NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 4:04 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Hmm, you wanted Ted to be deployed near Scythia? There isn't much going on over there aside from what might be the occasional frontier raid by uncivilized tribes of plainsmen.

yeah, because I don't want to get pulled into a huge battle early on. Especially after being cut off during the summer. I want to get used to RPing again. I think it'd be a good way to get used to New Civilizations again.

Righto then. The Second Great Company is deployed along the Dnieper, if you want a good place to be posted while being able to write at your own pace.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 14, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:13 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:yeah, because I don't want to get pulled into a huge battle early on. Especially after being cut off during the summer. I want to get used to RPing again. I think it'd be a good way to get used to New Civilizations again.

Righto then. The Second Great Company is deployed along the Dnieper, if you want a good place to be posted while being able to write at your own pace.

Also are there various types of companies (not Great Company)
like scouts, soldier, artillery, or etc?
Name: Ted
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.
I M P E R I A LR E P U B L I C

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:16 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Also are there various types of companies (not Great Company)

Indeed. Formally, there are the auxiliaries, the infantry, and the cavalry. Infantry make up eight of the ten companies in a Great Company, with cavalry making up the other two, and auxiliaries not counted in the total. Auxiliaries can range from longbowmen to artillery, and are essentially a catch-all term.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:20 pm

Not a whole lot of meat to my post since I lost an hour of writing cause of some tech shenanigans But to be honest there is not a lot for me to do, a decade of resettlement and thats about it.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:23 pm

Kelmet wrote:Not a whole lot of meat to my post since I lost an hour of writing cause of some tech shenanigans But to be honest there is not a lot for me to do, a decade of resettlement and thats about it.

Don't worry, the post I'm writing now will at least give you something to do ;)

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:31 pm

Kelmet wrote:Not a whole lot of meat to my post since I lost an hour of writing cause of some tech shenanigans But to be honest there is not a lot for me to do, a decade of resettlement and thats about it.

The re-settlement takes up all my time and energy.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:32 pm

Kelmet wrote:

The re-settlement takes up all my time and energy.

But the invasion fleet! My carefully crafted order of battle!

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:34 pm

Kelmet wrote:The re-settlement takes up all my time and energy.

Don't worry, once I'm on my islands Ill just viking everywhere that isn't imperial Europe.

Think the Sami tribes would move south and become a kingdom after the Nords leave?
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:36 pm

Kelmet wrote:

Don't worry, once I'm on my islands Ill just viking everywhere that isn't imperial Europe.

Think the Sami tribes would move south and become a kingdom after the Nords leave?

Hmm, potentially. It depends how much influence Norsca has had on them, to turn them from a nomadic lifestyle to one more used to sedentary living.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:39 pm

Kelmet wrote:Don't worry, once I'm on my islands Ill just viking everywhere that isn't imperial Europe.

Hmm, potentially. It depends how much influence Norsca has had on them, to turn them from a nomadic lifestyle to one more used to sedentary living.

We would have traded north with them for a few decades. I just think it would be neat to have a non Scandinavian Scandinavia.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:18 pm

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Also are there various types of companies (not Great Company)

Indeed. Formally, there are the auxiliaries, the infantry, and the cavalry. Infantry make up eight of the ten companies in a Great Company, with cavalry making up the other two, and auxiliaries not counted in the total. Auxiliaries can range from longbowmen to artillery, and are essentially a catch-all term.

Do cavalry have guns? If so what guns, and do they melee weapons?
btw sorry for yet again showering you with questions. I just want to make sure I get this right.
Anyways Ill post tomorrow, because I had unexpected company over.
I have hot takes, I like roasting the fuck out of bad takes, and I don't take shit way too seriously.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:28 pm

Hopefully Conner won't try to preach to Jeb once he makes it to Europe.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:31 pm

Kelmet wrote:

We would have traded north with them for a few decades. I just think it would be neat to have a non Scandinavian Scandinavia.

You're not wrong, it is a cool concept. I'm quite alright with it.

Holy Tedalonia wrote:

Do cavalry have guns? If so what guns, and do they melee weapons?
btw sorry for yet again showering you with questions. I just want to make sure I get this right.

No, not as such. Gunpowder weapons, such as they exist, are mainly confined to heavy long-rifles that work view flintlock mechanism. They aren't as widely adopted as they will be IRL, because few forces the Imperium faces deploy soldiers capable of defeating the crossbows and steel warriors of the Imperium bear.

There are three main types of cavalry- lancers, dragoons, and outriders. Lancers wear the heaviest armor, plate armor thinner than most medieval knights, but still formidable, wielding (as the name implies) lances, as well as maces and longswords. They're usually deployed as breakthrough or flanking elements. Dragoons are less cavalry than mounted infantry, and wear relatively light cuirasses or half-plate, being employed to harass enemy formations with superior mobility and pavises/heavy crossbows; they dismount to fire where the enemy cannot effectively respond. Outriders are much the same, except they bear heavier armor, no shields, and engage enemy skirmishers with either composite bows or repeating crossbows.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:34 pm

Ulls wrote:Hopefully Conner won't try to preach to Jeb once he makes it to Europe.

Not my speed don't worry.

You're not wrong, it is a cool concept. I'm quite alright with it.

:hug:
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:35 pm

I'm having a writer's block with Greenland's first colony. Can anyone give me an idea on a name for the first settlement in Greenland?

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:47 pm

Ulls wrote:I'm having a writer's block with Greenland's first colony. Can anyone give me an idea on a name for the first settlement in Greenland?

Hmm. I'm not really familiar with Ego's naming scheme, aside from corruptions of RL names.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Tue Aug 29, 2017 6:59 pm

Ulls wrote:I'm having a writer's block with Greenland's first colony. Can anyone give me an idea on a name for the first settlement in Greenland?

Hmm. I'm not really familiar with Ego's naming scheme, aside from corruptions of RL names.

Fairly simple and tribal.

Ego was named randomly.
Third Thunder was when three lighting bolts hit an small area which where the settlement was founded.
Twilight's Gate is named because of the importance of the longship fleet to go to Europe.
Metalbiter is actually named because of Jeb's knowledge of the iron veins that are in Florence, Michigan before he got transported.
Indridvale is actually a industry center for smithing, named after Jeb's sister.

Ehh, guess I'll just call it Esweld and Iceland Tyarinor, which will be the Frozen Sisters of Ego.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:18 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:Do cavalry have guns? If so what guns, and do they melee weapons?

No, not as such. Gunpowder weapons, such as they exist, are mainly confined to heavy long-rifles that work view flintlock mechanism. They aren't as widely adopted as they will be IRL, because few forces the Imperium faces deploy soldiers capable of defeating the crossbows and steel warriors of the Imperium bear.

There are three main types of cavalry- lancers, dragoons, and outriders. Lancers wear the heaviest armor, plate armor thinner than most medieval knights, but still formidable, wielding (as the name implies) lances, as well as maces and longswords. They're usually deployed as breakthrough or flanking elements. Dragoons are less cavalry than mounted infantry, and wear relatively light cuirasses or half-plate, being employed to harass enemy formations with superior mobility and pavises/heavy crossbows; they dismount to fire where the enemy cannot effectively respond. Outriders are much the same, except they bear heavier armor, no shields, and engage enemy skirmishers with either composite bows or repeating crossbows.

Is there a scout group or do the outriders fill that role?

Also I was thinking about Christianity, because the thought of the son comes to mind after reading the imperiums religion and since Jesus hasn't been born yet, so my question is how would Jesus still be born or we going to have religious events? And if Jesus gets born what about other religions?
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:44 am, edited 2 times in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:39 am

Full Name: Aidan Fox O'Dell; For the sake of making that less confusing, I will go by Fox while roleplaying.
Appearance: Sig.
Height and Weight: 5' 7", 165 lbs
Religion: I don't really think about that too much honestly; I think that's its more important to try and live in the here an now, and just try your best to be a good person.
Field of Expertise: N/A
Skills and Strengths:
-Eclectic knowledge: Has an exceedingly good memory for otherwise useless things that he's found interesting over the years. This has lead to a diverse array of seemingly unrelated trivia.
-Tactical: RTS game after RTS game leaves its mark.
-Diplomatic: I avoid conflict when necessary, preferring to avoid dealing with it all together and focusing on cooperation. This aids in my communication skills, such as de-escalating a rather stressful situation
-Critical: I can't ever be stagnant, often pushing myself more and more when I'm faced with setbacks.
Weaknesses:
-Anxiety: I'm often paranoid, nervous, and rather obsessed with time. My preoccupation with due dates, show-up times, and approximate durations of activities is borderline compulsive. Some nervous ticks such as tapping, speaking quickly, or a slight twitch in the neck can appear under moderate discomfort.
-People pleaser: I'm not good at confrontation, and as such prefer to just go with the flow on things that would otherwise bother me. This makes me a virtual yes-man at times.
-Caffeine addict: The first couple days, Fox will go through minor withdraw symptoms without his hourly cup of joe. This could lead to irregular sleeping schedules, crankiness, enhanced paranoia, lowered mental awareness etc.
Where in the world are you landing?: Alodia, modern day Khartoum in Sudan
RP Sample: search.php?keywords=Horacio&t=421433&sf=msgonly
Something recent for a change.
Last edited by Aidannadia on Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:47 am

Aidannadia wrote:Full Name: Aidan Fox O'Dell; For the sake of making that less confusing, I will go by Fox while roleplaying.
Appearance: Sig.
Height and Weight: 5' 7", 165 lbs
Religion: I don't really think about that too much honestly; I think that's its more important to try and live in the here an now, and just try your best to be a good person.
Field of Expertise: N/A
Skills and Strengths:
-Eclectic knowledge: Has an exceedingly good memory for otherwise useless things that he's found interesting over the years. This has lead to a diverse array of seemingly unrelated trivia.
-Tactical: RTS game after RTS game leaves its mark.
-Diplomatic: I avoid conflict when necessary, preferring to avoid dealing with it all together and focusing on cooperation. This aids in my communication skills, such as de-escalating a rather stressful situation
-Critical: I can't ever be stagnant, often pushing myself more and more when I'm faced with setbacks.
Weaknesses:
-Anxiety: I'm often paranoid, nervous, and rather obsessed with time. My preoccupation with due dates, show-up times, and approximate durations of activities is borderline compulsive. Some nervous ticks such as tapping, speaking quickly, or a slight twitch in the neck can appear under moderate discomfort.
-People pleaser: I'm not good at confrontation, and as such prefer to just go with the flow on things that would otherwise bother me. This makes me a virtual yes-man at times.
-Caffeine addict: The first couple days, Fox will go through minor withdraw symptoms without his hourly cup of joe. This could lead to irregular sleeping schedules, crankiness, enhanced paranoia, lowered mental awareness etc.
Where in the world are you landing?:
RP Sample: search.php?keywords=Horacio&t=421433&sf=msgonly
Something recent for a change.

The early eras can be a cruel world without your coffee or soda. :p
Last edited by Holy Tedalonia on Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:49 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:The early eras can be a cruel world without your coffee or soda. :p

I'm tempted to drop in Africa just for the coffee beans man. XD
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:52 am

Aidannadia wrote:
Holy Tedalonia wrote:The early eras can be a cruel world without your coffee or soda. :p

I'm tempted to drop in Africa just for the coffee beans man. XD

For the sake of the world, I am going to sacrifice a decade to invent soda

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:58 am

Holy Tedalonia wrote:
Aidannadia wrote:I'm tempted to drop in Africa just for the coffee beans man. XD

For the sake of the world, I am going to sacrifice a decade to invent soda

:bow:
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

Aidannadia
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Aidannadia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:54 am

Well, at this point I have a few options, considering the rest of the map is looking fine.

The Nile, possibly the white nile or Lake Victoria.
West Africa
Central America
Southern India
East Asia
Europe, perhaps france or spain.

Holy Tedalonia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Holy Tedalonia » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:01 am

Aidannadia wrote:Well, at this point I have a few options, considering the rest of the map is looking fine.

The Nile, possibly the white nile or Lake Victoria.
West Africa
Central America
Southern India
East Asia
Europe, perhaps france or spain.

Someone landed in Egypt, so unless you want tribal combat...
Someone landed in Japan also, so another foe.
The rest is vacant so far.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse