NATION

PASSWORD

In Memorial of the Fallen [RWBY RP|OOC 3|Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Best new character so far? (Volume 5)

Leonardo Lionheart
No votes
Sienna Khan
38%
The pilot
23%
Weiss' summoned knight
23%
Vernal (could she be...)
No votes
No. Spoilers. Storm.
8%
"Actually these four episodes have been out for a we-" SHUSH, NO SPOILERS.
8%

Total votes : 13

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 13, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Sterkistan » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:39 am

Tag
This Nation does not use NS Statistics. Perpetually WIP

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:53 am

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: Zac An
Sex: Male
Race: [ X] Human [ ] Faunus
Biography:
Zac was born to a strict family or Huntsmen and Huntresses in Vacuo. They disciplined him to levels seen in soldiers, and trained him as such. He went out with his parents on hunts regularly and became rather skilled. During school he constructed his own weapon, and named it 'Maxim'. And followed the weekly routine with his parents for most of his life. He completed school as best he could, the unfortunate death of his Mother threatening his chances at getting into Shade didn't stop him, determined to apply at another school should he fail.

He worked his hardest and was accepted to Shade academy, however he wished to see the world. And applied as an exchange student at the prestigious Beacon Academy in Vale to complete his studies.

Personality: Despite his upbringing, Zac is fairly easygoing around others. However is strict regarding his own actions. He works to keep calm and collected, but can flare up on occasion. Zac works to lower unnecessary conflict and to do right by those he trusts. However, due to his strict upbringing, Zac has trouble with new people; It often takes him a significant amount of time to form bonds and trusting friendships.
Appearance:
- 6'1"
- 100 KG
- Fairly muscular build
- Fairly unkempt, short-medium hair
Casual Attire
- Wears a long-sleeved ivory green shirt with pockets
- Long brown pants
- Jacket over the top
- Comfortable boots
- Wears what's known as a 'slouch hat', Often pins the left side of the brim up
Combat Uniform
- Has a Metal Helmet clipped to belt
Reference Image(s): (Optional)

COMBAT INFORMATION
Weapon: Maxim
Appearance:
Maxim
- Purposely modeled with a vintage appearance
Capabilities:
- 200 round magazines, surprisingly heavy
- Fires dust rounds, different magazines have different ammunition
- Conversion frame allows the weapon to fold into a large club with a small buckler shield.
- Weapon designed to support close and long-range fighters

Semblance: Dug In
Dug In allows Zac to create temporary energy barricades to defend team-mates. The number he can create depends on the size of the barricades. And they can only take a certain amount of damage, with smaller barricades able to withstand more than larger ones. Large amounts of focus are required for one-way shields, and tend to take less damage.

OOC INFORMATION
RP Activity: I'll check daily. Depending on responses I may not post daily.
RP Example (link or one shot):
Charlie Foxtrot
The Colony
Did you read the rules? Yes

#RWBY RP Application
Do not remove this tag. It helps us find apps.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:28 am

Sorry for the long delay in my post, my fever came back in full force this week. I'll try to get a post up and review everything by tonight or tomorrow.

Sterkistan wrote:-snip-

I wouldn't say surprisingly heavy, since that would be expected of a gun/club like that, but accepted!

Oi Parcia, Jack now has a fellow gunslinger. :P

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:30 am

Again I tag, and again I'm uncertain on what would you need to fit into a team?
Someone who's all explosions and headshots?
The Flighty trickster?
The strategic symbol user?
The Impenetrable Defender?
Or something else entirely?
One true Patron Saint of Sinners and Satire
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine
-{(~CO-FOUNDER OF NS AXIS POWERS~)}-

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:51 am

Danceria wrote:Again I tag, and again I'm uncertain on what would you need to fit into a team?
The Flighty trickster?

In the RWBYverse, Huntsman culture dictates that each student hones their own particular fighting style and forges their own weaponry according to their strengths, weaknesses and ideals; diversity is prioritised above all. In Team CLAL, for example:

• Clover is a tonfa/battle rifle user who possesses a Semblance that distorts sound around his opponents; his main focus is offensive support.
  • Layla has grappling claw gauntlets and a Semblance that allows her to transfer electricity through contact, making her role flanking and area denial.
  • Albastru utilises a battle rifle that can alternatively transform into a sniper rifle and two shortswords, making him very versatile in terms of conventional combat, but also has a telekinetic Semblance that makes him a powerful battlefield caster.
  • Lucius Aurelius is the most heavily armoured of the team and uses a sword/flail and large shield, giving him the task of being the team's close combat brawler and defender; his weapon, however, also has powerful mid-range AoE assault and control capabilities by virtue of being a Dust grenade sling staff when in flail form, while his Semblance allows him to confound enemies by controlling to an extent what they can and cannot see.

In short, then - design a character who can fill given roles in combat and fill those roles well. Your teammates will pick up the slack elsewhere.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Emmet: You might see a mess -
Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

The central Nimban cultural ideal summed up in an exchange from The Lego Movie.

Supporter of the campaign to add Economic Freedom to the home page!

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:00 am

Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:
Danceria wrote:Again I tag, and again I'm uncertain on what would you need to fit into a team?
The Flighty trickster?

In the RWBYverse, Huntsman culture dictates that each student hones their own particular fighting style and forges their own weaponry according to their strengths, weaknesses and ideals; diversity is prioritised above all. In Team CLAL, for example:

• Clover is a tonfa/battle rifle user who possesses a Semblance that distorts sound around his opponents; his main focus is offensive support.
  • Layla has grappling claw gauntlets and a Semblance that allows her to transfer electricity through contact, making her role flanking and area denial.
  • Albastru utilises a battle rifle that can alternatively transform into a sniper rifle and two shortswords, making him very versatile in terms of conventional combat, but also has a telekinetic Semblance that makes him a powerful battlefield caster.
  • Lucius Aurelius is the most heavily armoured of the team and uses a sword/flail and large shield, giving him the task of being the team's close combat brawler and defender; his weapon, however, also has powerful mid-range AoE assault and control capabilities by virtue of being a Dust grenade sling staff when in flail form, while his Semblance allows him to confound enemies by controlling to an extent what they can and cannot see.

In short, then - design a character who can fill given roles in combat and fill those roles well. Your teammates will pick up the slack elsewhere.

I see. I'm going to create a character with a "charged" version of Ruby Rose's Semblance (IE, he can move quickly/leap/dodge out of the way. The longer he charges, the further he is able to jump) combined with a pavise-shield/gatling gun combo would (in theory) allow said character to be rather versatile in combat? My biggest concern is the dreaded words "It's too OP".
It is my sole purpose in life to offend you and get you to think about your convictions due to this
“You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life.” - Sir Winston Churchill, Prime Minister of Great Britain.
Obligatory Quotes below
“Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind; and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” - William Shakespeare.

“Always do right. This will gratify some people and astonish the rest.” - Mark Twain

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.” - Thomas Jefferson

“The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” - Thomas Paine

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:01 am

Stormwrath wrote:Sorry for the long delay in my post, my fever came back in full force this week. I'll try to get a post up and review everything by tonight or tomorrow.

Sterkistan wrote:-snip-

I wouldn't say surprisingly heavy, since that would be expected of a gun/club like that, but accepted!

Oi Parcia, Jack now has a fellow gunslinger. :P

No trouble, I'm just stuck as to how I could introduce this character.
Hope you get better.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:05 am

Danceria wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:In the RWBYverse, Huntsman culture dictates that each student hones their own particular fighting style and forges their own weaponry according to their strengths, weaknesses and ideals; diversity is prioritised above all. In Team CLAL, for example:

I see. I'm going to create a character with a "charged" version of Ruby Rose's Semblance (IE, he can move quickly/leap/dodge out of the way. The longer he charges, the further he is able to jump) combined with a pavise-shield/gatling gun combo would (in theory) allow said character to be rather versatile in combat? My biggest concern is the dreaded words "It's too OP".

It would be up to Stormwrath, but I don't see why it would be! I like the creativity involved in the concept.
We are the Nexus Wardship of Former Citizens of the Nimbus System, not just a collection of people; please shorten to the pre-title or use the full name!

Lord Business: Exactly: a bunch of weird, dorky stuff that ruined my perfectly good stuff!
Emmet: Okay. What I see are people, inspired by each other and by you - people taking what you made and making something new out of it.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:09 am

Danceria wrote:I see. I'm going to create a character with a "charged" version of Ruby Rose's Semblance (IE, he can move quickly/leap/dodge out of the way. The longer he charges, the further he is able to jump) combined with a pavise-shield/gatling gun combo would (in theory) allow said character to be rather versatile in combat? My biggest concern is the dreaded words "It's too OP".

It would be up to Stormwrath, but I don't see why it would be! I like the creativity involved in the concept.

Anuben Blazure is heavy weapons Faunus. He bonks people with shield and mows down foes with mini-Gatling gun. Also, is it possible for one to be raised as a mercenary? I doubt very much that the Grimm threat is so vast that humans and faunuses can't find a reason to kill one another. Especially when there's Dust or coin involved...
Obligatory Quotes below

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:36 am

The Flighty trickster?

I can't say for those who are looking for a team, but one thing to note is that their abilities are meant to complement each other, cover each other's weaknesses, and effectively work as one unit. Not saying that they should be all these things from the get-go (not even Team RWBY acted as one team at times), but it should be considered.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:40 am

Danceria wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:It would be up to Stormwrath, but I don't see why it would be! I like the creativity involved in the concept.

Anuben Blazure is heavy weapons Faunus. He bonks people with shield and mows down foes with mini-Gatling gun. Also, is it possible for one to be raised as a mercenary? I doubt very much that the Grimm threat is so vast that humans and faunuses can't find a reason to kill one another. Especially when there's Dust or coin involved...

Hmm...

Vacuo.

Vacuo would be perfect for that - perhaps not for mercenaries so much as guards for caravans moving from village to village or, conversely, for brigands assaulting those caravans. With such a weak administration, I have no doubt that such groups would develop. The place is a desert so it works thematically, too.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:43 am

Danceria wrote:Anuben Blazure is heavy weapons Faunus. He bonks people with shield and mows down foes with mini-Gatling gun. Also, is it possible for one to be raised as a mercenary? I doubt very much that the Grimm threat is so vast that humans and faunuses can't find a reason to kill one another. Especially when there's Dust or coin involved...

Hmm...

Vacuo.

Vacuo would be perfect for that - perhaps not for mercenaries so much as guards for caravans moving from village to village or, conversely, for brigands assaulting those caravans. With such a weak administration, I have no doubt that such groups would develop. The place is a desert so it works thematically, too.

We protect whoever has coin, or cannot help themselves, whichever the circumstance may be. These Hunters are cliched out of a Mad Max style of 80s cop movies: Loose cannon mavericks with no regard for red tape, and who solely exist to kick ass, take names, and make monies.
Obligatory Quotes below

Servanity
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 14, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:44 am

I made my changes awhile ago and i am still waiting for acceptance.

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 am

Danceria wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Hmm...

Vacuo.

We protect whoever has coin, or cannot help themselves, whichever the circumstance may be. These Hunters are cliched out of a Mad Max style of 80s cop movies: Loose cannon mavericks with no regard for red tape, and who solely exist to kick ass, take names, and make monies.

Yep, that sounds a lot like Vacuo. The idea has my support, for what it's worth.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:19 am

Danceria wrote:We protect whoever has coin, or cannot help themselves, whichever the circumstance may be. These Hunters are cliched out of a Mad Max style of 80s cop movies: Loose cannon mavericks with no regard for red tape, and who solely exist to kick ass, take names, and make monies.

Yep, that sounds a lot like Vacuo. The idea has my support, for what it's worth.

No-nonsensed Merc is gonna hit the streets of Beacon. Ladies, gird yourselves.
Obligatory Quotes below

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:26 am

Servanity wrote:-snip-

Accepted.

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:47 am

yay now just need to find out who i am gonna work with.

Servanity
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Servanity » Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:42 am

Since the tournament is already underway what would be the best place to me to post? Or the best person to interact with?

Torsiedelle
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 03, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Torsiedelle » Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:13 pm

Hi hi.

I am also interested in this RP, at least in reading a bit so far to understand it. I'm plenty familiar with RWBY, just don't like to be too ignorant of the RP itself.

Also interested cause I know Storm from another RP.
Rostavykhan is my Second Nation.
⋘EXCELSIOR⋙
To Cool For School

Sterkistan
Ambassador

Postby Sterkistan » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:01 pm

Servanity wrote:Since the tournament is already underway what would be the best place to me to post? Or the best person to interact with?

Well my character is just about to arrive if you want to meet them.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:15 pm

Torsiedelle wrote:Hi hi.

I am also interested in this RP, at least in reading a bit so far to understand it. I'm plenty familiar with RWBY, just don't like to be too ignorant of the RP itself.

Also interested cause I know Storm from another RP.

Well well well.

Look who decided to show up. :P

But srsly tho, a big welcome to you, Torii. xD

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 pm

Sterkistan wrote:
Servanity wrote:Since the tournament is already underway what would be the best place to me to post? Or the best person to interact with?

Well my character is just about to arrive if you want to meet them.

Between you two, Danceria and Torsiedelle, we might just have a new team on our hands!
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 pm

Sterkistan wrote:Well my character is just about to arrive if you want to meet them.

Between you two, Danceria and Torsiedelle, we might just have a new team on our hands!

*Panics and mashes together a haphazard biography and personality*
Obligatory Quotes below

Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Former Citizens of the Nimbus System » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:02 pm

Danceria wrote:
Former Citizens of the Nimbus System wrote:Between you two, Danceria and Torsiedelle, we might just have a new team on our hands!

*Panics and mashes together a haphazard biography and personality*

Shhh... Calm thyself. 'Tis alright. You need not rush. The outcome will be better for the additional consideration.
Last edited by Former Citizens of the Nimbus System on Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Danceria
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Danceria » Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm

Danceria wrote:*Panics and mashes together a haphazard biography and personality*

Shhh... Calm thyself. 'Tis alright. You need not rush. The outcome will be better for the additional consideration.

If so, the name of my character is Anuben Blezure (pronounced Ah-new-ben Bleh-zoor), so A or B for names. Make it kickass! And indeed, trying to find a suitable biography on why a merc wouldn't want to stay a merc. Perhaps an uber-powerful Grimm just nearly killed his entire crew, and he was the only survivor.

OOH! IDEA! IDEA! In the lore of RWBY, how does recruitment to Beacon Academy work? Or Academies in general? Are there scouts scouring for otherwise untapped potential Hunters?
Obligatory Quotes below

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse