NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:03 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is there a scout group or do the outriders fill that role?

Also I was thinking about Christianity, because the thought of the son comes to mind after reading the imperiums religion and since Jesus hasn't been born yet, so my question is how would Jesus still be born or we going to have religious events? And if Jesus gets born what about other religions?

In general terms, yes, though for closer range activities light infantrymen will be pressed in to the role of scouts and patrols.

Probably not, no. There won't, in all likelihood, be any of the religions we recognize today, unless they are created by Authors, aside from those of the areas that aren't interacted with. Probably not even those. The butterfly effect is already huge.

Aidannadia wrote:Full Name: Aidan Fox O'Dell; For the sake of making that less confusing, I will go by Fox while roleplaying.
Appearance: Sig.
Height and Weight: 5' 7", 165 lbs
Religion: I don't really think about that too much honestly; I think that's its more important to try and live in the here an now, and just try your best to be a good person.
Field of Expertise: N/A
Skills and Strengths:
-Eclectic knowledge: Has an exceedingly good memory for otherwise useless things that he's found interesting over the years. This has lead to a diverse array of seemingly unrelated trivia.
-Tactical: RTS game after RTS game leaves its mark.
-Diplomatic: I avoid conflict when necessary, preferring to avoid dealing with it all together and focusing on cooperation. This aids in my communication skills, such as de-escalating a rather stressful situation
-Critical: I can't ever be stagnant, often pushing myself more and more when I'm faced with setbacks.
Weaknesses:
-Anxiety: I'm often paranoid, nervous, and rather obsessed with time. My preoccupation with due dates, show-up times, and approximate durations of activities is borderline compulsive. Some nervous ticks such as tapping, speaking quickly, or a slight twitch in the neck can appear under moderate discomfort.
-People pleaser: I'm not good at confrontation, and as such prefer to just go with the flow on things that would otherwise bother me. This makes me a virtual yes-man at times.
-Caffeine addict: The first couple days, Fox will go through minor withdraw symptoms without his hourly cup of joe. This could lead to irregular sleeping schedules, crankiness, enhanced paranoia, lowered mental awareness etc.
Where in the world are you landing?: I randomized a location and got west papua new guinea. This should be difficult.
RP Sample: search.php?keywords=Horacio&t=421433&sf=msgonly
Something recent for a change.

This seems to be in order. Papua is a bit isolated, but at the same time, not the worst when it comes to interaction possibilities. I'm game to accept, if you're set on starting there.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Revlona
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 23, 2017
Father Knows Best State

Postby Revlona » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:11 am

Aidannadia wrote:Well, at this point I have a few options, considering the rest of the map is looking fine.

The Nile, possibly the white nile or Lake Victoria.
West Africa
Central America
Southern India
East Asia
Europe, perhaps france or spain.

Already in France but you are always welcome
Lover of doggos

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:14 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:Is there a scout group or do the outriders fill that role?

Also I was thinking about Christianity, because the thought of the son comes to mind after reading the imperiums religion and since Jesus hasn't been born yet, so my question is how would Jesus still be born or we going to have religious events? And if Jesus gets born what about other religions?

In general terms, yes, though for closer range activities light infantrymen will be pressed in to the role of scouts and patrols.

Probably not, no. There won't, in all likelihood, be any of the religions we recognize today, unless they are created by Authors, aside from those of the areas that aren't interacted with. Probably not even those. The butterfly effect is already huge.

But how does your Christianity work if there is no son? Wouldn't people get super excited for gods son to come only to find that he never gets born? Wouldn't that cause stability issues?

Recalling your invasion of North Italy this would affect me to since your converting them. (But then again I would've made them Christian anyways...)
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:22 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

But how does your Christianity work if there is no son? Wouldn't people get super excited for gods son to come only to find that he never gets born? Wouldn't that cause stability issues?

Recalling your invasion of North Italy this would affect me to since your converting them. (But then again I would've made them Christian anyways...)

Ah, but there was a Christ. He lived long ago, in a region called Judea, born of the tribe of David, as the Good Book says. I don't know why anyone would think he is still to be born- after all, the scriptures are all written in the past tense.

Essentially, as far as Viktor is concerned, Christ died once for all men. Another Christ dying in this reality, whatever this reality is, is illogical. Thus as salvation was granted to Viktor in his past, it is also available to the inhabitants of this present. No contradictions whatsoever.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:31 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:But how does your Christianity work if there is no son? Wouldn't people get super excited for gods son to come only to find that he never gets born? Wouldn't that cause stability issues?

Ah, but there was a Christ. He lived long ago, in a region called Judea, born of the tribe of David, as the Good Book says. I don't know why anyone would think he is still to be born- after all, the scriptures are all written in the past tense.

Essentially, as far as Viktor is concerned, Christ died once for all men. Another Christ dying in this reality, whatever this reality is, is illogical. Thus as salvation was granted to Viktor in his past, it is also available to the inhabitants of this present. No contradictions whatsoever.

Ah, I see so even though Christ was murdered by the romans, you're form of Christianity is that of "it already happened". I actually like that. It makes it dynamic.

Anyways what should happen around where my char is stationed? I want to bring attention to my char when there's something starting to get eventful.
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 1:20 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Ah, I see so even though Christ was murdered by the romans, you're form of Christianity is that of "it already happened". I actually like that. It makes it dynamic.

Anyways what should happen around where my char is stationed? I want to bring attention to my char when there's something starting to get eventful.

Indeed. That whole shebang is part of this timeline, as far as Viktor is concerned, and already happened millennia ago. There won't be Jews or Romans in this world, because this world is, contrary to appearances, not the one Viktor knew before coming here.

Hmm. Like I said, there's the occasional low level raiding on the NE frontier.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 2:23 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Ah, I see so even though Christ was murdered by the romans, you're form of Christianity is that of "it already happened". I actually like that. It makes it dynamic.

Indeed. That whole shebang is part of this timeline, as far as Viktor is concerned, and already happened millennia ago. There won't be Jews or Romans in this world, because this world is, contrary to appearances, not the one Viktor knew before coming here.

Yeah, but its mainly inconsequential. I fear if I do that then I might get stuck, so Im trying to plan ahead. For example maybe you want to create a expedition to India to obtain cotton, and my char gets pulled in. I think after a raid that I get recruited or something. Something along those lines where a event pops up.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:17 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Yeah, but its mainly inconsequential. I fear if I do that then I might get stuck, so Im trying to plan ahead. For example maybe you want to create a expedition to India to obtain cotton, and my char gets pulled in. I think after a raid that I get recruited or something. Something along those lines where a event pops up.

You're not wrong; I can work with that. I've been meaning to send an expedition down to the Nile, to establish a trading presence there, back when I was going to interact with the Grim Reaper's Author. Ted distinguishing himself as a warrior and leader of men could lead to him being in that expedition.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:54 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeah, but its mainly inconsequential. I fear if I do that then I might get stuck, so Im trying to plan ahead. For example maybe you want to create a expedition to India to obtain cotton, and my char gets pulled in. I think after a raid that I get recruited or something. Something along those lines where a event pops up.

You're not wrong; I can work with that. I've been meaning to send an expedition down to the Nile, to establish a trading presence there, back when I was going to interact with the Grim Reaper's Author. Ted distinguishing himself as a warrior and leader of men could lead to him being in that expedition.

I was thinking more like being put on the expedition, then for some reason Leader of the expedition croaks. Anyways is there anything I need to know before post for barbarian raid?

Like famous sayings
Cultural things
Standard weaponry
Formation names and other types
Etc

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 4:58 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

I was thinking more like being put on the expedition, then for some reason Leader of the expedition croaks. Anyways is there anything I need to know before post for barbarian raid?

Like famous sayings
Cultural things
Standard weaponry
Etc

Nah, nothing I can think of offhand. You should be pretty good in most cases due to how I've focused on Viktor's viewpoint, so a lot of other aspects of the Imperium are undefined.

Explorators lead expeditions, not military men :P

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:20 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:I was thinking more like being put on the expedition, then for some reason Leader of the expedition croaks. Anyways is there anything I need to know before post for barbarian raid?

Like famous sayings
Cultural things
Standard weaponry
Etc

Nah, nothing I can think of offhand. You should be pretty good in most cases due to how I've focused on Viktor's viewpoint, so a lot of other aspects of the Imperium are undefined.

Yeah, but I was talking bout the general leader who leads the troops croaks, and they need a replacement. So they try and establish a company leader. Sorry for the confusion.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:21 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Yeah, but I was talking bout the general leader who leads the troops croaks, and they need a replacement. So they try and establish a company leader. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, that would probably be Ted, if he is a company captain. The Imperium would really have to work to move a whole Great Company to Egypt.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeah, but I was talking bout the general leader who leads the troops croaks, and they need a replacement. So they try and establish a company leader. Sorry for the confusion.

Ah, that would probably be Ted, if he is a company captain. The Imperium would really have to work to move a whole Great Company to Egypt.

Yeah, I assume food supplies being the most important unless your taking to the seas.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:25 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Yeah, I assume food supplies being the most important unless your taking to the seas.

Definitely a naval expedition. Marching overland would be a menace.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Founded: Mar 20, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:35 pm

Are we allowed to join up with an existing civilization?

I wouldn't mind being apart of the Imperium of Man.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Yeah, I assume food supplies being the most important unless your taking to the seas.

Mountains then desert nasty...

Well boats, are nice in the fact that they help avoid dangerous situations, but then you need a lot of boats.... Also it wouldn't be to exciting... ... also lots of storage for food...

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:38 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:Are we allowed to join up with an existing civilization?

There wasn't a official rule, but I was kinda thrown into the empire off the bat. I would say it's allowed, but the RPs intended to build a civ

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:46 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

There wasn't a official rule, but I was kinda thrown into the empire off the bat. I would say it's allowed, but the RPs intended to build a civ

Perhaps we could interact.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:49 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:There wasn't a official rule, but I was kinda thrown into the empire off the bat. I would say it's allowed, but the RPs intended to build a civ

Perhaps we could interact.

My plan is to obtain Italy. Thus it is my goal to betray the emprah. You could say I'm a rebel who wants to stir chaos to liberate Italy. I'll only play loyal dog for a few decades, but my intent is to rebel, but it'd be interesting to interact.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:53 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:Perhaps we could interact.

My plan is to obtain Italy. Thus it is my goal to betray the emprah. You could say I'm a rebel who wants to stir chaos to liberate Italy. I'll only play loyal dog for a few decades, but my intent is to rebel, but it'd be interesting to interact.

I could work with you. Together, we could work towards defeating the Emperor.

Our characters could become friends in the IC.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:10 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:My plan is to obtain Italy. Thus it is my goal to betray the emprah. You could say I'm a rebel who wants to stir chaos to liberate Italy. I'll only play loyal dog for a few decades, but my intent is to rebel, but it'd be interesting to interact.

I could work with you. Together, we could work towards defeating the Emperor.

I'd be happy to, but it'd have to depend on the ideals. My character ideally wants to create an empire of trade, and prestige. I don't intend to kill the emprah. Knowing my real life self I wouldn't be able to, but I might inflict damage to prove to the empire that the Emperor is not invincible. Ofcourse IF I get the chance to injure the Emperor (like cutting a arm presumably). I'd be very uncomfortable if not troubled with my action, but will follow through with the conviction of my ideals.

The Orson Empire
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Orson Empire » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:23 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
The Orson Empire wrote:I could work with you. Together, we could work towards defeating the Emperor.

I'd be happy to, but it'd have to depend on the ideals. My character ideally wants to create an empire of trade, and prestige. I don't intend to kill the emprah. Knowing my real life self I wouldn't be able to, but I might inflict damage to prove to the empire that the Emperor is not invincible. Ofcourse IF I get the chance to injure the Emperor (like cutting a arm presumably). I'd be very uncomfortable if not troubled with my action, but will follow through with the conviction of my ideals.

You don't necessarily have to kill him. Just capture him, strip away his power and lock him in a dungeon.

You are spawning in Rome, correct?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:31 pm

Sure, there's nothing to prevent your Author from landing somewhere with an existing civilization. It has pros and cons, but I'm sure you figured that out before asking.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Mountains then desert nasty...

Well boats, are nice in the fact that they help avoid dangerous situations, but then you need a lot of boats.... Also it wouldn't be to exciting... ... also lots of storage for food...

Yes, you'll need supply ships. But it won't be a large expedition, and the Imperium has decently sized vessels for a Mediterranean journey.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:36 pm

The Orson Empire wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:I'd be happy to, but it'd have to depend on the ideals. My character ideally wants to create an empire of trade, and prestige. I don't intend to kill the emprah. Knowing my real life self I wouldn't be able to, but I might inflict damage to prove to the empire that the Emperor is not invincible. Ofcourse IF I get the chance to injure the Emperor (like cutting a arm presumably). I'd be very uncomfortable if not troubled with my action, but will follow through with the conviction of my ideals.

You don't necessarily have to kill him. Just capture him, strip away his power and lock him in a dungeon.

You are spawning in Rome, correct?

Had spawned in Rome. Was inactive for awhile (during the summer cuz of events) that when they did there 10 year change I was considered no longer part of it and G took me over. Weirdly enough I liked the turn of events and just joined back up as the person to liberate Italy. Joined the military to gain fame and attempt to reach the top of the military to gain political prestige. Since G's military stations me away from Italy I will end up somewhere in Scythia watching the border hoping to rank up quickly to obtain true power. So essentially I'm a returning player planning my reentrance into the series

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Mountains then desert nasty...

Yes, you'll need supply ships. But it won't be a large expedition, and the Imperium has decently sized vessels for a Mediterranean journey.

I doubt theired be action though although assuming that you'll likely target the Nile, and that territory isn't under whatever Grims empire is. You'll likely engage natives, and sense it's a foreign land the expedition will kinda be at a disadvantage. It's assuming how far deep you want to go into the Nile. Also plagues are going to be annoying since if I recall happens a lot in Africa.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:38 pm

At least the Imperium has dissenters. I'm going to make my post soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse