NATION

PASSWORD

World Hit Festival 34 - Vodiznad, Izmedu | IC Thread

Where nations come together and discuss matters of varying degrees of importance. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Izmedu
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 09, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:00 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Hesskin Empire! Good evening. It's great to see you here with us tonight. I know, RTI knows, and all of us Izmeduans know we've been waiting for you appear around these parts for a while. Can we know who got your 5 points?

Hesskin spokesperson: Dobra vecer back to you, Izmedu. I think you'll be happy to know who we gave our first ever 5 points to. They go to...

IZMEDU

Gabrijel: Hvala vam puno! Incredible, thanks for the 5 points, Hesskin Empire! Alright, woo that excitement! Up next is Mercedini.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:10 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Mercedini! And good evening, Miles Castrada! You're not the first Miles to come around here, but looking very nice tonight. So, who did Mercedini give 5 points too?

Miles Castrada: Good evening Izmedu and good evening to all of the nations watching along in this night of music and festivity. We have visited for what seems like the 200th time but you never fail to put on an awesome show, so thank you for that. Onto business, the Mercedinian jury and public have cast their votes and here are the points we will be giving out!

Miles Castrada: Our 5 points went to...

BOJIKSTAN

Garijel: Thank you for the votes, Miles! Alright, up next is a nation we all know, and that is us, the hosts.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 pm

Gabrijel: Well... Dobra vecer Izmedu!!! And well, good evening Gabrijel! Not just any Gabrijel, Gabrijel Celina! Last time you were in a World Hit Festival, you were in Mousiki just a few editions ago. Of course, we want to know, who did the Izmeduans vote for? Who got our 5 points?

Gabrijel Celina: Dobra vecer Vodiznad from Vodiznad! I'd be in Mousiki, but hey, they got me the gig here first. Alright, I know you crowd want to know who got our 5 points. Well, for a start, the 5 points from Izmedu goes to a singer who I know very well, who I admire, and participated for us a while back. I'm so glad she's here back home and she's better than ever. The 5 points go to

BRITONISEA

Gabrijel: Our homegirl gets the points from us!!! Well done Etela, and thank you fellow Gabrijel for revealing the Izmeduan 5. Alright, we're halfway done with the phase II votes but we are nowhere near done. Up next is Todaskakys.
Last edited by Izmedu on Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:30 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Todaskakys! Good evening Deepsea. Quite the background you're in, aren't you? Never seen anything like it.

Deepsea: Azanyysha and dobra vecer Vodiznad! Thank you for the excellent show so far, and here are the Daskoxyani votes, straight from the DKXN Ezara-Daily Apocalypse Forecast, in orbit over Izmedu as we speak!

Gabrijel: Also quite the name haha! Ok, before we all begin to panic, who did Todaskakys give their 5 points to?

Deepsea: And now our 5 points go to, ah...

POLKOPIA

Deepsea: We from Daskoxyan wish you all well, and thank you once more!

Gabrijel: Thank you Todaskakys for the votes! Alright, we got Kalosia in store for you next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:40 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Kalosia! Good evening to you, Krista. Can we have the Kalosian 5?

Krista: Bonëserë Izmežu, good evening everyone! We've had some amazing songs this time around, and I think viewers at home may have a hard time deciding who to vote for, but still, we have a result!

Krista: Šinku punti, the Kalosian 5 points go to... the hosts!

IZMEDU

Krista: Congratulations and good luck everyone!

Gabrijel: Whoa! Hvala vam puno, Kalosia! And thank you very much to Krista for revealing the Kalosian vote. Alright, we have Britonisea up next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:50 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Britonisea! Good evening Adonis and... my oh my... You know, it's always easy to upstage an Izmeduan host but... Ok, whoa, got sidetracked there.

Adonis Amédée: Hello, World Hit Festival! This is Ghiez calling and I, Adonis Amédée am happy to present the votes for the World Hit Festival 34. After much speculation, I can finally reveal that I, alongside Rigas Jengiz, will be representing Britonisea in World Hit Festival 35! I am so excited, and the song we have for you all will be amazing.

Gabrijel: I'm expecting very good things now! Alright Adonis, you got me swooned, and like with Miles from Estogium, I would love to chat, but we gotta keep the show moving. So, who got Britonisea's 5?

Adonis Amédée: Niet poçe pointas, our five points fly to...

TOGONISTAN

Adonis Amédée: Congratulations and good night! I will see you on the other side next edition!

Gabrijel: Have a very good night, Adonis! And thank you for the votes! Up next is Darkmania

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:00 pm

Gabrijel: Up next to vote is Darkmania! Of course, who presents the votes better than the official "spokesperson" of the World Hit Festival, Karölina Füks. First, dobra vecer Darkmania! Oh I hope I get this right... Görda Näckten, Därkmanijë, phew! May we have your 5 points please?

Karölina Füks: Hello! Hello! Hello! This is Örkendrem calling. Its been a fantastic show here. Its so fantastic I`ll only have to say, "Maja mačka je čulaimia mi kaktus i vozi mi auto!" (translation: "My cat stole my cactus and is driving my car")

Gabrijel: Karölina... I'm not sure that's an actual idiom in Izmeduan but we'll take it! Nice job on the pronunciation.

Karölina Füks: This time we are at the fantastic …(*Looks at a sheet of paper*) Bloody hell! (*Looks at the camera*) In Vodiznad. Darkmania has voted as hell and we will give our points. And our fiver (as in 5-points) goes to the nation off…..

TOGONISTAN

Karölina Füks: That concludes the darkmanian votes. La baca je jeli el chis da leža na-el plui (translation: "The cow ate the cheese that lied on the beach”)

Gabrijel: Thank you Karölina for revealing the Darkmanian 5! Though I'm still not sure that's also an Izmeduan idiom but hey, you made some of the crowd burst into pure laughter. Alright, not long left before we know the winner! We have Gim next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:00 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Gim! Gim? Another lost signal. Well, not to worry. I got their vote just now, and I can reveal to you that Gim gave its 5 points to...

MERCEDINI

Gabrijel: Another change in the lead! But it's not over just yet. 5 more votes remain until we know the winner. Alright, up next is Togonistan.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:15 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Togonistan! Good evening Alysson. Who got Togonistan's 5?

Alysson Lumela: Hi Vodiznad, this is Tushlark calling. Thanks for the lovely show, I have been enjoying it so far. But enough about that, I know you want me to tell you the Togonistani points, so here they are. The 5 points went to...

BRITONISEA

Gabrijel: And another switch in the lead! 4 nations left, and the next one is the Balkvla Islands.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:30 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Balkvla Islands! Good evening Jamila, looking as good as ever! So, who did Balkvla Islands like the most?

Jamila: Hello, Hola, this is the Balkvla Islands calling, here to reveal the votes. We gave our 5 points to...

DARKMANIA

Jamila: Thank you, Huratiatu, for a wonderful show, buenoi note, good night.

Gabrijel: Thank you for the votes, Jamila! Alright, we have Normandy and Picardy's vote up in store for you next.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:45 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Normandy and Picardy! Good evening Grand Mariner, can we have the Normand 5 points?

Grand Mariner: Bonjour WHF! Yes, this is Caen calling (for our money back, we were meant to win last contest) and we have a proper set of votes! Exciting, I know! Anyway, thank you for a wonderful evening, nearly as good as we did if not about equal! I joke, I joke, but now onto the serious businesa, the votes. Our 5 points went to...

TODLICHEBUJOKU

Gabrijel: Thank you Normandy and Picardy! And sorry, we don't have money for you, but we still thank you for the points. Alright, Todlichebujoku just got 5 points, and now we'll know soon who they gave 5 points to.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:00 pm

Gabrijel: Dobra vecer Todlichebujoku! Good evening Godric. And well, we are certainly continuing the trend of hot guys as spokespersons tonight, are we? Not looking bad.

Godric Apted: Hyváá iltaa, gōd æfnung, dobra vecer Vodiznad! A really stunning, and mind-blowing, night you have made for us here! Maybe we should make World Hit Festival permanently in Vodiznad! Ha ha, just joking.

Gabrijel: Godric I think you may have just given the financial department of RTI a heart attack right there! But thank you regardless haha. Alright, so who got the 5 points?

Godric Apted: Our 5 points go to...

DARKMANIA

Godric Apted: Thank you and good luck to everyone!

Gabrijel: Incredible! Thank you Todlichebujoku for your votes! Alright, one more vote left, and it is close. We have Polkopia's vote up next for you.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 1:30 pm

Gabrijel: Alright, we're down to the final vote... Dobra vecer Polkopia!... Polkopia? Lost signal at the final vote... Well, not to worry. I got the vote right here.

Gabrijel: So... The nation who got the Polkopian 5 is...

MERCEDINI

Gabrijel: That's the end of Phase II!

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:12 pm

At the reveal of the Polkopian Phase II vote, it was no secret anymore. The crowd cheered to such an immense magnitude that it almost felt like that the La Cianta was about quiver and fall. The camera focused on the crowd as Duje and Gabrijel began to reunite on stage when Gabrijel called out the Polkopian vote. Gabrijel and Duje could only stare in utter amazement.

Duje: By a margin of 2 points! Settle down! Alright, by a margin of 2 points, the winner of the 34th World Hit Festival is...

MERCEDINI

Duje and Gabrijel shouted Mercedini's name together as the camera went for a wide view of the stage. As Mercedini's name was flashed onto the screens behind the hosts, the entire arena was bathed in the glow of the Mercedinian national colors. As the leitmotif of the 34th World Hit Festival began to play through the arena, confetti draped with the colors of black and blue also began to fall on the stage. This was it, this was the winning moment that Mercedini was looking for. After the Mercedinian-born Rachel Nollov won last edition for Cosneolta, it was Daniel Alishkaerni that would bring home the World Hit Festival trophy to Mercedini for the first time.

The camera cut to Daniel Alishkaerni being congratulated by his delegation and him walking up to the stage as the crowd cheered for his moment. As he sauntered onto the stage, Rachel Nollov was right there holding the World Hit Festival 34 trophy. From fellow Mercedinian to fellow Mercedinian, she handed Daniel the trophy and they hugged each other in the moment. After that moment, Duje was right there with a microphone.

Duje: Congratulations Daniel! I know you just won but we just want to know, how do you feel right now?

Daniel Alishkaerni: Wow, what do I say?! If at first you don't succeed; try, try and try again. Thanks you everyone who voted and supported me through this whirlwind of a journey and I am so so happy to do my nation proud tonight, being the first Mercedinian champion is a true honour. I'd like to thank the RTI for putting on a fantastic show for everyone and to the other amazing artists for their contributions to a spectacular show, you have all done your nations proud regardless of the result. This is a win for those who have been knocked down many time but still have the fire inside them to get back up and carry on, keep fighting and sooner or later you can get your reward. Hvala Izmedu, Grazij Mercedini and thank you multiverse for crowning me as your champion!

Daniel blew a kiss to the camera after his speech, and the crowd once again were in a rapturous state of applause.

Gabrijel: Incredible words, Daniel!

Gabrijel: As Daniel prepares for his winner's reprise, we'd just like to say a few things before we sign off.

Duje: First, it's been an honor hosting the World Hit Festival again. I know we've had the contest in Izmedu four times now, and just three alone in this city!

Gabrijel: But we know how much of a responsibility and honor this is, especially with the host nation also having the overseer helm.

Duje: So, without further ado.

Gabrijel & Duje: Thank you all for a fantastic show.

Gabrijel: This is Gabrijel Vincek

Duje: And I am Duje Feretic.

Gabrijel & Duje: Signing off. Good night, world!!!

As the two men gave a salute and walked off the stage for the final time, the camera then cut to a wide view of the stage going dark, all in time for Mercedini's winner's reprise.

1. Mercedini 32
2. Britonisea 30
3. Darkmania 27
4. Polkopia 26
5. Gim 22 (9 nations voted for)
6. Goluta 22 (6 nations voted for)
7. Bojikstan 20 (6 nations voted for, 5x2, 4x1, 3x1, 2x1, 1x1, earlier draft thread edit)
8. Izmedu 20 (6 nations voted for, 5x2, 4x1, 3x1, 2x1, 1x1, later draft thread edit)
9. Todaskakys 17
10. Kalosia 14 (5 nations voted for)
11. Togonistan 14 (4 nations voted for)
12. Hesskin Empire 13
13. Todlichebujoku 10 (4 nations voted for, 5x1)
14. Estogium 10 (4 nations voted for)
15. Normandy and Picardy 8
16. Manaime 4 (3 nations voted for)
17. Norjihan 4 (2 nations voted for, 3x1)
18. Cosneolta 4 (2 nations voted for)
19. Fromulya 2
20. Balkvla Islands 1
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Aug 26, 2017 4:18 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Izmedu
Ambassador

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Izmedu » Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:50 pm

WINNER'S REPRISE

Daniel Alishkaerni returns to the World Hit Festival for the second time hoping to bring home Mercedini's first song contest trophy ever. He returns after he placed fifth in his last appearance with the song 'The Way You Make Me Feel'. This time, he brings a new flavour to the contest with an epic indie rock song titled 'Don't Tempt Me'. Mercedini has had a recent dip in form as of late and they are hoping to bounce back after both Samuel Borlaviac and Anja Tella both placed seventh in both of the previous two editions. There's hope that Mercedini can follow in little Cosneolta's footsteps and chalk off their first ever WHF victory in Vodiznad.

Alishkaerni hails from the region of Rafelonia where he grew in a musical household, but only had his first big breakthrough when he released 'The Way You Make Me Feel' and then subsequently chosen to be a WHF representative. He worked on his debut album since that appearance with some of those chosen to be released as singles, 'Don't Tempt Me' being one of those. It was a hit on the Mercedinian Hot 100 and was subsequently chosen from a shortlist of hits since the last World hit Festival. If Daniel can improve on his placement last time then Mercedini could have themselves another podium and a potential victory, but with more nations joining and with the World hit Festival becoming more and more competitive edition after edition, it may be an uphill battle from here on out.

Before boarding his flight, Alishkaerni said in an interview "The last time I was in one of these types of competitions, it was definitely an experience. I am thankful that ENM chose me once again to represent my country in the World Hi Festival, and I hope to go at least one better than last time. The fans have been tremendous in supporting me and I hope they will be there in full force in Vodiznad. We hope that we will put on a good performance for the fans and maybe we can put some points on the board for our nation!".

Representatives on ENm have promised that they will pull out all the stops for their performance and if it falls for Mercedini, it will be the first time Mercedini will win the WHF, following Rachel Nollov's victory when she was part of the Cosneoltan act last edition. Will Mercedini win that elusive WHF trophy? Only time will tell..

The song begins with the stage mainly black but with an orange hue on the stage, nothing on the stage is yet visible, although the orange hue does give us a small clue as to the things on the stage, it's just that the audience and viewers don't know that yet. The camera begins from an elevated central position in the arena with white beams of light being scattered away from the stage and across the rest of the stadium. As the introduction gets more intense, the beams of light focus and turn to face a figure at the centre-rear of the stage. The figure reveals itself as Alishkaerni who lifts the microphone up to his face to sing the opening verse of the song.

Flames are splashed onto the LED screen behind him as he walks from the rear of the stage to the front, they then fade into the darkness and return for the third line, matching the beat of the song to give the song more impact. There are three male backing singers at the edge of the stage which are briefly shown during cuts after every two lines of the opening verse.

Even when the earth trembles
I'll stand strong and cast my spell
It’s just the way I’m assembled
There’s power in every cell

White lights flash to the drum beat of the pre-chorus, as the central camera has now switched to a zoomed in, close-up of the male vocalist. He shapes his hand into the shape of a gun and points it towards his temple before pulling the imaginary trigger and pointing towards the audience for the second line. He steadies himself as the camera fades to black for the start on the first chorus.

Pull the trigger, I won’t blink
My other foes, they’re extinct

Flames on the LED screen fly up behind Alishkaerni as he begins to sing the chorus, bathing the stage and the front portion of the audience in bright orange and red, adding to the intensity of the beats in the chorus. He stretches his arms out and opens his body language up to the audience while staring into the camera while he sings the title lyrics of the song. For the second half of the chorus, he interacts with the LED screen behind him, giving the audience the impression that flames are being emitted from his hands when he lifts them up or he is wafting the flames around himself as he swings his fingers in front of his body. As the chorus comes to an end, he buckles his body, spins and takes a knee which mirrors the music which is distorting in a downward pitch movement. The lights fade from white to a deep orange before the camera fades to black and cuts to the second verse.

I’ll wake up, vacate your lies
We’ll see through your veiled disguise
You were warned, don’t tempt me

Flames will rise, ignite the ground
I will swim, leave you to drown

After ending the first chorus on one knee, Daniel rises up from his position, which is captured by the central camera that is now encapsulating the portion of the stage he is standing on. As he rises up from his kneeling position, a ball of flame burst from the centre of the screen and morphs itself into a set of wings which he stands in front of and flaps from time to time to add a bit of realness to the piece. He walks to left of the stage and the wings follow him, it's almost as if it was choreographed before hand. The wings are diffused and turn into smoke and fade into the darkness as Daniel walk to the front of the stage as the second verse ends.

Don’t ever play with my fire
We both know what that’s gonna do (yeah, yeah)
I’ll be the one who shines brighter
Outshine the black hole in you

The stage returns to darkness with the central camera zoomed in so much that Daniel's face and the dark background are the only things the audience can see at home. The crowd sees the lights in the arena flash white to the drum beats of the song before all moving to focus on the song's main performer, the light that is focused on Daniel is mostly absorbed but the small percentage that is reflected gives him a glowing appearance, it's just the only the crowd can see it, but it does raise a small cheer from the Mercedinian fans.

Pull the trigger, I won’t blink
My other foes, they’re extinct

The flames return to the stage once again but this time actual flame jets fly from the front of the stage as Daniel takes a knee and pounds the ground in time with the music which matches up with the LED cracks in the stage, the final punch at the end of the first half of the chorus cracks the black LED floor which shatters into many pieces leaving a black shard which Daniel is kneeling on with the rest of the floor being a pool of lava which is flowing to wards the audience's side of the stage. He gets up from his kneeled position and walks backward towards the LED screen with the shards forming a path as he walks to make close to the LED screen as the chorus comes to a close

The camera then moves from the left hand side of the stage and sweeps downward, flying above the heads of the audience until it sweeps by the front of the stage. Flame jets flicker from the stage and turn on and off without any order, this is mirrored by the strobe light which are flashing so much it would give a normal person an epileptic fit. They all flicker to the tune of the violin in an intense sequence of events on stage. The sequence ends with an inception style horn which blares as the beams of light turn red while the rest of the stage goes dark.

Just shine you light brighter, brighter
Just shine your light
(Ahh, just shine your light brighter)
Just shine your light

The camera moves up on the blackened stage and moves towards Daniel who is illuminated by a single while spotlight above his head. He is in the centre of the stage of one knee and staring down at the ground, meaning only his back and the top of his head can be seen, although the audience can gather from his silhouette where the rest of his body parts are. Red beams of light surround his body but are only seen around him and in no way do they reflect or show up anywhere on his body. He looks up and into the camera while holding his pose before standing up tall and letting out one long powerful note, leading us into the next chorus.

Just shine your light

The stage explodes back into life for the final chorus in the song. Orange and red flames appear on the LED screens on the floor once again with white beams of light working their way around the arena. Daniel has a detemrined look on his face as he points his finger into the camera before the shot changes to an elevated central camera moving forward yet still encompassing the entire design of the stage including the audience in front of it. He walks to the very front of the stage and makes it at the end of the chorus with the corwd waving their flags and enjoying the performance.

The flame jets and strobe lights return along with more effects on stage to add to the intensity of the song. A smoke machine is turned on along with a wing machine which blows the smoke around causing a vortex of light and smoke and chaos which Daniel is happily standing in the middle of while he sings the lyrics to his song. The camera performs a series of sweeping shots yet again across the arena. The final flames wash away the lights and colours and reveal the black background, all of the lights, smoke machines and wind machines are turned off as they are no longer needed after this point.

(You were warned) Just shine you light brighter, brighter
(Oh just don't tempt me) Just shine your light
(Oh just don't) Just shine you light brighter, brighter
(You were warned, don't tempt me) Just shine your light

Daniel goes on one knee once again and is lit by the spotlight above his head aswell as the camera light which is up on stage and giving the audience a close up as home. He looks up ahead of him and then back into the camera singing the words with purpose and intent while the male backing singers give their final accomanyments with their vocals.

As Daniel sings the last couple of words to his song, the camera which was orignally filming him moves off stage to make way for the view of the central camera. He stands up tall with a rather masculine pose which ends his performance, flames burst and the wings of a phoenix form behind him which earns a cheer from the audience as it symbolises the end of the performance.

The crowd goes wild with the Mercedinian portion of the crowd waving their flags and bouncing up and down like a bunch of drugged-up mental patients. Daniel blows a kiss and waves to the crowd before thanking them in Izmeduan and then English. "Hvala Izmedu, thank you very much!",

At the end of the performance, streamers in the Mercedinian colors were launched in celebration of Daniel's winner reprise. The Mercedinian delegation began to dawn on the stage to congratulate their winner, as the credits began to roll on the 34th World Hit Festival. Of course, this wasn't going to be the very end of the party for Vodiznad. The show may be over, but it was still WHF-mania in Vodiznad. The city planned to celebrate Daniel Alishkaerni's win before he'd have the chance to go back home. At the last frame of the festival, the legendary after-parties began...
Last edited by Izmedu on Sat Aug 26, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to NationStates