NATION

PASSWORD

New Civilizations [OOC | Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:56 pm

Ulls wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:
Ego is in North America- you're thinking of the Confederation of Helios.

Yeah, was thinking that Scythia was going to kill Ego weed traders from Scotland.

Tim be fair, if you don't hurry over Norsca will own Scotland afore ye. Kelmet is determined to flee the mainland and become Britain to my Kaiserreich.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Founded: Jan 02, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Wed Aug 16, 2017 11:00 pm

Ulls wrote:Yeah, was thinking that Scythia was going to kill Ego weed traders from Scotland.

Tim be fair, if you don't hurry over Norsca will own Scotland afore ye. Kelmet is determined to flee the mainland and become Britain to my Kaiserreich.

In my next couple of posts will be the Warlord with his host setting for Greenland and Iceland. So no sleep till Scotland. There will be other ships that will do official colonization of the two places but the main fleet is going towards Scotland with some casualties.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:30 am

Conwy-shire wrote:
Republic of the Cristo wrote:Hey, we need to discuss the history between Holy Scythia and Ego Helios.

So, around the time you integrated the Bhumidol I integrated Kutaizsur, who would have been neighbours and traders through the narrow mountain passes of the Caucasus. Its unlikely that the League would have sent diplomatic envoys to Scyth and even more unlikely that Scythian explorers/traders and the like would be given access to League territory, and any trade (official or otherwise) would probably happen in small Caravanserai situated in no-mans land on the border.

If you want there to have been sustained diplomatic contact I'm okay with that, but I'm not sure what you're expecting to have happened over that time period.

I would like that we have made only fleeting contact thus far, so that more official contact might be made in IC
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:33 am

Ulls wrote:
Ego is in North America- you're thinking of the Confederation of Helios.

Yeah, was thinking that Scythia was going to kill Ego weed traders from Scotland.

How did you get from Wisconsin to Scotland? I really doubt you that you would have that kind of technological capacity or logistical capacity. It would seem like the trip would cost faaaar more than what it was worth. Also, the Scottish coast is mostly rocky....

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:51 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
Ulls wrote:Yeah, was thinking that Scythia was going to kill Ego weed traders from Scotland.

How did you get from Wisconsin to Scotland? I really doubt you that you would have that kind of technological capacity or logistical capacity. It would seem like the trip would cost faaaar more than what it was worth. Also, the Scottish coast is mostly rocky....

Well, he hasn't made the transition yet. Ulls is basically making an all-in roll of the dice with his primitive longships to sail all the way around eastern Canada, to Greenland, to Iceland, to Scotland. It's going to be a doozie.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:56 am

Well, he hasn't made the transition yet. Ulls is basically making an all-in roll of the dice with his primitive longships to sail all the way around eastern Canada, to Greenland, to Iceland, to Scotland. It's going to be a doozie.

I expect heavy casualties, sickness, and even the death of my Author but if it works then I have just pull a Viking on the Vikings.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:59 am

Ulls wrote:

I expect heavy casualties, sickness, and even the death of my Author but if it works then I have just pull a Viking on the Vikings.

... why though?

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:03 am

Ulls wrote:I expect heavy casualties, sickness, and even the death of my Author but if it works then I have just pull a Viking on the Vikings.

... why though?

Resources mostly, I was going to originally go down and conquer Wisconsin to form a Mississippi Silk Road then I let my ambitions and the thought of a Sunset Invasion run ahead of me so I stuck with it.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:10 am

Ulls wrote:
... why though?

Resources mostly, I was going to originally go down and conquer Wisconsin to form a Mississippi Silk Road then I let my ambitions and the thought of a Sunset Invasion run ahead of me so I stuck with it.

You can't Viking the Vikings when most of your crew dies on the way there... and then all probably die from local diseases.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:13 am

Ulls wrote:Resources mostly, I was going to originally go down and conquer Wisconsin to form a Mississippi Silk Road then I let my ambitions and the thought of a Sunset Invasion run ahead of me so I stuck with it.

You can't Viking the Vikings when most of your crew dies on the way there... and then all probably die from local diseases.

Well, at least Jeb will probably live. Assuming he doesn't miss Iceland by dead reckoning and starve to death in the open ocean.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:17 am

Well, at least Jeb will probably live. Assuming he doesn't miss Iceland by dead reckoning and starve to death in the open ocean.

Yeah, I thought about that, what is he going to eat once he gets to Greenland and Iceland? The only animal I can think which is indigenous to either is the walrus; those are pretty tough to kill.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 am

Yeah, I thought about that, what is he going to eat once he gets to Greenland and Iceland? The only animal I can think which is indigenous to either is the walrus; those are pretty tough to kill.

There's plenty of fish in those seas, actually, especially now when the stocks are untouched. In some places legends say Vikings that fished off Greenland could walk across the water on the backs of the cod.

Though, yknow, scurvy.
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ulls
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulls » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:47 am

There's plenty of fish in those seas, actually, especially now when the stocks are untouched. In some places legends say Vikings that fished off Greenland could walk across the water on the backs of the cod.

Though, yknow, scurvy.

Bah, I'm going to be fine, just need to make sure that people don't die from cold weather and lack of food.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:37 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:I would like that we have made only fleeting contact thus far, so that more official contact might be made in IC

I'd be fine with that
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:53 pm

Apologies for the fairly small time between posts- I just had that one bubbling around in my brain.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:11 am

Oh, Cristo? Just saw your post in Scythe. For what it is worth, an actual siege-crossbow can actually outrange even a longbow. I imagine your spies wouldn't have had access to more than hunting crossbow designs, to be fair, which are simpler affairs than the windlasses and repeaters the Imperial Army actually uses.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 4:57 pm

:hug:
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:14 pm

So, I'm thinking about putting together a history/timeline for established nations, because I've been told this might help new folks join, even if they drop in unoccupied regions.

Would people be interested in putting together their own brief histories?

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:26 pm

G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, I'm thinking about putting together a history/timeline for established nations, because I've been told this might help new folks join, even if they drop in unoccupied regions.

Like a side form with an archive of our nations we can edit as we move threw time?
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:30 pm

Kelmet wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:So, I'm thinking about putting together a history/timeline for established nations, because I've been told this might help new folks join, even if they drop in unoccupied regions.

Like a side form with an archive of our nations we can edit as we move threw time?

Yes, likely something like that, that I will aggregate all of them to put in the OP. We had at least four new posters sign up, but none of them made it to the IC, and I think that might be because the RP is too inaccessibly developed looking.

Montchevre
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Aug 16, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Montchevre » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:32 pm

tag
I'm tired of the fight. What we need is pragmatic solutions, not party politics.
Quotes:
"Every difference of opinion is not a difference of principle." Thomas Jefferson
"Fear always springs from ignorance." Ralph Waldo Emerson
"The rights of democracy are not reserved for a select group within society; they are the rights of all the people." Olof Palme
"Only an organized and conscious people can bring about a different kind of society." Salvador Allende.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 23, 2017 5:34 pm

Montchevre wrote:tag

o/

Welcome!

The Columbian Confederation
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 21, 2017
Ex-Nation

WIP

Postby The Columbian Confederation » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:03 pm

Full Name: Ethan Walker

Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5 ft 11 inches, 250 pounds

Religion: Russian Orthodox Christian

Skills and Strengths: Being the most awkward person in the room at all times,

Weaknesses: Has never had to survive in the wild, and knows nothing about it.

Where in the world are you landing?: Southern England

RP Sample: WIP
I like video games, Ben Shapiro, and Disturbed. That sums me up pretty well.
TGs are welcome. I'm a lonely guy.
"If you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat." - Ronald Reagan
#FreeKekistan

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:06 pm

The Columbian Confederation wrote:Full Name: Ethan Walker

Appearance:

Height and Weight: 5 ft 11 inches, 250 pounds

Religion: Russian Orthodox Christian

Skills and Strengths: Being the most awkward person in the room at all times,

Weaknesses: Has never had to survive in the wild, and knows nothing about it.

Where in the world are you landing?: Southern England

RP Sample: WIP

Ah, someone dropping by England. That will certainly make things spicy.

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Postby Kelmet » Wed Aug 23, 2017 6:36 pm

Kelmet wrote:Like a side form with an archive of our nations we can edit as we move threw time?

Yes, likely something like that, that I will aggregate all of them to put in the OP. We had at least four new posters sign up, but none of them made it to the IC, and I think that might be because the RP is too inaccessibly developed looking.

I was thinking a separate thread were we could post info about a civ, cultural and religious info along with examples of architecture and systems of government.
Call me Kel

Co-OP and OP Experience

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse