NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Posted part 1 please tell problems

Oh great now it's going to be the re-rise of the Tzars

I'm going to make Slavonia a parliamentary monarchy, much like the IRL UK.

Slavonia
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
+1. Looks good- no problems that I could see.

Ooh, Tsar of Tsars. That would be a good addition to the Emperor's titles. I'll have to remember that for the future.

Hey before you became the Imperium what was your kingdom name?

There was none- Viktor went from prominent merchant-warrior in Mara, to protector of Mara and several nearby areas, to "Emperor", which at the time was just accounted as a title for a chief of chiefs. There were no kingdoms, no lords, no political systems prior to Viktor's arrival.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:29 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Posted part 1 please tell problems

Oh great now it's going to be the re-rise of the Tzars

Ooh, Tsar of Tsars. That would be a good addition to the Emperor's titles. I'll have to remember that for the future.

Would you mind if I skipped ahead to when the Engineers,artists etc etc start to arrive in Brittany?
Lover of doggos

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:30 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:Not sure how I should feel about Scythia.

I want to form something as close to an ideal Russia as possible, but I don't want to piss anyone off at the moment lol.

Yes. I doubt they will bother you, with Cristo being lazy and not posting, but it is worth noting.

Also, I should, as OP, technically question your character's progress in a single day. Knapping a stone is a mostly lost art, and without a good stone for his tools your Author will struggle to fell a single tree in a day, let alone multiple. Additionally, I'm not aware of any vines in Russia, and doubt your character would be able to catch a fish with no tools.

Leninist South Africa wrote:On a random sidenote, should I make a Discord for all of us?

Personally I would prefer not- OOCs that turn to Discord tend not to attract new posters, and usually lead to dead RPs.

Russia does actually have vines.
Fallopia baldschanica

Also, it is viable for me to chop down a tree with a stone axe, called an adze.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:31 pm

Revlona wrote:

Would you mind if I skipped ahead to when the Engineers,artists etc etc start to arrive in Brittany?

Honestly, I would prefer if you spent some time RPing your character's reaction to the events, pacifying the remaining rebel sentiment, and whatnot. You're already quite far ahead of most posters in the RP in terms of timescale.

Though, it won't take more than a week or two for the first ships to begin arriving. They'll likely start work on constructing ports/forts in northern Brittany to help with passage between Brittany and the rest of the Imperium.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:Russia does actually have vines.
Fallopia baldschanica

It is- if that adze is sharp. Do you know how to sharpen a stone tool? How to identify flint rocks for a proper cutting edge?
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:35 pm

Revlona wrote:Would you mind if I skipped ahead to when the Engineers,artists etc etc start to arrive in Brittany?

Honestly, I would prefer if you spent some time RPing your character's reaction to the events, pacifying the remaining rebel sentiment, and whatnot. You're already quite far ahead of most posters in the RP in terms of timescale.

Though, it won't take more than a week or two for the first ships to begin arriving. They'll likely start work on constructing ports/forts in northern Brittany to help with passage between Brittany and the rest of the Imperium.

Alright seems good.

And until the Trust between Brittany and the Imperium is high enough manning these forts with my own men
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:36 pm

Revlona wrote:

Alright seems good.

And until the Trust between Brittany and the Imperium is high enough manning these forts with my own men

Hmm, well, by law those forts will be manned by Stalwarts, professional soldiers drawn from the local population.

Though to be fair, anything more sophisticated than a palisade will take time build. You have to place mines, get quarries running, drag stone all the way to your build sites, and whatnot.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Revlona wrote:
Alright seems good.

Hmm, well, by law those forts will be manned by Stalwarts, professional soldiers drawn from the local population.

Though to be fair, anything more sophisticated than a palisade will take time build. You have to place mines, get quarries running, drag stone all the way to your build sites, and whatnot.

True
Lover of doggos

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:04 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:Russia does actually have vines.
Fallopia baldschanica

It is- if that adze is sharp. Do you know how to sharpen a stone tool? How to identify flint rocks for a proper cutting edge?

NVM then, it seems I'm stuck up shitcreek without a paddle.

Skarten
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:19 pm

Full Name:Yaroshima Morikazu
Appearance:-Will Add Later-
Height and Weight:1.90 Meters,70 KG
Religion:Christian
Field of Expertise:History
Skills and Strengths:Yaroshima was born a son of a wealthy Farm-Owner, which means he learned a lot about agriculture. He has gone to school to learn Alchemy and Mining (Mostly because he liked the subject, and he already had his father's farm to take over as a job,so..)And he has a hobbie of being a Gunsmith (He likes Old weapons that use gunpowder and Common swords)
Weaknesses:Rather Physically Weak.
Where in the world are you landing?:Western Kyushu,Japan
RP Sample:Will add Soon

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:15 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:

NVM then, it seems I'm stuck up shitcreek without a paddle.

It's perfectly possible that your character learns to knap over time. But you should probably start near civilization if you don't want your Author starving.

Skarten wrote:Full Name:Yaroshima Morikazu
Skills and Strengths:Yaroshima was born a son of a wealthy Farm-Owner, which means he learned a lot about agriculture. He has gone to school to learn Alchemy and Mining (Mostly because he liked the subject, and he already had his father's farm to take over as a job,so..)And he has a hobbie of being a Gunsmith (He likes Old weapons that use gunpowder and Common swords)

Let's see here. Two things off the bat: "History" is ah extremely broad area to be an expert in. Also, Mining and Alchemy aren't actually subjects someone can go to university for. All in all, this seems, no offense, like an unrealistic application designed as wish fulfillment. That's not really the premise of this RP.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 20, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:04 pm

Deep isn't it?

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:13 pm

Leninist South Africa wrote:NVM then, it seems I'm stuck up shitcreek without a paddle.

It's perfectly possible that your character learns to knap over time. But you should probably start near civilization if you don't want your Author starving.

Skarten wrote:Full Name:Yaroshima Morikazu

Let's see here. Two things off the bat: "History" is ah extremely broad area to be an expert in. Also, Mining and Alchemy aren't actually subjects someone can go to university for. All in all, this seems, no offense, like an unrealistic application designed as wish fulfillment. That's not really the premise of this RP.

Well he's a son of a wealthy farm owner, so he can do any type of course really.
Not really A "College" But one of those little courses.
Why?
For the glory of Capitalism of course
Plus i'm pretty Expert at history. Best in all my classes/School since 5th Grade (In my country it's not really history until 5th Grade)

Revlona
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:17 pm

Skarten wrote:

Well he's a son of a wealthy farm owner, so he can do any type of course really.
Why?
Plus i'm pretty Expert at history. Best in all my classes/School since 5th Grade (In my country it's not really history until 5th Grade)

You pretty much have to have a degree in something for us to call you an expert in it.

And like G-tech said, history is a broad term, is it military history? Japanese history? American history?
Lover of doggos

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:29 pm

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:Deep isn't it?

Also deep :P

Skarten wrote:

Why?

I'm not really interested in what he 'could' have taken as much as in what you, as a writer, can portray in a believable manner. Real people study for years to become experts in a very specific subset of history, say, the military history of Greece. One person will not be an expert in general history, period, anymore than one person will be an expert in "engineering", or "fighting".

Again, alchemy isn't an actual thing that can be learned in university. Neither is mining. Perhaps you aren't in college yet- that's perfectly fine. I would simply ask you to rework your application to include what you personally are capable of. If you want to be a gunsmith and have done a bit of reading in the topic that is great, but don't include something like "can make guns" unless it is a process you could actually replicate from your own mind without a cheeky Google.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:33 pm

Skarten wrote:Well he's a son of a wealthy farm owner, so he can do any type of course really.
Why?

I'm not really interested in what he 'could' have taken as much as in what you, as a writer, can portray in a believable manner. Real people study for years to become experts in a very specific subset of history, say, the military history of Greece. One person will not be an expert in general history, period, anymore than one person will be an expert in "engineering", or "fighting".

Again, alchemy isn't an actual thing that can be learned in university. Neither is mining. Perhaps you aren't in college yet- that's perfectly fine. I would simply ask you to rework your application to include what you personally are capable of. If you want to be a gunsmith and have done a bit of reading in the topic that is great, but don't include something like "can make guns" unless it is a process you could actually replicate from your own mind without a cheeky Google.

I meant the IC post.

Skarten
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Skarten » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:51 pm

Skarten wrote:Well he's a son of a wealthy farm owner, so he can do any type of course really.
Why?

Just a online example.
http://www.alchemystudy.com/
Well, it's that College is different where i live. I'm in college, but college in brazil here is weird.
Thanks good it's free tho

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:25 pm

Skarten wrote:

Just a online example.
http://www.alchemystudy.com/
Well, it's that College is different where i live. I'm in college, but college in brazil here is weird.
Thanks good it's free tho

Erm, excuse my incredulity, but as a man of science that website looks like... bunk.

Kingdom of Tunisia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Kingdom of Tunisia » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:34 pm

So, GT was my post good or does it need some work?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:37 pm

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:So, GT was my post good or does it need some work?

It looked good, though you'll probably need a better reason for not being executed than "it was a joke bro!". Perhaps they intended to execute the Author, but were interrupted by the attack? It also begs the question of why the Author is the new chief instead of the chief's son/brother/trusted friend.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:46 pm

Kingdom of Tunisia wrote:So, GT was my post good or does it need some work?

It looked good, though you'll probably need a better reason for not being executed than "it was a joke bro!". Perhaps they intended to execute the Author, but were interrupted by the attack? It also begs the question of why the Author is the new chief instead of the chief's son/brother/trusted friend.

Because he did what Jeb did and took it by force? Though the Author doesn't look like a warlike character.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 6:51 pm

Ulls wrote:

Because he did what Jeb did and took it by force? Though the Author doesn't look like a warlike character.

Nah, he didn't take it by force- the chief he lied to got shot and for some reason made his character chief as he lay dying. No real reason for that except something about trying to fight the attackers.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:39 pm

Ulls wrote:Because he did what Jeb did and took it by force? Though the Author doesn't look like a warlike character.

Nah, he didn't take it by force- the chief he lied to got shot and for some reason made his character chief as he lay dying. No real reason for that except something about trying to fight the attackers.

Huh, well I'm sending an expedition to Olog, and I do think he is in New Jersey or close to it so he can intercept me and get see if I can get an alliance and help him with crafting iron tools.

Leninist South Africa
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Leninist South Africa » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:50 pm

Can I post my next day?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse