NATION

PASSWORD

AOCAF LIVe :: Roster | RP | Scores

A battle ground for the sportsmen and women of nations worldwide. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:24 pm

-- Diary Entry of Rodney Gibbs, Quebecois NT Manager : Day 3895 in Gotham -

Sixty nine years, survive or die. That's how my imprisonment term is going to be. I've lived in Terra Henrius for last decade, and so are only few. But I'm also destined to work here for sixty nine more years, and so are good number of 1.5 million prisoners in Terra Henrius. When many prisoners enter this penal colony, they get overwhelmed with the ruins and ashes generated from nuclear bombing of Gotham just 3 years ago, I don't. Their eyes crouch with fear, mine burn with temptation and excitement. I've tasted success, enrichment, despair and almost anything for my time in Terra Henrius to be just described as wasteful. I've been around for the mass execution of Karinesville Neonazis and Quebecois-supremacists just four years ago, back when Gotham was still intact as a city. Of the 200,000 who were present on Lil Wayne Enterprise Arena to watch four hundred people executed and their bodies taken to local food shelter. I'm sure most did not live the accidental bombing that struck us three years later, if they did not perish beforehand. We were in excitement that day. And the civil war that emerged from the ashes of just-nuked Gotham. And I remember the Anglatian prisoners, just off their own civil war, being sent to live here and create their own factions. Scary soldiers they were, and the way they quickly rearmed and resupplied themselves....I still remember just escaping from their grip on me. What better way to live your jail term through after a drug cartel deal gone wrong.

Might be a long time, those sixty nine years, so I have to survive or die. That's what it is. The day begins at our barracks, located at a subway station 50m underground from where we stand. Trains used to run back when Gotham was Magnaeus and the tiles were clean and fancy. Now they are all dark, damp and of course, there are no more publicly-run trains in Gotham.

You wake up at 5 and your lover six a.m. You prepare the breakfast in bed for him. It's not going to be a particularly tasty meal, just some vegetables and some rice drawn from local paddy fields, but it is its intention that can't get clearer: we eat to survive, not to enjoy our lives. No surprise to any of us really. This is Gotham you're speaking of, and this shithole is where we live to 35 and die. So, may as well do the best and accept it as you go.

A few hours pass. I am now in a middle of 35th Avenue, looking to find a stranger to rob. When you're in a city of 1 million people, all broke and famished, you kinda have to think like one person you see on streets, you have to rob him or her. It doesn't matter whether you are full or not; if your stomach's full, you still need to kill one for your next meal. It's not about why, but about what one may have that can benefit me. Sure it feels wrong but who cares.

Oh, how I would love to have some comrades lost back from their graves. Give me just three who were lost in the war, and I can guarantee five of us would do to establish some sort of power in this city ruled by anarchism. It would be lot easier and painless if I could just fire the first rounds of ammunition, knowing very well how the others will just sweep the grounds and take whatever we could find. A cock bottle, marijuana joint, blue pills, choc-chip cookies, whatever I could find. It would also be great to have some kids with us right now because humans have their necessary equipment down low for reproduction purposes, so that a small army of us could remain. Maybe some supplies drop from an airplane passing by....

...wait, what am I thinking? Present is different than what I wish to see and experience in this land of no rules. I wish our turf's bigger than what two of us could hold, but that would probably get us killed by a stronger power. Reproduction happens in this place all the time, but there is not much people could do to make sure that the little children survive and not end up like Κρόνος' first five children. There are water and food supplies, but only enough for its one million inhabitants to fight themselves over it. And all the comrades I gather, they do not last past a couple of years. Some are executed because they were on death row for five years (Quebecois law mandates execution of criminals with death sentence after 5 years), while others either perished during the Nuclear Friday of 2028 or did not overcome the terrain and human condition. Heck, the current lover of mine may not last long either, and he's been with me for a year. Life is harsh, but what else can you do about it?

Few hours later, I finish hunting I come back to the агитпу́нкт and smell pleasant smelling meat in pot your comrade carries. On most other days I would not feel like eating anything, especially when you I to go to sleep in an hour for a dawn operation to hunt for more food, but who cares? I did enough work today hunting down a truck killer for my lover to cook some soup on our breakfast in bed, so perhaps a meat soup is needed to bring my stamina back before I go to bed. Once the soup is ready, lover pours the substance and passes me the bowl, to which I gladly respond with slurping sounds. It takes me a few seconds to realise the soup is not pork, beef, lamb nor even kangaroo. A meat the lowest in quality, not even that of a properly-cleaned human, but a child rapist whose body was stripped on our operation three weeks ago. Been out in warzone for long, I probably forgot that him and I, upon capture, left him to roam and be tortured like a pig in basement before meeting the deserving end.

Well, I've had my meal. Would you like to have some?
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

The Royal Kingdom of Quebec
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Royal Kingdom of Quebec » Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:57 pm

ROYAL KINGDOM OF QUEBEC HELL SLAVES

Welp. Quebec's back again....but where are all those legends? Where is Hazel van Robben, Leonardo Conavacio, Xavier Hertel, etc?
Well, sorry to let you know that Hazel's busy in Cathair, Leonardo taking care of his 3 children in Handon, Schottia, and Xavier Hertel's living happily ever after as a Jeruselemite noble.

But Team Quebec's still around, so it's at least good right?

Yes, but in a slightly different way, dear readers. This rendition of Quebecois national team is definitely not normal, as they come from a living hell named Terra Henrius, a living hell already nuked once two years ago and where cannibalism and civil war is rampant and continuing. Starving and suffering under the desert sun and urban ruins, these guys are not the nicest, but are definitely some of the hardest working players out there, as most of them look to possibly get their sentences reduced and survive for little bit longer. If they do make it deep, they will survive and maybe have some rewards waiting - including that sentence reduced. If they don't? Let's not think about that.

Country Code: QUE
Team Nickname: Hell Slaves
Style Modifier: -3

Coach : Rodney Gibbs
Physio : Prisoner 10642
Trainer : Jonathan Groleau-Levesque (Prisoner number: 41)
Captain : Chip Tyson (Prisoner number: 6661111)
Vice Captain : Armis Gesperd (Prisoner number: 718309)

Executioner : Darya Zharkova (Prisoner number: 856109)
Anarchist : John Mulgray (Prisoner number : 9345021)
Visual Artist / Resident Hulk : Nynetjr Amunrah (Prisoner number : 910679)
Alcoholic : Jana Boisseaunault-Wilson (Prisoner number : 771249), Petit Johnson (Prisoner Number : 1420390)
Baby : Jonathan Groleau-Levesque (Prisoner number: 41)

Most likely to get...

Tap-In : Anybody really. This team's not very well run so everybody will want to have a ball
Yellow card : David Tardif-Jones, Nynetjr Amunrah, Alberto Tommassini, Simon Choo
Red Card : Nynetjr Amunrah, Alberto Tommassini
Sleep while on bench : Jonathan Groleau-Levesque, Kief Soumakis-Roseman
Consume drugs : Darya Zharkova, Simon Choo, Kief Soumakis-Roseman
Drunk really easily : John Mulgray, Petit Johnson, Jana Boisseaunault-Wilson
Deliver a motivational speech : Chip Tyson
Executed or beaten up : Anybody really, but especially #6, #7, #8, #10, #12, #13, #15, #16
Very angry : Chip Tyson, Yeong Ja Hwang, Nynetjr Amunrah

Squad
Players #1-#11 are starters

AGE NUMBER NAME AGE District/Area Nation of Origin Jail Time left Crime
GK: #1 Armis Gesperd 25 District 9, Gotham Komarov-Thomiya 2 years Resisting Arrest from Law Enforcement, Damaging Property
RB: #2 Simon Choo 41 District 2, Gotham R.K. Quebec 4 years Robbing a bank
LB: #3 Jonathan Groleau-Levesque 9 District 12, Gotham None (born in Gotham) N/A None
CM: #4 Alberto Tommasini 19 District 1, Gotham R.K. Quebec 6 years Selling marijuana without federal permit (which is very easy to get)
CB: #5 John Mulgray 23 Area 9, Outer Realms Schottia 29 years Arson, vandalism, terrorism
CB: #6 Jeremie Tardif-Amankwaah 30 District 4, Gotham None (citizenship revoked) 2 years (Death row) Sex trafficking
RW: #7 Petit Johnson 28 District 1, Gotham None (citizenship revoked) 15 years Illegal possession of weapons without federal permit (not as easy to get for this one), Child grooming, etc
CM: #8 Chip Tyson 24 District 13, Gotham Qasden 9 years Destruction of Historic Property
CF: #9 Nynetjer Amunrah 23 District 1, Gotham Misrantis 25 years Murder with a tennis racket
ST: #10 Jana Boissoneault-Wilson 28 District 2, Gotham R.K. Quebec 3 months Robbing a bank
LW: #11 Yeong Ja Hwang 34 Area 5, Outer Realms R.K. Quebec 4 years Tax evasion
MF: #12 David Tardif-Jones 41 Area 2, Outer Realms None (citizenship revoked) 30 years Attempted treason against Quebecois State
DF: #13 Kief Soumakis-Roseman 22 Area 4, Outer Realms R.K. Quebec 5 years (Death Row) Corruption, Securities fraud and being an IC Martin Shkreli
DF: #14 Darya Zharkova 30 District 13, Gotham Anglatia / Nordskania Lifetime sentence War crimes
FW: #15 Esmiralda Garrido 44 Area 3, Outer Realms None (citizenship revoked) 1 month (Death Row) Kidnapping, rape, false imprisonment
GK: #16 Yulian Garrido 48 Area 7, Outer Realms None (citizenship revoked) 1 month (Death Row) Kidnapping, rape, false imprisonment

Kits (Brought to you by Meski Sports):

First
Alternate
GK/Third

RP Permissions
Choose my goalscorers: Yes (TG me)
Godmod scoring events: Yes (TG me)
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes (TG me)
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes (TG me)
RP Injuries to my players: Yes (TG me, and no more than one)
Godmod injuries to my players: Yes (TG me beforehand, as there are only 3-4 substitutions this team can have)
Godmod other events: Yes (Be creative, but TG me beforehand)
Last edited by The Royal Kingdom of Quebec on Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
WORK IN PROGRESS: The Wanderer's Guide To Somewhere: Megathread!

Happy 420 Friends!

2x World Cup, 2x Baptism of Fire, 2x Cup of Harmony, 5x World Cup of Hockey, 2x World Bowl and 2x International Basketball Championships Host

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 17, 2016
New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Mriin National Team
For competition in the 54th AOCAF

Style: +2

Note that all players (and most Mriinians) are Satyrs, or anthropomorphic goats. Horns, hooves, and a tail, but hands and bipedal. It might also be of note that Mriin uses a blend of steampunk science and high fantasy magic, rather than being modern or postmodern tech.

POSITION - NUMBER - GENDER - AGE - NAME - TEAM - CAPS - GOALS

M - 55 - M - ?? - Don Mizzet - Vidial Alchemists (note: is a dragon)

STARTING XI
GK - 1 - F - 27 - Zilia Hawsorn - Maal Angels - 45 - 0
LB - 4 - M - 28 - Uhlon Loft - Vidial Alchemists - 45 - 2
CB - 3 - M - 28 - Gerard Tavol - Bruul Skewers - 39 - 0 (Vice-Captain)
CB - 8 - F - 24 - Reina Kress - AFC Hosingr - 0 - 0
RB - 12 - M - 22 - Vernan Quill - Vidial Alchemists - 4 - 0
RM - 5 - F - 29 - Kalia Swurm - Troma AC - 43 - 4
LM - 7 - F - 29 - Malia Polandre - Vidial Alchemists - 45 - 12
AM - 11 - M - 31 - Joren Kreuger - Vidial Alchemists - 45 - 17 (Captain)
FW - 2 - F - 24 - Mari Lavoi - Maal Angels - 40 - 6 (note: was previously playing as a back, despite being trained as a forward)
FW - 9 - M - 25 - Aldo Vocani - Vidial Alchemists - 45 - 21
FW - 10 - F - 26 - Solara Vol - Maal Daemons - 45 - 44

REPLACEMENTS
GK - 0 - M - 31 - Kostin Bermat - AFC Hosingr - 3 - 0
LB - 16 - M - 21 - Meryn Valent - Maal Angels - 0 - 0
CB - 13 - F - 36 - Qual Yon - Hruk ST - 20 - 0
RB - 19 - M - 28 - Leon Farth - Mount Prei - 0 - 0
LM - 14 - F - 28 - Harra Klein - Vidial Alchemists - 6 - 0
DM - 6 - F - 34 - Janna Kurung - AFC Hosignr - 45 - 0
AM - 15 - F - 32 - Wanny Vespucci - Vidial Outlanders - 21 - 0
FW - 17 - M - 33 - Korl Naman - Reyn Warriors - 3 - 0
FW - 18 - M - 25 - Jorm Vahn - Troma AC - 5 - 3

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: Yes
RP injuries to my players: No
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes (Most card-prone: Uhlon Loft, Aldo Vocani, Wanny Vespucci)
Hand out red cards to my players: Yes
Godmod other events: Yes
Last edited by Mriin on Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
<Yuezhou> I am willfully ignoring the existence of boats

Demot
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2005
New York Times Democracy

Postby Demot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 9:56 pm

Demot "Dynamo" Roster

Kits
ImageImage
Home Away

Manager: Scott Gaines, age 44
Assistant: Gary Josephs, age 41

Modifier: +4

GK: Manuela Brunson, age 24, Club Demot (F)
GK: Wesley Goulette, age 24, Skyhaven FC
GK: Ladawn Simard, age 29, Likewell Kirk (F)
LB: Lee Walker, age 27, Likewell Kirk

LB: Steven Woods, age 24, Atalantian FC
CB: Brenda McDaniel, age 23, Oceanic United (F)
CB: Michele Noriega, age 28, Club Demot (F)
RB: Michael Cooper, age 26, Druidisian United
RB: Richard McMorrow, age 28, Likewell Kirk
RW: Karen Courtney, age 26, Oceanic (F)
RW: Margaret Santana, age 28, Oceanic United (F)
LW: Terry Jackson, age 27, Likewell Kirk
LW: Rose Yearwood, age 28, Skyhaven FC (F)
MC: Rocco Branch, age 27, Skyhaven FC
MC: Herbert Lisenby, age 29, Maracruse Typhoon
AMC: Jacqueline Trosper, age 28, Druidisian United (F)

AMC: Carol Pugh, age 24, Atalantian FC (F)
AMC: Viola Silvis, age 26, Skyhaven FC (F)
AMC: Jennifer Nguyen, age 27, Oceanic (F)
ST: Christopher Moore, age 26, Oceanic United
ST: Sean Johnson, age 27, Likewell Kirk
ST: Carmine Holmes, age 28, Likewell Kirk

ST: Latoya Joseph, age 24, Mirria United (F)

Simard
McMorrow Noriega Walker
Santana Lisenby Yearwood
Trosper Nguyen

Johnson Holmes

I Give To My Opponent The Permission To:
=================================
Choose My Goalscorers: Y
Godmod Goalscoring Events: N
Injure Players: Y, but no more than two games out
Godmod Injury Events: N
Red Card Players: Y
Yellow Card Players: Y
Godmod Other Events: TG me first.
=================================
Last edited by Demot on Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X AOCAF 54 MD 0 RP

Postby 95X » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:48 pm

Belief or Fiction?

"In the former 95X," the newscaster on an international news channel read, "lack of government and order has given rise to a movement called 'Fourelevenism.'"

"What?" Xi Foureleven fumed, as video of 40,000 people bowing at Oceanside Stadium played.

"We believe that one day," an adherent that wouldn't give a name said on camera, "that Xi Foureleven will return and strike down the nonbelievers!"

"How dare they!" she yelled at the TV.

She left hiding and returned to Oceanside, 95X, on a large boat carrying the 95X flag, manned with a platoon of armed soldiers. But as they reached the port in Oceanside, they were met with a crowd of unarmed cheering people.

"All hail Xi Foureleven!" the crowd chanted in unison while bowing profusely as they learned who was on board.

"Get up!" Foureleven ordered over a megaphone. "And take me to your leader!"

Instead, the crowd followed her to the stadium. Oceanside was strangely quiet, its offices and shops were empty, no business was being conducted, Foureleven's usual tense relationship with the general public was nowhere to be found. She arrived at the stadium she still technically owned to find it kept in immaculate condition. Decorative and playing grass was freshly cut. Carpets were cleaned and vacuumed. There was no damage to the facility at all. No dead pixels on the electronic displays. It made even less sense to her when Foureleven walked onto the playing field as she did countless times before.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:59 pm

Demot
Attaché

Founded: May 20, 2005
New York Times Democracy

Postby Demot » Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:10 pm

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:42 am

Reina took her time walking through the bazaar. Despite being born and raised Mriinian, she'd spent very little time in capital--generally catching a boat or plane to whatever vacation spot elsewhere in the Atlantean Oceania her mother decided was next. And this time, too, she was there simply to on her way elsewhere. But flying out with the national football team was a very different affair than a family vacation!

I can hardly believe they actually called me up. A team that's actually qualified for the World Cup looked at ME and said "yeah, we want you. We want you in the starting eleven."

The flight to Tropicorp was coming up, and with that her international debut, but after another wave of giddy anxiousness she pushed that to the back of her mind. I've actually got some time to myself, let's try and enjoy it for once.

The market stalls were bustling as hundreds of Satyrs haggled over potions and produce and televisions and jewelry, some focused on getting the best possible deal but many distracted by the orange rays stretching across the water that caressed the bazaar. Why'd I have to forget my camera at home? We don't get sunsets like this in Hosingr.

As she tore her eyes away from the scene to the west, Reina noticed the first stall she'd seen that wasn't overflowing. Stepping up to it the young kid staffing it perked up, excitedly starting off the schpeel about his tourist tat that the locals clearly didn't give him the time of day for. But what caught her eye wasn't the little wooden replica boats, or the snowglobes or keychains, but rather the little bulletin board on the wall. It brought her back home, where her mother had coated their refrigerator with magnets and postcards from all the places she'd seen around AO. But there was never anything there for Mriin, was there?

She flipped the kid--who was still going through his bit, obliviously--a scale, and pulled one of the cards down.

Last edited by Mriin on Sun Aug 27, 2017 12:44 am, edited 3 times in total.

Lisander
Minister

Founded: Feb 09, 2013
New York Times Democracy

Postby Lisander » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:10 am

The Principality of Lisander, a sports loving, very highly developed nation in Astyria.
Disappointing people and missing deadlines since 2013.

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 18, 2013
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Tropicorp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:07 am

The quasi-governmental entity of Tropicorp are back again!

During AOCAF 50, Tropicorp put out a call amongst a subset of its scientists, researchers and engineers for support on an ongoing project. The project, which required exposure to competitive football, saw Tropicorp scientists, researchers, engineers and other such guinea pigs wearing special fabrics with electronic measuring devices sewn into them in order to aid in their measurements and calculations. The data collected during AOCAF 50 was absolutely invaluable to the project. During the cycle since, Tropicorp Engineers have been putting the data to the test at Tropicorp locations in Tropicoast and also at a new facility at an undisclosed location, also on Calania. During AOCAF 51, the scientists, researchers and engineers returned to collect some final data points to push them towards the final phase of the project. However, a strange thing happened during AOCAF 51 - the Tropicorp Scientists - perhaps a result of their own detailed research of the game, began not only to be competitive, but to win matches. The Techies actually qualified for the Knockout Rounds and stunned many with their performances until ultimately being knocked out by host and eventual champion nation Valanora.

After 4 Campaigns collecting data for their research, the moment has finally come. Their Cocoabo were ready for action and saw action during World Cup 78 Qualifying for Turori and during the XII Olympiad in Novanaya and Vekaiyu - with the Cocoabo team making it all the way to the Olympic final before losing to Darmen and earning the Silver Medal.

Now, with the initial round of research done, new data would need to be collected. This time, they would need to collect data regarding how well the Cocoabo could play as a Hybrid Team. That is, a team where Cocoabo play along side Citizens.

For each of the three group stage matches, a different discipline will be replaced on the pitch by Cocoabo and the results monitored for analysis. Additionally, the goalkeeper would switch between a Tropicorp Employee and a Cocoabo each game during half time.

Hybrid Squad Schedule:

Matchday 1:
GK: Techie / Cocoabo
DEF: Cocoabo Only
MID: Techie
FOR: Techie

Matchday 2:
DEF: Techie
MID: Cocoabo Only
FOR: Techie

Matchday 3:
DEF: Techie
MID: Techie
FOR: Cocoabo Only

Goalkeepers
There are a total of 2 Engineers taking part in the testing and they will alternate matches. There will be a researcher assigned to monitor and document their activities who will also be listed as a goalkeeper.

Cocoabo Representative(s):
Cocoabo #86
Cocoabo #87

Defenders
There will be two scientists and two researchers on the field at any given time, with a further 2 scientists and 2 researchers working from the sidelines and prepared to step in if needed.

Cocoabo #58
Cocoabo #57
Cocoabo #53
Cocoabo #59

Midfielders
As with the defenders, There will be two scientists and two researchers on the field at any given time, with a further 2 scientists and 2 researchers working from the sidelines and prepared to step in if needed. They will alternate between central and wing positions.

Cocoabo #61
Cocoabo #64
Cocoabo #65
Cocoabo #62
Cocoabo #67

Forwards
There will be one Scientist, and one Researcher working in tandem and one each from the sidelines.

Cocoabo #91
Cocoabo #99
Cocoabo #98

Team Nickname: the "Techies"

Style: RAND(-5,5)

====================
Invent Names for the Scientists/Researchers/Engineers: Y
Choose Scorers: Y
GodMod Goalscoring Events: Y

Injure Players: Y
GodMod Injury Events Y

Red Card Players: Y
GodMod Other Events: Y
===================
- Tropicorp -

Tropicorp
Diplomat

Postby Tropicorp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 4:22 am

Image Image
- Tropicorp -

Tropicorp
Diplomat

AOCAF 54 - Matchday 1 Scores

Postby Tropicorp » Sun Aug 27, 2017 5:47 am

Matchday 1

--- COCOABO ZONE ---

Group 1
Komarov-Thomiya [2] Royal Kingdom of Quebec [2]
Click Here to choose the venue
Cosumar [0] Demot [1]

Group 2
Osarius [3] Iskandervale [1]
Starblaydia [2] Rossaline [0]

Group 3
Blouman Empire [1] Tallaga la Falla [1]
Chromatika [3] Blackmont [1]
Kionao Minor Field, Kionao, Turori

Group 4
Euran Oceania Territories [0] Valanora [3]
Qasden [6] Lisander [1]
Riailia Cliff Stadium, Riailia, Vilita

--- TROPICORP ZONE ---

Group 5
Semarland [1] Mriin [1]
Vilita & Turori [5] Oceanian Spaam [0]
Bear Claw Stadium, Mavaloiao, Vilita

Group 6
Tropicorp [2] Ngolia [1]
Tropicorp Park, Tropicoast, Tropicorp
Eshan [2] Kebec [1]

Group 7
Oontaz Dert Li Ng [3] Legalese [1]
Krytenia [2] County Davidson [0]

Group 8
Equestrian States [1] 95X [2]
Tropicorp Park, Tropicoast, Tropicorp
Farfadillis [3] Ctulhtii [0]

For those who have not completed the Roster Challenge or the MD1 Challenge yet, you may still do so on subsequent matchdays.

Roster Challenge: Include on your Roster at least one player who either plays in another AO Nation (or, has a story of historical lineage to another AO Nationality)

MD 1 RP Challenge :: Post a picture of a Postcard that would be found in your nation; See the "Postcards!" thread on the AO Forum for some inspiration. Double posting your creations here and there is encouraged!

MD 2 RP Challenge :: National Holidays; Incorporate one of your nations National Holidays into your RP, or present its recognized holidays. Posting a summary list of your National Holidays in the thread on the AO Forum is encouraged!

Host Note: Due to multiple factors but primarily due to departure from the region, Hundaya was replaced in Group 5 with Oceanian Spaam. Both nations have the same rank and it is a straight 1:1 swap.
Last edited by Tropicorp on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Tropicorp -

Chromatika
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Democratic Socialists

Postby Chromatika » Sun Aug 27, 2017 3:22 pm

Chromatik Calendar
As Recognized by the Chromatik Government

JANUARY/JANVIER
1 New Year's Day

FEBRUARY/FÉVRIER
23 Hope of Spring (Symbolic End of Winter)

MARCH/MARS
13 Day of Ecology (Nature Awareness Day)

APRIL/AVRIL
4-10 Week of Remembrance (Memorial Week)
11 Election Day

MAY/MAI
15 Education Day

JUNE/JUIN
8 Parents' Day
21 Summer Solstice

JULY/JUILLET
20 Military Day

AUGUST/AOÛT

SEMPTEMBER/SEPTEMBRE
10 ROYGBIV Day (Color Code Awareness Day)

OCTOBER/OCTOBRE
31 Day of Masks (Fall Festival)

NOVEMBER/NOVEMBRE
17 Day of the Rainbow (Independence Day)

DECEMBER/DÉCEMBRE
21 Winter Solstice
24 Christmas Eve
25 Christmas
Chromatika 3-1 Blackmont
Starting Lineup vs. Blackmont: Ria; Ilya - Stef - Damjana; Thorben - Hellion (C) - Kazumi - Liam; Rien - Quren - Niro. Subs: Morningstar -> Ilya '51, Kelly -> Thorben '62, Victoriane -> Quren '71
Goals vs. Blackmont: Kelly '68 assisted by Kazumi; Kelly '81 (free kick); Victoriane '88 assisted by Kelly
Player of the Match: Meagan Kelly (2 goals, 1 assist)
Summary: Per usual, Mia Ria had a rough first fifteen minutes, giving up a goal to Sir Hannon early on. In fact, it wasn't until the substitution of Kelly that things really started to get going. The Locals' star, playing on her home pitch in the Vilitan League, had a fantastic outing, scoring twice (once off a free kick, which was a bit odd as Rachel was on the pitch at the same time) and assisting on the third by the star youngster Victoriane. While a bit worrisome that Ria continues to have holes in her game in the first half hour, it was a good showing by the second squad, and testament to the fact that the Chromatik roster is, in fact, deep.
Projected Lineup vs. Blouman Empire: Ria; Morningstar - Stef - Damjana; Thorben - Hellion - Kazumi - Liam; Rien - Victoriane (C) - Niro.
Former User of the Nations of Yesopalitha and Falconfar

Champion: WBC 52, NSCF 24, 26, 28, and CoH 82
Regional Tournaments: AOCAF 55 Champions, 52 & 63 Runners-Up
WC Proper Appearances: Second Place: 93 Semifinals: 76 Quarterfinals: 77, 78 Round of Sixteen: 79, 80, 87, 88, 92 Group Stage: 81, 83, 84, 86, 89
CoH Appearances: 77 (Ro16), 85 (Ro16), 90 (Champions), 91 (QF)
KPB Ranking: 5 (Pre 95)
RP Population: 22 million

Cosumar
Postmaster-General

Founded: May 14, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Cosumar » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:35 pm

MD1: Postcard from Kaldukosic, Cosumar's tech hub and most populated city

THE TOP 5 WEIRDEST HOLIDAYS UNIQUE TO COSUMAR
brought to you by E-Egret, AO's most-clicked distributor of online content

5. Origins Day - A celebration of the day the First 5800 settlers landed on the shores of North Klyde, Cosumar. It is evolved into a day to celebrate bonds with those who live around you. Neighborhoods, apartment complexes, etc. host community-bonding events. Some Cosumarites also refrain from eating to honor the hardships endured by the First 5800. February 8.

4. Vintermåne - Cosumar's version of the universal Winter Solstice holiday, celebrating the arrival of the snowy season and the beauty of nature. Instead of chopping down pine trees and pointlessly stuffing them indoors, Cosumarites gather in the forests and decorate real trees. Celebrations generally last a week and involve gift-giving, good food and drink, singing/dancing and general high spirits. All outdoors. December 17-23.

3. Cucumber Day - Yes, a holiday for cucumbers - the most beloved vegetable in Cosumar. It was once the Fiefdom's cash crop before industrialization. People all across the country wear green and binge on cucumbers/pickles. Often criticized for being a superficial and commercial holiday. If so, it was a stroke of PR genius by the cucumber industry back when this started. It's now ingrained in the culture. September 18.

2. Metallgalen - Every year at 6:00 a.m. on June 6 (666), the entire nation ceases function for an entire day filled with heavy metal festivals across the country. One such festival is the KvanderFest, hosted by popular Cosumar/Cornellians footballer Kit Kvanderwyk. All other forms of music are temporarily banned from radio. Huge crowds flood the streets, headbanging and causing general havoc as they rock out. Blasphemy and drunkenness are encouraged.

1. Nöje Nöje - 6/9 (June 9). For one day, complete nudity and all sexual acts between consenting individuals over the age of 16 are permissible in public. Gathering places in major cities basically become giant orgies. It's three days after Metallgalen, so this entire hedonistic week is usually taken off for schools/workplaces.
Last edited by Cosumar on Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Qualified: World Cups 54-59, 62, 73-83
President, World Lacrosse Fed.
World Bowl VP

Champions: DBC 35/44/45, AOCAF 54, Eagle Cup VII, WCoH 33, CoH 64, IBC 18, NSCF 10/11/15/16, WLC 20/21/26, Arena Bowl I & III
2nd Place: AOCAF 57, NSCF 13, WBC 34, WLC 12/19/23, AOHC VI, Arena Bowl V
3rd Place: AOCAF 55, CoH 45 & 62, WLC 18 & 24, BoI VI

Host: WC 78 & 82, CoH 69 & 74, BoF 62, World Bowl 27, WLC 20, Beach Cup II & V
NEWSWIRE
Your friendly neighborhood Metalhead
Last.fm | RYM | Essential Cosumarcore
Political Compass
U of Texas grad livin in NC
Dallas sports
Secularist, Environmentalist, LGBT/BLM/feminist ally, Whovian
Author, Issue 319: Sizing Up The Competition

Oceanian Spaam
Civilian

Founded: May 28, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Oceanian Spaam » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:01 pm

"Five nil? What sort of score do you call that?!"

The coach of the tiny Oceanian Spaamanian team, Conoa Umelar, was not happy with her squad's performance.

"This was meant to be the start of our triumphant rise to glory! And on Queen Oruzaadov Day of all days!"

"Well, Conoa," the captain, Jaqumer, replied, "this is our first game, after all. We played one of the greatest teams of in the multiverse and in all of history... what did you expect?"

"Expect? Expect!? A goal! Couldn't you ever score a goal?"

"Cocoabo tried his best, you know. But we just couldn't get the ball... and I think we did well to hold them to five goals."

"You are happy with this performance?! Are you crazy?"

"We might be good against each other, but the teams we're playing are a whole 'nother level. As long as we keep on improving, we should be happy! And you know if we can only get a ball free to Cocoabo, he'll be sure to score."

"You make sure that happens then! I won't put up with another embarrassment like this. What would Queen Oruzaadov say if she saw this?"

"Nothing, because she died. I don't know why we celebrate her anyway; I thought we were meant to be apart from other motherland."

"How dare you talk about Her Majesty like that, Jaqumer! Ten laps, NOW!"

Permissions: yeah, whatever.  Style: -5
Last edited by Oceanian Spaam on Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Tomikosan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tomikosan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 4:42 am

The Vocaloid Army were somewhat crushed. What seemed to be unsual at first sight turns dangerous as they faced criminals with violent attitudes, yet they survived in an opening matchday and gave out the score 2-2, thanks to the combined effort Kreis and Munschell. Otherwise, to them, it is a nightmare, with rough tackles launched left, right and center. What they don't understand is why they are playing against them or, better yet, even here in the first place. Only the minority of the fans looked perplexed at what just happened, but most of the time fans try to go on with the football chants and cheers.

As they packed up their belongings and head to the hotel, Braeskan went into the dressing room and began to talk. 'Alright, players,' spoke him to his squad. 'I have to admit. It is tough. The footballers that we faced are as hard as a rock. And by footballers, I mean prisoners.'

The team were shocked. Not all of them knew what was coming to face them. It seems that the players had found out about the truth behind Quebec's squad. Wolfgang questioned him, 'So that's why they played so hard?'

'True, Wolfie,' responeded Braeskan. He continued to talk, 'Besides, they rely on brute strength alone. Probably the reason for missing chances and dire saves that we could have had. I'm glad that Minemaru is able put up a long shot goal as well as a header.'

Tsujimoto was part of the Vocaloid Army's comeback that put Komarov-Thomiya to a 2-2 draw. It was impressive that he can put up a solid performance in matchday 1. Tsujimoto was feeling happy with his form, but was determined to help his team win in the next match. Tsujimoto wasn't the only player to be happy about.

Another teammate, Tyler Pryding, was always happy-go-lucky. Sure, the strikers played well and acted aggressively towards the attacking area, but he only focused on putting up a solid defence and keep them away from scoring, even if it does mean going against the angriest fowards they had to face.

'I don't think these prisoners tried to ruin the beautiful game,' said Pryding with a cheery voice. 'They're just treated badly, that's all.'

'Then how do you explain the effort they put in?' responeded Yoshika Minase with a harsh tone. 'We've been conceded, twice!'

'I was trying to muster up the defence. At least we put up a great fight, right?'

Etsuo, the twin brother to Yoshika, tried to calm her down by patting at her back. 'Relax, Yoshika,' said Etsuo. 'Despite that draw, that means it is merely a small push to us. Just focus on the next match, ok?'

'Fine,' replied Yoshika.

With the players packed up already and prepared, Braeskan told to his players, 'Boys, we're heading back to the bus,' he announced. 'Has everyone got everything?'

All the players nodded 'yes', ready to move out from the dressing room. Braeskan signalled to follow with his right arm going in a chopping motion, pointing tomwhere were they going. They headed down the hallway and move out from the stadium. It was a match best remembered for the notoriety of desicion by Quebec.
Komarov-Thomiya Ingkong Macheda
(The United Empire of Komarov-Thomiya)

'Tyn, oū eshli Komariques, jip vin qashan hakh vart, vin qashan tesh wurl, vin qashan bakti saikhu shi metada!'
We, our fellow Komariques, are the greatest there is, the greatest there was, the greatest there will ever be in history!

Debut: Baptism of Fire 63 (Win vs. Merni) [Seniors]/ Di Bradini Cup 38 (Win vs. Dunnes) [U-21]
Awards: Baptism of Fire 63 3rd Place Winner (vs. Qasden) [Seniors]/ Di Bradini Cup 38 3rd Place Winner (vs. Unified Sunrise Islands) [U-21]
Appearances in World Cup: 0

Tomikosan
Envoy

Founded: Nov 05, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Tomikosan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:22 am

In the bus, all the players were just minding their own businesses. Some talked about the match, while others played games in portable devices. Only a few slept on their way to the hotel, including Braeskan. At the back seat was Kumi and her teammate Iroha. They cuddled each other for a bit, before kicking of with a conversation.

'So, how was the match?' said Kumi.

'It went well, I supposed,' replied Iroha with a calm tone. 'Though we shouldn't let two goals in which in this case, I had to notch up just a bit.'

Kumi felt that she would put up more effort in defence. But she also felt that it was their debut. They were playing with the pros with experience in previous editions. Kumi later said, 'After all, it was only a beginning, right?'

'Yes,' Iroha answered.

On another seat, Wolfgang was staring at Tsujimoto's phone, who was searching and looking on every national squad in the AOCAF website. He asked him 'Minemaru, what are you doing?'

Tsujimoto replied to him, 'Searching on a squad we faced earlier.' He continued talking, 'I need to find out about the starting XI. I think it is Quebec, if I am not mistaken.'

'Yes, we are facing Quebec,' answered Wolfgang.

Tsujimoto managed to find the starting XI of Quebec's national football team. Here, it was fielded with prisoners, which they played against. He was fascinted on how Quebec picked some of the toughest players that played football every well. However, he didn't expect something unusual in their lineup. Their two players shocked him when he founded out about them, and may suprised everyone assuming they didn't know about it.

First was a #3 Left Back, named Jonathan Groleau-Levesque. He was only 9 years old, and was born, weirdly enough, in prison. It was unsual in two ways: that he was 7 years younger than both Kumi and Iroha and that he was born in the clink. Tsujimoto then spoke, 'Such a kid like him should probably never play football with adults as old as us. Then again, why would he be born in jail? It was dangerous and unsafe for a kid like him.'

Wolfgang remarked, 'This young man had a story to remember in his prison days. I doubt that he would escape.'

The second would definitely be a stun. The reason? The person in goal was a local man by the name of Armis Gesperd. He was arrested for resisting arrest from the police and damaging property during a bank heist. A bank heist which ended with a crash to the fountain park, leaving him trapped in the van carrying tons of Kronmas. Gesperd was playing as a goalkeeper, and he made great saves that even wow all of the prisoners. As an athletic person, it gave him advantage to dive in to catch the ball on every shot, especially with Wolfgang's longshots. 'This was unbelievable,' Tsujimoto muttered. He uttered his raspy voice as he fondly remembers what he saw on the news, 'It can't be? He was in goal? No way. This can't be true.'

Wolfgang then gulped, 'Are you okay? You seem to be..........'

'Don't you know who's in goal?' Tsujimoto cuts off Wolfgang with a serious tone.

'What are you talking about, Minemaru?'

'It's the man who was part of the robbery, Wolfgang!' exclaimmed Tsujimoto. 'Armis Gesperd, part of the crime family. Arrested for crashing into the fountain! HE'S the keeper, I tell you. HE saved so much! He's a star man in the Quebecois side! '

All of the players suddenly took noticed on Tsujimoto's thunderous voice. They didn't understand why he was shouting so loud. Nam-Kan, meanwhile, woke up from the deep sleep, confused as to what was going on before saying, 'What the bloody hell is this? Why shout like a raged kid on Xbox live, Minny (short for Tsujimoto's first name)?'

Tsujimoto apologised, 'Famotri, Kapitan. (I'm sorry, captain), but you don't know who that person is. The one in goal was a thief.'

'And who's that thief?' questioned Nam-Kan.

'Gesperd. Armis Gesperd. Part of the crime family. Captured at the park by the policemen. Sent to jail for resisting arrest from law enforcement and damaging property, after he crashed into the fountain park.'

'Ah, I see,' acknowledged Nam-Kan.

The Vocaloid Army now understood why was Tsujimoto exclaiming. He recognised Gesperd from the local news on his homestate. What they don't know was the same as every player in Quebec. Probably for freedom.....................or just something else after the championship ended.
Komarov-Thomiya Ingkong Macheda
(The United Empire of Komarov-Thomiya)

'Tyn, oū eshli Komariques, jip vin qashan hakh vart, vin qashan tesh wurl, vin qashan bakti saikhu shi metada!'
We, our fellow Komariques, are the greatest there is, the greatest there was, the greatest there will ever be in history!

Debut: Baptism of Fire 63 (Win vs. Merni) [Seniors]/ Di Bradini Cup 38 (Win vs. Dunnes) [U-21]
Awards: Baptism of Fire 63 3rd Place Winner (vs. Qasden) [Seniors]/ Di Bradini Cup 38 3rd Place Winner (vs. Unified Sunrise Islands) [U-21]
Appearances in World Cup: 0

Blackmont
Civil Servant

Founded: Aug 23, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Blackmont » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:15 pm

Familia

Part One.

Two people sit by the window in an expensive looking condo in one of the richer parts of Lindon, the largest city in the Gallian Union.

One of them is James Almeda, the Bojikstani agent that seems to have more and more valuable clients every week. He’s dressed for business, with a tailor made suit and tie in Bojikstan blue. The other is Katya Komarova, the twenty six year old sister of Niko Komarov and a budding footballer for Southwest Lindon, who’s resuming her career after quitting in the past to go into agenting full time. She’s dressed more casually, in all white, her more refined sense of style showing. There’s two cups in between them, with gin for Almeda and coffee for Komarova.

“Let me get straight to the point. I’m here looking for a favor, or with a suggestion for your project. Whichever way you want to look at it works,” says Almeda. “I have someone else that I’d like you to take on. Someone that I want you to work your magic for. I’ve helped her a lot, but there’s only so much I can do, as a more traditional agent. I think that you and your work would be more beneficial.”

“You know I’m not in the business of making people famous, as much as I’d like to help you with this favor. I prefer to help people who pull their own weight and give me help in return. I’ve… Been burned in the past by freeloaders, after making the wrong people famous,” shrugs Katya, taking a sip of coffee. “Besides, I’m putting all my focus into football and this… Project.”

“And tell me the specifics of this project, again? Because I think my client is a good addition for it.”

“It’s not hard to understand. I’m taking a bunch of younger, marketable athletes, and moving them all into the same house and turning them into celebrities through the new media. Okay, maybe that’s a little more complicated than I said it would be. But I’m looking for my future beyond sports, and this thing can make all of us rich. After all, it’s never been done before. We’ve seen celebrity athletes and especially celebrity footballers, but has there ever been an entire clan of them, based in one of the entertainment hubs of the country? The Gallians love their celebs, and I’m about to create a lot of them,” Katya explains, putting her feet up on the table as she talks, and looking back at James with a very confident and self assured grin. It’s nearly a smirk, but it’s hard to tell with her.

“How are you going to become stars, when you don’t have contacts with many of the top players in Gallia?”

“We’re going to open our lives to the public and make them feel like they’re with us at the top. The lives of the rich and famous are usually closed off, especially this industry. Well, we’re going to shatter that expectation. We’re going to make millions off of this, too. Ambitious goal, I know, but the revenue from GTube and from our blogs is huge if we angle right. And by we, I mean the group that I’m in the process of assembling.”

“Like I said, I have someone that’s good for you. You’re going to have to give her some help, with life in general, but she’s going to be a very marketable name in a few years. Especially back home in Bojikstan, where she’s from.”

“Don’t give me a name yet. Tell me more about this person and I’ll see how she fits into my big plan.”

“She’s twenty. She’s a very entertaining athlete, who has a lot of plays that become highlights. I honestly believe that she has a good heart, but she didn’t have the best surroundings for the past few years and she’s been suffering. You could even say she’s unstable, emotionally, but that makes her very sympathetic if you angle it the right way. The big problem is that her head isn’t right. She… Well, she’s heard voices for a long time, and she has some other delusions sometimes. The psychiatrists say that she’s-”

“Schizophrenic. James, do you really think it’s a good idea to thrust someone with schizophrenia into the spotlight? Do you really think it’s a good idea for her to be a footballer, and a celebrity? It’s going to be hell for her-”

“The football is the only thing that heals her, it seems. She focuses so hard on it that she pushes everything else out of her head, I guess. I don’t know. I’m not a shrink, but I know that this sport has saved her. And she really needs a move away from the city that she’s in now, and while I don’t see her coming to Gallia, she would be a good addition for your little clan.”

“How is she socially?”

“What do you mean?”

“You know… Is she able to get along with other people, even if there’s voices in her head telling her otherwise? Because we’re going to have a lot of interactions with the media, or with fans, and each other, and the last thing we need is someone snapping at the wrong time and getting in the news for the wrong reasons. I think you need to keep her away from the spotlight, not in it-”

“She’s fine on that front. It’s one of the things she learned in Vorsji. You know I’m talking about Livia Resendes Andrade, right?”

“I guessed it early on. Niko told me about her. Said that they were heading to Blackmont with some of the other national team members to train. I’ve also scouted her sister, Catia, but I’m not sure if either of them is right for us. They’re wildcards, James. We need people who won’t destroy our brand by doing something unpredictable.”

“I’m just saying give her a chance, and if you do, I’ll make sure your management agency signs Kovalov.”

“Kovalov?”

“Dimitar Kovalov, who I know you want before the Di Bradini Cup. I’m flying back to Odena tomorrow to talk to his family again, and we’re very close to coming to terms. But I can swing him your way. We can help each other out like this, because honestly, I already have enough youth clients and you need some help right now with your agency. I promise you that you won’t regret this, and I rarely make definite promises of success.”

Katya takes a long pause, finishing her cup of coffee and getting up to put the mug in the sink. When she returns, she stares out of the window and has her best poker face on. “You have yourself a deal. Bring this Liv here and we’ll see how well she fits in with my people, and if it works out, we’ll announce something by the end of the week. Bring Dimitar here, too, he’s pretty high up on my list.”

“Will do. Thank you for saving me again, Kat. We should really join forces once again sometime soon. There was no better team-”

“I think we both outgrew working together, but I appreciate the sentiment. Now, make sure that your client is ready for this. She’s not getting a second chance if she fucks up as soon as she meets us, so be sure that she knows that and that she’s prepared. We might have a little… Interview, coming up for her and Dimitar.”

“I wouldn’t expect any second chances from you. And one more thing. What are you calling this group, or agency, or whatever it is?”

Katya pauses, considering it. “Familia.”
it's blackmont, not anglatia.
our swords are sharp and we repay out debts
autonomous territory of the gallian union

95X
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 30, 2004
Ex-Nation

95X AOCAF 54 MD 1 RP

Postby 95X » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:05 pm

What's a 'National Holiday?'

Believe it or not, 95X has no holidays. The unique 95X calendar, consisting of 73 5-day weeks, also contains no defined months or weekends. Leap days in leap years are considered the first day of week 74, followed by the first day of the next year.

The first day of each year is celebrated by many, however it is not official.
Belief or Fiction? (Part 2)

Xi Foureleven walked onto the playing field at Oceanside Stadium, where she was bowed before by a chanting crowd of onlookers.

Not wanting this, she ran to a man on the field with a microphone, grabbed it, and yelled "get up!" at the crowd. However, they continued bowing.

"Seriously!" her voice echoed through the public address system. "I am not a god, and I do not believe in that concept anyhow!"

The crowd finally stood up.

"Although I am glad to see this stadium has been maintained, why are all of you here?", Foureleven presses.

"Eleven," the man she took the microphone from replied to her, "the Book of Foureleven has foretold of your return, in which you destroy your enemies so only your followers remain."

"How dare you!", Foureleven rebutted. "Who wrote this book about me?"

"Why, you did!", he smiles. "It's compiled from your life."

"I did not write a book," Foureleven said sternly, while noticing someone chained to a stake. "And, who is that?", she asked.

"He has committed a violation and is to be publicly punished."

"All I did was ask a girl on a date!" the man chained to the stake yelled, before someone covered his mouth. However, Foureleven insisted that was not illegal and insisted he be let go. The crowd was astonished. The man on the field was speechless.

"I do not like being hit on, it does not mean nobody can! And you have to have relationships between two people who wish to have them so children can be born! So, who compiled the book?" she coldly asked the man.

The man hung his head low and pointed at himself.

Foureleven glared at him. "You should be ashamed of yourself."

The crowd left the stands and dissipated into Oceanside. One corner of 95X was now in friendly hands, and word that Xi Foureleven returned in dismay to what she saw caused an abrupt end to 'Fourelevenism.'
A Surprising Happy Ending

Slowly but surely, order was somewhat restored in 95X, and Oceanside was one of the first to find ways to get modern essential services running. Then one day a strange call came through to the SC Oceanside offices, suggesting that Xi Foureleven visit Port Northstar, a small settlement set up as a company town around a shipping port at the northernmost point of Cascade Island. There was something strange about this request, as it contained a codeword only those familiar with SC Oceanside's operations would know. Just to be on the safe side though, it was decided that she wouldn't go alone, and one of those in her party would be a for-hire bodyguard. (OOC: someone around the size of Mari from Project A-Ko.) As proper intercity public transit had not yet been reinstated, they got into a gray-market 'dollar van' and drove to Port Northstar.

The road was relatively clear despite the lack of routine maintenance, and nowhere on the way were they ambushed. Port Northstar was small, as a company town it housed only port workers and their families, and a small number of service/support positions. In the absence of the business, most of those left were either struggling or poor, living off of any usable undelivered goods.

When it was safe to do so, Xi cautiously exited the van and was greeted by an assault-rifle toting man that claimed to "defend" the port from looters and pirates, as well as doing their best to keep international criminals out. This man took Xi and her party down to the port itself, where a small craft had somehow traversed the high seas. One of its passengers was about six feet tall, had blond hair with premature graying, and looked to have worn somewhat thin from his time on the ocean. Despite not having access to personal care products and thus looked like a vagrant, Xi knew exactly who it was.

"Bo!" she called out as she tacklehugged and kissed her dirty husband. It didn't matter to her.

"I heard you had died." Xi said while rivers of tears streamed out her eyes.

"I heard that too," Bo said in the first words spoken to his wife in several years.
Last edited by 95X on Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nation not my RL views, etc.
Poe's Law. Nonpartisan.
Is it sad that some I learned AO4LIFE from are no longer in Atlantian Oceania?
“An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field.”—Niels Bohr
‘Everyone makes mistakes, that's why they put erasers at the end of pencils.’—Bob Monkhouse paraphrase
“If you want to read books, read books.”—Dennis James
AOCAF 22 & 47 Champions! • Volleyball World Expo 1, 2, 4, 7 & 9 Champions!

Mriin
Chargé d'Affaires

New York Times Democracy

Postby Mriin » Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:58 pm

The Handy Dandy Mrii Travel Guide
Section VI: Surviving Election Day(s)

As any true Mrii will tell you, there is nothing on the calendar that trumps the importance of the four predefined Election Days. Held as is tradition on each Solstice and Equinox, they're the hallmark events of the year across the nation. Of course, as we covered earlier in the guide, elections are held year round whenever local councils or civilian petitions call for action--one might ask, then why are Elections Days necessary? It all started long ago, when the legendary dragon Kel Mondras realized that even though each of the Mriin's three islands were prospering individually under their local councils, any emergencies on one island would take entirely too long to be resolved, and despite all flying the same flag there was barely any semblance of 'national unity'. Once a season Mondras and his entourage would make the arduous flights from Westhold to Seastone to Easthold to bring matters of national importance to every citizen's attention, and work with the local councils to tally public opinion. Thus we carry on their legacy by remembering their flights and dedicating their anniversaries to prioritizing national matters.

Now, what does this matter to you, the daring tourist? If you happen to be visiting any part of the Mriin on one of the Election Days, it's important to plan around that. The first major symptom of Election Day is that practically everything but emergency services shut down, as the vast majority of the citizenry turn out to listen and debate. Stock up on food and make sure your activities for the day are booked ahead of time! Secondly, traffic to and for blocks around the City/Town Hall or local Courthouse will be absolutely jam-packed. If you're not interested in the Election Day proceedings, make sure to give those areas a wide berth! And, if you are interested in listening in to the debates Mrii care so much about, the outskirts of gatherings tend to have tourist-friendly festival amenities. Quality street food, games to keep children happy, and many stages were various parties espouse their platforms in foreigner-friendly terms. Foreigners finding their way into the center of the Election Day crowds is generally discouraged, as those of shorter species will have a hard time navigating which can pose a serious health risk as the celebrations go on for many long hours. Additionally, the closer to the hosting building, the more heated and involved the debates get, and it's generally considered poor form for foreigners to partake. This is because they're both considered to not have a stake in the outcome, and they're not expected to have anywhere near a competent understanding of any given domestic topic. Sit back, enjoy the electric atmosphere, and you'll be fine.
Last edited by Mriin on Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:41 pm

Match Update - Euran Oceania Territories V Qasden

Entering the first matchday of AOCAF LIVe in the eastern Vilitan Cove, TQ commenced its search for true regional dominance. Being dropped in Group D with a titan, a Rushmori titan's little cousin, and a graphical mastermind of an AO debutant. Travelling to Riailia, Vilita, the Vans took on the artsy rookies of Lisander, a squad who has shown minor bursts of power in older tournaments. Despite their reborn ambitions, Coach Merritt and the Blue-Reds smashed the Shammies(?) to oblivion, winning the match, 6-1, and earning those tasty first 3 points. Burying the phoenix-like newcomers, Qasden now looks for its next opponent as they travel to the Cocoabo Forest to face their second adversary.

The Euran Oceania Territories, made up of the Whittorian Islands and a piece of what was once the Inevitable Syndicate, is entering their 3rd-ever association football tournament, having competed in 2 previous AOCAFs (L & LI). The Underdogs, lead by Coach Nick Feeney and Manager Tolgus Tregajorran, are of the lesser experienced version of its motherland, being brutally eliminated both times in previous tournaments. On matchday 1 of LIVe, Team EOT was slaughtered by the group giants, 0-3.

Comparing their veteran-yet-newish behavior to the energetic Qasden crew, there definitely are quite a few similarities and differences. Excluding their footballing relationship with the D deity, both groupmates have struggled in their first few regional tournaments, as well as have a manager-and-coach type of staff. However, unlike EOT, the Qads have competed in countless more tournaments than the Territories ever have, unless you include them with Eura. Regardless, the 2 are much closer than they appear.

Determination plays as a critical key in this game. Team Qasden, after their big success over Lisander, need this win to assure themselves a ticket to the Round of 16, an almost completely new experience for them. Team 'Tories need a W to keep them on the ropes for advancement, as another loss would easily result in their ultimate elimination before their match with Lisander. Sols himself saw this as a way for the group to divide into the powers and the powerless.

"I respect Tregajorran greatly as a former Apoxian player, but his managing skills do need great tweaks. I too have felt the heart-plunging defeat at the hands of a 3-goal deficit, but the Underdogs really do underestimate some of their competition as we have seen in Valanora and the Union. As I am confident that Undorina will posses the same strength for his team as he did against the territories, the result of the matchup this morning will determine whether or not we are a strong force in this group or if Eura is.".

Aside from the brutality of AOCAF, the citizens of Port Harston are getting ready for the 87th Annual Purrt Harston Festival, a grand showing of feline festivities to match the time with National Cat Day, the most celebrated holiday in Qasden, which will commence this Friday. For foreigners who are obsessed about these cute balls of fluff as we are, make sure to book your trip to Qasden before the sun sets on Sunday.

No matter the result of EOTvQAD, the match will be the only one at the Forest for our cats abroad. Make sure to get up early, because QADAN1 will be broadcasting the match live! Stay tuned, stay updated, and stay peppy for yet another beautiful match in AOCAF LIVe!
Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Eshan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 31, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eshan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:03 pm

Manager: Alexio del Nieran (Erathore)

Goalkeepers
#1 - GK - Aurélian Gautier - Parisia
23 years old - 6’7 - 203

Spectacular since making his debut at the age of 16, wonderkid Aurélian Gautier has confirmed himself to be the real deal. Blessed with a huge frame with a wingspan over 7ft, Aurélian seems like he would be more adept in basketball, however he dominates in goal and has successfully transitioned into a sweeper keeper, further exploiting his natural athletic gifts. Transfer listed by request, Sebio City seems interested but they currently have the starting SJGNTGK.
International Appearances: 63
Assists: 2
Awards: None

#13 - GK - Demarcus Jones - FC Matovallanen (SEM)
28 years old - 6’5 - 194
A very springy, agile keeper despite his big frame, Demarcus Jones hasn’t really had the chance to show what he’s all about in international play thanks to the brick wall that is Pietro Tomaselli. Jones’ main strengths are his jumping ability and his fantastic reflexes that allow him to make absolutely insane instinctive saves. He has a tendency to fade in and out of games as his concentration wanes, but as he’s only 22, plenty of time to develop the mental side of the game. He won two Seria-A titles before a 12m offer from FC Matovallanen was too tempting to turn down, and Jones made the oft traveled track to Semarland.
International Appearances: 38
Assists: 0
Awards: National Team: Baptism of Fire 60 (3rd). Club: Sebio City: 2x Seria-A (2017/18)

Defenders:
#2 - RB (RWB/LB/LWB) - Steven Tadeo (Rosaria United)
26 years old - 6'1 - Weight: 164

The finest Echani outside back in the, Steven Tadeo combines fantastic pace, a winger’s dribbling ability, and great defensive abilities. A poor season for Rosaria United saw them finish 4th, but one of the bright spots was Tadeo’s development into an all-around well rounded player. Excellent offensively and passable defensively, Tadeo took his defense to the next level, emerging as a lockdown defender. On the national team, Steven Tadeo really operates as a complete wingback, given the freedom to roam up the touchline or cut in as a traditional, albeit deep-lying, winger, with his exceptional passing allowing him to find his target all over the pitch. Perhaps the greatest benefit Tadeo brings to the national team is his unique connection with Marco van Ciavatinni on the right wing, cutting intricate patterns through the defense with great one-two’s and interlocking play.
International Appearances: 73
Goals Scored: 1
Assists: 10
Awards: 2x Seria-A champion (2016, 2020)

#3: CB: Darren Tran - Kyoshiku Island (OSR)
26 years old - 6’4 - 198

A hulking strongman defender, Darren Tran is one of the most athletically gifted Echani alive, boasting pace, great positioning, and obscene strength to form a brilliant defensive stalwart. While lacking much of a passing or dribbling ability, the classic hardman Tran is a lockdown defender who earned a move from Alexandria United to Kyoshiku Island in Osarius, and has been a revelation. Is the strong yang to the pacey, more elegant yin of the Luc Villaview-Tran defensive partnership at the heart of the Echani team.
International Appearances: 60
Goals Scored: 1

#12 - CB (CDM) - Eric Bambic - Llara llera (SAN)
25 years old - 6’2 - 167

Eric Bambic cuts an elegant figure on the pitch with a trim 6’2 frame and fantastic technical skills that see him delicately poke the ball away from a defender before neatly rolling the ball out away from a challenge before passing the ball to the midfield. He has plenty of pace, albeit a little slow off the block, and has a very rapidly improving sense of positioning. He loves to carry the ball out of the back, and has the passing and dribbling skills required to have success at it. Luc Villaview is nearing his end, and Eric Bambic will soon the World Cup starter without a doubt.
International Appearances: 20
Goals Scored: 0

#16 - LB (CB) - Matthias Prudenzio - Alexandria United
21 years old - 6’1 - 164

A defensively brilliant player, Matthias Prudenzio took advantage of an early season leg break to the starting Alexandria United leftback to dazzle Seria-A with his defensive technical skills. Watching Prudenzio is watching the elegance of the defensive game; his easy, loping running style and long legs allow him to neatly pick the ball from the feet of attacking players, and his slidetackling ability is second to none at 20 years of age. His passing ability and pace allow him to lope up the field and back, while his sense of positioning and defensive abilities let him fill in at centerback more than proficiently. From fringe youth player to irreplaceable starter making his national team debut in less than a season. Did brilliantly standing in during the World Cup and has been awarded the starting position for the AOCAF.
International Appearances: 9
Assists: 2

#5 - CB (LB) - Willian Luc Villaview (Rosaria United)
30 years old - 6’1 - 168
An excellent defender who is in the prime of the peak of the pinnacle of the mountain that is his abilities, Luc Villaview combines fantastic athletic ability with technical brilliance to serve as another midfielder for the Echani team when in the attack. Willian frequently steps into the space behind Samper Markovic to grab loose balls and joining the possessive attacking movement that characterizes the national team under Erathore legend, Alexio del Nieran. Willian Luc Villaview has been brilliant for both Rosaria United and the Echani national team, and is a rightful legend to his fans.
International Appearances: 127
Goals Scored: 3
Awards: National Team: Baptism of Fire 60 (3rd). Club: Rosaria United: 2x Seria-A champion (2016, 2020)

#6 - LB (LWB) - Hugo Carstensen - Samaj FC (COS)
28 years old - 6’2 - 183
Hugo Carstensen has crisp passing, good heading, good standing tackles, just an all around good player. At 6’2, he’s tall for an outside back, and with a high level of physical strength, he’s a bit of a bitch to get around. He brings another target for attacking and defending setpieces, and is a threat in his own right with a brilliant crossing ability. He isn’t a great dribbler, nor is he particularly pacey, but he makes use of a good sense of positioning to make himself available as a passing option, while always looking to whip one in with pinpoint accuracy. Had some leg injuries that lost him some time in the World Cup, and Matthias Prudenzio did excellently in his stead.
International Appearances: 52
Assists: 5

#18 - RB - Andreu Caelius -Monmarte
19 years old - 5’10 - 153
A brilliant young talent, Andreu Caelius brings unbounding energy, pace, and a well-rounded if rough overall game. Part of the second best defense in the league, Caelius exploded onto the scene with his never ending coverage of Monmarte’s right flank. Equally capable of whipping in a cross, dribbling past a defender, slide tackling the ball away, or just running up and down the byline for 90 minutes, Andreu Caelius is certainly one to watch.
International Appearances: 1

Midfielders:
#4 - RCM (CDM/CB) - Samper M.arkovic - Sebio City
27 years old - 6’1 - 169

Legend to both club and country, brilliant midfielder Samper Markovic is the anchor that holds his team’s entire structure together. With good pace and an unmatched sense of defensive positioning, Samper naturally drops from the midfield line into a CDM position during the run of play to snuff out opposing attacks before they get going, before carrying it upfield an offering an unpredictable and dynamic creative outlet from the midfield line. He has a brilliant range of passing, and several go-to dribbling moves to drop any pressure.
International Appearances: 137
Goals Scored: 7
Assists: 20
Awards: National Team: Baptism of Fire 60 (3rd). Club: Sebio City: 3x Seria-A Champion (2017/2018/2019)

#8 - CAM (CM) - Jean-Marie Bentacur - Baskita FC (PAS) VICE-CAPTAIN
28 years old - 5’10 - 156

An extremely creative, highly technical playmaking midfielder who can also put in a . A quick and electric dribbler, Jean-Marie seeks to drive forward in attack and to make use of his dribbling, silky smooth touch, an eye for the killer pass, and a fantastic long shot. A key component for both club and national team, Jean-Marie Bentacur keeps the offensive game clicking, while also dropping back next to next to the holding midfielder in defense to help regain possession. Bentacur has really evolved into a complete midfielder, capable of defending, supporting possession, and leading the charge himself, without a doubt one of the best Echani midfielders in history. He has continued his magnificent form abroad for Baskita FC.
Goals Scored: 20
Assists: 62
Awards: National Team: Baptism of Fire 60 (3rd), Cup of Harmony 67 World XI, 1x Seria-A champion (2016)

#23 CM (CAM/CDM) -Artemis Montanari - Hastmead Diamante (OSR)
21 years old - 6’3 - 168lbs

Very quickly emerging as one of the best Echani midfielders in the game, Artemis Montanari is an incredibly cerebral player with world class vision and a passing ability to match. What makes him such a brilliant young midfielder is how complete he is in all aspects of play. He’s a great dribbler, blending touches, moves, trickery and flair you'd expect from a winger, but he’s also a world class defender who puts in accurate tackles and boasts an extremely athletic 6'3 frame. Montanari’s versatility allows him to play anywhere in the midfield, and with his impressive pace, he could realistically play anywhere on the field with some level of expertise. At his best as a roaming midfielder free to do as he pleases; Artemins Montanari at once controls the game with his passing, opens up avenues of attack with his dribbling, and plays as a lockdown defensive midfielder. He stars for the 13th best club in the world, and has taken over the starting spot on the national team from Xavi Arisilde.
International Appearances: 51
Goals Scored: 6
Assists: 20

#11 - CDM (CM) - Xavi Arisilde - Loconstead United (ETHANE)
28 years old - 6’0 - 166
A complete, consistent, hardworking and versatile midfielder, Xavi Arisilde and is capable of playing both center midfielder and defensive midfielder. Arisilde has good technique, solid vision, and fantastic passing range, and primarily plays as a deep-lying playmaker, but he is also capable of playing as a defensive midfielder due to his strength and powerful build, combined with his rabid tenacity, football intelligence, aggressive tackling style and his mind that has been made to read the game. Occasionally guilty of committing hard challenges, and for his tendency to blow his top and rack up cards for particularly hard fouls. A move to a more low profile league in Ethane is his attempt to shine as brightly as possible to try and win back his national team starting birth.
International Appearances: 66
Goals Scored: 4
Assists: 16

#21 - CAM (ST) - Adnan Cynac - Holdenberg (Eura)
25 years old - 5’10 - 154
Cynac has long been known for his aggressive dribbling and playmaking ability, but he transformed into a lethal goal scorer that earned him a move to Euran side Holdenberg. A strong showing in Eura with seven goals and seven assists has seen him shoot up the National Team hierarchy.
International Appearances: 10
Goals Scored: 2
Assists: 4

#14 - CM (CAM/ST) Jean-Pol Roland - FC Rosaria
17 - 5'11 - 158
Okay, wow. Who is this kid and where has he come from? 17 years old, a horrific injury to starting midfielder Kirby Augustin in the first game of the season saw Jean-Pol Roland thrown into the fray. He had already made his debut for the senior team, making three appearances and scoring a goal and an assist as a 16 year old last season, and had certainly shown he had the skill. But this year……wow. 35 games, 13 goals, and 10 assists. Those numbers are surprising for two reasons. One……wtf. That's just an absurd line no matter how you look at it. True, FC Rosaria played a very attack minded and heavy metal pressing game which saw them score the most goals in the league and reach 5th, but still. Nice. Second, the finishing is surprising because it really isn't the strongest aspect of his game. Watching him play, it's clear that his passing, first touch, and free-kick/penalty taking abilities are his best traits, while his finishing is certainly very impressive. It seems his best game is his mental play; his vision, ability to work as a team mate, concentration and decision making are simply superb for his age. He's quick but not a particularly amazing athlete, but his agility on the ball is jaw dropping. Seems to desire a transfer after his stellar breakout season.
International Appearances: 0
Awards:

#19 - CM (CDM) - Brutus Aurelianus - Alexandria United
22 - 6'5 - 188
Former U-21 National Team captain, the hulking and quite aptly named Brutus Aurelianus has finally returned to the national team set up off a brilliant campaign where he played out of his damn mind for Alexandria United, powering them to their first Seria-A championship. He's the most perfect box-to-box midfielder uses his brilliant athleticism as his foundation, with his technical skills coming after that. He has a smooth touch and a good passing and long-distance shooting, but he lacks flair and has the tendency to pick up c a r d s .
International Appearances: 3
Awards: 1x Seria-A Champion (2020)

Attackers:
#10 - RW (ST/LW/CAM) - Marco van Ciavatinni - Myrmidon (Ceni) THIRD-CAPTAIN
25 years old - 5’9 - 147lbs

Far and away the best player in Eshan’s history, Marco van Ciavatinni was always tipped as a once in a generation player from a young age and he’s certainly fulfilled that billing. Turning out for the national team since he was 17, Marco van Ciavatinni helped lead Eshan to a 3rd place finish in the Baptism of Fire and has done a 3peat for Sebio City in the Echani Seria-A. MvC is simply sublime with the ball at his feet, and might actually move faster when he’s dribbling. A beautifully simple player, Marco is a master of feints, stop and starts, simple moves to send his opponent one way while he goes the other. A brilliant attacking threat, van Ciavatinni is at once his team’s first goal scoring threat, chief playmaker, and conductor of attacking movements. He completed a move to Myrmidon from Sebio City that has reportedly left him broken hearted.
Goals Scored: 70
Assists: 62
Awards: National Team: Baptism of Fire 60 (3rd). Club: Sebio City: 3x Seria-A (2017/2018/2019)

#9: ST: Anthony Baudelio - Phalanx FC (Ceni)
23 years old - 6'2 - 172lbs

Coming in at 6’2, 172lbs, Anthony Baudelio is nothing else if an impressive physical specimen with the size and strength to bully defensive lines, but also wielding absolutely blistering pace, and the combination of the two allow him to influence the game based on his physical gifts alone. Add a lethality in front of goal that has never been seen before in Eshan, and you have a true world class talent. 103 goals in 140 appearances for Alexandria United, goals abound for Phalanx FC, and goals and goals for the national team. He'll reach 100 caps this AOCAF coming off a WOl. Absurd!
International Appearances: 97
Goals Scored: 60
Assists: 8

#7 - LW/RW - Marshawn Mercury - Cornellians (SCHO)
25 years old - 6’3 - 164

One of the most entertaining Echani players, Marshawn Mercury has finally made the jump to a top level player. Mercury combines world class speed, with a fantastic and flamboyant dribbling ability. Add in natural flair and a tendency for the spectacular, and you have a truly jaw dropping player who constantly amazes and bamboozles with his creative play. He’s improved on his support play and has certainly added goalscoring to his tally. Won a threepeat for his boyhood club Sebio City before Cornellians in Schottia came knocking with a 9m check. A sensation for the 27th best club in the world and he crossed over 100 caps this past World Cup.
International Appearances: 101
Goals Scored: 17
Assists: 28
Awards: National Team: Baptism of Fire 60 (3rd). Club: Sebio City: 3x Seria-A champion (2017/2018/2019)

#17 - LW (RW/ST) - Magnum Cerelius - Sebio City
20 years old - 6’2 - 173
An exceptional player even at a young age, and one of the keys to the future along with Rafa DiSantos and Artemis Montanari, Magnum Cerelius hails from the island state of Gracemeria, and has been the star of the club since joining at the age of 4. A fantastic physical prospect, blistering pace and acceleration and a developing level of strength, Magnum Cerelius stands at 6’2 and is physically developing at an impressive rate. Absolutely incredible ball control skills and a penchant for flair-filled dribbling, Magnum loves nothing more than embarrassing and nutmegging defenders, and has also displayed a strong finishing ability. A great record for Gracemeria earned him a high profile move to Sebio City where he is expected to be groomed into MvC’s replacement, despite only being 4 years his junior.
International Appearances: 31
Goals Scored: 10
Assists: 5

#15: ST (LW) - Robby Stanford (Sebio City)
25 years old - 6’3 - 154
Tall and lanky, Robby Stanford came out of absolutely nowhere to score 21 goals in his professional debut season for Philosos, and hit 17 and 23 in his next two seasons with the team. He transferred over to Sebio City and was essential in securing a third Seria-A title in a row, although only able to score 14 goals (which isn’t a problem when you have the sheer brilliance of Marco van Ciavatinni to your right). Incredibly intelligent on and off the ball, Stanford always seems to pick the right option. Laying it out wide to a winger, smacking it back to the defense to retain possession, taking a shot, making a run, all of it is perfectly timed. He’s got blistering pace about him, and a great finishing ability. He’s physically weak and poor in the air, so he’s not winning any balls in the air, but his real strength lies with the ball at his feet. Transfer listed by Sebio City.
International Appearances: 25
Goals Scored: 8
Assists: 1
Awards: 1x Seria-A champion (2019)

#20 - ST - Dinko Spisic - FC Rosaria
21 - 5'10 - 152lbs
For several seasons now Dinko Spisic has been the unearthed gem of Echani football. 34 goals in 48 before he went OFF this past season with the high scoring FC Rosaria, scoring 27 in 35 to take his total for FC Rosaria to 61 in 83, which is really something when you think about it. Great pace and fantastic shooting is paired with solid dribbling and flair to let him slice his way through defenses to devastating effect. He places his shots nicely, and has a lot of aggression which makes for some very amusing viewing. Interested in a move abroad.

#22 - RW - Marcelo Ramos - Alexandria United
23 - 5'9 - 147
A great season for Marcelo Ramos as he tore up the right wing for Alexandria United, providing an astounding 27 assists for Diego Alessandro, league Most Outstanding Player Laernornnin Bireth, and Jean-Pol Roland and the rest of his teammates as Alexandria stormed to their first league title. He has sensational dribbling and good passing and crossing, as well as being quick as shit which all makes him a great teammate. He has an alright finishing ability, scoring 6 goals last season but considering his natural talents he should be finishing more but getting thrown on the national team gives him the confidence to start banging those goals in.
Awards: 1x Seria-A Champion (2020)

------------------AURÉLIAN------------------

-----TADEO-----TRAN-----BAMBIC------PRUDENZIO

------MONTANARI-------SAMPER M.------

--------BENTACUR---------

-----VAN CIAVATINNI-----BAUDELIO-----MERCURY-----

Playstyle: The Echani team plays a high-energy attacking game, moving the ball around quickly with primarily short passes, searching for a weakness in the opposition's defensive play. When a weakness is identified, the team surges forward in attack, with quick interlocking play to bring to ball to the goal. Creative freedom is given to the strikers, wingers, and the advanced playmaking midfielder, as well as the directive to roam from their position in an attempt to find pockets of space where they may be more effective. The team closes down quickly, aiming to win back possession in five seconds or less. Failing that, the team drops deep into defensive positioning to shore up any vulnerabilities. Echani defenders stay on their feet rather than trying desperate slide tackles. They love a good physical jostle with an opponent, and all Echani players are expected to contribute to both attack and defense. When in attack, the defensive line pushes higher up to pitch to condense play.

Most Likely to: (in order 1-3)
Score: Marco van Ciavatinni, Anthony Baudelio, Antonio Mulcair
Assist: Marco van Ciavatinni, Jean-Marie Bentacur, Xavi Arisilde
Foul: Any defender, Xavi Arisilde

Kit: Home

Away: Away

Goalkeeper: Keeper

Modifier: +4

My opponent, if they RP first, may do the following:
Choose my goalscorers: Yes
Godmod scoring events: No
RP injuries to my players: Ask me first
Godmod injuries to my players: No
Hand out yellow cards to my players: Yes
Hand out red cards to my players: Ask me first
Godmod other events: No
Last edited by Eshan on Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
How far away are the stars?
International Geese Brigade - Celebrating 0 Radiation and 3rd Place!
Runners Up: AOCAF LIV
3rd Place: Baptism of Fire 60
Quarterfinal: AOCAF 50, AOCAF 53
Round of 16: DBC 37, CoH 67
Hosted: Cup of Harmony #BIGGUNSBIGGOALS

Qasden
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 09, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Qasden » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:36 am

Sporting Achievements
World Cup Ranking: 49th; KPB: 15.66; Style: 0
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Rossaline
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 12, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rossaline » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:00 am

The Ross FC

Nicknames: The Desert Flowers, The Dans
Style: -2
Manager: Dr. Dan Colemander, 55 (QAD)

GK- Ruediger Maris, 23
GK- Kay Pierson, 27

RB- Gary Cochran, 28
RB- Kieran Hall, 30

LB- Kelly Buckingham, 26
LB- Liam Fitzmarten, 25 (QAD)

CB- Hadrian Kochen, 30
CB- Heidi Riether, 24

DM- Sigrid Stokes, 33
DM- Kelsey Whyte, 22

CM- Sharon Tarragon, 29
CM- Zoe Lovelock, 20
CM- Rafael Kissinger, 28 (ILO)

AM- Nikita Walther, 28 (C)
AM- Franziska Walker, 19

LF- Bastian Sharpe, 34
LF- Lalia Vasilou, 32

RF- Catheline Cresswell, 22
RF- Rachael Dailly, 27

CF- Gustav Allardyce, 46
CF- Ethan Dailly, 31

RP Permissions- No killing or severely injuring my players. anything else goes, really.
The Qasdonian Research Colony of Fair Lady Rossaline True Republic of Rossaline, somewhere in Atlantian Oceania.

Vilita and Turori
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Vilita and Turori » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:18 am

The coaches will select the squad from the National Player pool. The latest known members of the National Player Pool are listed below, grouped by position and sorted by projection 'Depth Chart' position where the top player listed is most likely to be named the first player selected for that position, and so on. Depth chart positions are determined by performance in pre-cup training sessions, as well as performance and average ratings in the Vilitan League competition and previous appearances for the National Team.

HEAD COACH: Nili Ylimaiina
Was regarded as the 'next great thing' in a long line of Vilitan forwards when he made his debut for Kiiarana City, Ylimaiina would ultimately live up to the billing at the International Level more than just at the domestic level. Playing for Arcticala Inlet, Eastal Lunar, Strike and Colonial Sile; Ylimaiina won 2 Stellar Division titles and scored just over 100 goals. Ylimaiina was born in Vilita but also contains Starblaydi blood on his Mother's side. The striker had great success for the National Team, serving as the primary forward during Vilita & Turori's AOCAF 42 Championship Winning side. Ylimaiina would become a regular in the Jungle Cats roster and was in the starting lineup for the World Cup 68 final, won by Vilita. After finishing out his competitive playing career at Colonial Sile but not wanting to hang up the boots completely, Ylimaiina returned to the capital region and became Player/Manager of Tivali City as well as taking the call to lead the Vilita & Turori Eel-Cat Things in AOCAF 54.

GOALKEEPERS:
Mako Canopii [ - Yeaddin Owls AFC - ]
GK ( AGE: 20 CAPS: 9 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Canopii broke through during World Cup 77 and quickly became known as the 'Shutout King' helping lift the Jungle Cats to the World Cup 77 title.

Wiyauw An'maude [ - Cedniavella - ]
GK ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
An'maude led Cedniavella to the 64th UICA Series 'B' Champions Cup title and then subsequently backstopped the 'Vellas to a runner-up finish in the Declasse during Season 54 and subsequent promotion to the Stellar Division.

Zeke Ganaku [ - Cednia Beach AFC - ]
GK ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Won the Double with Cednia Beach AFC, backstopping both the Stellar Division and Vilitan Cup championship team

DEFENDERS:
Linkat Cjinder [ - Mliona-Lpaka - ]
D RC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 34 :: GOALS:4 ) :: [ N/R ]
A product of the Turoki Isle academy system, Cjinder was snapped up by Turorian giants Mliona-Lpaka for a professional contract and made his debut during V-League Season 48

Mikki Mayelli [ - Yeaddin Owls AFC - ]
D C ( AGE: 24 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Mayelli was a trainee at FC Almintora before making a switch to Eastal Lunar spending 4 Seasons. Landed a high profile transfer to the Yeaddin Owls during Season 53.

Mileke Drokasorna [ - Colonial Sile - ]
D RC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 11 :: GOALS:1 ) :: [ N/R ]
After a strong debut season after graduating from Marine Coast's Crosaibi Academy, Drokasorna earned a move to the Stellar Division after transferring to Colonial Sile.

Lulu Pumaziiri [ - Makosile - ]
D RC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Pumaziiri was originally signed by Colonial Sile but after a season away from home, returned to Turori to join up with Cednia Beach and was a critical member of their Season 48 campaign that nearly saw the Coconuts return to the top 3, sliding to 5th on the final day of the season. Runner Up in UICA Champions Cup with Cednia Beach AFC. After 5+ Seasons with Cednia Beach AFC Pumaziiri made a high profile switch to Makosile United.

Rintala Sekagaya [ - Alikki-Corra - ]
D RC ( AGE: 23 CAPS: 9 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Born in Makosile, Sekagaya moved to Alikki-Corra to join the Alikki-Corra Academy and ultimately graduated to the Main Squad.

Jirak Trikala [ - Tropicorp FC - ]
D C ( AGE: 17 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Although born in Vilita, Trikala moved to Tropicoast at a young age and could always be found on the footsport pitch. Trained briefly at the Obaiobao Academy on Turoki Isle before returning to Tropicorp and joining Tropicorp FC. Scored 3 goals in Tropicorp's Season 54 Tropicorp Cup Championship campaign.

Yitizo Mpala'a [ - Lonngeylin Coast - ]
D C ( AGE: 25 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS:0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Trained at the Makosile Academy, Mpala'a spent one season at Eastal Lunar before joining newly promoted Lonngeylin Coast for V-League Season 49.

MIDFIELDERS:
Polaox Torerun [ - Turoki Tide - ]
M LC ( AGE: 23 CAPS: 29 :: GOALS::SR: 9 ) :: [ N/R ]
Started Career at Venom Youth Academy, Joined Tropicorp FC and earned promotion to Vilitan Declasse. Transferred to Turoki Tide AFC and won Stellar Division Title during Season 49 and Season 52

Va'a-Rio Kiwavn [ - Cednia Beach AFC - ]
M C ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 22 :: GOALS::SR: 2 ) :: [ N/R ]
Trained at Marine Coast United's Crosaibi Academy, Kiwavyn eventually followed in the footsteps of training partner Jurzen Devmiko in transferring up to the top flight and joined Cednia Beach AFC, helping the Turorian Giants to the Season 51 Vilitan Stellar Division and Vilitan Cup championship double.

Timi'sala Koarena [ - Raynor City United (VAL) - ]
M LC ( AGE: 27 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]
Unlike most Vilita & Turori players, Timi'sala Koarena has spent a decent chunk of their professional career playing outside the Vilitan League, enjoying many successes in Valanora playing for Raynor City United

Cywrenta Vlintejni [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
M LC ( AGE: 19 CAPS: 9 :: GOALS::SR: 1 ) :: [ N/R ]
After being trained in the Crosaibi Academy and playing a first professional season at Marine Coast United, Vlintejni made a switch to Eastal Lunar for V-League Season 54.

Kentu Umaka'a [ - Eastal Lunar - ]
M RC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 0 :: GOALS::SR: 0 ) :: [ N/R ]
Was brought up through the Rammsissil prospect development system and spent 2 and a half seasons at the big club before transferring to Makosile United. Spent 4 seasons with the Makos but after missing out on UICA competition again during Season, jumped ship and joined Eastal Lunar FC

Etamara Kulkkiia [ - AC Izotz Zubia (AUD) - ]
AM C ( AGE: 34 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]
Kulkkiia was developed at the Cednia Beach Academy having been highly scouted and recruited by teams throughout Turori and even Vilita. After the Turori Eels failure to qualify for World Cup 64, Kulkkiia became the subject of media attention questioning whether the aging crop of players should make way for younger players like Kulkkiia in the Esportiva-hosted Cup of Harmony for World Cup 64. Kulkkiia added his name to the long line of major transfers involving Cednia Beach after being transferred to SC Montfort in the Licentian Isles prior to Season 42

Jurzen Devmiko [ - Cednia Beach AFC - ]
DM C ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 20 :: GOALS::SR: 3 ) :: [ N/R ]
Trained at Marine Coast United's Crosaibi Academy, Devmiko impressed in his first season and earned a switch to Stellar Division side Colonial Sile. Spent 5 seasons at Colonial Sile before earning a switch to Cednia Beach AFC becoming Colonial Sile's largest transfer.

Daliora Toru'u [ - Yeaddin Owls - ]

Toru'u made a debut for the Yeaddin Owls at the age of 17 and cracked into the first team immediately with 4 goals and 4 assists in their debut Season 54 campaign.

Jyuola Mtalata [ - Arcticala Inlet - ]
M RLC ( AGE: 24 CAPS: 15 :: GOALS::SR: 5 ) :: [ N/R ]
Spent 6+ Seasons at Eastal Lunar before switching to Arcticala Inlet for Season 54.

Mbdiai Akarenaa [ - Exton F.C (Apox) - ]
M LC ( AGE: 22 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]
Akarenaa started out at the Eelandii Academy before signing a professional contract with Cednia Beach AFC during V-League 47 before leaving the Vilitan League and moving to Exton FC in Apox.

FORWARDS:
Meldi'ita Mungwaii [ - Jungle Strike FC - ]
F C ( AGE: 24 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]
After getting their first shot in the lower leagues at Turorian side Inura Forests, Mungwaii got the call to the big time become Inura Forests all-time highest transfer when switching to Eastal Lunar during Season 46. Mungwaii barely played a full season in Seraii, however, as the Turori National Team strikers potentially was quickly noticed and Jungle Strike FC came calling making Mungwaii the highest transfer in Eastal Lunar history as well.

Fishtii Blikala [ - Makosile - ]
F C ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 19 :: GOALS::SR: 6 ) :: [ N/R ]
After being trained and promoted to the Main Squad at Marine Coast United, Blikala put in 4 seasons and netted 36 goals before the allure of the Stellar Division called, switching to Makosile United during Season 53 and scoring 11 goals in their debut season

Tenziki Kulakao [ - Yeaddin Owls - ]
F C ( AGE: 21 CAPS: 18 :: GOALS::SR: 3 ) :: [ N/R ]
Kulakao was promoted from Owls Castle Academy as a symbol of the future of footsport in Yeaddin, quickly becoming a fan favorite at the Lirai Asku Castle and being named Yeaddin Owls Player of the Season during V-League Season 50 and repeating the feat multiple times from then.

Sipke Tarala [ - Lonngeylin Coast - ]
F C ( AGE: 24 CAPS: 30 :: GOALS::SR: 12 ) :: [ N/R ]
A trainee at Makosile, Tarala was smartly snapped up by scouts at Lonngeylin Coast shortly after turning pro. The Striker has led the Stellar Division on multiple occasions and became a top choice striker for the Vilitan National Team including their World Cup 77 Championship side

Linvoi Warazil [ - Jungle Strike FC - ]
F C ( AGE: 22 CAPS: 14 :: GOALS::SR: 1 ) :: [ N/R ]
Warazil was spotted playing at the age of 16 for local side Alona Sissil after having averaged over a goal per game for the team. Was snapped up by Strike FC and quickly became attacking partner to Meldi'ita Mungwaii, eventually being named Vilitan Player of the Season.

Wiztsana Iretziia [ - - ]
F C ( AGE: 21 CAPS: :: GOALS::SR: ) :: [ N/R ]

I Give My Opponent Permission To:		
====================
Choose Scorers: Y
GodMod Goalscoring Events: Y

Injure Players: Y (Limited to Duration of Competition)
GodMod Injury Events Y (Limited to Duration of Competition)

Red Card Players: Y (TG After RP is Posted to Inform)
GodMod Other Events: Y
===================
Last edited by Vilita and Turori on Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NS Sports