NATION

PASSWORD

Gotham: Tempest Rising (DC/Superhero/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:40 pm

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:-SNIP-

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc stared down the man, "Maybe they're just drawn by the smell."
He didn't know who the fuck this guy was, he could have been a Riddler grunt. Moon Knight gripped the crescent moon dart and tensed his legs, ready to get above this guy if he turned hostile.
He looked down at the rifle, well-made, no doubt it would go clean through his armour. Marc made a note to coat it with a reflective material in case one of the many criminals got himself one of those guns.
"It also seems to have a supply for guys with guns and fancy weapons like that."
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Founded: Aug 06, 2012

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:50 pm

Sterkistan wrote:

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc stared down the man, "Maybe they're just drawn by the smell."
He didn't know who the fuck this guy was, he could have been a Riddler grunt. Moon Knight gripped the crescent moon dart and tensed his legs, ready to get above this guy if he turned hostile.
He looked down at the rifle, well-made, no doubt it would go clean through his armour. Marc made a note to coat it with a reflective material in case one of the many criminals got himself one of those guns.
"It also seems to have a supply for guys with guns and fancy weapons like that."

Jack Gordon / Observer

Jack looked on the man, "The smell of crime or the smell of death, indeed." The man used some sort of white costume, he heard of the rumors of "Moon Knight", perhaps he could be the one. Carving moon on the head of those criminals, and destructive as some says. He seemed to be very intent on his rifle. "You want this? This is not some standard-issued ballistic-based assault rifle in the military or law enforcement. This is a laser-based assault rifle, laser packs, overheating as its weaknesses."

"You want me to help on piercing Riddler's glass?"
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

So Covenant declare a crusade and then wage jihad? :p

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:45 pm

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc smugly grinned under his mask, not that Jack could see that.
"I've been around the block a few times, never seen anything like it though," he looked down at the box and at Nigma inside.
"I mean, normally I would say yeah. But I kinda want to know what he's saving for ol' Batsy, and I don't think he could tell him with a swelled up face."
He jumped down from the top of the box, placing the dart back on his belt.
"Where'd you get the gun?" Marc asked, motioning to the weapon, "Also be careful, Riddler's got the place hooked up like a massive gauntlet. That's why I came through the wall." He motioned around the room.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Aug 29, 2017 12:40 am

Sterkistan wrote:
Bycrest wrote:-SNIP-

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

"Lots of money spent on lighting, waste of time."
He wandered over to the box, traversing carefully to make sure there weren't any traps.
"What's with you and the Bat anyway, you'd probably be better off not leaving clues everywhere."
He took a look at the box, giving it a nice hard kick to test if it was bolted down.
"You put lots of effort into this just for some dude in a white suit to come and wipe out your henchmen."
He jumped up onto the box, sitting down on top of it.
"Let's wait for the Batman then shall we."
He looked down the sight of the gun, firing a few shots into Riddler's green lights and 1 or 2 into the box, before ejecting the magazine and placing it down beside him, fidgeting with one of his razor-sharp crescent moon boomerang-darts while he waited with Nigma for the Batman.

"Well that was ultimately pointless and a waste, you should really learn to have a thing for theatrics like Batman does." Riddler said as Moon Knight destroyed his lights and inspected the box, not even flinching when the box was shot.

"As for why I leave my riddles behind; I'm not interested in the money, it's the challenge. I know I am Batman's intellectual superior, I just plan on proving it through a series of elaborate puzzles and traps. As for the henchmen you mercilessly slaughtered like the savage animal that you are, I had little use for them anyway. At most they were meant to slow Batman down if I needed extra time and do more of the heavy lifting."

The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:Jack Gordon / Observer
Gotham Docks

It's as seemed that the conflict already started. Jack wasted too many time just sitting there and not doing any interventions, but now is the time for intervention. The warehouse is the target, as he dropped himself from the container and into the land. There are not many thugs left, which of course he did the job with his rifle as he fired it and they were either burned to dead because of the laser, or just ran away. He entered the warehouse, and despite the size of the warehouse, it's coming short on things.

Sterkistan wrote:

(Image)

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

"Lots of money spent on lighting, waste of time."
He wandered over to the box, traversing carefully to make sure there weren't any traps.
"What's with you and the Bat anyway, you'd probably be better off not leaving clues everywhere."
He took a look at the box, giving it a nice hard kick to test if it was bolted down.
"You put lots of effort into this just for some dude in a white suit to come and wipe out your henchmen."
He jumped up onto the box, sitting down on top of it.
"Let's wait for the Batman then shall we."
He looked down the sight of the gun, firing a few shots into Riddler's green lights and 1 or 2 into the box, before ejecting the magazine and placing it down beside him, fidgeting with one of his razor-sharp crescent moon boomerang-darts while he waited with Nigma for the Batman.

"It's as if that this city always have supplies for freaks with masks and unique things, don't you thing!?" claimed loudly by Jack in order to make his presence there revealed. Laser rifle on hand, of course.

After yet another intruder enter the warehouse, Riddler was starting to wonder how long it would be until the Bat showed up. By the time he did, there would probably be an army of do-gooders forming a line outside. The newcomer and Moon Knight started to converse, almost forgetting about Riddler aside for using him as an example for the common thug.

"Excuse me, I would like it if you didn't refer to me like I'm some common street mugger. The crimes that are committed throughout this city are barbaric and only show the incompetence of the GCPD. What I do is far more sophisticated than your everyday murder. For example, since you were so kind as to step through that door, I can activate this."

Riddler pushed a button on his cane and a trap door opened under Jack's feet, causing him to fall into a rising bow. The box rose back to ground level and the top sealed shut. It was similar to the box Riddler was in, except the three walls facing away for Riddler were made of steel. The front piece was another bullet proof window so that the victim could still see outside. "That was originally intended for Batman so I doubt you'll be able to break out of it easily. Try to force your way out and the roof of the bow will start descending to ultimately crush you inside."
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 am

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Upon hearing Riddler spout his, obviously well-sought opinion. Marc turned casually toward him, "I mean, you haven't beat him yet in all your attempts, so I don't know if that proves anything about your higher intelligence. And I managed to outsmart your trap so, I dunno if that means anything."
But the ground swallowing up the laser-weapon wielder did give him a slight shock. He looked through the glass at the man inside, "You alright?"
Moon Knight swung around angrily, pressing a button on his phone. The Moon-copter floated down from above, the crescent moon on the back rotating around to allow it to land. The 20mm cannon spun around to face the glass box keeping Riddler safe.
"Now Nigma, you've gone and pissed me off. Either you let him out and start talking, or we test how bulletproof that glass really is."
Marc growled angrily, and the glowing blue eyes on the mask flashed.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Wed Aug 30, 2017 12:57 am

Sterkistan wrote:

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc smugly grinned under his mask, not that Jack could see that.
"I've been around the block a few times, never seen anything like it though," he looked down at the box and at Nigma inside.
"I mean, normally I would say yeah. But I kinda want to know what he's saving for ol' Batsy, and I don't think he could tell him with a swelled up face."
He jumped down from the top of the box, placing the dart back on his belt.
"Where'd you get the gun?" Marc asked, motioning to the weapon, "Also be careful, Riddler's got the place hooked up like a massive gauntlet. That's why I came through the wall." He motioned around the room.

Jack Gordon / Observer

"Got it from the military, that's all you need to know. Actually it is the only thing you can know, since you are not a military or from military from what I've seen so far, and well....it's just too secretive for me to reveal who actually backed me up other than this military details," he nodded along the way.

Long story short, Riddler put a trap into him. Dammit, he should have checked this first. The top have been said to be able to pressed him down, but his suit is more than capable to survive that and in fact strong enough to maybe punch the bulletproof glass, there's no telling about how dangerous it would be if he fired his laser rifle.

Of course, it appears Moon Knight is angry at this action as well.
TriStates wrote:Covenant declare a crusade, and wage jihad against the UNSC and Insurrectionists for 30 years.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:12 am

Sterkistan wrote:

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Upon hearing Riddler spout his, obviously well-sought opinion. Marc turned casually toward him, "I mean, you haven't beat him yet in all your attempts, so I don't know if that proves anything about your higher intelligence. And I managed to outsmart your trap so, I dunno if that means anything."
But the ground swallowing up the laser-weapon wielder did give him a slight shock. He looked through the glass at the man inside, "You alright?"
Moon Knight swung around angrily, pressing a button on his phone. The Moon-copter floated down from above, the crescent moon on the back rotating around to allow it to land. The 20mm cannon spun around to face the glass box keeping Riddler safe.
"Now Nigma, you've gone and pissed me off. Either you let him out and start talking, or we test how bulletproof that glass really is."
Marc growled angrily, and the glowing blue eyes on the mask flashed.

"You should really watch your temper." Riddler teased. "If that's all it takes to get under your skin then this city will eat you alive." There really wasn't much for Riddler to do in this situation. He wanted to wait for Batman but these heroes were starting to get on his nerves. It was also only a matter of time before they realized he wasn't actually in box, it was another hologram. He was safely transmitting his signal from the escape boat that was filled with the money. Riddler felt like giving Moon Knight a sporting chance however so he decided to give a hint.

"Don't you worry your cowl-covered head, you'll be able to save your friend. All you have to do is solve the riddle I left at the bank and it'll tell you where I am. You managed to get this far, let's see if you have an IQ higher than 3. Of course, I won't exactly leave you to think peacefully." The hologram cut out and a bomb raised up in its place, counting down from two minutes.

Back on the boat, Riddler walked up from below the deck of the shrimping boat he stole and told the grunt to start leaving, and the rest to stay on guard. "That should leave him with plenty of time to chose between catching me or saving his friend. But just in case, I want a good head start."
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:50 pm

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

He watched the sun rising above the docks from a crane. Light was slowly starting to cast down upon the faded paint of the buildings, the half-rusted warehouses, and the dated shipping boats. The whole place was decrepit. Another cause and symptom of the trouble that plagued Gotham. He could see many hostiles down below through his radar in the cowl, most of them armed. There were no ships expected in the docks for another few hours at the least according to the schedules, and nothing high-profile enough to require this much security. Combined with the lack of uniforms, he was sure his hunch was correct.

Though it is always best to be sure... Batman stalked his way along to the edge of the crane, hunched over at the end staring down. He could see one of the goons patrolling around the area, soon to be passing below underneath him. Grapple at the ready, he looked back up to observe the area again and make sure that nobody was around to see, and more importantly, hear what was going on. They were not, most in and around the warehouse, with some also lingering around the proximity of a nearby boat. He wondered which of these was concealing the Riddler from him as his prey unwittingly made its way into position.

Swift as a shadow, quiet as death, the Batman leaped down from its perch, gripping his quarry in spite of their struggles, before bringing it back to roost.

"Tell me where the Riddler is or I drop you." He loosened his grip to drive home the point, too focused on his own investigation to notice the helicopter hovering behind him.

"Aaah! No! T-The boat.... no, wait! The warehouse! One of them, I'm not sure..."

"Grateful for the help." A sideswipe to the jaw with his right fist saw the henchman's head snap in the other direction and lose consciousness. Then he dropped. Cable around the leg ensured the cops would be able to find him hanging there in the morning.

He instinctively flinched at the sound of a gunshot. And another, and another. Behind him a helicopter in the sky was raining terror down upon the Riddler's hapless lackeys. Moon Knight. Suddenly he felt as if this race to the Riddler was more serious, one which he had to win, for Nigma's own sake.

Batman leapt down from the structure, cape allowing him to glide across the docks. He landed upon one of the distracted cronies, before knocking him out with ease. Life signs across the dock had halved as Moon Knight bulldozed his way to Riddler.

"What the-? You too?" One gasped upon seeing Batman. Before he had a chance to fire his vision was filled with smoke. By the time it had cleared, the Dark Knight was behind him and he was unconscious.

Scans indicated Moon Knight had left the helicopter now, gunning his way to the warehouse. Batman meanwhile beelined for the shrimping boat, stopping at the sight of a corpse face down on the ground.

He turned the body over, noting the crescent moon carved into the forehead. This is what he believes to be justice? All I can see is another murderer. "Alfred, Moon Knight got here first. Multiple casualties, one of whom he has left a signature behind on. Uploading it to you now. Get me all similar results. Military and police databases, internet,  wherever. Look out for anything not in St. Roch or Gotham." All around the docks he was picking up bodies, none showing life signs. Stomachs burst open, faces mutilated, bodies decimated beyond recognition. He was in a crime scene. If one did not know better they would have assumed this was the work of the Joker or Two-Face, not an alleged crime-fighter.

"And what a fascinating signature your new friend has. I shan't be asking for it anytime soon. I am seeing tomorrow's headlines already: 'Batman and mystery killer commit murder spree at docks'." Vigilantes like him would have less allies in the paper come tomorrow, that was for certain.

He turned to the warehouse, audio picking up two voices. He managed to catch the tail-end of their conversation.

"-and save the most likely spent ammo for that gun, I am standing in a bulletproof Plexiglas case that is sure to absorb your bullets before you can break it." Irritating voice. Mocking tone. No voice recognition needed. Riddler.

"Let's wait for the Batman then shall we." And Moon Knight.

Batman heard multiple gunshots, assuming it was a test of the bulletproof glass. On the opposite side of the warehouse to him he noticed a gaping hole in the wall, clearly broken through. Moon Knight's entrance, not an exit. But scans only indicated one individual however. The glass case was empty.

Definitely the boat then. He thought, grappling his way onto the side. Guards all around. He shimmied along the rails until he was below one, then cracked his head against the metal and climbed aboard, darting for the shadows. From there he could scan the boat, try and get a fix on which one was Riddler. Struggling with the chatter on deck, instead he grappled up to the roof of the bridge for a better look, taking out another guard approaching around the corner on the way. From there Batman laid low and patiently waited for Nigma to appear.

Soon enough the chance presented itself, as Riddler came up on deck talking about leaving and something about choosing him or a friend, though Batman was unaware of who that concerned. For now however there was something more important. At Edward's appearance Batman shot up, shooting the nearest henchman with the Batclaw and yanking sharply, slamming him against the wall. "Give up now Riddler, it's over."

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:19 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Soon enough the chance presented itself, as Riddler came up on deck talking about leaving and something about choosing him or a friend, though Batman was unaware of who that concerned. For now however there was something more important. At Edward's appearance Batman shot up, shooting the nearest henchman with the Batclaw and yanking sharply, slamming him against the wall. "Give up now Riddler, it's over."

Riddler turned around to come face to face with the Dark Knight, who he wasn't expecting to fine on the boat. He had to play his cards a little more carefully since they weren't talking while he was safely miles away from Batman's fist. The remaining guards on the boat were aiming their guns at him, but it would be a simple matter for Batman to send them all to the emergency room.

"So the Bat finally appears," Riddler said, keeping on his arrogant mask. "I was beginning to think those two in the warehouse were your replacements, as pathetic as they were. I'll give you the same choice I gave your white clad associate, you can fight me or go save those two idiot who walked into the death trap I had set up for you."

RP Sample

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:55 pm

Moon Knight

Marc Spector

Marc growled angrily as he watched the hologram disappear and the bomb take it's place. He didn't have time to think about Nigma's stupid fucking riddle. He had two options, try to break the glass with the bomb and defuse it, or try to break the glass with the man and get him out. So, naturally Moon Knight chose a different option.

He hated playing by the rules, if someone gave him two options he'd rather choose a third one, kept him on his toes. And Riddler made him choose between catching him and saving the guy, so he'd try both
He ran back to the helicopter, he didn't plan to leave Observer behind. He was innocent from Kohnhu's justice. So he grabbed the tow cable from the back of the helicopter and wrapped it around the box, securing the magnets and jumping back into the helicopter.
It rose up into the air, and the line tugged on the box. Marc was lucky it was an elevated platform, and the base tore away from the piston. Lifting the box high into the air with the helicopter, and as it wheeled around Marc slammed down the throttle, he had a few seconds to get away before-
The blast detonated the warehouse with a thunderous crack, the bodies strewn around it went flying. And Marc smiled as he captured the satisfying shot in his mind. Marc set down the box with Observer inside, now that they hydraulic system was busted he'd be able to lift the top off the box.

As Marc lifted away, he looked down again, and saw the kid who he didn't kill crawling away from the burning wreckage. Marc was happy he survived, he had a few years to change his ways before Kohnshu needed to dish out vengenace.
Speaking of the devil, a cackle filled Marc's head.
"That was fucking awesome!" Kohnshu laughed, "I'm surprised I ever doubted you Marc. If you could pull shit like that off every night it'd be great for my blood-lust." Kohnshu regained his composure, "You going after that riddle guy?."
"Yeah, he's on a boat somewhere, just need to find him," Marc responded, scanning the harbor.
"On a boat, you're pretty thick. He's on a shrimping boat you idiot, told you himself. Anyway I'm off, got better shit to do then watch you fly your stupid ass around a harbor. Also, don't kill this guy, seems like it'd be more fun to leave him in a tremendous amount of pain."
With that, Kohnshu vanished, and Marc kept his eye out for the shrimping boat.

It took him about half a minute to see it speeding away. Marc gunned the engines and flew toward it. He hovered alongside it, and saw the Batman onboard, confronting Nigma himself. Marc fired a volley of shots into the side of the boat, before leaping out and gliding quickly toward the deck. Landing on the top of the cockpit roof and crouching down menacingly, drawing his truncheon and a crescent moon boomerang-dart from his belt as his cape whipped around in the sea breeze.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Aug 31, 2017 3:04 pm

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

His eyes probed the deck, aware of many guns fixed upon him. Though without Riddler's say-so, they were holding off on firing. "Don't get your hopes up, I'm going to be around for a long time yet." Again Riddler spoke of Moon Knight and another apparent friend that he had no clue about being danger. Though as far as Batman could see, that danger had already been nullified - Moon Knight was leaving the warehouse as he spoke.

"I hate to point out the obvious but I thought it best to let you know that the authorities are on their way Master... ahem, Batman." A British voice interceded on the comms.

Low on men, cops on their way, two closing in and the cops en route. The game's up, he just doesn't know it yet. Batman allowed himself a smile. "There's just one problem with your little plan however." Carefully he moved his hand to his belt, taking out a smoke pellet. "They're not my associates." He then threw it, not at his own feet, but the Riddler's. With hope that Nigma's minions were competent enough to not fire in their employer's direction, he launched himself forwards into the smoke cloud, attempting to grab the Riddler.
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:35 pm

Riddler
Gotham Bay

To put it simply, Riddler was out of luck. He had expected Moon Knight to stay and save the other interloper, not knowing Moon Knight had just bent the rules of the game to do it, so it surprised him to see that helicopter fly in over head. Then Batman already being onboard was another problem. For one second, Riddler was staring down the Bat, then smoke was everywhere. Already fearing a fist fight, Nygma was quick to think of backing up, to try to get up to the helm and surrounded by guards. Unfortunately, that plan was ruined when he felt the ship lurch and start to sink, the sudden movement causing him to loose his balance. He steadied himself with his cane and tried to figure out a way to escape when he remembered the life boat, he just had to figure out how to get to it without Batman or Moon Knight stopping him, so he thought to bluff.

"Stay back Batman, or you'll never see the money from the Bank again. Did you really think I would leave it with me? I'm not so foolish as to think you wouldn't find me, so I hid the money in a different location. It's probably already out of Gotham by know. You take me in and I'll never talk." All of this was a lie, the money was right below deck, but Riddler hoped it would by him enough time to get on the life boat.

RP Sample

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:24 pm

The Joker
Gotham's Old St. Magnus Cathedral

The dilapidated church was the perfect hiding spot for the clown prince of crime as the church had long been condemned by the city and was schedule for demolition in a few weeks.

He sat in the bishop's chair at the altar, as stacks of televisions was all on as he viewed several new channels and a few cartoons, finding out what he had missed during his incarceration at Arkham. His green eyes switched from television to television, a few chuckles escaped his close but Cheshire like smile of a mouth.

"My, my, my. The city never sleeps, hahaha..." Focusing on one tv in particular showing a bank robbery from the early hours of the day, then to another with the Riddler's face as the Dark Knight and another, in Joker's mind, nobody. "Oh Eddy when well you ever learn, you can't fool the Bat, he too smart for you. HAHAHAHA." He bounced up from the chair was he turned to his goons as they were waiting for his command. "Well looks like it our turn boys, now lets see.." He began to mumble to himself "Hmm I've already done the kidnap and kill the boy wonder...." He turned the revolver he had in his hand, his henchmen taking a step back hoping not to be on the other end of it. " Already pushed Gordon, and crippled his darling little dove of a daughter.." He giggled at the memory. "Oh well, lets cause mayhem, hold the city in terror, and push the Bat to the brink." The others cheering both in agreement and in fear of their boss. As he pointed his gun as Chuckles and blew his head off "Woops finger slipped, hehe, boys get the gas ready. HAHAHAHA" He laughed as the gang scrambled for the barrels of joker toxin.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:15 pm

Outside of White Spider Nightclub

Clad in his beige suit, Kevin had silently waited outside of the bar after a few hours of rest in his home. The sun finally showing itself, prime time for places like these to kick out the customers that have overstayed their welcome. "Drunkards." He whispered to himself, as he watched a particular group of four stumbling around the front of the nightclub. It was enough to the gain the ire of one the bouncers, pushing them to move further away from the building. Observing more carefully, their attire and the things that they spoke about, he concluded that they should be part of the many crime groups in Gotham. Surely they knew something, anything for a lead for bigger fishes to fry. His targets found, Kevin silently closed in on them and did his best to remain undetected by the group.

He stalked them for several minutes, before finally making his move. Mask in one hand and fully extended baton in the other, Kevin increased his pace as the group decided to use a shortcut through an alley. Slipping on the mask quickly, he rushed forward, no longer concerned with stealth. In one swift movement, the former lawyer brought down the tip of the baton to the back of the head of the nearest one, immediately knocking the man down onto the ground. Either dead or unconscious, Kevin didn't care as he continued his assault, taking another one down with a blow to the side of the jaw with the baton. Realizing the situation they were in, the remaining two tried their best to get into fighting stances. Still reeling from the effects of the alcohol in their bloodstream, their coordination was lacking and clumsily tried to hit Kevin, who easily dodged their swings. Kevin just repeated the process with the third goon and focused on the last one, ready to counter any attack to come his way. Tightening the grip on his baton, he quickly redirected a fist hurtling towards his face and countered with a blow to the stomach and an uppercut to the jaw. A blow strong enough to knock the man on the ground, Kevin placed the heel of his shoes on his chest, drawing his Beretta M93R from his back holster then aimed it at the man.

"Word on the street is that your group knows some information on something big. Why don't you spill it? Otherwise, the only thing spilled here is the remains of your burnt corpse." Inquired Kevin with a growl, rage now fully burning inside him, ready to pull the trigger should the man do anything stupid.
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:19 am

Sterkistan wrote:

Marc growled angrily as he watched the hologram disappear and the bomb take it's place. He didn't have time to think about Nigma's stupid fucking riddle. He had two options, try to break the glass with the bomb and defuse it, or try to break the glass with the man and get him out. So, naturally Moon Knight chose a different option.

He hated playing by the rules, if someone gave him two options he'd rather choose a third one, kept him on his toes. And Riddler made him choose between catching him and saving the guy, so he'd try both
He ran back to the helicopter, he didn't plan to leave Observer behind. He was innocent from Kohnhu's justice. So he grabbed the tow cable from the back of the helicopter and wrapped it around the box, securing the magnets and jumping back into the helicopter.
It rose up into the air, and the line tugged on the box. Marc was lucky it was an elevated platform, and the base tore away from the piston. Lifting the box high into the air with the helicopter, and as it wheeled around Marc slammed down the throttle, he had a few seconds to get away before-
The blast detonated the warehouse with a thunderous crack, the bodies strewn around it went flying. And Marc smiled as he captured the satisfying shot in his mind. Marc set down the box with Observer inside, now that they hydraulic system was busted he'd be able to lift the top off the box.

Bycrest wrote:Riddler
Gotham Bay

"Stay back Batman, or you'll never see the money from the Bank again. Did you really think I would leave it with me? I'm not so foolish as to think you wouldn't find me, so I hid the money in a different location. It's probably already out of Gotham by know. You take me in and I'll never talk." All of this was a lie, the money was right below deck, but Riddler hoped it would by him enough time to get on the life boat.

Jack Gordon / Observer

It took a lot of guts to lifted that box to the air, but it was what Moon Knight did, and he appreciated the gesture. But before he could thanked him, Marc went away on himself, as it seems. But for him, it's time to rest, for now. Assuming he couldn't got his hands on the Riddler, of course. He lifted the top of the box and leaped out, finally safe and not pressed on anything. He's on the boat, it seems.

Jack moved himself up front, but now with the supports. "Let's go! We need Riddler!" as he called on upon the assistances of UH-60 Blackhawk en route to Gotham Harbor. The additions of six US Rangers inside the helicopter made it obvious he's willing to put the henchmen down to captured Riddler. "Sir! Batman was sighted!"

"Fuck it, go there and captured Riddler! I don't care the cost, we need him! I'll reach the place!"as he made his way to the deck. Meanwhile, the black-colored helicopter announced their presences, "This is the US military! Riddler, stand down!" and they also noticed another helicopter as well.

Bycrest
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:14 am

Riddler looked up to see another helicopter hovering over his sinking shrimp boat, this one filled with military soldiers. 'This can't be about the money, why would the military get involved?' Riddler thought to himself. There was no way for him to talk his way out of this one, he'd have to just jump ship. The life boat would be to big of a target, so he'd have to swim for it, even though he didn't think he would get far. "This is getting out of hand, you can have the money Batman. It's probably all ruined under the ship anyway. But know that you only bested me because you had help this time. If that idiotic buffoon in white hadn't come bursting into my trap, then I would have won."

With not much else to lose, Riddler made a mad dash towards the side of the ship and jumped overboard. He wasn't the fastest swimmer, but it was the only way out of the situation. No doubt someone would be right on his tail as he tried to escape. 'Come on limbs, don't fail me now.
Last edited by Bycrest on Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:08 pm

Bycrest wrote:

Riddler looked up to see another helicopter hovering over his sinking shrimp boat, this one filled with military soldiers. 'This can't be about the money, why would the military get involved?' Riddler thought to himself. There was no way for him to talk his way out of this one, he'd have to just jump ship. The life boat would be to big of a target, so he'd have to swim for it, even though he didn't think he would get far. "This is getting out of hand, you can have the money Batman. It's probably all ruined under the ship anyway. But know that you only bested me because you had help this time. If that idiotic buffoon in white hadn't come bursting into my trap, then I would have won."

With not much else to lose, Riddler made a mad dash towards the side of the ship and jumped overboard. He wasn't the fastest swimmer, but it was the only way out of the situation. No doubt someone would be right on his tail as he tried to escape. 'Come on limbs, don't fail me now.

Shortly after The Riddler hit the water, there was movement under the Ship. Below the ship, a dark mass had waited, originally it was at the bottom of Gotham bay, but had moved up as needed. The mass was the hulking muscular figure Solomon Grundy. He had been waiting for a long time, for a sign, He knew what the general idea would be, but not the specific signal. He was supposed to ensure that the Riddler escaped, that is what the person that forced Grundy into this wanted. As Grundy rose, the ship started to rock slightly, the rocking was magnified as Grundy grabbed on the sides, his fingers bending the hull, but not puncturing it. All anyone would see, would be massive pale arms grabbing into the hull, before pulling himself up, he flew through the air, before landing on the deck of the ship, denting it as a geyser of water follows him. Grundy rose to his full height before speaking briefly. "I cannot let you take him."
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Knockout Gun Gals
Senator

Postby The Knockout Gun Gals » Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:33 pm

Bycrest wrote:

Jack Gordon / Observer

"Open fire! Scare him, we need to make sure Riddler is scared!" Jack called orders based on signal. "Sir, there's Batman!" one of them hurriedly replied. Yes, Batman is the most dangerous foe and hero. Sure, he's on the good side, but he intends to make sure Gotham safe, even from the ones with the good in a pragmatic way, like them and the Suicide Squad, and A.R.G.U.S. Jack needed to make sure Riddler got captured first, he is in the list as well.

"Alright, split up. Three went down and try to take Riddler down. The rest, hold Batman!" which is not the best thing to do, but so be it. The helicopter steadied. But then...

Solomon Grundy appeared.

A zombie of sort, giant one as well. Not the best thing he wanted by now. "Pull back! Open fire at him!" as the helicopter pulled its weight and tried to move backward, the soldiers inside firing their rifles and one of them mounted the machine gun to prepared for a fighting with Grundy. Or at least, an attempt to escape.

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:32 am

Moon Knight

Marc Spector | Steven Grant

Marc felt the boat rocking angrily as Riddler dove overboard, and it was rising? He looked up at the sky, there was a fucking US Army chopper, packed to the brim with Rangers. He'd pumped the boat full of rounds so it shouldn't be doing that, the was the most he gathered from these developments.
Regardless, he dropped down from the top of the ship into the smoke, where he'd seen one of the guards. Cracking him across the back of the head with his truncheon, bringing his foot down on the guard next to him.
The guard hit with the truncheon slumped in a heap on the deck, and the other flew off the side of the deck into the water.
He caught a quick glance of Batman in the smoke, and Marc dove out. He didn't know the Bat was there, and didn't feel like getting lectured about slaughtering the goons.
He steadied himself on the deck, looking up at the US army chopper, the down-wind from both the Mooncopter and the Black Hawk making his cape whip around.
The Mooncopter swung itself around, fixating itself on the US chopper, the 20mm gun locked on to the heli. But didn't fire, Moon Knight had a device in his hand. Not worries about the other goons as Batman dispatched them effortlessly.
He knew there was more-than-likely a chance that if he took the chopper to get away the Black Hawk would become a problem. And he didn't want the Rangers on his ass, but he also didn't want to hang with Bats. He did however, want to kick the shit out of the pale freak that planted himself on the deck. And Marc let out a low whistle as he looked up at the hulking monstrosity.
Last edited by Sterkistan on Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:41 am

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

Bullets flew in his direction as the blinded guards shot in and around the general area where he had been, though that was no more. He had already dived down now, charging into the shroud after Riddler, their inability to see exacerbated by a loss of balance as Moon Knight pumped bullets into a shrimping boat. Idiot. There was an armed man either side of Riddler, both caught in the explosion, vision obscured like their boss, who Batman could see was trying to back away, if nobody else. Those armed came first though. Approach from behind, wrench gun from hands, kick to back of the knee, drive butt of gun against jaw, thrust barrel into face if still conscious, pick unconscious enemy up. "Take you in and you always talk, Riddler. We both know how this works. You just can't help yourself..." Throw unconscious opponent at the other, stamp on hand, kick away gun, render unconscious with punch to the temple, pause with surprise at the appearance of the United States Army. Really?

Mental note to ask Alfred how this happened without me knowing. The smoke was clearing now, making him visible to the helicopter and Riddler, the latter of whom was losing his nerve. And then he was running. "No!" He shouted, charging after. But he was too late, and Riddler jumped. Dammit, he's going to get away. There were multiple targets in the water, shadowy figures that had fled the sinking boat, or were perhaps even attempting to daringly steal some of the submerging fortune. Problem was, he couldn't tell which one was Riddler. Batman primed himself to dive in after Nigma.

Then the boat shook, dramatically lurching to the side as something grabbed onto it. Something big. A giant hulking figure, bigger than Croc or Bane, landed on the deck, making him stumble. The figure was pale and dead. Solomon Grundy. This is getting ridiculous... who else is about to make a surprise appearance? And then there was the fact that they were upon a boat which was now obviously sinking. Better try and make this quick. He threw a Batarang at the undead monster to get his attention. Perhaps this one could be reasoned with. Maybe. He was not expecting such a thing, and was already prepared to throw himself out of the way of any incoming attack. "Why are you working for the Riddler?"

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:17 pm

Rynagria wrote:Outside of White Spider Nightclub

Clad in his beige suit, Kevin had silently waited outside of the bar after a few hours of rest in his home. The sun finally showing itself, prime time for places like these to kick out the customers that have overstayed their welcome. "Drunkards." He whispered to himself, as he watched a particular group of four stumbling around the front of the nightclub. It was enough to the gain the ire of one the bouncers, pushing them to move further away from the building. Observing more carefully, their attire and the things that they spoke about, he concluded that they should be part of the many crime groups in Gotham. Surely they knew something, anything for a lead for bigger fishes to fry. His targets found, Kevin silently closed in on them and did his best to remain undetected by the group.

He stalked them for several minutes, before finally making his move. Mask in one hand and fully extended baton in the other, Kevin increased his pace as the group decided to use a shortcut through an alley. Slipping on the mask quickly, he rushed forward, no longer concerned with stealth. In one swift movement, the former lawyer brought down the tip of the baton to the back of the head of the nearest one, immediately knocking the man down onto the ground. Either dead or unconscious, Kevin didn't care as he continued his assault, taking another one down with a blow to the side of the jaw with the baton. Realizing the situation they were in, the remaining two tried their best to get into fighting stances. Still reeling from the effects of the alcohol in their bloodstream, their coordination was lacking and clumsily tried to hit Kevin, who easily dodged their swings. Kevin just repeated the process with the third goon and focused on the last one, ready to counter any attack to come his way. Tightening the grip on his baton, he quickly redirected a fist hurtling towards his face and countered with a blow to the stomach and an uppercut to the jaw. A blow strong enough to knock the man on the ground, Kevin placed the heel of his shoes on his chest, drawing his Beretta M93R from his back holster then aimed it at the man.

"Word on the street is that your group knows some information on something big. Why don't you spill it? Otherwise, the only thing spilled here is the remains of your burnt corpse." Inquired Kevin with a growl, rage now fully burning inside him, ready to pull the trigger should the man do anything stupid.

The foul stench of urine emanated from the man who had apparently freshly wet himself in terror. He looked up at the man, not someone he immediately recognized, but a man who had just dispatched two of his buddies and had a gun pointed at him, and started to quake.

"Look, I---I don't know nothin', honestly," the man sobbed. He was obliviously greatly enamored. "I know what the boss says and I know this businuess is outside the Mob. Says there's big money investors behind it," he continued, yet his eyes darted to the shadows of the alley nearby. If a man was sober he could probably make a break for it, but this man was not sober even by a drunkard's definition of the term.

"All I know is he's gathering somethin' for Mr. Monopoly or whatever the hell his name is... Weird shit. Rubber and radios and car batteries... I--I think we stole a truck of bed sheets for it? I mean---this stuff is off the record. The Mob don't know nothin' about this thing... it ain't there businuess and it ain't yours!" the man shouted as suddenly his drunkenness manifested in anger. His voice had been gradually rising and was approaching the alerting others level. Still, this was a shady part of town, it wasn't like many were inclined to care.

"I don't know who the fuck you thinks you is... but you ain't gonna get away with this shit! You think you're all tough because you's got a gun, but come at me with fists like a real man and I'll clobber you!"

Gotham Gazette
6:00 AM
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

Bullets flew in his direction as the blinded guards shot in and around the general area where he had been, though that was no more. He had already dived down now, charging into the shroud after Riddler, their inability to see exacerbated by a loss of balance as Moon Knight pumped bullets into a shrimping boat. Idiot. There was an armed man either side of Riddler, both caught in the explosion, vision obscured like their boss, who Batman could see was trying to back away, if nobody else. Those armed came first though. Approach from behind, wrench gun from hands, kick to back of the knee, drive butt of gun against jaw, thrust barrel into face if still conscious, pick unconscious enemy up. "Take you in and you always talk, Riddler. We both know how this works. You just can't help yourself..." Throw unconscious opponent at the other, stamp on hand, kick away gun, render unconscious with punch to the temple, pause with surprise at the appearance of the United States Army. Really?

Mental note to ask Alfred how this happened without me knowing. The smoke was clearing now, making him visible to the helicopter and Riddler, the latter of whom was losing his nerve. And then he was running. "No!" He shouted, charging after. But he was too late, and Riddler jumped. Dammit, he's going to get away. There were multiple targets in the water, shadowy figures that had fled the sinking boat, or were perhaps even attempting to daringly steal some of the submerging fortune. Problem was, he couldn't tell which one was Riddler. Batman primed himself to dive in after Nigma.

Then the boat shook, dramatically lurching to the side as something grabbed onto it. Something big. A giant hulking figure, bigger than Croc or Bane, landed on the deck, making him stumble. The figure was pale and dead. Solomon Grundy. This is getting ridiculous... who else is about to make a surprise appearance? And then there was the fact that they were upon a boat which was now obviously sinking. Better try and make this quick. He threw a Batarang at the undead monster to get his attention. Perhaps this one could be reasoned with. Maybe. He was not expecting such a thing, and was already prepared to throw himself out of the way of any incoming attack. "Why are you working for the Riddler?"

Grundy was not able to reply immediately as the second Helicopter fired at him. The bullets impacted into him, and pierced his flesh, Grundy grunted, but was otherwise impassive. Green sap-like blood leaked from the wounds, the flow lessened as the wounds closed, but more bullets kept hitting him, to little effect. Grundy walked over to one of the wooden Outriggers, the system of nets and pulleys that enabled a Fishing or shrimping boat to Trawl for their quarry. He seized it with one hand and grasped it, before tearing it off with his immense strength. He turned back towards the helo, before hefting his makeshift weapon like a javelin. It thundered towards the helo, which was able to move out of the way, but was still thrown off kilter.

During that time, he looked over at the Bat, and responded, during the brief pause. His voice was a deep rasping growl, rough and intimidating. "Sorry about that, being hit with bullets tends to make, conversation difficult. Working for the Riddler?, perhaps, I am here to ensure Riddler is not caught, as for who wants it, i do not know. I am different, from how i normally am, you should have realized this. I am doing this to ensure the safety of those under my care, not much different from you. Give up, none of you can defeat me, and i do not want to have to kill you, any of you. I could have torn that flying nuisance in two, but i didnt, so please, let Riddler go." In his inhuman voice, genuine sincerity and hope could be hear, he truly did not want to have to fight them, this was not something done of his own volition.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Rynagria
Post Marshal

Founded: Apr 02, 2013
Democratic Socialists

Postby Rynagria » Fri Sep 08, 2017 8:16 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:The foul stench of urine emanated from the man who had apparently freshly wet himself in terror. He looked up at the man, not someone he immediately recognized, but a man who had just dispatched two of his buddies and had a gun pointed at him, and started to quake.

"Look, I---I don't know nothin', honestly," the man sobbed. He was obliviously greatly enamored. "I know what the boss says and I know this businuess is outside the Mob. Says there's big money investors behind it," he continued, yet his eyes darted to the shadows of the alley nearby. If a man was sober he could probably make a break for it, but this man was not sober even by a drunkard's definition of the term.

"All I know is he's gathering somethin' for Mr. Monopoly or whatever the hell his name is... Weird shit. Rubber and radios and car batteries... I--I think we stole a truck of bed sheets for it? I mean---this stuff is off the record. The Mob don't know nothin' about this thing... it ain't there businuess and it ain't yours!" the man shouted as suddenly his drunkenness manifested in anger. His voice had been gradually rising and was approaching the alerting others level. Still, this was a shady part of town, it wasn't like many were inclined to care.

"I don't know who the fuck you thinks you is... but you ain't gonna get away with this shit! You think you're all tough because you's got a gun, but come at me with fists like a real man and I'll clobber you!"

Kevin could only ponder at the information given by the man. An off the record mob operations that has them getting materials of sorts for this "Mr. Monopoly". He wondered who could that be and the only logical answer he could reach is the proclaimed wealthiest man in Gotham, Mr. Furnstein, not only that but a rather public figure. It wouldn't surprise him if the billionaire was somehow involved in something shady, considering that from some of the cases he's studied and handled during his years as a lawyer, indicated that Moses didn't have clean hands.

"Doesn't that old man already everything he can need for the rest of his life, what else does he want?" He thought out loud.

Considering more ideas, Kevin was snapped out of it by the mobster underneath his foot. ""I don't know who the fuck you thinks you is... but you ain't gonna get away with this shit! You think you're all tough because you's got a gun, but come at me with fists like a real man and I'll clobber you!"

"Oh, those are quite the fighting words you have there." Replied Kevin, as the Firestarter persona he's made began to come out, previously held back by the need for information. That need quenched, Firestarter readjusted his aim in a split second, the barrel of his weapon lined up to the mobster's right knee. Next, pulling the trigger without any hint of hesitation or remorse. And so, a single gunshot rang in the alley, followed up by the cries of agony and pain. Knee cap blown out, Firestarter removed his foot from the man's chest and permitted the gangster to clutch his wounded knee. No more reason to stay in the alley any longer, Firestarter walked off, disappearing into the streets of East Gotham with the intention on giving a visit to Furnstein.
Call me Ryn or Ryna.

Proud Member of the Titans RP group.

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:10 am

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

He had not expected Grundy's level of coherence. He had known the giant zombie to have come back with the thought processes of a mindless beast at times. But now he could speak, was not killing, and... not working for the Riddler? There were more questions due to his coherence than answers. If he is telling the truth, that means the Riddler is just a pawn in someone else's game. Of course, Nigma might not have even known that yet. He left no clue as to suggest it. His frantic escape without leaving any clue at all was evidence for that. His plan had been foiled and lacked a backup to taunt his opponent with.

"Nobody has to die here." He said as a warning. Not that Grundy seemed inclined to. He was correct, Batman thought. Grundy could have easily destroyed that helicopter, and yet he did not. Batman was unsure if a lie detector worked on the undead, but felt that the truth was being said regardless. "We don't have to fight, Grundy. Nobody needs to be hurt. Who is under your care? What are you protecting them from? Let me help you, you know I can. Just tell me. Tell me... and I won't go after the Riddler."

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:41 am

Yaana Noore wrote:

Batman
Gotham City
Docks

He had not expected Grundy's level of coherence. He had known the giant zombie to have come back with the thought processes of a mindless beast at times. But now he could speak, was not killing, and... not working for the Riddler? There were more questions due to his coherence than answers. If he is telling the truth, that means the Riddler is just a pawn in someone else's game. Of course, Nigma might not have even known that yet. He left no clue as to suggest it. His frantic escape without leaving any clue at all was evidence for that. His plan had been foiled and lacked a backup to taunt his opponent with.

"Nobody has to die here." He said as a warning. Not that Grundy seemed inclined to. He was correct, Batman thought. Grundy could have easily destroyed that helicopter, and yet he did not. Batman was unsure if a lie detector worked on the undead, but felt that the truth was being said regardless. "We don't have to fight, Grundy. Nobody needs to be hurt. Who is under your care? What are you protecting them from? Let me help you, you know I can. Just tell me. Tell me... and I won't go after the Riddler."

Though Grundy had been ready for combat, after hearing the Bats words, he merely sighed. "Though you try to protect those of Gotham, you fail, in part at least. There are those who flee the surface, to distance themselves from the happenings of Gotham, but are too poor to leave. I protect them from those that seek to do them harm, as simple as that." Grundy paused before letting out a long sigh once more. "A few days ago I returned to the under-town, within the sewers of Gotham, in my room a message was left, telling me to wait, and not let anyone capture the Riddler."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse