship of size will struggle to pass even the first on the way south, and from there an expedition would have to more or less proceed on foot.

Seems like to me that the expedition will want to maximize trade, so they want to set many deals regardless since I was doing patrols to get trade set up. I'll just have to travel farther. Thx for the info
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:02 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Yeah, the reason the upper Nile is so hard to get to is the cataphracts. Any ship of size will struggle to pass even the first on the way south, and from there an expedition would have to more or less proceed on foot.

Seems like to me that the expedition will want to maximize trade, so they want to set many deals regardless since I was doing patrols to get trade set up. I'll just have to travel farther. Thx for the info

Cool, cool. Just didn't want you sailing a caravel up to Nubia and then being told you needed to retcon.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:21 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Seems like to me that the expedition will want to maximize trade, so they want to set many deals regardless since I was doing patrols to get trade set up. I'll just have to travel farther. Thx for the info

Cool, cool. Just didn't want you sailing a caravel up to Nubia and then being told you needed to retcon.

I hate retconning, but so thx.

[sarcasm] But since this is a alternate universe, maybe expand the Nile, and call it the Nike? :lol:
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:27 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

I hate retconning, but so thx.

[sarcasm] But since this is a alternate universe, maybe expand the Nile, and call it the Nike? :lol:

Tempting, but we would still have to contend with the cataphracts in all likelihood. It is more a case of the river having to descend from the Ethiopian highlands to sea level, and that's a significant drop in elevation in the rough topography of Upper Egypt :P
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:30 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I hate retconning, but so thx.

Tempting, but we would still have to contend with the cataphracts in all likelihood. It is more a case of the river having to descend from the Ethiopian highlands to sea level, and that's a significant drop in elevation in the rough topography of Upper Egypt :P

Yeh, science. Ruiner of so many simple tweaks.

One time I was thinking to making a world that's been designed from tectonic plates, so that it would be realistic, then I realized how confusing tectonic plates are when it comes to world making.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:32 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Yeh, science. Ruiner of so many simple tweaks.

One time I was thinking to making a world that's been designed from tectonic plates, so that it would be realistic, then I realized how confusing tectonic plates are when it comes to world making.

Trust me, I started a degree in Urban Planning and Geography; plate tectonics are voodoo science that even in the modern day we don't really understand and are still revising even our most salient theories about. Trying to understand them as a layman can really only be done in very superficial terms.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:48 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeh, science. Ruiner of so many simple tweaks.

Trust me, I started a degree in Urban Planning and Geography; plate tectonics are voodoo science that even in the modern day we don't really understand and are still revising even our most salient theories about. Trying to understand them as a layman can really only be done in very superficial terms.

I already tried, and it made me confused. The sad part I wanted a realistic world and looking at fractal randomly generated worlds all I can think is unrealistic looking.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:03 am

Yeh, Roman Empire reference! Fun fact: Last great general in the Roman Empire is Stilichio (half-vandal general) who gets executed after the Emperor was told of a conspiracy from anti-vandal politicians.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:07 am, edited 2 times in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:06 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeh, Roman Empire reference! Last great general in the Roman Empire is Stilichio(half-vandal general) who gets executed after the Emperor was told of a conspiracy from anti-vandal politicians.

Yeah, the Hegemon would rather avoid every Legate trying to take over the Imperium when their lads need better pay :lol:

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:08 am

The Orson Empire wrote:I am shaping up Turner to eventually become like Littlefinger from Game of Thrones.

My plan is to have "little birds" all throughout Ego, feeding useful information back to me so that I can plan out my next moves.

The Cult of the Fox and the Tricksters would like to have a word with you.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:14 am

Oh, Ulls? Don't forget that I'm still looking for a lore post from Ego.

Yatzatz
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 26, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yatzatz » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:17 am

Author Application

Full Name: Yaitz Dervon (pseudonym)
Appearance: (Description or Picture) Shorter than average, blue eyes, hair a cross between dirty blond and red
Height and Weight: slighly heavier and shorter than averge
Religion: None, for RP purposes
Field of Expertise: Mathematics (I know a lot about math IRL)
Skills and Strengths: Math, Science, Creativity
Weaknesses: Weak social skills
Where in the world are you landing?: Japan
RP Sample: The Infinites: And Beyond! RP

Also, has anything on this RP happened in Japan yet?

Edit: Updating location to Shizuoku Province.
Last edited by Yatzatz on Mon Sep 25, 2017 3:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hi!
Yatzatz is a tropical North Pacific nation. RP population is about 25 million.
The noblest of all dogs is the hot dog; it feeds the hand that bites it. -Laurence J. Peter
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx
I must study politics and war that my sons may have liberty to study mathematics and philosophy. -John Adams
Hanging is too good for a man who makes puns; he should be drawn and quoted. -Fred Allen

Creator of NS Alternate WW2, a historical-based WW2 with NS countries thrown in.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:19 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeh, Roman Empire reference! Last great general in the Roman Empire is Stilichio(half-vandal general) who gets executed after the Emperor was told of a conspiracy from anti-vandal politicians.

Yeah, the Hegemon would rather avoid every Legate trying to take over the Imperium when their lads need better pay :lol:

The irony was Stilichio was likely the only general probably able to stop the fall of Rome or atleast slow it down. He repelled the visigoths from colonizing Italy, but after his death the ostrogoths colonized Italy.

Stilichio had the legitimacy of becoming the Emperor, being that he was the emperors uncle, so it is possible that he was conspiring against the emprah, but what's likely is Rome just had some vandal haters.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:23 am

Yatzatz wrote:
Author Application

Appearance: (Description or Picture) Shorter than average, blue eyes, hair a cross between dirty blond and red

Hmm. You don't really need to list Mathematics as both a Field of Expertise and Skill. Also, what type of skill level are we talking? Differential calculus, or being an expert at adding and subtracting?

As far as Japan goes, yes, there's a small state in the south that is busy breaking up, but was a sort of communist-politburo organization based on labor tithes. Aside from that, nothing of note aside from another Author.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

The irony was Stilichio was likely the only general probably able to stop the fall of Rome or atleast slow it down. He repelled the visigoths from colonizing Italy, but after his death the ostrogoths colonized Italy.

Stilichio had the legitimacy of becoming the Emperor, being that he was the emperors uncle, so it is possible that he was conspiring against the emprah, but what's likely is Rome just had some vandal haters.

Aye, late Rome tends to be an object less in expectations being defied, and the breakdown of social responsibility.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:37 am

It has a total of 6 cataracts between the coast and my village, making it impossible for any large vessel to effectively get upstream, which is why we use canoes that can be carried through such obstacles.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:44 am

Aidannadia wrote:

It has a total of 6 cataracts between the coast and my village, making it impossible for any large vessel to effectively get upstream, which is why we use canoes that can be carried through such obstacles.

How about I meet your canoers while on a patrol and they end up taking me to your village? I figured that'd be a good start. Also do you want post back and forth or one whole thing, so it's easy to read?

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:48 am

Yatzatz wrote:
Author Application

Hmm. You don't really need to list Mathematics as both a Field of Expertise and Skill. Also, what type of skill level are we talking? Differential calculus, or being an expert at adding and subtracting?

As far as Japan goes, yes, there's a small state in the south that is busy breaking up, but was a sort of communist-politburo organization based on labor tithes. Aside from that, nothing of note aside from another Author.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:The irony was Stilichio was likely the only general probably able to stop the fall of Rome or atleast slow it down. He repelled the visigoths from colonizing Italy, but after his death the ostrogoths colonized Italy.

Aye, late Rome tends to be an object less in expectations being defied, and the breakdown of social responsibility.

Warring States!!! Wait a minute I'm not their... I DISHONERED MY FAMILY!!!!!!!

*stabs himself in the stomach*

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:50 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:It has a total of 6 cataracts between the coast and my village, making it impossible for any large vessel to effectively get upstream, which is why we use canoes that can be carried through such obstacles.

How about I meet your canoers while on a patrol and they end up taking me to your village? I figured that'd be a good start. Also do you want post back and forth or one whole thing, so it's easy to read?

I personally recommend GDocs for back-and-forth conversation posts.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:It has a total of 6 cataracts between the coast and my village, making it impossible for any large vessel to effectively get upstream, which is why we use canoes that can be carried through such obstacles.

We could do a google doc for the conversation, then have one of us format/copy+paste parts. It depends really how we want to do it.

Perhaps the the same set up to the conversation, same words in the conversation, but we have two posts for the internal dialogue

unless we get fancy with our transitions and keep switching perspective from paragraph to paragraph.
Last edited by Aidannadia on Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:52 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:How about I meet your canoers while on a patrol and they end up taking me to your village? I figured that'd be a good start. Also do you want post back and forth or one whole thing, so it's easy to read?

I personally recommend GDocs for back-and-forth conversation posts.

Yeah, ends up being cleaner, but it's up to Aidan. I like going with the flow being the quiet advisor making slight opinions.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:54 am

Aidannadia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:How about I meet your canoers while on a patrol and they end up taking me to your village? I figured that'd be a good start. Also do you want post back and forth or one whole thing, so it's easy to read?

We could do a google doc for the conversation, then have one of us format/copy+paste parts. It depends really how we want to do it.

Perhaps the the same set up to the conversation, same words in the conversation, but we have two posts for the internal dialogue

unless we get fancy with our transitions and keep switching perspective from paragraph to paragraph.

Typically I don't copy just write in the doc. So should I TG you my email.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:56 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:We could do a google doc for the conversation, then have one of us format/copy+paste parts. It depends really how we want to do it.

Sure, but give me like 30 minutes to get home so I can set this up.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:57 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:We could do a google doc for the conversation, then have one of us format/copy+paste parts. It depends really how we want to do it.

You can make a new document in GDocs, then hit "Share". It'll generate a link you can TG to Aid, just remember to put the permissions to "anyone with link can edit".

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:59 am

Aidannadia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Typically I don't copy just write in the doc. So should I TG you my email.

Sure, but give me like 30 minutes to get home so I can set this up.

Still have school, but lots of free time right now, so I'd hurry, because 11:40ish I'm having lunch.
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Typically I don't copy just write in the doc. So should I TG you my email.

You can make a new document in GDocs, then hit "Share". It'll generate a link you can TG to Aid, just remember to put the permissions to "anyone with link can edit".

Eh, same result either way.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:08 pm

Question about age. If you're a let's say 6 year old for example do you stay appearance wise and age a 6 year old?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse