NATION

PASSWORD

Influence lost for Founder activity?

Bug reports, general help, ideas for improvements, and questions about how things are meant to work.
Tego Witherward
Attaché

Founded: Jan 31, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Influence lost for Founder activity?

Postby Tego Witherward » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:33 am

I changed the password on my region. It stated that I would lose 20% influence for doing so. I don't recall influence being an issue for Founders. Is this something new? If so, it makes it damn difficult for us to maintain security. Change the password for each new person (to prevent mass infiltration by unscrupulous people), and the result will be 0 influence in time.

Last edited by Tego Witherward on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
╔═.◈.═════════════╗
The Apartment Block
╚══════.◈.════════╝

Flanderlion
Minister

Founded: Nov 25, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flanderlion » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:44 pm

You didn't lose any influence from changing the password, so looks like a UI bug. Executive Founders shouldn't and don't lose influence for actions in their region.

https://www.nationstates.net/nation=teg ... ensusid=65 - no sudden drop of 400 influence for the invisible password you were putting on.
As always, I'm representing myself.
Information
Wishlist

[violet]
Executive Director

Founded: Antiquity

Postby [violet] » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:14 pm

No influence was lost. There was a UI change: Previously the page would hide all Influence-related stuff if you were an executive Founder, but now it displays and says there's no Influence cost. Except that last part is apparently not working for you. I'll investigate.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:55 pm

Should be fixed now.

Cresenthia
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Cresenthia » Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:40 am

Some possibly related bugs I found (Everything was tested while this nation was in Kaiserreich, using the admin page of The Second European Empire as the founder):

1. When I open the menu to estimate the influence cost to ban or eject a nation in The Second European Empire, I am told that they are not present in the region, and it will consume none of my influence.

2. Attempting to change the password still displays an influence cost estimate.
Last edited by Cresenthia on Mon Aug 21, 2017 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

[violet]
Executive Director

Postby [violet] » Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:40 pm

Aha, well done. Fixed issues when nation is operating from outside the target region.

Return to Technical